Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank

posted at 6:41 pm on March 13, 2014 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, if you were a 10-year-old moviegoing American boy in the mid- to late-80s, your fondest dream is now within reach. The response online has been amazing, with nearly two million YouTube views for the clip since yesterday as I write this. Coming soon, presumably: “Punch a large Russian in the face with Sylvester Stallone.” There’s never been a better time. Strike while the iron is hot.

Schwarzenegger’s not doing this for fun (or rather, not just for fun). It’s a promo for Omaze, a site that raises money for charity by raffling off a chance to spend time with celebrities in novel settings. The prize for one contest last year was the right to watch the “Breaking Bad” finale with the cast, and to be driven there by Aaron Paul — in an RV. Here’s the page for Arnold’s raffle. I’m waiting for the one where you get to talk about nothing interesting with the cast of “The Walking Dead” for 15 hours at a remote farm house.

Comments

Note there is no .50 BMG mounted, because someone banned them.

mad saint jack on March 13, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Off topic : just listened to Juan Williams on Fox all stars. The man is not capable of a rational thought.

esr1951 on March 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Don’t blame me, I voted for Tom McClintock…

OmahaConservative on March 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Now, if the offer was to crush Sacramento while the ledge is in session…hmmm…

vnvet on March 13, 2014 at 6:57 PM

esr1951 on March 13, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Could not be more off topic.

Can’t we just talk about Arnold crushing things with a tank?

nicktjacob on March 13, 2014 at 7:06 PM

You all are a bunch of Hot Airheads!

Lanceman on March 13, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I’d much rather bake some brownies with Mary-Louise Parker.

Murphy9 on March 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Aw man, that is my favorite light tank.

Hmmmm…Because of him I was able to buy a Hummer.

Because of him I was able to buy…

cozmo on March 13, 2014 at 7:14 PM

The result of years of anabolic steroid use is on display once again. Well, that and marrying a Kennedy.

Mr. Arrogant on March 13, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Will he lay in front of it

RickB on March 13, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Can’t we just talk about Arnold crushing things with a tank?

nicktjacob on March 13, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Sorry! :)

Arnold crushing things, with or without a tank, is a great topic!

esr1951 on March 13, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Maybe it was the tight shirt, or the flashy ’80s pop music, or the repeated invite to the boys to join him for fun, but that was just, you know, kinda gay. There was a definite homoerotic vibe to that.

HugoDrax on March 13, 2014 at 7:29 PM

You all are a bunch of Hot Airheads!

Lanceman on March 13, 2014 at 7:09 PM

And proud of it, gosh darn it!

NavyMustang on March 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I wanted to vote for McClintock, but didn’t want to split the vote. Bustamante would have been horrible.

Don’t blame me, I voted for Tom McClintock…

OmahaConservative on March 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM

The ballot had two questions.
The first question was whether Davis, the sitting governor, should be recalled; those voting on it were 55.4% in favor of recall and 44.6% opposed.
The second question was who would replace the governor in the event of a majority voted on the recall question. Among those voting on the potential replacement, Schwarzenegger received a plurality of 48.6%, by surpassing Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante’s 31.5% – about a 3-to-2 ratio. Republican Tom McClintock received 13.5% of the vote – less than half the share of the candidate he trailed. Green Party candidate Peter Camejo polled 2.8%, trailing the third-place candidate almost 4-to-1. Each remaining candidate polled 0.55% or less.

ncinca on March 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM

ncinca on March 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Yeah, thats what everyone said at the time. Imagine if we all had voted for the real conservative and not the RINO? How are you liking Moonbeam 2.0?

OmahaConservative on March 13, 2014 at 8:00 PM

OmahaConservative on March 13, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I’m a native Californian. I have voted in every election I could, and that goes back a ways. I know my vote counts for very little, but I vote as if it does. And I won’t waste it on “imagine” when it could backfire so badly.

Moonbeam 2.0? Still loopy, only with less hair.

ncinca on March 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Anyway, Tom McClintock has been serving in the US Congress since 2009, so he didn’t exactly go away.

ncinca on March 13, 2014 at 8:46 PM

HugoDrax on March 13, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Gay folk see what they wanna see.

Splashman on March 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I’m waiting for the one where you get to talk about nothing interesting with the cast of “The Walking Dead” for 15 hours at a remote farm house.posted at 6:41 pm on March 13, 2014 by Allahpundit

That show has really gotten to you, hasn’t it?

Barred on March 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Amend the Constitution. Let’s see how Putin deals with him.

Professor Blather on March 13, 2014 at 9:04 PM

ncinca on March 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I only lived inn San Diego for thirty years…

OmahaConservative on March 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Arnie driving around pointlessly in a tank is a good lead into him talking about his huge concerns about global warming and how we have to cut back our miserly energy use as he catches his magnificent Gulfstream jet to somewhere else in the world.

RJL on March 13, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I only lived inn San Diego for thirty years…

OmahaConservative on March 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Then you know the “Hail Mary” votes get you not just nowhere, but sometime worse than nowhere. I wish with all my heart it was different, but we’re just not there yet.

ncinca on March 13, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Amend the Constitution. Let’s see how Putin deals with him.

Professor Blather on March 13, 2014 at 9:04 PM

If his time facing down the Dems in CA is any indication, Putin would roll him and become the de facto President of the US. Then Arnold will fly around accepting meaningless awards and scolding the country for not appreciating his pragmatism in getting rolled.

fitzfong on March 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM

LOL, and I’ve never even seen the show.

SomeCallMeJohn on March 13, 2014 at 10:06 PM

We used to do this at 1st Tank Bn in Camp Pendleton in the 80′s. They’d bring in a car and raffle off a chance to crush it with an M60 to raise money for Navy Relief or other causes. It truly is a blast.

SoonerMarine on March 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM

“Conan, what is good in life?”

“To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.”

Tank optional.

apostic on March 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I believe there’s already a place in MN where you can do this on your own. Rent a tank and take it out in the woods – crush a car if you pay extra. It’s a pretty awesome business idea IMO.

Free Indeed on March 14, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Free Indeed on March 14, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Yup, on the bucket list. Ten years ago I visited the Bovington tank Museum in southern England. Nothing like walking among rows and rows and rows of WWII heavy metal. they had runners there too that you could drive, but I was on a budget…

Simonsez on March 14, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Aw man, that is my favorite light tank.

Hmmmm…Because of him I was able to buy a Hummer.

Because of him I was able to buy…

cozmo on March 13, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Not a “light tank.” That’s a Patton medium tank from the ’50s. In the history and evolution of the tank, it did not fit the legend of General Patton. Kind of a dud.

Deckard BR on March 14, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Deckard BR on March 14, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Well, then. The dud of a tank suiting the dud of a governor. How appropriate.

BillH on March 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM