“Walking Dead” grumble thread: The Terminus people are cannibals, right?

posted at 8:01 pm on March 24, 2014 by Allahpundit

True story: The only readers who e-mailed or tweeted at me during my vacation were people who wanted to know where the grumble thread was. That’s exactly how Michelle planned Hot Air eight years ago, you know. As a zombie fan blog.

This is the only TV show I watch where I have trouble remembering what happened five minutes after the show’s over. My memories are all impressionistic. The new girl was stuck in the tunnel with Glenn; Daryl was chatting sullenly with the redneck-in-chief; then Maggie was there and it was time for the weekly “where should we go now?” conversation. And then, finally, they were at Terminus. The cannibal theory has to be right, no? The dark double meaning of the final line — “we’ll make you a plate” — was lost on me at first but I think the Daily Beast’s got it right. Now the name “Terminus” makes sense; it’s the end of the line, literally and figuratively. All that’s missing is Mary the caretaker walking around with a copy of “To Serve Man” under her arm. (It’s … it’s a cookbook.) A cannibalism subplot does, at least, have the virtue of realism within the parameters of the show: After many months of civilization breaking down, a hungry population would be faced with some hard choices. My prediction for the hair-raising revelation in next week’s season finale (a la Sophia emerging from the barn as a zombie in season two) is that the main course served to the new arrivals at Terminus will consist of the now-missing Beth. Then, inevitably, there’ll be a big shootout between Rick’s gang and the rednecks in which Daryl’s loyalty will be tested before he heroically sides with his old crew. We’re also long overdue for a major character to be bumped off. My money’s on either Glenn or Maggie — or both, since the writers seem infatuated with this boring love story — but Rick is my sleeper pick in the Elite Eight. Between Daryl, Tyrese, and Abraham Ford, the show doesn’t need him as the strong male lead anymore. Cut the cord.

As for last week’s episode, in which the bad seed Lizzie showed us just how bad she was, a buddy sent me this the next day:

I liked the basic story, and Carol has long been my favorite member of the show. Unlike Rick’s perpetual Hamlet schtick, Carol has changed. And last night was interesting because they have set these girls up as akin to Sophia, and Carol still killed the older girl. Finally, some character development.

Still, the execution was just terrible. The older girl won’t kill zombies, but she’ll slit the throat of her younger sister? Makes no sense. And Carol and Tyrese (who, in the comic btw, were an item) are out talking languidly about staying forever while leaving those two girls to watch over themselves and Judith? Come on. Status quo ante holds: the survivors of the Zombiepocalypse remain hopelessly stoooopid.

Yeah, if you knew Lizzie was nuts, why would you leave her to supervise the younger children? I didn’t like the “Of Mice and Men” knock-off ending either. It would have been more haunting for Carol and Tyrese to sneak away, leaving Lizzie behind to meet her fate playing tag with the zombies whom she’s convinced are her friends. Also, while I’m glad the writers are thinking about what the zompocalypse would do to an impressionable mind in its formative years, it’s a cop out to put that off on a tangential character. They’ve got Carl, someone whom the audience cares about. If you want to hit your viewers where they live, make him the budding psychopath whom the group somehow has to manage or kill. If nothing else, it’d make for some awesome angsty Rick monologues. “He’s just a boy, damn it. He hasn’t even learned about Stuff yet. Or Things.”

Comments

…let the man take a vacation! geeeeeeeeez!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Grumble, grumble grumble!

Lanceman on March 24, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Pretty obvious that Terminus is filled with cannibals. You think differently?

Mahdi on March 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM

DEFINITELY cannibals. Remains to be seen who has to be the ‘meal’ before reality rears its ugly head to the rest.

vnvet on March 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM

It beats the Catholic grumble thread.

HellCat on March 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I still think it’s going to be Glenn. But Rick is definitely a possibility.

I love them both so I’ll be sad if it’s either, but talk about a change!

And terminus probably is full of cannibals. Because why not?

mjk on March 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Perhaps you’d like the Governor to come back to life somehow.

Lanceman on March 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Starting to remind me of Days Of Our Lives with zombies added.

sharrukin on March 24, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Look at the flowers, Lizzie. Look at the flowers.

John the Libertarian on March 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I’m sorry that is a true story. Really.

And if Michelle planned HA as a zombie fan blog then she is even more visionary than we knew. In 2006, it was all about wizards, werewolfs, and vampires. Zombies were not cool then.

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM

If a Zombiepocalypse truly did happen, very few of these survivors would truly survive.

Random Terminus place saying welcome all…should we camp out on the edge, watching from a far, then maybe sending just a single well armed individual in to check it out? NAHHH, lets just all walk in and lower our weapons.

Zombies all over the dang place, should one of us stay with the baby? NAHHH, lets leave the little girls to watch the baby like it’s an episode of the Babysitter’s Club.

And those are just 2 of the roughly 6-7 mind blowing dumb mistakes that occurred in just last night’s episode. Why do I watch this show again?!?

nextgen_repub on March 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Goooo WALKERS!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM

The flowers! Lizzie! Look at them!

John the Libertarian on March 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Beth ain’t dinner and Daryl will not be torn as to what side to take.

I would have been much more interested for you to grumble last week but I respect a vacation.

Cannibals? Okay, I seem to remember that being done already, somewhere. It will be an epic battle to escape. And do they set up a way to warn future entrees?

cozmo on March 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Why do I watch this show again?!?

nextgen_repub on March 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Because anything else is pro-gay, pro-democrat and anti-traditional man.

Lanceman on March 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM

And I was thinking: how stupid would Maggie have to be to go through the tunnel?!

John the Libertarian on March 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Starting to remind me of Days Of Our Lives with zombies added.

sharrukin on March 24, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Which is why I’m rooting for the walkers. Any episode now Carl is going to scream “I hate you” and storm off to his room because Rick doesn’t allow him to go to the prom with his zombie girlfriend.

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Glad to see your cat let you out of your bedroom, AP.

I keed, I keed.

rbj on March 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Question was the front gate to terminus locked ?

CW on March 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

But you gotta admit it was cool when the zombie’s head exploded after falling off the tower.

John the Libertarian on March 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

vnvet on March 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I’m going with Glen. Something has to happen with the only happy couple left in Georgia.

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

And I’ll bet Allah was happy to hear Joe say he was a cat person.

Lanceman on March 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Question was the front gate to terminus locked ?

CW on March 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Question was the front gate to terminus locked ?

CW on March 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Just a chain to keep the walkers out.

John the Libertarian on March 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM

From the Husband: Glenn and Maggie are back together. All is bliss.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

And I’ll bet Allah was happy to hear Joe say he was a cat person.

Lanceman on March 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

But is Allah an inside cat or an outside cat?

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Love the show. Love it. Yeah, gotta overlook some stuff they for TV (like walking down a road talking in normal voices), but overall great stuff.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is… err… a dang commie!

WitchDoctor on March 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

This is Allah’s Monday Reflections thread such as Ed’s Sunday Reflections thread

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 8:36 PM

But is Allah an inside cat or an outside cat?

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

You kidding? He lives in NY. They’d be a Korean’s dinner if he left them out.

Lanceman on March 24, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Rick is my sleeper pick in the Elite Eight.

Oh please no! If we viewers are left with Carl having to deal with the loss.

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:39 PM

You kidding? He lives in NY. They’d be a Korean’s dinner if he left them out.

Lanceman on March 24, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Well then, does Allah know he’s an inside cat? ;0

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Then need some male writers who are definitely NOT in touch with their feminine side to bring some logic and rational mayhem to the show.

sharrukin on March 24, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Seems the way the chain was on the gate walkers easily could have entered. Just sayin.

CW on March 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I liked when Maggie explained that while going through the tunnel they were attacked by a horde of zombies so her reaction was to empty her clip in to the ceiling to see what would happen. While that was a stupid thing to do, it also would not cause a collapse a train tunnel. Two ridiculous things in one.

philoquin on March 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM

At the end, Tasha Yar is serving Beth Burgers.

Oh yeah, Maggie is so totally gonna get it.

That Polaroid was foreshadowing.

sentinelrules on March 24, 2014 at 8:49 PM

sharrukin on March 24, 2014 at 8:41 PM

The reality is that any groups left after society being over-run by zombies would be closer to Daryl’s current chums than Rick’s crew.

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:50 PM

I thought it was fate that AP missed the one week where all of the bad child actors were killed (except Carl).

HellCat on March 24, 2014 at 8:53 PM

CW on March 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I had the same thought.

And BTW, you would think that there would be more caution about actually entering Terminus given past history of things not being what they seem.

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Oh yeah, Maggie is so totally gonna get it.

That Polaroid was foreshadowing.

sentinelrules on March 24, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Good. Can’t stand an English broad doing redneck. Wouldn’t mind seeing Beth get it too. I’d trade them for Amy & Andrea.

Lanceman on March 24, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Why do you not have to close gates behind you at Terminus? Do the Walkers just know to stay out?

mankai on March 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Happy Nomad on March 24, 2014 at 8:50 PM

If nothing else, they wouldn’t be a sentimental crew after killing zombies for a few weeks.

sharrukin on March 24, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Yeah, they’re cannibals.

The next storyline in the comic is about cannibals, but the following storylines are about these Mad Max type fortresses, so I think we’re about to see a combination.

Terminus was the original name for Atlanta, as it was the meeting point for trains, IIRC.

Terminus is also a Roman god of boundaries, who required annual sacrificial victims.

IMO, they blended all three and this is the bad outpost of the current comic. So after escaping, someone will make it to the good outpost. Which has a tiger.

I see zero logic in cannibalism during a zombpocalypse. Survivors would develop a natural aversion to all meat because our bodies would reject digesting it as defense mechanism, like swallowing poison. It would be the largest conversion to veganism, ever, since plantlife is abundant.

But the whole idea seems to stem from things that happened during the middle ages, when a famine brought apocalyptic-type existences onto Europe. The Age of Enlightenment was born out of this, which is where ‘Dead seems to be heading.

budfox on March 24, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Well damn, next time you go on vacation I’m going to bother the heck out of you and I don’t care a thing about the Walking Dead. I’m going to become pen pal. Whatcha doing?

Cindy Munford on March 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Welcome back AP, hope you enjoyed your time off.

It’s kind of difficult to begrudge Rick’s surly demeanor while he still thinks his baby was eaten out of her car seat by the Z’. If he doesn’t get a better outlook on life when they are reunited, then the anguished hero forced into action routine would be wearing thin.

Carol is forgiven, and dragging Rick’s baby back to him, so she’s back in the family so her and Daryl can finally attend the prom.

Ford is going to be around for about 1 1/2 seasons. That’s the average for cast members who have done other successful projects. Probably get killed when he goes postal once he finds out mullet head has been lying about what he knows.

Hog Wild on March 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM

ZOMBIES VS. CANNIBALS

The world’s only reliable news

kcewa on March 24, 2014 at 9:00 PM

So a month ago we meet Sgt. Abraham Ford and the scientist who can save the world but for some reason the last few episodes have been about a teenage girl who wants a first drink of alcohol, two little children of no interest,Daryl’s abusive childhood and everyone else just aimlessly wandering around.

And next week is the season finale…?
That had better be one hell of an episode.

NeoKong on March 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM

And do they set up a way to warn future entrees?

cozmo on March 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM

If they follow the comic, Rick and company go “medieval on their asses”.

Adapted for the show, Rick should end up like The Governor.

I think Carol is the meal.

budfox on March 24, 2014 at 9:04 PM

More evidence that a grumble thread is all it will ever be.

After countless weeks of grumbling about how nothing ever happens on the show, and that none of the characters are every in mortal danger, we have child-on-child murder between two named recurring characters, and Carol murdering the second of the two girls she intended to use as absolution for losing her own daughter, and the best we get is, meh, it could have been a better child.

So far we have people shooting each other to act as zombie bait, shooting their best friend, getting into tank battles over fortification, beating each other to death over obtuse moral codes, murdering mentally unstable children, murdering intruders to turn them into zombie-traps, thinly-veiled cannibalism, and God knows what else, and yet somehow, nothing of consequence ever happens on the show and nobody ever suffers from moral dilemmas.

NeoKong on March 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Judging from Eugene’s behavior and mannerisms, I wonder just how certain you are of his claim. Every time he opens his mouth I grow more skeptical.

The Schaef on March 24, 2014 at 9:05 PM

WTF!!!!!!! Spoilers on the headlines?!

El_Terrible on March 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM

If Terminus ends up being filled with cannibals, I’m just gonna watch “The Road” every Sunday night over and over again until this soap opera is over. That, or switch over to “Ax Men”.

I like the Hyundai commercials as much as the show …

Main character: “Listen up if you want to survive. I’ve killed over 300 zombies, I live off the land, and I know how to fight.” (the German butcher from “Hell on Wheels”).

Secondary character: “Yeah, but you’ve got one of those.” … camera pans over to a Hyundai decked out with a .50 cal, satellite dish, spikes on the wheel rims, etc.

Main character: “Yeah, but you’ve got a stick. A really sharp stick.”

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa !!!!

Ruckus_Tom on March 24, 2014 at 9:06 PM

All I know is not to watch the show then go straight to bed with no recovery time. Had a dream where I was in the walking dead time and came across something it was either a bus or building that was filled of walkers banging on the window when we approached. They could not get out no matter how hard the hit the window. The group wanted to wait to see how long it took for the walkers to give up banging on the door and move on to just walking around without purpose. So everyone froze and did not move. But I woke up before I found out and not in a started wake-up from a nightmare.

I would really like to know that part of the show if they will introduce that. Can one really hid from a walker when they break though a door and in a frenzy. What would a walker do if after they get though the door and there is nothing there to simulate them. Would they start to smash the door they just came though or just go back to walking once. When they shown Glenn back at the prison after the attack there where walkers trying to get to him, how long would they continue to try to get to someone that was not even moving. How would they react if that person then died and came back would the walkers still try to get to the simulation.

They said on the Talking dead the walker eyes can only see light and movement but how good is their smell and do they now sense heat. If a walker came across a human that was killed would they start to eat him even if he was cold and not turned.

tjexcite on March 24, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Terminus El Dorado – Ted Nugent

Another great (non RINO) conservative comments on Terminus

kcewa on March 24, 2014 at 9:11 PM

What would the walkers do when they got to the flashlight and there was nothing else there. They could have miles left to go before the tunnel ended and then have to do it in the dark. They should have had a real torch to light their way and not just a flash light. How long would it take for a flaming walker to fall apart. They had one of the first walkers that was nothing but a spine, which the flash light went though for affect.

tjexcite on March 24, 2014 at 9:18 PM

That’s right baby- Hotair belongs to TWD obsessed. Claimed…

dgeis on March 24, 2014 at 9:55 PM

After 58 episodes, Lost Girl finally gets to….Zombies.
Y’all on the east coast can catch it on SyFi at 10:00.

Tip on dealing with Zombies….bring a Wolf-shifter, a Succubus and 2 Valkyries.

To ease your WD grumbles, something to release the tension :

Red Dress

MichaelGabriel on March 24, 2014 at 9:57 PM

After the Mika’s foot caught in the barbed wire fence incident, Lizzy shot a bunch of walkers. So, maybe, they erroneously thought she had seen the light.

And as far as Lizzie being nuts, I can see you, allahpundit, keeping a walker around for shites and giggles.

Blake on March 24, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Who is dumb enough to walk past a series of gates with chains and locks at the ready????

faraway on March 24, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Cannibals could never happen. No way.

Two UK hospitals incinerated the remains of dead babies for heat

faraway on March 24, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Over at Ace’s it’s the Ewoking Dead

John the Libertarian on March 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Starting to remind me of Days Of Our Lives with zombies added.

sharrukin on March 24, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Just starting? It was pretty soapy when Rick’s wife thought Rick was dead and slept with Shane, back in episode 2 or 3.

Johnny 100 Pesos on March 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Of course it doesn’t make sense. She was crazy, lol.

With next week being the season finale, don’t expect many answers. Sure, we’ll learn that terminus is filled with cannibals, and someone is going to be dinner. But then the show will end and we’ll have to wait until next year to find out what they do about it.

xblade on March 24, 2014 at 10:35 PM

No, no, no — think cliffhanger. The show will be about Rick, and only in the last scene will we discover the rest are tied up and being covered in butter.

John the Libertarian on March 24, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I’m still having a hard time believing they’re going to go with the cannibalism storyline. It’s still a major taboo subject.

Kirkman was able to do it in the commic, but you have a lot more leeway in a black & white comic than you do on a major TV production. Other than one notorious Married with Children episode, I can’t think of any program that’s included cannibalism themes.

Also–Glen is the new Lori. He deserves to get killed off, but I know he won’t. If they are going with the Hunters storyline at terminus, I’m betting Tara bites it next week.

PetecminMd on March 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Can they please kill Glen and Maggie .

gxbhkt on March 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

I don’t consider this second part a season. And if you count the first part, a lot of major characters bit the dust. So, I think only the bad guys will get bar-b-qued by Mary. :)

Blake on March 25, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Two UK hospitals incinerated the remains of dead babies for heat

faraway on March 24, 2014 at 10:09 PM

It’s probably these dudes that run Terminus.

claudius on March 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Except in the South where the half life for an Zombie outbreak in 10.4 secs. 5.6 secs if you are also equipped with a side arm to your main weapon.

Oil Can on March 25, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Tara will likely be around for a few more episodes. Her disillusionment evident in the disdain towards Abe Ford’s militaristic demeanor has run its course for this former cop wannabe. However, she has yet to reveal her sexual preference to the prison’s remaining diaspora, allowing someone to take exception and set up a proper teachable moment — maybe one of Joe’s merry band of bikers will attempt to rape her straight. It’s surprising the 1%er patch hasn’t already made an appearance on a vest.

After TWD’s past feigns about its characters’ fates, Maggie’s burning of her own photo, so close to this season’s finale, seems too pat. The show skipped over Lori’s pregnancy by jumping ahead one winter starting last season in the prison, which leaves Maggie the future opportunity to endure a miscarriage.

The signs do not bode well for Sasha, who ties Rick in number of close attachments.

derit on March 25, 2014 at 1:06 AM

They should have just called the place “Cannabis.”

8thAirForce on March 25, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Also, Carl is well liked?

And, Abraham Ford as a strong male lead?

8thAirForce on March 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Lost Girl : The Zombie Episode

Funny movie title : “Zombies That Sing The Blues” (heh)

Did you recognize the woman that did the first zombie decapitation ?
It was Linda Hamilton, who played Sarah Connor in the original Terminator movies.

Wolf vs. zombie : Does not end well for the zombie.

Drinking zombie blood. Ew

Anna Silk and Linda Hamilton in a cat fight. Funny, genre generational passing of the torch.

Russian family dysfunction.

Tamsins’ Jacket, a hint that she’s turning from Dark to Light?
(Just fan speculation on my part.)

Zombie voodoo priestess.

More drinking of zombie blood. Ew

Succubus conquers zombies.

A major marriage proposal. Fail

Drinks at the Dal (bar). Emotional

All this and the ep is only 2/3s through.

And then the serious sh!t happens.

Massimo the Druid is back from the dead.

And then they kill a major character who has been around since the first episode.

Then, possibly the saddest ending of the entire series. So far…..

MichaelGabriel on March 25, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Tastes like veal…

Blake on March 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Nah man, it made perfect sense within the confines of her insanity.

Remember how she was crying about having shot people in the head by accident during the prison attack? She had no compunction with shooting them- it was just shooting them in the head that bothered her because that meant perma-death. She thought walkers were still the same people they were before- so slitting her sister’s throat wasn’t killing her. Which, in fact, was her reasoning in doing so. She wanted to demonstrate to the others that zombies are no different than people.

Of course that’s insane…. which was the point.

bettercallputin on March 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM

If they cooked Beth or worse served her to the newcomers, it certainly would be justification for them going all medieval on their a$$. As Carol said, some people can’t be around other people and have to be killed. Wouldn’t be fair to allow other unsuspecting strangers to go to Terminus and wind up on the grill…

Blake on March 25, 2014 at 8:58 AM

TWD is my Honey Boo Boo, I continue to watch this train wreck week after week. My hope is slight that it will ever mature into something well done. What bothers me the most, it’s a long list, is the absolutely wooden acting. Everyone plods along in a fog. Once in awhile Norman Reedus does something that resembles acting but for the most part he shuffles along too. Slow, languid, & glacial. Contrast to Lost, Sawyer, Ben Linus, and Hurley. (Or Suits, House of Cards, Sherlock, etc.) The characters matter and their performances are compelling. Is it poor writing/writers or the original TWD source material is just not deep enough to develop the characters further? I don’t know but so far only The Governor has truly pulled it off. What will the finale bring? I think we all know; “That’s it, really?”.

roy_batty on March 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Fava beans and a nice chianti.

Only because someone had to say it.

And, remarkably, after 75 posts, no one beat me to it.

The Schaef on March 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM

No decent binoculars? After a weapon that’s one of the first things you’d need. For having stumbled around the zombie apocalypse landscape for over a year these jokers are pitifully equipped. How do they keep their hair cut yet remain appallingly dirty? Has Rick ever changed his shirt?

claudius on March 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I’d like to see the living wise up and plan what they want to do. Do they want to find others/government? Do they want to just hunker down? Do they want to start planning how they are going to deal with walker attacks in a systematic manner? I would like to see someone get a bulldozer and dig a long pit and lure walker in them and kill them.

Blake on March 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM

claudius on March 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Blake on March 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM

…and there you have it, common sense.

Maslow’s hierarchy of needs would trump all.

TWD however spends most of its time dwelling on tier 3 or 4.

roy_batty on March 25, 2014 at 10:56 AM

roy_batty on March 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I think Carol has also been a pretty interesting character, especially the way she has develped over the course of the show. But for the most part your point is well taken. Glenn, in fact, has regressed. He was much more interesting in the first 6 episodes then he has been over the last two seasons. I wouldn’t miss him now at all.

tommyboy on March 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM

OK, now this is kinda creepy.

Mary from Terminus is the subject of the vandalized painting Carl and Michonne found when they were looking for supplies…

I’m still not convinced it’s cannibals. But it’s majorly creepy.

PetecminMd on March 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Blake on March 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM

They had all that at the prison (a hunker-down point with a plan to deal with walkers, who eventually absorbed the residents of Woodbury), and for months it served them well.

And then they faced the one more grave and persistent threat on the show than billions of reanimated corpses: the few remaining humans who value those assets to the point of taking them by extreme force.

As to your other point, pits are not infinite. Even if it were a mile wide and fifty feet deep, it would fill up with walker bodies sooner or later, or a concentrated attack would overwhelm the pit at one point, much like it did the prison fence as Lizzie would lure them to the same point.

The Schaef on March 25, 2014 at 11:25 AM

vnvet on March 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Considering that the cheeks are the most tender part of the human body, I expect that the person with the biggest cheeks will be the “meal”.

csdeven on March 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM

ok i think a few will end up on the menu
the army guys girl friend, maybe mr scientist
bob, or sasha
the rest will be prisoners.

rick, michonne, carl will connect with darryls swat team
they will be getting ready to do a rescue attempt and then . .

stay tuned for firefight in october . . . . . .

so my opinion is some action FINALLY (darryl n beth in the woods a wasted episode). and a clifhanger until october, like an old fashioned buck rogers serial from the 1930′s

sniffles1999 on March 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM

C’mon, I sent a tip to the tips e-mail… and it wasn’t a zombie grumble “tip”.

I don’t know your personal e-mail (and I’d have probably done tips anyhow).

Tip might be story-worthy but requires some actual research (more than I could do quickly) to finish out the story/impact properly.

gekkobear on March 25, 2014 at 2:55 PM

oh i forgot about carol and tyresse, when will they show up
and also what happens when the group with DArryl sees rick with the uzi he took off the guy he strangled in the bathroom?

will they recognize it?

What did Merle once say, that if he saw a guy walking up with his mitts in his pockets he would be scared.

normal folks are packing and using thier weaponry.

sniffles1999 on March 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM