Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on March 16, 2014 by Erika Johnsen

Democrats are becoming increasingly alarmed about their midterm election fortunes amid President Obama’s sinking approval ratings, a loss in a special House election in Florida last week, and millions of dollars spent by Republican-aligned groups attacking the new health law.

The combination has led to uncharacteristic criticism of Mr. Obama and bitter complaints that his vaunted political organization has done little to help the party’s vulnerable congressional candidates. …

Interviews with more than two dozen Democratic members of Congress, state party officials and strategists revealed a new urgency about the need to address the party’s prospects. One Democratic lawmaker, who asked not to be identified, said Mr. Obama was becoming “poisonous” to the party’s candidates. At the same time, Democrats are pressing senior aides to Mr. Obama for help from the political network.

***

President Barack Obama and his Democrats face the challenge of limiting fallout from Obamacare and drumming up voter enthusiasm in the November congressional elections, problem areas exposed by the loss of a Florida candidate who had led in the polls.

The defeat of Democrat Alex Sink by Republican David Jolly in a special election last Tuesday has raised anxiety levels for Democrats as they struggle to hold on to control of the Senate in November and pick up seats in the Republican-held House of Representatives.

Paramount on the Democrats’ list of concerns about November is the need to ensure that voters feel motivated to go to the polls. Obama won handily in presidential elections in 2008 and 2012, but Democrats lost control of the House in the 2010 midterm elections, when his name was not on the ballot. …

A focus simply on turnout, however, could distract party leaders from recognizing the dangers presented by the president’s healthcare law and, with his approval rating mired in the mid-40s, his relative unpopularity.

***

Democratic strategist Paul Begala has some advice for Dems who are worried about their “messaging” on Obamacare after the special election loss: Stop being so damn defensive about the law and show people it’s worth fighting for, already.

“We should flip the wording of how we talk about Obamacare,” Begala told me today. “Open on offense, instead of on defense.”

Begala’s advice is rooted in a clear eyed assessment of the real Obamacare problem Dems face. It isn’t just that the law is unpopular with swing voters — yes, disapproval is running high, but repeal is also unpopular, which offers a way to fight disapproval to a draw. The more pressing problem is that Obamacare revs up the GOP base — worsening the “midterm falloff” turnout problem already present in non-presidential years — but it doesn’t excite the Dem base anywhere near enough to offset that problem.

***

The South is where President Barack Obama and Democrats long have struggled, and it’s where the party’s toughest battleground will be this year in the fight for control of the U.S. Senate.

Three incumbents must face the consequences of having voted for Obama’s health care law, but Republicans first must settle primaries in several states, including a challenge to Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

All but one of the potentially competitive races is in a state Obama lost in 2012, and the president remains deeply unpopular among whites in the region. Republicans are optimistic they can achieve the six-seat gain needed to retake the Senate.

Democratic Sens. Kay Hagan of North Carolina, Mary Landrieu of Louisiana and Mark Pryor of Arkansas are on the ballot for the first time since voting for the Affordable Care Act in 2010. The law’s wobbly start and its image as a power-grab have the incumbents on the defensive, emphasizing local issues and avoiding unnecessary mention of the second-term president who leads their party.

***

Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu has reserved $2.6 million in air time between mid-April and the end of June, according to a source tracking the ad war in the race for her Louisiana seat.

The endangered incumbent claimed nearly $2 million in time between April 21 and June 29 for 30-second TV commercials and an additional $645,000 from April 14 to May 25 for 60-second spots.

Republicans, who have relentlessly attacked Landrieu for her support of President Barack Obama’s health care law, called the large and early ad reservations a sign of desperation.

“The wheels are coming off of Mary Landrieu’s campaign,” emailed National Republican Senatorial Committee strategist Brad Dayspring. “This is what panic looks like … Perhaps Mary Landrieu demanding that voters make her reelect a referendum on Obamacare wasn’t the brightest idea.”

***

Repeal is not a policy. Repeal provides no economic security for anyone. So I think the Democrats need to go on the offense, explain how the Republican Party wants to repeal healthcare, which is a right, wants to take back those policies that would prevent discrimination against women, against people who have preexisting conditions and then lay out a robust economic agenda, minimum wage, better jobs which are being obstructed by Republicans in congress, pre-K, all kinds of things that will turn out core voters.

***

If [President Obama] doesn’t get, as I said, more involved in raising money, in getting voters excited, we know as you said that Obamacare is going to bring Republicans out. What issues can the president try to put on the table to get Democrats excited? If he doesn’t get more involved in raising money and making this a choice as Dan Pfeiffer said, you lose the Senate and if you lose the Senate, turn out the lights because the party’s over.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Calling all Wenches, Rude Buffoons, trolls and loons!

OmahaConservative on March 16, 2014 at 8:12 PM

What about pikers and Axeans? Axeans are only slightly miscreant-ish.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I will trade my page 2 Bish for a smooch.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM

“This here’s a recipe for unpleasantness.”

Murphy9 on March 16, 2014 at 9:24 PM

How sad.

bluefox on March 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM

That really sucks…

OmahaConservative on March 16, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Greetings and felicitations, Alien. I hope your evening is both pleasant and memorable.

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Good evening. The highlight of my day shall be the time I spend here tonight.

Say there, Axe — did anyone tell you that you talk funny? I mean, in a humorous way?

Well, not in that post. Mostly it’s when you and Spark Plug get to chattin’.

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

‘Rights’ You Do Not Have

Resist We Much on March 16, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Here is another one you can add to the list:

Religious Rights of the Military; well not all as this makes clear:

Christians in the U.S. military are being told they must forfeit their First Amendment rights. Bible verses are being erased from cadets’ personal dorm-room white boards, and military lawyers claim that legal protections for religion only pertain to matters such as clothing and growing beards but do not extend to any religious expression such as talking about one’s faith or posting a Bible verse.

As I said on another thread, an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is being amended. I didn’t know that could be done.

bluefox on March 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

thing cauldron of chlamydia? (“Larger image.”) Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Buzzkill.

wolly4321 on March 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

For those who doubt the superiority of cats over dogs. Marshmallow has clearly been observing his captors.

talkingpoints on March 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Say there, Axe — did anyone tell you that you talk funny?

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

You would talk funny too if you had a bucket on your head.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Buzzkill.

wolly4321 on March 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

lol

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Well, if the GOP gets more RINO’s in the Senate and they cave on repealing OnionCare, then in 2016 the Senate will flip back so fast and another Presidential cycle lost as well.

Starlink on March 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Don’t some pundits believe that the Senate is likely to flip back to a Democrat majority in 2016 regardless? I believe that I read it here on HA. Something to do with how many seats are in play?

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I love soccer. In other news Red Bull finally got caught cheating at the F1 Melbourne GP

kcewa on March 16, 2014 at 9:01 PM
What did they do?

Murphy9 on March 16, 2014 at 9:03 PM

They dared beat Ferrari last year, so Ferrari had the rules changed.

RickB on March 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM

the Britcess

???

Resist We Much on March 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM

dang it, i made sure to explicitly note that SparkPlug made that up so i wouldn’t have to feel this fear

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Texas Governor Rick Perry endorsed the re-election of United States Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) on Saturday night, according to the Washington Times

I suppose he owed him.

crankyoldlady on March 16, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Probably so, since he, Rove et al all supported Dewhurst as Perry did. I can understand why Perry did, but not the traitors. Oh, yeah, I do.

Sorry, Gov. Perry but you’ll never win joining the losers.

bluefox on March 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Hooters!!!

I like them. Fine establishments.

Good wings.

wolly4321 on March 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Nope. B9 made it up. I stole it from her and then traded it to her for a smooch.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Say there, Axe — did anyone tell you that you talk funny?

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

You would talk funny too if you had a bucket on your head.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I’ve been accused of wearing a tinfoil hat — is the bucket effect similar?

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

” … explain how the Republican Party wants to repeal healthcare, which is a right …”

It is? A Right? Healthcare is a Right? Help me here … since when? And where is it written that healthcare … ObamaCare… is a Right?

majorzot on March 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Hooters!!!

I like them. …

wolly4321 on March 16, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Who doesn’t?

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

They. Have. Not.

Unless I’ve completely misunderstood “OMG! STFU ALREADY!”

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

lol — you just threw b9 under the bus!

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

No body luckier than me I tell you. Woke up this morning and all we had around the house were two kids. The rest of the bunch, including the two in college, were gone and having spring break fun. Me , well it is all about me, was a little bummed as I don’t like a quite house and there was not a bunch of kids doing what kids do loudly all day long. The wife cooked on the smoker and I played the blues, drank beer, and yes I will admit…..had a little pity party of my own.

Then……the pictures started rolling in from their adventures. They remembered OLD dad! The smiling faces; the freckles; the sunburn; the joy in their eyes..… ..well heck, you just can’t buy that kind of happiness. My family of crab legs, RWM would understand, after being in the sun….red on the front and white on the back. Erin Go Bragh baby.

Man…oh man….I am a lucky man. Sheesh, got a little too excited and gots to rotate the depends!

HonestLib on March 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I’ve been accused of wearing a tinfoil hat — is the bucket effect similar?

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Nope. The bucket has a USB port so SWalker can hook it up to my magic 8 ball.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

SparkPlug, 99.86 % 16 days old.

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Quick ** swooshby **

Hiya y’all {{WAVES}}

Hope all is well with you peeps and peepettes!!

I be fine, busy, so have a good night and God Bless you all!!

** Swoosh **

Scrumpy on March 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM

lol — “swooshby”

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I knew you would come through with the raw data. I think about you every full moon. But I think about MG every full moon and half moon and quarter moon and 13/128 of a full moon and multiples thereof.

Hehe. BTW, what kind of home alarm system do you have? I wouldn’t have want any of your stuff to be pilfered.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

The Infamous Stringdusters – He’s Gone

You know better but I know Him
Like I told you, what I said
Steal your face right off’a your head
He’s gone, He’s gone
Like a steam locomotive rolling down the tracks
He’s gone…and nothin gonna bring him back

kcewa on March 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

canopfor on March 16, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Yay, Captain Sig of the Northwestern can get to the Opie pots this summer!

Murphy9 on March 16, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Murphy9: Had to googley Opie pots,..sounded Choom related!:)

canopfor on March 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

That darn little Scrumpy. I barely got to see her booty. Now watch, Ken will get out his binoculars.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Who doesn’t?

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM

When I was a young man like you it was all about Hooters. Now, after my oatmeal….I try to walk without me arse saying pooters.

HonestLib on March 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Nope. The bucket has a USB port so SWalker can hook it up to my magic 8 ball.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

OK, I had it backwards. You talk funny when you talk to Axe. In a humorous way, of course.

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Anyone that wants an AR15, shop now. Production has caught up. They are cheap right now.

I wanted to trade my platform for a Springfield M1A- loaded. No deal.

Local gunshop has AR’s stacked up to the roof.

wolly4321 on March 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I have a bit of a sad story from church today. The wife and I are still traveling back and forth between counties moving things from old home to new. Hectic. Not going to services consistently and in between several churches when we do have time. We stopped at a flea market where a church friend from the old home has a kiosk to tell him and his wife we’d be visiting the next day and to see how things where at the old church. We found out that our pastor Tommy Underwood had a pretty significant heart attack and was just returning tomorrow (today) to give his first sermon since it had happened. He then followed by saying he and his wife had also moved into the parsonage from their own home. So, we ask why. His insurance had been canceled under the ACA about two months ago after having it as their family policy paid privately for the better part of a decade. For the two months working up to his illness he had been trying to get other coverage and apply through the Health.gov website.

He was upbeat and smiling at the pulpit today, but it’s my understanding they are saddled with debt from his procedure and stay and about financially ruined.

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM

HonestLib on March 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Yo, try this: Blockquote my comment. Then End Blockquote.

Then type your comments. Make sure that you didn’t accidentally put the End Blockquote at the end of your words.

I’m still trying to make the multiple blockquotes look pretty and stacked.

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Don’t get in a debate with Axefellow. He uses big words. You will spend the whole night looking up stuff in the dictionary. The only chance you have is when Sophie is here. Then he forgets what verbs are for.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Oh, I don’t think you need worry about my home security. The name is Roy. Good hand. Always see’s the unexpected guests before they see him.

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

evenin’.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

When I was a young man like you …

HonestLib on March 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I’m sorry — were you speaking to me? My 55-year-old human’s ears couldn’t pick that up.

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Man, that’s rough.

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM

did i just look at a pic of some miscellaneous ******* chickens

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 8:40 PM

heh heh would I do that ???

dmacleo on March 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Wow. That story has made me half sick. ObamaCare is causing human suffering and death. Decent people are having their lives ruined.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Can’t be true – Harry Reed told me y’all made it up.

Seriously Hawk – sad to hear another story about the immediate, real impact of this travesty. Prayers for your pastor, and his family, as they deal with his health issues, and now this burden.

massrighty on March 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

HonestLib on March 16, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Life is good! Tween helped with the dishes and was pleasant and efficient. I’ll take her temperature later.

kringeesmom on March 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Never had a hot teacher until college. And she was my math teacher. No, that was not good. I was then and always WILL be bad at math.

ConstantineXI on March 16, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Why didn’t you ask her if she wanted to see your slide rule? Worse she could have said was, “no”. Then you could have told her you needed some tutoring in math…fractions, Geometry, whole division.

arnold ziffel on March 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:38 PM

P.S. Roy thought it was hilarious you pilfered my neighbor house up the lane. He just laughed and laughed. My neighbor? Yeah, she ain’t too happy with you.

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Health care is a right?
So I have a right to the product of other peoples labor just because I exist?
Well then! Where is my Lamborghini?

Doc Holliday on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Hawk., that’s sad. You know sooner or later we’ll all have instances to tell.

Effing progs.

wolly4321 on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

I would never dare to argue with the Axe. I am learning the meanings of some of those big words, though.

But isn’t verbs that liberal poster that you guys like to kick around?

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

She reads all this. I don’t know if I’m in trouble or not. She doesn’t say much, you know. Not on a in-the-trenches kind of day especially. I got three question marks for, like, two days of talking, and somewhere in there I smacked her butt with a rolled up newspaper.

I dunno man.

I . . . I dunno.

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

FYI, tell Ken that his plan to get a bunch of free stuff have been ruined by a dog named Roy.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

This woman is as dumb as dirt. I’d find economic security in knowing my fluking taxes aren’t going up and that I won’t be hit by this mandate fine/tax! Repeal is the ONLY option!

jawkneemusic on March 16, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Katrina Van den Hoover, editor of el Nacion, is an admitted communist.

slickwillie2001 on March 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

And they deny it happens or the magnitude of the disruption. Thanks all for the comments.

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

heh heh would I do that ???

dmacleo on March 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

evenin’.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Good evening, alt. Did you bring any biblical plague creatures with you this evening? Or do those only get called out when I am bad?

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

These things we deal with here are easier to deal with in the distance. We knew, we said, but it doesn’t make it easier.

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

arnold ziffel on March 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Just a pie update for you arnold. For getting MissLamar up to and back from Bourbon country yesterday I have been rewarded. Two pies, one Custard, one Shoofly pie. She says hello. ; ) Keeps wanting to know if you have been eating enough?

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Spank her with your hand. That’s what these wymenz want. Don’t use newspaper. It’s too impersonal.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Well then! Where is my Lamborghini?

Doc Holliday on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

It came to our place by mistake. I’ve adjusted the carb on it, changed to garden tires and we’re using it to pull stumps.

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Hahaha. That was funny. Yes, Twerp is friends with scary creatures.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Where is everybody tonight? I want to talk about the plane.

crankyoldlady on March 16, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Decent writeup of a couple theories, including a Red Chinese shootdown: Malay Mystery

slickwillie2001 on March 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

That’s a different kind of spanking. This was more of a playful slap.

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:49 PM

You’re welcome – thank you for your steadfastness.

BTW, we’ll be “in the neighborhood” in a couple of weeks. Mrs. massrighty and I will be visiting family in Indian Land 2 weeks hence.

Spose’ to be in the 70′s – nice break from the weather we’ve been having.

massrighty on March 16, 2014 at 9:54 PM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Ken:What sparky said.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Health care is a right?
So I have a right to the product of other peoples labor just because I exist?
Well then! Where is my Lamborghini?

Doc Holliday on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

You won’t be allowed your Lambo when you’re working for the government, Doc. You’ll have to take government-owned public transportation to your government-owned clinic, if they have their way.

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:54 PM

heatth care is a right? So I have a right to the product of other peoples labor just because I exist? Well then! Where is my Lamborghini? Doc Holliday on March 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

My taxes paid for the road you drove to Medical school on.

I’m 1/32 Cherokee. And you owe the collective.

wolly4321 on March 16, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Twerp is friends with scary creatures.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Well, she is a scary creature.

cozmo on March 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Gonna be another bad week, for O and the D’s. :)

22044 on March 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I can already hear Elijah Cummings whining about it from the future.

non-nonpartisan on March 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM

he’s doing it again

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Found one-possibly 2-german roaches loitering by my front door.
Do they count?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Ok, cool.

By the way, the Pastor should try to get into one of the religious shared medical groups that have exemption from obamacare. I am forgetting the name at the moment, sorry, I have a cold…

Meanwhile the congregation is going to have to step up and help him with established bills…

Doc Holliday on March 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Hey ALT.

Good evening, dear.

wolly4321 on March 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Found one-possibly 2-german roaches loitering by my front door.
Do they count?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Weak tea, alt. Especially after the fire-and-brimstone plagues you were calling out.

But, then again, I’m never one to turn down a snack, so …

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

cozmo on March 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I’m a bummed creature.
Still can’t find the prescription that I mislaid yesterday.
I went through all our garbage bags-including the one that I tossed in the dumpster yesterday. nothin’
They must be in the house then-but where?

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

People. A word of advise. The next time you plan a house robbery could you try to get the right address. Cripes.

Also next time synchronize your watches. It didn’t help that Ken forgot to spring forward. We had to wait and freaking hour and it was getting hot under our burglar masks and we were charged extra for renting the get away u-haul.

Plus Twerp munched all the dog biscuits so we had none to give to the guard dog.

Talk about a scrotched up mess.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

lol, you must have a fast metabolism like me. The way MissLamar takes care of you, one would think your name would be Porky.

And yes, I have been cooking and eating plenty.

arnold ziffel on March 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

he’s doing it again

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Omg. So funny. Bwaaahh wait till MG sees that.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Alien on March 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Those things give me panic attacks-because…well I shared my childhood home with many of them. That they likely come from outside is of no comfort.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Doc Holliday on March 16, 2014 at 9:57 PM

We were earmarking donations to go specifically to his bills. Pastor Underwood used to be an insurance rep himself. He thought what he had was good. The man took care of himself. He was/is athletic. Slender and no warning sights. No high BP or bad cholesterol.

As far as future plans, I’m sure they’re considering anything and everything.

I wouldn’t blame him for joining a class action lawsuit if it were even a possibility for people in his position.

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

It didn’t help that Ken forgot to spring forward.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

LOL

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Hawk, Prayers ascending for your pastor…

OmahaConservative on March 16, 2014 at 10:03 PM

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Remember when they told us that Obamacare would prevent folks from going bankrupt because of medical bills. Good times.

Prayers for your pastor and his family.. They may want to try to get coverage through Samaritan’s Purse.

kringeesmom on March 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Resist We Much on March 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

If I changed my name to Spanky instead of Sparky would you like me more?

SparkPlug on March 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM

And yes, I have been cooking and eating plenty.

arnold ziffel on March 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Yes. We do seem to share the metabolism of a humming bird thingy. She will be delighted to read this. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I waaaant pie!!! All I have is one very lonely looking Oreo.

kringeesmom on March 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Suppose the church has a site or something?

Linking problematic maybe.

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I’m a bummed creature.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Me too. But on the upside AP will be freaked about tonight’s walking dead episode. He might even have to show up for that.

cozmo on March 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

nt through all our garbage bags-including the one that I tossed in the dumpster yesterday. nothin’ They must be in the house then-but where? annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2014 at 10:00pm

Yo,, call the doc, have him phone in a refill.

Unless it’s oxy,, they will.

wolly4321 on March 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM

What a tragedy. So difficult to have such a serious health issue and then have to be burdened by finances when there was no need.

God Bless him and his Family and prayers for his needs to be met.

bluefox on March 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Oops correction.

arnold ziffel on March 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Yes. Much better. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM

After I commence pounding your bucket-head with this hammer that I have in my hand, you’re gonna feel more than fear.

Resist We Much on March 16, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Return of the Anti-Chinese League

Resist We Much on March 16, 2014 at 9:56 PM

That was really interesting.

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 10:07 PM

As far as future plans, I’m sure they’re considering anything and everything.

hawkdriver on March 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Interesting. And good for y’all. Any family history of such problems? That sometimes is more important than any one risk factor. I take it he is a nonsmoker. (Smoking outweighs all other risk factors combined.)

As far as the suing thing, yeah, this is one of those cases where somebody needs to get there butt kicked in court–I’m looking at you Kathleen Sebelius.

Doc Holliday on March 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM

OH NOES — WORST CASE SCENARIO

Axe on March 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Resist We Much on March 16, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Quit sounding so GOP on TEA party.

Murphy9 on March 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM

“their” not “there”
RWM, would he have standing?

Doc Holliday on March 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Motörhead – Dancing on Your Grave

non-nonpartisan on March 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I waaaant pie!!!

kringeesmom on March 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Wait, I’m confused, thought you were a happily married female? Don’t you bake?

Disclaimer: The above comment made by Bmore is not intended to interpreted in anyway shape manner or form as a misogynist comment. So calm down..

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 10:10 PM