Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on March 14, 2014 by Allahpundit

Once carried like a conquering hero, President Obama is now pleading with donors for help to push his agenda, having to convince them that his record is something that should wow them.

“Do you still have my back?” Obama asks in a new letter to donors and contributors. “You should be proud of what we have been able to accomplish together,” he argues. “Can I count on you?”…

The fundraising letter for the Democratic National Committee even offers potential members a gift, a half-sized bumper sticker that reads, “I’ve STILL got his back.”

***

The White House has often asserted that the president and his cabinet have flexibility to depart from the letter of the law if the modification or delay is consistent with the spirit of the legislation. The words used to describe these actions are often vague or general in nature, but in testimony Wednesday before the House Ways and Means Committee, Kathleen Sebelius used remarkably candid language to refer to her agency’s rewrites of Obamacare. In an exchange with Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y.) over why the administration had not sent legislation to Congress to alter problematic portions of the law, Sebelius said…:

“We have implemented a number of changes in the way the law was written to ease the transition into the marketplace” for consumers, insurers and employers.

The secretary seemed to be suggesting that legislative fixes were not necessary because the executive branch already had the power to change “the way the law was written.” The president has affirmed this position in the statement released on Wednesday opposing H.R. 4138 ,which calls on the president to “Faithfully Observe and Respect Congressional Enactments of the Law” or face a possible lawsuit by Congress, arguing that Congress’s complaints over his administration’s rewrites are essentially “political disputes.”

***

The Obama administration has carved out a swath of exemptions for Obamacare’s individual mandate that could conceivably apply to anyone who claims to have a “hardship” in obtaining health insurance…

[T]he open-ended language has baffled even those sympathetic to Obamacare.

“An individual applicant would still need to show that they had suffered a hardship, but the language is awfully open-ended. It is hard to imagine what they were thinking when the threw the door open this wide,” said Tim Jost, a health law professor at Washington & Lee University who supports Obamacare.

Salon columnist Brian Beutler put it more bluntly: “The individual mandate is riddled with loopholes large enough to drive just about every uninsured person in the country through,” he wrote. “It even troubles some of the law’s most steadfast supporters.”

***

Some have speculated that the bulk of the new sign-ups have come from those with previous insurance plans that got cancelled because of Obamacare, which would mean fewer Americans than expected are actually gaining coverage as a result of the law who otherwise wouldn’t have it. HHS hasn’t released data on the prior insurance status of those selecting a plan through one of the exchanges, leaving health care policy analysts to parse various surveys looking for clues.

So I decided to do a little experiment. All else being equal, I postulated, if Obamacare sign-ups were mostly coming from the ranks of the uninsured, then states with the highest percentages of uninsured should be signing up the most people on a population-adjusted basis…

As you can see, Texas, the state with the highest percentage uninsured, ranked 27th in terms of adjusted Obamacare sign-ups. Overall, seven of the states with the top 10 uninsured percentages did not crack the top 10 states for Obamacare sign-ups by percentage, and six of the states didn’t make the top 26. The exceptions were Florida, California and Montana, which were on the top 10 of both lists…

[I]f Obamacare is to make a more significant dent in the number of the uninsured, it’s probably going to need deeper penetration into those states with the highest rates of uninsured residents.

***

That could be one reason why Democrats seem so vexed over how to handle Obamacare in midterm campaigning. Many have adopted the “keep and fix” approach used unsuccessfully by Democrat Alex Sink in this week’s special election to fill the House seat in Florida’s 13th Congressional District. The problem is, they’re strong on the “keep” part but confused on the “fix” part.

When asked how she would fix Obamacare, Sink offered small suggestions that would not have addressed the higher premiums, higher deductibles, and narrower choices the law has imposed on millions of Americans. Other Democrats who have also pledged to fix Obamacare have offered even fewer ways to actually do it.

And they’re not getting any help from the administration

But they have to do something. It’s conventional wisdom that Republicans who advocate getting rid of Obamacare have to offer an alternative. Now, it’s just as true that Democrats who advocate fixing Obamacare have to offer a fix. Soon.

***

The spectacle of the president of the United States turning into a pitchman for multibillion-dollar publicly traded insurance companies is jarring. It also represents quite a journey for Obama, who once described himself as a “proponent” of single-payer health care, which largely eliminates for-profit insurers.

But Obama finds himself in this situation due to a combination of his own choices and political constraints. He rejected market-based reforms of the health care system (such as allowing the purchase of insurance across state lines and ending the discrimination in the tax code against individuals buying insurance on their own) that would have increased competition for insurance and brought down premiums.

At the same time, he wasn’t willing to take on the insurance industry and support a much more disruptive single-payer system. His olive branch to the left — a government-run health insurance option to be sold on the exchanges along with privately administered plans — couldn’t pass through the Senate even with Democrats controlling 60 votes…

Thus far, the program is tracking well below expectations.

***

Trying to pussyfoot around Obamacare was an awkward strategy, and, evidently, it didn’t work. If other Democrats are to avoid meeting Sink’s fate in November, they need something more convincing to say about the Affordable Care Act than “mend it, don’t end it,” which is now their default position. But what could that be?

Here’s a heretical idea. Rather than parsing the individual elements of the law, and trying to persuade voters on an à la carte basis, what about raising the stakes and defending the reform in its entirety as a historic effort to provide affordable health-care coverage to tens of millions of hard-working Americans who otherwise couldn’t afford it? Instead of shying away from the populist and redistributionist essence of the reform, which the White House and many Democrats in Congress have been doing since the start, it’s time to embrace it.

What would that mean? It would involve reaching out to the Democratic Party’s core voters—lower-income people, minorities, highly educated liberals—and portraying Obamacare as the fulfillment of the great human-rights project that began in the nineteen-thirties, under Franklin D. Roosevelt, and was expanded during the nineteen-sixties, under Lyndon Johnson. That message wouldn’t merely be more honest; it would be more effective in getting Democratic voters to turn out in November, which is essential if the Party isn’t to suffer a repeat of 2010.

***

Via Guy Benson.

***

***

Via CNS.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

B

CurtZHP on March 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM

CurtZHP on March 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Maybe a big red “TEA” on your shirt… Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Already have those, in red. Tuscon Tea Party. Goes well with the Ruger.

wolly4321 on March 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM

listens2glenn on March 14, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Sasha-my torie/meezer mix-is 14 and starting to get the old lady cat look. She’s also become a pistol. Despite having no claws-we didn’t do it. she was rescue cat-she’s started climbing on the kitchen table and attacking our 6 year old tabby ‘just because’. LoL

*The youngest-a gray/white tuxie girl-is the alpha. Neither of them attack her.*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM

She’ll drag her heels, but she’ll get the message soon enough ;-)

You so LUCKY!! I thought mine was going to be a bad case of “Join the USAF and see Texas!!” Basic, tech training, first duty station…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:01 PM

I keep telling her that this her productive adult training. She’ll be an ace dishwasher/toilet scrubber when she enters her job training program at McDonalds.

When we checked into a hotel the other day, the Front Desk Supervisor was vacuuming. I made sure to point it out to tween that these skills sure do come in handy in the real world.

As for USAF did Texas to Illinois to Sacramento. Saw the world!

kringeesmom on March 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Evening Jackster!

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Poison Arrow — ABC

CurtZHP on March 14, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Hawai’i wants to ban eating dogs and cats…

Del Dolemonte on March 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:13 PM

We acquired a Belgian shepherd–someone dumped him near where the Old Man was working. He brought the shepherd home and we had him for the longest time! He had been out in the wild for a spell, though–had to douse the trash each night with cayenne pepper to get him to leave it alone–but he was a true and faithful dog.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I wondered because you don’t know how old he is, so you must not have gotten him as a kitten, and if a friend gave him to you he’d have likely had a vet record estimating his age.

It’s kind of you to have taken him in. I wish I could help you with remedying what ails him.

thatsafactjack on March 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Good evening, B9. :) Delightful, as always, to see you.

thatsafactjack on March 14, 2014 at 9:18 PM

kringeesmom on March 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Try telling her it’s OJT Life Skills Training :P

San Antonio, Wichita Falls, San Antonio, Wiesbaden, West Germany…yep!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM

It’s surprizing what they can do without claws. My 3 all have theirs. At least I didn’t have to have Horatio fixed. He seems to have already been done. I had the other 2 done and Willow, Winston’s sister. She ran away or got killed but if she did run away at least she won’t be producing any kittens.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

I had to put down my kitty of 14 yrs, about 2 weeks ago.
1st time in my life I had to ever do that. It was heart breaking for me but I knew it was time.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

they’ll be getting a roadmap to you.

ProudinNC on March 14, 2014 at 8:53 PM

And what do they do with it?

I know full well the enforcement mechanisms will become more draconian. That’s kinda why it’s important to defy it early.

Maybe they’ll make me wear an armband,, identifying me as uninsured.

wolly4321 on March 14, 2014 at 9:06 PM

They’ll seize your bank axxount.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Let ‘em.

I won’t sign up, either . . . . . (but I’m on disability, so they already have my info, anyway).

I know multiple persons out here where I live, who “will NOT comply” … period.

listens2glenn on March 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

I had to put down my kitty of 14 yrs, about 2 weeks ago.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

So sorry. So sad. The trouble is they don’t live as long as we do.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Oh, B9!! I’m so sorry! Condolences to you!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

. . . B I S H O P ! ! !

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2014 at 9:21 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

So sorry. So sad. The trouble is they don’t live as long as we do.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Thx col. I know.
I’m sorry about Horatio.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Get a sensible hat, and claim the Amish exemption. We are all Reformed Amish now!! kringeesmom on March 14, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Isn’t working for Conestoga.

I used to work for them. Great company.

wolly4321 on March 14, 2014 at 9:22 PM

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

But they brighten our lives while they’re with us, COL. To me, that’s the important part!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:22 PM

BBL

thatsafactjack on March 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM

listens2glenn on March 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Civil disobedience on a national scale…what will he do? What. Will. He. Do.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

I had to put down our 11 year old Faux Russian blue in ’08. Sasha was 8 at the time. I couldn’t wait for her to hit 12.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2014 at 9:24 PM

thatsafactjack on March 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I’ve had cats all my life. Our first cat was a calico named Mrs. Smith. I was a baby when my father found her wandering around the strip district in Pittsburgh where he worked. When she got older she used to have seizures and my mother would give her a shot of whisky to bring her around. I only ever bought one cat. The rest have all just moved in with us.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:24 PM

COL- I closed my bank accounts, years ago.

wolly4321 on March 14, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Oh, B9!! I’m so sorry! Condolences to you!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Thx Newtie.
She suffered a long time with a condition. Been getting her steroid shots for the past 5 years about every 4 weeks. But those are hard on the organs..especially coupled with her age. Seeing her suffer…was awful.
I have 3 others..hopefully they will live long.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I suppose some breeds live longer than others.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM

And I’m sure you each took turns helping the other ones cope. I so hate it when pets are suffering!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Sophie,

How is it possible that an illegal in Colorado has standing to sue the rescuers but Congress has to pass a law (Obismal must follow the law) so they can get standing to go to court? Help!!

No Time Clock on March 14, 2014 at 8:51 PM

You don’t have to be a citizen or legal resident to have standing to sue in a tort case.

In disputes between the Executive and Legislative branches, the Court has often considered them to be ‘political,’ not legal issues. Thus, the Court has decided that there is standing only in very rare cases and, usually, in a situation where legislation specifically grants the branch standing and a cause of action against the other. Otherwise, for standing, the Petitioner must show either that actual harm has occurred or that there is a high probability that it will occur.

Believe it or not, the failure to ‘faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and…to the best of (his) ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States’ does not necessarily constitute an actual harm. Further, if Congress believes that the President has failed to act in a manner consistent with his oath, then the appropriate response, in the eyes of the Court, is impeachment by the House and conviction/removal by the Senate.

Resist We Much on March 14, 2014 at 9:29 PM

So sorry. So sad. The trouble is they don’t live as long as we do.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Yea, but they do live happy when they are with us.

HonestLib on March 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Under My Wheels is my favorite off that album. 18 is not bad though.

gh on March 14, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Thx Newtie.
I have 3 others..hopefully they will live long.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Dying isn’t as bad as watching them suffer. Georgie is 13. I guess he’ll be next unless Winston kills himself falling off the roof.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:31 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

… I’m sorry baz! …not easy…when you know it’s time…it hurts…but you know you did right too!… what was its name?…know you had one but don’t recall you mentioning its name.
I did it with an old dog I inherited…never thought I’d see myself crying like a baby when we did it…but I think it was because I didn’t realize it would be so peaceful.

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2014 at 9:31 PM

listens2glenn on March 14, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Civil disobedience on a national scale…what will he do? What. Will. He. Do.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM

The “candy-ass-in-chief” isn’t necessarily our problem. Rogue agents within the IRS, FBI, BATF, etc could be. Oh … and don’t forget Valerie Jarrett.

listens2glenn on March 14, 2014 at 9:32 PM

COL- I closed my bank accounts, years ago.

wolly4321 on March 14, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Good idea. I still have a savings account mainly because my SS has to go somewhere. They won’t send a check anymore. But I try to take a lot of it out.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Dying isn’t as bad as watching them suffer.
crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:31 PM

That is how I felt.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:33 PM

When I was in first grade or so we took in a stray silver tabby kitten.

That cat lived a little over twenty years ’til she dropped while still darting about like a youngster when her ticker finally gave out.

When that cat reached about 18 years my parents wondered whether to set up a trust fund in case that cat outlived all of us.

viking01 on March 14, 2014 at 9:33 PM

gh on March 14, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Ask and ye shall receive :-D

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM

So sorry to read about the kitty issues folks are having. My favorite ever cat Wokkie died suddenly during the night in Jan 2013. She was only five yrs. old and Kitten was her mother…

OmahaConservative on March 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM

civil disobedience on a national scale…what will he do? What. Will. He. Do. Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:23 Pm

We’ll know soon enough. Think it will get better if we sweep the midterms?

What happened last midterms?

We got Lois Lerner.

IMHO,, that’s peanuts of what I think looms.

People speak of tipping points. I’m pretty sure we are there. The progs are all in. Final victory is what they see, and we’ve seen before what they are willing to do.

wolly4321 on March 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM

listens2glenn on March 14, 2014 at 9:32 PM

I have the feeling that, once zero’s booted out on his skinny posterior, VJ won’t be far behind.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:36 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Thx KA2. I had 4.
Her name was Mama Kitty.
A stray my other half found.

I have an orange tabby named Sam…a grey and black tabby named Mr. Chill…and his sister named Storm.

Yeah…I was balling too.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Unfortunately my internet connection has been 56KB/s instead of 7Mb/s for the past week. So I if I listen to tunes the rest of the family bitches at me.

Cable company has horrible service. I will be getting a DSL line next week … probably switch the cable to another provider after that. Turns out there are now 40+ ISPs in my part of Toronto and 10+ of them provide both cable and DSL. Trying the best rated ones first … I had no idea the govt had done this but Bell Canada was forced to allow other people to service DSL on their lines about 15 years ago and the cable company (rogers) is also a monopoly so I guess they did it to be “fair” …

gh on March 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM

wolly4321 on March 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Wolly, I know Lerner was with the FEC during Clinton’s regime. Her stellar performance had to have been brought to someone’s attention to get her where she was with the IRS.

I STILL want Articles of Impeachment brought up against zero–and Dinghy Harry won’t be able to bury it in his Republican Dumpster For All Things Obstructionist, either.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM

A little ode to all the kitties!

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:40 PM

OmahaConservative on March 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM

That reminds me. You guys talk about apple heads. I didn’t know there were such things as wedge headed cats. When I was a kid we took in a cat. We named her Puss. We weren’t creative children. She was skinny with a wedge shaped head and very little fur. She inevitably had a bunch of kittens who were skinny and bow legged and had almost no fur. We thought they were deformed or there was something wrong with them. It wasn’t until a few years ago I found out there were cats like that. I’m just kind of surprised there were some like that back in the 50′s. Maybe someone was experimenting and she was their throwaway

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:42 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

So sorry to hear, as I know how hard those choices are to make. You did the right thing by your kitty, though, and the right thing is often the hardest decision. Sleep tight and, as always, hold your pillow real close, and know that we are with you and the Sun and the morning.

TXUS on March 14, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Americans hate math, but it’s time to break out the calculators.

All these delays to the mandates, all these people being allowed to “keep their plans,” spell DOOM for ObamaCare. Here’s why:

Mostly, the working people who already had insurance were the most needed in the exchanges, even more than “young healthies.” Many of the young qualify for subsidies so they don’t bring much to the pot. It’s the people who work and pay for their own insurance and those working for small businesses and yes, those working for large companies with good group plans that are going to be cancelled who are the life’s blood of ObamaCare.

It’s those who don’t qualify for subsidies who must pay virtually doubled premiums for similar or worse coverage who are really supposed to PAY for all the new mandated benefits, for all the older and sicker people being covered for less, and all the new Medicaid enrollees – not to mention the tax subsidies for the lower income folks. Without them, there is no money. The system falls on its face unless Congress is willing to give Obama tens of billions of new money now and forever for his unpopular law.

Adjoran on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Yeah…I was balling too.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I sure hope that you meant to say “bawling.” As in crying your eyes out.

That other term … well, in my neck of the woods, it means …

Oh, sorry. Good evening Vietn– umm, HotAir!

Alien on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:36 PM

These people should be arrested, prosecuted and thrown in jail. But you don’t really think that will ever happen even if there is someday a Republican president. They’ll probably get amnesty.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

TXUS on March 14, 2014 at 9:44 PM

What a very sweet post TXUS. Thank you.

Thx to all for the condolences.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Alien on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

LOL! Yes..meant bawling. Sorry..on some strong meds…
kinda in la la land.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM

OmahaConservative on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Words fail me.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Alien on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

A Gracious Good Evening to you, too, Alien!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I would’ve blamed spell checker AND meds… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Resist We Much on March 14, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Thank you ma’am, you are a treasure! Glad you are back and on the mend!

No Time Clock on March 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM

OmahaConservative on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Words fail me.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:49 PM

*stream of profanity*
Some days I scare myself..becoming filled with hate at times.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:38

You will sooner see guns.

Make no mistake. We have a dictator. If whorehouse harry ried loses majority status, what follows is complete disolvment of the the Congress.

I’m telling you,, it will all break down.

Congress won’t exist. And eric holder still has a job.

I fear the next few years.

wolly4321 on March 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM

LOL! Yes..meant bawling. Sorry..on some strong meds…
kinda in la la land.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Not such a bad place to be, really, the time away will do you good. :)
Sorry for your ordeal.

Alien on March 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Just for you Newtie.

Remember Don Kirshner’s Rock Concert??

Eagles 1974, first posted on last evening’s QOTD

for all you Stoners from that Era.

ToddPA on March 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I’m in.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM

lol! yeah..and spell check! ;)

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Alien on March 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM

lol…in la la land quite often.

Thank you Alien.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Alien on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I would’ve blamed spell checker AND meds… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM

…lol!…we needed that!

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM

A Gracious Good Evening to you, too, Alien!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Kon ban wa — Mrs. Alien passed through a minute ago, told me to “get off the da__ computer.”
She is only concerned for my health. I have been working through illness this week, and wouldn’t you know who came up on the schedule for Saturday duty tomorrow? 8 to 5. Loooooong day.

Alien on March 14, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Yeah…I was balling too.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I sure hope that you meant to say “bawling.” As in crying your eyes out.

That other term … well, in my neck of the woods, it means …

Oh, sorry. Good evening Vietn– umm, HotAir!

Alien on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

“Good night, everybody !”

listens2glenn on March 14, 2014 at 9:58 PM

The internet ate my last comment. Grrr….

gh on March 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM

You guys like music. This is the one that does it for me.

Never did this before. Hope it works.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Hi Twerp. What are you in? Trouble again?

gh on March 14, 2014 at 10:00 PM

OmahaConservative on March 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Words fail me.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 9:49 PM

We’ve got a worse one in Colorado (in my view) just came out.
San Luis Valley animal rescue got a 12 week old black lab puppy found on the side of the road stuffed in a box – had been shot, beaten and throat slit, but still alive. The poor thing is doing ok after a local fixed her up, but $300 vet bill, and they’re looking for whoever did it.
We have 2 dogs from that very same animal rescue group – and they’re just wonderful dogs.
Breaks your heart to see what some people will do.

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Never did this before. Hope it works.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM

It worked, great tune…

OmahaConservative on March 14, 2014 at 10:01 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM

So sorry to hear that. It’s so difficult to go through.

We were taking our cat to the vet twice a week for fluids. Our vet was getting upset with us that we hadn’t put her down. Our kitty had been part of our lives since the kids were little. We used to kid about our cat thinking the kids were her kittens. She would stay at the top of the stairs until everyone was in bed. Then she would make the rounds, and if anyone had had a particularly bad day or was sick, she would choose that bed to sleep on.

The pain of losing a beloved pet is hard.

INC on March 14, 2014 at 10:03 PM

*stream of profanity*

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I’ve been gradually moving from Ladylike Demeanor to Saucy (but Not Naughty) Wench here…y’all are a bad influence on me… :-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 10:03 PM

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Bob Seger was one of my favorites. Love “Roll me away”.

Barred on March 14, 2014 at 10:04 PM

for all you Stoners from that Era.
ToddPA on March 14, 2014 at 9:53 PM

You betcha – I’ve got the Eagles Hotel California, The Long Run, and Greatest Hits, as well as Beatles White Album, and hundreds more on VINYL!

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:04 PM

gh on March 14, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Click the link.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 14, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Thank you ma’am, you are a treasure! Glad you are back and on the mend!

No Time Clock on March 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM

TYVVM!!!

Resist We Much on March 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM

You did that bee-YOO-tifully, COL!! Bodacious selection, too!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 10:03 PM

lol…I have gotten better this past year. The old B9 was baddddddddddd.

btw..tell Coffee I miss her and wish her a speedy recovery.
Love me some CL. She is a doll.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Barred on March 14, 2014 at 10:04 PM

“Turn the Page” does it for me!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Never did this before. Hope it works.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Shut it off too quick to know – it started up with a Tampax commercial….

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I had a pet, once.

Alien on March 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I’m so glad there are some organizations doing good work. They had to take a lot of animals from a so-called rescue group recently. They were in bad shape. I don’t know what these people were about.

Ohio has a law now banning having exotic animals. There was an incident where someone who had some decided to commit suicide and let all these dangerous animals out. Authorities had no choice but to shoot them. If they had gotten very far away no telling what they might have done. We have a sensible governor. They didn’t get hysterical and make a bad law. They thought it out first.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 10:07 PM

you are a treasure! Glad you are back and on the mend!

No Time Clock on March 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM

She really is the bomb! I have learned so much from her.
She would make an excellent professor.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 10:07 PM

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM

May I suggest Adblock Plus? Works like a charm for me ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 10:07 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 9:37 PM

So sorry – it’s hard.
I’ve been through that a few times with dogs and cats.

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Shut it off too quick to know – it started up with a Tampax commercial….

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I don’t get a commercial.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Shut it off too quick to know – it started up with a Tampax commercial….

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I don’t get a commercial.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I think it was snark…

OmahaConservative on March 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM

May I suggest Adblock Plus? Works like a charm for me ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I’ll have to try it.
Does it block ads in youtube videos?

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM

INC on March 14, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Sure is INC. Thank you for sharing.

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I like Hotel California. You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave.

crankyoldlady on March 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM

bazil9 on March 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM

CL certainly is a treasure! I miss her here at night, too. :-(

This bug has her turning in early to get some rest. I can’t wait until she’s better.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM

dentarthurdent on March 14, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Yes. And those “Click on my other site” pop-ups still come on, but not as badly.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 14, 2014 at 10:11 PM