Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer

posted at 8:01 pm on March 11, 2014 by Allahpundit

An evening palate cleanser for all the parents of young children in the HA readership, who now spend their days having to listen to the soundtrack again and again. And again.

There’s no way out. Just laugh at the pain.

Comments

young children? i like the movie and i’m 23- many teens and young adults like the movie too. although i admit i am sick of “let it go.” haha

Sachiko on March 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

OK. I laughed.

Bitter Clinger on March 11, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I loved the Snowman…

The rest…

just OK…

Electrongod on March 11, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I’ll wait for How It Should Have Ended.

de rigueur on March 11, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Is Allahpundit a parent?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM

ROTFLMBO!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM

There’s no way out. Just laugh at the pain.

Pain?

nobar on March 11, 2014 at 8:17 PM

This looks like Game of Thrones for kids, right (I’m presuming no nudity, but many of my presumptions are wrong these days)?

ShainS on March 11, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Is Allahpundit a parent?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM

If you count cats as children.

Bitter Clinger on March 11, 2014 at 8:18 PM

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Yes-it’s just that his kindeles have 4 legs rather than two.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 8:22 PM

When the Mad Hatter is trashing a Disney song, yeah, it’s gotta be gone – like now.

corona79 on March 11, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I have 10 and 7 year old girls. The damned song has been in my head for 3 weeks and counting.

Missy on March 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Worth it just for the “Happy now, Jezebel[.com]?!” line.

Caiwyn on March 11, 2014 at 8:31 PM

“We’re gonna pooooork!”

whatcat on March 11, 2014 at 8:33 PM

That was awful. Tobuscus makes much better parody trailers (his video game commercial parodies are great, too).

Frozen was pretty cute, and the lead song by Idina whats-her-name is beautiful. Tangled is still my favorite, but I did like that in Frozen the act of true love was a sister’s sacrifice and not just another predictable true love’s kiss (although, I did enjoy Enchanted immensely).

TXJenny on March 11, 2014 at 8:37 PM

although i admit i am sick of “let it go.” haha

Sachiko on March 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Stop listening to it a thousand times in a row!

John the Libertarian on March 11, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Why did I just listen to that?

kcewa on March 11, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Nailed it.

Also, in an attempt to prove I am not always a racist: name the last non-white person in a Disney animated film.

I know it’s set in Scanahoovia and all, but they couldn’t work in a lost Moor somewhere? C’mon.

TexasDan on March 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM

That was awful.
TXJenny on March 11, 2014 at 8:37 PM

May be, but it’s as close as I’d ever wanna get to watching the movie. For a cartoon, I’ll take Bugs Bunny any day over crapola like this.

whatcat on March 11, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Aww, I liked the movie, although Tangle was much better. This was hilarious though.

melle1228 on March 11, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Missy on March 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM

This was hilarious:

melle1228 on March 11, 2014 at 8:57 PM

The Princess and the Frog – Trailer

The Princess

kcewa on March 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I was 7 years old when The Little Mermaid came out and it seemed EVERY girl my age was singing

Part of your worldddddddddddddddddddddddd!

over and over again, melodramatically.

Now, I’m 31 and all the girls around that age, including my own daughter are singing

Let it goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

over and over again, melodramatically.

thebrokenrattle on March 11, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Dude. 32 and loved this movie. Best Disney since Lion King hands down. People ask me why I liked a feminist movie so much. 2 things
1) I have a daughter
2) It has a markedly 1st wave feminism feel. No gender reversal, just independence and commonsense equality
Anyways. Seen it at least 20 times with the kids and, yes, it’s the car’s OST at this point in time

daddytype on March 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM

“I’m kinda turned on by reindeer”. Ha ha. That’s Disney for ya (and your kids).

Ruckus_Tom on March 11, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Adele Dazeem. Too funny.

John the Libertarian on March 11, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Ha! The “Frozen” soundtrack stuck in my head would be better than the pain I’ve been inflicted with for taking my son to see “The Lego Movie” twice — “EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!” At least “Frozen” has more songs in it…

(But seriously, I did like “The Lego Movie”, I’ve just had that damn song stuck in my head for the past month)

ScoopPC11 on March 11, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Glad I can’t stand Disney. Harumph!

OldEnglish on March 11, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Hilarious. We’ve had two Frozen birthday parties, the soundtrack on an endless loop and a singing Olaf doll. It’s gotten so bad that I’ve caught myself at work whistling Frozen songs around my co-workers. It’s all good though. The girls enjoy it. They’re counting the days down until it comes out on DVD. Then we’ll have it on an endless loop in the house and car.

JohnInCA on March 11, 2014 at 9:47 PM

F R E E
the
S H A D !
please

KOOLAID2 on March 11, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Saw the movie with my wife and older children (aged 7 and 5). I cringed through every song, mostly because it was clear that almost every song was a stretch except for Let it Go or whatever the song title is. I really cringed because I hate Disney musicals. Frankly it’s a rare musical I like. It’s one thing to have a play/movie that’s intended as a musical, it’s another when they insert stupid songs and dance throughout a movie because it’s supposed to be good. Never liked them. Never.

Took the oldest two to see the Lego Movie. That they can’t stop talking about – Frozen melted away that day for them. They don’t remember any of the songs except for the one line, “everything is awesome”, which they don’t sing because they’re not into singing.

I didn’t find the “real” trailer funny, but then, it takes a lot – or just really good humor – to get me to laugh. … I only chuckled a couple of times during the Lego Movie.

Logus on March 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Now, that said, the movie was good if you disregard the music, and my older children are boys, so there’s that as far as interests.

Logus on March 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM

HANS GRUBER! Lolololololol! Awesomeness!

battalion on March 12, 2014 at 6:55 AM

As Honest Trailers go, that was pretty disappointing. It’s like they couldn’t find anything REALLY wrong with the movie. Their hit on The Avengers was hilarious. This one is just meh.

Sounds like a different voice over artist too. Did they lose somebody?

dkmonroe on March 12, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Pretty accurate trailer. Frozen was alright, but the songs(save for Let It Go) were instantly forgettable and oddly front-loaded too. The 2nd half of the movie had almost no tunes. Tangled was 100 times better. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that was easily the best Disney animated film(note, I’m talking Disney here, not Pixar) in a very long time.

Doughboy on March 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM

TexasDan on March 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM

The princess from just two movies ago.

The entire cast of Chicken Little.

Pocahontas.

Mulan.

You probably wouldn’t count the cast of Emperor’s New Groove, even though they were an ancient Meso-American empire.

Lilo.

The Schaef on March 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Sounds like a different voice over artist too. Did they lose somebody?

dkmonroe on March 12, 2014 at 9:01 AM

If The Avengers is your benchmark, then yes, it’s a different voiceover artist.

All the Honest Trailers through the end of 2012 were done by the guy you’re familiar with.

Starting with the Lord of the Rings trailer, they’ve been done by another guy, with a better baritone but lacking the gravel of the first.

The Schaef on March 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM

From the perspective of the mother of four and the grandmother of four: Every little kid latches onto a movie that he/she insists on watching over and over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum. My oldest son could watch Dumbo 24/7. My two youngest (twins) had a more sophisticated palate; Jaws ran on our VCR for months without stopping. I can’t remember what the middle kid was into, but I’m sure it drove me every bit as insane as Dumbo and Jaws. On the other hand, I did get a little bit of revenge: My daughter’s (one of the twins) oldest boy went through a spell where he watched Thomas the Tank movies and TV episodes and all of his toys had to be from Thomas the Tank. I had no sympathy when she started whining about how Thomas the Tank was getting on her nerves.

Grit your teeth, parents of young children. It’s just a phase. Believe me when I say that a few years down the road, you will look back at this phase as a time of total bliss compared to some of their later phases.

catsandbooks on March 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM

You gotta admit, that reindeer was hot! ;)

s1im on March 12, 2014 at 9:34 PM

TexasDan on March 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM

You are so right. Even the snowmen were white!

s1im on March 12, 2014 at 9:36 PM

TexasDan on March 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM

You are so right. Even the snowmen are white!

s1im on March 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM