Palin on Hillary: I’d like to see more women run for higher office

posted at 6:41 pm on March 24, 2014 by Allahpundit

Via Breitbart, which occupies the top spot on Drudge as I write this. Reminds me a bit of 2008, when Palin was complimentary of Hillary on more than one occasion. The most famous was the day she was named as McCain’s VP and made her debut in Dayton:

I think as well today of two other women who came before me in national elections. I can’t begin this great effort without honoring the achievements of Geraldine Ferraro in 1984, and, of course, Sen. Hillary Clinton, who showed such determination and grace in her presidential campaign.

It was rightly noted in Denver this week that Hillary left 18 million cracks in the highest, hardest glass ceiling in America. But it turns out the women of America aren’t finished yet, and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all.

You can, if you like, dismiss that as a bid to draw Hillary voters who were disgruntled by the loss to Obama in the primaries, but Palin said something similar after the election when she had nothing to gain from it. She also defended Hillary’s toughness at a forum in March of that year, months before she landed on the ticket. Nothing unusual about the first true woman contender for the presidency getting respect from other national pols, especially female ones. What makes the clip below a little surprising — assuming “Extra” didn’t bowdlerize what she said for its teaser — is that Palin’s take on Hillary naturally soured after Benghazi. Six months ago:

In an interview with Fox News anchor Shannon Bream, Palin was asked by a Twitter user named “Michael” what she thought of “Hillary Clinton, and Hillary’s role in Benghazi.” Bream then asked Palin if she believed if it would have an impact in 2016 should Clinton pursue the presidency.

Palin said “if it doesn’t have an impact on the 2016 presidential election if she is a candidate,” then she would have “disappointment” in the country’s electorate.

Palin said that Clinton should “never be considered as Commander-in-Chief ” because she helped “throw away 200 years of military ethos” and left “our men behind to be murdered in Benghazi.” Clinton had initially claimed last year that the four Americans who were killed by terrorists died because of a YouTube parody video of Muhammad.

Maybe she mentioned that and “Extra” snipped it or maybe this is a matter of strategic self-interest: If you’re a woman whose own supporters want you to run for president, touting the need for more women candidates at the upper echelon is exactly what you should say. There’ll be plenty of time to tear Hillary down later.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Don’t we already have a woman president?

Cheese Wheel on March 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Meow

Bmore on March 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM

blueballs and the bed wetter.

Murphy9 on March 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

The counters are still off here at HA.

Bmore on March 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Look, no one — NO ONE — knows more about the democrat War on Women than Sarah Palin. She has been the main target of those vicious misogynists for YEARS. She’s baiting Killery — a general in the democrat War on Women — hoping some reporter asks her about Palin’s remarks, so Killery can make a nasty remark. Then Palin will be there to call out their hypocrisy…again.

Rational Thought on March 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

The comments come in too fast over there…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Plus most of them make about as much sense as a bluegill comment..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Murphy9 on March 24, 2014 at 8:35 PM

She just cannot control herself. Its the only reason. No discipline. Saw the comment gryph that creeped out of the box vertically. Nice. ; )

Bmore on March 24, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I was playing Grammar Nazi w/ ‘Gretchen Washington’.
Heh.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM

You must have scared her away, cant find her posts..:)

idesign on March 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM

This reminds me of Romney’s “Obama’s a nice guy” comment and McCain’s “you have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency” comment.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Palin may be kind and gracious, but she is far from one of our brightest conservative lights. I so hoped she could be our Margaret Thatcher, but she just isn’t up to the task. Isn’t it obvious?

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM

She’s not our Margaret Thatcher…she’s our Sarah Palin…

…Here’s something I’ll give you that’s “obvious”,

I’m looking forward to one day voting her into the White House…

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 8:50 PM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM

You are taking thins completely out of bounds.
She said she would like to see more women run for office. She did not compliment Hillary in the least. She effectively did not answer the question and got the person to move on.

astonerii on March 24, 2014 at 8:50 PM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Updated your blog for you. As always gratis. ; )

Bmore on March 24, 2014 at 8:51 PM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Slight difference- they named Obama. Palin deftly pivoted the Hillary question to a general encouragement for women to run for high office. (at least in the clip released).

cs89 on March 24, 2014 at 8:51 PM

You are taking thins completely out of bounds.
astonerii on March 24, 2014 at 8:50 PM

You are probably right. Maybe I am overreacting. That was just my first reaction.

I just hope she makes a point to call out Hillary in the future whenever her name comes up.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM

You are probably right. Maybe I am overreacting. Name comes up. I just can’t help myself.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Bmore on March 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM

(or,perhaps fishy is just deranged?)

Hehe.

cs89 on March 24, 2014 at 8:23 PM

…you!…are correct!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM

First reactions sometimes get you hooked on the wrong path.
Anyways. I hope she tears all the democrats apart. I already stated what i think would have been the better response.

I want to see competent conservative leaders running for president.

That would have jabbed hillary with the competent slam and said where she thinks the women would be coming from without directly going sexist. Then again, perfect responses live time are not a frequent occurrence.

astonerii on March 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I want to see competent conservative leaders running for president.

astonerii on March 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Well said.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Wish she had a better answer to “what will Obama’s legacy be?”

Wrecking the US healthcare system with Obamacare?
20 trillion national debt?
50 million on food stamps?

monalisa on March 24, 2014 at 9:02 PM

idesign on March 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM

She was referring to SP as ‘trailor’ trash.
My mother was a print reporter-and she taught me how to edit. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Here endeth the LESSON.

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM

“No.”
But I’ll give you mark for consistency . . . . . this is what you’ve been saying for years, now.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM

[Name comes up. I just can’t help myself.]

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Bmore on March 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM

. . . : )

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM

She was referring to SP as ‘trailor’ trash.
My mother was a print reporter-and she taught me how to edit. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on March 24, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Public school…LOL

idesign on March 24, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Just for the gilled one, she loves this.

Gorgeous, gracious gifted Gov. Sarah Palin was, is, and ever shall be the populist princess & conservative queen of American politics. Deal with it, liberals.

H/T C4P

Flora Duh had a good name for her last night, LOL

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 9:23 PM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Why should Palin behave like an internet troll?

/s

cs89 on March 24, 2014 at 10:17 PM

P A L I N 2 0 1 6

ToddPA on March 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 7:38 PM

….can you believe the audacity of blueballs?…she lies worse than a demorat!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Why would they run, after the bloodbath you endured, Sarah?

John the Libertarian on March 24, 2014 at 10:57 PM

During her appearance on “Extra” to promote her new TV Show “Amazing America,” former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) was asked by host Mario Lopez “What are your thoughts on Hillary Clinton?”

Palin responded, “I would like to see women run for the higher office. I think America certainly is ready for more female candidates at that upper echelon.”

In her response, Palin unfortunately affirmed a recent Gallup poll pointing to Hillary’s gender as her most important presidential attribute.

It’s possible she was just keeping it light since this was an entertainment show interview.

cimbri on March 24, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Good grief, people. Perspective. Per-spec-tive.

The media love making Palin look anything but what she is, a smart, savvy, prescient political powerhouse. So why not assume that Extra edited her responses to make them look supportive of Shrillary?

I listened to the interview snippets, and the truncated response she gave makes me suspect there’s more there*there. And she never mentions Hillary by name.

I’m going to wait judgement until the entire Extra interview is released. And even then, if they get it wrong, we’ll see what Sister Sarah says in response. She doesn’t let media dogs lie like rugs.

Meanwhile, she gave props to Rush for coming to Drudge’s defense re: paying his Obamacare tax in 2014 as he’s required to do by law with the way he files his taxes, instead of waiting until 2015. I totally get it because I used to pay estimated taxes on freelance work I did in the 90′s and early 00′s, and you have to pay ahead quarterly.

theotherone on March 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I thought Palin looked and sounded a bit silly. It’s almost like she’s turning herself into a cartoon character.

Cruz and Palin talked to the crowd like one would talk to children. It almost seemed like an elementary school assembly pep rally.

Please, can we stop giving Palin this attention. Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, etc. are all a million times better.

bluegill on July 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Bmore on March 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Cruz and Palin talked to the crowd like one would talk to children.

bluegill on July 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I didn’t see any of the CPAC speeches, saw some clips, though. The green eggs and ham bit from Palin was pretty painful to watch.

cimbri on March 25, 2014 at 12:19 AM

No one knows if Sarah Palin will run for President in 2016

Here’s a re-reun from 2010, she isn’t running for President, or anything else.

Moesart on March 25, 2014 at 1:04 AM

we know her new show premieres April 3rd

Oh, well. So, look for more useless news like this from The Palin.

She has new stuff to sell.

Moesart on March 25, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Here’s a re-reun from 2010, she isn’t running for President, or anything else.

Moesart on March 25, 2014 at 1:04 AM

You can only hope. . . LOL.

The only sad thing is Sarah would take even you in! (She’s a much better woman than I.)

Did anyone notice the line: “Palin, not ruling out her own 2016 presidential run. . .

Gee, wonder where that piece of the interview went.

Opinionator on March 25, 2014 at 2:34 AM

I love the Palin sarcasm. Step in Mrs Clinton, the water is fine.

steveracer on March 25, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Palin… is far from one of our brightest conservative lights. I so hoped she could be our Margaret Thatcher, but she just isn’t up to the task. Isn’t it obvious?

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Bingo

RUexperienced on March 25, 2014 at 11:04 AM

No one knows if Sarah Palin will run for President in 2016

Here’s a re-reun from 2010, she isn’t running for President, or anything else.

Moesart on March 25, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Palin is running Palin, Inc, where she is the president. But that’s it.

RUexperienced on March 25, 2014 at 11:06 AM

How about some more men running for higher office? As opposed to straw puppets like McCain and Romney.

WyattsTorch on March 25, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Sarah Palin is barely competent enough to offer her unscripted political opinions on camera, as she struggles to speak in proper, complete sentences. And people think she is competent enough to run a presidential campaign? What a joke.

We conservatives can and should do much better than her. I would take Cruz any day over Palin. At least he doesn’t run from challenging, live tv interview situations.

Palin often hurts conservatives more than she helps, and her “cutesy” routine grates on the nerves.

First Palin endorses McCain for reelection, and now she is encouraging Hillary to run, because of “girl power” or something? Thanks for nothing, Palin. And I enthusiastically supporter her in 2008. Now I wish she would stay off camera, but apparently she loves the attention too much.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Well said.

RUexperienced on March 25, 2014 at 11:19 AM

bluegill on July 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

all those losers are for amnesty.
which means deep in your heart, so are you.

the masked slipped bluegill.

gotcha!

renalin on March 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Cuda

Murphy9 on March 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Palin on Hillary: I’d like to see more women run for higher office

Not me. They might win.

Nomennovum on March 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Gonna do a follow-up on this post Allah?

Maybe something like this:

“SARAH PALIN: If Hillary Clinton runs in 2016, she’ll have MUCH to answer for regarding the Benghazi cover-ups”

On Insider today, Sarah Palin said that Chris Christie took the bull by the horns after the bridge scandal came to light and fired people right up front, noting that when you try and cover something up it always bites you in the butt. But she said Christie’s issues are small school compared to what others have done, referring to Hillary Clinton and Benghazi. When asked about Clinton running for president, she said:

“I think Hillary Clinton, she’s going to have so much to answer to when it comes to her position, especially as Secretary of State. The cover-ups there when innocent Americans, their lives were lost in a blundered bureaucratic mission.”

Flora Duh on March 29, 2014 at 7:19 AM