Quotes of the Day

posted at 8:01 pm on March 23, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

Thad Mercer, director of trading at a securities firm, came away a believer in Mr. Paul’s presidential prospects. “He was right on point,” Mr. Mercer said. “So many people dance around the question, never give you an answer. He’s a serious candidate in my eyes.”

And yet some Republicans say Mr. Paul needs to start acting more like one. They note that he does not have a political or fund-raising infrastructure to match his emerging national profile.

Mr. Paul has been working to change that, keeping a frenetic schedule more befitting a presidential candidate than a first-term senator. While his speeches before conservative audiences and on liberal campuses draw headlines, he also is trying to cultivate relationships with wealthy Republican contributors — vital in this pre-primary season.

He is slowly fusing the small-dollar donor base that contributed $41 million to the 2012 presidential campaign of his father, Ron, with the more traditional donors who raised millions for more mainstream candidates.

***

Here’s what I find interesting. The bad things that Johnson’s brother and daughter went through happened while drugs were illegal. In other words, they were endogenous to the drug war. So Rand Paul questions a policy that prevailed while those bad things happened and yet he is, presumably, regarded as insensitive for talking about them. What if Rand Paul had been a strong believer in the drug war and what if he had known about Johnson’s family tragedies? Would it then have been appropriate for him to have talked about his belief in the drug war? Maybe the idea is that you just shouldn’t talk about anything that could trigger any negative feelings in your host. If so, I get that. That’s a judgment call, but at least I get it.

But what so few people seem to understand is that virtually all their horror stories about drugs occurred during a time when drugs were illegal. That is not in itself a slam-dunk argument for legalization. Much more is needed to make the case against the drug war. But if all these horror stories occurred during the drug war, it is hard to see how people can so easily think that these horror stories are an argument for the drug war.

***

***

Is Rand Paul really “the most intriguing man in today’s Republican Party?”

That’s the assertion Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus made the other day, going beyond that to declare the US Senator from Kentucky “for Democrats, perhaps the most frightening” potential presidential candidate in 2016.

That election is light years away in political time, of course. Sen. Paul could trip over something, like the evidence of sloppy plagiarism in his past speeches and writings he was forced to acknowledge last year.

But really, compared with the other Republicans mentioned these days – Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, etc. (plus such 2012 also-rans as Rick Perry and Rick Santorum, both sniffing the presidential winds again) – he’s positively sparkly.

***

“Here’s a guy who’s got Neera Tanden and Newt Gingrich in agreement that he’s interesting and provocative — and so I definitely think Rand Paul gets the ‘most interesting Republican on the scene’ prize for the past year,” said Page, Washington bureau chief for USA Today.

Page said Paul is “clearly a factor” going into the 2016 elections.

“And if anyone thought he was just Ron Paul Two — that’s clearly not the case,” she said, referring to his father, who ran for the GOP nomination in 2008 and also ran for president in 1988 as a libertarian candidate. “He’s carving out his own identity, it’s distinctive. Sometimes he takes on Republicans, sometimes he takes on Democrats,” she said.

The libertarian-leaning senator is fresh off a speech at the historically liberal-leaning University of California at Berkeley, where he talked about the National Security Agency’s surveillance program and the Republican Party’s need for change.

***

In the case of political emotions—at least the kind set off by Marcus’s column—there’s not a whole lot of harm that will be done. Rand Paul’s backers will surely be circulating the clipping to raise funds and enthusiasm for their man; Democrats will, just as surely, circulate it in alarm to push their own agenda. The impact on Paul’s fortunes will likely be a wash.

There’s nothing wrong with giving transitory feelings a role in in-the-moment decision-making. It’s what pushes us to do brave and creative and scary things when simple prudence would dictate otherwise, and it does motivate us to get politically involved. But sometimes, standing still and doing nothing is just as smart. Right-now feelings belong in the brain’s front seat; they just don’t belong behind the wheel.

***

“Rand Paul recently made a comment that he thinks the Republican Party, in order to get bigger and not alienate young people, would have to agree to disagree on social issues,” the reporter asked Cruz. “Do you agree with Senator Paul on that?”

Cruz chose his words carefully.

“Look. I am a conservative,” he asserted. “I am a fiscal conservative, I am a social conservative. I think we’ve seen that in order for the Republican Party to succeed we need to be a big tent. We need to embrace American values, American values that have been present in our country . . . for centuries.”

“There are some who say the Republican Party should no longer stand for life,” he continued. “I don’t agree with that. There are some who say the Republican Party should no longer stand for traditional marriage. I don’t agree with them either. I think we should continue to defend our shared values.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 7

FRIDAY-and I’m not inclined to vote for Rand Paul.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:03 PM

BOO………

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:03 PM

ratso!

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2014 at 8:04 PM

AllahPundit is back tomorrow.

cat_owner on March 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hey alt :)…

I still am unsure of Paul… tho he is better than any prog the other side can put up, still, I believe we the people need to pick our candidate/s and not allow the repubs or the media to push their choice on us, we have to stand firm!!

Good evening to all as you arrive ;D

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I prefer Cruz.

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Are Paul and Cruz twins? This blog was going fine until I saw and Cruz chose his word carefully. Who gives a crap. I resent this attempt by this website to try to link them. They are not the same people. I would be very angry at Paul if he really thought that Cruz is his friend. No one could be that stupid. So Hotair stop trying to rape every Rand Paul entry with a Ted Cruz quote.

coolrepublica on March 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Tool: Schism

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Paul wouldn’t be my first choice, but I welcome his presence and outreach efforts.

22044 on March 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Calling all Wenches, Rude Buffoons and loons…

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM

My first choice still Perry. I also like Pence and Palin.
Cruz for senate majority leader.
Jindal fell of my list after he appeared squishy on immigration.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Evening everyone.

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I am listening to Pink Floyd night on Sirius/XM!!

Woohoo!!

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:10 PM

So Hotair stop trying to rape every Rand Paul entry with a Ted Cruz quote.

coolrepublica on March 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Is that “rape rape”? Hello HotAir!

KCB on March 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Rand Paul supports illegal alien amnesty. Look here how he is so dismissive of conservatives who believe in immigration law enforcement. He derides them as out-of-touch and uses the leftist line that we now have “de facto amnesty” if we don’t “normalize” illegal aliens:

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

All I know is that from ground level on up, we all need to elect strong conservatives to office, whether to a local city/town office or state, we gotta be sure we know who we are voting for!!

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Page said Paul is “clearly a factor” going into the 2016 elections.

But we are just barely going into the 2014 elections. And by barely I mean that it still has that new election smell to it.

There is plent of time for Rand Paul’s crazy daddy to undermine his aspirations of even running in 2016.

Happy Nomad on March 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Barb, congrats on the delegate selection!

KCB on March 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM

@bluegill you again. stop trying to make ted cruz happen. he had his time. get over it.

coolrepublica on March 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Right on! he spouting leftist garbage and towing their party meme to the letter…

I have my doubts about Paul also, thanks for posting BG! :)

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM

So far I would be happy with Cruz, Paul or Jindal. I know you all think Kasich is a RINO and maybe he is but I live in Ohio and he has done an excellent job as governor in spite of having to battle the central government. He would be a good manager and that’s what we need. Jindal is another one.

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM

That’s the part of the 2010 elections which people tend to overlook. It was great what happened with Congress and all but the real victory was the number of local and state upsets. This is what has the Dems so afraid of the Tea Party. They can control the damage with idiots like McCain helping them. Not so much when they lose control of state legislatures.

Happy Nomad on March 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Jindal has proven himself to be a great manager, I keep my eye on him…

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I think I’ll wait until I know who is running. I still hope Pence will run.

KCB on March 23, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Another here Rand Paul says that the GOP can still win, even after mass illegal alien amnesty. Not to worry about that, says Paul:

Is this someone we’d want as president? Is this who we’re supposed to go out and fight to get elected? Someone who endorses McConnell and is willing to throw away the country by signing into law devastating, mass illegal alien amnesty, which would only encourage more illegal immigration and eventually change the country’s voter base forever?

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Happy Nomad on March 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM

We can make change at ground level first, and sweep in the rest as time permits, we can win many small battles that way, and finally have victory on the national state level!

We all need to pay attention also on local levels to judges we elect into local/state office also…

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM

In the unlikely event there is an election in 2016 we need to stop nitpicking little things we don’t like about candidates and pick the ones that have the right attitude and who mean well.

Right now we need to worry about the task at hand. We don’t have until then to do something. The storm troopers are at the door.

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Calling all Wenches, Rude Buffoons and loons…

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Doc Holliday, 1st Rude Buffons, Easy Company, reporting for duty. Just got back from the shooting range with Lady Doc. Great way to spend the afternoon. Hope everyone is well!

Doc Holliday on March 23, 2014 at 8:20 PM

@Starlink I want you to go to the two article Rand Paul wrote about his foreign policy and I want you to come back and give us a point by point of what you think he said that make you he would isolate America from the world and turn it into North Korea. After all that is what isolationism means. look it up in Websters. When people starts spuing nonsense it’s good to at least have something to back it up. I could scream all day that the sky is green, but me just screaming it doesn’t not make it true.

coolrepublica on March 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hi Doc!

KCB on March 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I, for one, would love to know what the question was.

unclesmrgol on March 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Greetings Ken!

Doc Holliday on March 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Rand Paul, Open borders amnesty hack who will destroy conservatism for generations, if it can ever recover from his desire to create 10 to 20 million net new Democrat votes. Add tens of millions of new members to the welfare state. Add tens of millions to the refundable tax credits scam. Add tens of millions to the Social Security and Medicare Ponzi Schemes. And incentivize another few tens of millions of new illegal aliens to jump the border to get in line for the next amnesty.

astonerii on March 23, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Just what I said. Get down and dirty now and get the 2016 stars out of your eyes. Scrumpy sees the reality.

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:23 PM

cat_owner on March 23, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Oh goodie! I wonder if’n AP’s credit report will be in tomorrow…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Hey Doc…

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2014 at 8:23 PM

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I think we’re too quick to use the term RINO for ordinary dissent on a particular issue. It all comes down to overall track record. Kasich isn’t a favortite of mine (nor is Jindal who I helped elect to congress the first time and voted for governor later on). But I could vote for them without necessarily applying the term RINO.

Ted Cruz is still my first pick because he is consistent

Happy Nomad on March 23, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Calling all Wenches, Rude Buffoons and loons…

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

I’m one of the loons, Right?

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Odd…Never smelled a cat that smelled like that. Basement tonight too?

KCB on March 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM

He also went Godwin asking if our solution is to round them up and put them in concentration camps. Another lovely regressive false argument.

astonerii on March 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Rand Paul says that TX and other currently-solid red states will be up for grabs in a decade regardless of whether we pass amnesty, so Republicans should just accept it and not fight the push for amnesty:

Go to 1:55 in the above video. He has already thrown in the towel!

Rand Paul is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Immigration law enforcement is a winning issue to run on. I want someone who will stand up to the smears and media mischaracterizations, not someone who will cave and refuse to fight. If mass illegal alien amnesty is passed, you can eventually forget about ever again electing a conservative president.

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I believe some tend to not like Paul because he isn’t like what we see as a politician. He doesn’t say the things we are used to hearing a politician say. We need to think out of the box and look at him in a different way.

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Heh. Never saw that before…

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM

KCB on March 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Thank you!
I have a work friend who was a delegate to the Texas Dim convention some years ago.
He seems to think that I’ll have a great time.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I thought Ratso would like that one… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM

It has become a winning issue in Europe.

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I have issues w/ Rand because I worry that he’s ‘inherited’ Herr Doktor’s foreign policy views.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Really great article over at some wild mirrored place, :)

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Steve Winwood – Arc of a Diver

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

One of my faves.

KCB on March 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

He seems to think that I’ll have a great time.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM

When is the convention?

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Oh, he sure as hell is a politician.
I look at him out of the box. I tend to look at him as if I am looking at Eddie Haskell on leave it to beaver. Is that far enough out of the box for you?

astonerii on March 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Upon reflection, Herr Doktor’s foreign policy views (to me, anyway) amount to not sticking our nose in where it doesn’t belong.

However, with the amount of treaties we’re a party of, that’s somewhat hard to do…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

KCB on March 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Thank you! The things one finds out when one posts to something… :-D

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:31 PM

It has become a winning issue in Europe.
crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Yep! In France (le pen), Britain, Netherlands, Sweden, etc. those not in favor of open borders are smeared as “far right” racist bigots, but many voters there are seeing through the smears. The Muslim invasion there is causing many to rethink multiculturalism.

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Ron Paul is anti-Israel. Ron Paul is a Jew-hater.
Right now-I don’t trust that his son doesn’t share those tendencies.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Really great article over at some wild mirrored place, :)

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I hear that a new one was posted just minutes ago But it would probably upset delicate sensibilities around about these parts, whoever it is writing that stuff, dude is seriously crazy…… <— Insert evil maniacal laughter here…

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I’m one of the loons, Right?

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

oscarwilde: Unless,..your a Canadian Loon,..er wait,..(sarc):)

canopfor on March 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Although I liked some of Ron Paul’s views, I have learned over time not to trust implicitly someone who doesn’t speak in complete, coherent sentences.

I watched a couple of NetRoots conventions on C-Span. Trust me–Republicans have a much better grasp of sentence structure and speechifyin’ off the cuff.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I would love to see conservatives rally around Ted Cruz if he runs. Oh, how I hope he (or another similarly talented conservative) runs. He absolutely must.

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I’m not that crazy about Paul. I’m just saying don’t blame him for his father and withhold judgement. He may be the only one left by 2016. God forbid.

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

canopfor on March 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Are you suggesting Oscar is, shall we say, flighty?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Fear, uncertainty and doubt

Fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) is a tactic used in sales, marketing, public relations,[1][2] politics and propaganda.

FUD is generally a strategic attempt to influence perception by disseminating negative and dubious or false information. An individual firm, for example, might use FUD to invite unfavorable opinions and speculation about a competitor’s product; to increase the general estimation of switching costs among current customers; or to maintain leverage over a current business partner who could potentially become a rival.

The term originated to describe disinformation tactics in the computer hardware industry but has since been used more broadly.[3][dubious – discuss] FUD is a manifestation of the appeal to fear.

Figure it out folks, before you are conned and deceived.

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I am inclined to agree with you, we are not about nation building, as I see it, nor should we be, we also should not be the ‘police’ for the world, when ever somthing happens, and have our govt pick and choose whom they back, I am all for letting nations get on with their own business, but as you pointed out, we have treatys, and we should honour them, O doesn’t honour any that I can see, only because he wants us to be diminished in others eyes…

Paul may well prove well suited to some office, but I am not sure about a presidency…

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I’m one of the loons, Right?

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

No. You are one of the Rude Buffoons…

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM

true, best hush I guess :)

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I’m not going to get all that excited about who’s running until approximately Feb 2016. By then, most of the rumours will have been proven or disproven.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

June 5-7 in Cowtown.
Alex will attending the Young Conservatives of Texas convention a week from Thursday,also in Cowtown. In fact-I think both conventions are being held at the same venue.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I’m one of the loons, Right?

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

No. You are one of the Rude Buffoons…

OmahaConservative on March 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Does this mean I’m not looney?

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM

true, best hush I guess :)

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Yup, and what ever you do… Do not look for the Axe period trick in that post… <—- Insert evil laughter here…

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Well stated, Scrumpy! One thing that’s been bothering me more and more is how Europe has been able to follow a socialist dream while we’ve pretty much been the ones to foot the bill for their defense. We have so many bases/stations over there!

God Help Europe if, for some reason, OUR economy collapses and we have to withdraw OUR troops from THEIR boundaries.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

More insideous than that IMO.

You’ve got the philosphical reasoning correct but it isn’t just about the treaties. It is about the fact you can’t be a global world leader without engaging. China, for example, was largely inert on the world stage before it started building a blue water navy and otherwise wanted to become something more than a source for cheap goods.

The Paul family essentially advocates we withdraw from any engagement in the world that does not directly impact the United States. Like it our not, protecting Ukraine is in the national interest even if the Pauls and the left are willing to let Russia dominiate Europe.

Happy Nomad on March 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM

rands gonna be hair today but gone tomorrow.

renalin on March 23, 2014 at 8:41 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

[pats Oscar on his head...gives Oscar a Shirley Temple...adds to AP's tab under "Community Relations"...]

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Oh right oh I shan’t ;;)

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Son of Samuel Culper Jr., and I want that M1 Garand.

It’s owner has/had the same name as I.

I,II,III, all served.

Everyone grubbing for the money. I just want my Grand dads rifle.

Seems a humble request.

wolly4321 on March 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM

canopfor on March 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Are you suggesting Oscar is, shall we say, flighty?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Newtie and the Beauty:Lol, could be:)

canopfor on March 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM

But I want to know who supports amnesty and who doesn’t.

Of course they will all claim to oppose it, but amnesty by another name is still amnesty. Already we have people trying to make excuses for Scott Walker’s repeated (and in the last year and on video) expressions of support for illegal alien amnesty.

We need to nominate conservatives. I will only support people who believe in immigration law enforcement and who oppose illegal alien amnesty.

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Europe’s immigrant problem is a bit different from ours. The way I understand it they were invited in originally because they did the work Europeans were too lazy to do. Polish People are excellent workers. The problem is they have allowed people like Gypsies and Muslims in for PC purposes and in a lot of cases immigrants are getting things like housing that citizens can’t get. They are being pushed to the front of the line.

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:43 PM

can’t see myself voting for him due to his immigration stuff but I do value his input.

dmacleo on March 23, 2014 at 8:43 PM

stop trying to make ted cruz happen. he had his time.

coolrepublica on March 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM

What did I miss? What happened to Cruz?

Mimzey on March 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Happy Nomad on March 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Are you suggesting that protecting Ukraine is in our best interests via, say, energy production, and a conservation of our resources of same?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Son of Samuel Culper Jr., and I want that M1 Garand.

It’s owner has/had the same name as I.

I,II,III, all served.

Everyone grubbing for the money. I just want my Grand dads rifle.

Seems a humble request.

wolly4321 on March 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM

wolly4321:0
============

HeatherGrantNC Heather Grant Oct 27
I am an American and a Patriot. I will not be silenced. It is my responsibility to #MakeDCListen. #ncsen #tcot pic.twitter.com/VI78xqxlmx

canopfor on March 23, 2014 at 7:47 PM

canopfor on March 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:39 PM

^5 on that :)

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM

stop trying to make ted cruz happen. he had his time.

coolrepublica on March 23, 2014 at 8:14 PM

What did I miss? What happened to Cruz?

Mimzey on March 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Read very carefully…

Fear, uncertainty and doubt

Figure it out folks, before you are conned and deceived.

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM

What did I miss? What happened to Cruz?
Mimzey on March 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Absolutely nothing. Cruz would absolutely demolish pro-amnesty Rand Paul in the primaries, if he runs, and the Paul fanboys and fangirls know it.

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Malaysia Airlines flight missing, March 2014
2m
===

Photo: Map details planned search area for missing Malaysia Airlines plane after debris reportedly spotted on satellites – @STForeignDesk
see original on twitter.com

canopfor on March 23, 2014 at 8:46 PM

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:43 PM

It’s still about 14 months before primary season begins, Bluegill, and much can happen between now and then.

I’m just saying I prefer to be patient and see what/who shakes out, that’s all.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Figure it out folks, before you are conned and deceived.
oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Exactly.

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Everyone grubbing for the money. I just want my Grand dads rifle.

Seems a humble request.

wolly4321 on March 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Seems reasonable to me.

kcewa on March 23, 2014 at 8:47 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:39 PM

^5 on that :)

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Like I said, dude is nuttier than squirrel poop… <— Insert knowing look here…

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Figure it out folks, before you are conned and deceived.
oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Exactly.

bluegill on March 23, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Shut up fud pusher…

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Cruz would be great but you know he will be beat up on relentlessly and there will be law suits before the Supreme Court because he wasn’t born in the US.

crankyoldlady on March 23, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I am listening to Pink Floyd night on Sirius/XM!!

Woohoo!!

Scrumpy on March 23, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Scrumpy:You is bad,..me groov’n to da FLIRTS:)

THE FLIRTS – HELPLESS(CUT,1984)

canopfor on March 23, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Everyone grubbing for the money. I just want my Grand dads rifle.

Seems a humble request.

wolly4321 on March 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Humble, reasonable, and doesn’t really remove anything from anyone else’s share.

I’d go for it, Wolly.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM

oscarwilde on March 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Thanks..kinda what I figured. I was just pokin’ at it.

Mimzey on March 23, 2014 at 8:51 PM