Video: Phelim McAleer and the Gosnell TV movie

posted at 5:01 pm on March 30, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Remember Kermit Gosnell? Most of the media would like to forget his butchery, even as most of them declined to cover his crimes and his trial, too. Two of our friends refuse to forget, though, and they have launched an Indiegogo project to fund a TV movie about a man they describe as “America’s biggest ever serial killer.” Frack Nation‘s Phelim McAleer and Ann McIlhenny need your help to make sure this story gets told:

The filmmaker, Phelim McAleer, says he will explore not only Gosnell’s actions — he calls Gosnell “America’s biggest serial killer” — but also what he says is the bureaucratic and media inattention that allowed them to continue until his arrest in 2011.

McAleer’s project is to be produced by his Hat Tip Productions as a television movie that he will pitch to various cable TV channels. He’s attempting to raise $2.1 million at IndieGoGo for its financing. If he is successful, his would be the biggest crowdfunding film or TV campaign ever at IndieGoGo.

McAleer is a crowdfunding veteran, having previously raised $212,265 for his movie FrackNation, a documentary that accuses another documentary, Gasland, of numerous factual errors. He surpassed his goal of $150,000 for that film, which was backed by 3,305 Kickstarter contributors, and the movie aired in January on Mark Cuban‘s AXS TV.

The IndieGoGo project can be found at GosnellMovie.com, but that’s a story in itself, as the Hollywood Reporter explains:

McAleer was set to use Kickstarter again for Gosnell, but the firm wanted several changes to the text of the fundraising pitch and, in the end, attached a disclaimer to the project’s letter of acceptance warning that if anything “objectionable” were added the project would be removed. McAleer sent a sternly worded letter to Kickstarter accusing it of “censorship” and moved the campaign for Gosnell to IndieGoGo. Kickstarter says the disclaimer is standard procedure.

Unlike FrackNation and other movies McAleer has produced, the Gosnell movie will be a scripted drama, and he’ll base it largely on grand jury testimony and documentation from Gosnell’s trial, which major media outlets covered sporadically. Columnists at Time magazine, Fox News, ABC News, theWashington PostThe Atlantic and elsewhere suggested that bias against the anti-abortion movement caused liberal journalists to ignore the story. A column for the The Daily Beast by Megan McArdle, for example, carried the headline, “Why I Didn’t Write About Gosnell’s Trial – And Why I Should Have,” and included a photo of the press gallery in the courtroom with every seat empty.

Phelim writes at the IndieGoGo site that they’re following the example of Veronica Mars:

Hollywood never would fund a movie such as this.

We funded our last film FrackNation using crowdfunding.

So far, the biggest “crowd funded” film of all-time is the Veronica Mars movie, a teen detective story that asked for $2.1m and raised $5.7m, we think the Gosnell movie is more important, we think you do too.

So we are asking for $2.1m and we are hoping to break the record and make history.

With your help we’re going to hire the best screenwriter, director and actors to make sure that the story of Kermit Gosnell gets into every home in America.

The project has already launched, but the first week is usually the most important for setting the momentum. I interviewed Phelim about the project, the problem with Kickstarter, and the need to tell the stories that the media don’t want to cover.

Video streaming by Ustream

Phelim, Ann, and Magdalena Segieda explain the project in their own words:

Comments

I’m contributing to this. I hope everyone spreads the word about this film.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Sarah Palin should post about this on her Facebook and on Twitter. She should encourage people to support this project.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Remember Kermit Gosnell?

If you don’t. google his name. Then click the images button. There are reminders there.

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I think he should’ve gone with Kickstarter, to be honest.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I wish him all the best of success but I somehow don’t think the NBC conglomerate of channels is going to welcome so off message to their agenda and that of the Demonrats (but I repeat myself). Any outlet that might be interested would probably be an audience of anti-abortionist anyway. Not trying to rain on the project but there one must be pragmatic and reasonable about what to expect from a media that didn’t bother vetting the filthy rat-eared scumbag in the White House and, even today, defend his incompetence, laziness, corruption, and evildoings.

Happy Nomad on March 30, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I think he should’ve gone with Kickstarter, to be honest.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I think he should fund this project by doing a documentary where he goes to the usual sources of funding Breitbart-style and film what he is told about his pitch. That alone might be educational about just how corrupt and biased the media has become.

Happy Nomad on March 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I was a backer on FrackNation. It was a fantastic film. I will back this one also. I recommend we put our money where our mouths are so this story can be told.

redguy on March 30, 2014 at 5:22 PM

I think he should’ve gone with Kickstarter, to be honest.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

He used Kickstarter for FrackNation, so he must have a reason for the switch.

redguy on March 30, 2014 at 5:23 PM

He used Kickstarter for FrackNation, so he must have a reason for the switch.

redguy on March 30, 2014 at 5:23 PM

He said he switched because Kickstarter wanted him to tone down his pitch.

Timin203 on March 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I think he should’ve gone with Kickstarter, to be honest.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

He used Kickstarter for FrackNation, so he must have a reason for the switch.

redguy on March 30, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Kickstarter said they could not list the crimes of Gosnell because it went against their “community guidelines”…..

redguy on March 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM

He said he switched because Kickstarter wanted him to tone down his pitch.
Timin203 on March 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Wow! Forget Kickstarter.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Gosnell is an important factoid to make abortion look bad just as Abu Ghraib was an important factoid for those who hate America. In my world, some dumbass criminal doesn’t invalidate a related legal activity, but that is not how America haters and pro-lifers think.

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Dang, I should really read the posts before commenting.

Glad he is not using Kickstarter.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I gave yesterday. I find the story unbelievable, definitely unfathomable, but the truth needs to be told about that house of horrors and that butcher. Those poor babies deserve to be remembered.

Fallon on March 30, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Thanx Thuja, or should I say John C Calhoun, the fact that SOME slave holders mistreat their property ahold not be taken as evidence against the otherwise legal activity of slave-owning, right?

JFKY on March 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Gosnell is an important factoid to make abortion look bad just as Abu Ghraib…

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

You’re delusional.

Fallon on March 30, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I do not understand this “crowd funding”. If this is being promoted as an investment, is there a prospectus some place that explains how profits are to be distributed? Are there tax advantages to be distributed? What is the structure of the venture?

It appears that they need to raise 2 million dollars in 43 days which seems like a lot to me. And they are offering to give anyone who invests $10,000 a speaking part in the movie – is that realistic?

If this is an investment, I would like to at least see some indications of interest from a few TV channels and what they might be willing to pay for the movie. Will there be international revenues?

Maybe I’m looking at this wrong. Maybe it’s not really an investment but rather a donation.

Kaffa on March 30, 2014 at 5:47 PM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Since you are someone who advocates killing babies, especially disabled babies, it is no surprise that you would be irritated by a film telling the truth about a serial baby killer.

Pro-abortion fanatics want to hide the truth about abortion, sanitize its reputation and dehumanize the slaughtered babies.

More people need to speak up for the innocent victims, and I am very glad this filmmaker shining a bright light on a reality the inhuman pro-abortion zealots would rather cover up.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Kaffa on March 30, 2014 at 5:47 PM

It’s a donation. And one that is well deserved.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Kaffa on March 30, 2014 at 5:47 PM

On my part, it’s a donation and I asked for nothing for my donation (that is an option). But it is also an investment in the truth, getting an important story out through the very same media that has basically ignored the trial of a mass murdering abortionist.

Fallon on March 30, 2014 at 5:53 PM

No really, I have enough of these already. Thanks anyway.

Dang, I should really read the posts before commenting.

bluegill on March 30, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 5:54 PM

You’re delusional.

Fallon on March 30, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Most whackjobs are. ; )

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Most whackjobs are. ; )

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 5:55 PM

:-)

Fallon on March 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM

…getting an important story out through the very same media that has basically ignored the trial of a mass murdering abortionist.

Fallon on March 30, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems to me that all the media has to do is to continue to ignore it and not put the film on the air.

Kaffa on March 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

This makes no sense.

P.S.
You’re scared aren’t you? The tide is shifting and the liberal left are looking like the gullible fools they have always been.
Now be the good little predictable wiener and post the expected reply.

Mimzey on March 30, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Some of you guys know my opinions on abortion. Instead of going down the rabbit hole and commenting on a subject that depresses me…you know what?

Going to head upstairs and hug and tell the kids that are here that I love then, text the three out of town and tell them how much I love them; and call my oldest who I have not spoken with in over a week and tell her how much I love her.

Darn happy that all our kids are alive and kicking and were given the chance of life. Time for another beer and a toast to the little ones.

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 6:21 PM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

So…why do you hate America, baby-killer?

Solaratov on March 30, 2014 at 6:21 PM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Her birth mother decided to abort her through a saline abortion while about seven months pregnant. A saline abortion is different from most abortions in that it takes longer to complete. A fetus is surrounded with a solution that is meant to burn it to death and can take hours upon hours to completely work.

At a very early age, she was diagnosed with cerebral palsy as a result of the saline burning and her foster parents were told that basic tasks such as walking and talking would be incredibly difficult for her.

Sarah was to be aborted through the use of potassium chloride, but didn’t take to the poison injection the way she should have. Instead of the needle piercing Sarah’s heart, it punctured her brain. Sarah ended up being birthed not long after and was adopted. She was blind, had a stroke at about six months old, and finally passed away from kidney failure at age five.

Josiah has plenty of reason to oppose it, as he was born as the result of a botched abortion in Korea and now has a maimed arm. He was adopted by a family in Oklahoma and is now grown and healthy.

After the procedure was through and Brandi was determined to be a dead fetus, the staff at the clinic prepared to dispose of her body. As they were about to do so, she reportedly raised an arm and was allowed to be revived.

You see, us unAmerican people recognize what is being aborted, and why.

unclesmrgol on March 30, 2014 at 6:23 PM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

You’re just disturbed. If it’s such an idiotic notion, no one will buy the premise and you’ll be set supporting baby killing.

It begs the question though, why do you even comment if you’re so sure? Why do you even comment if it’s just so accepted and mainstream?

Yeah I wasn’t sure until I saw thujas comment and now I’m set to support the movie.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:23 PM

I just contributed, and I will spread the word.

predator on March 30, 2014 at 6:24 PM

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Actually, I don’t know your opinion on abortion. I’m interested.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:24 PM

You see, us unAmerican people recognize what is being aborted, and why.

unclesmrgol on March 30, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Powerful.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

LOL, thuja, what program do you use to alert you to abortion-related posts – you only and always seem to show up pretty quickly when those are live, but… for nothing else.

Midas on March 30, 2014 at 6:31 PM

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 6:21 PM

High-five to you. Good perspective.

And I’m still not buying that you’re actually a liberal. Not by today’s reckoning, anyway.

Midas on March 30, 2014 at 6:33 PM

You know me as I have no problem with a long post! Chuckle.
Short answer.

Abortion is infanticide.

Abortion is legal.

Abortion is wrong in my personal world that I have influence over.

Always enjoy yapping with you Mr. Hawk.

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Kermit Gosnell: If you like your baby, you can keep your baby.

Mojave Mark on March 30, 2014 at 6:38 PM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Except we don’t know that Gosnell is an aberration. It took TWO women dying before someone looked into Gosnell. The abortion industry is the most unregulated medical industry out there. Women routinely have their uterus’ punctured, and get infections in these clinics, but the stats are limited due to the political bias that goes along with abortion.

melle1228 on March 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM

It was illegal at one time. As people that believe it is infanticide, do we have a responsibility to try to change the laws.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM

So, Thuja on reflection, please explain how ONE prison in Iraq compares to the slaughter of 1.5 million babies per year? Explain how being embarrassed or scared equals being sucked out of the womb?

Explain your moral equivalence.

Oh I guess that won’t happen, run in drop a turf & run is more your style.

JFKY on March 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM

And it became legal long before we knew the science of the womb.

melle1228 on March 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM

And it became legal long before we knew the science of the womb.

melle1228 on March 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Personally, I am glad to be the age I am and have been born before ultrasounds were common during the gestation period and abortions were basically illegal. I was conceived between permanent men in my mother’s life and I was born with clubbed feet. With corrective surgeries for the first two years, I was way more of an expensive baby than someone like thuja would tolerate. Especially since my care fell on charities. These days, a birth defect like mine I think would be enough to convince even a caring person, especially a single Mom, to just not go to term.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Thuja I don’t know you but I’m praying for your soul. You are deceived. Look deeper.

neyney on March 30, 2014 at 6:53 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Lolz! HL is quite the baby maker. ; )

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 6:54 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Yes. Just as the wise and moral folks so many years ago changed society to be repulsed by slavery.

Man, I hate short answers!

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Man, I hate short answers!

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Really?

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Powerful.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Not my doing. The innocent speak for themselves.

unclesmrgol on March 30, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I was born with clubbed feet.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM

So you are Irish…big deal!!!!! Hey, those types of challenges make us who we are today. Of course, I am perfect and have lived a charmed life!!!

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:02 PM

The filmmaker, Phelim McAleer, says he will explore not only Gosnell’s actions — he calls Gosnell “America’s biggest serial killer” — but also what he says is the bureaucratic and media inattention that allowed them to continue until his arrest in 2011.

How do we know that Gosnell was not driven by the same sociopathology that drives serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer? Wouldn’t work as an abortionist be a perfect front for a serial killer? How do we know that your average abortionist is some kind of champion of ‘women’s rights’ and not someone that gets off on killing?

slickwillie2001 on March 30, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Really?

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Did you miss my 10,000 word post on belly button lint? Chuckle.

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:04 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Man, I hate short answers!

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts. I think we need to be honest, vocal and pragmatic. Relegating our thoughts and opinions constantly to the next election is no longer acceptable to me. After seeing what the blind eye has created in men like Gosnell, it’s not enough to wait.

I get thuja. He likes the fact lessor life forms don’t make it. But he completely misses the point here. Even if Gosnell were the only one, which I’m sure is not the case, the point was that the media didn’t care. You could make a entire movie about the media’s utter lack of reaction and the left spin.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Will be contributing for sure for this..This story no doubt needs more attention and this is the best way to do it

sadsushi on March 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I like to joke…so sorry about being silly on such a serious topic.

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I say we examine how racism and the legacy of Slavery drove Boswell to the actions he took. I say we examine the budget cuts of Reagan that forced Gosnell into the desperate circumstances he found himself. Then I say we examine the Witch Hunt that Racist, Sexist Repuglikkans waged on Dr. Gosnell….but I bet you Tea-baggers don’t want that Truth to emerge…..

JFKY on March 30, 2014 at 7:09 PM

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:04 PM

No. Just surprised anyone with that many kids, thought that many kids would be a short answer.

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 7:09 PM

JFKY on March 30, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Bishop is not here. He will never read that.

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 7:10 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:02 PM

We have had these discussions before. thuja has commented any baby that a mother feels possesses some defect she’s not able or willing to deal with, will never see the day to contend with that challenge presented them. They never get there. thuja also thinks anesthetizing a full term baby going through the late term abortion procedure (of penetrating the base of their skull and evacuating their brains), well, that’s just an addition procedural expense that isn’t warranted.

smh

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I like to joke…so sorry about being silly on such a serious topic.

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM

About my feet? pfft. My young warrants walking behind me on the flight line still imitate the way I walk.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I think we need to be honest, vocal and pragmatic.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I am glad our paths have crossed and I have gone from not caring about abortion to being against the “procedure”. Funny how so many folks see abortion from a religious viewpoint…from both sides.

Me……being a sinner….I still believe abortion is wrong and no longer have tolerance for those that hold up abortion as their “holy grail”.

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Bmore…we continue even if the Master is absent..

JFKY on March 30, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Bmore…we continue even if the Master is absent..

JFKY on March 30, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Without a doubt. I feel Bishop lurking.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Being Irish time is short. Well, to put it another way…multiply my kids times 3 minutes each and the answer would be under 30 minutes…barely!

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:22 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 7:14 PM

They should be more worried about flying an egg-beater that’s main purpose is to go boom and land like a yard sale…than the way you duck waddle.

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:30 PM

HonestLib on March 30, 2014 at 7:30 PM

More like a pigeon.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 7:33 PM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 7:14 PM

LOL I was born with feet pointing out so wore shoes that connected to each other with a bar to fix them.
my “marching” was always a bit odd too.

dmacleo on March 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM

dmacleo on March 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM

We should get jackets. :-)

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Late last year I was talking to one of my co-workers and the subject of the CT shooting came up. The talk eventually drifted to killers.

I mentioned that Gosnell probably killed in the neighborhood of a thousand babies outside the womb (along with thousands inside the womb) and EASILY was the most prolific serial killer in US history. This guy didn’t even know about it.

I had to further lecture him on why the media did not cover it except a few places like Fox News, etc. He was a little uncomfortable when I took the photo on my desk of me holding my son in my lap wrapped up like a little burrito on his first birthday and showing it to him and telling him that Gosnell butcherd a thousand of these.

Last, I remember telling him something along the lines that if a baby outside the womb is screaming due to being cut up into pieces, and he can’t hear it, it doesn’t mean it did not happen.

Oh, and get this, where did this guy, an otherwise ok co-worker, get his news…you guessed it…The Daily Show.

Complete ignorant fool.

KirknBurker on March 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

This remark, to be kind in attempting to describe your thought process, is not analogy or logic. It’s a silly dialectic which “in my world” leads to unemployment. May I suggest that, if this is the product of a college education, you seek reimbursement for educational malpractice. If it is the product of reading bumper sticker slogans, then please keep your eyes on the road. And if it’s a product of watching alphabet news, please give your remote control to an adult.

cthemfly on March 30, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Explain your moral equivalence.

Oh I guess that won’t happen, run in drop a turf & run is more your style.

JFKY on March 30, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Well, I didn’t make any comparison between one prison in Iraq to what you call a slaughter, and I call a good thing. I don’t know that I am moral equivalencing anything. I am logically equivalencing a bad argument against the Iraq War with a bad argument against abortion.

About your run accusation, I am sorry I had to clean my mother’s yard of all the winter debris in it, but I have only so many days of vacation to take a flight to my mother’s house and stay. I already know that I have to mention that I have to take a plane ride to my mother’s house, because people like you would start claiming I live in her basement. I am sure you will manage some hateful statement about my cleaning my mother’s yard, despite the value that honest conservative place on hard work. So, go ahead and insult the yard work. Show me just how conservative are those pro-life values.

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM

You do understand that the legal group known as Planned Parenthood REFERRED HUNDREDS of young women to that “dumbass criminal”, don’t you? This wasn’t an isolated incident. Planned Parenthood was a partner with Gosnell. This was the norm, not the exception. And yet you make excuses for a serial killer enabled by an industry of slaughter. If you loved America, you wouldn’t be rooting for those who kill America’s future.

dominigan on March 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM

dominigan on March 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM

And you do understand the torture that happened at Abu Ghraib was done by employees of the United States government?

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 10:06 PM

So far, the biggest “crowd funded” film of all-time is the Veronica Mars movie, a teen detective story that asked for $2.1m and raised $5.7m, we think the Gosnell movie is more important, we think you do too.

Well….

I’m a pretty big Veronica Mars fan.

mintycrys on March 30, 2014 at 10:36 PM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Who ….. in the U.S. Government authorized it ?
Who ….. within the military chain-of-command authorized it ?

listens2glenn on March 30, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Alright Ed, I put some money in the pot for an organization and a bunch of people I don’t know other than that Hellspawn Gosnell… not my style but I’ll trust your recommendation. A lot of good money has been spent on good intentions by bad people (see the definition of Obamacare in the dictionary). I would donate a lot more money to have Gosnell post birth aborted in the next day or so… now that would be a Kickstarter initiative with juice!

HatfieldMcCoy on March 30, 2014 at 11:43 PM

listens2glenn on March 30, 2014 at 11:39 PM

IIRC, the “torture” that thuja uses as an example here was mere child’s play compared to things that were routinely done to prisoners of that facility under its previous management. I believe the worst thing done there by England and her friend to prisoners was parading them around naked with a pair of panties on their heads. By comparison, under Saddam’s management, prisoners at Abu Ghraib had electrical wires attached to their genitals and were run through industrial shredders, among other things.

I used to get so amused by all the liberals who had to have themselves waterboarded in order to “prove” the practice was in fact torturous. Oddly enough, I don’t recall any of them having to prove the methods Saddam’s cronies used on prisoners back in the day to be torture.

/Pu$$ies

Wanderlust on March 31, 2014 at 12:39 AM

my “marching” was always a bit odd too.

dmacleo on March 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Dennis Brown splint? Decades ago my then little son wore those at night. I remember him getting out of bed and crawling to the bathroom. It worked for him.

GaltBlvnAtty on March 31, 2014 at 12:42 AM

They are over $100,000 now.

Please, if you have the means, contribute what you can.

Fallon on March 31, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Kickstarter evidently has a very cosy relationship with Sundance, the scene of After Tiller‘s triumph. Not the first place I would expect to receive a graphic anti-abortion documentary gladly.

anonymous irishman on March 31, 2014 at 10:33 AM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 10:06 PM

And based upon your argument, I assume you cheered them on.

By the way, were any of them cut up into pieces alive? Were they drowned in acid? Were their body parts flushed down toilets? Were their parts cleaned out of the sewer pipes after they backed up? Were they left to die of exposure? Were their body parts kept in jars as trophies?

Please explain yourself, because I cannot follow your delusion in trying to equate the two.

dominigan on March 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM

thuja on March 30, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Oh and nice squirrel, but you didn’t address my statement…

dominigan on March 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM

dominigan on March 31, 2014 at 11:54 AM

McAleer should ask Wendy Davis if she’d like to do a cameo in the film. Like, maybe as one of the women that died.

NoPain on March 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Is it my imagination (and this is eerie given the subject matter) but does Ed look like a fetus with glasses?

paraff on March 31, 2014 at 3:33 PM