TEMS: Duane Patterson, Lauren Ashburn, King Banaian, Rep. Paul Ryan

posted at 2:46 pm on March 20, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Today on The Ed Morrissey Show (4 pm ET), we have a great lineup for our new format — and a better platform, too!

The Ed Morrissey Show and its dynamic chatroom can be seen on the permanent TEMS page. Be sure to join us, and don’t forget to keep up with the debate on my Facebook page, too!

Video streaming by Ustream

Keep praying that Marizela Perez will be found, and peace brought to her family.

Comments

I’ll be tuning in. Great score with Paul Ryan.

John the Libertarian on March 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Can I comment on the NCAA tournament here, Ed?

I’m so glad to see THE Ohio State University beaten by the kids who weren’t good enough to go there.

kcewa on March 20, 2014 at 2:52 PM

I’ll be tuning in. Great score with Paul Ryan.

John the Libertarian on March 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM

No kidding. Getting some big names consistently.

Are we going to have to start calling him The Great Maha Morrissey.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Coffee table book for $95? For that amount of jack the book better make me my coffee!

22044 on March 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I’ll be tuning in. Great score with Paul Ryan.

John the Libertarian on March 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM

No kidding. Getting some big names consistently.

Are we going to have to start calling him The Great Maha Morrissey.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Depends; will any pointed questions be asked? I know what *I’d* like to ask him.

Midas on March 20, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), House Budget chair, discusses his anti-poverty campaign, the attacks on his efforts, and Pope Francis’ words of wisdom on human dignity and employment

So, nothing about his amnesty push, his agreement with Democrats on budget moves to cut benefits to veterans, etc?

By all means, keep it ‘friendly’; that’s how the big names are landed, I guess.

Are the questions/answers rehearsed before the show?

Midas on March 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM

The Great Maha Morrissey.

hawkdriver on March 20, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Excellence In Broadcasting, indeed.

John the Libertarian on March 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I’m with Midas on this.

Ed, do us a favor and ask Rep. Paul Ryan the questions Midas brought up. He owes Conservatives answers to these topics.

D-fusit on March 20, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Asl Lauren why Foxnews is so hospitable to Catholics and so antagonistic to Jews??

georgealbert on March 20, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I’m with Midas on this.

D-fusit on March 20, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Me too! Ask him about Amnesty….not that pansy Dream stuff…As a Catholic, I’m not too keen on the Church telling us how to run our country! Especially when it involves lawless entry, which is also sinful!

tomshup on March 20, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Yea, that’s the ticket….invite guests on your show and see them as the nail and you are the hammer. Guess what guys, quests don’t book anymore and what good is that? Ed knows the business and understands the type of environment needed. Ed is playing in the big leagues where salesmanship from both the host and quest are on display. I liken it to the dance of two scorpions. It ain’t easy and I chuckle when folks who could not sell snow cones in hades give advice on such matters.

Kudos to you Ed as getting A list quests tells us you are on the right path. By the way, I ain’t got no advice for Ed! Chuckle!!

HonestLib on March 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM

HonestLib on March 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I guess I see your point. I mean, what’s more important? Ed playing in the big leagues or somebody holding Paul Ryan’s feet to the fire?

It’s good that Ed gets as many big names as possible because at the end of the day we need more platforms for politicians to espouse their pet projects without having to worry about being grilled about questionable policy decisions.

AJsDaddie on March 21, 2014 at 7:53 AM

AJsDaddie on March 21, 2014 at 7:53 AM

HonestLib on March 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I think you both make good points about the role of an interviewer in politics. I’ll give you my explanation. First, I think immigration reform is dead this year, so it’s a non-story; if it was picking up any steam at all, that’s what I would have asked to discuss.

However, I think the issue of poverty is going to be an issue in the midterm elections in the context of a solution-based Republican agenda, as we have been discussing since the “47%” disaster in 2012. Ryan is actually taking some risks in publicly debating this on conservative principles, and that’s what I asked to discuss on this appearance.

I’m mindful of the feedback on this, and all I can do is tell you that when you have 10 minutes — and Ryan actually gave me a little more because of that technical hiccup — you want to be focused rather than just toss around topics and get a glib talking-points response. This time I chose to focus on poverty and economics.

Ed Morrissey on March 21, 2014 at 8:10 AM