Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on March 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

The Ukraine crisis has given GOP foreign policy hawks a fresh opportunity to reassert themselves in a party that has seen rising isolationist sentiment…

Republicans nearly across the board contend what they view as Mr. Obama’s missteps in foreign affairs—such as his threat to bomb Syria, later withdrawn—might have emboldened hostile leaders like Mr. Putin. “After several crises, the pendulum is swinging back” to a more assertive posture, said Richard Grenell, a Bush-era spokesman at the United Nations. He described the party’s stance as “diplomacy with muscle.”…

Since Mr. Obama took office, the GOP struggled to formulate a unified vision for America’s role in the world. The long wars in Iraq and Afghanistan made it harder to return to Bush-era hawkishness. The rising influence of tea-party activists also brought a strain of anti-interventionism and opposition to military spending increases…

During the next three years, some Republicans in Congress moved in that direction. “A lot of Republicans would love to have the party take on the president on lack of leadership and inadequate defense spending,” said former Rep. Vin Weber, who advised Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential campaign. “But the party is not as clearly where it was 20 years ago. There is a growing neo-isolationist strain at the grass-roots.”

***

During an interview with the Washington Post’s Robert Costa, conducted on February 24, and posted on February 25 (after pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych was ousted, but before Russia’s invasion into Crimea), Paul said: ”Some on our side are so stuck in the Cold War era that they want to tweak Russia all the time and I don’t think that is a good idea.”…

“The Ukraine has a long history of either being part of the Soviet Union or within that sphere,” Paul continued to the Post, seeming to defend their parochial interest in the region. “I don’t think it behooves us to tell the Ukraine what to do. I’m not excited about saying ‘hey, let’s put the Ukraine in NATO’ to rub Russia’s nose in it.”…

We are still a long way from 2016, and elections are rarely decided primarily on foreign policy, but one gets the sense that this is an issue that doesn’t naturally favor Paul.

For a few years now, a war-weary America has experienced what might be described as an anti-interventionist zeitgeist. The question is whether or not that is tenable. Republican primary voters might — depending on the world situation — return to a more traditional (for the modern GOP, at least) hawkish foreign policy. (After all, one has to assume that a certain amount of dovishness is merely an anti-Obama phenomenon.)

***

Enter Rubio. The Floridian claims to reject the “obsolete” labels of hawk and dove, interventionist and noninterventionist. But the common theme of Rubio’s months-long, transcontinental foreign policy proselytization tour is articulating a strong America that is active and engaged in every part of the world. His takedown of Harkin was just the latest example, and the response—the speech registered a quarter-million YouTube hits within 72 hours and was raved about in GOP circles—showed the hunger in the party for someone to rebut the nascent libertarian wing. Whether intended or not, Rubio’s speech may have signaled the beginning of the anti-Rand auditions for 2016

“When you look at 2016 in terms of prospective candidates, Marco Rubio definitely seems to be doing the most to develop a foreign policy profile,” said GOP strategist Kevin Madden, a veteran of Mitt Romney’s presidential campaigns. “And it’s happening at a time when many Republicans are looking for a strong counterpoint to the administration—and also a new voice. John McCain and Lindsey Graham are well established. They want to hear from someone new.”…

“The group that would support Paul and his isolationism is more limited than the group that would support someone who wants a more robust role for America in the world as a peacemaker,” said Fred Malek, a longtime GOP consultant who chaired McCain’s finance operation during his 2008 presidential campaign…

But unlike his prospective competition, Rubio, by nature of working in Washington and serving on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, can uniquely position himself on the national stage as Paul’s ideological counterweight in the run-up to 2016. Indeed, while there are many disadvantages to being a presidential candidate serving in Congress, Rubio is exploiting one giant upside.

***

“Even though the media doesn’t give it a lot of attention, a lot of Americans do care about the tyranny we see in Cuba and Venezuela,” [Rubio spokesman Alex] Conant said. “America is a beacon of hope for millions of repressed people around the world and I think people appreciate Sen. Rubio clearly making the case for American leadership.”

It also helped that in the days following Rubio’s remarks, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine unleashed a flood of commentary comparing Vladimir Putin’s actions to Soviet-era tactics. Cold War communism is top-of-mind again on the right, and many conservatives are eager to frame political debate about Ukraine as a choice between Rubio’s articulate tough talk and the weak-willed hedging and confused-grandpa muttering of President Obama and Harkin, respectively.

Of course, with Republicans still philosophically divided over foreign policy, it’s less clear how that message might translate to a concrete agenda in regard to Russia. Rubio’s eight-step proposal to punish Putin’s regime, for instance, has been welcomed with respect on the right, but not with the same fawning his Cuba speech inspired.

Meanwhile, as Rubio once again enjoys 2016 hype, his senior staff remains clear-eyed about how media narratives can work. One aide said he expected the backlash to the Rubio comeback story to materialize within weeks.

***

Rubio’s move to speak out forcefully on the issue carries little short-term political risk for a senator positioning himself as a strong Obama critic in advance of a presidential run he is expected to launch about a year from now.

But to non-interventionist thinkers, Paul’s more cautious tact figures to pay long-term dividends among voters both in and out of the GOP, who increasingly want the United States to reduce its footprint on the international stage after more than a dozen years of war.

“Obama’s a unifying issue for Republicans, and it’s pretty safe if you’re aspiring to something higher to build your support within the Republican base by criticizing Obama,” said Chris Preble, vice president for defense and foreign policy studies at the libertarian-leaning Cato Institute. “But there are huge differences between Marco Rubio and Rand Paul, and eventually those details are going to get fleshed out.”

***

“Are we war-weary?” asked Cruz. “As a consequence to that, does that mean we are no longer willing to defend ourselves? I think that is a profound misreading of the American people. The Republican Party—you can point to two points on the spectrum, where Republicans lie. On one side you have the views of John McCain. The other end of the spectrum, you have the views of Rand Paul. Now, with respect, my views are very much the views of Ronald Reagan, which I would suggest is a third point on the triangle.”

He gave some examples. “I agree with Rand Paul that we should not engage with military conflict in Syria,” Cruz said. The Obama administration had lost him when it described a strike not to achieve a long-term goal but to punish the state for contravening international law. “Tut tut, you violated international law, you’re no longer welcome in our faculty lounge,” snarked Cruz.

But he agreed with John McCain on Iran. “When Iran describes Israel as the Little Satan, and America as the Great Satan, we have every interest to make sure they don’t acquire the weaponry to kill millions of Americans.” Cruz imagined a nightmare scenario in which Iran detonated a bomb over “Tel Aviv or New York or Los Angeles.” Detonated here, the effects of an EMP attack could kill “tens of millions of Americans.”

***

Let’s be honest, there’s a lot of space between McCain and Paul, and I think we would probably agree that when it comes to style, temperament, etc., Cruz is a lot closer to Paul than he is to McCain (remember the whole “wacko birds” thing?) During his CPAC speech, for example, Cruz praised Ronald Reagan and Ron Paul for being the two candidates who attracted young supporters. (His mention of McCain was less positive. “Of course, all of us remember President Dole, President McCain, President Romney,” he said.)

So basically, the Cruz strategy is to get close to Paul, while still staying toward the middle of the field. If you care about small government, both guys are good. Want to take on Obama? Check. Don’t like drone strikes, want to close the IRS, hate ObamaCare? Check. Check. Check.

But Cruz is making a bet that Paul’s more libertarian positions on issues like non-interventionism aren’t a mainstream opinion. So he will set up shop just on the other side of Paul. Anyone who says, “I really like Paul’s position, but I think we need to stand up to Russia,” now has a home. Or the guy who says, “I hate drones, but I don’t want Iran to go nuclear,” has a candidate.

***

The excitement over candidates like Rand Paul come from that source. Millennials have already tuned out, and will tune out, those they view as “warmongers” or anything of the kind (as they share listicles of “the 15 countries John McCain wanted to bomb”). This makes for a dangerous situation on the right, as a return to traditional tough-sounding Jacksonian rhetoric (of the sort Cruz deployed today) will require voters to have faith that the big stick will not be deployed too eagerly or frequently, and that American lives will only be put at risk in situations where there is a clear path to victory, a clearly important issue at stake, and we are taking sides to seek the defeat of a clearly identified enemy.

The American people need to trust the judgment of their leaders – leaders who can make the case for the importance of America retaining military power in a dangerous world, but who can also be trusted not to engage that power in every situation, backsliding into the temptation to be the world’s policeman or ending tyranny everywhere. The absence of a serious, adult voice on these issues has led us to the current circumstance. This vacuum of leadership outside of McCain and Lindsey Graham – and next up, Marco Rubio and Tom Cotton – leads to a defined “Republican view” from the media’s perspective which allows the GOP to be framed as the party of war – one where the Paul/Mike Lee/Justin Amash side of the equation is too often ignored.

Cruz’s comments make me look forward to the 2016 debate all the more.

***

Skip to 7:30.

***

Skip to 27:00.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Goodnight, Hawkdriver. :) Sleep well.

I don’t think you ‘ruined the thread’. Someone had to comment on the great sock continuum around here.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:04 AM

That was a classic debate..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM

I’m gonna run through it. Because I remember that one. Don’t know if I made any comments or not.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Well not to add any additional suspicion or such, but………….
Good Night All.

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Goodnight, Bmore. :) Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 1:05 AM

There’s an excellent tune. :)

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Goodnight, Hawkdriver. :) Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Agreed. Hawk adds immensely to the discourse, to coin a phrase. Unlike that phony hagfish/Lourdes nonsense.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:07 AM

What did you read to remind you of that thread before I really punch out?

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM

I think it was a house fire in the county that burned..City did not go help the volunteer fire deptment put it out..Something along those lines..I don’t remember where it was..It just reminded me of the HA thread..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Very true, Lance.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:04 AM

To be honest..I don’t think I commented..I just watched the debate..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:08 AM

There’s an excellent tune. :)

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Even a blind squirrel finds a lemon from time to time.

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 1:09 AM

I Can’t Quit You Baby – Led Zeppelin

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:09 AM

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 1:09 AM

You know, I have a copy of a bootleg album “Blueberry Hill” and it’s got a really long cut of “The Lemon Song” on it… must run over ten minutes. lol!

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I just love yuz smooches. I hope SWalker doesn’t jam up my propeller again. Made me dizzy.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM

And where has CL been?

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:11 AM

To be honest..I don’t think I commented..I just watched the debate..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Add on: Hawkdriver showed excellent debate skill defending his points..I was impressed..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:12 AM

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM

I just love to smooch on you, Spark. :) I’ll ask him not to do that anymore.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:53 AM

I knew who she was. Just wondered if you had told her the back story about the hogs on the rope trick. That is why I told her, “I don’t trust you.” :)

arnold ziffel on March 7, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Someone said CL hadn’t been feeling very well. I hope she feels better soon.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:13 AM

BMore,

Balloon logging. I’ll fire up the Glade airship kerfuffle and drop a rope down. Just hook a few slabs and I’m off to the table saw to saw them up.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:15 AM

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Jackie knows that you “ratted her out” about the rum..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Ah.

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Oh? Thanks. Really off here now.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Ramble On – Led Zeppelin

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Someone said CL hadn’t been feeling very well. I hope she feels better soon.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:13 AM

I hope so.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Dear CL. I hope you get better soon. If you need some magic smooches I got some spares from MG saved up. But only if you are really sick.

I don’t want to waste them for colds and fluz.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Actually I was on the Libertarian side of the debate..But looking back..I was probably wrong..Hard to let a house burn over $ 75.00 fee..It was a tough debate subject..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM

For the record, just so no one gets confused. I have no socks. Just me. The better half signs in under her own nom MissLamar. Ed approved it. Again Bmore has no socks. Don’t believe in them, never did, never will. Well, unless you see some guy named Cless around here. ; )
Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

God God man if they’ve been here and read your comments and don’t agree that everything I wrote was unimpeachable truth do you think this will persuade them? The way, shape, manner & form of impeaching a witness are well documented. You need offer no further proof as all who are true & honest will stipulate to it as fact.

frank on March 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM

wish people would stop smooching while my hot babe is prolly medicated and sleepers

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I didn’t burn the rum… and Spark would never rat me out even if I had. He’s too much of a gentleman for that. :) Daiquiri?

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:21 AM

* ignore button activated*..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:21 AM

LOST HIGHWAY by Hank Williams

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 1:22 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:21 AM

That is not what Dave told me..You need to ask Dave..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I appreciate your graciousness but you’ve more than earned the high praise. So please accept it if from no other than myself alone; he who you taught to navigate.

frank on March 7, 2014 at 1:22 AM

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Aw… I’d offer you one… to tide you over… but I know it’s no substitute for the ones you crave.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:22 AM

* ignore button activated*..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:21 AM

*10,000 people frown over their windows more closely, trying to find “Ignore Button”*

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I suspect Dave is the one who has your rum, Dire. I hate to cast aspersions, but Dave has been known to make off with a rum cargo from time to time. I’d bet that’s where your rum went.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Oh, excellent. :)

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 1:23 AM

LoLz..Bottom left corner of keyboard..:)

PS..Speaking of 10,000..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:26 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:25 AM

I’d ask him..but there is a problem..Dave is not here!..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:27 AM

The Ocean – Led Zeppelin

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:27 AM

I heard he’s cruising the Caribbean ports … his ships riding low… probably carrying a full cargo.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:29 AM

The Doobie Brothers Black Water

Pickle on March 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Townes Van Zandt – Highway Kind

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM

:) Daiquiri?

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:21 AM

….well, okay – sure – I can think of a few questions, even though I only usually “query” on Saturdays…..

williamg on March 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM

williamg on March 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Good evening, williamg. :) Good to see you. Would you like a slice of lime on the rim, too?

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You – Led Zeppelin

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Oh, excellent. :)

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:26 AM

I was a huge LZ fan in HS, so many years ago…

Dire that thread you linked was full of intense debate. That kind of thread is what I think of when someone calls this place an echo chamber. I’m like, o really! I must have been out that night, cause I don’t see any of my sock’s screen names there.

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 1:33 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:29 AM

lolz..Last time I seen him he was getting in a Delorean..Saying something about where he was going he didn’t need roads..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Hey have Clarke Kent and superman ever been seen together?

What about Dire and Dave?

What about SWalker and Oscarwilde?

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Agreed..excellent point..That was a perfect debate thread..A model..imho..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Zeppelin is still great. Classic by definition.

I ignore those who carp about HA being an echo chamber… or, for that matter, criticize the content of the QOTD, because as they bash away they simply become that against which they’re ostensibly ranting. It’s self defeating nonsense.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Somebody stole an oscillation over thruster. All I know is that it wasn’t Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Sounds like Dave, alright. ;)

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:38 AM

williamg on March 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:31 AM

…well heck yeah, Jackie……that’s the Part that Gets Me The Hottest!

williamg on March 7, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Befoer I retire, I leave you with CPAC blogger of the year award winner Mary Katherine Ham’s debate about Marijuana.

Take it away conservative Nancy Botwin!

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 1:40 AM

I don’t think our Spritely One has been feeling very well recently, either. I hope she feels much better very soon. I miss her.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:41 AM

williamg on March 7, 2014 at 1:36 AM

That’s a very good acoustic cover. He does a very good job with it. :)

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014

well, the only ones of us on that thread were Ziffel and Hawk. And Hawk on the tail end.

Annin weighed in. But it was not a thread takeover. But angryed was there. I miss him.

That thing ran over 24 hours. I remember I stayed the hell out, but I read as it went.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

B9. Im getting you some chocolate Easter bunnies for Easter. Not waiting till the last minute when all the ears are chewed off by Twerp at Walmart.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

I love Scrumpydoodles and would take care of her. I would even give up trampoline karaoke to let her sleep quietly.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Aerosmith Dream On

Pickle on March 7, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Goodnight, Murphy.:) Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:43 AM

Pickle on March 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Pickles! You came back to me!

Here. I saved something for you.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:44 AM

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

I know you do, Spark. And she knows it, too. :)

B9 will love those chocolate bunnies. :)

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:44 AM

Still Got The Blues – Moore

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always.

Live in the moment.

“Keep yourselves where the light is.”

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:46 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:37 AM

I have a small bone to pick with KISS (Simmons and Stanley)..KISS is finally getting inducted in RRHOF..But Simmons and Stanley say they will not perform because HOF recognize KISS as Simmons,Stanley,Crist,Frehley (Original band)and they want KISS to be honored with current members..I don’t agree with Simmons and Stanley about this..*climbing off soapbox*..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Only one pickle. Not plural.

Danceman

Pickle on March 7, 2014 at 1:48 AM

williamg on March 7, 2014 at 1:36 AM

That’s a very good acoustic cover. He does a very good job with it. :)

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

….just saw him with Backstage passes on March 1st……3rd Row Dead Center Stage during the show…..he’s Brilliant….he must be one of the Five Greatest Guitarists Alive today……or at Least in the Top 10…….

williamg on March 7, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

I hear you..AnninCA could not stay up..Way over her head..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:49 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I think it goes back to a falling out between the original members over rights and royalties as well as some personal issues. I can see wanting the newer members to get credit for the work they’ve put in, and I can see the case for awarding the original lineup, too. I guess it depends on the specific work used to make the decision, really. I think, in fairness, admitting all of the members might be the best way to go, with a new rule requiring a certain body of work with any given nominated band in order to qualify. I have to say, though, I’d hate to be involved in the politics of the selection committee and the process.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:49 AM

Only one pickle. Not plural.

Danceman

Pickle on March 7, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Good song. But you will always be Pickles to me.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:49 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:49 AM

You make good points..I just want to see them perform..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:51 AM

williamg on March 7, 2014 at 1:48 AM

Must have been quite a show. I’d need to hear more of his work to make any sort of critical assessment. I’m very particular about guitarists work.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Baxter Greene was on it..I wish he would start posting again..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:54 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:49 AM
You make good points..I just want to see them perform at their induction cermony..It will be a shame if they don’t..imho..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Baxter Greene was on it..I wish he would start posting again..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:54 AM

I noticed that. Him I definitely remember. Like Manly. Alas, Manly said he wasn’t gonna come around any longer. Perhaps when we get nearer the election he will change his mind.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Rod Stewart Maggie May

Pickle on March 7, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Agreed..I hope they both come back..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:59 AM

Wow. Amazing speech by Ted Cruz. Watched the whole thing. This guy MUST be our next President.

WhatSlushfund on March 7, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:57 AM

That guys says “I, Manly Rash,” — someone shove a doughnut in his mouth this time before he has time to finish. :)

Twice. Twice now.

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Axe it is good to see you back posting again..:):)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 2:11 AM

evening late nighters..

no quarter….live

going2mars on March 7, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Well the red hot love affair between Lanceman and pickles continues right after these messages from our sponsors.

# roll the Viagra and Dill commercials

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM

going2mars on March 7, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 2:20 AM

# roll the bluepill and Dill commercials

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM

perhaps e should re-think that whole
“the sky is falling” bit…

Small Asteroid Gives Earth a Close Shave, 3rd in 2 Days

going2mars on March 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM

evening DS…hows the darkness on your side?

going2mars on March 7, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Big improvement in his use of the comment box buttons.
Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:10 AM

A decent mind, when properly instructed, can touch the heavens.

So many withhold knowledge gained. You al one chose to impart it; and that is why you’re on my list.

frank on March 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Good evening everyone… and Dire…

oscarwilde on March 7, 2014 at 2:26 AM

I, Lanceley Rash, being of questionable mind, do hereby swear that I will never go nowheres until banned or until I figure out what the hell y’alls buddy frank is ranting about now.

Further, I promise to continue bullying the likes of loons such as Meredith and petrollia, giving no quarter until such time as Sarah Louise Palin takes the Oath of Office and becomes the real 44th President of the United States and obama is declared null & void and dropped into exile on the island of Madagaskar, to live out his days with the hissing cockroaches his party represents.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 2:28 AM

frank on March 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Evenin’, hagfish 2.0

I was attackin’ broads again.

Perhaps you will ‘get’ me. As in “The monsters’ll get me!”

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 2:29 AM

going2mars on March 7, 2014 at 2:23 AM

All is well..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 2:28 AM

Wow. Awesome post. Your are definitely off the piker list.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 2:31 AM