Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on March 12, 2014 by Allahpundit

Tuesday night’s special election in Florida should be a serious scare for Democrats who worry that Obamacare will be a major burden for their party in 2014. Despite recruiting favored candidate Alex Sink, outspending Republicans, and utilizing turnout tools to help motivate reliable voters, Democrats still lost to Republican lobbyist David Jolly—and it wasn’t particularly close…

Special elections don’t necessarily predict the November elections, but this race in a bellwether Florida district that both parties aggressively contested comes as close as possible to a November test run for both parties. Democrats worked to clear the field for Sink, an unsuccessful 2010 gubernatorial nominee, while Republicans missed out on their leading recruits, settling for Jolly, a lobbyist who once worked for Rep. Bill Young, the late congressman whose 13th District vacancy Jolly will fill. Sink outspent Jolly, but the Republican was able to close the financial gap with the help of outside groups. All told, Democrats held a $5.4 million to $4.5 million spending advantage…

One of the key questions in the race was whether a “fix, don’t repeal” message would resonate with voters dissatisfied with the health care law but unwilling to give up on it. The verdict is incomplete, but it’s an early sign the depth of anger over Obamacare.

***

Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus had every reason to gloat Tuesday night over Rep.-elect Jolly.

“His victory shows that voters are looking for representatives who will fight to end the disaster of Obamacare, to get Washington to spend our money responsibly, and to put power in the hands of families and individuals,” Priebus said. “In November, voters all across the country will have the chance to send the same message that Pinellas County voters have sent: Democrats’ policies are not working for America.”

Don’t be surprised to see vulnerable Democrats across the country start distancing themselves from health care reform in a way that Sink did not

Obama at this point looks like a drag for Democrats in November, just as he consistently has been for Sink.

***

“Republican special interest groups poured in millions to hold onto a Republican congressional district that they’ve comfortably held for nearly 60 years. Tonight, Republicans fell short of their normal margin in this district because the agenda they are offering voters has a singular focus – that a majority of voters oppose – repealing the Affordable Care Act that would return us to the same old broken health care system,” Wasserman Schultz said in a DNC rapid response statement.

***

“Dems should not try to spin this loss,” Paul Begala, a onetime top political aide to former President Bill Clinton, wrote on Twitter. “We have to redouble our efforts for 2014.”…

In fact, the district should have been one of the Democratic Party’s most winnable targets. Of the 37 GOP-held seats that the Cook Political Report ranks as the most vulnerable to Democratic takeover, only 11 are more Democratic-friendly than Florida’s 13th. The district has just a narrow GOP registration edge…

Following Sink’s loss, some Democrats said they’re rethinking their approach to combating the GOP’s Obamacare-centered assault. Sink’s nuanced “fix it, don’t repeal it” message was one that the national Democratic Party is urging many candidates to embrace, but it may have been drowned out by the avalanche of loud Republican attacks.

***

At a late-morning conservative briefing hosted by the Heritage Foundation, a dozen Republican members of Congress were asked whether they saw Jolly’s win as proof of the decisive poisonous potency of Obamacare. All of them said yes. Only Michele Bachmann dissented in part, saying Obama himself was an even greater issue.

“I was out with some colleagues last night,” said Tennessee Rep. John Duncan,” and when I first heard Mr. Jolly had won the election, I said, ‘Thank you, Obamacare.’”

***

However, Greenberg offered additional advice. He said Dems should focus mainly on fighting the health care wars to a draw while simultaneously using economic issues to motivate the Dem base, to match GOP success in ginning up the base over the ACA. And he said Dems needed to go up with more ads to counter the massive spending against Obamacare from outside conservative groups — right now…

Greenberg said the Dem failure to turn out their voters in FL-13 – and not opinion on the health law — was the decisive factor. (The First Read crew noted today that turnout in the district was barely more than half that in 2012, and that Dem voters “didn’t show up.”) Greenberg said, if anything, that the closeness of the race (given GOP turnout superiority) indicated that Dem Alex Sink had mostly neutralized Obamacare as an issue, given all the outside GOP ads hammering her over it.

“To me this confirms an even split on the issue when you join it,” Greenberg said. Sink pollster Geoff Garin went even further in a new memo, arguing that Sink’s “keep and fix” message had helped among independents but that low turnout among Dems had doomed her…

“Jobs are the priority, not health care – you need more than that to energize Democrats,” Greenberg said. “It could be the minimum wage. It could be what you’re going to do on jobs. It could be opposing trade agreements that cut jobs. It could be opposing Social Security cuts. These are issues that move Democrats.”

What Democrats need this year is more Obamacare, not less

To the extent that the new law has not created a groundswell of enthusiasm for Democratic candidates among the law’s intended beneficiaries it is surely in part because…so many of the law’s intended beneficiaries are not being helped by the law. Fully one half of the expansion of health coverage under the law was supposed to occur through the expansion of Medicaid, to cover all people under 138 percent of the poverty line. And in Florida and nearly two dozen other states, that expansion is not happening, thanks to the Supreme Court ruling that made the expansion optional and the opposition of Republican governors and state legislators.

In Florida alone, there are more than 1 million people who were supposed to be covered by the Medicaid expansion but are still uninsured. In Pinellas County, the heart of the 13th Congressional District, there are more than 50,000 people in that coverage gap (the district as a whole had more than 134,000 uninsured in 2011, slightly below average for Florida’s very high rate of uninsured). Yet this basic reality is constantly overlooked in coverage of the law—pundits note that the law is not polling all that well even among the uninsured, as if this some kind of ironic commentary on the law’s failure. No, it’s a commentary on the fact that millions of the uninsured aren’t benefiting from the law, because of the blockage of the Medicaid expansion. Why should they tell pollsters they support it? It’s not doing anything for them.

***

It’s not clear whether Sink’s weak defense of Obamacare was the key factor, or even a significant factor, in her loss. Political reporters sometimes make too much of national issues in special elections. But there’s no doubt that Sink’s campaign showed the difficulties of the Democrats’ defense of Obamacare. They have to say they want to fix the program because almost nobody (a bare eight percent in the latest Kaiser Foundation survey) wants to keep the law as is. But to fix the aspects of Obamacare that are imposing new burdens on millions of Americans — higher premiums, higher deductibles, a hugely unpopular mandate, and narrower choices of doctors, hospitals, and prescription drugs — Democrats would have to advocate fundamental changes in the law that they have so far steadfastly refused to accept. Get rid of the individual mandate? To do so would rip the heart out of Obamacare, tantamount to repealing it altogether. Many Democrats would rather lose than do that.

So the Florida contest may or may not be a bellwether. But it did lay bare the Democrats’ “fix Obamacare” dilemma. By the time midterm campaigning is at full speed in September and October, Democratic candidates will probably not be able to get away with listing a couple of non-germane tweaks as their program to “fix” Obamacare. If they try, they could pay a high political price. But if they suggest fundamental changes to the law, they’ll run afoul of party orthodoxy and risk losing national Democratic support. It will be just another added cost of the Affordable Care Act.

***

That brings us to another reason for Dem despair: A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll released yesterday puts the president’s job approval rating at 41 percent, down two points since January. That’s the lowest it’s ever been. Overall, the national vibe is bad for the president and negative feelings toward Obama are up since last fall, at 44 percent, compared to 41 percent who report positive feelings.

Republicans aren’t winning hearts either. But the poll suggests that the public is coming around to the belief that the GOP should be in charge of the legislature. Slightly more respondents—44 percent—said they now prefer Republican control of Congress to control by Democrats.

Add in the fact that turnout in mid-term elections tends to favor Republicans, and you have a pretty gloomy outlook for Democrats come November. Bad news like we saw today exacerbates this effect. It’s a feedback loop. Between the poor polling and yesterday’s election, I suspect lots of Democratic hearts are starting to, well, sink.

***

“I talked to a lot of folks on the trail, and I said, if you like your Republican majority in the House, you can keep it.”

***

Q: Do you agree with that? Do you agree that the Affordable Care Act was not a factor in the Democratic loss in this race — not a major factor — (inaudible)?

MR. CARNEY: Look, let me — let me — let me say a couple things. Tempting as it is, given my background, I am not going to delve too deep into election analysis. But I will note that any fair assessment of the role that the debate about the Affordable Care Act played reaches the conclusion that at best for the Republicans, it was a draw.

***

“You have to take your medicine at some point.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Shadden-Froyd?

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Schadenfreude!

Thanks Ed!!!

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Ratso!

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM

WOO-HOO!! Schade’s back!

Thank you, Ed!!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM

When’s Ratso’s court date?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Yeah, thanks Ed…

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Beat ALLA you pikers!

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Me first?

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM

When’s Ratso’s court date?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Heh…

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Ed Ed ED!! Thanks dude… :)

Schadenfreude is BACK!!!! YaY!!

Scrumpy on March 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Calling all Rude Buffoons, trolls, socks and loons!

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Shade!

You are caustic. But I like it.

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM

[warming up Hover-round...vroom! Vroom!]

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Since people BLASPHEMED the Commodore VIC-20 (first computer I ever owned, and FIRST computer to ever sell 1 million units!) by saying HotGas comments were running on it I present:

Robotic Liberation, a demo on an UNEXPANDED (5K) VIC-20

HotGas comments are running on an Altair 8080 or something. Not the VIC :)

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Now we will all know when Goebbels is orgasming from the grave again!

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I got rats in my shed. I caught one running across my cabinets and then down the wall.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Why is Obama captured wiping his forehead with a hanky?

It is us, the little people, who are sweating our finances..

Fluck you Barrack!!!!

Electrongod on March 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I haven’t seen him, yet … where is he?

listens2glenn on March 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Git the gun out, don’t leave the rats to the cats. Or, borrow a terrier..

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Ewww!!. Do you have a cat?

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM

1. Glue trap
2. Peanut butter
3. Borrow Ratso

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

This place goes to hell at night.

To the like-minded: Keep up the fight. To the leftie human trash: Reap it.

It’s been real, see you on the field.

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Ed. A big thanks for returning Schadenfreude to the land of the living.

gh on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

3. Borrow Ratso

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Thinkin’ about doing that. My applehead meezer ain’t doing his job. And he sleeps near it all the time.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Why was my first computer a Commodore VIC-20?

This commercial had something to do with it.

ConstantineXI on March 12, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM

1. Glue trap
2. Peanut butter
3. Borrow Ratso Get .357
4. Hello, Prudential?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM

This time Goebbel couldn’t get it up.

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Ewww!!. Do you have a cat?

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Yep. And a black racer that lives in the yard.

Git the gun out, don’t leave the rats to the cats. Or, borrow a terrier..

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

The ratshot in a .22 ain’t a bad idea except for one thing – the shed has preformed aluminum siding walls. It’s not one of those put-it-together ones. It’s factory made with a 8 foot ceiling.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM

There was an election last night..? Funny the State Run Media didn’t notice.

d1carter on March 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Ratso’s mom has a new litter, born ten days ago. Five in all…

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Bon voy-a-gee, Bishop! Please don’t forget to write! We’ll miss you.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Rats are kind of large. Maybe he doesn’t feel he can fight them or maybe he just thinks they are another cat. My cats watch the squirrels but never think of catching them.

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Just great….just Schadalish great. Today was my big day to spring forth from the closet….but nooooooo; it is now YOUR day! Now I know how Farah Fawcett felt when Michael Jackson just had to upstage her on HER big day. I’m in the loo, wearing my dead Mum’s prom dress….sniff….snifff; if I remember correctly we buried her in this dress. Oh never mind that problem, my mascara is running and Bmore stole my red pumps…….and…and…oh my word and bless your heart! MY day is long gone now.

Today was my day to tell Bishop who I voted for last time. Never more shall I speak of such things.

If it wasn’t for Elton John coming over tonight…I just can’t finish my thoughts….sniff….sniff……..Hey Elton, did you bring the rubber chicken????? Gots to go.

Welcome back friend.

HonestLib on March 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM

It’s been real, see you on the field.

Noooooooooooooooo Don’t Go!!

Scrumpy on March 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Better yet, borrow a Jack Russel terrier… they LIVE for that kind of action.

CPT. Charles on March 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

You sure? I mean is that really your last comment here? Ever? You could a thrown in a nice rod and reel. HeIIfire a new creel would be nice. Homophobe.

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

d1carter on March 12, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Only in Pinellas County, FL (St Pete). The Republican won.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I know how you feel, but I hope you will reconsider.

d1carter on March 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Really what the democrats are grasping at is that they needed more voter fraud.

SouthernGent on March 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Better yet, borrow a Jack Russel terrier… they LIVE for that kind of action.

CPT. Charles on March 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM

That was kind of what I had in mind…

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Wait…Bishop’s talking about a PERMANENT vacation??

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 10:56 PM

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Norway rats. JR is cross-eyed and doesn’t have good depth perception. And Lucy is inside only. If she saw it it would be finished.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Thanks Ed!

KCB on March 12, 2014 at 10:56 PM

his place goes to hell at night. Hey peeps, I’m movin’ out of HotGas Town, the V-8 Interceptor is ready to roll and I’m gone before dawn. I’ll leave my tackle box by the service door, any of you fishers can take whatever you like. To the like-minded: Keep up the fight. To the leftie human trash: Reap it. It’s been real, see you on the field. Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

What?

Don’t sound like you. Sounds like me.

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 10:56 PM

HonestLib on March 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Okay… good to know… I think.

CPT. Charles on March 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM

She’s right. But Obamacare might just be the ticket to getting some of them to see just why.

Cleombrotus on March 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM

I had a Jack Russell. She never went after rats but she did once try to eat a toad. She foamed at the mouth all day. She would have gone after things if i had let her run free but if I had done that she would have been in the next county in no time.

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Here, take this with you. ; )

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Not gonna stay too long. I’m sick and tomorrow’s my Monday.

I’m getting new specs.
They’re the same brand and look similar to these.
I .Am. So. Hip. Ster.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 10:59 PM

This place goes to hell at night.

To the like-minded: Keep up the fight. To the leftie human trash: Reap it.

It’s been real, see you on the field.

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

First Schade and now you? I give up and maybe a live colonoscopy next week for my big day?

Smooth sailing buddy….will miss you, but life must move on.

HonestLib on March 12, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I have tow cats that if I let them out in the back would find- and try to pick a fight with- the black widows.
Sasha wouldn’t get off the stoop.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

One of the best days of my life was when my cousin brought over his jack Russell and she ratted out a nest of huge Norwegian rats living in my ivy on the back of the detached garage…

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Bishop will never read this.

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Calling all Rude Buffoons, trolls, socks and loons!

OmahaConservative on March 12, 2014 at 10:46 PM

And Red Baboons.

ToddPA on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM

If I could I’d have a Jack Russell Terrier, they are the most adorable dogs!! Nice story :)

Scrumpy on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

It’s been real, see you on the field.

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

It ain’t gonna ever be the same.

Cleombrotus on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .“~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./…..\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>–

Bishop trolls the noobs again.

Bmore, you are still a noob.

Not gonna stay too long.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Good. It has been a long 12 hours.

12 hours to go.

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Welcome back Schadenfreude!

libfreesMom on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

It’s been real, see you on the field.

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I think some people spend too much time doing this and get burned out.

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Antonio Carlos Jobim……..

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Might have to do a Best of Bishop for my blog.

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Thats true COL!!

Scrumpy on March 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Since you are bugging out,, can I have gps coordinates to the bunker?

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM

ToddPA on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

And Dead Baboons.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Poor Sheila Jackson-Lee.

She took Obama’s Konstatushun Course and now she’s the Rachel Jeantel of Capitol Hill.

viking01 on March 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Bishing…..I ain’t buying it.

KCB on March 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I give him ten minutes.

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Well done, ALT!!

Beats what MY first pair of bifocals looked like by a country mile!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM

This place goes to hell at night.

To the like-minded: Keep up the fight. To the leftie human trash: Reap it.

It’s been real, see you on the field.

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

:( but I know how you feel. I post here less and less.

Someday I’ll be up in your neck of the woods and see someone and wonder is that Bishop.

God speed!

gophergirl on March 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Did you click on the link to the my almost like my hipster glasses.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:04 PM

A Schipperke would work those rats.

Known for a stubborn, mischievous, and headstrong temperament, it also chases small animals. The Schipperke is sometimes referred to as the “little black fox”, the “Tasmanian black devil”, or the “little black devil”. They are naturally curious and high-energy dogs and require ample exercise and supervision. Schipperkes are very smart and independent; and sometimes debate listening to owners, instead choosing to do whatever benefits them the most, and are not necessarily the proper dog for a first-time dog owner. Schipperkes require training and a secure, fenced-in space to run. They are formidable barkers and can be aggressive with other dogs. Otherwise they are all over good dogs, and their personality is a matter of how they are raised, and who they are around. They often have a high prey drive, focusing on rodents and small animals, and can excel at obedience and agility competitions

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Schadenfreude!

Thanks For Your Kindness Of Heart, Ed!

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 11:04 PM

This place goes to hell at night.

True dat.

Cleombrotus on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Did you click on the link to the my almost like my hipster glasses.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Yes. The Rachel MadCow look.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

This place goes to hell at night.

To the like-minded: Keep up the fight. To the leftie human trash: Reap it.

It’s been real, see you on the field.

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

May fair winds follow you, and the women look better up close.

ToddPA on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Yes. The Rachel MadCow look.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Duck!!!!

KCB on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Then again though, he did double announce it, wanted all to be sure and see. Could be something to it. I’m leaning towards gone.

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM

They’re not bifocals. He say that’ll be next year. He actually made my scrip weaker so I don’t have to take my glasses off to read close stuff.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

This place goes to hell at night.

To the like-minded: Keep up the fight. To the leftie human trash: Reap it.

It’s been real, see you on the field.

Bishop on March 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Oh dear. Hope you don’t mean it, but if you do, take care.

kim roy on March 12, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Seriously?
Don’t you dare leave us!!!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:06 PM

GOP establishment, especially Boehner and the RNCC, tried to “sink” Jolly’s campaign. They wanted to position themselves as being the solution to the Tea Party losing. And then Reince Priebus, the chairman of the RNCC is out there boasting about the win. HOLY **** Are these guys ever two faced!

MrX on March 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM

The lot of you just got BISHED!

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Lucky you. I was like nine the first time I had bifocals. Next optometrist said the bifocals were a mistake.

I next got bifocals about nine years ago…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Hah, I bet you thought you could sucker me. Ain’t gonna’ fall for that. 12 more hours.

And yes, I did. My niece has a pait like that. She is annoying too.

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I have the no line kind and they work very well for me. I know a lot of people can’t handle them.

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM

The lot of you just got BISHED!

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM

That’s not nice to play on us literal-minded folk.

But if it IS a Bish, it’s a good Bish!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM

The lot of you just got BISHED!

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Never saw him get a haul this big….Nice Bishing!

KCB on March 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM

I found the no-line bifocals MUCH easier (and more flattering) than the old style!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Sergio Mendez and Brasil 66

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM

They might have found some chunks of that plane.

crankyoldlady on March 12, 2014 at 11:10 PM

in re bishop

How in the heck did y’all ever make it through jr. high.

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Especially disappointed in you. Where is your minion card?

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 11:11 PM

But if it IS a Bish, it’s a good Bish!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM

It’s a Bish…..it’s a Bish.

KCB on March 12, 2014 at 11:12 PM

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM

I look better in frames geared to the young-uns.
I also was told today-not the first time that I’ve heard it-that I have a terrific voice for radio.
Yeah-I have a face for radio too.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Never saw him get a haul this big….Nice Bishing!

KCB on March 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Well, it is an assumption on my part. But fool me once, shame on me. Fool me six times and I get tired of being bished.

Better safe than sorry.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Got mine a couple of months ago. They do take some getting used to.

KCB on March 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 11:05 PM

No. you. DIN’T!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM

cozmo on March 12, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Well here’s to hoping your disappointment is misplaced. ; )

Bmore on March 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM