Quotes of the Day

posted at 10:41 pm on March 19, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

Global equity markets ended lower on Wednesday while yields on U.S. Treasuries jumped after comments by U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen raised the possibility that interest rates could rise soon than has been expected.

Yellen, speaking at her first press conference as the Fed chief after the close of the U.S. central bank’s two-day policy meeting, said the Fed could start to raise interest rates around six months after its current asset purchase program ends…

“She certainly moved it up a little bit and I don’t think the market was expecting that at all because she is widely viewed as being more on the dovish side of the aisle than she is on the hawkish side,” said Peter Kenny, chief executive officer of Clearpool Group in New York.

“That is not a particularly hawkish comment, but the fact of the matter is it was not expected.”

Fears that the Fed’s policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee might move away from its near-zero rate policy sooner than some traders had previously thought unleashed a wave of selling in the bond market. Short-dated and intermediate Treasuries suffered the biggest losses since they are seen as the most vulnerable to a swifter change in Fed policy.

***

“I think the market being reminded that the Fed will eventually raise rates is getting traders’ attention,” John Canally, an economic strategist at LPL Financial Corp. said in a phone interview from Boston. His firm oversees about $438.4 billion. “We’ll probably get a couple days of back and forth in the markets, but this is all good change.”

Bonds and U.S. equities retreated as the Fed said officials predicted their target interest rate would be 1 percent at the end of 2015 and 2.25 percent a year later, higher than previously forecast, as they upgraded projections for gains in the labor market. The central bank also reduced the monthly pace of bond purchases by $10 billion, to $55 billion.

Benchmark indexes extended losses as Yellen said the quantitative easing program would end this fall if the Fed continues to taper purchases in measured steps. She said she sees a “considerable time” between the end of the stimulus and the first rate increase, meaning “six months or that type of thing.”

***

Janet Yellen isn’t one to declare victory and go home. Today, the Federal Reserve chair announced that the central bank will keep working to stimulate the economy even though it has already almost achieved the goal it set for itself in 2012, to bring the unemployment rate down to 6.5 percent.

We know we’re not close to full employment, not close to an employment level consistent with our mandate,” Yellen told reporters. She added that “unless inflation were a significant concern, we wouldn’t dream of raising the federal funds rate target.” The target for the federal funds rate—the short-term interest rate that the Fed directly controls—has been a historically low 0 to 0.25 percent since December 2008.

At her first press conference since becoming chair of the Fed in February, Yellen explained that Fed rate-setters will abandon the 6.5 percent target and instead look at a broader range of data to decide when and how much to curtail stimulus.

***

***

Janet Yellen was boring. And that’s exactly what she wanted to be.

The newly installed Federal Reserve chair, in her first big policy meeting and news conference, gently nudged the central bank away from its extraordinary easy-money policies and toward a more normal footing in a way that only mildly upset markets, which sank a bit on the slightly more hawkish tone.

It was surprising but I don’t place much weight on it,” Pantheon Macroeconomics’ Ian Shepherdson said of the “six-month” comment. “I guess the pressure of the occasion got to her. Otherwise her performance was solid, she did her best to make the dove case, having been dealt a poor hand by her colleagues, nudging up their rate forecasts.”

Stocks quickly sold off following the “six-month” comment but recovered later as investors got more comfortable that the remark was hardly a firm policy commitment and was not really out of line with what the FOMC said in its consensus projections. It also happens to be exactly the consensus among Wall Street analysts for when the Fed will start bumping up rates.

***

The Fed, under Bernanke, promised that when the unemployment rate hit 6.5%, the central bank would raise interest rates. This was called quantitative guidance, and it fed Wall Street’s fetish for largely made-up numbers. The 6.5% benchmark was a big hit with traders. It meant they didn’t have to think very hard: when unemployment hit 6.5%, Wall Street could start girding itself for a rise in interest rates.

Then Yellen shut down the betting parlor. In a statement, the Fed said it “will take into account a wide range of information, including measures of labor market conditions, indicators of inflation pressures and inflation expectations, and readings on financial developments. This is what is now called ‘qualitative guidance’”.

Translation: the Fed is looking at when the economy improves, and the economy comprises a giant number of measures and statistics. If Wall Street wants Cliffs Notes, it will have to look elsewhere.

That was Janet Yellen’s declaration of independence. And that matters even – especially! – if you don’t work on Wall Street.

***

There are complicated structural reasons why we are in the longest and weakest recovery of the post WW II period. When I interviewed Yellen earlier this year, she made it quite clear that she knew that the Fed’s firepower was running low—although she still believed that clear and thoughtful forward guidance could help calm markets. (Today’s reaction shows that will be a tricky act to pull off.) Still, by proving hawks that had predicted a Yellen-led Fed would remain too dovish for too long wrong, she’s showing a careful regard for the market impact of long-term loose monetary policy. She may be concerned about the “human impact” of unemployment, but she clearly doesn’t want markets to crash, either.

All in all, I’m rather surprised that the markets took the rate hike news as so hawkish and definitive, given that she stressed again and again that the Fed would be watching a broad range of economic indicators to make sure that they were getting the timing of internet rate tightening right…

To me, that’s reassuring. It’s interesting that to markets it was worrisome. That shows just how dependent investors have become on Fed news going in one direction only and how removed some asset prices have become from fundamentals. When I close my eyes, breathe deeply and visualize the future, I see…more volatility.

***

PROGRAMMING NOTE: Allahpundit is still standing in line to volunteer for the Crimean Army, but should be returning as soon as that no longer exists.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM

The last time that I wore plastic frames-Reagan was still in his first term.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Its a trap.

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Savage Barbarians: Actual, Literal Slaughterhouses For Christians Discovered In Syria

Resist We Much on March 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Saw this yesterday via WND.com.

There really are no words strong enough to express the mental picture of horror and anger I got from watching some of those videos.

If any of you go there (via the link), be advised that the warnings of “graphic content” are the real deal … no place for jokes or ‘kidding’ here … : (

listens2glenn on March 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Its a trap.

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Most likely…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

RWM’s topic s/b front/center in the news and is not even mentioned.

Meanwhile, the Palestinian American scumhag is concerned with this.

The counter-argument

But…obama picks sports winners/losers and Michelle goes to China, with her mother and the two brats, on your dole, and without media.

Oh, and you are “racists” if you type or read this.

Back to Sophie’s link – leftists are NEVER for human rights, nor for freedom, equality and liberty of any kind.

Where are the trolls?

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Lawrence Brownlee Spiritual Sketches

kcewa on March 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

bluefox on March 19, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Levin was the most quiet that I can recall. He could not hardly believe what Shoebat was saying.

bluefox on March 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I noticed that about Levin too. I was cooking dinner and couldn’t eat after listening to Shoebat.

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM

His place confuses me, I never know where anything is…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I think it is loosely based on the periodic table. Where’s B9?

KCB on March 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM

At my 20th reunion I was delighted to discover that fate had been kinder to me than it had been to some of my tormentors. A few of the fools wanted pix of me and the mister. They couldn’t wrap their gray matter around the realization that not only was I married-but I had a(then) high school freshman son. *smirk*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

I think Axe just wants hits. I’ll go if you go, maybe everyone will go, cause its a secret mission. Nah. Its a trap.

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:00 PM

thatsafactjack on March 19, 2014 at 11:04 PM

. . . wonder how many months the style sheet’s been busted. :)

. . . doesn’t matter.

Axe on March 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM

OK, went there, did that…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I haven’t clinked on the links-but I heard Levin.
God have mercy.
*crosses self*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Where are the trolls?

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

bayam weighed in on a sports thread. Must have missed all the others during his visit.

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

His place confuses me, I never know where anything is…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I think it is loosely based on the periodic table. Where’s B9?

KCB on March 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Yea… Loosely the same way this is based on Beethoven 9th…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Resist We Much on March 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Thanks Sophie. I had not seen that story. McCain really needs to retire.

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Anyone who actually believes that 6.5% unemployment number is utterly mad.

VorDaj on March 19, 2014 at 10:55 PM

DC is mad for thinking that we believe it. It’s more like in the 20s. But, they now promote non-working. Gets them more voters.

“Non-workers unite” is the new communist credo. The other one is outdated.

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM

ALT, you would’ve WUVVED the glasses I was issued in the military back in the day.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Bi-directional connection established. Will be catching up and reading Soph’s Insane McVain deal.

Axe on March 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Hi Newtie.

I want a full report on what BMore has been up to on my desk by
oh eight hundred hours.

SparkPlug on March 19, 2014 at 11:21 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Isn’t success the bestest revenge? ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Yea… Loosely the same way this is based on Beethoven 9th…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Exactly!

KCB on March 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM

What the heII is a style sheet?

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM

He loves Sophie’s brain. He really does. He doesn’t care about booty.

SparkPlug on March 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Hey, other than when I was on duty in USAF, I’ve worn metal frame avaitors (in one style or another)…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM

We used to call the USAF glasses “Clarkette’s” since they looked like Clark Kent glasses.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

SparkPlug on March 19, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Sir!

Pvt Bmore has been a perfect angel, Sir!

End of report, Sir!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Huh? Who knew?

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Better not let Dark Current see that or he might lose his temper.

RickB on March 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

What the heII is a style sheet?

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Mahogany.

SparkPlug on March 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

OK, went there, did that…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Are you trapped?

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

He loves Sophie’s brain. He really does. He doesn’t care about booty.

SparkPlug on March 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM

It is a very sexy brain….

KCB on March 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

I haven’t clinked on the links-but I heard Levin.
God have mercy.
*crosses self*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Horrific. Heartbreaking. Words fail.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Breitbart is going PC.
On a Lubbock thread in Breitbart Texas,I made the comment that downtown Lubbock is in the ghetto-it is-and they deleted my comment.
As nice as it would be if the government offices were located in Overton, or Lakeridge, or Vintage Township…that’s not where they are.
They’re in north-east Lubbock. That area is a bad part of town.
Period.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Thank You. I was about to put you on KP duty. And BMore gets a weekend pass away from his wood pile.

SparkPlug on March 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

kringeesmom on March 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

No, they were known as birth control glasses, because you weren’t getting laid wearing them.

RickB on March 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM

This place. It confuses me.

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM

kringeesmom on March 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Sums it up rather well, Mom! All I know is that 1.) My prescription was stronger (shoot, I looked like I was wearing Coke bottle bottoms! Not good, especially when one is blind as the proverbial bat without corrective lenses) and 2.) I finally got away from wearing “old lady glasses” and BAM!! my country is putting me back into them again :(

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Axe on March 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Axe designed and patented demorigifer and conflabulator engaged…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Oh what a disgrace if such a despised and base cult, which worships a misogynist pedophile demon, aided and abetted by their and evil’s ally McCain, should be allowed to brutally murder and mutilate Christian men, women and children! With what reproaches will the Lord overwhelm us if we do not promptly and fully stand with Christians who are being murdered and defiled by Muslims for their Christian faith! Let those who have been accustomed unjustly to wage private warfare against other of the faithful now all unite and go against the Mohammedans in a Holy Crusade and end with total victory this war against monstrous evil which should have been completed long ago.

Let those who for too long a time have been dhimmis, now become knights. Let those who have been fighting in service of Mohammedans against their own brothers and sisters now fight in a proper way against all the followers and allies and enablers of the misogynist pedophile demon. Let those who have been wearing themselves out in both body and soul in vain attempt to win the small minds and dark hearts of the Mohammedans now redeem themselves and labor for glorious honor against them.

Behold! On the one side will be the completely destroyed Mohammedans and their allies and servants, on the other the fierce and righteous protectors of humanity. On the one side will be the destroyed enemies of the Lord, on the other, his friends who will shout at at the Mohammedans and their Christian hating misanthrope ally McCain as they destroy them all, “Deus vult! Deus vult! Deus vult!

RasThavas on March 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I spent about 5 seconds in USMC bootcamp in early ’89. I had a pair of my own.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Mahogany.

SparkPlug on March 19, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Some day I will share with you some of the beautiful work my dead kin have done. Then we can be very sad together.

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

OK, went there, did that…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Are you trapped?

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Yup… The place was booby trapped with Axe gizmo’s…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Wow. Marianne Rafferty is announcing that Steve Hayes might be ahead of his time…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

McCain Storms Out of Meeting With Syrian Christian; Fellow GOP Senator Apologises For Insane McVain’s Temper Tantrum

06 February 2014

Hell-bent on arming opposition forces in Syria—despite strong evidence that they’re run by Islamic terrorists—John McCain displayed behavior unbecoming of a United States Senator during a recent meeting with Syrian Christian leaders touring Capitol Hill.

Resist We Much on March 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM

listens2glenn on March 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Flattering, aren’t they.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Breaking:
Australian PM says two objects found may be from flight 370.

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM

If the Senate does not censure McCain, with a requirement that he undergo psychiatric treatment, and expel him he he refuses to get it, they will have forever utterly disgraced themselves. Have they no shame? My God, have they no shame?

VorDaj on March 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM

listens2glenn on March 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

McCain regained an awful lot of respect (from me, anyway…) when he selected Sarah Palin as his Veep-candidate back in 2008. I think losing that election did something to his mind…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Husband-4 years in the USMC-still has his. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM

have they no shame?

VorDaj on March 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM

NO, they are politicians, Satan’s little helpers…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

What the heII is a style sheet?

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Some pages, pretty much all pages now, have “style sheets” that control layout. When I updated my site, I must have forgotten to update the contact page, because it’s smurfed.

I’ve got an update coming anyway. I redesigned the back-end to make it possible for Soph to guest blog, and I need to get a clean build of everything anyway.

. . . will trade virtual reality modelling software for cloning technology.

Axe on March 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

This is NOT a “recovery” – and we should ALL STOP Using that word to refer to this Marxist-Created Economic Demolition Derby!!

williamg on March 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

They’re in north-east Lubbock. That area is a bad part of town.
Period.
annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM

“Lubbock, Texas in My Rear View Mirror” by Mac Davis

kcewa on March 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I think losing that election did something to his mind…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM

……did you mean “mind” – - because I don’t think he has one – - or “Mime“?…..

williamg on March 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM

kcewa on March 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

There’s a street named after him.
Then there’s these fools. We don’t talk about them.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

to make it possible for Soph to guest blog,

Axe on March 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Have you done anything to make it probable that Sophie will gueat blog?

KCB on March 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

gizmo’s…

oscarwilde on March 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Yep. Axe does seem to love those gizmo thingys.

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

guest…

KCB on March 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Incredibly, last month an international news agency reported that Congress secretly approved U.S. weapons flow to what officials describe as “moderate” Syrian rebel factions. The White House refused to comment on the back-door operation, but the story cites U.S. and European officials who say the weapons deliveries have been funded by the U.S. Congress, in votes behind closed doors, through the end of government fiscal year 2014.

Resist We Much on March 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM

WOW, how sad for those Syrian Christians to be treated that way. McCain should have been dressed down by the others in the room and then made to leave. He never should have been allowed to stay. What a disgrace.

McCain didn’t want to hear the truth and with that kind of a reaction, that tells me he already knew what they said was true. The thing that set him off is he didn’t want it said in front of others. Working behind closed doors is what he and others do.

He deserves no respect, none whatsoever.

Thanks for posting that too.

bluefox on March 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

williamg on March 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Yes. :P

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:26 PM

I always thought that horn-rimmed glasses were super cool.. Buddy Holly wore ‘em.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Axe on March 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM

What, you need photoshop?

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

AUSTRALIA PRIME MINISTER SAYS SATELLITES HAVE LOCATED TWO OBJECTS IN SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN THAT LOOK LIKE AIRCRAFT PARTS

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

What the heII is a style sheet?

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM

If you’re talking about web stuff, it’s the ability to select colors, fonts, spacing and stuff like that for an entire website (or a part of one, I guess), program it in one place, and have it operate on every designated page without having to have all that programming instruction on each page.

It makes web design easier and pages load faster.

At least that’s my understanding and I probably explained it poorly.

trigon on March 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

.Senator . . . . . would you PLEASE … STOP … TESTING … THE LIMITATIONS OF OUR RESPECT FOR YOUR EXCELLENT MILITARY RECORD . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . thank you

listens2glenn on March 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM

What’s “Excellent” about it? I don’t think that’s the word for willfully or stupidly disobeying orders while flying your plane and getting your stupid hide caught by the VC………that’s not “excellent” …..it’s pitiful, ignorant and stupid….

williamg on March 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Now to back track the current(s) to approximate the point of impact. Will prove most interesting once the location is narrowed down.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM

trigon on March 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

That sounds like a description of a template to me. Hey, it works for me!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I wasn’t going to post their song…lol. I’m not that brave. You can do it because you’re from there :)

kcewa on March 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Fox News is reporting that debris has been located off the coast of Australia and is thought to be from the missing airliner…I’m sure CNN is all over it.

d1carter on March 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM

listens2glenn on March 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

I haven’t looked at any of them yet and won’t before bedtime, that’s for sure. Hearing about it on Levin by Shoebat was very disturbing.

I don’t check Drudge much, but I hope he has this info on his site.
The more people hear about it the better.

Especially Congress!

bluefox on March 19, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Breaking:
Australian PM says two objects found may be from flight 370.

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Yeah, it might be other junk also. They are going on satellite photos (again) and have sent P3′s to check it out.

Objects may be from missing Malaysia Airlines jet: Tony Abbott

climbnjump on March 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM

kringeesmom on March 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM

They can be, especially if one is able to pick out eyeglasses as a functional fashion accessory. But when that’s pretty much IT as far as one’s choices are concerned, it’s the pits–and takes an awful lot to get past one’s initial revulsion/feeling of confinement to voluntarily pick them out for every day wear.

FWIW, Mom, I’ve been wearing eyeglasses since c1964…and guess what my choice was…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM

trigon on March 19, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Axe might need a new one his got smurfed. You have any extras? I’m already trying to figure out how to give him photoshop and set up a donation page for the dentistry work he needs. Say….you’re not a dentist are you?

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I hope this is the beginning of an ending and the mystery will be solved, for the sake of the families of the passengers.

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Australian PM says two objects found may be from flight 370.

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Australian Orion aircraft is en route to the area

kcewa on March 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

The Cranberries – Linger

Axe on March 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

bluefox on March 19, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I think I had already eaten. It was horrible to hear. Hard to think of a word to describe such a thing.

bluefox on March 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM

@Kringeesmom: What I lived with for like nine years, regarding eyeglasses: http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/marilyn-monroe-131.jpg

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM

did you request a search map…?
this is a quite detailed one

going2mars on March 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM

If SparkPlug was a dentist he be like George Washington’s dentist.

Bmore on March 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Where are the trolls?

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Some of the topics tonight can’t be defended, even by trolls imo.

bluefox on March 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Putin on the move

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

“Birth control” glasses…

ladyingray on March 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Cat Eye with Rhinestones? Thanks for the pix of Marylin, she looks great in those specs.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

going2mars on March 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Good job, G2M!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

bluefox on March 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I won’t watch the videos at all. The descriptions were enough for me to visualize it.

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Putin on the move

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Yeah, well what’s another country or two. It is MUCH more important that we send Mooch, the two Moochetts and Granny Mooch to China. Let’s stay focused, folks.

climbnjump on March 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM

ladyingray on March 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I prefer to think of them as a dang good reason to develope a personality, Lady… ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 19, 2014 at 11:49 PM

“Birth control” glasses…

ladyingray on March 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Does that make them free under the ObamaCare policy?

kringeesmom on March 19, 2014 at 11:49 PM

bluefox on March 19, 2014 at 11:06 PM

…and JugEars is primping for ESPN doing brackets…while Christians and Muslims are hanging from meat hooks…and McCain is pimping for TV time…and ignores all this?
…I despise the media!

KOOLAID2 on March 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Putin on the move

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Well that’s just great. Meanwhile Barry Soetoro is only concerned with his foozeball brackets.

And the resignation of Moochelle’s gay chef is just another distraction.

Brat on March 19, 2014 at 11:52 PM

The Deslondes – Alligator Shoes

kcewa on March 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Axe on March 19, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Thank you, Axefellow, for the assist. :)

thatsafactjack on March 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Slideshow

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Have you done anything to make it probable that Sophie will gueat blog?

KCB on March 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM

She said she would. :)

But when I sent her the specs, I realized no normal person was ever going to do it. I originally designed it for me and my minions. So I worked a few months and redesigned it for normal people. I still have to send her the new specs and . . . *hangs head* finish her video tutorial. Look — that last part was my bad; I screwed up and asked. Never ask Sophie Ro if she wants A or B — her answer is never, “ha ha, very funny” — her answer is always “both.” :)

I have to tell you though, about that — I look at meeting that girl as such a completely improbably occurrence that, ever since, I’ve suspected anything is possible.

Because it is.

Axe on March 19, 2014 at 11:54 PM

thatsafactjack on March 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Evening J. Thought that oscar abducted you :)

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Thank you, Axefellow, for the assist. :)

thatsafactjack on March 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM