Valerie Jarrett: We’ve had less increase in premiums than ever in last 50 years

posted at 10:11 pm on March 24, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

Hm.

During Obama’s term, between 2009 to 2012, premiums have climbed $2,370 for the average family with an employer-provided plan – a rate faster than the during the previous four years under President George W. Bush, according to Kaiser.

Investor’s Business Daily’s John Merline was first to note the difference in premiums climbing faster under Obama than the previous four years under Bush.

Hm.

Health insurance companies across the country are seeking and winning double-digit increases in premiums for some customers, even though one of the biggest objectives of the Obama administration’s health care law was to stem the rapid rise in insurance costs for consumers.

And, let’s review the promise, once again:

“I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Obama never said he was a Christian; mean people are twisting his words again. He only said he was a fan of Christian Laettner, the former Duke and NBA basketball player and noted tall person.

IndieDogg on March 25, 2014 at 5:17 AM

Another mostly white black Marxist. But shhhh….they are a protected minority and cannot be criticized. One party rule has been permanently installed in the United Socialist Superstate of America. Brought to you by blacks, the slavishly devoted press, and people that watch The View.

Hillary 2016.

DeweyWins on March 25, 2014 at 5:53 AM

dispelling a popular conservative myth is a commendable effort, but your constant struggle to make progressives seem gullible instead is laughable.

sesquipedalian on March 19, 2014 at 7:14 PM

rogerb on March 25, 2014 at 6:01 AM

Go to hell, slime bag.

TX-96 on March 25, 2014 at 6:19 AM

If anyone in the Obama administration has a secret Swiss bank account, it has to be Valerie Jarrett. She has that ‘I am pegging everyone of you, you can’t touch me, you can’t do a thing about it’ smile.

steveracer on March 25, 2014 at 6:29 AM

“Let them eat cake”

bobthm3 on March 25, 2014 at 6:30 AM

My bill for it says otherwise, Val.

You lie.

ajacksonian on March 25, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Valerie clearly believes in the old mantra that if you tell a lie often enough and loudly enough, it will become truth.

ButterflyDragon on March 25, 2014 at 7:10 AM

When you catch up to the snake oil salesman at the edge of town to complain about the crapp he sold your naive friend/relative, he’ll always try to sell you some, too, … with bigger and better lies. It’s what they do.

itsacookbook on March 25, 2014 at 7:12 AM

What’s the rate of deductible increases?

rhombus on March 25, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Are Obama and his goons actually breathing oxygen?

rplat on March 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM

So the person who basically operates as president of the United States…cause the person elected to the job finds it too much work and really hard….is in the middle of a full blown psychotic break.

Caseoftheblues on March 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM

2007 $178.00 11.60%
2006 $159.50 27.60%
2005 $125.00

Rate of Increase (10yr) 9.86%
Total Increase 156.00%

Dasher on March 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Note to Valerie: I have less coverage in my health plan now than in the last 25 years

caddis on March 25, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Even those who might have experienced a reduction in their premium also saw a massive increase in co-pays and deductibles. This means that for many people, their insurance is worthless unless they have major health problems that require many visits/procedures. Since the average healthcare cost for most families has bee determined to be something a little over $2000, some of these people will never receive any benefits from the policy they were forced to buy.

NoNails on March 25, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I don’t think there is anyone in this administration fears being caught in a lie. The MSM has shown them that they will let them get by with the lies.

NoNails on March 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I can’t stand these people.

crosshugger on March 25, 2014 at 8:43 AM

She is right. I can’t afford coverage at all, so my premium is zero.

Eventually, the free shiite army will start to lose benefits, and the whole fascist house of cards will come down.

Until then, I need to get back to work, I have EBT cards, WIC, Medicaid, Welfare, Obamaphones, ….. to pay for.

captnjoe on March 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM

As an employer, we have seen a 40% increase in group plan premiums with an almost complete zero out of co pays, and a doubling of our deductibles. A “gold” plan would have seen up to a 100% increase in premiums in order to maintain our pre-obamacare insurance package. We are now evaluating the whether we can continue this benefit given that the premiums will rise even more next year.. In the meantime on individual family “insurance” expenditure, we are seeing an expenditure of nearly 15,000 dollars before insurance provides any risk benefit.

So let me translate this situation for workers. Mandated health care insurance as an employment benefit will be a job killer for larger employers. For small employers, we will no longer be able to provide the benefit. In addition the cost to employers like me translates to fewer jobs, no bonuses, and the conscription of many workers into the exchanges, where they too will come to grips with the reality their employers face—high cost, high deductible, low co-pay, and for exchange policies, low doctor participation. But hey, a college party girl can go to a pharmacy and get free contraceptives and abortifacients without even paying a premium or participating in the exchange insurance. And even better news, we will be paying for insurance company losses…..the same insurers who backed this mess. Is this a great country or what.

I’m considering the John Galt alternative.

cthemfly on March 25, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Well, you know sociopaths lie w/o difficulty.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I think it was said accurately sometime in the recent past…..

You Lie

TerryW on March 25, 2014 at 9:08 AM

If you’re going to lie, why not make it big, like, a thousand years, or a million years?

Ward Cleaver on March 25, 2014 at 9:09 AM

“I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.”

Well?

justltl on March 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Valerie Jarrett: We’ve had less increase in premiums than ever in last 50 years

“These are not the droids you’re looking for…move along”!

cajunpatriot on March 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM

We?

TimBuk3 on March 25, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Video Propaganda—–Li’l Miss Efficiency…short cropped hair…mouth that never stops…yeeech

AND this NANNY is really BOSSY too…

PUMP dat ObamaCare BABY !!

BigSven on March 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

justltl on March 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Mine went down 3000%…

You got ripped…..

Electrongod on March 24, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Beat me to it.

talkingpoints on March 25, 2014 at 9:28 AM

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

justltl on March 25, 2014 at 9:28 AM

it is their right, it is their duty

justltl on March 25, 2014 at 9:32 AM

What planet does Jarrett live on? It is certainly not Earth.

sadatoni on March 25, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Choco rations have been increased more this year than at any time in the last 50 years.

BobMbx on March 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM

This is who obummer listens to for the truth. A delusional Valeri Jarret.

jake49 on March 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM

When it finally happens, it will not go well for these liars.

PD Quig on March 25, 2014 at 10:00 AM

However, in a situation where a majority of the citizenry actually favored Despotism, I believe that the Founders felt that that signaled the end of the Republic.

We are probably at the point where half or slightly more than half of the nation has no interest in preserving liberty, in which case separation or divorce might be a more appropriate alternative. I don’t know. My own preference would be to restore the nation to that envisioned by the Founders, but, failing that, an amicable divorce might be the only alternative.

justltl on March 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Jarrett, just another lying Democrat, living in an alternate reality.

GarandFan on March 25, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Vacuous cipher. Liar, too.

petefrt on March 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Seriously….how do these people keep a straight face?

DebinRTP on March 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM

In either case, enemies within should meet swift justice.

justltl on March 25, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

NoPain on March 25, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Hey, Valerie,

You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and he stood not in the truth; because truth is not in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof..

Sincerely,

One who has seen her family’s premiums go up while coverage has gone down.

justltl on March 25, 2014

I think it is coming to that, but believe there will be nothing ‘amicable’ about it. Of course, with the apathy I see all around me, God only knows if there will even be enough patriots left to mount much of a fight at all. We are not the same people we were when the Founding Fathers declared for Freedom. Heck, we aren’t even the same people we were when we were attacked on Dec. 7, 1941. How fast we have fallen. Romans 1.

pannw on March 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Valerie Jarrett: We’ve had less increase in premiums than ever in last 50 years

I think what she’s trying to say is that when you subtract all the folks who’ve had their policies cancelled due to Obamacare, the % increase in the # people paying premiums in 2014 versus 2009 is lower than ever in the last 50 years.
It boggles the mind any other way, and even the way I interpret her mushmouth nonsense is giving me a headache.

Special thanks to everyone who sat out the past presidential election or voted for the dummy.

smfic on March 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM

A face like a melted candle.

jangle12 on March 25, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Valerie Lies!!!!

My first family policy I bought in 1980 was approx. $375/mo and in 2005 I bought a similar policy for $650/mo. That is about a 74% increase over 25 years or about 3% increase a year.

In 2010 I researched a similar policy when considering working as a contractor with rates quoted on the open market at $710/Mo or a 10% increase over 5 years (2% per year increase.

In October of 2013 I went to both the open market and healthcare.gov and got quotes in the range of $950/mo which represents an increase of about 34% increase over 3 years or 11% increase per year since 2010.

I decided not to open my own business as a contractor and instead take employment where my share as an employee on a company policy is $550/mo. My out of pocket share is higher than any other time in my whole career because I chose to keep my doctor who is out of network.

So, these folks can lie and spin all they want but the facts are out there and doing things like adding kids until they are 26 years old on parents policy, including pregnancy in all policies and who knows what else has, and will continue to taking premiums out the roof and ruined the US healthcare system for the majority of citizens who were happy with their previous health policies!!!!

tej on March 25, 2014 at 11:04 AM

ButterflyDragon on March 25, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Of course she believes because this admin and the Leftist agenda is built on lies and lying is just what they do. They have to lie to make the needed progress on the road to their utopia and they’ve raised generations of unthinking and unquestioning LIVs who take the lies as truth.

hawkeye54 on March 25, 2014 at 11:23 AM

A face like a melted candle.

jangle12 on March 25, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Your assessment is far too kind.

hawkeye54 on March 25, 2014 at 11:24 AM

pannw on March 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Yep. Apathy is clearly a problem. I’ll use myself as an example. I am a staunch patriot and conservative, yet my only “political” activities have been: voting; writing an e-mail to my congressman on very rare occasion (maybe two in my lifetime); giving some small financial support to causes and candidates; venting on Hot Air with occasional serious posts but more often with feeble attempts at “campy” humor.
Of course, I have always rationalized my lack of more direct or vigorous political activity because of my focus on my work and family and contrasting myself with scurrilous leftists who contrastingly devote their energies to their despicable causes.

I don’t know what it will take to spur people like myself into true action. Maybe economic collapse. Maybe when like-minded people are being carted off to re-education camps. Maybe it will require something slightly less direct yet imminently threatening like abridgment of my freedom to practice religion, massive tax increases, confiscation of retirement funds or some other direct injury from the government.

Maybe (and I actually believe that this is really the only required stimulus at this point, believing as I do what the future holds for us), it will simply take a leader to follow into battle.

justltl on March 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM

2 + 2 = 5
If you don’t believe me please head over to Room 101.

RedManBlueState on March 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM

2 + 2 = 5
If you don’t believe me please head over to Room 101.

RedManBlueState on March 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Actually, according to Common Core, 2 + 2 = whatever makes you feel creative and strokes your self esteem. There is no wrong answer. Its all good!

hawkeye54 on March 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM

And furthermore, we have always been at war with Eastasia.

Axeman on March 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Why is Jarrett lying with a straight face?

President Obama Asks Medvedev for ‘Space’ on Missile Defense — ‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility’

….this is just the beginning of the revelations which demonstrate that we are being ruled by nothing other than pure criminals with very evil intent designed to bring about the domestic collapse of the United States.

Interesting read, but nothing new that I’m sure anyone on this site hasn’t already on their worst days thought/read/surmised. I keep telling myself all of this isn’t true, but as time goes on I’m just not that sure that at least some of it is…. true. Especially the quote above.

avagreen on March 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM

justltl on March 25, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I think you may be right. I just hope one steps up before it is too late, if it already isn’t. I don’t mean to sound like a Moby, (if I understand that term) but I tend to think it is. As a believer in Christ and Sacred Scripture, I can’t help but think if the passage about do not pray for God will no longer hear it, and compare it to Romans 1, when Paul describes the culture so like our own and that as a result of all the evil, and that because of it, ‘God delivered them up to shameful affections’ and our apparent embrace of homosexual practice. Paul is pretty clear about a culture like that when he says those in it are ‘worthy of death’. It would seem we are at the end of the cycle, so to speak. I don’t know if it is too late for God to hear our prayer, but it has to be getting awfully close, if not.

pannw on March 25, 2014 at 4:20 PM

LIAR!

ultracon on March 25, 2014 at 9:36 PM

The “Bagdad Bob syndrome” is very strong in this administration.

earlgrey on March 26, 2014 at 11:16 AM