Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV”

posted at 6:01 pm on March 14, 2014 by Allahpundit

“Think of it as a video version of her Facebook page,” says a source who spoke to Capital NY. I’m intrigued by the new platform she’s going to use:

The channel will be available through Tapp, the digital video service founded by former CNN chief Jon Klein and former NBC Universal entertainment executive Jeff Gaspin. Subscriptions will cost $10 per month…

Palin’s channel will feature video commentaries from the former Republican vice-presidential candidate, discussing current events and political issues…

That said, Rogue is also expected to feature footage of Palin and her family in Alaska, much as the 2010 TLC reality series, “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,” did. (TLC’s parent company, Discovery Communications, is an investor in Tapp.)

It will also have advice and guidance from Palin, such as tips for parents and recipes. There are also tentative plans to have subscribers engage in regular video chats with Palin.

Here’s the Tapp website, although you’ll learn more by watching the clip below than by clicking the link. They’re lining up celebrities to partner with, but not just any celebrities; they want people known for having “super-fans” who hang on their every word, as one of the founders puts it. If you’re going to launch an expensive professional video platform and charge 10 bucks a month for each channel (more than Netflix and Hulu, do note), you need to be very sure upfront that there’s a loyal consumer base of thousands out there who’ll pay to watch. Tapp’s offering a virtual TV studio out of the box; in return, they want celebrities who can offer a devoted audience out of the box. That’s why they approached Palin. And that’s why you’re not going to see “The John McCain Channel” anytime soon.

My question is, how much of each channel’s content will be shot professionally, in studios and/or with pro equipment, and how much will be shot by the celeb himself on cell-phone video a la YouTube? Probably there’ll be a mix — a video version of a Facebook page will presumably include some less formal “posts” — but the two guys who founded the site are former bigwigs at NBC and CNN, so there will assuredly be professional quality to some of it. Maybe even all of it, depending on what they have in mind. That’s why I say it sounds intriguing.

Either way, as amateur cameras get better and video becomes cheaper to produce, eventually every celebrity will have their own professional-looking channel somewhere online, just like nearly all of them have Twitter accounts now. Palin’s ahead of the curve.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

OVER

T

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM

V

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM

MEOW

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM

What in the blessed HANG kind of ‘overuse of bandwidth’ is that ?
. . . : )

listens2glenn on March 16, 2014 at 8:36 PM

idesign on March 15, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Not true.

And sorry, but people here are conservatives, not BB/Freepers.

RUexperienced on March 16, 2014 at 8:43 PM

How do they get the content to your TV? For $10 per month, this needs to be easily viewed on a TV, not just a computer.

edrebber on March 17, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Well this explains why she didn’t hook up with Beck over at the Blaze.

What exactly does she know about running a network? In Beck’s defense he’s been in the television and information business for what decades?

I bet she starts it up and then sells it to someone for $$$ and then does something new.

I wish her all the best but she lost me when she turned down the chance to run against Obama (whom she rails about constantly).

PappyD61 on March 17, 2014 at 8:58 AM

MEOW

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Living rent free in your head does not appeal to me.
Get over yourself Kitty Cat.

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Lolz! Ownership hard for you. No little p u s s y the beatings shall continue. Embrace the suck. Of course you could try to actually engage in a dialog. You won’t though. Meow

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Feeding time. Meow

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM

PappyD61 on March 17, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Well, let’s see: She does have a degree in Journalism with a minor in Political Science.

She was a sports reporter and weekend sports anchor.

She did do a show about Alaska.

She is doing another show about America.

She has hosted and commentated on air for four years now.

I suspect she didn’t join Beck because he is an unstable, up and down, on and off, right about some things until he decides to do a 180, over the top, backstabber. Something like that.

And you have NO idea just HOW MUCH the last election was rigged BY THE GOP to lose.

NO IDEA.

I suggest figuring it out before the 2016 election rolls around …

hrh40 on March 17, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Good grief aren’t you a grown man pushing 60? If I didn’t know better I’d guess you were a 12 year old punk with that comment. What the heck are you even talking about? Ownership? Beatings? Embrace the suck? lolz duh duh duh.
Is that what you call engaging in dialogue? I’m sure Sarah is real impressed with you posting that childish nonsense on a blog about her new TV show. Way to sully an interesting thread.

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Living rent free in your head does not appeal to me.

Of course not. Lolz!

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I read this entire website almost daily (for the quality of the blogging and to…gasp..stay informed on the issues that are important to me.)I already know more about you and why than I care to. Now I know your sensitive too.

Lolz!!!

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 1:24 PM

You’ve saved my old comments to use out of context?
Now you’re just creeping me out.

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Yeah, Bmore . . . . . you’ve ruined everything …..

That was supposed to be MY job . . . . . dammit !

You’ve saved my old comments to use out of context?
Now you’re just creeping me out.

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 2:49 PM

We pretty much all do that … we’re just those kind of “stalkers”.

listens2glenn on March 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 2:49 PM

My apologies. Wasn’t a very heavy lift though. You are most of the way there all on your own. Tell you what Meow. Before I started using your nom in the place of Over, a search of your comments on this site yielded about six returns. Not so anymore. Lolz! Funny thing search engines. ; ) At any rate I will take you on the wayback machine to the comment you made about me to another poster here at HA. Frankly it was the first time you even registered on my radar. Small wonder, you had after all made so few comments. So…..here you go. P.S. Let me know when you feel like answering my straight forward and simple enough question I posed for you there. Hint; You do this and I will desist from using your nom in place of Over. Deal?

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Oh, Meow, to make it even easier for you here is where I asked the question. Same place pretty much just slightly down thread. Wouldn’t want you to miss it again. ; )

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 3:47 PM

To all my apologies if you feel I have sullied this thread. Please except this as my most humble apology to all. ; )

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM

listens2glenn on March 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I had hopes Meow would turn out to be this one. Could have been a lot of fun. At least meow meow has a sense of humor. ; )

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 4:02 PM

You do this and I will desist from using your nom in place of Over. Deal?

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I don’t care what you do, you can use my nom all you want. Go silly with it.
The thread you’re obsessed with I replied to a Frank not to encourage you. You’re a serial spammer, rarely on topic and talk incessantly about your personal life. I take it you’re not OVER it you big baby. Instead here you are intent on making yourself the topic of conversation once again. You should consider forging real relationships outside of the cyber world, you take this shit way too serious.

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Aww, poor, poor baby. I was right about you then. Lolz!

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM

That was the topic of discussion I was engaged in when I last got on here to comment. I’ve since left work commuted 60 miles, made dinner, watered the garden, watched some awesome beach volleyball and gymnastics and just got a chance to log back in to see the responses to my earlier comments. I decided to comment back. I see you haven’t left your chair.

Lolz! Too freaking easy. ; )

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 5:48 PM

MEOW

Bmore on March 16, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Living rent free in your head does not appeal to me.
Get over yourself Kitty Cat.

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM

@Meow on March 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Of course not. Lolz!

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 1:19 PM

You’ve saved my old comments to use out of context?
Now you’re just creeping me out.

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I don’t care what you do, you can use my nom all you want. Go silly with it.

Meow on March 17, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Aww, poor, poor baby. I was right about you then. Lolz!

Bmore on March 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM

We need to get these two a ROOM . . . . . pronto !

listens2glenn on March 17, 2014 at 6:23 PM