Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution…

posted at 9:21 pm on March 12, 2014 by Erika Johnsen

I don’t typically like to give anyone too much grief for what could easily be an innocent mental-to-verbal lapse, but… c’mon, now. Given that she took to the House floor to explicitly argue against the constitutionality of the GOP’s proposed Enforce The Law Act, I must say that her argument might have been a teeny bit more convincing if she was a little more firm in her background knowledge of the actual Constitution. Yikes.

Frankly, maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman, and others for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted some 400 years operating under a Constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not. The Enforcement Act is not constitutional, but it gives us an opportunity to raise these issues. That’s what freedom is, that’s what the opportunity of democracy is all about.

Er… the Constitution was ratified in 1788. About 225 years ago. Merp.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The Constitution was Ratified in 1614?

Was there even a COLONY in the area that is now the United States then?

Also, is there anyone in the Congressional Black Caucus with an IQ over 60?

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Donks needed a stage hook to pull her off the podium.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Ted Cruz supports her efforts on the education front.

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Obama is a God he obeys no one, for sure some tax cutting white honkey like these tea party conservatives.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Donks needed a stage hook to pull her off the podium.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

It’s a good thing that there are plenty of examples of blacks who aren’t Democrat Congressmen and women or Presidents or the true racists out there might be able to prove their intellectual inferiority.

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 9:26 PM

For some reason it doesnt surprise me at all.

SoCalInfidel on March 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Its not nice to make fun of people with a history saying idiotic things.

Besides, she is among the most intelligent of her constituents.

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM

And can we be frank? The entire comment is pure gibberish. It’s how people speak who know nothing of what they’re discussing.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM

vnvet on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Lee graduated from Jamaica High School in Queens. She earned a B.A. in political science from Yale University in 1972, followed by a J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1975.

Affirmative action much?

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Common Core mathematics….ergo 400 years. Come on, get with the program. //

No Time Clock on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM

That made no sense what-so-ever.

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

She is absolutely the stupidest, most ill educated, doltish pea brained partisan hack in Congress. Obviously, she’ll be the next Dem Minority Leader…..

vnvet on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

vnvet on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I don’t know. At least she got to within 200 years of when the Constitution was actually ratified. That’s better (arguably anyway) than seriously suggesting in Congress that we had better think again about sending more troops to Guam out of fear the island will capsize.

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM

TEXAS!

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM

That’s not even the best part of that line:

a Constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not.

LOL.

Every school that gave this retard a diploma or degree ought to be burned to the ground.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Aww, Sheila, what’s 200 years :)…

jimver on March 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM

And the Earth beneath them salted!

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I apologize to the citizens of the USA for living in the city this dumber than a box of hair magpie represents.

AmayasNana on March 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM

It’s true. Cory Booker drove her to Hawaii after he turned 17. After that, they drove to Guam to help Hank Johnson tip it over. After that, they drove to Mars and took selfies in front of the American flag that Neil Armstrong planted.

Phew….what a trip.

anuts on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Aww, Sheila… what’s 200 years :)…

jimver on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

vnvet on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Your point?

If it wasn’t for her, my congress critter (Eddie Bernice Johnson)would be the stupidest, most ill educated, doltish pea brained partisan hack in Congress from Texas.

Viva Jackson-Lee!

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I’m really scratching my head and wondering what your comment mean. Did I give you the impression my opinion as to her intellect had something to do with her ethnic background?

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

mean(s)

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Was she reading that speech? Was that in the text?
Then it wasn’t a slip of the tongue.

It’s embarrassing to see this. They are supposed to be ‘elite’. But what is really maddening, much more than half the people in the country just are not paying attention, and a good number of those who are don’t know any better.

Joseph OHenry on March 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Dang, she is too stupid to make fun of.
No, not really.
What an idiot.

Doc Holliday on March 12, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I was about to say how utterly, gut wrenchingly stupid this idiot is… then I realized she is a typical Democrat.

Warner Todd Huston on March 12, 2014 at 9:33 PM

OK Houston Voters, who is running against Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee in 2014?

If Rep. Jackson Lee is the best you’ve got, then I shudder to think how dumb the rest of Houston Voters must be.

wren on March 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Donks needed a stage hook to pull her off the podium.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

They just need to call her on her cell phone.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Phew….what a trip.

anuts on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

They probably took Barack’s college composite girl friend with them as well. Why take three token white girls, when you can take one who is all three…

oscarwilde on March 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I would like to ask her if Canada or Mexico won the Civil War and see what kind of answer I get.

Doc Holliday on March 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Jackson makes some stupid comments for a person with her educational background.

Techster64 on March 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Donks needed a stage hook to pull her off the podium.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

They just need to call her on her cell phone.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM

She only pulls that trick with constituents.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Phew….what a trip.

anuts on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

LOL … but didn’t they stop at the Maldives to see how the Argentineans are doing?

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 12, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Viva Jackson-Lee!

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

ROTFLMAO… I guess that is one way to look at it…

oscarwilde on March 12, 2014 at 9:36 PM

That made no sense what-so-ever. cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Dude,, it’s in code,, duh.

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

My point was that it’s a good thing that the only examples of blacks aren’t Democrat Congressmen and Presidents because most of those seem to actually BE intellectually inferior.

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Viva Jackson-Lee!

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

At least my critter is mostly conservative except for leaning amnesty. (Barton). Sorry for you mate!

No Time Clock on March 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Phew….what a trip.

anuts on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

/THREADWINNER!

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Hey, Sheila, your chair just called and wants its IQ back…

Knott Buyinit on March 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM

oof.

RI_Red on March 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Hey Sheila, How manny Marines does it take to tip over Guam?
Don’t know?
Go ask Hank Johnson, your intellectual counterpart from the House…

Doc Holliday on March 12, 2014 at 9:40 PM

It looks as though you’ve already said that!

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2014 at 9:41 PM

“If only Vice President Quayle had said that…*sigh*”-the LSM

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 12, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Please lady, kindly shut up.

Pickle on March 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM

2 stupid statements made by two democrat congressman/woman today..oh does make that me racist for say that? crap, call me racist then

sadsushi on March 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Don’t forget that these people have staff for which the taxpayer pays a pretty penny. And before you decide to plop down a ton of money for your child’s education, consider that this brainiac attended UVA and Yale. Grade inflation has been the norm for a long long time.

Cindy Munford on March 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM

“And, furtherevermore, I feel we need to ban the word ‘bossly’.” — Sheila Jackson Lee. “It hurts peoples.”

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM

That made no sense what-so-ever.

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Made sense to me.

Solaratov on March 12, 2014 at 9:46 PM

…that’s going to be on all the major networks for several days!!!!////////////////////

KOOLAID2 on March 12, 2014 at 9:47 PM

sadsushi on March 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM

ok lets do that again haha

two stupid statements made by two democrat congressman/woman today..oh does that make me a racist for saying that? crap, call me a racist then

sadsushi on March 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Phew….what a trip.

anuts on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hilarious.

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM

That made no sense what-so-ever.

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Made sense to me.

Solaratov on March 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Please lady, kindly shut up.

Pickle on March 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM

…she’s your cucumber!

KOOLAID2 on March 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Was there even a COLONY in the area that is now the United States then?

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Yup. In Virginia.

steebo77 on March 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM

If i spoke my mind in this thread, I would be banned for life.

Exninja on March 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM

She on the other hand has been a Democrat for some time, in fact she served in the Texas ledg.way back when, with Rick Perry when he was a liberal Democrat. May be she is just doing a Perry deal.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM

She’s been an oxygen thief for as long as I can remember.

Rusty Nail on March 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I bet people like Trey Gowdy and other sharp-as-a-tack Reps just shake their head and can’t believe they are in the same legislative body as SJL.

cptacek on March 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM

John the Libertarian on March 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM

The lemmings always pat themselves on the back to congratulate themselves on how smarts they are, over those eeeeeevvvilllll Conservatives.

Why, they told me ad nauseum back in 1980 that some Republican was practically a village idiot for having earned his college degree at some backwater school in Eureka, IL…after all, where the Hell is that? It sure ain’t Hahvahd, yanno…

Wanderlust on March 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM

And they laughed at Sarah Palin for correctly stating the Boston Tea Party occurred in 1773. John the Libertarian on March 12, 2014 at 9:45 PM

She baited that hook well. She knew exactly what she was doing.

I thought it spoke volumes when they jumped on it.

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Looks like you already said that.

No I dint.

Did too.

And so it goes…

Solaratov on March 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM

The Constitution was Ratified in 1614?

That was the year Guam first tipped over…

Kraken on March 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Laws of Mercy, she is embarrassing to the great state of Texas. Like most democrats she doesn’t know that we are a republic either.

jazzuscounty on March 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM

google wiki for facts on Rick Perry and his buddy with liberal Democrat days.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Donks needed a stage hookbulldozer and choker to pull her off the podium.

hawkdriver on March 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

HiJack on March 12, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Please lady, kindly shut up.

Pickle on March 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM

…she’s your cucumber!

KOOLAID2 on March 12, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I cannot help what ‘s in the water in Houston, Texas. Africa, it’s not just a continent. It’s a whole other country according to Sarah Palin. But, I will admit, our girl is dumber.

Pickle on March 12, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Cindy Munford on March 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Whaa’ she’s an Yale alumna??? In the light of this new info, non-partisan and Harvard Law is not all that impossible after all :)… Next thing we’ll hear is that Maxine Waters went to Stanford or something…

jimver on March 12, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I don’t typically like to give anyone too much grief for what could easily be an innocent mental-to-verbal lapse, but… c’mon, now it’s Dora da Explora Jackson-Lee!

FIFY

“Did the Mars Rover take any images of the flag Neil Armstrong planted on Mars?”

- Sheila “Weapons Grade Stupid” Jackson-Lee, which caused her colleague, Vernon Ehlers, to sigh and state, “We don’t teach enough science in this country.”

“Hurricane names are too ‘lily-white’. All racial groups should be represented and federal weather officials should try to be inclusive of African-American names.”

- Sheila “But, You’d Better Not Give Any Cat 4s or 5s African Names Because That Would Be Racist” Jackson-Lee

“All those who wore sheets a long time ago have now lifted them off and started wearing [applause], uh, clothing, uh, with a name, say, I am part of the tea party.”

- Sheila “I See Racists Everywhere Except When They Are Robert Byrd Democrats” Jackson-Lee

“I am so glad that we won the Vietnam War. Today, we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace.”

- Sheila “Dora da Explora” Jackson-Lee

“I am a queen, and I demand to be treated like a queen.”

- Sheila “Queen of Racism” Jackson-Lee

“What am I a prostitute? Am I your prostitute? You can’t prostitute me.”

- Sheila “I Ain’t No ‘H0″ Jackson-Lee, according to her staff

“Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked — that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.”

– Congresswoman Sheila Jackson-Lee, 9 April 2013

“Don’t you let them tell you that Congresswoman Jackson-Lee’s braids are too tight in her hair and that has something to do with justice and equality and empowerment of the American people. Don’t let them fool you on that [applause].”

- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson-Lee

Oh, oh, Sheila… Oh Sheila
Oh, oh, Sheila… Oh, Sheila
Sheila, she the shat, but she not ready for the world, No!
She the type of chick make bruthas run around in circles so I made out fast.
And now she axin’ where her braid girl go, but she’s with me in the Cut’LASS.
And that Sheila ain’t got no tight braids, but she got her a tinfoil hat and a man named Urkel.

Oh, Sheila, baby, un-der-stand that I want to be the only man you think you got one over on me well
‘Cuz me and my boys laugh our bloody bums off at the hours and hours and hours of the tapes of you that can only be said to make Jessica Simpson, Snooki, Jar Jar Binks, etc., look like Rhodes Scholars.
Honey, baby!

Oh… Honey, baby, 1-2-3 (yeah, yeah),
I don’t give a damn and Neil Armstrong ain’t never planted a bloody American flag on Mars in 1969, you dumb b!tch.
I want to tweet Di a lee da lee Tweet a di a lee da lee so baby please run in the electrical storm with your tinfoil hat ooonnnnnn…….

My apologies to J.Holiday & Ready For The World.

Resist We Much on March 12, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I don’t think anyone in the 57 states would disagree with her.

COgirl on March 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I think that’s mainly why Dems have so much hate for black conservatives. They actually ARE educated.

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 9:54 PM

vnvet on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

For some reason, I keep getting a picture of her, standing about, wringing her hands and shrieking, “I don’ know nothin’ ’bout birthin’ no babies!”

Solaratov on March 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM

In the year 2176, they’re still going to be laughing at this bozo.

MichaelGabriel on March 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Get to work, Bmore… This one should be a layup for you…

PointnClick on March 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM

just for you cosmo

Rickey Tin Ten Perry

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 12, 2014 at 9:56 PM

It might have been an unconscious topical substitution of ‘slavery’ for ‘Constitution’ when the number came out. But that would be about 1619 to…the present? Aha!

otlset on March 12, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Resist We Much on March 12, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Jackson-Lee is prima facie evidence proving the existence of weapons-grade stupid.

Wanderlust on March 12, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Pickle on March 12, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Did she call Europe a “country?” Did she say Austrians speak “Austrian?” Did she say Hawaii is in Asia?

Sweetie, you have no fvcking clue what you run your piehole about. Perhaps you should sit down, shut up and let the men handle such discussions.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 9:57 PM

vnvet on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Maxine Waters…close call…

jimver on March 12, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Rounded to the nearest 400 … I guess

kpguru on March 12, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I’m the same. I think it’d ridiculous but since they started it & use it against us all the time we have no choice but to engage on the same level.

Affirmative action much?
wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Do we know whether or not she passed the bar exam?

frank on March 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM

It’s true. Cory Booker drove her to Hawaii after he turned 17 as they waved to Barack Obama, who was riding on the Intercontinental Railroad built by Abraham Lincoln, but first they visited the Louisiana swamp with Cynthia McKenney to pay tribute to the 5,000 black men Bushitler executed and dumped there during Katrina. After that, they drove to Guam to help Hank Johnson tip it over. After that, they all inhaled helium (whose supply is critically low and nearing a national emergency according to Tippin’ Guam) and floated over to visit the two Vietnams, living side-by-side, in peace. After that, they drove to Mars and took selfies in front of the American flag that Neil Armstrong planted.

Phew….what a trip.

anuts on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

The itinerary had a few holes in it.

Resist We Much on March 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Pickle on March 12, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Don’t forget there are (at least according to some people) 57 States in the United States of America…

oscarwilde on March 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Rounded to the nearest 400 … I guess

kpguru on March 12, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I can see where she gets her information. obama said the Constitution was 20 centuries old.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Do we know whether or not she passed the bar exam?

frank on March 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Yes, she passed. I don’t know how many times it took. She was once a Municipal Court judge.

Resist We Much on March 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM

And she ain’t noways tired

Guam will tip over. Driving to Hawaii. 400 yrs old…

Gohawgs on March 12, 2014 at 10:02 PM

oscarwilde on March 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Lest we forget the funds Emma Lazarus raised to build the Statue of Liberty.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Maybe she meant the Magna Carta, and was off a few hundred in the other direction..

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Resist We Much on March 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Alcee Hastings was once a federal judge.

Ain’t affirmative action wonderful?

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM

If a member of the Inner Party tells you it’s 400 years, it’s 400 years… or do you want to be sent to Room 101?

malclave on March 12, 2014 at 10:04 PM

google wiki for facts on Rick Perry and his buddy with liberal Democrat days.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Why? It is old news. I used to always vote democrat. I grew up. The Eighties and Reagan changed a whole lot of us in Texas and the South.

Let’s get back to bashing Ms. Lee’s intellectual power.

jazzuscounty on March 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM

That was the year Guam first tipped over…

Kraken on March 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I’m gonna miss Guam. It was a nice little island.

Solaratov on March 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Sean Seibert is the Republican candidate who is running against Sheila Jackson Lee in Texas’ 18th Congressional District.

Sean Seibert is an Army Veteran who served in Afghanistan.

Learn more about Sean Seibert at his campaign website:

Come on Houston! You have been embarrassed by SJL for long enough. Please send Sean Seibert to Congress in November!

wren on March 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM

that would require her to know what Magna Carta is…

jimver on March 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I’m gonna miss Guam. It was a nice little island.

Solaratov on March 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM

It’s still there. It only tipped over. You can still stand on the underside.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM

The democrat party loves themselves dumb black folks (and White ones, too!).

SouthernGent on March 12, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Viva Jackson-Lee!

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Meanwhile, Donna Edwards is ramping up to be the heir apparent.

bettycooper on March 12, 2014 at 10:07 PM