Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on March 10, 2014 by Allahpundit

Every eager conservative activist who rides the free shuttle to the event will have to watch a video on the bus’s screens of a descendant of John Philip Sousa explaining why Carson is the “the only candidate who can beat Hillary Clinton” in 2016. And the first 2,000 people who check into their hotel rooms here will find Carson on their room keys. He’s on the CPAC straw poll, and his fans downstairs at the exhibition hall will tell you why he’s a mathematical shoo-in for the presidency…

It’s all the work of the National Draft Ben Carson for President Committee, which is trying to get the conservative neurosurgeon to run for president. It’s part fan club, part savvy campaign.

The case for Carson is all about math and race. Carson is African-American and his supporters think that will be his path to victory. He’s “a respected figure among black Americans,” the video explains, and if he can win just 17 percent of the black vote, it is “mathematically impossible” for a Democrat to win the White House…

“Carsonologists,” as Robinson calls the devoted fans who parse every word from Carson’s mouth like it was coming out of the Politburo, have noticed a subtle but potentially meaningful shift in his tense choice lately. Carson has gone from saying he “hopes” the right candidate will emerge to saying he “hoped” one would, perhaps indicating that he’s moving toward a run. Robinson is trying to push Carson there by sending him 4,000 petitions a week urging him to get in the race.

***

Carson did say, however, “I’ve heard from some very big donors” encouraging him to run, though he wouldn’t offer any names. He readily acknowledges that he’s not steeped in politics and would need a team with that experience to mount a strong challenge…

“I really am waiting more to see what the field looks like. If there’s somebody out there who is truly exciting people, there wouldn’t be any need for me to run,” he said.

But that hasn’t happened yet: “I think there are a lot of potential people. No one has really grabbed the imagination of the American people.”

Indeed, if the need is there, he just might do it. Begrudgingly.

“I don’t particularly want to do it,” he told The Hill, “but I would never turn my back on my fellow Americans.”

***

Carson hasn’t said anything to indicate he’s planning a run, but his supporters are optimistic. When the group first filed, Greta Van Susteren asked him if he had White House ambitions. Carson responded by describing a presidential bid as “not something I particularly want to do.” But he also said he wouldn’t interfere with efforts to draft him. For the Draft Ben Carson committee, that was enough.

“We decided that was a wink, and a pretty political wink,” Robinson says.

***

Left-wing racists are attacking Johns Hopkins University physician Ben Carson, who delivered a crowd-pleasing speech Saturday at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

The indispensable Twitchy Team collects many jaw-dropping assaults on Carson as a thinker, a professional, a leader, an American, and a human being.

Carson is an “Uncle Tom,” tweets self-described comedian Laura Levites…

Other epithets hurled by progressive bigots: “lunatic,” “clown,” “house negro” and beneficiary of the “soft bigotry of low expectations” — this last a sophistical phrase baritone Michael Ditto expropriates from former president George W. Bush.

***

In his short career as a conservative icon, Dr. Ben Carson has traveled the traditional stations of the cross. The media, surprised by his first political speech at the 2013 National Prayer Breakfast, has covered his view of gay marriage (unnatural, just as bestiality is unnatural), of Obamacare (“the worst thing to happen since slavery”), of Nazi Germany (parallels to today). This has bound the movement ever closer to Carson

“One of the principles of Saul Alinsky is that you make the majority think their ideology is outdated, and nobody thinks that way,” Carson told the audience. The media had done all that, and lied about him, like when it claimed he had compared Obamacare to slavery.

“Of course they’re not the same thing,” said Carson. “Slavery is much worse. But keep in mind what happens with Obamacare,” a massive transfer of power from the people to the state.

***

***

“One of the things that is so important for conservatives — the ship is about to sail off of Niagara Falls and we’re all going to be killed. And we got a bunch of people looking over the side of the ship and they’re saying, ‘But there’s barnacles on the side; we’ve got to get the barnacles off’. Forget about the barnacles. We got to get the ship turned around first. And you know when we get through with the primary season, and your person hasn’t won — you can call them whatever you want to call them, you can call them a RINO, you can call them a teabagger — you can call them whatever you want. Vote for ‘em, OK. We need those people, OK. We need them.”

***

When asked whether he’s thinking of running for president, as many CPAC attendees have encouraged him to do, he said he doesn’t “have a desire to” do it, but does want to help save his country, which might mean an electoral run.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

It feels like a wake or a funeral in here tonight. I was hoping for and expecting levity…

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM

During my ‘time out’ I spent time over @ Ace’s.
They’re waaay to ribald for my tastes.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Ace’s moderating skills are very poor. He’ll allow all kinds of comments, no matter how profane or extreme, for days, but then he’ll get ticked about something (often on a controversial topic) and go on a banning spree that includes people who didn’t say anything THAT bad. It’s an awful way of handling moderation.

DisneyFan on March 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM

God Bless, Scrumpy.

And ‘nite to everyone else too

22044 on March 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Hoping Schade will be back among us soon!

And on that note, I bid Friends and Lurkers niters and sleep well.

Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 1:13 AM

INC on March 11, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Well I knew one or the other you could not change..I picked the wrong one and gave out bad info..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on March 11, 2014 at 1:13 AM

G’night darlin’

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 AM

During my ‘time out’ I spent time over @ Ace’s.
They’re waaay to ribald for my tastes.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Sexual innuendo and double entendre are like their raison d’etre over at Ace’s site. Again, it is a reflection of the coarseness/crassness of modern American culture. We let our immaturity hang-out for all to see. I’ve been guilty of it myself to at least some extent. FLOTUS just proved to be too tempting of a target.

CyberCipher on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 AM

There is a chance that his ban will be temporary, right? I think something like that would be fair.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:16 AM

CyberCipher on March 11, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I can curse like a Marine at times-but all that innuendo stuff just wasn’t me.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Reminds me of the time I got banned at Lucianne.com for racism.

That I was directly quoting Terezza Heinz-Kerry; not making the statement myself was irrelevant. Lucianne was in a bad mood when the P.C. Police reported it and refused to listen to reason.

Say Law Vee, as the French say.

I actually got some stuff done, instead of wasting my time talking about politics online, between then and when Michelle started Hot Air.

LegendHasIt on March 11, 2014 at 1:16 AM

DisneyFan on March 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM

I didn’t know they moderated at all over at Ace’s!!..:):)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Just trying to help here..But did you go read SWalker’s blog after his banning..He cleary stepped over the line..:)Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM

But if memory serves, on this site didn’t he just mention a light fixture and a method of attachment? I could be wrong in my recollection. What he said on his blog has nothing to do with his banning. It did however, greatly diminish his chances to get reinstated.

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:19 AM

DisneyFan on March 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM

A good mod is like a good parent—clear limits and consistent discipline as much as humanly possible. Not spoiling your kids one day and then yelling at them the next for doing the same thing they’ve been doing w/o consequences.

INC on March 11, 2014 at 1:21 AM

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Just stunned that Schad would get personal, like Ed suggested he was, it’s out of character, in my mind Axe…

Scrumpy on March 11, 2014 at 1:02 AM

*nod*

It’s nice to see you Scrump. :)

<-Working

Axe on March 11, 2014 at 1:23 AM

I’m going to post this once, and won’t address it again. If people want to comment here, they’d do best to refrain from gratuitous, unprovoked, and cruel personal attacks on the appearance of my guests, especially when that guest is also a friend of mine. I don’t care how long they’ve been around.

Ed Morrissey on March 11, 2014 at 12:32 AM

What a small and unchristian like man. You give a small man a little power and it goes right to his head, every time. Hey, small and preening man, ban this ID. I don’t want it anyway. Well, ether ban it or change it to DasMorrisseyReich. I think if Valery Jarret had a daughter she would *look* like you.

DasObamaReich
on March 11, 2014 at 12:53 AM

First time ever, a commenter gets “banned” by his/her first comment ?

listens2glenn on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

I didn’t know they moderated at all over at Ace’s!!..:):)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Ace does not have any registration. I think they just ban your IP.

Evening by the way.

Sad about Schad. Given Ed’s explanation, it looks permanent to me.

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

I still just cannot wrap my head around Schad’s banning. Did Eric in Hollywood also get banned today?

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

l2g, dasobamareich has been here 6 years.

Murphy9 on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Which thread was he on? I haven’t seen him around a lot so if it’s only a lack of comments that may be an indication.

INC on March 11, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Nah EIH didn’t get banned but he and Ed went toe to toe for a few posts.

Murphy9 on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

So, somebody got banned?

tommy71 on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

First time ever, a commenter gets “banned” by his/her first comment ?

listens2glenn on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Yeah, I think that is a record.

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

there is a chance that his ban will be temporary, right? I think something like that would be fair. bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:16 AM

You are free to post as much on the tems thread right under Eds post. Which is right under mine. Which is right under ALT’s.

Or Email Ed.

Hell, he might listen to you. You drive up hits pissing us off.

wolly4321 on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Where’s the page where all this went down?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Yeah Tommy…..Schad… and a One Hit Wonder.

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:27 AM

l2g, dasobamareich has been here 6 years.

Murphy9 on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

I’ll take your word for it … you’ve been here longer than I.

But I didn’t recognize the ‘handle’.

listens2glenn on March 11, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Oh, thats sad, Ken. Must have really annoyed Ed for him to do that.

tommy71 on March 11, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Where’s the page where all this went down?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Today’s The Ed Morissey Show Thread.

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Where’s the page where all this went down?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

TEMS. Lisa de Pasquale.

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:28 AM

I do think Ed is a fair person, and he tolerates a lot, and I am hopeful that this banning will be temporary. Of course, I didn’t see the comment, but maybe he didn’t mean it in a terrible way.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Where’s the page where all this went down?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

The Ed Morrisey Show.

listens2glenn on March 11, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Nah EIH didn’t get banned but he and Ed went toe to toe for a few posts.

Murphy9 on March 11, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Which thread if I may ask? Thanks in advance.

DisneyFan on March 11, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Oh, thats sad, Ken. Must have really annoyed Ed for him to do that.

tommy71 on March 11, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Ed removed the post. Says Schad insulted his guest based on her pic I guess.

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I must be stupid, I can’t find the page. I have never gone to one of those pages before. I clicked on the link in the menu at top, but I don’t see anyone with that name listed.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Good evening..Sorry I missed you the other night..The “Hello? Is there anybody out there?” is sometimes my “goodbye” post for the night and when I post it I am gone..Guess I need to start sticking around after it..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Please tell me I just hear wrong – did someone just say Schad got “banned”?

That’s not possible!

williamg on March 11, 2014 at 1:31 AM

LegendHasIt on March 11, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Besides last summer, I’ve been banned from LGF-hasn’t everybody-and Barking Moonbat Early Warning System.
It was at BMEWS that my handle was born.
Anyway-one of the blog’s co-founders took umbrage at being criticized by some of us ladies. In a matter of a few hours he banned a bunch of females-myself included-and our strongest male defenders. I had a blog at that point that BMEWS had blogrolled-and i was getting a ton of hits because of it. After I was banned the hits all but stopped.
Vilmar had left the blog beforehand, and Alan-the banner died maybe 5-6 years ago.
I’ve been unbanned-but I just don’t comment there anymore.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Please tell me I just hear wrong – did someone just say Schad got “banned”?

That’s not possible!

williamg on March 11, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Done. And Ed sounds resolute (pissed)

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM

I always stick around for a few minutes after saying goodnight … sometimes I return from the dead … sometimes as a sock puppet ;-)

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

INC on March 11, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Good point INC. VERY GOOD

Axe is not working. He is making a sammich. Betcha.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

After reading Ed’s explanation, does anyone still think he’s wrong ?

listens2glenn on March 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

williamg on March 11, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Unfortunately-it’s true.
Lance and the OC have told me to shut up about it lest I get into trouble again.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 1:33 AM

williamg on March 11, 2014 at 1:31 AM

I’m stunned too. And not just because I might never get Schads Pebble.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2014 at 1:33 AM

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Just wanted to add..Ace of Spades has an excellent podcast..imho..It is thought provoking and hillarious at the same time..Give it a try..I think you will like it..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:33 AM

After reading Ed’s explanation, does anyone still think he’s wrong ?

listens2glenn on March 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Sometimes I disagree with Ed’s decisions but not in this case.

What is puzzling is Schadenfreude’s behaviour. It seems entirely out of character. I suppose he just slipped.

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:34 AM

sometimes I return from the dead … sometimes as a sock puppet ;-)

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:34 AM

I must be stupid, I can’t find the page.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Must be? Heh…

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:34 AM

I

I can’t recall what got him banned at HA..You are correct in saying that his blog posts on his blog following the ban at Hot Air made it impossible for him to get commenting priviledges back on hot air..:) Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:23 AM

He didn’t say anything I wasn’t saying and wish I could say again.

I speak on trenches, it’s no different.

They act like lamp posts and tar and feathers are punchlines.

It happened for real, and could again.

I wish they would spare me salvation from history.

wolly4321 on March 11, 2014 at 1:35 AM

I see. I remember seeing that headline earlier, but I didn’t read the thread.

I’m afraid to say anything now. I just hope that he has his ban lifted in a week or something.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:35 AM

After reading Ed’s explanation, does anyone still think he’s wrong ?

listens2glenn on March 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I have no way to know. I am sure Shchad’s comment was less than complimentary, But it takes a lot, most times, to get banned here. I would save my opinion until I have the facts.

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:34 AM

roflmao..AnninCA is Einstein..:):)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:33 AM

I’ve been listening to the podcast since January. You can find them all at http://dev.aoshq.com/blog … they are usually posted there before the official announcement.

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Sometimes I disagree with Ed’s decisions but not in this case.
gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Did you see the original comment?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Good point INC. VERY GOOD

Axe is not working. He is making a sammich. Betcha.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Thanks, Sparky! Parenting 101 is a highly transferable skill. :)

Or else Axe is out on a Cheeto run.

INC on March 11, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Who is Eric in Hollywood? Was he a liberal?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Did you see the original comment?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM

No. I infer its nature by Ed’s response and some of the other posters. It is not the kind of thing I would do but I can see Schadenfreude doing it if something really irritated him. So I just have to take Ed’s word for it.

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:39 AM

After reading Ed’s explanation, does anyone still think he’s wrong ?

listens2glenn on March 11, 2014 at 1:32 AM

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Sorry. didn’t mean to sound mean.

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Word of advice to all posters old and young..If you are going to make a controversial remark do NOT do it in the TEMS thread..That will always get you banned!..:)

Dire Straits on March 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Public Service Announcement for QOTD Thread Page 5..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Who is Eric in Hollywood? Was he a liberal?

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Are you really that clueless, or do you just enjoy playing the fool?

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:40 AM

I probably should stop asking about this. I don’t want to get myself in trouble asking about it.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:40 AM

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM

AP is a lot more hammer-happy than Ed.
Ed mentions the banning. AP’s bannings are more Nacht und Nebel.
You just disappear.
*No-I am NOT comparing AP to anything even sort of Nazi-ish!*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Dire Straits on March 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Important safety tip.

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Are you really that clueless, or do you just enjoy playing the fool?
OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:40 AM

I can remember who a lot of people here are, but not all of them. I have seen that name discussed, but I am not sure what it was about. Sheesh.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Doubt it.

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:38 AM

A new commenter who I believe labeled himself as a libertarian.

INC on March 11, 2014 at 1:43 AM

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:40 AM

If anyone is likely to get in trouble over asking/protesting it’ll be me.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Also another point of order..The TEMS Show has a “Troll gun” in its chat room..Not a wise idea to go running controversial smack in it..Or you could get “dismissed” for it..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I used to get Scrumpy confused with sparkplug. And all those funny headline commenters used to blend together in my mind.

Schad was one of those names you’d see often.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:46 AM

OK, now we need a lot of innocuous comments layered over all of this to bury the bodies, so to speak.

INC on March 11, 2014 at 1:46 AM

We’ll all be walking on eggshells for the next couple of days.

tommy71 on March 11, 2014 at 1:47 AM

In happier news, iOS 7 .1 is really awesome. I do all of my commenting from my iPhone, and I remember being devastated when I had to switch to 7.0. Now I feel like I am back with my comfy iPhone interface and bold font. And it is so fast. It is such a pleasure to read and comment using it on this site. Even the dictation is faster. I use dictation for everything.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:48 AM

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Good deal..I really like the podcast..I have not missed listening to them..Thanks for the links..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:48 AM

probably should stop asking about this. I don’t want to get myself in trouble asking about it. bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:40 AM

No,, please,, continue.

Go full Lourde. We beg of you.

wolly4321 on March 11, 2014 at 1:48 AM

wolly4321 on March 11, 2014 at 1:48 AM

You are excellent at reading minds..:):)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:50 AM

No,, please,, continue.

Go full Lourde. We beg of you.

wolly4321 on March 11, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Heh…
I’d actually prefer seeing hagfish stick around…

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:50 AM

We’ll all be walking on eggshells for the next couple of days.
tommy71 on March 11, 2014 at 1:47 AM

I know what you mean.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:50 AM

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Thank you. That means so much.

On that happy note, I will go to sleep. Take care, all! And I hope that Schad comes back.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:52 AM

I’d actually prefer seeing hagfish stick around…

OmahaConservative on March 11, 2014 at 1:50 AM

I find hagfish and her detractors quite entertaining. Much more so than the encounters with liberal trolls.

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:54 AM

remember who a lot of people here are, but not all of them. I have seen that name discussed, but I am not sure what it was about. Sheesh. bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Read more,talk less?

You claim you don’t know anybody. Except those that agree… throw you bread.

wolly4321 on March 11, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Well … it’s getting very late and I have not done anything useful for the past couple of days so I’d better turn in.

Good night all.

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:57 AM

gh on March 11, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Enjoyed it..Later friend..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I will say good night Hot Air. Good Night Schad. Talk to you soon.. I hope..

KCB on March 11, 2014 at 1:58 AM

The call is to six soldiers marching, accompanied by six young maidens singing, and that they should not muffle their drums but play their fifes merrily for the good who have been taken today.

Cheshire Cat on March 11, 2014 at 1:58 AM

happier news, iOS 7 .1 is really awesome. I do all of my commenting from my iPhone, and I remember being devastated when I had to switch to 7.0. Now I feel like I am back with my comfy iPhone interface and bold font. And it is so fast. It is such a pleasure to read and comment using it on this site. Even the dictation is faster. I use dictation for everything. bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Off topic.

wolly4321 on March 11, 2014 at 1:58 AM

We’ll all be walking on eggshells for the next couple of days.
tommy71 on March 11, 2014 at 1:47 AM

I know what you mean.

bluegill on March 11, 2014 at 1:50 AM

I won’t be acting any different

annoyinglittletwerp on March 11, 2014 at 1:59 AM

williamg on March 11, 2014 at 2:00AM

That was good.

Indeed, he was one of the first to talk to me here.

wolly4321 on March 11, 2014 at 2:13 AM

williamg on March 11, 2014 at 2:00 AM

williamg, you really are remarkable and very kind, indeed. Thank you for that post on behalf of our friend, Schadenfreude.

I can’t stay, but I wanted you to know how very much I appreciate that post, and you, my friend.

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2014 at 2:13 AM

williamg on March 11, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Well said.

INC on March 11, 2014 at 2:14 AM

So are the Malthusians still blathering on about the Earth’s fever or what?

Murphy9 on March 11, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Thanks…….just coming from the heart. Much appreciated…..and God Bless you to you Jackie – you effulgent beacon of transformative light!

williamg on March 11, 2014 at 2:22 AM

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2014 at 2:13 AM

are you still online??..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Dr. Ben = what we need to restore the Republic … follow his lead.

ORrighty on March 11, 2014 at 2:24 AM

First time ever, a commenter gets “banned” by his/her first comment ?

listens2glenn on March 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Who needs hits? Shrinking the clickbait audience is the way to go.

I’ve noticed that by the number of comments at least, things have been going down on HA for some months. I enjoy reading Breitbart much more anyway. At least there editorial line is more in keeping in the spirit of modern conservative activism and taking the fight and the messaging to the other side.

HA is a microcosm of the trajectory of more conventional conservatism – it peaked with the Bush victory and the righteous response to 9/11, but has been in a defensive crouch ever since the war started to go bad, even lashing out at its base.

I really hope that HA will come around, but really, how many years do Ed and AP need to “get it”? McCain getting buried in ’08 should have had them thinking about different approaches to countering the politics of the other side.

FrankT on March 11, 2014 at 2:25 AM

williamg,
We haven’t “met” here at HA but I just wanted to say your post above regarding Shad was very touching. He truly has the best of friends here and I hope for their sakes as well as his, that he is able to find his way back here, one way or another. Blessings to you.

31giddyup on March 11, 2014 at 2:47 AM

People better get on the truck that I’ve been selling because it is Walker or Bust. Anyone who thinks that ANY other type of candidate would work are just fooling themselves.

Midwestprincesse on March 11, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Midwestprincesse on March 11, 2014 at 2:54 AM

I like Walker..But first Walker needs to win reelection for Governor or there is no truck to get on..I think he will..But don’t you think we should concentrate on winning reelection first??..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Midwestprincesse on March 11, 2014 at 2:54 AM

What “type” of candidate is he?

kcewa on March 11, 2014 at 3:03 AM