Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on March 21, 2014 by Erika Johnsen

Americans consider Hillary Clinton’s gender, more than her actual experience, as the most positive thing about having her in the Oval Office come 2016, a Gallup poll has found.

Eighteen percent of survey respondents cited Clinton being the first female president as the top reason to elect her. Half as many named her experience. On the flip side, only 4 percent answered “don’t want a woman president” as the biggest negative of a Hillary Clinton presidency. …

Democrats were overwhelmingly more enthusiastic about her becoming the nation’s first female president. Thirty percent — compared to 17 and 11 percent of independents and Republicans, respectively — cited this as the foremost positive.

***

While the GOP is more divided than usual this cycle, Democrats are more united. Hillary Clinton has 67 percent in the polls, more than the top five Republicans’ average support combined. Clinton is polling stronger than any contender in the modern era on either side, including incumbent presidents George H.W. Bush in 1992 and Jimmy Carter in 1980. For non-incumbents, Ronald Reagan in 1980 and Al Gore in 2000, each with 45 percent support at this point, come closest to Clinton. …

Polls conducted more than two years before a presidential election don’t tell us all that much about the eventual vote percentages. But they do tell us that the Democratic and Republican fields for 2016 each look very unusual at this point in the race. The Republican picture is unusually muddled, and the Democratic picture is unusually clear.

***

The claim has hardened into accepted fact among many Democratic operatives: Hillary Clinton is freezing the Democratic 2016 field as she waits until possibly late this year to decide on another presidential run. It’s virtually impossible for anyone other than Clinton to raise money or build a campaign infrastructure, the thinking goes, with Clinton hovering overhead.

Yet Clinton’s allies believe it’s not true — and increasingly they are saying so. In fact, they argue the opposite: that the former first lady is shielding other prospective Democratic contenders from months of attacks and scrutiny they’d probably face without her in the picture. There’s simply no need for Clinton to start a campaign this early, they say.

“I don’t buy it at all. It’s crazy,” William Daley, former chief of staff for President Barack Obama, said of complaints about her timetable. “Maybe they’re all better off … whoever jumps in will have instant analysis, attention … Most of these people have day jobs. That’s the most important thing for them” to do right now.

***

The super PACs, like Ready For Hillary, know this very well. And even though they still don’t have a candidate, they are busy crafting a storyline for Clinton that would emphasize her background. At a recent event, the group featured a video montage of Clinton photos backed by Katy Perry’s “Roar.”  Lyrics:  “I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire / ‘Cause I am a champion, and you’re gonna hear me roar. Louder, louder than a lion / ‘Cause I am a champion, and you’re gonna hear me roar!”  (Sure sounds like the modern-day remix or at least a play on Helen Reddy’s 1971  feminist call-to-arms “I Am Woman,” and a certain generation is sure to hear it that way.)

***

Hillary Clinton has begun laying out foreign-policy positions that sound a more hard-line note on Iran, Russia and other global trouble spots than is coming from President Barack Obama, underscoring how she might differentiate herself from the administration she served, should she run for president.

The former secretary of state this week voiced doubts that Iran would make good on an agreement that Mr. Obama hopes will curb that country’s nuclear program in exchange for relief from sanctions.

Mrs. Clinton, speaking to the American Jewish Congress in New York, said that she was “personally skeptical that the Iranians would follow through and deliver” on the nuclear deal reached last year.

***

Nixon served Eisenhower, who left office (via Gallup) with a 59 percent approval rating. George H.W. Bush served Reagan, who left office with a 63 percent approval rating. Gore served Bill Clinton, who left office at 66 percent approval. Humphrey served Lyndon Johnson, who left with 49 percent approval.

We don’t know where Barack Obama will fall on that list. But he’s struggling now, and this is of particular concern for Biden because his likely opponent, Hillary Clinton, has already left the administration and can thus, in classic Clinton form, ditch unpopular policies and pretend to have had strong strategic instincts from the beginning. Biden cannot.

For example, Biden announced the administration’s “reset” with Russia, which turned out to be an appalling fiasco. But Clinton, as the nation’s chief diplomat, took high-profile stewardship of the reset. The disastrous policy still follows Biden around, as he must survey the wreckage of his administration’s failures and try to contain the damage. Clinton mocked Mitt Romney’s contention about Russia’s geopolitical threat to America, but now, freed from the administration, she can simply pretend she isn’t totally and catastrophically naïve about Russia…

***

Mrs. Clinton will turn 69 years old just before Election Day 2016, which would make her the second-oldest president after Ronald Reagan, who was also 69 and a few months on Election Day.

By and large, the Democrats have put up younger nominees in recent years. In 1992, Bill Clinton, Mrs. Clinton’s husband, was 46 when he was elected, and Barack Obama was 47 in 2008.  Al Gore was 52 when he ran unsuccessfully in 2000, and John Kerry, the Democrat’s 2004 nominee, was 60 at the time.

If she decides to run, Mrs. Clinton will likely face a much younger Republican opponent, judging from the emerging GOP field. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz both will be 45 on Election Day; Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan will be 46; Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul will be 53; and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will be 54.

***

Democrats everywhere now assume – as do Republicans – that Clinton is running for president in 2016. They are well aware that this is what running for president looks like. They only fear that something will happen to make her decide not to run, as her friends’ concerns that she should decline a campaign were the subject of a report in The Wall Street Journal this week. But as Clinton distances herself from Obama, rakes in the cash and prevents other Democrats from prepping a national campaign for a White House run in 2016, she might look around at the polls and see just what will happen to Democrats in this fall’s midterm elections if all current estimates are correct. They will lose badly. Does she want to start spending more time trying to save some Democratic senators in red states former Gov. Mitt Romney (R-Mass.) won handily, where Obama is very unpopular? Maybe not.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 9

Yeah, sure. Takes a brave soul to say that, sitting safely here in the US. Ask the Israelis who live with that hanging over their families’ heads every day….

ProudinNC on March 21, 2014 at 8:49 PM

As Sec of State she would have had a lot to do with laying the groundwork for that deal. Of course, after she passed out … I mean fainted … and conked her little head, and got a brain concussion, she may not even remember that she ever was Sec of State.

VorDaj on March 21, 2014 at 9:13 PM

on whit = one whit

Dusty on March 21, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Aaand BDire.

Lanceman on March 21, 2014 at 9:13 PM

dangit.

Lanceman on March 21, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I left the door open… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Florida, right? That does me no good here. Though my doors are open as well.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:14 PM

It is disgusting how most of the criticism of Hillary is focused on her looks and femininity; where is that whole “discuss policy, not personality” stuff that every Romney fan was spouting during the previous election?

Federati on March 21, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Well, her character and her policies are worse than her appearance. Of the two I’d put her character at the bottom. Rock bottom. She has blood on her hands.

Her policies are far Left no matter how she dodges around.

When she takes care of herself, she can look professional and there’s nothing wrong with her appearance. My biggest beef with her appearance is that when she was SecState she looked unprofessional and as if she didn’t care. I saw photos of her with wispy, flat hair and wearing a scrunchie! That’s like a man who’s SecState showing up with a scraggly beard. Now that she’s getting set to run for president, suddenly she decided to have her hair cut for a far more up to date look. Her appearance when representing the country meant nothing. Now that she wants something, she’s going chameleon again.

INC on March 21, 2014 at 9:14 PM

That really should have been Her Royal Thighness.

I apologise for my failure to show due deference. /

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Wow. You’re GOOD! o_O

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Where the Fascists Are

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 8:57 PM

A lot of people are going to be 50 years behind on their analysis of all things русский. I can’t wait. It’ll be like listening to the breaking Egyptian news all over again.

Fascinating, Soph.

–Let me know when you are ready to hit the mat. I’m ready. I put your new trunks on the bed.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Hillary’s big qualification for office: she was married to Bill Clinton. Really, people, this is a farce. Let the Democrats do their thing, they’ll fail.

oldennis on March 21, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Whatever happened to that Allahpundit guy? On vacation or something?

sadsushi on March 21, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Yes, so back sometime next week.

kim roy on March 21, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Why can’t I be a verbaloon?

Lanceman on March 21, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Ride a motorcycle without a helmet. :)

. . . it’s not worth it.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:18 PM

*sip*

FRIDAY — WHERZ THE CHAIRZ

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Whatever happened to that Allahpundit guy? On vacation or something?

sadsushi on March 21, 2014 at 8:07 PM

We could tell you.

But then, we’d have to kill you ship you off to AoSHQ…

JohnGalt23 on March 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM

[Federati on March 21, 2014 at 8:35 PM]

LOL. Looks is not personality, Bud. It’s appearance. And her appearance is about the only thing she has any serious interest in.

Policy? I don’t recall! Programs? I don’t remember!

Can we talk about which direction you want to take the country? What difference, at this point, does it make!!!!

Dusty on March 21, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Wednesday!!!!

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Greetings!
I brought my own Rude Buffoom theme song…

Dr. Feelgood

But feel free to suggest others, Newtie. You played Joan Jett, therefore you are my hero.

Gotta go to the store…be back in a bit…

Doc Holliday on March 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Wednesday!!!!

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM

O.

Then . . . I shouldn’t be doing this.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM

oldennis on March 21, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Her theme song should be Stand By Your Man (a song I never liked BTW). Their marriage is one of those incredibly dysfunctional political power relationships.

INC on March 21, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Wednesday!!!!

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM

O.

Then . . . I shouldn’t be doing this.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Lolz. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. o_O

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Schweitzer/Warren 2016

kcewa on March 21, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Doc Holliday on March 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Good choice for you, Doc! Hurry back, but keep the greasy side down and the shiny side up!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 9:24 PM

It actually IS my Wednesday.
Effing retail hell. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on March 21, 2014 at 9:27 PM

This woman is so grotesque I’m picturing her as
the bad guy with the horrible English in Johnny Dangerously,

“O.K. you corksuckers, I’ll have your bells in a sling!”

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Lolz. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. o_O

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 9:24 PM

WOO HOO! FREEDOM!

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Ride a motorcycle without a helmet. :)

. . . it’s not worth it.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Did that all the time in my teens. Even wrecked a couple of times. On dirt roads. Never turned me into a verbaloon and never had the slightest compulsion to vote for ‘rats or attempt to defend liberalism.

Lanceman on March 21, 2014 at 9:30 PM

They’ll never use Hillary’s picture to illustrate bossy in the dictionary, because it’s already under the entry for ruthless.

Do the Dems really think people will step into the voting booth and go for the person who reminds them of their worst and most unpleasant female relative?

OK, I’m over and done commenting about Hill for now. I can only take so long thinking about her.

INC on March 21, 2014 at 9:30 PM

*sip*

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Where did I put that? Oh yeah, here it is:

*shakes head disdainfully at wussey girly-man*

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I don’t feel no ways tired…

claudius on March 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

look, this new wrestlin’ move is back friendly. i designed it myself.

here:

*holds up napkin*

this is you, and that’s me. and then . . .

jussa sec.

*holds up napkin*

like that. :)

one. two. three. Axe wins!

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Everyone loves Hillary… until she runs for office. And is on TV everyday. And speaks.

Punchenko on March 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Ah come too furr…

Lanceman on March 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Dammit, that makes me want a doob. Except they were speeding on this version.

I actually remember when Bill Cosby looked like that.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

*shakes head disdainfully at wussey girly-man*

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hey man, I wasn’t the one complaining about being so sweepy. :)

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Yeah, right? Speaking of “doobs”… ^^^^

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM

It actually IS my Wednesday.
Effing retail hell. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on March 21, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Thanks for your service

kcewa on March 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Punchenko on March 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Serious question. Do you think women really would turn out for Hillary because she’s a woman? In numbers large enough to lock it?

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:35 PM

*shakes head disdainfully at wussey girly-man*

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hey man, I wasn’t the one complaining about being so sweepy. :)

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I cry when I have to do housework, too.

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Hey man, I wasn’t the one complaining about being so sweepy. :)

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM

And I ain’t so girly that I sip.

Especially your Zima.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM

kcewa on March 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I’m grateful to have a job!
Btw: Stoic patriot over on the Quinn-minimum wage thread is so full of crap that it’s oozing out of his eye sockets.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Hillary is everything I HATE in a woman!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Calling all Wenches, Rude Buffoons, trolls and loons…

OmahaConservative on March 21, 2014 at 8:17 PM

I’m here but probably not for long. Anybody know how to tone down the brightness of the computer screen?

crankyoldlady on March 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I can’t get to sleep — I think about the implications
of diving in too deep. And possibly, the complications

Especially at night, I worry over situations
I know will be all right … perhaps it’s just imagination

Day after day — it reappears
night after night, my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away …

Colin Hay and Men at Work — Overkill

Good evening, everyone. Is anyone else glad that it’s Friday night?

Alien on March 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Hillary Clinton is one of the most vile people to ever disgrace this country.

bluegill on March 21, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Doobie Brothers – China Grove

kcewa on March 21, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Hillary is everything I HATE in a woman!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I do not hate a single female thing about Hillary… It’s her whole eviler than Satan persona that gives me the creeps.

oscarwilde on March 21, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Yeah, right? Speaking of “doobs”… ^^^^

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM

And I clicked that link. You betcha’ I did.

I not only inhaled, but I bypassed the filters and rolled mine in a Laredo cigarette rolling machine.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Anybody got cheetos?

KCB on March 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

This just in:

CNN had an “expert” on who has ruled out Godzilla
as the cause of the downed Jetliner….

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Anybody know how to tone down the brightness of the computer screen?

crankyoldlady on March 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

12 gauge.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I cry when I have to do housework, too.

Resist We Much on March 21, 2014 at 9:35 PM

You don’t have to do housework.

Duh.

omg . . . lift one lil restraining order. i swear.

fridge run

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

crankyoldlady on March 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

What operating system are you using, COL? Vista? Win98? Win XP?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

bluegill on March 21, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Yes she is.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Alien on March 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

It’s Wednesday night.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Anybody know how to tone down the brightness of the computer screen?

crankyoldlady on March 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Turn down the bright… What kind of monitor? Most new ones have a menu built right in, one of the menus functions is “Bright” it allows you to turn the bright down. Some video card control suites also have bright control, nVidea or ATI usually do.

oscarwilde on March 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:39 PM

My Laredo failed on me at the worst possible time–giving a demonstration speech in Speech 101 on how to roll a cigarette. I still got a B because I explained how the roller worked, though ;-)

My all-time favourite roller was a Bugler roller ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Somebody say Zima™?

That is my favorite alcopop beverage.

Murphy9 on March 21, 2014 at 9:43 PM

It’s Wednesday night.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Only if you’re working retail. :)

I’m back on the regular M-F shift this week. No Saturday duty for another three months.

Alien on March 21, 2014 at 9:43 PM

crankyoldlady on March 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Look for FN key, lower left. Hold this down, while pressing F6 key up top row. Your computer may vary.

Alien on March 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

My all-time favourite roller was a Bugler roller ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Sheet, I had already had plenty of good stuff by the time I got to rolling. I could field strip an AR but I couldn’t roll with one of those.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Anybody got cheetos?

KCB on March 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Just hagfish. I mean gefilterfish.

Lanceman on March 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

It’s Wednesday night.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Only if you’re working retail. :)

Alien on March 21, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Meh… I’m on call, it’s always Sunday…

oscarwilde on March 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Alien on March 21, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I’m a Thursday-Sunday day shifter.
Next week-our week starts on a Saturday so a week from tomm-they only have me scheduled for 2 days.
Whatever.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Run, Axe! Run like the WIND!!

Unless it’s a Westinghouse, then you can take your time… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Cozmo, did you ever decide which graphic to use? On that Russian deal? I can’t remember . . . had a five in it, I think . . . and a one. And it was small.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Oh, and I am so shy that Speech 101 was the worst passing grade I ever got in college. She took pity on me.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:47 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

The principle’s the same, just the Bugler was bigger–and the roller(s) didn’t go all caddywonkers…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Run, Axe! Run like the WIND!!

Unless it’s a Westinghouse, then you can take your time… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM

All you people are strange.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Apparently Killary being “Slick’s frumpy doormat enabler” wasn’t one of the choices under “disadvantages.”

viking01 on March 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM

All you people are strange.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Ain’t that the truth.

KCB on March 21, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

ROTFLMAO… Once upon a time, I used to be able to hand roll a perfect errr cig while riding in a car at 60 miles per hour down a bumpy dirt road… <—- Insert evil laughter here…

oscarwilde on March 21, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Lanceman on March 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I have turned over a new leaf. As long as she doesn’t go bat$h*t crazy, I will lay off of her.

Or it could be the Jim Beam talkin’.

I am happy happy happy.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Sorry, I have no idea. I didn’t even feel the breeze.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Magic Carpet Ride — Steppenwolf

kcewa on March 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM

It’s not Sunday, *********. Nor is it Wednesday. It’s Friday.

I want the hot blonde with me, I want my tunes, and I want my delicious Mike’s Hard Lemonade. I want to sip, I want to slow dance, I want to quietly say things about love, and I want to break chairs over the heads of people that bother me and occasionally rock hard.

\m/

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Oh, I thought you were talkin’ about the little one with the two rollers.

Dang, that took longer to correct the misspellings than it did to write.

I think I’m fried. But the nicotine craving went away. Haven’t had one this bad in a while.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Doobie Brothers – China Grove

kcewa on March 21, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Probably my favorite song by them. “Jesus is just alright”
is pretty damn good also..

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

yawn…..

tommy71 on March 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

This just in:

CNN had an “expert” on who has ruled out Godzilla
as the cause of the downed Jetliner….

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I’m not so sure they should rule him out so quickly. Godzilla has been known to travel along a widespread northwest-to-southeast arc near commercial shipping lanes in the area of the South Pacific where they sighted the floating debris. And Godzilla often leaves large chunks of his victims behind after destroying them. Just ask Ghidrah. Well, if you could — difficult to speak when your three heads are torn off. Still, if a CNN anchor can offer “a small black hole” as a possible cause, and they had a psychic on earlier, I say — why not Godzilla?

Besides, it gets speculation off the aliens.

Alien on March 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Sorry, I have no idea. I didn’t even feel the breeze.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM

You said . . . this is tough, because it was a long time ago. You said that my Avi might work, because it had the right attitude and just the right touch of humor. I linked you to a font bank where you could shop around.

I was just wondering if you ever made a decision about that decal package.

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM

kcewa on March 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Even the right video to go with it.

I take back all the bad stuff i ever wrote about you.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM

12 gauge.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Wish I had one.

crankyoldlady on March 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Sit back…I’m going out now to enjoy one for you…

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM

oscarwilde on March 21, 2014 at 9:49 PM

lol — there were a couple of years in there I could probably have done that on a galloping horse. :)

which might have happened for all i know

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Has CNN blamed the Klingons for the airliner yet? Or will that be MSLSD’s claim?

viking01 on March 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Um? Was that even in English?

Sorry, you may need to ask me that at another time.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

THIS is primo Doobies.

You have to crank this on the cassette deck in your car while hammering down the Interstate.

Alien on March 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Nice tune.

I’ve been a fan from the beginning.
In fact, I kinda like the early stuff a bit better.

Not taking anything away from his later work, of course.

soundingboard on March 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:47 PM

One of our assignments was a literary piece, about 2-3 minutes long. I dressed in a long skirt, peasant blouse, kerchief, bare feet and sat on a table to give mine. If memory serves, I read the 94th Psalm from my Bible. Teacher asked why I chose to do it that way…so I told him.

The long skirt and sitting on the table were so that my knees shaking wouldn’t be noticed, and I wouldn’t fall ;-) The Psalm, because it dealt with a strong emotion, was so my voice would carry, because I had a tendency to mumble or worse–drop to a whisper–and I chose something that would force me to project my voice.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:56 PM

What operating system are you using, COL? Vista? Win98? Win XP?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I’m not that behind technologically. It’s Windows 7 Acer. I know cheapie but it’s all I could afford.

crankyoldlady on March 21, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Federati on March 21, 2014 at 8:35 PM

We learned that shallow and stupid Lena Dunham wannabes like you aren’t intelligent enough to comprehend facts and instead vote on things like skin color and lady parts.

Maybe if you showed some mental horsepower above and beyond a Kardashian people might think it was worth being factual with you. But Obama and Hillary! know that their audience is the Rachel Jeantels of the world like you who don’t care about anything other than their court nails and the welfare check.

northdallasthirty on March 21, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Has CNN blamed the Kling-ons for the airliner yet? Or will that be MSLSD’s claim?

viking01 on March 21, 2014 at 9:57 PM

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Sit back…I’m going out now to enjoy one for you…

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Heh. That was cold…

OmahaConservative on March 21, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Magic Carpet Ride — Steppenwolf

kcewa on March 21, 2014 at 9:50 PM

SOOKIE SOOKIE!! Let it hang out baby!!!!

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 9:58 PM

oscarwilde on March 21, 2014 at 9:49 PM

which might have happened for all i know

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I hear ya… Hey, I rolled one on a roller coaster once…

oscarwilde on March 21, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Axe on March 21, 2014 at 9:54 PM

OH! the little alien dude!

Right now I am doing trek stuff because it sells. The kit that will be used for is one of my own creations. More than i want to go in to on a public forum.

cozmo on March 21, 2014 at 9:58 PM