Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC

posted at 11:21 am on March 7, 2014 by Allahpundit

Watch it all if you have time — it’s shorter than most CPAC speeches — or skip to around 10:00 for the big, and I mean big, finish. Nearly every media observer who watched it was taken aback by the crowd’s reaction. He’s firing some very, er, hot gas at the end here.

It’s not too late, you know.

“I’m comfortable that we’re leaving [the governor's office] at an appropriate time,” he says. “I still think I’ve got a passion for what I do. I’ve got 11 months left. I’ve got a deal that I’m working on. I got lots of deals that we’re going to be working on.”

Those “deals” Perry refers to are attempts to woo companies to relocate or expand in Texas, a major component of his economic development scheme. As Fred Barnes reported for THE WEEKLY STANDARD last year, Perry’s recovered from his self-admitted “humbling” presidential campaign by running another campaign—this one on selling Texas’s low-taxes, low-regulation, business-friendly regime as a prescription for the nation’s economic ailments. It may also be the basis for a second presidential run in 2016, to which Perry remains open. (“If I decide to be a candidate in the future” is how he discusses it.)

But as governor, his legacy in Texas may be that as a faithful and vigorous steward of the state’s economic health during a period of plenty of uncertainty and turmoil. The Lone Star State weathered the recession better than nearly every other state, and it has one of the country’s lowest unemployment rates. It’s not just the state’s standby energy industry that’s contributing to Texas’s good fortunes; tech companies like Facebook and Dropbox have recently expanded here, too.

I wrote about his 2016 prospects a few weeks ago. No one else in the field, save for Scott Walker, will make his economic record as central to his presidential pitch. That’s a nice advantage to have in a country that’s spent six years sagging. I just don’t know if GOP voters will give him a second chance given the perception two years ago that he wasn’t ready for primetime. I don’t think he has to worry as much next time about being seen as a sellout on immigration reform measures like DREAM; nearly every big name in the party has moved left on that since 2012, and besides, people who want a whipping boy for amnesty will probably have Rubio in the field as an outlet. He’s got to seize whatever opportunities he can over the next year to grab righties’ attention and convince them that he’s a different, more self-assured candidate than they saw last time. Mission accomplished today.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Glasses diplomacy

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 2:18 PM

if we did that the USPS would be broke …. junk mail pays alot of freight.

conservative tarheel on March 7, 2014 at 2:15 P

M
And without it, USPS would need a lot fewer people.

How about just giving me an optional spam blocker on my snailmailbox – like I have for my email?

dentarthurdent on March 7, 2014 at 2:20 PM

if we did that the USPS would be broke …. junk mail pays alot of freight.

conservative tarheel on March 7, 2014 at 2:15 P

Also – the ultimate self-licking ice cream cone.

dentarthurdent on March 7, 2014 at 2:21 PM

if we did that the USPS would be broke …. junk mail pays alot of freight.

conservative tarheel on March 7, 2014 at 2:15 PM

… but… junk mail IS the freight. Who sends anything of value or importance through the USPS anymore?

de rigueur on March 7, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Perry is a proven conservative governor. We would be lucky to have him as our nominee.

Jack_Burton on March 7, 2014 at 2:26 PM

That’s it then. You’ve convinced me. I won’t be voting for the 1988 Rick Perry.

anuts on March 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM

lol, me either.

cptacek on March 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM

a couple of thoughts here IRT Rick Perry.

1. it is way to early to worry about 2016.

2. do not let perfect be the enemy of good.
if I can agree with a candidate on most issues, I believe we can
nudge him on one or two that we do not agree.

conservative tarheel on March 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM

de rigueur on March 7, 2014 at 2:25 PM

actually I still send payments via mail vice online payments.
I also have family members who do not use a computer, so letters/cards
etc …
I also buy stuff and it is delivered via us mail vice fedex or UPS many times.
just saying ….

conservative tarheel on March 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM

His speeches are like a revival ministry. And, as governor of Texas he has less power than most if not all the other states.
Amjean on March 7, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Yeah. Hey, who was the Lt. Gov. for the previous Texas administration?

cptacek on March 7, 2014 at 2:36 PM

de rigueur on March 7, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I do a couple of hundred a week on ebay. More when you add my website.

Priority mail is how I ship. Fast, reliable, reasonable and trackable.

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM

thank you … felt like a dinosaur there …. :D

conservative tarheel on March 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM

cptacek on March 7, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Thinking is hard for some people.

Also, when a governor has held the office in a “weak governor” system long enough to have appointed those in appointed positions, it works around the “weak governor” model.

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 2:41 PM

conservative tarheel on March 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Us dinosaurs have to stick together.

Its a good thing they unsettled the science and decided we ain’t cold blooded.

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 2:46 PM

The “weak governor” moniker is a misnomer. Perry, through his time in office and ability to build up alliances, has been a very powerful governor…and he brings business to the state. In an Obama economy, that is VERY important.

john1schn on March 7, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Priority mail is how I ship. Fast, reliable, reasonable and trackable.

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM

My choice for troop care packages are the pre pay. Gets there every time.

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 2:53 PM

dentarthurdent on March 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM

You are right, there are no perfect candidates.
But some things matter more than others.
Amnesty, something that once done cannot be undone. Something that takes my vote and dilutes it by adding tens of millions of new Democrat voters, enough that I will never be represented in the federal government again. That matters.

I also will not vote for a gun grabbing scumbag. Christie!
I also will not vote for anyone that is squishy on life. Romney!

But the one thing that is paramount in all of this is that we still have the opportunity for our votes to count. That means that beyond life, beyond even a gun grabbing scumbag, our primary vote is to retain our nation as ours.

Perry fails on this measure. He can feel free to have a genuine epiphany on it, or he can count me as a stay home and leave my friends and family there too voter.

astonerii on March 7, 2014 at 2:55 PM

OT Blue Buddha speaking at CPAC now.

jffree1 on March 7, 2014 at 2:55 PM

The appointments he made were the Rick Willimson type to the Transportation Board, then others to the same board and
then Perry, Rudy, the Spanish toll road comanym, Goldman and Sachs
put together the TransTexasCorridor “Huge Pork Highway” from Mexico City to Chicago.

Nothing but a rigged tax, spend, and toll deal, big goverment over reach.

Texans rose up and revolted and shut Perry and his cronies down.

Piggley Wiggley Pork.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I’ve got a feevah, and the only cure is more Rick Perry threads on Hot Gas!

bitsy on March 7, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Get it up!

*snort*

bitsy on March 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Yes dear, Texans rose up and ran him not only out of office, but out of the state.

Bless your heart. You do try.

Have you been introduced to bluegills by chance?

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM

cozmo

Check the data on how many Democrats have been voteing for Perry.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 7, 2014 at 3:30 PM

a couple of thoughts here IRT Rick Perry.

1. it is way to early to worry about 2016.

2. do not let perfect be the enemy of good.
if I can agree with a candidate on most issues, I believe we can
nudge him on one or two that we do not agree.

conservative tarheel on March 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Yes, especially on #2.

RUexperienced on March 7, 2014 at 3:31 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Who (and please be specific) is your perfect candidate?

john1schn on March 7, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Texans rose up and revolted and shut Perry and his cronies down.

Piggley Wiggley Pork.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 7, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Wasn’t he Governor for 12 years?

gophergirl on March 7, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Wasn’t he Governor for 12 years?

gophergirl on March 7, 2014 at 3:41 PM

…and Lt. Governor before that.

john1schn on March 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM

gophergirl on March 7, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Shut yo’ mouth you Perrygirl.

APACHEWHOKNOWSEVERYTHINGINTHEWORLD knows better.

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Get it up!

*snort*

bitsy on March 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM

I wondered about that as well. Maybe he meant GiddyUp!!! ?

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Mike Lee had the best line of the convention so far when he said we should be more focused on engaging converts than discarding heretics.
GOPRanknFile on March 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Why not do both?

Cleombrotus on March 7, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Exactly. Lee is developing troubling signs of piety. This phobic aversion to attacking the Left is the beginning of self-loathing. Not interested.

rrpjr on March 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I wondered about that as well. Maybe he meant GiddyUp!!! ?

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM

No, he was speaking that famous foreign language, Texan. We make Archie Bunker sound like a speech therapist.

john1schn on March 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM

…and Lt. Governor before that.

john1schn on March 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Shut yo’ mouth you Perrygirl.

APACHEWHOKNOWSEVERYTHINGINTHEWORLD knows better.

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM

I know things are slower and more relaxed in the South but man you sure took a long time “running” him out of office :P

gophergirl on March 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM

gophergirl on March 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Everything is longer, slower and bigger in Texas.

Longer drives (big state)
Slower (we are more relaxed)
Bigger (Big state, big hats, big cars, big hair)

All the rest of you, get your minds out of the gutter.

:-)

john1schn on March 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I wondered about that as well. Maybe he meant GiddyUp!!! ?

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM

That’s my interpretation…

cptacek on March 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM

gophergirl on March 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM

What do you expect? APACHEWHOKNOWSEVERYTHINGINTHEWORLD is in charge.

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Bigger (Big state, big hats, big cars, big hair)

All the rest of you, get your minds out of the gutter.

:-)

john1schn on March 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM

You know what they say about big feet don’t you?
Big socks

gophergirl on March 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM

john1schn on March 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Oh. Well I’m familiar with that. My Mother sent me to a speech therapist as a child because of it. Seems I had my Fathers speech patterns.

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Oh, by the way, GET OFF MY FREAKING BACK AND LEAVE ME ALONE

Privatize It on March 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I’ve always thought someone should start a “none of your business” movement.

crankyoldlady on March 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Uh, Governor Perry, with all due respect, do us all a big favor and for running for POTUS, will ya? You’ve been a good Governor there in Texas–let’s leave it at that, okay? We all remember the “Three agencies you’d eliminate” (but couldn’t remember them). You’re a good man, Gov. Perry, and you stand for all the right things–but you have to be quick on your feet in a debate. You don’t stand a chance if you run. Call it a political career after your Governorship is over–please??

Bob Davis on March 7, 2014 at 5:14 PM

He looks a lot like Garth from Wayne’s World.

trs on March 7, 2014 at 5:47 PM

trs on March 7, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Lolz! ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 6:27 PM

hrh40 on March 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Judging by some of the posts on this thread, my answer would be No.

Brock Robamney on March 7, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I wish cons would get off the whole ‘oops” moment. Who gives a crap? He is suddenly not qualified to run because of that moment? Forget the liberal media, conservatives always eat their own.

Jack_Burton on March 7, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Love it.

Jaibones on March 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Jack_Burton on March 7, 2014 at 7:08 PM

What happens when he has the next senior moment…and the next one…and so on?

What the hey–he has a few years to convince me that he’s not dumb as a post. I haven’t ruled him out, but it would take a lot of convincing.

ElectricPhase on March 7, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Is it the google glasses?

Sherman1864 on March 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Good speech by Gov. Perry.

Thanks for posting it AP.

Hope he runs again in 2016.

God Bless Texas.

workingclass artist on March 7, 2014 at 8:45 PM

What do you expect? APACHEWHOKNOWSEVERYTHINGINTHEWORLD is in charge.

cozmo on March 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM

*snicker*

workingclass artist on March 7, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Is it the google glasses?

Sherman1864 on March 7, 2014 at 7:44 PM

They certainly do more for Perry than do Hillary Clinton’s.

What is most admirable about Rick Perry is that he hearkens to the fundamental understanding that the states are the laboratories for governance, not the central command of the federal entity. A conviction about the limits constitutionally of the federal government and the importance of the Tenth Amendment undergirds the Perry philosophy. The power comes from the people, not the government.

I hope that the influx of tech giants into Texas does not destroy the wonderfulness of liberty and self-reliance that mark the attitudes of native Texans and those who emigrate to the state sharing those same American values.

onlineanalyst on March 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM

When he denounces those past positions credibly, he has a chance to earn my vote. Until then he can count my vote held.

astonerii on March 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM

It won’t make any difference what he does to repudiate those “positions”. You aren’t going to support or vote for him under any circumstances…so stop being such a hypocrite about it.
Just see if you can find a Conservative to support; and go for it.

Solaratov on March 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM

is it just me or did he look a bit buffoonish at the end…like some sort of maniacal preacher

nonpartisan on March 7, 2014 at 9:51 PM

nonpartisan on March 7, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Yes, it’s just you.

Texas Zombie on March 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM

I was in the room for Rick Perry and Rand Paul today. Both were very well received. But Rick Perry brought the house down in a way that Rand did not. It was something else. Seeing the video you get a little flavor for it, but nothing in comparison to having been in the room.

Texas Zombie on March 7, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Texas Zombie,

That’s good to know. Thanks!

Jack_Burton on March 8, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Texas Zombie on March 7, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Thanks Zombie.

What I like most about Perry is his unabashed personality. He loves Texas and he loves America, and apologizes to no one for his obvious nature. We need more people like him.

I remember the ridicule in the newspapers as Perry went from California to New York to openly campaign for Texas. Through the scorn, Perry seemed to be a happy, confident man. He is a fine spokesman for Texas, and it does my heart good to hear he liberated a few companies from the heels of overbearing state governments.

itsspideyman on March 8, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Might be true for the electorate at large, but all I see in my mind when he walks up is a thirty-foot ladder. And the other big names moving left just means fewer people voting for whoever lies their way into the nomination.

Axe on March 8, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Texas Zombie on March 7, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Thanks Zombie.

itsspideyman on March 8, 2014 at 4:45 AM

So the guy filling in for Mark Levin yesterday told a story about running into Rick Perry’s folks at a steakhouse, Perini Ranch in Abilene before Perry ran in the last race. He said they were great people.

The thing this guy remembers most…How proud Perry’s Dad was of his son.

Perry’s Dad is a cotton farmer & rancher and he said that watching his son ride a horse was a thing of beauty…old school texan.

Gov. Perry is a native son of the soil and we don’t see enough of that anymore in this country.

workingclass artist on March 8, 2014 at 6:51 AM

onlineanalyst on March 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Same here.

workingclass artist on March 8, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Perry’s dad , life long Democrat County Commish in his county.

Lets think, Reagan for Pres. where was Perry on that?

1988 still a Democrat and working to get Al Gore elected.

Only reason Rick went Republican was to stay on the gravey train and he knew he could not get elected a Democrat as we conservatives in Texas kicked the Democrats ass out of town.

It is all there, the true Perry and what he and Rudy were up to.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 8, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Life long Democrat County Commish.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 8, 2014 at 7:59 AM

cosmo,

Try attacking the facts not the poster, its very much like a Democrat operative way of changeing the subject.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 8, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has made no secret he is contemplating the possibility of running for President in 2016. But though the Republican Party often nominates candidates who have run before that strategy is rarely successful.

In an interview with CNN’s “The Lead with Jake Tapper,” Perry said he learned a lot from his 2012 campaign experience when he exited the primaries early on.

“I won’t have major back surgery six weeks before the announcement,” says Perry, of the next possible run for the White House.

When he announced his presidential bid in August 2011, Perry said he felt invincible, telling himself: “I’m 61 years old, I’m bulletproof, I’m 10-feet tall, I can do anything.”

But 2012 was “a very humbling experience.”

“Anyone who watched that campaign knows it was a very humbling time for me. But that’s not necessarily bad. I judge people on how do you react after a failure? How do you pick yourself up and go forward?

“And certainly it’s part of what drives me to finish up my 11 months as governor of Texas on some high notes economically for our state, which we’re doing, and it is an option for me. And it’s one that sometime in 2015 I’ll make the decision whether or not that is the avenue I want to pursue,” said Perry.

Will ‘Bridgegate’ affect Gov. Chris Christie?

Perry has a slight edge over potential 2016 rival New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in a new poll. The Washington Post/ABC News poll found that more Republicans view Christie negatively – 30% would “definitely not” vote for Christie, versus Perry’s 21%.

The two governors had similar favorable poll numbers.

“We all set a tone,” said Perry. “We all represent our state. And I think Chris represents his state, and frankly represents his state well. The issues of this bridge and whether he knew or not, I trust that he is telling us the truth,” said Perry.

Christie’s administration has been roiled by a political scandal involving traffic jams around the George Washington Bridge.

Can Hillary 2016 be beat?

Whether or not Perry is the GOP nominee, he will be doing everything he can to defeat the Democrat, who may very well be former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The Democratic Party is united around her, while the Republican field is all over the map with no real frontrunner.

Can Hillary Clinton be defeated?

“That is so far down the road,” said Perry.

“I’m not being coy. I mean, it’s a fact. There are all types of stories, all types of things, all types of events that are going to occur between now and November … that completely change the landscape for 2016,” said Perry.

“My focus, and I hope most Republican and Republican governors in particular, will stay focused on 2014. We get that right, then the script for 2016 may substantially look different,” said the Texas governor.

A diplomatic tool against Russia, in Texas?

The United States on Thursday expanded a visa ban and set the groundwork for sanctions against Russians and others over the crisis in Ukraine, while Europe also threatened similar action if the matter cannot be resolved diplomatically.

“Sanctions work,” Perry said.

But Perry expressed doubt that the White House had the wherewithal to effectively punish Russia, echoing fellow Republican Sen. John McCain in calling the Obama administration’s foreign policy “feckless.”

“When you look at Syria, when you look at Egypt – all of those have been extremely muddled in their application. I hope that that’s not what we’re going to do here,” Perry said.

One diplomatic tool Perry suggests the U.S. could deploy is liquid natural gas – which just happens to be big in the state of Texas.

“We need to, I think, flex our muscle,” said Perry. “That sends the message to Russia, and sends the message to our friends in the European Union that we’ll be willing to negotiate to help relieve the pressure from the Russians on the natural gas side.”

The United States has about $40 billion a year in trade with Russia and Europe does about ten times as much business. The United States needs European involvement for the sanctions to really hurt, but there seems to be great reluctance, especially on the part of American allies in Britain and Germany, both dependent on Russian energy.

Video of interview at CNN.

workingclass artist on March 8, 2014 at 8:16 AM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 8, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion.

TTC is a dead issue.

Get over it.

workingclass artist on March 8, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Governor “Good hair?” Oops.

limecat on March 8, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Perry would have made the best President out of the 2012 field, and the same will be true in 2016.

I hope he is a better candidate this time.
But he already has my vote.

DRayRaven on March 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM

It’s all well and good that these guys go to CPAC and get them up on the feet cheering, but what happens when they go out to the general population? They turn into milquetoasts!

If they want to win, they have to bring the fight to the Dems.

PattyJ on March 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM

While I would like to have that “perfect” candidate, that does not exist. There are, however, some issue that are make or break. One of those is amnesty for illegal aliens. There are issues where we can not afford to budge on.

Quartermaster on March 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Let’s not forget Reagan was a Democrat and a union official.

We all start at different places; it’s where we finish the journey that matters.

itsspideyman on March 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Sorry. No more Neostatist Bushies

Brock Robamney on March 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM

itsspideyman on March 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM

He was also a conservative. Something that is in short supply for Congress and for Presidential Candidates

Brock Robamney on March 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Brock Robamney on March 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM

If I’m not mistaken, the Bushs are not big fans of Gov. Perry.

Cindy Munford on March 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Take real problems such as lack of water supplies here in Texas.

Question is why. Gov. Perry says publicly it is the EPA and the Fed’s who stop the building of lakes for water supply.

Others on Regional Water Commissions say, “Looks like the lobbiest and the big money powerfull water district supply corporations want the lakes to be built to be “private equity” owned lakes.
These “Goldman Sachs” for profit Wall Street deals will own and control the water and sell it to the large water dist. who in turn will sell it to us little citizens.

The goal is to do a Trans Texas Corridor deal with the water supply.

No longer will the lakes and water supplies be owned by cities or county local goverments.

They want it to be owned by the elite.

Who appointed the people on the water dist. boards of Directoros, who appointed the people on the water study commissions.

Rick Perry.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 8, 2014 at 1:32 PM

As of now they are dragging their feet until it is a emergancy, water on ration, then hit this deal and say its is the only way.

Same thing they by not building enough roads to take care of growth on the highways.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 8, 2014 at 1:34 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 8, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Probably because it is the EPA and the Feds who don’t allow reservoirs to be built. You would be amazed at the volume of federal eir”s that are required for projects like that.

NOMOBO on March 8, 2014 at 1:51 PM

NOMOBO,

So, Perry can not find a way around the EPA, all powerful and 10th amendment and bad ass big talk Rick, afraid of little old EPA.

So, Perry is leaving it to the local city or town to take on the EPA by themselves as he struts around telling every one how bad ass he is and how he stands up to Obama and the EPA…??

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 8, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Like this,,,

The 28 states with Republican in charge of the Senates and Houses and Gov.’s in those states.

A leader of the Republican Gov. association says,

“Lets all start building big lakes on the same day and do so in spite of any Federal Court orders.”

Could or would the U.S. Goverment even under Obama send the Army to arrest the dozer drivers?

What we need is real leaders willing to take on these commie thugs and when the come jack their commie jaws real hard.

The EPA is a total fraud and we all know it.

Perry is just another go along to get along.

The Federal Goverment will keep its boot on our necks until we die or fight.

Fight together, or freedom goes away.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 8, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Apache, I feel for ya’. But you really need to get a handle on reality.

NOMOBO on March 8, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Drudge just put a poll for 2016 up, So far, Rand Paul and Rick Perry each have 1 vote.

lonestar1 on March 8, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Let’s not forget Reagan was a Democrat and a union official.

itsspideyman on March 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM

There’s an old saying that converts make the best Catholics – they have stronger convictions.

monalisa on March 8, 2014 at 2:43 PM

A conservative Governor from the West who didn’t do well in his first national campaign?

Stop me if you’ve heard this before…

darkpixel on March 9, 2014 at 5:59 PM