Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on March 11, 2014 by Allahpundit

Let’s be honest, there’s a lot of space between McCain and Paul, and I think we would probably agree that when it comes to style, temperament, etc., Cruz is a lot closer to Paul than he is to McCain (remember the whole “wacko birds” thing?) During his CPAC speech, for example, Cruz praised Ronald Reagan and Ron Paul for being the two candidates who attracted young supporters. (His mention of McCain was less positive. “Of course, all of us remember President Dole, President McCain, President Romney,” he said.)

So basically, the Cruz strategy is to get close to Paul, while still staying toward the middle of the field. If you care about small government, both guys are good. Want to take on Obama? Check. Don’t like drone strikes, want to close the IRS, hate ObamaCare? Check. Check. Check.

But Cruz is making a bet that Paul’s more libertarian positions on issues like non-interventionism aren’t a mainstream opinion. So he will set up shop just on the other side of Paul. Anyone who says, “I really like Paul’s position, but I think we need to stand up to Russia,” now has a home. Or the guy who says, “I hate drones, but I don’t want Iran to go nuclear,” has a candidate.

***

Paul’s touchiness is more interesting than his argument. Noting that Reagan sometimes did dovish things does not weaken Cruz’s (obviously correct) contention that Reagan was more hawkish than Paul is. While Russia was planning to move into Crimea, Paul was warning that U.S. officials should not “tweak Russia all the time” and should instead “be respectful.” Other Republicans have not said anything similar, and it is difficult to imagine Reagan — who believed it was important to call out the Kremlin — saying it either.

So why doesn’t Paul just say that circumstances have changed since the 1980s and our policies should change, too? Why does he protest when someone points out the obvious?

I suspect Paul’s problem is simple: For all the talk of rising Republican isolationism, he knows full well that he is an outlier in his party. That’s why Cruz’s mild words of differentiation have such sting.

***

His best chance of making headway in a presidential race is to leverage the trust conservatives have for him on domestic issues to make his foreign policy views easier for conservatives to accept. If it’s him debating foreign policy with the likes of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie or other figures favored by the party’s establishment, it would be much easier for Paul to muddy the waters. He could essentially argue, “Of course, big government establishment RINOs would smear my foreign policy views, because they’re frightened of having a true conservative win.”

That’s much harder to do with Cruz in the picture. Cruz has at least as much credibility as Paul with the conservative base — if not more. Whether or not Cruz runs, having him in the media amplifying the criticism of Paul’s foreign policy views would make Paul’s already difficult job of trying to appeal to a wider electorate that much harder. He cannot dismiss Cruz as just another establishment RINO trying to sabotage the candidacy of a genuine conservative. Anything Paul does to assert that he really believes in a strong role for the U.S. in global affairs risks alienating his father’s energetic supporters, who favor a more restrained foreign policy. Anything he does to shore up support among this core group of his father’s supporters would then feed into the criticism being lobbed by Cruz…

My working assumption has been that Paul isn’t a serious threat to be the GOP presidential nominee in 2016, and his recent dust-up with Cruz only reaffirms that view.

***

Paul has attempted to associate his foreign policy with the realism of Henry Kissinger. It is not a good fit. Realism has generally asserted the need for a strong executive in conducting global strategy. Paul apparently believes that U.S. presidents can’t be trusted with sophisticated weapons lest they kill Americans in cafes. His approach is not realism but non-interventionism. His libertarian foreign policy holds that America is less secure because it has been “too belligerent” and that decades of international engagement have both corrupted our constitutional order and corrupted other nations with our largess or militarism. This perspective sometimes overlaps with foreign policy realism but only in the narrow cases when both recommend disengagement. Paul has a trumpet that only sounds retreat.

For a while, it seemed that Paul’s views were sweeping the GOP. Now we are witnessing the beginnings of a backlash to his backlash, aided by Vladimir Putin. Americans may not have suddenly developed a keen humanitarian concern for Ukrainians, but a revanchist Russia is the type of threat that has mobilized conservatives in the past. While a “let them fight it out” argument may play well concerning Syria, a “let Putin get away with it” argument is a harder sell. The partisan momentum in the GOP is no longer entirely on the side of disengagement. Across the party, a Reaganite critique of Obama’s foreign policy stirs…

Paul is left to insist, “I’m a great believer in Ronald Reagan.” This amounts to a serious concession, since Reagan would not have returned the compliment.

***

Cruz, who sees his Republican colleague from Kentucky maintaining his popularity with the conservative base, is trying to use foreign policy as a way to gain favor. But that’s not necessarily the best idea. He should have asked Marco Rubio.

One of the bigger flops at CPAC was the Florida Republican, once seen as a young conservative darling who could win with wide appeal. Today, though, he’s but a blip on the radar after isolating many conservatives with his work on immigration reform. Attempting to win support back, he went on the offensive with foreign policy…

And how did it pan out for him? He finished in a very distant seventh place at CPAC, with only 6 percent support. For someone who got second place last year, that’s quite the disappointing finish. His speech did not work with that audience (the message could resonate with voters outside of CPAC, like his action on immigration).

Now Cruz is attempting a similar strategy. But if Cruz wants to stand apart from the front-runner, he needs to find another issue. He won’t win with this one.

***

[W]hile some Republicans may prefer tough talk about Putin or the ayatollahs to Paul’s more nuanced commentary, there is an obvious reply: rhetoric aside, what would a Cruz or a Rubio really do differently? Such rhetoric matters, of course, and there are usually non-military options available, like economic sanctions.

But Paul’s critics should be obliged to tell us if they want war against any of the half-dozen or so countries whose governments they castigate. If not, does their position really differ that much from Paul’s? If they do, is Paul really the Republican holding a non-mainstream opinion?

If Reagan is the golden mean, which countries did he invade to set in motion the end of the Cold War and the toppling of the Berlin Wall? And which of the limited interventions he did support, besides Grenada, are still counted among his crowning foreign-policy achievements today?

***

Like Christie, Sen. Ted Cruz also portrayed himself as an outsider fighting timid forces in Washington while looking for a way to win. In his telling, too many gutless Beltway insiders followed the “Washington way” of compromise and calculated triangulation. That way, he said, was a surefire path toward policy failure—and electoral defeat. “You want to lose elections,” he said, “stand for nothing.” Cruz provided a 10 point list to help explain what he stood for: repealing Obamacare, repealing Dodd-Frank, stopping presidential lawlessness, abolishing the Internal Revenue Service, and ending corruption all made the cut. Cruz nodded to expansions of school choice and energy production, as well as defending the Constitution, but mostly it was a rundown of specific things he opposed.

Strangely, Cruz also seemed to suggest that part of the party’s problem was its insufficient criticism of President Obama’s agenda. After highlighting the electoral failures of Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney, he asked: “The Obama agenda has been horrible for people, yet how many Republicans said that?” Well, Romney, for one, whose speeches often accused President Obama of having “crushed the middle class.” If there’s anything that virtually the entire GOP has been clear about for the last five years, it’s that they don’t support President Obama’s plans…

Of the Republican party’s rising stars, only one has made a serious attempt to reflect that impulse, at least in spirit, if not always in the particulars: Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.). His CPAC speech opened with a subtle counter to the partisan victory cheers of his fellow headline speakers, asking the audience to briefly imagine a future in which liberty is once again paramount in American politics. “You may think I’m talking about electing Republicans,” he said. “I’m not. I’m talking about electing lovers of liberty.” In other words, what Republicans need isn’t a vision for the party, and ideas to run on. It’s a vision for the country—and ideas to make it happen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Who remembers this show? Or this one?
Lanceman on March 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM

I was long outta high school for those – bet my nephews/nieces saw them tho.

whatcat on March 11, 2014 at 11:55 PM

I was just over at DailyKos, I know, I’ll wash the stink off before I go to bed, but boy howdy are they madder than a wet hen at Alex Sink.

* [new] So we’re done with Alex Sink right? (11+ / 0-)
by Jimmy D 84 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 04:29:19 PM PDT

* [new] God I hope so. nt (1+ / 0-)
by roycej on Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 04:34:25 PM PDT

* [new] Do you mean to say (10+ / 0-)
that the ads for Sink touting her desire for bipartisanship and deficit reduction possibly just didn’t motivate the working class residents of Pinellas county?

Maybe now we will be allowed to have a primary and select someone that WOULDN’T just be another proxy vote for the banks, and that DOESN’T immediately associate immigration reform with the need for maids and landscapers.

Maybe the Democratic Party will figure out that Pinellas county is more than the rich old white person vote (that wouldn’t ever vote for the Dem anyway).

And then there’s this:

* [new] Jolly was a shitty candidate. (7+ / 0-)
Sink had more money and a way better machine, all in friendly-ish turf. Obama won this district.

The only obvious alternative to blaming Sink is admitting that the national mood favors Republicans right now.

That’s very hard for many here to accept, so they lash out at Sink. I personally think she did well.

Flora Duh on March 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM

kringeesmom on March 11, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Blow her mind, Mom–learn the lyrics to Bieber’s “Baby”

Ain’t I a stinkah?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Flora Duh on March 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Sweet!

Lanceman on March 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM

He was impolite to one of Ed’s friends.
Do you really except a reply.
*glare*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 11:52 PM

That’s not a fair assessment. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone who likes Shadenfreude more than I, but I emailed Ed yesterday, he responded promptly, we exchanged a series of emails. Ed wasn’t rude to me in the least, and I believe he considered, and is considering, everything I wrote in Schadenfreude’s behalf.

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Not me, but this was one of the last ones I watched before I moved down to FL

Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Captain Kangaroo made it into the 80s, he had a good run.

whatcat on March 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Ain’t I a stinkah?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 11:57 PM

The way you said that made me think of the Culcha Vulcha.

Lanceman on March 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Flora Duh on March 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Thank you for braving the trenches so we didn’t have to, Flora!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Lanceman on March 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM

My cultural inspiration, Lance

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:01 AM

was impolite to one of Ed’s friends. Do you really except a reply. *glare* annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 11:52 PM

No,, I guess I don’t. We only come here everyday.
For years. Why would that command mutual respect?

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 12:03 AM

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Excellent.

Thank you for braving the trenches so we didn’t have to, Flora!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Thank cmsinaz in the morning for watching Morning Schmoe and Mika for us.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 12:03 AM

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I hope so, Jackie! I caught a glimmer of hope in Ed’s posting regarding Schade’s banning yesterday. I do hope he changes his mind and let’s Schade come back, even if Mod Island IS a part of the conditions!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Thank you for braving the trenches so we didn’t have to, Flora!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 11:59 PM

You’re welcome. And now if you’ll excuse me, I really do need a shower.

Flora Duh on March 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

It’s on ME-TV or Antenna TV these days.

Lanceman on March 11, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I get ME-TV on cable. Unfortunately, I usually wake up about an hour or so before Rush comes on.

Ah, the halcyon days of youth…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM

You’re welcome. And now if you’ll excuse me, I really do need a shower.

Flora Duh on March 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Yeah, I got that way when I watched the Dem Waste of Space Yak-a-thon last night…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Thank you for braving the trenches so we didn’t have to, Flora!
Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 11:59 PM

You’re welcome. And now if you’ll excuse me, I really do need a shower.
Flora Duh on March 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I was over there earlier, it just had one thread on the election. The Kos Kids don’t handle bloody noses too well.

whatcat on March 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I’m glad to here that.

You have a valid point. I shot emails over ALT and had the same experience.

But then he purgatoried me. For about a week or two.

He listens sometimes.

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM

whatcat on March 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Yeah, like THIS was going to woo voters to her side…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:10 AM

My cultural inspiration, Lance

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Now that reminds me of O-Scar Wild.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Great news everyone! President Obama has just nominated Lois Lerner to be the new head of a new and expanded NSA! He says she will search out and punish enemies of the State wherever she finds them and with her nose for scrutinizing and targeting such threats, she should be quite busy.

VorDaj on March 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Yeah, like THIS was going to woo voters to her side…
Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:10 AM

The Chamber Of Commerce can put her on it’s payroll now, heh.

whatcat on March 12, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Then for the local late night show there was this.

whatcat on March 12, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Ain’t I a stinkah?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 11:57 PM

We’ve been on the “Oh Baby” train for awhile, belting it out all the time, especially when the tween has friends over. You Light Up My Life might be a fun transition to the next tween crush.

kringeesmom on March 12, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Newtie remember this

Fred

jrsrigmvr on March 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM

VorDaj on March 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Check out Drudge headline, “Godfather 2016″

Things just keep racking up don’t they?

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Where is Schad?

SparkPlug on March 12, 2014 at 12:22 AM

whatcat on March 12, 2014 at 12:16 AM

This is the one we had in NYC, complete with the station intro, and yes, now it’s WNYW and they STILL use the “It’s 10pm. Do you know where your children are?” PSA–at least they were when I left to come back to FL in 2004.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Fred

jrsrigmvr on March 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM

YES!! I remember TJ and the Shondells doing it on “American Bandstand”!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Hello it’s me

Fred

jrsrigmvr on March 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Hope Shade comes back.

G’nite. God bless.

wolly4321 on March 12, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Where is Schad?

SparkPlug on March 12, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Ed’s still cleaning Schade off his new hammer, Sparkie.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:28 AM

FREE SHAD!!!!

Nothing she said could have been worse than the lib trash that trolls here daily. I am SICK AND TIRED of Conservatives being treated more harshly by Ed and AP than liberals.

THERE IS INEQUALITY IN THE MODERATION!

ConstantineXI on March 11, 2014 at 10:45 PM

They haven’t even banned me – at least yet – and even after my rather fine effort – if I do say so myself – to achieve such exalted status. Maybe they just like my name that much.

DasObamaReich on March 12, 2014 at 12:29 AM

You’re welcome. And now if you’ll excuse me, I really do need a shower.

Flora Duh on March 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Wash that Kos right outta your hair. Thanks for doing the hard work!

kringeesmom on March 12, 2014 at 12:30 AM

DasObamaReich on March 12, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Nope. Nobody reported you.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 12:31 AM

From Drudge:

900,000 Obamacare ‘enrollees’ still haven’t paid for coverage?

I would suspect many more than that.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Another important development in politics is Alabama’s making voter IDs available for free.

Blow that out your porthole Sleazy Eric Holder and your creepy whore federal judges, too.

viking01 on March 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Um…where’s OC?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Very good question. Perhaps he took a break.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Ah yes, then after the late nite horror show would come the sermonette and/or the high flight video, the National Anthem, then the sign off. No more TV until the morning.

whatcat on March 12, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Um…where’s OC?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Check out Drudge headline, “Godfather 2016″

Things just keep racking up don’t they?

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Think Rahm-bo will make it past the tutu cracks? And then there WAS that incident where he marched into the Senate showers, nekkid as a jaybird, to *ahem!* persuade someone to HIS way of thinkin’…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

My cultural inspiration, Lance

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Now that reminds me of O-Scar Wild.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Hey… I resemble that remark…

oscarwilde on March 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

For Schad: did they get you to trade……. HOT AIR for a cool breeze

Schad if you’re reading I miss you already. You got shafted my friend.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on March 12, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Hello it’s me
jrsrigmvr on March 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM

A nice blast from the past. An acquaintance used to be a sing backup for Rundgren.

whatcat on March 12, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Um…where’s OC?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Ratso hot-wired the Buick last night and OC is still trying to post his its bail.

viking01 on March 12, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Evening Newtie,
Saw your “down memory lane” posts above. Do you remember “Sky King and Rin-tin-tin? May have been around the time you were in Hawaii and national broadcast was limited.

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Very good question. Perhaps he took a break.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 12:35 AM

That’s possible…but if’n OC’s not here tomorrow night (tonight?), I might begin to worry.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Jeepers. Schad taught me to blog. I watched him closely because we was a mentor.

SparkPlug on March 12, 2014 at 12:45 AM

viking01 on March 12, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Now THAT I can believe lol!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:45 AM

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 12:39 AM

“Sky King” only rings a bell intellectually, and I think I watched “Rin-tin-tin.” Just a reminder, though, Giddyup–I was five when we left HI, so if’n my memories a tad faulty, please forgive.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Night all…. 4AM coming soon… good thing I’m the rider and not the driver! Coffee is ready for take off time.

kringeesmom on March 12, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I forgot about those “events”. He’s a bulldozer, part of the Chicago machine. If he does run. It will be even uglier this go round. More peeps have wised up duu to how bams rose to power. Deceit and lies all the way. This guy won’t waste time hiding anything. I wondered why things have been pretty down low regarding Hillary’s commitment to running… she was waiting to see how they were going to pounce on her this time. Any thoughts?

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Hey… I resemble that remark…

oscarwilde on March 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Wabbit Season or Duck Season?

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:48 AM

kringeesmom on March 12, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Niters and sleep well, Mom!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Any thoughts?

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 12:48 AM

It’s still early yet, Giddyup. I won’t expect to see cucaraches crawling out of the woodwork until late 2015.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:51 AM

when the levee breaks

Fred

jrsrigmvr on March 12, 2014 at 12:52 AM

wolly4321 on March 11, 2014 at 11:47 PM

God Bless you, wolly!

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Check out Drudge headline, “Godfather 2016″

Things just keep racking up don’t they?

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Yep, if you like Chicago, we can do a Chicago on the whole country!

slickwillie2001 on March 12, 2014 at 12:53 AM

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 12:48 AM

…..hey, “giddyup” – just needed to say “thanks” for your kind words last night……….

…..not to obsess about so small a thing as sex – but are you a male or female “giddyup”?

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 12:45 AM

High speed chase down I-29 but Ratso only made it to Nebraska City where the spike-strips took out the tires.

Resisting arrest…shocking profanity, the usual, though Ratso’s sunglasses were cool.

Rumor is Ratso was pursuing a love interest in Kansas City he it met on the internet.

Just say no to chat… especially cat chat…

viking01 on March 12, 2014 at 12:54 AM

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I’m a guuuuuurrrl.

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 1:00 AM

He only INVENTED a whole genre of music…

Bill Monroe “Blue Moon of Kentucky”

ConstantineXI on March 11, 2014 at 11:42 PM

…..not to be “picky” – but actually not…..it was “invented” by the collision of the cultural musical histories of the irish and the african Americans mostly in The Appalachian Mountains…….see The Carter Family, Gid Tanner, Uncle Dave Macon and The Skillet Lickers…..among others……

….he DEFINITELY did “popularize” it, though!

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Williamg,
BTW- I enjoy your posts and you’re welcome. You have a talent in making your point in the most thoughtful ways.

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 1:04 AM

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I’m a guuuuuurrrl.

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 1:00 AM

……oh, good – I Love Guuuuuurrls!….they’re so sooooffft and nice-smelling!

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Glancing over the other posts, boy am I glad I slept all day.

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Just say no to chat… especially cat chat…

viking01 on March 12, 2014 at 12:54 AM

And, more importantly, cat scat chat. Poor Ratso! Gee, I hope he left his catnip at home!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM

That certainly covers all of the bases lol!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Ratso has OC and his family locked in the closet. I’m surprised the kitty hasn’t logged in to bully and…uh, boss us around.

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Oh dear! Now unlawful imprisonment has been added??

Gee, I hate to say this, but I’m almost wishing OC had Ratso declawed!

Almost…

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Williamg,
You’re a lucky guy because there’s so many of us around here to chit chat with. I’ve been slow going posting but hope to pick up the pace as I go.

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM

can’t ya see

Fred

jrsrigmvr on March 12, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Great job tonight with the tunes, Fred!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Eagles – I Can’t Tell You Why

And on that note, I bid Friends and Lurkers niters and sleep well!

Schade, we’re pulling for you! Ed, please, PLEASE let Schade come back!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Feline Fone Friends has a baaaad reputation.

Cops found it in Ratso’s car… and a water pipe.

Apparently he it was trying to smoke it.

Though catnip is legal the water pipe may not be and he it crossed into Iowa.

viking01 on March 12, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Newtie isn’t the only one getting some shut eye.
Nice chatting with you Williamg. Sleep well Newtie.

G’nite peeps

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 1:20 AM

It’s like arguing which of the replacement Curlys were the best Stooge. Irrelevant.

Neither Paul nor Cruz are remotely qualified to run for President. Their Senate office staffs are the biggest things they have ever managed. Let them serve a Senate term or two, then return to Kentucky and Texas to run for Governor and show us what they can do as administrators.

The US federal government is the largest single operation in the world. It takes more than a couple of years in the Senate and the ability to make a good speech to run it.

Be humble. Get the experience. Don’t listen to your fawning admirers, every single one is an idiot.

Adjoran on March 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Adjoran on March 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Just Curious… Who do you think is experienced enough to save the nation; Who has earned the right to run for President?

LegendHasIt on March 12, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2014 at 1:29 AM

……and perhaps my FAVORITE interpretation of Hendrix…..featuring a Guuuurrrl!……..and a Chinese Instrument….and hang in there for at least 90 seconds – because she really bites down on the feedback parts!…

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Love it!

Hey Dire.

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Williamg,
You’re a lucky guy

31giddyup on March 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM

…..I absolutely AM a lucky guy!

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 1:44 AM

LegendHasIt on March 12, 2014 at 1:27 AM

1. Not the Jackwagon Currently in The Office

2. Not McWhine

3. DEFINITELY Sarah Palin

4. Cruz……..

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 1:47 AM

From Drudge:

900,000 Obamacare ‘enrollees’ still haven’t paid for coverage?

I would suspect many more than that.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM

C y n i c !
Okay, I’m goin’ to bed … luv y’all, buh bye.

listens2glenn on March 12, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Night l2g!

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 1:54 AM

adios: vaya con dios
I shall return

Fred

jrsrigmvr on March 12, 2014 at 1:58 AM

williamg on March 12, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Yeah… But I was asking the drive-by bomb thrower.

LegendHasIt on March 12, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Yeah… But I was asking the drive-by bomb thrower.

LegendHasIt on March 12, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Adjoran has been here for years. Just like you have.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Adjoran

The bendover king has spoken.

xblade on March 12, 2014 at 2:07 AM

The bendover king has spoken.

xblade on March 12, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Ben? Good to meetcha. Victor Hugo.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Good evening..:)

PS..You were right about changing password..Can’t change moniker or nic..Sorry if I misled you..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Good evening..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Sorry..Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2014 at 2:11 AM

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Yeah, I saw everyone saying so. After ObamaReich, I decided to get the hell otta Dodge. I logged out and off. And then lurked.

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Lanceman on March 12, 2014 at 2:12 AM

I hear you..I don’t think I have seen anymore posts from ObamaReich..:)

PS..A lot of folks are still upset I see..:(

Dire Straits on March 12, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Oreich posted upthread…

Murphy9 on March 12, 2014 at 2:20 AM

I don’t think I have seen anymore posts from ObamaReich..:)

Dire Straits on March 12, 2014 at 2:17 AM