ObamaCare’s victims: The Supercut

posted at 9:41 pm on March 31, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

In all the talk of the 6 million* who have successfully* enrolled in Obamacare, do not forget the many lies,* stories,* made up from whole cloth*:

The promise was never that some people would like some parts of Obamacare. The promise was it would work for everyone, no one would lose what they had and liked, and everyone’s premiums would go down— not rise more slowly, which they’re not either, but go down. Because they can’t meet their promises, they must pretend the Americans they’ve hurt don’t exist.

Comments

Huh?

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2014 at 9:43 PM

You mistakenly posted a photo for this story of the beneficiaries of DeathCare, MKH!

ShainS on March 31, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Oh. It took several refreshes to get the whole post from MKH…

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2014 at 9:45 PM

ObamaCare’s victims: The Supercut
posted at 9:41 pm on March 31, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

In all the talk of the 6 million* who have successfully*

Now if we can get these 6 million enrollments to successfully pay the premium

Electrongod on March 31, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Cut Mary Katharine some slack. BOR said she wasn’t feeling good tonight.

Lanceman on March 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Heh.

Initially, there was no photo accompanying this post either …

ShainS on March 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Cut Mary Katharine some slack. BOR said she wasn’t feeling good tonight.
Lanceman on March 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I wonder if she has ObamaCare?

redguy on March 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Heh.

Initially, there was no photo accompanying this post either …

ShainS on March 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Yeah, I noticed. This thread has been a work in progress…

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I wonder if she has ObamaCare?

redguy on March 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM

She won’t reach her deductible. But she can get free contraception. Too bad the Catholic Church only endorses the rhythm method.

Or has that changed in recent times too?

Lanceman on March 31, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Ms. Ham
This article was great and I hope you feel better soon.

seesalrun2 on March 31, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Yeah, I noticed. This thread has been a work in progress…

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2014 at 9:57 PM

And just how many have signed up? Tell the truth, now.

predator on March 31, 2014 at 10:02 PM

get well soon MKH….

going2mars on March 31, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Jay Carney assures me everything is going fine.

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Hope you feel better soon, Mary Kay…

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2014 at 10:10 PM

…get well soon!

KOOLAID2 on March 31, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Death to anyone who would dare complain about the Pharaoh’s ObummblerCare!

VorDaj on March 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM

You prob missed another Qtr of a million folks who are victims as well……the people who work in Med Device!
Med Device endures about a 30% unemployment rate; most of those now work as contract / 1099 labor making half ( or less ) what they used to – I’m one of them.
And now the cruelest joke of all…..We have to participate in the program which got rid of our job in the first place.
Freeing up the markets would have done a much better job covering more people for less money; shame Obama does not / or at least does not understand free market capitalism. Rest of the economy will get where we are soon, gonna get real shitty soon
Dow 9000 before the Dog Eater moves out

Privatize It on March 31, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Cut Mary Katharine some slack. BOR said she wasn’t feeling good tonight.
Lanceman on March 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I wonder if she has ObamaCare?

redguy on March 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Maybe BOR is forcing her to get ObummlerCare. That would do it.

VorDaj on March 31, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Jay Carney assures me everything is going fine.

John the Libertarian on March 31, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Jay is still on his parents plan..

What does he know?

Electrongod on March 31, 2014 at 10:14 PM

This!

This needs to be the message going into the elections against those who voted for Obamacare.

Happy Nomad on March 31, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Meh. None of these people matter.

The God King Obama is in the White House.

-Too many goddamned f@#$@#$ Lefties to count

Hawkins1701 on March 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Baghdad Jay told us that insurance would only cost $100 a day.
Wife and I just hoping to get a really big Barry subsidy cause they’re telling vets to get Obamacare to supplement VA.
III

Sgt Stryker on March 31, 2014 at 11:12 PM

If you don’t like O’care you’re racist!

Oxymoron on March 31, 2014 at 11:18 PM

There are liars. There are incorrigible liars. And then there are damnable liars. I wonder, which of these would be associated with Obama, Reid and Pelosi, et al?

HiJack on March 31, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Just wait until the premium increases for next year are announced. First one company will announce and the Dems will panic and spin. Then another and another. They won’t be able to control the news cycle and it’ll suck them down like a Charybdis. I don’t see how another delay can help this time.

DO NOT run out of popcorn.

Pythagoras on March 31, 2014 at 11:32 PM

So, something is going to prevent obama from simply ordering that no insurance company involved with obamacare can raise rates during 2014?

GaltBlvnAtty on March 31, 2014 at 11:49 PM

At some point there are going to be estimates for the big groups, too.

Remember Obama keeps delaying the “employer mandate,” but all those policies will HAVE to offer the ObamaCare package of benefits just like those for individuals.

A few large groups have better benefits, and they will be subject to the “Cadillac tax” on those. But most fall short and must either be upgraded to the more expensive package, or employers can drop coverage altogether and pay a fine of $2000 per employee – but then employees will have to go to the exchanges and buy their own coverage.

It is expected that most employers who drop coverage will at least give their employees the difference between what they currently pay and the $2000 fine, but that will be fully taxable and only cover a portion of the employees’ new premium.

BOTTOM LINE: there are going to be a lot more unhappy people around.

Adjoran on April 1, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Baghdad Jay told us that insurance would only cost $100 a day.
III

Sgt Stryker on March 31, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Yeah, I got one of those letters the other day from the VA…I was like “WTH?”.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 1, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Yeah, I got one of those letters the other day from the VA…I was like “WTH?”.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 1, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Mine said, and this is probably due to me being disabled vet status, was my VA coverage supposedly counted and complied with obamacare rules.
I ignored it.
I rarely use VA stuff, while I can use it for about anything I tend to only use it for items directly related to my injuries.
I do partake of the free eyecare (that actually helps me not aggravate my service injuries) but don’t use all the preventative care or the clinics for when I get hurt/sick.
but the way things are going due to all this crap I may have to.

dmacleo on April 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM

If you don’t like O’care you’re racist!

Oxymoron on March 31, 2014 at 11:18 PM

If you like your doctor, and want to keep your doctor, you’re a racist!.

Axeman on April 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Just wait until the premium increases for next year are announced.

Pythagoras on March 31, 2014 at 11:32 PM

It’s easy. Dems aren’t going to sweat this at all. They are going to pull a switch and drop into Blame Greedy Insurance Providers Mode.

It’s only because they want to make a buck on your misery that you have to pay that much for healthcare. You’ll see, the lofos will lap it up and the pressure will be on insurance companies to cut their profits to the bone.

Axeman on April 1, 2014 at 11:18 AM