Video: Standing ovation for Christie at CPAC

posted at 2:41 pm on March 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

Actually, although I have video of his speech, I don’t have video of the reception he got. You’ll have to trust David Freddoso and Eliana Johnson on that:

The crowd gathered at the Conservative Political Action Conference rose to its feet as Chris Christie exited stage left…

Christie’s remarks were highly anticipated, not only because of the lingering scandal but also because CPAC brass dinged him last year by leaving him off of the guest list. Today, the governor was greeted with murmurs and some quiet cheers; he drew more excitement from the audience as he proceeded…

Christie returned to a familiar theme, contrasting the labor of the GOP’s governors with the fecklessness of politicians in Washington. “The most dangerous ten feet in Washington, D.C., is between anybody who wants to talk about something and a camera,” he said.

Criticizing other pols for playing to the media is an … interesting line of attack from a guy who got famous for yelling at people in YouTube clips, but oh well. He does sound like a candidate: “We don’t get to govern if we don’t win,” a key line from today’s speech, is one I’ve heard him use before as an allusion to his alleged electability advantage over the rest of the field. Emphasis on “alleged”:

As conservatives gather in the Washington area on Thursday for three days of speeches from prospective 2016 presidential candidates and discussions about the future of the GOP, a new Washington Post-ABC News poll found that three in 10 of all Republicans say they would not vote for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie if he ran for the White House…

Just 9 percent of Republicans say they definitely would vote for Christie, while 50 percent say they would consider doing so. Eleven percent say they have no opinion.

The 30 percent of Republicans who say they definitely would not vote for Christie is the highest percentage for any Republican tested.

Here’s what the overall numbers look for Christie, the consummately electable centrist with crossover appeal…

cchw

…and here’s what they look like for Rand Paul, the supposedly unelectable far-right libertarian:

rpw

If that doesn’t grab you, here’s what Christie’s numbers look like in Fox News’s new poll. Note the partisan split, especially:

cchf

Of the seven candidates mentioned in Fox’s poll — Hillary, Biden, Paul, Cruz, Rubio, Jeb Bush, and Christie — only Christie had negative numbers in all three partisan groups, including his own. Among tea partiers, he’s at 35/47, behind even Bush (42/46), which means he’s actually doing slightly better with TPers than with the rest of the GOP. The only good news for him in all of this is that, per the WaPo data noted above, there’s an even greater number of Americans (48 percent) who say they definitely wouldn’t vote for his centrist rival Bush than say the same for Christie. Go figure that, in the electability sweepstakes, the guy named “Bush” has the biggest hill to climb.

Here’s two minutes from today’s speech, which included a reminder that the blue state of New Jersey has twice elected a pro-life governor. Translation: Reports of my squishiness are greatly exaggerated.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I hope so. He has been correct the last three times.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:38 PM

We need a candidate who will excite conservatives.

I don’t want a pro-amnesty, establishment type like Walker or Christie.

I really hope Cruz runs.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 3:40 PM

t was a TERRIBLE speech.. ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME. He’s more self-absorbed than the baasturd in the white house.

stenwin77 on March 6, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Video: Standing ovation for Christie at CPAC

It’s too bad we couldn’t have gotten Christie’s buddy, the very liberal Democrat NY Gov Andrew Cuomo to speak as well.

“I’m not much different from Andrew Cuomo. I probably agree with him on 98% of the issues.”
– Chris Christie, Feb 2013

RJL on March 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I see there are still some gullible people who thinks that because Rubio “gives good speeches” he’s worth listening to. He’s no conservative and I wouldn’t believe a word the he says. You could change “gives good speeches” to “is a very, very practiced and accomplished liar”. From a Floridian who knows.

memyselfni on March 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Thug in chief

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I would hope that those wanting to fight for the Presidency is out on Main Street circulating their message…colleges, churches, inner cities…they can’t use the same old same old and expect a different result.

CoffeeLover on March 6, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Well said — but runs at POTUS are marathons – you pace yourself. This is a long and tedious process – missteps can end it – so most will bide their time and their temperament.

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 3:43 PM

stenwin77 on March 6, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Not unlike his speech at the 2012 GOP convention?

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 3:43 PM

You can’t spell “crap sandwich” without CPAC.

steebo77 on March 6, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I really hope Cruz runs.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 3:40 PM

For 2016 – I suspect Cruz will not run.

Too early – I don’t think he can raise the money he needs – and I know he cannot get the machine behind his.

Conservative gress roots alone won’t get it done. He knows that.

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Time for today’s 2 minutes of hate, I see. Well, 2 minutes is a figure of speech.

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Your thoughts on Mary Katharine being named blogger of the year gilled one?

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Is Palin giving the keynote again? They have her scheduled at 6pm on Saturday.

fight like a girl on March 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Is Palin giving the keynote again? They have her scheduled at 6pm on Saturday.

fight like a girl on March 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM

She is

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I really hope Cruz runs.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 3:40 PM

So do I. Far and fast and all the way back to Canada where he was born.

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I would be happy with him in place of Reid as well.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Far and fast and all the way back to Canada where he was born.

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Nurse!! – he back in the computer room !!!

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Cristy is … well and adequate speaker and maybe a good debater.
But in the back of my mind he’s still a Gun Grabbing Scheistkoff.

If he’d walked on stage with that frontstuffer that McConnell waved around (see picture) and layed it across the podium and spoke of liberty and how the government must be redirected from its present course, I might give him a longer look. But Jersey is not the birth place nor training ground for presidential material. Not in these times at least.

Missilengr on March 6, 2014 at 3:50 PM

So do I. Far and fast and all the way back to Canada where he was born.

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Funny you should mention that. At lunch that topic came up as well. My friends take was that the Democrats are not able to go after Cruz on that.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:51 PM

“We don’t get to govern if we don’t win.”

And once won, it doesn’t matter if you govern like a progressive.

– Chris Christie, Feb 2013

RJL on March 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM

A year+ ago.
I don’t remember him stating any change in his political compass.

Mimzey on March 6, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I would be happy with him in place of Reid as well.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I second that – Cruz as Senate Leader – WOW – now we’re talking

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:51 PM

I don’t see why not. But more significantly, will the Right be consistent?

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Your thoughts on Mary Katharine being named blogger of the year gilled one?
Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM

To be perfectly honest, I don’t see it. There are better bloggers out there, and sometimes it feels like this blog isn’t a top priority of hers. Sounds like it was a name recognition thing, since she is on O’Reilly often. Would like to see a blogger at this site who will live up to Malkin’s legacy and show the same kind of passion and dedication.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Excused me, but after such miserable moderate 2008 and 2012 performances, How did the likes CC and Carly Fiorina get leadership positions at the RGA and ACU Foundation???

phreshone on March 6, 2014 at 3:24 PM

The American Conservative Union is conservative in name only. It’s current Chairman Al Cardenas is a long-time lobbyist who is very strongly pro-amnesty. It’s past chairman, David Keene, is a very corrupt individual (remember the influence selling scandal involving Fed Ex and Keene’s ex-wife [a paid ACU staffer] was accused of embezzling ACU funds?)

bw222 on March 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I don’t see why not. But more significantly, will the Right be consistent?

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Glad you could join us. Your meeting with President Romney must have ended early?

bw222 on March 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Apparently his (my friends) explanation was that when the Hillary team used it against 0 it didn’t stick. Nor will it stick with Cruz. Besides Cruz is Constitutional able according to even folks that are against him.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM

So do I. Far and fast and all the way back to Canada where he was born.
MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM

If Cruz gets the nomination, I’m sure you’ll happily vote for him in the general. Liberal Republicans are always telling conservatives to get onboard with the team when their preferred candidate loses in the primary, so I’m sure you’ll take the same advice.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM

I don’t know the circumstances well. Just that I thought he was born in Canada and that his parents are/were American citizens. What does his BC say?

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:57 PM

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Its no secret my affection for Mary Katharine. Its well documented here. My first thought frankly was, “Where else is she blogging?” Do you like Dustins work?

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I think it could be a powerful situation for us. Folks can say what they will about Cruz, he is brilliant well spoken and sharp as a tack.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:59 PM

My first thought frankly was, “Where else is she blogging?”

Mine too. Wondered if I was missing something. Just being perfectly honest here.

Do you like Dustins work?
Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Not that familiar, but he seems like a solid blogger. I will have to read more of his posts. I like it when this site brings in new people.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:00 PM

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:57 PM

To my knowledge without checking the latest status, (renouncing dual citizenship), he is as American US tender as they make em.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM

FWIW, here is what PolitiFact sez:

Cruz — full name: Rafael Edward Cruz –was born in Canada in 1970 because his father was working for the oil industry there. The senator’s recently released birth certificate shows his mother was born in Delaware and his father was born in Cuba. The Cruz family left Canada a few years later. Cruz grew up in Texas and graduated from high school there, later attending Princeton University and Harvard Law School.

By virtue of his American-born mother, Cruz, 42, considers himself a natural born citizen and eligible to run for president.

Sounds like a dubious case to make for those sticklers at H/A who went so far as to question McCain’s status, for example.

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

fight like a girl on March 6, 2014 at 3:28 PM

WATCH Ted Cruz Keynote at #CPAC2014

WATCH Mike Lee’s fantastic speech at #CPAC2014

Although not barn burners, both were pretty good speeches.

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:57 PM

It always looks cheap and desperate when people try to hurt Cruz’s reputation by calling him Canadian. It’s the kind of thing you’d see on MSNBC, but it won’t work.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Why won’t it work? He was born in Canada, right?

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM

This guy got an ovation this morning because he had a
40 foot long table wheeled in with danishes on it..

the folks were on a Sugar high, they didn’t care who was
speaking…

ToddPA on March 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Best posting of the day!!!

As far as the standing ovation, probably most of them will receive
that. Conservatives are so frustrated, they are looking for red
meat and will cheer anyone who wants to throw out the dems.

Amjean on March 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM

“We don’t get to govern if we don’t win.”

Correct.

So let’s stop nominating piece of shit RINO candidates who invariably lose in the general election.

Midas on March 6, 2014 at 4:07 PM

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

That concurs with my understanding of his situation as well. Yes. I was one of those who was smeared by being called a birther for questioning the Constitutionality. To this day I still have reservations over the phrasing, “parents”, indicating both must be. Precedence seems to suguest one not both. That is where I am with it after hearing the various argument pro and con.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM

sugguest

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Why won’t it work? He was born in Canada, right?
MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I hate to burst your bubble, but no one cares. He’s constitutionally eligible, and it just seems petty when people bring up Canada in the kind of snide way you have. But if that’s all you and the MSNBC anchors got, continue with the birtherism concern trolling.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Once again a certain someone is only repeating one side of a story.

Exclusive — Gov. Scott Walker: I Don’t Support Amnesty

And neglecting to mention that he cut funding for the Dream Act from his state’s budget.

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:59 PM

No doubt – the one thing everyone fears about Ted Cruz – is having to debate him.

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 4:09 PM

All I need to remember about Krispy is his beach date with boyfriend Obama. He is dead to me. Next candidate.

captnjoe on March 6, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Cruz is fascinating to watch and brilliant in debates. Fantastic communicator and someone I would enthusiastically support and volunteer for.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM

So Ted Cruz, a politician actually liked by HotAir commenters, gives a rousing, red meat speech and is completely ingnored, but two men who do not like conservatives yet need their votes make tacky overtures to conservatives and they get plenty of gee-whiz coverage?

WTF happened to this place? (yeah I know MM sold it) – I thought the Christie obsession was just for click bait, but when you’re highlighting him over Cruz at CPAC, then the joke is no longer a joke. AP, you’re the only reason I still viist HA, surely you have something to say about Cruz????

King B on March 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Why won’t it work? He was born in Canada, right?

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM

“Work” to what? What is the context and purpose?

Mimzey on March 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM
bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM

FWIW, I am not making the case that he is ineligible. I think that he is.

I am pointing out that many on the right who said McCain and Obama were not would be inconsistent to say that Cruz is.

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Just think of the popcorn sold for a Cruz Hillary debate. Lolz! Good times for all!!! ; )

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Mimzey on March 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I’m certain that my remark would make sense to you if you would read what I responded to.

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:13 PM

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Can’t speak for the gilled one, but I read you correctly.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 4:14 PM

King B on March 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I am just thankful we still have Flora. ; )

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 4:14 PM

concern trolling.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM

<Exclusive — Gov. Scott Walker: I Don’t Support Amnesty

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:09 PM>

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Scott Walker is for illegal alien amnesty

VIDEO – Scott Walker says “Sure!” to illegal alien amnesty. Skip to last seconds of video:

Yes, just like Obama and McCain and Rubio, Walker claims he is against “amnesty” while advocating for special pathway to legalization.

VIDEO: Also, look at the end of the video posted here (Walker’s own words):

The controversy is about mass illegal alien amnesty, which Walker supports. Walker’s support for an increase in H-1B visas, something that is widely supported, is not the issue here. Issues of specialized, legal foreign workers and border security should not be linked to illegal alien amnesty. I wish people would stop allowing the amnesty issue to be obscured and hidden through the use of positive-sounding, vague terms like “immigration reform.”

NO SPECIAL PATHWAY TO CITIZENSHIP OR ANY LEGALIZATION FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS, PERIOD. ENFORCE THE LAW.

I will never support a pro-amnesty politician like Walker or Christie. The issue is way too important.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM

TED CRUZ 2016!

AUDIO: MARK LEVIN explains that Ted Cruz is a natural born citizen …

Texas Republican Sen. Cruz eligible to be president should he decide to run

Pork-Chop on March 6, 2014 at 4:16 PM

King B on March 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Good question.

Most of the bloggers here are now open to amnesty and more aligned with the establishment. This place isn’t what it was when Bryan Preston and Michelle Malkin were involved, sadly. I hope we see a change here, since I still feel attached to this place after reading since day one.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:13 PM

That helps.
“work” means to smear or deflect from his positive qualities. A tactic that is being attempted now at Issa. Juvenile tactics by those who use it. What do you think of its use against Issa..are there enough Pavlovians drooling enough and barking enough on command to put on a show?

Mimzey on March 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM

ENFORCE THE LAW.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM

So then you’re suggesting that he add funding for the DreamAct back to his budget? After all, Obama made it a law.

I don’t really give a flip who or what you support, but if you’re going to make an accusation against someone, shouldn’t you also give their side of the story.

Of is your “interest in fairness”, only reserved for frank?

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Last I heard Christie is actually for “fighting climate change.” That right there makes him a dunce. Unless of course he’s wised up since then.

otlset on March 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Who’s “we” exactly, Chris? Conservatives? Blue Blood East Coast Elites?

Does anyone want to re-empower the current egotistical elitist GOP Establishment?

Another Libertarian on March 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM

CPAC – conservatives that have gone over to the dark side.

rickv404 on March 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM

King B on March 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Googling “Salem Communications CEO hosting Mitch McConnell fundraiser” might help explain it.

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM

otlset on March 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM

He’s also pro gun control. And he supported building the Mosque near the WTC site.

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Mimzey on March 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I like Issa, but I think that he made a mistake. Sure, he was within his prerogative to shut down the hearing the way he did. However, it gave the other side something to complain about, thus deflecting from the issue at stake.

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Three strikes, he’s out!

otlset on March 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Of is your “interest in fairness”, only reserved for frank?

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:27 PM

…problem is……..that won’t leave a mark!……..it could be a one foot poop stain…and she won’t see it!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Are we sure the tea party is weaker?

Republicans are about to take back the senate on the back of a tea party like surge in 2014.

bossmanham on March 6, 2014 at 4:41 PM

“We don’t get to govern if we don’t win”.

So, what exactly is Christie saying here? Is he suggesting that we should ignore the Establishment GOP’s big pander on amnesty? Because, I kind of think he is. When he signed off on allowing so-called “Dreamers” in-state tuition, what was different between him and any Democrat he ever ran against?

I’m all for Republicans getting in there and putting their plan forward… but just what IS the plan? If it’s amnesty, there’s no point in electing them, because it’s an end to any hope of bringing back limited government, responsible spending, and any semblance of an organic marketplace.

Murf76 on March 6, 2014 at 4:41 PM

oops wrong post.

bossmanham on March 6, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Cardenas stacked the audience with RINOs. There were many speeches that were way better than Christie’s, but he got the biggest ovation.

Wigglesworth on March 6, 2014 at 4:45 PM

i’m staying home if this fat pig runs.

renalin on March 6, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Chris Christie exited stage left

I see why he got an ovation now.

faraway on March 6, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I see the media is busily selecting our candidate again.

Romney’s team scratched Christie off of the VP short list almost immediately. Wonder why?

NativeTexan on March 6, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Of is your “interest in fairness”, only reserved for frank?
Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 4:27 PM

VIDEO: see Walker’s comments at the end of the clip posted here – http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/scott-walker-supports-path-to-citizenship-87960.html

There is nothing ambiguous about his statement.

Walker’s Wisconsin Dream Act defunding for show is well and good, but it doesn’t negate Walker’s stand on the big amnesty question that matters the most; i.e., Walker’s support for mass illegal alien amnesty.

Are we supposed to ignore the fact that, repeatedly and in the last year, Walker has expressed support for a special pathway to legalization for illegal aliens? I’m not sure why you seem so intent on making excuses for him on this issue.

Will you be satisfied if Walker, as McCain did, laughably promises to “build the danged fence”?

Walker had already said he strongly supports über amnesty promoter Paul Ryan, as well as Jeb, and that both would be potential candidates he could see himself supporting for the nomination.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM

At 3:20 he wants us to stop talking about what we’re against.

IOW, shut up, sit down, and stop fighting.

President Romney tried this.

faraway on March 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM

And we sure don’t want Chris “Fat Boy RINO” Christie governing this country. It is time to get a REAL Republican in the White House since we haven’t had one since 1989.

RZuendt on March 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Dana Perino says the standing “o” was simply a reaction to all the liberal press piling on…

d1carter on March 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Cruz is the only one who is against amnesty, but he is currently unelectable. Easiest thing to do, is get Christie elected, then use the conservatives in the House and Senate to stop amnesty from passing.

cimbri on March 6, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Stupid RINO memes Part 126,456,333

Actually, I don’t see any videos of standing ovations for Christie.

faraway on March 6, 2014 at 5:20 PM

So, follow another loser the third time is not a charm just a fat ass loud mouth over rated ego with zits still at his age.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

No offense, but some you sure have a simplistic take on politics.

cimbri on March 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM

OK, Thie liberal Justice Dept. lawyer for the Bush family who is big buddies with the U.S. atty John Ratcliff who put Ramos and Copean in jail for doing their jobs, this amnesty shill, this pork for roads and bridges New Jersey thug, this member of the CO2 Climate Change fraud of Michael Mann’s cult of nuts of the Earth First, Greenpeace loons, this guy who can not control his personal impulse to eat to much, this guy who thinks leadership is yelling at middle aged women teachers, and wrap it up with the fact he is pure RINO bait.

That shallow enough for you???

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 6, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Too, any one who belives the Climate Change Hocky Stick fraud is way past just simplistic so take your complaint to your Fat Fraud Christie who gets lots of Democrat party votes to get elected.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 6, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I guess the bigger question to ask is, why should they expect us to support their Neostatists when they turned their back on Cucinelli? Kind of puts it all in perspective doesn’t it?

Brock Robamney on March 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Is Palin giving the keynote again? They have her scheduled at 6pm on Saturday.

fight like a girl on March 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM

She is

jake-the-goose on March 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Palin: Did you hear about the people losing health insurance because of Obamacare? I told you so, in 2009.

Did you hear that we should be exporting natural gas?
I told you so, in 2010.

Did you hear that Russia invaded Ukraine?
I told you so, in 2008.

Maybe we should listen to her now!

Steve Z on March 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Juan Williams likes Chris Christie. Kiss of death.

Naturally Curly on March 6, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Christie+”Bridgegate”= Hilary wins Presidency.
If Christie wants the GOP to win elections then he ought to step aside and not run for President (for the good of the party!)

searcher on March 6, 2014 at 6:54 PM

MJBrutus on March 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM

How long did it take to write this. Bout two minutes?

The best part of the Romney administration is that he won’t have to bow and scrape to the demands of the kooks who have glommed on to the GOP. Every so often in politics coalitions change and adjust. This is one of those inflection points where the GOP will finally be able to rid itself of the devils known as the religious right. Reagan was the first to truly dine with them, and he was wise enough to use a long spoon. The lesser men who weren’t have allowed the party to be painted with their brush.

MJBrutus on March 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM

hawkdriver on March 6, 2014 at 7:03 PM

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Well said.

hawkdriver on March 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM

hawkdriver on March 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Not sure about you hawk, but these threads are hard to get though as of late. Not sure, but it may be partially the jumping java issue the site is experiencing. At any rate staying current at least for me is proving difficult. ; )

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 7:14 PM

What did pagliacci in with the right wasn’t the traffic or Sandy, it was how he perpetually went to the MSM to make his case, and when they rebuffed him, he was hurt. Boo-Hoo.

budfox on March 6, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Christie+”Bridgegate”= Hilary wins Presidency.
searcher on March 6, 2014 at 6:54 PM

But he is severely conservative or something!

Brock Robamney on March 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM

No offense, but some you sure have a simplistic take on politics.

cimbri on March 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM

No offense, but Presidents McCain and Romney agree with you ……

Garym on March 6, 2014 at 7:40 PM

He’ll stab us in the back in a second… Oh and nice pop up ad as I’m typing this comment. Full page redirect for 30 seconds? I hate you Townhall…

Kaptain Amerika on March 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM

No offense, but some you sure have a simplistic take on politics.
cimbri on March 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM

What is some you sure?

Brock Robamney on March 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM

It doesn’t work like that. They will go all Anti Cucinelli mode, take their ball and go home

Brock Robamney on March 6, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Pork-Chop on March 6, 2014 at 4:16 PM

It’s a shame we have to even bring up this point to appease the Birthers

Brock Robamney on March 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Did you hear that we should be exporting natural gas?
I told you so, in 2010.

Did you hear that Russia invaded Ukraine?
I told you so, in 2008.

Maybe we should listen to her now!

Steve Z on March 6, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Indeed.
The biggest problem in 2008 was they had the ticket backwards — well, and it had McCain on it. Okay, two problems.
Palin / Cruz or Cruz / Palin?

AesopFan on March 6, 2014 at 8:40 PM