Endgame: Girl suspended from school for shaving head … in solidarity with classmate who has cancer

posted at 4:01 pm on March 25, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via the Blaze, I’m always weirdly impressed in stories like this one, or the ones where some kid gets suspended for biting his Pop Tart into the shape of a gun or whatever, by the sheer perseverance of the school administrators. Even if they’re such unholy hard-asses that they’d prefer to enforce the letter of the law against well-meaning naifs, you would think the looming PR disaster in doing so would warn them away from it. Simple self-interest in the Facebook age dictates that you don’t kick a five-year-old out of school for going “bang bang” with his breakfast pastry, even if you want to, and you certainly don’t bring down the hammer on a kid who’s trying to ease the suffering of a classmate who has cancer. Imagine you’re the principal, having just read this quote in the paper, and deciding that this head-shaving punk needs to sweat it out for awhile:

Kamryn decided to have a big makeover — shaving off all of her hair in solidarity with a friend who was starting chemotherapy to treat cancer.

“I was really excited I would have somebody to support me and I wouldn’t be alone with people always laughing at me. I would at least have somebody to go through it all,” says Delaney, who just began chemotherapy.

Game, set, match, right? Time to cave! Nope: Kamryn was forced to spend Monday on the playground instead of in class because school rules ban shaved heads in the name of “safety, uniformity, and a non-distracting environment for the school’s students.” Then, after a wholly predictable firestorm online yesterday, the school finally did cave (turns out there are exceptions to the dress code in “extraordinary circumstances”) and let her back in today. The school’s board of directors is meeting within the next hour or two to decide the important question of whether classroom decorum can survive having two bald girls in class instead of one. How will this completely unnecessary publicity trainwreck end? The suspense mounts, my friends.

What if, against all odds, the board upholds the suspension, forcing Kamryn to stay home until her hair grows back? I bet some extreme law-and-order types would appreciate that, albeit with misgivings about an unduly heavy sentence. Rules are rules, damn it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

And then the principal gets fired for promoting aggression, and carrying lunch money to be stolen.

NotCoach on March 25, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Great! That’s a win-win situation. :-)

Oldnuke on March 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM

First – Let me say that I haven’t read all the responses.

Secondly – WTF, seriously WTF

Finally – this is the end results of “Zero Tolerance” policies that schools have adopted all in the name of “fairness”. Damn them all!

D-fusit on March 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I would leave but would understand if I was fired. I thought the whole conservative argument was “if you don’t like a private company’s rules/BC-coverage/salaries you can quit or they can fire you”?

Federati on March 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Oh dear God, you really weren’t kidding.

Please explain what the legitimate “point of view and motivations” are that should mitigate our outrage.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I think Federati must be the principal.

22044 on March 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM

why is there a rule against shaved heads anyway? why are schools’ dress codes so strict in the first place? people are individuals, each having their own way of expressing themselves through appearance. sure there should be a dress code but not one that is so strict that it controls what kind of hairstyle someone is allowed to have, goodness.

Sachiko on March 25, 2014 at 4:52 PM

It’s fairly common for private schools to have dress codes, or even uniforms. I’m more or less ambivalent to the concept, but I think the idea is to get people used to the idea that when you are part of an institution, you may have to present yourself in a way that reflects the desires of the people in charge of that institution, be it an employer, or a team, or whatever.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Academia in a nutshell.

Raquel Pinkbullet on March 25, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Bingo!

BTW, great to read a post from you again.

ToddPA on March 25, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Federati on March 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Yup.
But this article is about school administrators who don’t have enough common snese to understand their own rules and when to apply an exception, s allowed for in their rules.

But since you’re a “rules are rules” kinda guy, I would expect you to follow your orders to the letter – and stay put.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:12 PM

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM

In that case, God help that school and the offal that is produced by such thinking.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Learn this lesson, girls: Your government hates you.

Deafdog on March 25, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Meanwhile, Massachusetts Department of Children and Families is preparing a Grab Team to bring this youngster into “protective custody” where the state can look properly look after her.

Roy Rogers on March 25, 2014 at 5:17 PM

I suppose you violate murder and pedophilia moral/legal laws on a daily basis then, because, after all, “rules are made to be broken.”
Federati on March 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Certainly you are not so stupid as to not be able to differentiate between laws and rules and between what is common sense and nonsense, right?

Let me answer that for you, no you are not. You are the quintessential product of the public education system, does as he’s told and never questions authority.

Neitherleftorright on March 25, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Safety and uniformity? If you want uniformity gave therm all wear uniforms. Safety, I just do not get it.

Techster64 on March 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Meant to add, if you spend part of your day at work/school/wherever, “in uniform”, and then change out of it when you are on your own, then the act of wearing the uniform itself gives you a tangible subliminal reminder that your actions represent not merely yourself, but the organization you are a part of.

Hmmm, I think I’m talking myself into actually agreeing with the “dress-code” idea – which does not in any way temper the absolute stupidity and pettyness of the school administration in this case.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Neitherleftorright on March 25, 2014 at 5:18 PM

“I was just following orders.”

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Mom and Dad should sue the school, claiming emotional distress of their daughter. Make the school district lawyer up, and don’t stop until the superintendent is foraging through dumpsters for his daily bread. It’s the only thing these dolts will understand.

If I were a lawyer, I’d happily take a case like that pro bono, just to see these “educators” suffer.

CurtZHP on March 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM

+Infinity.

This IS the only thing to use against these Dullards.
When you attack them (yes, that is what is needed) and
threaten their financial situation, you get results.
Damn quick, I might add.

ToddPA on March 25, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Federati on March 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Neitherleftorright on March 25, 2014 at 5:18 PM

He/she is scrambling, instead of just admitting he/she was wrong in the first place. Gotta be a prog.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Techster64 on March 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM

If you really want uniformity – shave ALL the kids’ heads – like the military does with new recruits first day of basic training.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Gotta be a prog.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Along with young naive ignorant slow sheltered narcissist.

cozmo on March 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. School is preparation for the real world, and in the real world, you often have to submit to the wishes of other people – a primary example is at a job. If I work somewhere, then while I am on the clock and in the store, interacting with customers, my actions and attitudes reflect on the company I work for. I am accepting a salary or wages from the company, in return for agreeing to submit to certain rules during part of their day, and to act according to their wishes (not absolutely, but within reason according to prior agreements).

At a school, the situation is different, because the student is not attending voluntarily, but this is because children aren’t given full autonomy – instead, they are expected to act in ways that prepare them for later in life.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM

blink on March 25, 2014 at 5:22 PM

They’re already back-tracking, the girl was in school today, and they’re having a special board meeting tonight to discuss it further.
Hopefully they will be discussing the termination of whoever made the initial decision to suspend this kid.

And I’d love to hear about all the other kids showing up shaved tomorrow.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:26 PM

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Oh, and misogynist.

cozmo on March 25, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Gotta be a prog.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Along with young naive ignorant slow sheltered narcissist.

cozmo on March 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Yeppers.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Rules are rules, damn it.

Except when you have a phone and a pen.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Which in this instance, is a horrible way to act.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Ridiculous.
How cooler and haired heads didn’t prevail from the start…

But as much as folks will try to make this about more than it is, it’s one idiot school staff doing one idiotic thing.
It’s not an epidemic or an agenda.
Solidarity shaves are not in jeopardy across America.

‘via The Blaze’…yea.
They must get cramps searching for bits like this to dress up and sell as further examples of ‘the end of freedom!!’

Here’s hoping that Delaney gets well fast, and that she and her awesome pal get to tell this story at high school graduation and beyond.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Between the incinerated babies and the dear little bald girl getting suspended, it’s been a bang-up week here.

Good point about the diversity angle- isn’t that what the Libs are constantly pushing for? And if this is about distraction, how is having a little bald girl running around the playground all day going to keep kids focused on class work??

Honestly, there are days homeschooling is really hard but then I read a story like this and I just know I owe it to my kids. There’s just no other way.

ImmigrantsWife on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Try to understand that the person that makes the rules has the power to amend the rules. They had no good reason for not amending the rules for her – even if it required (which I doubt) an emergency school board conference call meeting in order to get a quorum for the amendment – if that’s what was required. It certainly would have saved them all much embarrassment.

blink on March 25, 2014 at 5:26 PM

It’s already been mentioned, but the school’s dress code already allows for exceptions.
Any administrator who actually knew the rules (entirely), and capable of using common sense would have immdeiately invoked an exception in this case – but apparently that’s asking too much of school bureaucrats these days.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM

I meant to add yet another disclaimer that the “zero-tolerance policy” being exercised here is utterly indefensible, and I am not trying to defend it in the slightest, and am only responding to Sachiko’s and avagreen’s comment.

I do not mean to detract in any way from the sh$t-storm of anger these vicious idiots are rightly being showered with.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Petty bureaucrats enforcing their will because……they can. Welcome to the USSA.

DFCtomm on March 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Which in this instance, is a horrible way to act.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Let me make you aware that I’m not critiquing the children, but the manner in which they are being trained to present yourself in a way that reflects the desires of the people in charge of that institution.

I was taught during an era when I was encouraged to think for myself. Rare,these days, unless one wants to rebel against the Christian establishment, it seems. That’s OK, it seems.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM

ImmigrantsWife on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Please do tell…
what do ‘libs’ have to do with dress codes, or the idiotic application of such?
By all means, tell me how you’re able to exploit all of this for a political agenda & angle?

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:35 PM

All she would have had to say is that she is Muslim or Gay and that is why she shaved her head, nobody would suspend her then.

Sven on March 25, 2014 at 5:35 PM

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Public schools down here in FL justify dress codes this way: elimination of gang colors and identification, elimination of sexually provocative or distracting / indecent exposure, elimination of excessively baggy clothing that allows hidden weapons (the safety part)

No school that I know of bans bald heads, but we are down south, not in the bastion of liberal stupidity.

The girls learned a lesson all right, two new conservatives have been minted.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 5:35 PM

It’s not an epidemic or an agenda.
Solidarity shaves are not in jeopardy across America.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Actually it IS an epidemic – all across the country we have an epidemic of non-thinking government / school bureaucrats who are making idiotic decisions every day regarding “zero tolerance” policies of all kinds – and ruining kids lives in the process.

Read the news – this kind of idiotic stuff is happening all the time.
Go read the article RINO posted from Norfolk about the girl who got suspended for stopping another kid from killing himself.
It IS an epidemic – of stupidity.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM

The girls learned a lesson all right, two new conservatives have been minted.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Good thought!

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM

It’s pretty clear that bonehead libs (I know I repeat myself) have “Zero” Tolerance. I don’t know how anybody could tolerate that empty suit, dirtbag, SCOAMF Zero.

NOMOBO on March 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Oh, I almost forgot, excessive “bling” and designer clothes are banned to stop the “fashion war” and make poor kids who can’t afford the expensive clothes feel bad.

^The liberal part.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM

It IS an epidemic – of stupidity.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I think verbaluce graduated with a degree in “Stupidity”.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM

When liberals can’t handle parents, they beat up on kids.

Hope. Change. Forward!

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 5:42 PM

It IS an epidemic – of stupidity.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I’m not sure of that. I think the will to power plays a large role as well.

DFCtomm on March 25, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Federati on March 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Befehl ist befehl.

Yeah, because taking someone else’s life or innocence by force is exactly like shaving your own head.

/Do I need this?

S. D. on March 25, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I’m not sure of that. I think the will to power plays a large role as well.

DFCtomm on March 25, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Can’t disagree with that.
But I think any implementation of zero tolerance is a sign of stupidity – somewhere in the process – people who don’t want to make decisions, or don’t want others to make decisions, with any application of common sense.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I foresee a long career for the school’s administrators…in the TSA. Federati too!

22044 on March 25, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I call it the “double-down phenomena.” Every authoritarian idiot who screws up or goes too far just doubles down now. Why? Because the capacity for apology is slowly being stripped from our consciousness and society. The social and professional risks people feel by admitting an error, the insecurity and fear that saturates our society is astounding. People feel there is a greater chance for career survival in powering through a mistake now matter how stupidly they’ve behaved (based on the examples set by our moral superiors in government and the media who have actual power and constantly win with lies and repetitive brute force) than by backtracking and acting like a human being. This is a society that values power above all. And it is the natural result of Progressivism, which always claims to be liberal and compassionate and humane but in fact worships only power and victory and has contempt for humility.

rrpjr on March 25, 2014 at 5:49 PM

It’s not an epidemic or an agenda.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

+1. Just like the idiots who shoot up schools and political rallies ever few years or so.

It’s not an epidemic though, right verbaluce?

rogerb on March 25, 2014 at 5:49 PM

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:08 PM

i went to a school with uniforms one year, it was so dumb. what’s the point of uniforms? they just make everyone look boring. the next year, at a different school, i was amazed by how many colors students wore and how they changed colors every day. no, i’m serious, it’s a weird thing to see people’s colors change from day to day, when you’re used to looking at everyone in a uniform…

anyway i do think there should be dress codes but only if they actually make sense. example: banning clothes that are too sexually revealing. every school does that. i think when you get into “well a girl’s hair shouldn’t be too short because it looks abnormal and could distract people” that’s just silly. even if the girl did it for fashion and not to support someone with cancer, i think it should be allowed- it’s just a hairstyle and people need to accept it.

Sachiko on March 25, 2014 at 5:50 PM

It IS an epidemic – of stupidity.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM

But it isn’t – any more that it was an epidemic of witches in Salem.
How many sympathy shave kids have been sent home? There’s this one…and then…um…wait, when else has this ever happened?
Oh right…never. And the action by the school staff here received support and encouragements from…oh right, nobody.
The hysteria lies with the reactionaries who spin these random and isolated incidents into some grand meaning and conspiracy…some scary liberal agenda.
I wouldn’t say educator bashing has reached a fever pitch yet, but not for a lack of trying by some.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Well put.

rogerb on March 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM

That’s why we require them to go to a graduate College of Education before they can work in a public school: No normal person is this stupid, they have to be specially trained to be that way.

Socratease on March 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Ding, ding, ding!

And this is why so many liberals believe in catastrophic global warming and why common core is a problem. The “educational system” is teaching mindless regurgitation of that which is politically correct and eliminating the ability use reason and logic.

talkingpoints on March 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Which in this instance, is a horrible way to act.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

It’s horrible to follow the dress code of an employer? Because that’s the kind of life situation that many people will find themselves in – and though they do not have to work for any particular employer, if they haven’t learned the discipline to follow a dress-code, then their employment opportunities will be significantly limited.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I seem to vaguely recall that shaved heads might have been banned at the Catholic school I went to, but in any case, it seems like any dress code is going to be somewhat arbitrary.

I really think the near-criminal stupidity here lies not with the dress code itself, but in the refusal to make an exception for a standard expression of solidarity with a cancer patient.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 5:56 PM

rrpjr on March 25, 2014 at 5:49 PM

you described things very accurately. it’s sad.

and i think the best example of this mindset is obama. he does whatever he wants, however he wants. he doesn’t care about rules. he’ll make up any lie excuse he can to justify his actions, even though he knows what he’s doing is wrong. he knows!! he just doesn’t care.

Sachiko on March 25, 2014 at 5:56 PM

More indications educators are incapable of intelligent decisions.

TerryW on March 25, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I think verbaluce graduated with a degree in “Stupidity”.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM

No, but whatever it was, it’s rendered him unemployable to the point that he has to make his living going on conservative blog sites to continually make a fool of himself. I keep wondering when his desire (if any) for dignity and self-respect will compel him to find other ways to spend his time.

I can’t imagine he’s doing this because he likes it. What would that say about him as a person?

CurtZHP on March 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I think verbaluce graduated with a degree in “Stupidity”.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Is that what you were taught?
Accept fully and without question the conclusions of your ideological masters…or you’ll be ‘stupid’?
How ‘smart’ of you to be a good and willing sheep here.

Just when did conservatives become so obedient?
I’m sometimes asked why I am not one…this is why.
And it’s why ‘conservatives’ call me a liberal.
‘Why gee…there’s no other explanation for it!’
Ha.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM

It IS an epidemic – of stupidity.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:37 PM

But it isn’t – any more that it was an epidemic of witches in Salem.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Oh, wait, what about the kid that got sent home for the gun-shaped pop tart? The kid that got expelled because they found his father’s fishing knife in his car? The girl in Florida that was kicked out because of her afro? Do you really want us to put them all on here? There are probably as many instances of inappropriately stupid educational administrative action as there are terrorist attacks listed on the web site for Religion of Peace.

It’s not a conspiracy. It’s political correctness run amok.

talkingpoints on March 25, 2014 at 5:59 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM

This isn’t just about one kid with a shaved head. This is about school adminstrators who don’t have the brains or guts to use common sense when considering suspending or expelling kids based on any type of “zero tolerance” policy. And that IS an epidemic across the country. Read the news sometime.
Something like this happens somewhere in this country just about every day. Today is was a shaved head, recently it has been kids with NRA t-shirts, kids with US flag shirts, a kid with a butter knife in the trunk of Dad’s car, a certified EMT HS kid with an EMT tool with a knife blade in his car, a kid who stopped another kid from killing himself with a razor blade – suspended because she had possession of the blade for a few seconds when she grabbed it away from the suicidal kid.
This stupidity is dam-near EVERY day! THAT is an epidemic.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Yes, my solution was IF the administrator didn’t already have the authority. It wasn’t stated who had the power to grant an “extraordinary exemption.”

blink on March 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM

They didn’t think to offer an exception because they’re idiots.
This isn’t that complicated.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:03 PM

It’s not an epidemic or an agenda.
verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

You don’t get out much, do you?

Or see the news?

Solaratov on March 25, 2014 at 6:05 PM

But it isn’t – any more that it was an epidemic of witches in Salem.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM

No one’s claiming there is an epidemic of this exact situation, you dishonest tool – they are saying there is an epidemic of “zero tolerance”-stupidity. Just last week “zero tolerance” was invoked to punish someone for saving a suicidal student’s life. Every week we hear about another extremely egregious example, and even if those were the only ones, that would still be much more than just “this one”.

But of course, the examples reported are only the worst examples, and only the ones where people have complained loudly enough, and they reflect not simply the actions of random individuals, but of people who have been given a tremendous amount of power. A single school administrator has the ability to substantially harm the academic prospects of hundreds or even thousands of students. A suspension significantly affects your ability to get a good education later in life.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 6:06 PM

They didn’t think to offer an exception because they’re idiots.
This isn’t that complicated.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Which is exactly what I’ve been saying – and’ve been arguing against.
So why are you defending their stupidity?

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:06 PM

F’in prog public school officials.

This is the Dems ‘War on Women’ & Girls you don’t hear about.

KirknBurker on March 25, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I’m a little surprised they didn’t suspend the girl with cancer too. How do they know a little fuzz wasn’t coming in and she was secretly shaving her head too?

Fenris on March 25, 2014 at 6:08 PM

And everyone remembers the (D)s telling the nation to calm down when Trayvon was shot because it wasn’t an epidemic, right?

rogerb on March 25, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Is that what you were taught?
How ‘smart’ of you to be a good and willing sheep here.

Just when did conservatives become so obedient?
I’m sometimes asked why I am not one…this is why.
And it’s why ‘conservatives’ call me a liberal.
‘Why gee…there’s no other explanation for it!’
Ha.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM

The irony is strong with this one.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 6:11 PM

This stupidity is dam-near EVERY day! THAT is an epidemic.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Again, no.
How many schools are there? How many students? How many teachers? How many administrators?
The right is on a schools and teacher bashing quest – so you are hearing a lot about these infrequent anomalies…via The Blaze…or Breitbart…or HA…or Malkin.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Is that what you were taught?
How ‘smart’ of you to be a good and willing sheep here.

Just when did conservatives become so obedient?
I’m sometimes asked why I am not one…this is why.
And it’s why ‘conservatives’ call me a liberal.
‘Why gee…there’s no other explanation for it!’
Ha.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Damn straight. These conservatives and their advocacy of blind obedience to rules… why can’t they be more progressive and open-minded about “zero tolerance” policies?

You really are a cartoon.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

The irony is strong with this one.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Well the irony has always been strong when it comes to current generic conservative complaints.
Remember when they railed against ‘a culture of victimhood’?
But that was before they constantly viewed and presented themselves as victims.
That mentality fuels the spin on the story here.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:19 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

And gun owners, right verbaluce?

rogerb on March 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM

You really are a cartoon.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

What’s a cartoon is you thinking this incident is due to ‘zero tolerance policies’.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Are you that stupid? (rhetorical question)
These stories are on CNN, FoxNews, and various national level and local affiliates of ABC, NBC, CBS, and numerous newspaper web sites across the country.
Maybe you should learn how to use google or bing.
But then that would give you alternatives to what OFA tells you, and I’m sure they wouldn’t want you to start questioning their authoritah.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Again, no.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

No, we are on a “zero tolerance” bashing quest. This is not simply an example of some individual being stupid. The phrase “zero tolerance” means precisely this – no exceptions, period. This is an example where it is built into the policy itself. And this is not an isolated instance – zero tolerance policies of various types exist in more than 75% of schools.

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Verb, you don’t have to do this to yourself. Flipping burgers is good honest work.

CurtZHP on March 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM

That is the definition of a zero tolerance policy. What part of “zero” do you not understand? What do you think “zero tolerance” is supposed to mean?

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 6:26 PM

ThatThis incident is the definition of a zero tolerance policy

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 6:27 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:14
How about yahoo news?
PM

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:28 PM

RINO in Name Only on March 25, 2014 at 6:25 PM

You know, you should read more about this incident before commenting further.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Is that what you were taught?
How ‘smart’ of you to be a good and willing sheep here.

Just when did conservatives become so obedient?
I’m sometimes asked why I am not one…this is why.
And it’s why ‘conservatives’ call me a liberal.
‘Why gee…there’s no other explanation for it!’
Ha.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Forgive me, but WTF are you talking about? I think your an idiot. Your comments have led me, no, compelled me, to come to that conclusion. I stated the conclusion. I have no master but God. I make no conclusion about a person, I let them tell me who they are.

Your and idiot. Prove me wrong.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:14

How about HuffPo?

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Emerson had these folks pegged way back when…

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.

Little minds, indeed!

taznar on March 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Who the phuck comes up with these IDIOTIC rules and regulations?
Who among us is so stupid to even CONSIDER their implementation?
Who with an IQ above a fern would even ENFORCE such menacing regulations?

People you have to get involved. You have to attend the School Board Meetings. When you witness implementation of such idiocy you have to speak up. You have to vituperate them in close proximity. You have to make them feel the scrutiny their moronic rules and regulations are going to get every day, every time, And ALWAYS. And take them to the proverbial woodshed for a little EDUCATION.

Zero Tolerance is for ZEROS … just like the mandatory drug sentencing laws written for a few jerk judges who don’t care to UNDERSTAND their JOB.

Missilengr on March 25, 2014 at 6:32 PM

This is just in a word “sad”..The school has to back down on this or lose all creditability..:)

Dire Straits on March 25, 2014 at 6:32 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:14

More HuffPo, as well as WFTV, KTNV, Yahoo, WOKV, and a bunch more.

Try to learn how to use google or bing.
You might learn something beyond your daily OFA feeds.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Are you MJBrutus’ sockpuppet? Because you write exactly like him/her/it does.

snotty obfuscation.

kingsjester on March 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Give them heck captnjoe..:)

Dire Straits on March 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:24 PM

You know more of OFA than I do.
If you need to tell yourself you’re speaking with them, fine.
Of course, it’s somewhat ironic that you hit me back with a generic ‘you are OFA’ talking point.
(It used to be ‘you’re paid by Soros!’ – but that seems to be such a 2012 line.)
If you want to know the real truth – the real real truth – I’m just telling what I think about all this.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:34 PM

LOL, another day and verbalduece making a complete and utter fool of itself, once again.

Just a side effect of having no moral compass. Always on the wrong side of the issue.

How many strawmen died today in the dueces dishonest attempt to blame this on “right?

HumpBot Salvation on March 25, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but shaved heads lessen the chance of spreading lice amongst the students, so it’s funny that they would be banned in the name of “safety.”

Cheshire_Kat on March 25, 2014 at 6:37 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

You’re an idiot.

But then, you’re a leftist.

Solaratov on March 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:34 PM

You wouldn’t know the truth if it smacked you in the face.
You’re nothing but a mindless OFA troll who clearly can’t even use basic web search tools.
You’re the epitomy of the morons who are ruining this country.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Go to school board meetings. Run for those offices. Take back control. The inmates are in charge of the asylum. In the endgame Karma isn’t going to favor those who created and enforced these kinds of rules. May they learn that lesson soon.

canditaylor68 on March 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Are you MJBrutus’ sockpuppet? Because you write exactly like him/her/it does.

kingsjester on March 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Unlikely…unless I’m prone to giving myself a hard time.
Or maybe that is just to trick you all.
(maniacal laugh, maniacal laugh)

So you think we all write alike?
Hmph.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

You’re nothing but a mindless OFA troll

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM

facepalm.
Oh well.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:42 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Proof?

canditaylor68 on March 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM

To quote the stagecoach driver
“From back here, they all look alike.”

kingsjester on March 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM

facepalm.
Oh well.

verbaluce on March 25, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I’m not surprised.
You’re clearly too stupid to understand just how stupid you really are.

dentarthurdent on March 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM

snotty obfuscation.

kingsjester on March 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM

You nailed it. That is a strong contributing factor in my determination of idiot vs: ignorant. Ignorant is simply a lack of knowledge. Idiot… well, we have a living definition in verby.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 6:54 PM