Pennsylvania Attorney General Kane lawyers up

posted at 10:01 am on March 21, 2014 by Gabriel Malor

The decision of Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane to drop the investigation and potential prosecution of Philadelphia Democrats who were recorded accepting cash, money orders, or jewelry certainly seems suspicious. According to news reports, investigators collected over 400 hours of audio and video of five Democrats, including four state lawmakers, before Kane, also a Democrat, secretly killed the investigation last fall. When confronted with this troubling story by the Philadelphia Inquirer, Kane cited racism and mismanagement in the investigation, but the detailed descriptions of the recordings certainly seem to indicate that the payments were made.

Kane’s reaction to reports about her decision went from bad to worse. At first, she complained that white men were attacking her:

In the statement, Kane provided only one quote, dismissing those who questioned her decisions as “nothing more than the Good Ol’ Boys club playing political games to discredit me in order to fulfill their own selfish and improper agenda.”

The statement cited Kane’s pursuit of political-corruption cases, including the pay-to-play scandal involving Democrats tied to the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission and the corruption charges brought last week against Democratic State Sen. LeAnna Washington.

That was a pretty astounding escalation. It is not out of line to wonder why a state’s attorney general would drop an investigation which is said to have obtained detailed recordings of lawmakers taking bribes. The decision to dismiss the investigation under seal combined with Kane’s accusation that it was tainted by racism certainly is newsworthy and gives rise to an inference that, although we may not know exactly what went on here, something unusual did. That’s ordinarily a reason to give something more examination, not less.

But Kane, apparently frustrated by continuing scrutiny of her decision, has now escalated further, hiring counsel and suggesting that if the Inquirer continues to pursue the story, she would start suing people!

During the meeting, Sprague [Kane's new lawyer] suggested that The Inquirer may have been used by the sources of its stories – “wittingly or unwittingly” as a “weapon” to attack Kane to defend themselves from potential charges of wrongdoing in the management of the probe.

“I intend to look at the investigation from the very beginning to the conclusion of it, and in terms of what has been published, by this paper and others, to take appropriate action on behalf of the attorney general against those responsible for the defamatory and the false publications that have been made,” Sprague said.

It sounds like Kane or her new lawyer thinks the folks providing detailed information about the investigation into bribe-taking Democrats are the very investigators she claims were impermissibly motivated by race in the investigation.

The decision to lawyer up and take “appropriate action” against either the leakers or the papers goes far beyond the bounds of a reasonable response. This is indisputably a newsworthy story. The public deserves to know what happened with this investigation and why it happened. Kane’s acceleration from “it was racism” to “it’s the Good Ol’ Boys” to “I will start suing people” is despicable in any public servant, but even more so from the state’s top prosecutor.

The Inquirer’s editor, William K. Marimow, gets this exactly right:

“Our lead reporters, Angela Couloumbis and Craig McCoy, have interviewed many people with in-depth knowledge of the investigation, including members of Attorney General Kane’s staff, in order to ensure that the stories are accurate, thorough, and fair,” Marimow said. “These stories are the product of months of diligent and dogged reporting – not a leak from a person with a political agenda.”

He added, “In my opinion, this is precisely the kind of issue that requires public scrutiny, specifically the conduct of public officials who accepted cash or gifts from an undercover agent and the quality of a three-year investigation launched and ended by a state law enforcement agency.”

Bravo, Inquirer. That’s journalism.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Impeach!

workingclass artist on March 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM

It only snared Democrats, so it was shut down. Is it actually required that she admit it?

Mord on March 21, 2014 at 10:07 AM

As a Pennsylvanian, this woman disgusts me and is a disgrace. She also refused to defend our law protecting the definition of marriage. She’s a hack.

tyketto on March 21, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I am a PA resident, born and raised. Kane not only just killed her political career, but she may have lost the governor’s race for the Democrats this fall.

BigWillieStyles on March 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Truth is racist!

mankai on March 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Did I miss it Gabe, or did you miss that all who took the bribes were not only all Democrats but all black?

I don’t mean “all black” as opposed to being partially black like 0b00ba, I mean all of them were black.

And of course Kane is a Democrat. (And a rare foxy one at that.)

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Maybe she can get Al Sharpton to rub poop on her, and scratch the n-word on her chest.

Ward Cleaver on March 21, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Sounds to me as if there is only one person in this story with a “political agenda” and it isn’t the investigators.

RoadRunner on March 21, 2014 at 10:12 AM

This woman immediately turned her attention to Governor Corbett when she took office to investigate his handling of the Penn State investigation. I guess the Democrats chief objective in that post is to use their office to attack Republicans.

I would love to see her proven to be the crook and political hack she is.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM

In Illinois Blago is sitting in Jail, and J.J. Jr. is not.

It’s just how things are done in Democrat states.

PoliTech on March 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM

And of course Kane is a Democrat. (And a rare foxy one at that.)

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I didn’t believe you, but wow, you are right!

Mord on March 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Yep, because the Philadelphia Inquirer is a bastion of the vast right wing conspiracy. Good luck with that lady.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Is there a democrat anywhere in this country that isn’t corrupt?

Tom Servo on March 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Cries of racism are the modern last refuge of Democrat scoundrels. Truth stalking you? Cry racism! Attack the motives, integrity, and character of your opponents. It’s the Democrat way.

Charlemagne on March 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM

They also offered bribes to Republicans who turned them down. I think they were all white, at least that’s what I read last week. I know it’s racist to know that.

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Is there a democrat anywhere in this country that isn’t corrupt?

Tom Servo on March 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM

is that a rhetorical question?

workingclass artist on March 21, 2014 at 10:20 AM

She got a lawyer because the reporters were asking tough questions and pulled the race card? Hmmm, this story may have legs.

major dad on March 21, 2014 at 10:20 AM

BigWillieStyles on March 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM

silver lining

workingclass artist on March 21, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Is not her best defense, instead of suing people, to open up the prosecution’s failed case? Because I said so is usually not a very good defense.

ojfltx on March 21, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I would love to see her proven to be the crook and political hack she is.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Spot on hawk. I watched this whole thing unfold at the time,
and remember thinking she’s a B*tch from hell, on a mission
to destroy Tom Corbett…..cannot stand her. When this
story broke here the other week about her killing this
investigation, the reaction was swift, and negative.
Apparently, she thinks Laws only apply to certain people.
Funny, that’s what Eric Holder thinks too……

I see the name Sprague as her new Lawyer…if that is
Richard Sprague from Lancaster County, he’s one of the best
Attorneys in the State…..also, one of the most respected.

Does not matter, this woman is Poison, and needs to
have her career and mission to become Governor shelfed.
For the good of our state.

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 10:22 AM

major dad on March 21, 2014 at 10:20 AM

At least the story exposes a pattern…

Obama has become sensitive even to his own praetorian guard.

workingclass artist on March 21, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Is there a democrat anywhere in this country that isn’t corrupt?

NO!!! But since most minorities are democrats you must be a racist.

jmtham156 on March 21, 2014 at 10:23 AM

“Stop talking about what I did or I’ll sue you!”

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Her own staff went to the Inquirer.

The Inquirer also endorsed her bid for AG.

workingclass artist on March 21, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Seems as if she has a role model higher up the Attorney General ladder…

d1carter on March 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Sources with knowledge of the sting said the investigation made financial pitches to both Republicans and Democrats, but only Democrats accepted the payments.

This is the part that really had the AG ticked off.

Lolo on March 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Lie, cheat, steal, cover up, stonewall, threaten, intimidate, project (in the psych def), obfuscate, indoctrinate, scream “raaacist” – all favorite (yea, obligatory) terms in the Dem Activist Lexicon…

vnvet on March 21, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Does not matter, this woman is Poison, and needs to
have her career and mission to become Governor shelfed.
For the good of our state.

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I have a niece who is deeply progressive and about as fringe as a person can be. “She” still lives in PA and “I” have lived in NC most of my military career and retired here. And I still understand PA politics and news from The Commonwealth better than her. Speaking with my brother, a Conservative, he said since she’s moved back home she is driving him nuts. Her pearls of wisdom on this are,

“Dad, at least she investigated Democrats too. She didn’t find anything to prosecute and dropped it. Conservatives invent scandals.”

This woman is allowed to vote. I just shake my head.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM

but she may have lost the governor’s race for the Democrats this fall.

BigWillieStyles on March 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM

So, there IS a silver lining?

oldleprechaun on March 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM

This story needs legs, the PA Dems need a whupping

And hey Gabe, whatcha doing here?

thebrokenrattle on March 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Dumb question of the day:

Is Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane a Democrat?

MJBrutus on March 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM

This is the part that really had the AG ticked off.

Lolo on March 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM

This is my point with my comment about my niece. The AG was actually thrilled by the results. AG Tom Corbett is the one who conducted the sting based on tips, other organizations were in fact trying to mount a bribe campaign for the Voter ID bill.

Kane came into office with the intent of shoving this pretty much completed investigation under the rug.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM

And of course Kane is a Democrat. (And a rare foxy one at that.)

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Foxy? Uh, no, not even after the surgery… are you a parish priest or something like that?

ExpressoBold on March 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I just don’t get why race would matter, there is evidence of law breaking.
who cares about the race/sex of the perps other than people who make $$ off it?
honestly I have never understood racism at all, have some family members who are and I refuse to speak to them. been 12 years or more since I have. Have black people in the family and refuse to deal with people (even my own family) that treat them with disrespect.
if I was going to hate a race I would hate the race of people who have done bad stuff to me and, purely due to the numbers, white people have wronged me more than anyone. IOW people of my race have screwed me more often. and its only due to the numbers. In maine its mostly white people. If I were living in an area that had more black people the odds are (again due to numbers) that black people would have wronged me more.
always felt racism was pure stupidity no matter who acts that way.
hell women have screwed me worse than anyone but I don’t blame all women.
I digress, this stuff just boggles my mind.

dmacleo on March 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM

BigWillieStyles on March 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Agreed, when I heard this story my first thought was that Corbett may yet have a chance.

Democrats just don’t believe in equal protection under the law, and they aren’t even trying to hide it anymore. I don’t think it’ll play well with voters.

forest on March 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Hey, what’s Malor doing here?

forest on March 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM

The interesting thing is that African American voters will never vote out the African American politicians who are proven criminals. William Jefferson comes to mind, and many others. So you’d create stress within the party by prosecuting them. Kane would be voted out for doing the right thing. That is the thing Republicans need to talk about because it at least would force white Democrats to do the right thing lest they prove you right. Unfortunately, Republicans are too cowardly to speak the big truths.

Buddahpundit on March 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM

A sure sign that someone is guilty of something? They scream “racism!”

db on March 21, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Soon we’ll have white criminals lining up to have transracial procedures done.

antipc on March 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Which Penn State investigation was she looking into? The white-washed investigation of Michael Mann’s climate change fraud? /sarc

blink on March 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Sandusky investigation PSU handling of it.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:47 AM

This woman is allowed to vote. I just shake my head.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I feel for your brother…truly sad, when people refuse
to accept Reality.

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 10:47 AM

The most racist thing we can do is not prosecute criminals because of their race. Any politician taking a bribe is a criminal…white, black, red, orange, yellow or whatever. It is a shame that we have gotten here.

The country is done.

JimBob on March 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I have not done anything wrong. I have not broken any laws,” Lerner said. “I have not violated any IRS rules or regulations, and I have not provided any false information to this or any other congressional committee.”

precedence.

phatfawzi on March 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Seriously? “Defamation”? A public official drops a corruption investigation, is criticized for acting politically instead of ethically, and threatens to sue?

She should be impeached just for this alone.

MTF on March 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Hey, what’s Malor doing here?

forest on March 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I wonder if we haven’t seen the last of AP and Salem bought Gabe for cash and two minor league players to be named later. I didn’t quite believe that stuff about AP being on special assignment.

butch on March 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Par for the course for the Fascist-Democrats. They take their cue from the White House.

rbj on March 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM

She should be impeached just for this alone.

MTF on March 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Probably at the top of the list if Holder ever steps down.

forest on March 21, 2014 at 11:01 AM

She should be impeached just for this alone.

MTF on March 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM

And there’s actually a more serious charge she’ll be looking at. The man used in the sting, was involved in a half million dollar fraud scheme. He was going to receive some manner of deal for being the bagman in the sting. His guy was already convince he’d go to jail otherwise and had participated in getting evidence on film with 4 or 5 of these people.

Kane dropped all charges against him under seal. He’s not obligated to say crap now.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Comrade Kane knows that nothing compares to the party’s benevolence.

LeeBelieu on March 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM

forest on March 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Actually, Corbett has been in good shape for some time now..

Every election year, we hear how any Republican in office
is done for, and the Dems are going to clean up.
Corbett may not be in a good percentage for approval,
but the Dems are even less liked here. Start with Obamacare,
throw in a healthy, HEALTHY dose of Corruption with every
Dem holding office these days, it seems, and you have the recipe for a disaster for the Dems this Fall…Corbett is sitting
on this Kane story right now..he’s no fool…let the Public
soak it in…..

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM

She’s a female version of Eric Holder.

JellyToast on March 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Thanks for covering this, Gabe. This deserves to be a national story. The Inquirer really is doing some great journalism these days, and trust me, it is one of the most liberal papers in the country. Its editorial page even endorsed the nomination of Debo Adegbile. If they thoguth there was a shered of evidence of racism in this investigation, THAT would have been the story. There wasn’t.

The lead investigator on this case – a career prosecutor – also led the Bonusgate investigation a few years ago that caught several Republicans, including the Speaker of the House. (That was under then-AG Tom Corbett.) He was pushed out by Kane and her Dem cronies and now works for the Philadelphia DA, who happens to be a black Democrat (and a future rival to Kane for AG, which may be part of this whole thing.)

The sting caught some black legislators because – wait for it – it focused on Philadelphia and all the Philadelphia legislators are black. Duh!!! The stooge was a Philly lobbyist who had been nailed on corruption charges and agreed to be the stinger for legislators he knew were on the take. The tapes have them all dead to rights taking cash and expensive jewelry from the lobbyist.

This investigation was quashed as a favor to the black elite in Philadelphia to keep them supporting Kane in future runs for office. I have zero doubt about that. Would also not surprise me if Eric Holder ordered it personally.

Kathleen Kane was a small town prosecutor who never did anything special and ended up getting Bill Clinton to campaign for her in the AG race last year (AG terms are not coincident with Gov/Lt. Gov terms in PA) She is a total hack who is in over her head and is obviously being grroomed for higher office and ordered to do things by some Democrat operatives in Harrisburg and maybe beyond.

Playing the race card when she was exposed was right out of the DNC playbook. I’m sure Denmocrats themsleves planned to leak this “racist” investigation just before the election this fall so black voters in Phialdelphia would get the message that Tom Corbett is a racist.

rockmom on March 21, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Hey, what’s Malor doing here?

forest on March 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Isn’t he at AoS?
Maybe AP, who’s allegedly on vacation, is actually lurking over there!

22044 on March 21, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Attention Kane:
Where I come from “He’s a Good Ol’ Boy” is a high compliment.

katy the mean old lady on March 21, 2014 at 11:08 AM

By the way…Dude…her face. Not Foxy!

22044 on March 21, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Remember when AGs used to put the amount of energy this woman is putting into threats and counsel, into doing their jobs of defending a state’s law?…

… Good times…

ptcamn on March 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM

blink on March 21, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Didn’t know that blink.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM

In Illinois Blago is sitting in Jail, and J.J. Jr. is not.

It’s just how things are done in Democrat states.

PoliTech on March 21, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Hey, I rode by JJ’s ‘house” last month.It’s located in Butner, NC. He is wearing a uniform with 32451-016 stenciled on it.

BigAlSouth on March 21, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Hey. Didn’t the US Attorney General tell her she didn’t have to enforce any laws she didn’t agree with?

BigAlSouth on March 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I hope you’re right. This horrible AG destroying herself is a good start.

forest on March 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Kathleen Kane must be Tom Corbett’s favorite Democrat right about now.

steebo77 on March 21, 2014 at 11:15 AM

And of course Kane is a Democrat. (And a rare foxy one at that.)

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I didn’t believe you, but wow, you are right!

To each his own.

LeftCoastRight on March 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Whoah, coming from the Inquirer, especially that final bit, this is huge. They’re well known to be a liberal safe-haven here in Philly but I guess when you push them, they’ll push back, no matter who you are.

jdespirito on March 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Kane still has a trump card to play… the nasty connections between Corbett, his donor nucleus, Second Mile, and the Sand*sky investigation. That card will drop sometime after the primary.

Don’t think that this scandal will help Corbett survive his incompetence as a politician.

either orr on March 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM

The Philadelphia Inquirer is part-owned by an investor group “assembled by” (he claims) and including Ed Rendell.

Gene Hunt on March 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Foxy? Uh, no, not even after the surgery…

Surgery?

are you a parish priest or something like that? ExpressoBold on March 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Retired. Why?

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM

either orr on March 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM

If she hasn’t produced the smoking gun after spending two years on that investigation, what else do you think she’ll do with it?

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 11:22 AM

[...]

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM

It’s a general marching order for ALL Democrats in ANY posts to use their offices to attack Republicans.

bofh on March 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Kane is obviously crooked just like all the dems in the investigation. In that way, she is also a typical democrat.

earlgrey on March 21, 2014 at 11:24 AM

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM

bofh on March 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Really really. Just months into the new terms here in NC, our LT Governor started his campaign to unseat Pat McCrory.

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM

either orr on March 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM

She’s already played those cards..all of em.
people here have moved on….Corbett survived it
because, wait for it…he wasn’t guilty of anything…

..for being Incompetent. he’s been running some damn
good campaign ads here recently….

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM

bofh on March 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 11:39 AM

May this be the beginning of the end of using your race as a get out of jail free card. If you are white and a criminal you should go to jail. Same for black, hispanic, or asian too. Enough of this dishonest garbage coming from blacks accused of a crime. Where theres smoke there is usually fire.

neyney on March 21, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Wait…..a black democrat is accused a of crime?

Time for the “Black Liberals Are Never To Be Accused Of Criminal Activity Act”

BobMbx on March 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM

rockmom on March 21, 2014 at 11:06 AM

hmmm, wonder how she managed THAT… /

todler on March 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I’m actually thinking of writing a screenplay about this colossal twit, in the hopes she’ll sue ME.

I’ll snack her petulant ass back to the Stone Age.

Eric in Hollywood on March 21, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Hey, but she’s Ready for Hillary. Worked for Cankles on the last one.

Seems as if all of government, whether at state or fed level, is pretty much staffed, top to bottom, elected or not, with liberals, and they see their job as primarily snuffing Republicans wherever those little gopher heads pop out.

Obama and company have shown the way. It is all politics, all the time. And politics means annihilate your enemies. Nothing else.

Sting on March 21, 2014 at 12:30 PM

BigAlSouth on March 21, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Yes, J.J. Jr. is serving a few months for illegally spending campaign money. However he never had to answer for trying to bribe his way into BHO’s vacant U.S. Senate seat. Where is J.J. Jr.’s requisite 14 years of prison time for that crime?

PoliTech on March 21, 2014 at 12:37 PM

…bet you…if any media around the country is reporting this story…they have not included…what party they are from!

KOOLAID2 on March 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Sting on March 21, 2014 at 12:30 PM

THIS is the Democrat playbook, period, end of discussion!!
They do not believe in anything, other than the total destruction
of the Republican Party…gee, you’d think SOME on our side
would eventaually notice this strategy….

these people no longer care a wit about their actual Policies.
Whether they work, or not, is inconsequential….

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM

hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM
bofh on March 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM
hawkdriver on March 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Hawk, I think you mean Roy Cooper, NC Atty Gen. Democrat.

BigAlSouth on March 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM

em>And of course Kane is a Democrat. (And a rare foxy one at that.)

Good to know.
How would she look in an orange jumpsuit, with ‘PA CORRECTIONAL FACILITY’ stenciled across it?

Let’s find out.

orangemtl on March 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Thank you for posting this. We PA conservatives have been fighting an uphill battle about this, particularly radio host Dom Giordano, for a very long time. It’s good to see it making some media rounds beyond our local area.

jdespirito on March 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Kathleen Kane was a small town prosecutor who never did anything special and ended up getting Bill Clinton to campaign for her in the AG race last year (AG terms are not coincident with Gov/Lt. Gov terms in PA) She is a total hack who is in over her head and is obviously being groomed for higher office and ordered to do things by some Democrat operatives in Harrisburg and maybe beyond.

I have to wonder how Clinton was compensated for his endorsement.

Anti-Statist on March 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Here in Philly, it has also emerged that a “federal agency” was involved in the decision to drop the prosecution. When pressed, Kane’s office refused to identify the agency. The FBI has denied involvement. Hmmm, that leaves Holder as the likely suspect. In related news, sales of the “Warn a Brother” t-shirt are soaring in Philly.

JerseyJeff on March 21, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Wow. If Corbett wins, all of the R governors retain their governorships.

Sort of related, why is FL even considering electing the turncoat Charlie Crist to the governorship.

22044 on March 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Retired. Why?

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Sometimes I amaze myself at my own intuition… other times you can buy me for a dime at the revelations I uncover. This is a “buy me for a dime” moment.
Really? You ARE a retired parish priest?

ExpressoBold on March 21, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Yes, you probably remembered my mentioning it here rather than having intuited it yourself.

Lemme guess: you’re a barista.

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Lemme guess: you’re a barista.

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Nope… if I were I would spell my nom-de-blog EspressoBold. I’m a retired systems developer. Expresso relates entirely to my penchant for speaking my mind, no matter how idiotic or off-base I may be.

ExpressoBold on March 21, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Duly noted.

Akzed on March 21, 2014 at 1:46 PM

C’mon, her actions are fine-and-dandy, because “Disparate Impact”.

And Eric (the Dick) Holder has already pontificated on his Absolutely Unbiased Legal Finding that ANY LAW that Blacks (or Democrats) violate more often than Whites (or Republicans) is by that very fact null-and-void.

A_Nonny_Mouse on March 21, 2014 at 1:47 PM

ToddPA on March 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM said

“THIS is the Democrat playbook, period, end of discussion!!
They do not believe in anything, other than the total destruction
of the Republican Party…gee, you’d think SOME on our side
would eventaually notice this strategy… …”

- – - – - – -

YES, the Establishment Republicans understand this.

That’s why Boehner and the Party Elites are throwing out all these “Democrat-lite” proposals. (Like, “We are pro-amnesty, but we’ll label it something else because ‘amnesty’ doesn’t play well in Peoria.” And, “I know, let’s try to *FIX* -not repeal- Obamacare, because the Government SHOULD micromanage health insurance!”)

The e-GOP is angry at the Tea Party and “real” conservatives because we want them to take positions AGAINST more Gubmint handouts; we want them to CUT big government and REDUCE regulations and interference in citizens’ lives. But THEY, on the other hand, don’t want to stand on principle; they’re busy grandstanding to the Dems and the MSM (but I repeat…) that they’re just as “compassionate” and “relevant” as Democrats.

In short, they’re trying to save the “brand name” of The Republican Party, which the Progressives in power have bluntly stated they want to destroy. (And as far as they’re concerned, to hell with their core constituency, who want them to focus on saving The Republic. Saving the Party comes first.)

A_Nonny_Mouse on March 21, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Sounds like its time for Tom Corbett to start cleaning house

Iblis on March 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM

First thought to cross my mind: are they black? I know – racist, but we all know the NBP situation…

affenhauer on March 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM