Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year

posted at 7:41 pm on March 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

I knew her back in the day when she was a Townhall staffer cranking out “HamNation” videos. Just look at her now: Fox News contributor, guest host on “The View,” and blogger of the year at conservative America’s biggest powwow. Somewhere Bill O’Reilly’s watching this and thinking, “Maybe you can succeed with weed.”

This is, by the way, the second time an HA staffer’s won the award. Ed won it a few years ago. Mary Katharine won it today. Eventually Erika will win it. And then…

…and then we’ll have three. Heheh.

Congrats to the Hammer on the well-deserved recognition. And yes, in case Bill O is reading this, she did indeed celebrate this afternoon by trying to corrupt America’s youth.

Update (Ed): I want to add my own congratulations to my friend and colleague Mary Katharine. She’s living proof that good things happen to good people, but more importantly, good people don’t wait for things to happen — they make good things happen. By the way, our Townhall colleague Katie Pavlich won this a couple of years ago, too. When I use the term “Salem All-Stars,” Katie, Mary Katharine, and Guy Benson are at the forefront. I couldn’t be prouder.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Congrats!

NativeTexan on March 6, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Let me add my congratulations for your excellent work. I’ve been consistently impressed by your insight and enthusiasm for a long time now. New media rocks!

barnacle bill on March 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Meet the piss on a parade queen.

You really are pathetic.

wolly4321 on March 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Nice going, and well deserved!

onesheep on March 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Congratulations MKH!

ORrighty on March 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I’m still not sure why Allahpundit hasn’t won yet. I mean, him wearing the Chewbaca costume (which still fits, he reminds us) to accept the award would be awesome!

SouthernGent on March 6, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Dude needs some kind of award.

Day after day, he pulls it out here. Great writng.

I hope he reads the threads enough to get some idea how much we enjoy.

wolly4321 on March 6, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Hey, Allahpundit, I don’t know if you’re reading these comments or not, but I’m curious if there is seriously any chance you would ever consider de-anonymizing yourself.

Shump on March 6, 2014 at 9:07 PM

It’ll never happen. If he did, the whole world would know that he’s actually Robert Downey Jr.

WhatSlushfund on March 6, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Just so you know, MK, I’d be honored to burn one with you…

JohnGalt23 on March 6, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Congratulations, Mary Katharine! Woo Hoo!

ncinca on March 6, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Congrats, MKH!!! :-)

Hawkins1701 on March 6, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Way to go!

Drained Brain on March 6, 2014 at 10:48 PM

2014 CPAC blogger of the year

Congrats, MKH. You are a pretty good blogger.

As CPAC moves a little bit to the Left on social issues, they chose someone who represents their perspective well.

Someone who’s moving a little bit to the Left on social issues.

No slam here–like I said, you are a pretty good blogger.
You’re an ally almost all of the time.

itsnotaboutme on March 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM

“I so don’t deserve this” — true words

AP, one hundred-fold over her. Katie Pavlich is the talent to watch.

Blogger of the year is not given for appearances on O’Reilly, or shouldn’t anyway.

MKH is talented but hasn’t done much of value, lately. As she said, she’s otherwise busy.

This award should have been bestowed on someone who worked 120% for it, this past year.

Alas…

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Congratulations!

Ted Torgerson on March 6, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Still not sure why Allahpundit hasn’t won yet. I mean, him wearing the Chewbaca costume (which still fits, he reminds us) to accept the award would be awesome! SouthernGent on March 6, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Dude needs some kind of award.

Day after day, he pulls it out here. Great writng.

I hope he reads the threads enough to get some idea how much we enjoy.

wolly4321 on March 6, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I third the motion. Allahpundit, with his deliciously wicked wit & silver tongue, is a national treasure!

KS Rex on March 7, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Second the motion re: Allahpundit. Maybe next yr?

In the meantime, this is simply awesome. Congrats Mary Katharine!

inviolet on March 7, 2014 at 1:11 AM

They’re never going to give the award to somebody who’s likely to show up with a bag over his head.

It’s not something insignificant like a Nobel Peace Prize for Pete’s sake.

trigon on March 7, 2014 at 1:12 AM

And, Congratulations, Mary Katherine. I can’t imagine anyone more deserving.

trigon on March 7, 2014 at 1:13 AM

WhatSlushfund on March 6, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Or more seriously, with a nickname like that he could be come the subject of a fatwah calling for the separation of his head from his body. Yes I’m serious, muslims have no sense of humor about things like that.

Fenris on March 7, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Yes, Mary Katharine is a good blogger.

I wonder who chooses the winners.

jaime on March 7, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Congratulations, Mary Katharine! :D

Cheshire_Kat on March 7, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Fenris on March 7, 2014 at 1:47 AM

I can see how that would be a concern, but are we going to stand up to Muzzies or cower in fear? Anti-Islam is my main issue. I have a blog (that I don’t promote here) dedicated to it. It is available to view, but it has been long dormant, just because I’ve been busy with work. I’m a man of extremely modest means, and we’ve all got to navigate these waters. But I’m a single guy with nothing to lose, and Muslims don’t scare me. My blog is constantly under DOS attacks. If I was outed, I wouldn’t care. Screw them. If they cut off my head, I’d consider it a sacrifice I made for telling the truth.

(Btw, if anyone can give me any advice as to how to monetize my blog, please send it my way. It’s hard for me to find time to look into these things. I’d love to be able to quit my job and do it full time.)

WhatSlushfund on March 7, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Congratulations!

dddave on March 7, 2014 at 5:32 AM

You go girl !!!

Ruckus_Tom on March 7, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Congrats, MKH! Well deserved.

DisneyFan on March 7, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Amoral pothead!

redware on March 7, 2014 at 6:59 AM

ConstantineXI is DrTesla.

John the Libertarian on March 7, 2014 at 7:13 AM

The award should go to you, AP, every year. You’re pretty much the only reason I come here.

+1000. AP’s byline is enough to make me read about subjects I previously had no interest in. He/she/it is one of the most talented political analysts I’ve ever read.

mrsknightley on March 7, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Congratulations!!

Bobbi on March 7, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Congratulations, Ms. Ham. Good speech.
Next up, Allahpundit! (No need to reveal his identity, just have a Native American woman accept it on his behalf- like Marlon Brando:)

Nape-wa-ste on March 7, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Congratulations, Ms. Ham–it’s an honor you’re most certainly earned. You’ve made Hot Air a better place too.

zoyclem on March 7, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Congratulations Mary Katharine, you rock!

plutorocks on March 7, 2014 at 7:52 AM

So what?

Galtian on March 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM

So what?

Galtian on March 7, 2014 at 8:

I’m sure you meant to type “Say What?” to give MKH a nice shout out via SRV. I should link the song for you, but I don’t know how.

MKH……I hear DAWG Nation is proud!

HonestLib on March 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

mrsknightley on March 7, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Agree

dedalus on March 7, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I hope that readers here and that she can respect the fact that I and others may have a different view on this award result. I still respect MKH and wish her great success in her career.

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

By “others” are you referencing other conservatives? If so, I have to respectfully disagree as I have only seen your negative comments regarding MKH. I know that if you beat a dead horse hard and long enough you might get it to move an inch, but is all the effort worth it? Just trying to be frank and kind in tone.

HonestLib on March 7, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Katie won it last year, Ed.

blammm on March 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM

HonestLib on March 7, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Beating dead horses is Bluegill’s stock and trade.

Bitter Clinger on March 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM

mrsknightley on March 7, 2014 at 7:21 AM

AP will never win it, not only because of his anonymity, but because there’s no way the CPAC crowd is going to bestow an award on someone with the pseudonym “Allahpundit”. CPAC doesn’t want the Muzzies getting all bent out of shape.

Bitter Clinger on March 7, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Congrats MKH!

If AllahPundit ever wins, I’m fairly sure his acceptance speech would be ten minutes of Humpbot.

eforhan on March 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM

@Bitter Clinger – I know. I’m not sure if AP even wants or needs our appreciation, but I felt I should express mine since, as you say, he’ll never get that award.

mrsknightley on March 7, 2014 at 9:16 AM

No, I mean So, what?

Yes, it’s great to get an award and I’m happy for her. But she’s posting things on the internet. So are about thirty zillion other people.

So, what? Did it cause my health insurance premium to go down a nickel? Can I now buy a toilet with more water in it? Did one convservative lawmaker get elected because of her blog posts?

Congratulations. You’re blogger of the year. That’s great. Funny hats, noise makers, and confetti.

But 15 years ago no such thing existed. And we had more freedom then. Our freedoms continue to erode. People who aren’t citizens get drivers licenses. Killing babies continues apace. And every month of the calendar glorifies something I don’t really find worth glorifying.

You’re blogger of the year. So, what?

Galtian on March 7, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I should link the song for you, but I don’t know how.

HonestLib on March 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Here. Practice on an old thread.

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Congratulations MKH

More Hamm Cam please ;-)

hoakie on March 7, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Congrats to Mary Katherine. We need more like her … and we need more War on Bacon!

Whitey Ford on March 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Congratulations, Mary Katharine! I hope it will introduce you to an even larger audience!

LancerDL on March 6, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Um…. She’s a regular on FNC and The Factor. She’s been on The View. Not to mention her work here.

Short of a wardrobe malfunction at the Superbowl, how much more exposure does she need? ;0

Happy Nomad on March 6, 2014 at 9:27 PM

That is all great for her career, but I say it not for her sake but for the people who haven’t been “reached”. In terms of getting the conservative/libertarian message out there, for a lot of the people who aren’t fully on one side or the other (or just turned-off by Fox) I don’t think those outlets will reach them.

As it is, Hot Air is a great outlet, but except for some trolls I don’t think many Liberals know about it.

LancerDL on March 7, 2014 at 10:36 AM

bluegill on March 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Verbosity does not a critique, make! Sour grapes drips from your keyboard!

tomshup on March 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I can see how that would be a concern, but are we going to stand up to Muzzies or cower in fear? …If I was outed, I wouldn’t care. Screw them. If they cut off my head, I’d consider it a sacrifice I made for telling the truth.

WhatSlushfund on March 7, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I agree with you, but you’ve got to put your family first.

Fenris on March 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM

WhatSlushfund on March 7, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I agree with you, but you’ve got to put your family first.

Fenris on March 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Which is precisely why I advocate warfare against Islam. They’re going to be at war with us no matter what we do. They will be trying to kill our families no matter what we do. We have no choice but to fight. If we fight, our families MIGHT die. If we don’t, our families WILL die.

WhatSlushfund on March 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM

This thread is living proof why the land is so fluked, more from the right than the left.

Schadenfreude on March 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Congratulations and well-deserved, MKH!

John the Libertarian on March 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Schadenfreude on March 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I agree with you, BTW, but am curious who, in a perfect world, would deserve this?

kim roy on March 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Well, it is certainly no Cronkite Award, but congratulations anyway!

Entrephil on March 7, 2014 at 2:22 PM

kim roy on March 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Katie Pavlich, Ed, AP and myriad of others who actually blogged all year.

Arguing with Bill O’Reilly is not blogging.

Schadenfreude on March 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM

..to some of us, HamNation means something entirely different.

73s es 88s, MKH

de k6whp

dit..dit

The War Planner on March 7, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Schadenfreude on March 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Good choices and KP has been doing good work.

kim roy on March 7, 2014 at 5:50 PM

There are lots of things to admire about MK, but her poise and confidence are her greatest attributes, imo.

Salud, MK!

Jaibones on March 7, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Congratulations MKH <—Blogger/Mother of the year!

Dollayo on March 9, 2014 at 3:10 AM