Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on March 30, 2014 by Allahpundit

A slow news week means a change of pace for the Sunday morning chatfest. Star guest: Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, who’ll be on “Face the Nation” and “State of the Union” to update people on the search for survivors after the horrific mudslide in Snohomish County. The death toll stands at 26 as I write this but is expected to rise; the last story I read about the search for survivors had a member of the search team discovering his own sister’s body in the rubble.

If that’s not for you, the other shows have lined up yet another round of squabbling over the NSA featuring the usual suspects — Dianne Feinstein, Mike Rogers, Ron Wyden, and Michael Hayden, among others. And McCain will be on “Political Capital” on Bloomberg TV, just because America can’t survive a Sunday without a Maverick cameo somewhere on morning television. The full line-up is at Politico.

Comments

Meh, I’m going back to bed.

rbj on March 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM

They can’t get by one week without McCain. I suspect he stands at the door until they let him in.

crankyoldlady on March 30, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I wonder if “plague of locusts” was metaphorical, and Sunday morning punditry was what the prophets really had in mind.

MTF on March 30, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Hmm, I wonder if any of the talking heads will mention this:

Bono admits capitalism brings more out of poverty than government aid.

No I’m not, of course they won’t.

Flora Duh on March 30, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Flora Duh on March 30, 2014 at 8:23 AM

If any of them besides Fox even mention the Leland Yee incident this morning, I’d be shocked.

jon1979 on March 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM

David Gregory, ge man most serious about our gun laws really should spend the whole morning talking about Leeland Yee.

myrenovations on March 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Today’s lineup gives us more of what we have come to expect with mind-numbing consistency from the Pauline Kael Media: opinions from their own left-of-center world, and to hell with your silly diversity.

Ho hum:

• Karl Rove – GOPer

“State of the Union” on CNN

• Inslee – liberal kook
• Dianne Feinstein – liberal kook
• John Negroponte – spook and DC pensioner

“Political Capital” on Bloomberg TV

• John McCain – RINO (assert “whiny, delusional, RINO b1tch defense” here)

“Newsmakers” on C-SPAN

• Steve Scalise – Conservative!

“Al Punto” on UniRacist

• Xavier Becerra – liberal kook
• Paul Chavez – liberal kook

This is just about as bad a lineup for airing the full spectrum of political voices that I can even remember. This is DNC propaganda, straight up, orchestrated by liberal Democrats, and presented by liberal Democrats. Viewers of C-Span will be the only ones who hear a message that more than half of America is familiar with.

Pathetic.

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Go to church, go out to breakfast, go for a walk, NCAA basketball. Spare yourselves the absurdity of this farce today.

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Pathetic.

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Wow! Still though. As always, thank you very much. ; )

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Hmm, I wonder if any of the talking heads will mention this:

Bono admits capitalism brings more out of poverty than government aid.

No I’m not, of course they won’t.

Flora Duh on March 30, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Bono’s fallen out of favor with the libbies.

22044 on March 30, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Wow!

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Too dark?

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I’d be shocked.

jon1979 on March 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM

You and me both. Better yet … will anyone from the DNC Media ever take a quick look at the Democrat Congressional Crime Wave?

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM

myrenovations on March 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Yee who? ;)

oryguncon on March 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Remember when a guy tapping his toe in a toilet stall and one Republican sex scandal was the Sunday Morning talk circuit “Culture of Corruption”?

So yeah, I guess the media is truly and finally dead if four arrested Donks on serious charges and another Donk attorney general in PA lawyering up isn’t worth talking about this morning.

Wow! Still though. As always, thank you very much. ; )

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I’ve read some of your exchanges with Another Liberal. Have you figured out who he is yet?

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Echoes the rest. Thanks for the lineup again.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM

No. You? You’re better at that than me. ; )

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM

“Another Libertarian”

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 9:25 AM

No. You? You’re better at that than me. ; )

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM

E-mail me later.

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM

hawkdriver on March 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Lolz. I knew who you meant. ; ) Not sure if I will be around. If I am, I will.

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Noah watchers can worship Gaia this morning.

faraway on March 30, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Senator King on Fox tossing leftist BS.

birdwatcher on March 30, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Thanks Jailbones!

spring cleaning it is then. wash walls, scrub floors, vacuum.

yipee!!!!

renalin on March 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Pathetic.

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Same half who voted twice to have Barry as their POTUS i suppose. Same half who continuously prefer HC in high numbers over any of the delusional republican hopefuls correct?

The bubble in this place has gotta be the thickest ever.

i_am_liberal on March 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM

The bubble in this place has gotta be the thickest ever.

i_am_liberal on March 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Nah, you’re just not sharp enough to do anything.

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM

The bubble in this place has gotta be the thickest ever.

i_am_liberal on March 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Nah, you’re just not sharp enough to do anything.

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Thass some fine snark, sistah!

Pless1foEngrish on March 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Nah, you’re just not sharp enough to do anything.

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Somebody sounds skeered, don’t they? :-)

Flora Duh on March 30, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Pathetic.

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Home run.

I wait all week for the one honest assessment of Sunday morning TV blather.

Franklin100 on March 30, 2014 at 10:28 AM

jon1979 on March 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Well Fox has Karl Rove discussing to death Christie’s BridgeGate. It’s far more important, lol.

Fenris on March 30, 2014 at 10:49 AM

• John McCain – RINO (assert “whiny, delusional, RINO b1tch defense” here)

I love a little laugh in the morning. Thank you and definitely spot on.

Cindy Munford on March 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM

• Jay Inslee – liberal kook
Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Thank you for your summary of the Sunday morning shows, and thank you for your accurate assessment of Jay Inslee, who, unfortunately, is the governor of my state. I’d take Gregoire back over him, and that’s saying a lot. Bleah. :-(

theotherone on March 30, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 9:23 AM …thanks for the line-up Jaibones!….I have a ton of kitty-litters to change in the garage, for the wild kitties…it’s not freezing today!
If all the headquarters for the DNC media were to burn down to the ground one of these days…I couldn’t be happier!

KOOLAID2 on March 30, 2014 at 11:37 AM

crankyoldlady on March 30, 2014 at 8:16 AM

…the first thing I saw…before I could get to Jaibones list…and almost spit up my coffee!…I can just picture… Senile doing that!

KOOLAID2 on March 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I notice the Washington landslide is the picture on this piece, and I wonder if anyone else has noticed that while there have been some questions raised about how quickly the National Guard was brought in, the hasn’t been a peep of comment, much less criticism, about the role of governor Jay Inslee or president Obama. No questions about where they were or how soon they knew and what they did. And although it has come to light that a state study indicated that the potential for disaster was there in 2009, and state inspectors missed a logging incursion into the danger zone, nobody in the media has been asking for accountability.

Let’s see, who was gov in 2009… why it was two-term Governor Christine Gregoire, a Democrat like current governor Inslee. Ever notice how few scandals (and “gaffes”) there are when Democrats run things? It’s like they can do no wrong and never accidently say something stupid or insensitive. Gosh what kind, generous and wise masters Democrats are!

Ray Van Dune on March 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I love a little laugh in the morning. Thank you and definitely spot on.

Cindy Munford on March 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM

A little inside joke there. Tried a rational conversation last night toward defusing the RINO-Conservative death pact. Didn’t work, and one of The True Believers ended up accusing me (me!) of “defending McCain” … even though I had referred to him variously as a whiny b1tch, delusional, and an ultimate RINO, but not a liar!

Memo to self — never suggest McCain’s not a liar.

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Revelation Song – Kari Jobe

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Being a long term POW has certainly given Sen. McCain the no criticism card for a long long time but I think that it has expired.

Cindy Munford on March 30, 2014 at 12:51 PM

yipee!!!!

renalin on March 30, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Heh. I lingered at church instead. But would have happily spent the morning putting up garden fence in the mud.

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 12:52 PM

fresh air on March 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM

ruh roh, meant to preview, lol. Still trying to figure out this linking to video thing…

fresh air on March 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM

The best nugget from Rogers interview was that Russia is moving forces into South Ossetia in former Georgian territory. He felt they were likely to attach Georgia and move on to take Armenia to create a land route to Iran. I think it would be to cut the planned natural gas pipeline from Azerbaijan to Europe that would bypass Russia. This action would both preserve Russia’s natural gas revenue and its stranglehold over Europe’s energy supply. Smart move by Putin once again thinking about 8 moves ahead of the West.

KW64 on March 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM

The bubble in this place has gotta be the thickest ever.

i_am_liberal on March 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Actually, I don’t review the Propaganda Shows from a partisan perspective, but from ideology. You might have noticed the minor quirky detail where every guest is sort of rated on the kook-left-to-conservative-right continuum?

As for your electoral analysis, your “half” includes about 10% of the people who answer polls, claiming that they are conservative. Maybe that word does not mean what they think it means, or maybe there are a bunch of people (farmers, blue collar union workers, teachers) who are generally conservative, but vote Democrat out of some sense of economic self-interest.

I know lots of very conservative union members, for instance, who hate Republicans and rightly so — they are the beneficiaries of corrupt government run by city Democrats, like in Chicago. Their social connections rig elections and government contracts — sort of like the mob … actually just like the mob — and use taxpayer money to hire their friends and influence sectors of the voting public. The farmers are just as bad — conservative thinkers generally who nonetheless seem to rationalize the myriad Farm Bill programs which pay them to grow weeds or sell corn for ethanol, etc.

Yeah, these are not ethical conservatives from a philosophical perspective, but other than their economic self-interest, they largely fit into the conservative profile. They are not liberals.

Jaibones on March 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM

fresh air on March 30, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Here

Bmore on March 30, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Senator King is an independent, my ass. He is another liberal hack.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on March 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM