Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know

posted at 12:41 pm on March 11, 2014 by Erika Johnsen

What does that even mean? That some shall-remain-unnamed Republican colleague literally told her, presumably when asked why he supported the one percent budget cut to the federal food stamp program recently passed in the farm bill or why he did not support extending unemployment benefits or something, that his entire party’s policy platform is based off of its collective and utter indifference to the plight of families in poverty? …Why do I feel skeptical? Via RCP:

I asked a Republican friend why his party remains so opposed to extending the vital lifelines for struggling families and really hungry children. This colleague’s response was telling in its blunt nature and it’s stunning in its honestly. What he said was to the Republican caucus, these people you are talking about are invisible, and the Republican caucus is indifferent to them. Invisible and indifferent. This is just plain wrong. That is not the leadership the American people deserve and it is up to us to demonstrate clearly how Democrats are different.

Ahh, yes — because with the Minority Leader, it’s never the case that Republicans have well-intentioned yet incorrect or impractical policy proposals. It’s always the case that Republicans’ common unifying characteristic is their sociopathic disdain for their fellow human beings, or else their innate aversion to things like “clean water and clean air” or whatever. I mean, I get it: Who wants to have an uncomfortably honest discussion about policy outcomes when you can just slander Republicans for their ostensibly intrinsic derangement? As Ed already noted earlier today, it’s been mighty useful for Democrats to aggressively pretend that Republicans are the craven hyper-partisans in this rodeo (while they themselves are of course paragons of centrism and human compassion), so remember: The only possible solution for lifting people out of poverty is further expanding the already unsustainable entitlement state, or else you’re an apathetic, uncompromising, black-hearted bottom-feeder.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

She lies, she has no friends.

RickB on March 11, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I had a “friend” accuse me of wanting poor people kicked to the street and for hungry people to starve because I said the government needs to do more to reduce fraud of those systems as well as reduce those who actually qualify for hundreds of government programs at once.

He is a self proclaimed “part socialist”…their kind has no honor or decency.

nextgen_repub on March 11, 2014 at 12:45 PM

A Democrat friend of mine told me that Democrats really just want old people to die quickly…

PatriotRider on March 11, 2014 at 12:45 PM

A friend of mine told me democrats support killing babies and abortion factories.

Flange on March 11, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Hey Nancy, your daughter told me that fracking cause that 6.9 earthquake off California’s coast… Who knew we were doing any fracking in California…

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Hey Nancy.

A hungry child is better than no child at all.

WryTrvllr on March 11, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I hear Nancy Pelosi is indifferent to the hungry children of cannery workers in American Samoa, where she happens to own a cannery, and where she inserted an EXCEPTION to the last minimum wage increase.

ConstantineXI on March 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM

It’s probably the same person that told Harry Reid Romney didn’t pay taxes for 10 years.

Wigglesworth on March 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Thats what botox gets you everyone.

Gatsu on March 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM

A “progressive” friend of mine told me her party is indifferent to the genocide of black babies.

nobar on March 11, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Apathetic, uncompromising, black-hearted bottom-feeder or big government? Apathetic, uncompromising, black-hearted bottom-feeder it is.

talking_mouse on March 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM

No Republican would be a friend of yours
you Lying B*tch.

ToddPA on March 11, 2014 at 12:50 PM

It was her invisible friend who lives in her closet but only talks to her when no adults are around.

Akzed on March 11, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Wow. Two whole sentences and not one mention of ObamaCare.

They’re running hard on the program, eh?

BobMbx on March 11, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Nancy Pelosi: bottom dweller.

Who knew?!!!

Shy Guy on March 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM

No Republican would be a friend of yours
you Lying B*tch.

ToddPA on March 11, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Charlie Crist, Dick Lugar, or Mitch McConnell?

ConstantineXI on March 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Reid and Pelosi sure do have interesting “friends.” And by interesting….I mean non-existent.

terryannonline on March 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I sure hope that nobody tells Nancy Pelosi that Catholic girls who support killing babies and tell lies do not get to meet Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates…

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Pelosium: A major research institution has just announced the discovery of the densest element yet known to science. The new element has been named Pelosium. Pelosium has one neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 75 deputy neutrons, and 224 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 311. These particles are held together by dark particles called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. The symbol of Pelosium is PU. Pelosium’s mass actually increases over time, as morons randomly interact with various elements in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons within the Pelosium molecule, leading to the formation of isodopes. This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientist to believe that Pelosium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as Critical Morass. When catalyzed with money, Pelosium activates CNNadnausium, an element that radiates orders of magnitude more energy, albeit as incoherent noise, since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons as Pelosium.

billofrights on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

What a vapid morally, ethically, and intellectually bankrupt fascist.

She takes ‘useful’ out of ‘useful idiot’.

Athos on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Akzed on March 11, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Methinks her friends name is Wormwood, and he aint really a Republican…

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Talking to imaginary friends, eh? Being shut out of power appears to have sent Nazi Pelosi plunging over the edge into full blown insanity.

ElectricPhase on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

These people aren’t in poverty when they’re eating better than I am and have two or three carts stuffed to the brim with food and junk.

jawkneemusic on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Republicans: The party of “no”?

Democrats: The party of “faux”.

JetBoy on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

A ‘progressive’ friend of mine told me that Maerose Prizzi said this after her confab with Bashar al-Assad:

‘…the road to Damascus is a road to peace.’

He is a rare Progressive. He was actually quoting someone accurately.

Resist We Much on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

She is clearly too old and rich to truly represent the people.

KMC1 on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I have a liberal friend who told me that Pelosi doesn’t know how to count. True story.

terryannonline on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I have a liberal friend who told me Harry Reid is a pederast. True story.

jawkneemusic on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

You know, I was talking to a leftist friend of mine the other day, and I wanted to know why leftists loved abortion so much. I was surprised by how blunt and honest he/she/it was, and he/she/it told me that sacrificing babies to Beelzebub promotes their evil bona fides, and they hope to someday also legalize the consumption of dead babies so they can truly get in touch with their black souls.

NotCoach on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Harvey the rabbit !

theblacksheepwasright on March 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM

In about 30 years, we will finally learn the truth… that the real Nancy Pelosi died in a freak accident back in 1997, and has been represented by a fully functioning android built by one of the MythBusters.

If you believe me, look at Geoff Peterson. Because CBS Cares.

Myron Falwell on March 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Now don’t go out there and blab about the GOP’s real agenda! I personally want to hunt down this friend of Pelosi’s for sqealing. Cheap labor doesn’t come without keeping the downtrodden in their place!!! /

Happy Nomad on March 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM

**If you don’t believe me…

Myron Falwell on March 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM

ElectricPhase on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Na, she was already there long before she lost her position as Speaker to the Dead… Errr, I mean Speaker for the House.

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM

She’s drunk.

ctmom on March 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM

NotCoach on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

My liberal friend told me the same thing. True story.

jawkneemusic on March 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Then they are not Republicans.

nobama1267 on March 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM

terryannonline on March 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Nonsense. Pelosi and Reid’s Republican friends are “composites” like Obama’s racist girlfriends or the details of Wendy Davis’s life story.

Happy Nomad on March 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Democrats have a lot of friends that make up $#it about Republicans.

I have a friend that told me all Democrats are idiots and have an IQ the same as their shoe size.

I also have a friend who told me Obama was born in Africa.

Another friend told me all Dems are avowed Communists.

So it must be true.

CycloneCDB on March 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Reid and Pelosi. The Insane Clown Posse of the Democratic Party

sgtstogie on March 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM

billofrights on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Wow, just wow!! Too funny!

Deano1952 on March 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM

terryannonline on March 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM

You don’t believe that there aren’t enough squishes in our party to pass this bullshit to her?

I know that there are enough. In fact, this image came from the GOP circles (directed at conservatives, mind you).

nobar on March 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM

I wish someone…a Will, or Krauthammer for example…would just call her a liar and defy her to produce the “Republican” who allegedly said that.

Blaise on March 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Madamn piglosi needs to quit listening to those voices rummaging around in that vacuum between her ears. Yet how many times have we heard from the left, stories of how persons from the right relate horror stories that prove conservs have no compassion

YEt where was madamn piglosi’s compassion while she was running up $trillions in natl debt and forcing husseincare on America

tuttle from tacoma on March 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM

**If you don’t believe me…

Myron Falwell on March 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM

…you’re a racist.

jawkneemusic on March 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM

NotCoach on March 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Buncha damn racists here…

affenhauer on March 11, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Everybody tells me Nancy is nuts.

albill on March 11, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Pelosi is trolling

22044 on March 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Desperation is a stinky, stinky perfume.

Especially when sported by an aging harridan, whose charms left her a long time ago…

JohnGalt23 on March 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM

billofrights on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Oh man, too good.

Cleombrotus on March 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM

His name is Some!

You know Some, don’t you.

He’s the guy that’s always losing arguments with Barack Obama.

jaydee_007 on March 11, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I don’t have any demorat friends but I did overhear a demorat at the grocery store saying he wants all U.S. troops imprisoned and then executed for being child killers.

Why do demorats want to execute our soldiers? Jeebus, seems extreme.

Bishop on March 11, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Blaise on March 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM

It was probably Charlie Crist…

JetBoy on March 11, 2014 at 1:06 PM

billofrights on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

:-)

Sadly, I liken her ilk more to cancer, with its horrible, destructive behavior.

MisterElephant on March 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Resist We Much on March 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Doesn’t top Guam tipping over. But give Booker some time, it might happen.

nobar on March 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Well I can assure you, Nanzi, that if I had to choose between feeding my own children and providing McDonald’s value meals 3 times a day for the children of some nameless welfare queen somewhere in the Bronx, I would choose my own children and let the others starve.

You betcha.

UltimateBob on March 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Some of my best friends are Republican…

melle1228 on March 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM

billofrights on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Hats off to Bill!!!

Akzed on March 11, 2014 at 1:11 PM

God, she’s one ugly broad.

lostmotherland on February 26, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Such shallow trolls.

slickwillie2001 on March 11, 2014 at 1:11 PM

This woman is a despicable slug with the morals of a goat.

rplat on March 11, 2014 at 1:11 PM

And a Democrat told me that the reason they favor murdering babies in the womb is that they’re truly sick, mentally ill people. They later went on to note that the clearest indicator of that are the pos they chose to lead them in the House and Senate.

changer1701 on March 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM

“YOU LIE”!

faol on March 11, 2014 at 1:13 PM

John McCain and Paul Ryan agrees with her

David in ATL on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM

This woman is a despicable slug with the morals of a goat.

rplat on March 11, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Goats have way more morals than Pelosi, apologize to those poor goats for besmirching their character by associating them with Pelosi…

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Akzed on March 11, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Methinks her friends name is Wormwood, and he aint really a Republican…

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Back when she was Queen of the House, her Air Force plane (NanaOne?) always had to be well-stocked for her trips with a long list of booze, including Grey Goose Vodka.

slickwillie2001 on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Thats what botox gets you everyone.

Gatsu on March 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Yup, a clear case of BDS (Botox Derangement Syndrome).

Deafdog on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I wonder if Pelosi’s imaginary Republican friend knows Harry Reid’s imaginary friend Little Tommy?

Mallard T. Drake on March 11, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I’m curious…

Was she actually describing how Republicans see the beneficiaries of all her Ideas

OR

Was she describing how Democrats see the Taxpayers who actually foot the bill regarding all of her Ideas?

jaydee_007 on March 11, 2014 at 1:17 PM

billofrights on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

She blinded me with science!

Flange on March 11, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Both she and Harry Reid sure like to listen to their imaginary friends a lot.

Bitter Clinger on March 11, 2014 at 1:18 PM

I am just incapable of understanding how these people live with themselves. They go to bed at night and think “yea, I lied my ass off, but I’m still a good person because…”

The noble lie? The greater good argument? I just don’t get it.

Meric1837 on March 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM

It’s OK, he was kidding.

Flange on March 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM

You’re right . . . please accept my apologies, goats,

rplat on March 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Why do demorats want to execute our soldiers? Jeebus, seems extreme.

Bishop on March 11, 2014 at 1:06 PM

You betcha.

UltimateBob on March 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM

First comment by Bishop…..Nice snark.

Second comment ?????.

HonestLib on March 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM

billofrights on March 11, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Well done. That’s a hall of fame post right there.

Mallard T. Drake on March 11, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Second comment ?????.

HonestLib on March 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM

What part of that didn’t you understand?

By taxing me and giving the money away to “starving” children somewhere else, she is effectively taking food out of the mouths of my family.

UltimateBob on March 11, 2014 at 1:22 PM

We have to get rid of the Republican party to see whats in it.

Sven on March 11, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Her one and only friend lives in a mirror.

antipc on March 11, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I TOLD a friend harry reid sexually assaulted me when I was 8.

dmacleo on March 11, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Nancy Pelosi is living proof that Democrat politicians should never be allowed to have children.

Khun Joe on March 11, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I do not see how they can be invisible and ignored by us when we overwhelmingly donate the lions share to charitable organizations which feed the poor and hungry.

astonerii on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 PM

We’re going to simplify for dramatic effect? Ok, I can play that game.

Republicans hate the poor; they keep trying to get them to work, improve themselves, and not be poor anymore; but instead be useful members of society.

The Democrats LOVE the poor; they want to keep the poor in poverty forever, and add more poor people whenever they can. Nothing thrills a Democrat more than knowing they can lock the poor into poverty for their entire lives.

Look at their proposals, raise costs on food and energy, remove low paying jobs from the market entirely, and add more unskilled workers from other countries by the millions.

IF your goal WERE to have more poverty, more poor, and more long-term poor stuck in poverty; what would you do differently from the Democrat’s main action policies?

Anything?

Let me know if she still wants to play this game.

gekkobear on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM

YOU KNOW, SOMEHOW “BATSHIT CRAZY” JUST DOESN’T CUT IT FOR NANCY ANYMORE……

SDarchitect on March 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM

The people who believe her will continue to while the ones who dislike her politics will remain in denial. I am part of the crowd that believes republicans truly disdain the poor and struggling American. After all, the poor and struggling American is why they believe their taxes keep going up. So I understand why conservatives hate them. Especially the ones in urban areas.

One thing I don’t understand is why they can’t come out and say how they truly feel.

i_am_liberal on March 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM

HonestLib on March 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Moot point anyway. Every country that has imposed the libtard wet dream welfare state is demographically imploding.

WryTrvllr on March 11, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Hey Nancy,

these people you are talking about are invisible

blammm on March 11, 2014 at 1:28 PM

A friend of mine, who lives in Oakland and makes his living doing some really shady stuff, told me that Nancy Pelosi has a deal with some “coyote” smugglers of illegal alien Mexicans. He says that once a month three young virginal Mexican girls are brought into her San Francisco home whereupon their throats are slit and bodies drained of blood so that Nancy may bathe in it.

I don’t believe it, but hey, that’s what my anonymous friend says.

M240H on March 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM

i_am_liberal on March 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM

You mean like a commitment on the XL pipeline, that would generate thousand of jobs?

WryTrvllr on March 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Would she rather be The Stupid Party then?

Ukiah on March 11, 2014 at 1:31 PM

YOU KNOW, SOMEHOW “BATSHIT CRAZY” JUST DOESN’T CUT IT FOR NANCY ANYMORE……

SDarchitect on March 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM

As a resident of the once great state of California, I can guarantee you, batshit crazy, never was a phrase that adequately described Pelosi. She only keeps getting elected because her constitutes are even crazier then she is.

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 1:31 PM

i_am_liberal on March 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM

And yet, the philanthropic donations of Conservatives outnumber those of Liberals two-to-one year after year …

M240H on March 11, 2014 at 1:31 PM

It was either John Kasich who said this to her, or it was the same Republican donor that “told” Hairy Reid that Romney hadn’t paid any taxes in over a decade.

MTF on March 11, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Sure, I believe it was a “Republican” – David Brooks or Charlie Christ, 10 minutes before he switched parties. There’s quite a few “Republicans” that are ready to throw their party under the bus because they’d rather suck up to Democrats and be invited to the right parties.

dkmonroe on March 11, 2014 at 1:34 PM

i_am_liberal on March 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM

If you are honestly stupid enough to believe what you just wrote, than I am genuinely stunned that you manage to feed yourself and not forget to breath.

oscarwilde on March 11, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Has San Fran Gran Nan apologized to the CIA personnel she threw under the bus when she repeatedly lied after being caught on-board with enhanced interrogation of terror suspects?

A despicable human being, that one.

FishingwFredo on March 11, 2014 at 1:35 PM

i_am_liberal on March 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM

read paragraph 5 CAREFULLY. Now you’re an educated lib.

WryTrvllr on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Democrats obviously care about starving children… it’s what their policies produce in mass numbers.

dpduq on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 PM