Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on March 24, 2014 by Allahpundit

The standoff between Russia, Ukraine, and the West has reached the “eleventh hour,” Andrei Kozyrev, the first post-Soviet Russian foreign minister, told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Monday.

“The [stakes are] still very, very high,” he said. “Let me just remind whoever concerned that Russia is still [a] nuclear superpower. So the [stakes] might be life and death. And maybe sooner than somebody is thinking.”

“It’s [the] eleventh hour for Russians, and for anybody else, to reconsider.”…

In an interview with Amanpour last week, Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said that Crimea was just the Russian president’s “opening game.”

***

A prominent political ally and advisor to Vladimir Putin has proposed splitting up Ukraine along the lines of an historical pact agreed between the Nazis and Soviet Union.

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, widely regarded as a mouthpiece for the Russian president, proposed a redrawing of the borders of western Ukraine – which would involve regions being incorporated into the territories of Poland, Romania and Hungary…

Zhirinovsky wrote: “It’s never too late to correct historical errors.”

***

U.S. and Ukrainian officials warned Sunday that Russia may be poised to expand its territorial conquest into eastern Ukraine and beyond, with a senior NATO official saying that Moscow might even order its troops to cross Ukraine to reach Moldova

A drive into Transnistria would mark an extraordinary deepening of Russia’s military thrust into former Soviet territory and sharply escalate tensions with the West. Transnistria, a narrow strip of land about the size of Rhode Island that is wedged between the rest of Moldova and southern Ukraine, proclaimed its independence in 1990. Its population went on to vote in 2006 to seek eventual unification with Russia…

In Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, members of a visiting U.S. congressional delegation said Ukrainian officials were determined to prevent any further Russian incursion into their territory.

“This would be no Crimea,” Sen. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) said at a news conference, adding that Putin would find himself having to explain why young Russian men were coming home in coffins. “Ukraine is ready to fight.”

***

[I]t would be wishful thinking to assume that if the crisis over Ukraine continues to deteriorate it will not seep through Russian policy towards the Middle East and affect Iran, primarily because that is where the US would be hurt most…

Experts are most worried about the potential for new Russian arms sales, in particular the long-range S-300 air defence missile system deal that was cancelled in 2010 under American pressure.

“This is the one card that they [the Russians] have,” argues Cliff Kupchan, analyst at Eurasia Group, the risk researchers and consultants. “The S-300 can be a game changer; it would reduce Israel’s ability to attack Iran.”

***

[A]dvocates of nuclear disarmament say the new freeze in US-Russian relations was likely to torpedo any hopes that they had of persuading Washington and its Nato allies to withdraw the last US nuclear weapons on European soil, an estimated 150-200 B61 gravity bombs deployed in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Italy and Turkey.

Campaigners have long argued that the B61 bombs are obsolete and their removal would represent a confidence-building gesture to Moscow at no strategic cost, putting pressure on Russia to make a reciprocal reduction in its arsenal of about 2,000 operational tactical warheads. But most now concede that the disarmament lobby’s chance of winning that argument has gone from slim to nonexistent.

“The Ukraine crisis will only amplify voices of those against any move on the B61, from eastern Europe in particular. It will closed down that debate,” said Ian Kearns, the director of the European Leadership Network, a group of former ministers pressing the case for disarmament.

***

If driving down energy prices is the West’s long-term strategy for breaking Putin, then the region is key. Iran, holder of the world’s second-largest gas reserves, is a natural competitor to Russia in Europe and could once again be a major oil producer. Sanctions hold it back. The return of Libya’s oil, disproportionately important to global markets because of its high quality, would also help. Sorting out Iran and Libya would add about 2 million barrels per day to the world’s oil supply capacity and defuse some of the risk premium on oil prices. Rising output from Iraq will also loosen the market.

The problem is that Putin knows all this, too. Perhaps better than we do. And the West needs his cooperation to bring some stability to the region. That’s why, if it comes to an energy war with the West, the world’s biggest oil producer will happily watch the Iran talks fail, the Middle East burn and Russia’s crude keep flowing to the world’s needy oil consumers. And Vladimir Putin will be laughing all the way to the bank.

***

Presidents tend to think of autocrats like Mr. Putin as fellow statesmen, said Dennis Blair, Mr. Obama’s first director of national intelligence. “They should think of dictators like they think of domestic politicians of the other party,” he said, “opponents who smile on occasion when it suits their purposes, and cooperate when it is to their advantage, but who are at heart trying to push the U.S. out of power, will kneecap the United States if they get the chance and will only go along if the U.S. has more power than they.”…

After 15 years, no one in Washington still thinks of Mr. Putin as a partner. “He goes to bed at night thinking of Peter the Great and he wakes up thinking of Stalin,” Representative Mike Rogers, the Republican chairman of the House intelligence committee, said on “Meet the Press” on NBC on Sunday. “We need to understand who he is and what he wants. It may not fit with what we believe of the 21st century.”…

“He’s not delusional, but he’s inhabiting a Russia of the past — a version of the past that he has created,” said Fiona Hill, the top intelligence officer on Russia during Mr. Bush’s presidency and co-author of “Mr. Putin: Operative in the Kremlin.” “His present is defined by it and there is no coherent vision of the future. Where exactly does he go from here beyond reasserting and regaining influence over territories and people? Then what?”

***

Soviet-American communication was never easy during the Cold War. Yet after the Cuban Missile Crisis it became possible. The U.S., which had refused to recognize the Soviet Union for the first 15 years of its existence, came to appreciate the leverage and security that high-level contact provided, and the Soviet Union had practical needs—for money, for grain—that made the U.S. an attractive partner. By the late 1960s, Soviet and American leaders could look beyond the capitalist-versus-communist moral fervor of the early Cold War. In the 1980s, Gorbachev put up with Reagan’s anti-communist jokes, while Gorbachev’s Leninism did not inhibit a friendship from evolving between the Soviet General Secretary and the American president.

By comparison, the current tension between Russian nationalism and American internationalism will offer less room for diplomatic maneuvering. Obama sees the nationalism of Putin as illegitimate, a flashback to the age of Bismarck, a lynchpin of autocratic government and an unacceptable bridge of influence between Russia and ethnic Russian or pro-Russian constituencies in Ukraine—or anywhere else in the former Soviet Union. Nationalism is Moscow’s path to isolation from the international community. Putin sees the internationalism of Obama as illegitimate, a coded language fabricated to mask the realist agenda of the U.S. and the EU, which is to push Europe’s border as far eastward as it will go. Internationalism is Washington’s path to Eurasian dominance. Russian-American communication will only be possible when one or the other side gives up on its vision of national and international affairs.

***

In the face of that nuclear terror, frankly, I don’t give a rip about the territorial integrity of Ukraine, or our NATO allies. Weighed against the scenario where my family looks at me helplessly as we realize we’re all going to die miserably and everyone we know will too, I’d accept just about any breach of international norms. I guess I’m just selfish that way.

So I’m inclined to seek ways of understanding Russia’s actions. I see a nation and dictator that suffered a humiliation when the pro-Russian government in Kiev fell, and has sought to recover it through a quick, illegal annexation, abetted by a rigged referendum. I’m inclined to understand their anxiety to maintain access to their Black Sea military resources. Yes, I’m inclined this way, partly, because of fear. Because years after the Berlin Wall came down, there is still a loaded gun pointed at our heads…

I know that this dread is what causes nations to appease dictators, to rationalize the subversion of elections far beyond Russia’s borders in order to keep the Kremlin feeling at ease. I know it makes me regret the expansion of NATO after the Cold War.

Freedom depends on not being intimidated. But if the only way to live in freedom is to live without fear, then contemplating the worst occasions radical thoughts for a conservative. Can national sovereignty and political freedom really exist in an age of nuclear superpowers?

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

C’mon, ya’ll know what I meant. Gimmee a break, I have had a few beers…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM

One Break… coming Uppp…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 11:12 PM

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Ratso went exploring in the OC Master Bedroom…somehow, Ratso found himself (itself?) under the receiving end of an open bottle of stinkum…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

In this economy … I’ve been reduced to rubbing alcohol.

ShainS on March 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Which Kitty Dukakis used to drink.

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Tom Jones – It’s Not Unusual

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Newtie and the Beauty:

I’ll raise you a Deliah:

Hopey as Tom Jones

Puty is Deliha:)
==================

Tom Jones – Delilah (video)
***************************

canopfor on March 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

~~ Stones Arrogant Bastard ale, ~~~oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Nectar of the Gods.

It’s beyond yummy. The blend of hops is perfection.

It’s goooood.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM

ShainS on March 24, 2014 at 11:12 PM

You PEEKED!! :o

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Which Kitty Dukakis used to drink.

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

LOL — I’d forgotten that …

ShainS on March 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM

In this economy … I’ve been reduced to rubbing alcohol.

ShainS on March 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Which Kitty Dukakis used to drink.

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

That always blew me away. I thought Greeks preferred Ouzo…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Did I miss something? What happened to Ratso?

The new girl has been on NCIS for several weeks now.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Other than loosing hi9s nads and deciding to wear a gallon of MrsOC’s most favorite and expensive stinky stuff?

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 11:15 PM

You PEEKED!! :o

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Heh.

You’re on a roll tonight …

ShainS on March 24, 2014 at 11:16 PM

The problem is that Putin knows all this, too. Perhaps better than we do.

Putin knows everything better than Obama and knows how to do everything better than Obama. Except maybe for golf and that would only take him a few holes.

VorDaj on March 24, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Remember Pee Wee Herman?

Electrongod on March 24, 2014 at 10:54 PM

My mind plays tricks on me and I play tricks back – Pee Wee Heraman

kringeesmom on March 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

ShainS on March 24, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Thank you, Shain!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

In this economy … I’ve been reduced to rubbing alcohol.

ShainS on March 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Which Kitty Dukakis used to drink.

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

That always blew me away. I thought Greeks preferred Ouzo…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM

The thought of drinking rubbing alcohol always makes my spine want to jump right out of my body and go running down the street…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Eric Clapton & Duane Allman – Jam 4

kcewa on March 24, 2014 at 11:18 PM

canopfor on March 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Hello my friend from the Great North :) I was beginning to think I was invisible.

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM

CoffeeLover:You my friend,….never:0

canopfor on March 24, 2014 at 11:18 PM

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I see you’re getting what I was getting earlier. Prayers to you, CL!

Give my best to your rainy day crew! Herbie, especially.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I’d rather sleep with Kitty than drink rubbing alcohol…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM

canopfor on March 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM

This same Washington Post? Say it isn’t so canopfor… <—- Insert truly genuinely shocked look here…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM

oscarwilde: Seen it last night:0

canopfor on March 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Baking soda might help Ratso or get some diatomacious (sp) earth.Basically I’m afraid it’s going to have to wear off. Poor thing. Cats hate smelling like anything. They prefer to smell like nothing.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

So THAT’S the Republican Elites’ problem…’splains a lot, doesn’t it.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I wonder if a liberal dousing with Febreeze would help Ratso…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:21 PM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

So THAT’S the Republican Elites’ problem…’splains a lot, doesn’t it.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Now that you mention it, indeed it does…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 11:22 PM

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I think you are right. From what I hear, poor Ratso has had more baths recently than any cat should ever have. I bet he hates it and I am glad I ain’t home when it happens. I wonder if they tried bubble bath?

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:23 PM

=========================================================================

S-300

Lavrov: Russia will honor its S-300 missile contract with Damascus. Two Russian warships head for Syria
DEBKAfile Special Report June 21, 2013, 9:47 AM (GMT+02:00)

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Thursday, June 20, that Moscow will honor its controversial contract to deliver S-300 air defense missile systems to Syria. He spoke the day after the announcement that two warships carrying 600 Russian marines were heading for Syria “to protect the Russian citizens there” along, with air force cover “as needed.” debkafile: Russia and the West are pumping more arms into Syria ahead of the decisive battle for Aleppo between the HIzballah-backed Syrian army and heavily mobilized rebel forces.
More…
==========

Moscow Throws down the Gauntlet for Jerusalem
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report May 30, 2013, 11:44 PM (GMT+02:00)

Moscow is challenging Israel to make good on its threats to knock out the S-300 or lose credibility. But Israel needs a US guarantee of military backup in case its action spirals into a major conflict with Syria and its allies.
More…

canopfor on March 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM

I wonder if a liberal dousing with Febreeze would help Ratso…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Febreze smells too. What about kitty litter. The kind that doesn’t smell. It’s absorbant.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM

My Grandfather told me a story about finding a stash of jap beer on New Guinea.

They were pretty thirsty for it. It tasted like shit, but they drank it anyway.

Until their translator told them it was actually mosquito repellent.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Mr Bubble?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Guess what? You your family and everyone you know are going to die miserably no matter what happens to Ukraine or our NATO allies. So you may as well try to help them live without misery.

kcewa on March 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Putin probably saw and sees this eastward push as a something of a reenactment of that eastward push of 1941.

VorDaj on March 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Clay…didn’t think of that…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM

In this economy … I’ve been reduced to rubbing alcohol.

ShainS on March 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Which Kitty Dukakis used to drink.

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

That always blew me away. I thought Greeks preferred Ouzo…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM

A few years ago, I had a conversation with a man who had worked at a rehab center up in Alaska.
He claimed drinking mouthwash was all the rage, while he was up there.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Heads UP:

Obama NSA reform proposals

Barack Obama
3m
=====
President Obama’s new plan for telephone metadata would ensure government can access information for identified national security needs, official tells @Reuters
end of alert
=============

NSA surveillance programs leaked
1h
President Obama to introduce bill that would end NSA’s bulk data collection – @nytimes
read more on nytimes.com

canopfor on March 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Good night all.

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Until their translator told them it was actually mosquito repellent.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Between guffaws I suppose.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Not yet…looks like it descends tomorrow. Herbie and Excedrin on nightstand.

Hobby Lobby case argued in front of SCOTUS tomorrow.

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Clay…didn’t think of that…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Come to think of it, chlorophyll has deodorizing properties, as I recall…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Get a pet raccoon, they smell better.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:27 PM

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Niters and sleep well, Todd!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Get a pet raccoon, they smell better.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Heh…
Got one in my sights…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Nite Todd

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

As I understand it, SCOTUS has alloted 90 minutes for that–30 for Hobby Lobby, 30 for Conestoga and 30 for that (un)worthy, Varelli, the Solicitor General.

I’m also hoping C-Span and SCOTUS will air the arguement later on tomorrow, so we don’t have to wait until Friday for the official lease.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Good night, sweet dreams!

kringeesmom on March 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Winston and Georgie are sneezing snd coughing.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM

hobby Lobby case argued in front of SCOTUS tomorrow. CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

I hope it’s the one Conestoga is part of. I worked for them. Good folks,

And they will not back down. Amish.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Jeannine C Riley – Harper Valley PTA

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM

That there is some old and weird shit…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:32 PM

canopfor on March 24, 2014 at 11:24 PM

McCain should personally lead the “rebel forces” that he loves so much. If they win, he can share feasting on the hearts of Christians with them.

VorDaj on March 24, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Wish Ratso would go away from my face. He is flaunting his reeky ass in my face. I can’t even take him out for a smoke…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM

It is, Wolly. Conestoga and Hobby Lobby are combining arguement times, as I understand.

List of cases for argument on 3/25/2014:

Sebelius, Sec. of H&HS v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. (13-354)

Conestoga Wood Specialties v. Sebelius, Sec. of H&HS (13-356)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I just want an Obama/Holder smackdown. At some point, somebody in the US has to stand up to them. Seems Putin is the only one who is doing it.

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Don’t do that. He could burst into flames.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:35 PM

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I’m in a 60′s mood, OC.

Have you tried turning Ratso around? Unless, at this point, his patoot smells better than the rest of him, that is… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Hi Ratso!!! Smelling awesome my friend!

KCB on March 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I SO wish this one would have the opinion come out before 30 Jun! In the next two weeks would be nice, but 30 Jun would make it past most of the primaries and it would still be fresh in the informed voters’ minds before November.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I guess I’m going to get that Garand. Eventually.

Seems the “estate” is rather extensive.

More than I knew.

I got assurance my request would be honored.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Happy 70th Birthday, R. Lee!
*I am sooo bad. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Doors – Riders on the Storm

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Love that.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM

I hope you can get it in writing from the executor(s), Wolly. I sure don’t want to see you shortchanged.

Maybe you can get it within the week?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:39 PM

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Thank you, COL!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Thank you, COL!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I’ve always had a thing for that kind of sound. Don’t know what it’s called.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I got assurance my request would be honored.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Good to hear. It is important to you.

KCB on March 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM

CL? Will this work for tomorrow morning?

Looking for a friend :P

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Hobby Lobby case argued in front of SCOTUS tomorrow.

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Prayers for Hobby Lobby, Calistoga, their attorney’s and for our freedom.

kringeesmom on March 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM

made me laughout loud! :)

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Prayers for Hobby Lobby, Calistoga, their attorney’s and for our freedom.

kringeesmom on March 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Yup…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Prayers for Hobby Lobby, Calistoga, their attorney’s and for our freedom.

kringeesmom on March 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I don’t have much use for religion but I’ve seen prayer work. If there are enough people praying maybe we’ll win this thing.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM

newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:3

At Conestoga, opening day of deer season was a paid holiday.

If you worked hard,, they treated you like family.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM

kringeesmom on March 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM

much appreciated…esp. after today, I am still so disgusted that hospitals in the UK were using aborted babies as a heating source.

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:45 PM

[Passing CL sham-wow and Windex...]

Open Bar tonight–with AP’s blessings (implicit, that is…)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Wow. And here I have been praying for you…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM

At Conestoga, opening day of deer season was a paid holiday.

If you worked hard,, they treated you like family.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Sweet! Opening day is always special.

KCB on March 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM

KCB on March 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM

I support the right to arm deer.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Prayers for Hobby Lobby, Calistoga, their attorney’s and for our freedom.

kringeesmom
on March 24, 2014 at 11:43 PM

crankyoldlady
on March 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I ain’t got no use for “religion”, neither.

I just like having a personal relationship with the living God.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 11:49 PM

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM

In the local KMart that got closed here they are splitting it between Whole Foods and Hobby Lobby. I intend to patronize that store! Opening in November.

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:50 PM

At Conestoga, opening day of deer season was a paid holiday.

If you worked hard,, they treated you like family.

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Everybody would have called off anyway. I’m not sure if they still do it but school used to be off the first day of hunting season and also of baseball season.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Prayers + Positive thoughts with love in your heart = Positive outcome

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Wow. And here I have been praying for you…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I don’t know why but I appreciate that.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM

KCB on March 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM

I support the right to arm deer.

annoyinglittletwerp

on March 24, 2014 at 11:49 PM

I … support our right (and the moral validity/legitimacy) of EATING deer !

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I don’t know why but I appreciate that.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I don’t like your physically suffering. I pray for you to feel better…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM

If it is warm in Omaha, take him out in the sun. The perfume is volatile and the sun and the warmth will evaporate it.

Doc Holliday on March 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Prayers + Positive thoughts with love in your heart = Positive outcome

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Yes. A whole lot of people should get together on the internet and hold hands figuratively and pray or think good thoughts. Don’t they call it a prayer circle.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I support the right to arm deer. annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2014 at 11:49 PM

What about poor defenseless girrafes?

wolly4321 on March 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Query: With no severability clause in 404care, if’n SCOTUS determines that the religious provisions violate the 1st Amendment, will we FINALLY be rid of 404care?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Doc Holliday on March 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Hey Doc

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Yes, we do, COL. You’re welcome to add your thoughts!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM

CoffeeLover on March 24, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Hobby Lobby is a great store. Did most of my Christmas shopping there this year. Tween loves it too, since she is very crafty.

kringeesmom on March 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM

howdy CL!

Doc Holliday on March 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 24, 2014 at 11:55 PM

There are a lot of things nipping away at it. The trouble is they have destroyed the health system we had so things will still be a mess.

crankyoldlady on March 24, 2014 at 11:57 PM