Quotes of the Day

posted at 8:01 pm on March 23, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

Thad Mercer, director of trading at a securities firm, came away a believer in Mr. Paul’s presidential prospects. “He was right on point,” Mr. Mercer said. “So many people dance around the question, never give you an answer. He’s a serious candidate in my eyes.”

And yet some Republicans say Mr. Paul needs to start acting more like one. They note that he does not have a political or fund-raising infrastructure to match his emerging national profile.

Mr. Paul has been working to change that, keeping a frenetic schedule more befitting a presidential candidate than a first-term senator. While his speeches before conservative audiences and on liberal campuses draw headlines, he also is trying to cultivate relationships with wealthy Republican contributors — vital in this pre-primary season.

He is slowly fusing the small-dollar donor base that contributed $41 million to the 2012 presidential campaign of his father, Ron, with the more traditional donors who raised millions for more mainstream candidates.

***

Here’s what I find interesting. The bad things that Johnson’s brother and daughter went through happened while drugs were illegal. In other words, they were endogenous to the drug war. So Rand Paul questions a policy that prevailed while those bad things happened and yet he is, presumably, regarded as insensitive for talking about them. What if Rand Paul had been a strong believer in the drug war and what if he had known about Johnson’s family tragedies? Would it then have been appropriate for him to have talked about his belief in the drug war? Maybe the idea is that you just shouldn’t talk about anything that could trigger any negative feelings in your host. If so, I get that. That’s a judgment call, but at least I get it.

But what so few people seem to understand is that virtually all their horror stories about drugs occurred during a time when drugs were illegal. That is not in itself a slam-dunk argument for legalization. Much more is needed to make the case against the drug war. But if all these horror stories occurred during the drug war, it is hard to see how people can so easily think that these horror stories are an argument for the drug war.

***

***

Is Rand Paul really “the most intriguing man in today’s Republican Party?”

That’s the assertion Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus made the other day, going beyond that to declare the US Senator from Kentucky “for Democrats, perhaps the most frightening” potential presidential candidate in 2016.

That election is light years away in political time, of course. Sen. Paul could trip over something, like the evidence of sloppy plagiarism in his past speeches and writings he was forced to acknowledge last year.

But really, compared with the other Republicans mentioned these days – Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, etc. (plus such 2012 also-rans as Rick Perry and Rick Santorum, both sniffing the presidential winds again) – he’s positively sparkly.

***

“Here’s a guy who’s got Neera Tanden and Newt Gingrich in agreement that he’s interesting and provocative — and so I definitely think Rand Paul gets the ‘most interesting Republican on the scene’ prize for the past year,” said Page, Washington bureau chief for USA Today.

Page said Paul is “clearly a factor” going into the 2016 elections.

“And if anyone thought he was just Ron Paul Two — that’s clearly not the case,” she said, referring to his father, who ran for the GOP nomination in 2008 and also ran for president in 1988 as a libertarian candidate. “He’s carving out his own identity, it’s distinctive. Sometimes he takes on Republicans, sometimes he takes on Democrats,” she said.

The libertarian-leaning senator is fresh off a speech at the historically liberal-leaning University of California at Berkeley, where he talked about the National Security Agency’s surveillance program and the Republican Party’s need for change.

***

In the case of political emotions—at least the kind set off by Marcus’s column—there’s not a whole lot of harm that will be done. Rand Paul’s backers will surely be circulating the clipping to raise funds and enthusiasm for their man; Democrats will, just as surely, circulate it in alarm to push their own agenda. The impact on Paul’s fortunes will likely be a wash.

There’s nothing wrong with giving transitory feelings a role in in-the-moment decision-making. It’s what pushes us to do brave and creative and scary things when simple prudence would dictate otherwise, and it does motivate us to get politically involved. But sometimes, standing still and doing nothing is just as smart. Right-now feelings belong in the brain’s front seat; they just don’t belong behind the wheel.

***

“Rand Paul recently made a comment that he thinks the Republican Party, in order to get bigger and not alienate young people, would have to agree to disagree on social issues,” the reporter asked Cruz. “Do you agree with Senator Paul on that?”

Cruz chose his words carefully.

“Look. I am a conservative,” he asserted. “I am a fiscal conservative, I am a social conservative. I think we’ve seen that in order for the Republican Party to succeed we need to be a big tent. We need to embrace American values, American values that have been present in our country . . . for centuries.”

“There are some who say the Republican Party should no longer stand for life,” he continued. “I don’t agree with that. There are some who say the Republican Party should no longer stand for traditional marriage. I don’t agree with them either. I think we should continue to defend our shared values.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

It froze all the time and needed the three finger salute reboot (alt+ctrl+delete} all the time. It was a mess and used Win98…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 12:45 AM

LoLz..At the time that didn’t seem to be a problem..Like I said early..I wised up..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Probably in one of those “hidden” files:-)

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Bwahahahah… you had to say… hidden files… Now you have reminded me of something I haven’t thought about in probably at least 10 or 15 years… back in the good ole days, we used to hide entire drives via obscure C/PM commands that were still active in the DOS Kernel.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Mine was a Timex/Sinclair ZX81
oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Mine was a VIC-20.
About a year later I picked up a ZX Spectrum.

And at an auction bought a bunch of surplus computer stuff at a University auction. One of the things was a big ol’ keyboard. There was enough room in it to put the whole board from the Spectrum, a serial port and a set of batteries to make a portable computer…. All I needed was a tv set for a monitor. Much fun ensued.

LegendHasIt on March 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Tenderly – Chet Baker

thatsafactjack on March 24, 2014 at 12:52 AM

bluefox on March 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM

It is extremely late.

The common “claim” is that his association with the “Tea Party” is ruining his poll numbers.

I don’t claim to agree with that, … I just don’t know.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 12:15 AM

The Chamber, McConnell, Cantor and the rest of these GOPe’s are planning on taking out our Conservative/Tea Party Candidates, so we need to use some wisdom.

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 12:53 AM

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 12:45 AM
LoLz..At the time that didn’t seem to be a problem..Like I said earlier..I wised up..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Sorry..Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 12:53 AM

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Oh, yeah the home phone, LOL I had forgotten about that!!

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 12:54 AM

…. All I needed was a tv set for a monitor. Much fun ensued.

LegendHasIt on March 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Monitors..Another area of vast improvement..My first monitor with the Gateway 2000 was almost as big as a TV set..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

thatsafactjack on March 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Missed that but also wish your family a good and fast recovery, Flora Duh.

Schadenfreude on March 24, 2014 at 12:57 AM

I was running Windows 2.1, yes, that’s right Windows 2.1 which was designed for the 286 processor. Yes, it was back in the early 90′s before the Internet existed. When AOL was still a dial up BBS server system.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I didn’t know they had Win2.1, sorry. AOL email drove me crazy! That and their just popping up saying they had installed …what?
You could never find out. I didn’t know that they still exist today.

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Still Got The Blues – Moore

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always.

Live in the moment.

“Keep yourselves where the light is.”

thatsafactjack on March 24, 2014 at 12:58 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 12:44 AM

I assume you “cut your teeth” on FORTRAN??..Would I be correct??..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM

No, BASIC and then COBOL and then FORTRAN, then Pascal, and finally C none of which I remember at all anymore. When I first started using a computer the operating system was UNIX. I went from UNIX to Tru64 to Solaris to C/PM to DR DOS to MS DOS, with side forays into OS2, BeOS, Linux OpenBSD BSD and a quick look at VMS, actually fell in love with the MS DOS/Windows platform because I really liked the file association system and the FAT16 drive encoding system. (I used to be a Steve Gibson fanatic)

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Mine was a VIC-20.

…..forgot about that….I had a VIC-20, too….

williamg on March 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM

thatsafactjack on March 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Missed that but also wish your family a good and fast recovery, Flora Duh.

Schadenfreude on March 24, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Ditto that..I wish them a speed recovery..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Oh, yeah the home phone, LOL I had forgotten about that!!

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 12:54 AM

That home phone was so important back then. Now, ironically, my home phone is reliant on the internet. I use a magic jack for my land line…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Much fun ensued.

LegendHasIt on March 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM

ROTFLMAO… Oh I can imagine, especially if you had a modem wired in somehow…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:00 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 12:58 AM

I hear you..How could I have left out BASIC and COBALT..I need another Beer..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Nite J. – write well, kill the bad ones, slowly, and play this in background :)

Schadenfreude on March 24, 2014 at 1:03 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 12:58 AM

I hear you..How could I have left out BASIC and COBALT..I need another Beer..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM

ROTFLMAO… I think you should pass your next beer over her… It’s COBOL not COBOLT… <— Pokes dire in the ribs…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Shit. Megyn Kelly is speculating about the missing flight again. Please STFU…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM

thatsafactjack on March 24, 2014 at 12:44 AM

I can’t remember where I read it, but Governor Walker cut funding for the Dream Act from his state’s budget. IMO, that doesn’t seem to jive with someone who “supports amnesty”. The gilled one knows about that, but always conveniently neglects to mention it. And thank you for the comment about my niece. She’s a strong kid, I have no doubt she’ll be back on her feet soon.

sure got quiet here suddenly…

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Strange how that always seems to happen when she’s called on to prove her lies, isn’t it?

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Thank you..*clink*..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:05 AM

My first computer was a Timex-Sinclair 1000. It had a whole 2K of memory. :) :) :)

I later moved up to a Commodore 64 with 64K of memory. That was sweet. :) :) :)

Theophile on March 24, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Schadenfreude on March 24, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Ditto that..I wish them a speed recovery..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated.

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 12:58 AM

I hear you..How could I have left out BASIC and COBOL..I need another Beer..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Sorry..fixed..Plus it is cheaper to fix than giving away all my beer!..:):)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

You could never find out. I didn’t know that they still exist today.

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Yea, most people never heard of Windows 2.1, I’m not sure it ever made it beyond Delta testing. It came on 4 5.2 floppies, was designed for monochrome monitors and ran on the 80286 processor.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM

…especially if you had a modem wired in somehow…
oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:00 AM

There were some 300 baud modems in the truckload of stuff I bought at that auction, but I never could figure out how to make it work….
Besides, I didn’t have anyone I could ‘call’ with it … That was a few years before Wildcat BBS came out, and amateur BBSes started to proliferate.

LegendHasIt on March 24, 2014 at 1:07 AM

I had some trouble finding a webpage that would display the Cruz video properly. Here is one that I found:

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Maybe some people had no trouble viewing the video on the page linked above, but that could be because they are using desktop computers. I do all of my browsing and commenting from my phone.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM

OT: Israeli Foreign Ministry workers go on strike, causing Israeli embassies and consulates to close. Rumor mill speculates this is a cover for something larger about to happen.

VorDaj on March 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Shit. Megyn Kelly is speculating about the missing flight again. Please STFU…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM

I understand your annoyance with the missing flight reporting..But please let Megyn Kelly speculate all she wants..:):)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:10 AM

*h/t thatsafactjack

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Do you think the Texas Tribune is trustworthy in their opinions?

They quote Cruz, but they certainly add their own opinion in a way to make it sound like he’s saying it.

I hope we aren’t helping the Establishment R’s, and the rest of our enemies.

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM

LegendHasIt on March 24, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Heh heh I ran a Wildcat BBS for several years. The record company/Underground Rave Club I owned back in the early 90′s was in an old carpet store, it had dual T-1 lines (for the phone extensions), they were legacy and allowed my BBS to have 48 separate phone lines.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Shit. Megyn Kelly is speculating about the missing flight again. Please STFU…
OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Why does that bother you so much?

And, by the way, what they are showing now are repeats from during the week. I believe that is what they usually do for Sunday nights, anyway.

Would you be happy if she didn’t speculate at all, or just if the amount of coverage time devoted to that story was greatly reduced?

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Hang in there..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Her primetime show never took off for me. I liked her better in the morning, although she is still hot…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM

, although she is still hot…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM

The relevant part of your sentence..:):)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM

STFU Hagfish. You promised not to respond to me…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Sarah also posted the above on her Facebook page.

The Senate Conservatives Fund also Endorsed Sasse.

I remember something on Osborn, but can’t place it at the moment.
Probably in one of those “hidden” files:-)

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 12:46 AM

He had a messy and nasty divorce about five yrs ago. I am leaning toward Ben Sasse…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 12:49 AM

We have to be on the lookout for the trojan horses, aka vote splitters that the R’s are putting in races.

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Here’s a video, which also is due a h/t to Jackie.

Ted Cruz on immigration reform at Tribune Festival 2013

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:17 AM

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I think Megan Kelly is amazing. Her show is, by far, one of the most watchable for me. She is sharp and keeps things moving fast. I learn a lot by watching her show.

Greta sometimes puts me to sleep. Sean isn’t always the sharpest. And he repeats himself a lot. O’Reilly just likes to hear himself talk. I do like Bret Baer, though.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Here’s a video, which also is due a h/t to Jackie.

Ted Cruz on immigration reform at Tribune Festival 2013

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Bablefish will not see it, she can only see what she get’s paid to spread FUD about.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM

There you go again…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:20 AM

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Not here in Nebraska. We are pretty solid…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Heh heh I ran a Wildcat BBS for several years. ….my BBS to have 48 separate phone lines.
oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Wow. I started mine with just the one home phone line. That didn’t last long, had to get a second for the BBS.

I remember it having to be online for two days, solid downloading a scanned photo from some hottie-nerd chick

LegendHasIt on March 24, 2014 at 1:22 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Changing gears a little bit..Remember the Texas Instruments TI-1000??..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:26 AM

VorDaj on March 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Do you have a link for that, please?

LegendHasIt on March 24, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Changing gears a little bit..Remember the Texas Instruments TI-1000??..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:26 AM

I remember that. I was out of High School then, but it ruined math class…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:28 AM

LegendHasIt on March 24, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Sigh… that is definitely one of the things about the old days that I do not miss. My BBS was up all the time, or as close as I could keep it to all the time. But yea, I remember those “large” file transfers, talk about a major pain in the ass… Oh hell no you are no uploading a 10 megabyte file onto my BBS…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Here’s a good read…

Elitism, Not Liberalism, Is The Real Problem

PointnClick on March 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Excuse me, Oscar Meyer wiener, but I have already seen that video. I’m sorry you’re mad because you don’t like hearing facts, but you shouldn’t take it out on me or others here.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 1:11 AM
P
Here’s a video, which also is due a h/t to Jackie.

Ted Cruz on immigration reform at Tribune Festival 2013

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:17 AM

I’ll take a look at it tomorrow as I have Flash shut down so I can type on HA, LOL Most everything Cruz says is on Breitbart.

Actually, I’m trying to get my info together for the 2014 races.
We should be concentrating on that, because I can assure you the Chamber of Commerce, Boehner, McConnell, Cantor and all of the other R’s are & against us!

If you had a chance to see what the GOP did to Scott Wagner in PA this week, everyone should understand that is exactly what they will be doing in 2014.

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM

…I don’t even care about the lies…that is always obvious.
It is ‘character’ that matters with me…and you have experienced that ‘mean’ character trait…as well as other actions where I have seen that ‘personality’ expose itself…going out of its way to inflict poison…she’s a mean b!tch!…I’m just quiet about it…and let others admire… her ‘feistiness’!
*farts out loud*

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:28 AM

LoLz..Boy we thought that was going to solve all our math class problems..:):)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:31 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Well la. dee. dah. Do you think that makes you special or something?

“A majority of the public now owns a smartphone, and mobile devices are playing an increasingly central role in the way that Americans access online services and information,” said Aaron Smith, a Senior Researcher at the Pew Research Center’s Internet Project. Source

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:31 AM

STFU Hagfish. You promised not to respond to me…
OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM

I’m sorry, but I promised you nothing. I do not take orders from you or PranceMan or Drool-Aide. Get that straight.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:31 AM

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Hat tip to the MSU Spartans on the “sweet 16″..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:32 AM

…I don’t even care about the lies…that is always obvious.
*farts out loud*
KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:09 AM

You just get easier and easier to revile. Do you do that by design?

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Do you love being the pariah you are? That’s what you are. HA hates your fishy guts…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM

And what is this question that I am supposed to answer? I can’t keep up with the entire conversation. I am not even at home and I am doing many things at once. Is it about Flora making excuses for Marco? I remember an exchange between her and Illinidiva, of all people, who actually now kind of supports Rubio.

Flora snapped back at ‘Diva, who criticized Rubio over something or another, and Flora said something like: “how dare you criticize MY senator, blah blah blah.”

But, if Flora has stopped making excuses for Marco, then great. It’s about time.

And my being mean? Consider the tone directed at me.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

So then you agree that what Scott Walker said about immigration reform is not any different that what Ted Cruz said about immigration reform. That’s progress.

but

Flora, are you still making excuses for Marco Rubio?

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 10:49 PM

We’re still waiting for you to produce the proof of that accusation.

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM

…oh…B I S H O P…!!!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Thank you . . . . . I needed that laugh … : )

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 1:38 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Changing gears a little bit..Remember the Texas Instruments TI-1000??..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Not really, but I did have a TI-35 when I was in college taking physics.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:38 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

…the hour glass is still running…longer than your attention span…take Oscar Meyer out of your mouth…and supply the proof Duh asked for!…rub off your little phone and fog up your goggles…and give us the link…………..sweetie!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Consider the tone directed at me.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Ever consider that it might be because you spread out and out bullshit like this?

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:40 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:18 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Yea yea, whatever, I understand that you have to get a certain number of FUD posts in or you wont get paid… Now… piss off…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Circling the drain again…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 1:40 AM

It happened. I have a pretty good memory. It was awhile ago, though.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM

It was either right before or right after the election. ‘Diva was annoying everyone with her pessimism, and many thought she was a Moby.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:45 AM

…well here!….concentrate on me!Hey, DroolAid2, you sure are one to talk about “character.” Half of your comments on this site are nothing but vile, personal insults. I am surprised you have lasted as long as you have here, frankly. But, that is none of my business. Your comments speak for themselves.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM

…give me some examples!…have I ever told you …to blow me?…I wouldn’t let you do that to my dead dog…when it was in heat!…so what are you talking about?

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 1:45 AM

bluefox on March 23, 2014 at 11:10 PM

It is extremely late.

I don’t claim to agree with that, … I just don’t know.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 12:15 AM

bluefox on March 24, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Agreed.

Most of the criticism I’ve heard has been from members of my family whom I would categorize as “Tea Party” members, but the articles I linked to by way of search-engine all seemed to be blaming Gov Corbett’s association with the Tea Party.

I thought the Governor was wrong in the way he responded to the PSU/Sandusky scandal, but that’s the only first-hand criticism I have of him now.

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 1:46 AM

It happened. I have a pretty good memory. It was awhile ago, though.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM

…..hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! HA HA!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM

But, anyway, that’s not even the point. It doesn’t even matter to me who said what to whom.

As for what the candidates have said and done about amnesty, I am accumulating a lot of things and will be putting it all together in one place. I will be sure to post a link to it all. There is a lot.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM

And my being mean? Consider the tone directed at me.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM

…laughter?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah HA HA!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 1:49 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014

Q U I C K !
…get to a big a$s desk computer!…I’m tired of you using the ‘thingy’ as an excuse!
H U R R Y !

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 1:52 AM

But, anyway, that’s not even the point.
bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM

We know what your point is, it is to destroy republican candidates by spreading Fear Uncertainty and Doubt. Divide and conquer, you’ll have to come back some other time, nobody here is falling for your carp…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:53 AM

…I flipped over the hour glass!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 1:53 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Hagfish is shitting all over the place but it ain’t effective…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:56 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:41 AM

roflmao..Here we go..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:56 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Just STFU you loony troll…

OmahaConservative on March 24, 2014 at 1:58 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:55 AM

I entered college back in 1980, trying to do physic’s equations by long hand even back then meant not finishing tests on time. I couldn’t use that damned TI-35 now unless I spent weeks relearning how it operated all over again.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:59 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:41 AM

roflmao..Here we go..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Some people just don’t know when they are not winning.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:05 AM

….in the order I learned them – I think:

BASIC (1969 HS Class), Fortran IV, JCL, COBOL, g-level FORTRAN, DOS, C+, dBase, SQL, Oracle…..

….plus a dash of Machine Language and a few other things………..

williamg on March 24, 2014 at 2:04 AM

…oh, and – how could I forget?!!: JOVIAL

williamg on March 24, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Some people just don’t know when they are not winning.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 2:00 AM

……Charlie Sheen?

williamg on March 24, 2014 at 2:06 AM

It happened. I have a pretty good memory. It was awhile ago, though.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:45 AM

Come on gilled one, you had no trouble finding one of ALT’s old comments, you even posted how to do it through Google, so I’m sure you can find the proof I said what you’ve accused me of saying.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Oh no you don’t. You don’t get to come in here and spread a LIE about me and then make one of your hasty retreats. Not without showing yourself to be the lying bitch that you most of us know that you are.

#WAR

As for the regulars here, does “how dare you criticize MY senator” sound like something I would say, or something a whackadoo would lie and make up that I said?

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 2:08 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 2:00 AM

……Charlie Sheen?

williamg on March 24, 2014 at 2:06 AM

Bablefish…

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 2:08 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:45 AM

…WHO?…name one!…come on!

I am not even at home and I am doing many things at once

…quick!…go home!…it is after 2 AM!…don’t do ‘many things’….just do them two at a time!…tell me how I’m ‘vile’ to you…and make me stop turning over the hour glass!…I’ll go to sleep…so you have time!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Some people just don’t know when they are not winning.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 2:00 AM

……Charlie Sheen?

williamg on March 24, 2014 at 2:06 AM

* * Rim-shot * *

listens2glenn on March 24, 2014 at 2:11 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:59 AM

…….not for me….then again, it was 1974……….could really work a Sliderule! Had a circular one!

Pretty much needed a calculator by ’75…..or you didn’t finish

LOVED my TI-35!!……Could still use it……Hated the “reverse polish” of the HP-65!

Oh, LOOK!! He can really JAM on that HP-65!!!…..

…..I think he was one of the EE Profs!…..

williamg on March 24, 2014 at 2:11 AM

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 1:59 AM

rofl..I know what you mean..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 2:12 AM

…think I’m having trouble with the ‘quote’ and ‘strong’ box tonight? (:->)

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM

It happened. I have a pretty good memory. It was awhile ago, though.

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:45 AM

bluegill on March 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Oh no you don’t. You don’t get to come in here and spread a LIE about me and then make one of your hasty retreats. Not without showing yourself to be the lying b*tch that you most of us know that you are.

#WAR

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Pretty much needed a calculator by ’75…..or you didn’t finish

LOVED my TI-35!!……Could still use it……Hated the “reverse polish” of the HP-65!

Oh, LOOK!! He can really JAM on that HP-65!!!…..

…..I think he was one of the EE Profs!…..

williamg on March 24, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Nothing like a test with only 4 equations on it, but their all differential calculus requiring proofs… <—- Aggggg time to pull all of your hair out, and only 1 hour to answer them all.

oscarwilde on March 24, 2014 at 2:15 AM

….plus a dash of Machine Language and a few other things………..

williamg on March 24, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Very impressive..I will say that you can definitely talk the computer programming language..You definitely have skills..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Banned by Cher.

Murphy9 on March 24, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Flora Duh on March 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Give him\her He!! Flora Duh..:):)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Hat tip to the MSU Spartans on the “sweet 16″..:)

Dire Straits on March 24, 2014 at 1:32 AM

…do you notice how they let everybody come back…and make a game of it…and try to give me a bleeding ulcer?
…U of M is doing well too!
Today I was pulling for Kansas and Wichita State…went bust on those two!

KOOLAID2 on March 24, 2014 at 2:21 AM