Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on March 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

The Ukraine crisis has given GOP foreign policy hawks a fresh opportunity to reassert themselves in a party that has seen rising isolationist sentiment…

Republicans nearly across the board contend what they view as Mr. Obama’s missteps in foreign affairs—such as his threat to bomb Syria, later withdrawn—might have emboldened hostile leaders like Mr. Putin. “After several crises, the pendulum is swinging back” to a more assertive posture, said Richard Grenell, a Bush-era spokesman at the United Nations. He described the party’s stance as “diplomacy with muscle.”…

Since Mr. Obama took office, the GOP struggled to formulate a unified vision for America’s role in the world. The long wars in Iraq and Afghanistan made it harder to return to Bush-era hawkishness. The rising influence of tea-party activists also brought a strain of anti-interventionism and opposition to military spending increases…

During the next three years, some Republicans in Congress moved in that direction. “A lot of Republicans would love to have the party take on the president on lack of leadership and inadequate defense spending,” said former Rep. Vin Weber, who advised Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential campaign. “But the party is not as clearly where it was 20 years ago. There is a growing neo-isolationist strain at the grass-roots.”

***

During an interview with the Washington Post’s Robert Costa, conducted on February 24, and posted on February 25 (after pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych was ousted, but before Russia’s invasion into Crimea), Paul said: ”Some on our side are so stuck in the Cold War era that they want to tweak Russia all the time and I don’t think that is a good idea.”…

“The Ukraine has a long history of either being part of the Soviet Union or within that sphere,” Paul continued to the Post, seeming to defend their parochial interest in the region. “I don’t think it behooves us to tell the Ukraine what to do. I’m not excited about saying ‘hey, let’s put the Ukraine in NATO’ to rub Russia’s nose in it.”…

We are still a long way from 2016, and elections are rarely decided primarily on foreign policy, but one gets the sense that this is an issue that doesn’t naturally favor Paul.

For a few years now, a war-weary America has experienced what might be described as an anti-interventionist zeitgeist. The question is whether or not that is tenable. Republican primary voters might — depending on the world situation — return to a more traditional (for the modern GOP, at least) hawkish foreign policy. (After all, one has to assume that a certain amount of dovishness is merely an anti-Obama phenomenon.)

***

Enter Rubio. The Floridian claims to reject the “obsolete” labels of hawk and dove, interventionist and noninterventionist. But the common theme of Rubio’s months-long, transcontinental foreign policy proselytization tour is articulating a strong America that is active and engaged in every part of the world. His takedown of Harkin was just the latest example, and the response—the speech registered a quarter-million YouTube hits within 72 hours and was raved about in GOP circles—showed the hunger in the party for someone to rebut the nascent libertarian wing. Whether intended or not, Rubio’s speech may have signaled the beginning of the anti-Rand auditions for 2016

“When you look at 2016 in terms of prospective candidates, Marco Rubio definitely seems to be doing the most to develop a foreign policy profile,” said GOP strategist Kevin Madden, a veteran of Mitt Romney’s presidential campaigns. “And it’s happening at a time when many Republicans are looking for a strong counterpoint to the administration—and also a new voice. John McCain and Lindsey Graham are well established. They want to hear from someone new.”…

“The group that would support Paul and his isolationism is more limited than the group that would support someone who wants a more robust role for America in the world as a peacemaker,” said Fred Malek, a longtime GOP consultant who chaired McCain’s finance operation during his 2008 presidential campaign…

But unlike his prospective competition, Rubio, by nature of working in Washington and serving on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, can uniquely position himself on the national stage as Paul’s ideological counterweight in the run-up to 2016. Indeed, while there are many disadvantages to being a presidential candidate serving in Congress, Rubio is exploiting one giant upside.

***

“Even though the media doesn’t give it a lot of attention, a lot of Americans do care about the tyranny we see in Cuba and Venezuela,” [Rubio spokesman Alex] Conant said. “America is a beacon of hope for millions of repressed people around the world and I think people appreciate Sen. Rubio clearly making the case for American leadership.”

It also helped that in the days following Rubio’s remarks, Russia’s invasion of Ukraine unleashed a flood of commentary comparing Vladimir Putin’s actions to Soviet-era tactics. Cold War communism is top-of-mind again on the right, and many conservatives are eager to frame political debate about Ukraine as a choice between Rubio’s articulate tough talk and the weak-willed hedging and confused-grandpa muttering of President Obama and Harkin, respectively.

Of course, with Republicans still philosophically divided over foreign policy, it’s less clear how that message might translate to a concrete agenda in regard to Russia. Rubio’s eight-step proposal to punish Putin’s regime, for instance, has been welcomed with respect on the right, but not with the same fawning his Cuba speech inspired.

Meanwhile, as Rubio once again enjoys 2016 hype, his senior staff remains clear-eyed about how media narratives can work. One aide said he expected the backlash to the Rubio comeback story to materialize within weeks.

***

Rubio’s move to speak out forcefully on the issue carries little short-term political risk for a senator positioning himself as a strong Obama critic in advance of a presidential run he is expected to launch about a year from now.

But to non-interventionist thinkers, Paul’s more cautious tact figures to pay long-term dividends among voters both in and out of the GOP, who increasingly want the United States to reduce its footprint on the international stage after more than a dozen years of war.

“Obama’s a unifying issue for Republicans, and it’s pretty safe if you’re aspiring to something higher to build your support within the Republican base by criticizing Obama,” said Chris Preble, vice president for defense and foreign policy studies at the libertarian-leaning Cato Institute. “But there are huge differences between Marco Rubio and Rand Paul, and eventually those details are going to get fleshed out.”

***

“Are we war-weary?” asked Cruz. “As a consequence to that, does that mean we are no longer willing to defend ourselves? I think that is a profound misreading of the American people. The Republican Party—you can point to two points on the spectrum, where Republicans lie. On one side you have the views of John McCain. The other end of the spectrum, you have the views of Rand Paul. Now, with respect, my views are very much the views of Ronald Reagan, which I would suggest is a third point on the triangle.”

He gave some examples. “I agree with Rand Paul that we should not engage with military conflict in Syria,” Cruz said. The Obama administration had lost him when it described a strike not to achieve a long-term goal but to punish the state for contravening international law. “Tut tut, you violated international law, you’re no longer welcome in our faculty lounge,” snarked Cruz.

But he agreed with John McCain on Iran. “When Iran describes Israel as the Little Satan, and America as the Great Satan, we have every interest to make sure they don’t acquire the weaponry to kill millions of Americans.” Cruz imagined a nightmare scenario in which Iran detonated a bomb over “Tel Aviv or New York or Los Angeles.” Detonated here, the effects of an EMP attack could kill “tens of millions of Americans.”

***

Let’s be honest, there’s a lot of space between McCain and Paul, and I think we would probably agree that when it comes to style, temperament, etc., Cruz is a lot closer to Paul than he is to McCain (remember the whole “wacko birds” thing?) During his CPAC speech, for example, Cruz praised Ronald Reagan and Ron Paul for being the two candidates who attracted young supporters. (His mention of McCain was less positive. “Of course, all of us remember President Dole, President McCain, President Romney,” he said.)

So basically, the Cruz strategy is to get close to Paul, while still staying toward the middle of the field. If you care about small government, both guys are good. Want to take on Obama? Check. Don’t like drone strikes, want to close the IRS, hate ObamaCare? Check. Check. Check.

But Cruz is making a bet that Paul’s more libertarian positions on issues like non-interventionism aren’t a mainstream opinion. So he will set up shop just on the other side of Paul. Anyone who says, “I really like Paul’s position, but I think we need to stand up to Russia,” now has a home. Or the guy who says, “I hate drones, but I don’t want Iran to go nuclear,” has a candidate.

***

The excitement over candidates like Rand Paul come from that source. Millennials have already tuned out, and will tune out, those they view as “warmongers” or anything of the kind (as they share listicles of “the 15 countries John McCain wanted to bomb”). This makes for a dangerous situation on the right, as a return to traditional tough-sounding Jacksonian rhetoric (of the sort Cruz deployed today) will require voters to have faith that the big stick will not be deployed too eagerly or frequently, and that American lives will only be put at risk in situations where there is a clear path to victory, a clearly important issue at stake, and we are taking sides to seek the defeat of a clearly identified enemy.

The American people need to trust the judgment of their leaders – leaders who can make the case for the importance of America retaining military power in a dangerous world, but who can also be trusted not to engage that power in every situation, backsliding into the temptation to be the world’s policeman or ending tyranny everywhere. The absence of a serious, adult voice on these issues has led us to the current circumstance. This vacuum of leadership outside of McCain and Lindsey Graham – and next up, Marco Rubio and Tom Cotton – leads to a defined “Republican view” from the media’s perspective which allows the GOP to be framed as the party of war – one where the Paul/Mike Lee/Justin Amash side of the equation is too often ignored.

Cruz’s comments make me look forward to the 2016 debate all the more.

***

Skip to 7:30.

***

Skip to 27:00.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

How do I get to be a sock puppet?

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Big improvement in his use of the comment box buttons.

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Yeah. Unless frank is your sock trying to be hagfish-like, he probably has more tech savvy than the lot of us. In other words, either you or I have been conned.

You by it or me by you, if you follow.

But I do enjoy beating up on it even if I know who it is. It just looks good in print.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM

MissLamar is my favorite newbie….

KCB on March 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Beautiful slabs Bmore.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM

So there is like 2 commenters at HA?

Who am I? This is an existential emerfency.

Sauerkraut, where’s my DMT?

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM

LOLZ!!!

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM

How do I get to be a sock puppet?

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I sent a resume to Monster.com

If you want to troll us, apply with the DNC.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM

How do I get to be a sock puppet?

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Wait, I thought you already were. Lolz!

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM

So all this time I thought there were many many denizens of pikerville here.

But now we are told most of them are sick puppets.

Anyhow I just come here for smooches from MG.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Its pretty stuff. The 6 and 8 footers are next. ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Anyhow I just come here for smooches from MG.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM

That’s Jackson, right? But really she’s B9′s puppet?

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Schadenfreude on March 7, 2014 at 12:02 AM

YMW, Schade :-D

Newtie and the Beauty on March 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Cheater BMore gets his wood from trees. I gotta go to Lowes and pay.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I smell cake. Candy roaster cake. Fresh out of the better halfs oven. Yum!!!

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I know the guys in Queen need to make a living. And I have nothing against Adam Lambert.

But this is so wrong:

Queen will tour North America this summer with Adam Lambert, the British group’s first U.S. tour in eight years.

The 18-city tour with the former American Idol runner-up as frontman

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Soft Pedal Blues – Turrentine

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:18 AM

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I milled the pear in the photos just for you. Not sure how to get them to you though. Any suggestions?

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:18 AM

How do I get to be a sock puppet?

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Here’s one way… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on March 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM

But this is so wrong

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I agree. I don’t want a gay kid sullying the name of Queen & Freddie Mercury’s legacy.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM

SparkPlug on March 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Good evening, Spark.:) *Smoooch*

Very good to see you, my friend.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM

hawkdriver on March 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Both…but especially the first.

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:11 AM

He’s an imbecile. Driving around I hear the ACA PSA’s aimed at young people. “Go to the Government Health Care Website to compare policies to get the lowest prices!”

“I’m covered … I’m covered” “I’m … finally covered!”

Apply now for if you get sick, get hurt or just need a checkup.

“I’m covered”

It’s all I can do to hold down my lunch.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Hawks and doves.

It is not hawks and doves. This is an absurdity rejected by reality. What committee of crazed dingbats working feverishly in hell came up with this mendacious drivel? Why repeat it? Was Reagan a hawk or a dove? He was neither. If you must go by birds, he was an Owl. McCain is a turkey.

Bush was never a hawk. He was a turkey. Not as bad a one as McCain, but then Bush wasn’t totally insane. Good God, how can anyone be so bind as to still not see that?

VorDaj on March 7, 2014 at 12:20 AM

So … by extension, “you” are actually not real but simultaneously a sock-puppet for both Axe and Michelle Malkin herself.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Man, I need to lay off that astral projection.

Or Axe does.

Or..

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:10 AM

BLESSED BE THE MALKIN, THE MALKIN IS GOOD.

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Good evening, Lanceman. :)

B9 and I are great friends, but both of us are far too independent to be anyone’s puppet. ;)

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I know.

But it would be just like B.More to invent a puppet that was hagfish-like just to make me look the fool. I don’t need his help with that, thank you very much!

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Truth be know, Murphy9 runs the whole show. But … actually … he is really just a sockpuppet of ResistWeMuch. So to answer a question from above, there really is only one actual commenter on Hot Air. ResistWeMuch and Bluegill.

TWO, Only two real ….

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:25 AM

It’s all I can do to hold down my lunch.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Clearly that begs the more important question. Was what you ate for lunch approved by Nanny Bloomberg and Queen Mooherelle?

VorDaj on March 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM

lol hawk!

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:28 AM

TWO, Only two real ….

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:25 AM

I was thinking that Dire and Sporky invented B.More so B.more could invent a hagfish, get the rest of us to hate it and then invent 3 or 4 hagfish sock puppets.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Here’s one way… :P

Newtie and the Beauty on March 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I Prefer this way

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

For the record, just so no one gets confused. I have no socks. Just me. The better half signs in under her own nom MissLamar. Ed approved it. Again Bmore has no socks. Don’t believe in them, never did, never will. Well, unless you see some guy named Cless around here. ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Really. That’s what I’m thinking. Don’t play tricks on me to make me look like an idiot. Stipulated. Now, let’s move along. :)

lol . . . “Del. Solomon.”

–No offense to Del. :) I can just see it. I can see Yul Brynner saying it with enough drama to shake the pillars of Heaven, and get the same reaction as “There can be no peace as long as Kirk Lives.”

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:25 AM

lol

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Well, unless you see some guy named Cless around here. ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

The other night it was Clenis.

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Are you kidding? The money quote was the Lourdes fawnery.

One of you guys is playing a pretty funny joke inventing frank. And frank is not Bishop’s style.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Nope. Its always been Cless, just ask predator sometime. ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Good Night KCB, Sleep Well.

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Good night Hot Air!

KCB on March 7, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Good Night KCB, Sleep Well..

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:35 AM

This freaking site is so messed up. Come on HA!!!!

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:36 AM

New health insurance marketplaces signing up few uninsured Americans, two surveys find

The new health insurance marketplaces appear to be making little headway in signing up Americans who lack insurance, the Affordable Care Act’s central goal, according to a pair of new surveys.

Only one in 10 uninsured people who qualify for private plans through the new marketplaces enrolled as of last month, one of the surveys shows.

Built To Fall

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:36 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:19 AM

VorDaj on March 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM

It was approved by Wendy the ginger.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Nope. Its always been Cless, just ask predator sometime. ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:34 AM

My mistake.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:37 AM

B, your scrapyard wg’s are really neat. If I had some property, you bet I’d be getting one from you.

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM

This freaking site is so messed up. Come on HA!!!!

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:36 AM

It is. Sometimes I press enter once and I get that duplicate comment crap. Hagfish & frank are right – this place has gone to pot since Boss Emeritus left.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM

TWO, Only two real ….

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:25 AM

hawdriverman on March 7, 2014 at 12:28 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:38 AM

For you Murph, gratis. I have to pass through your neck of the woods once in a while.

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM

What in the world are you doing all the way up here at the confluence?

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:41 AM

I bet Cheshire Cat could straighten all this out.

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:41 AM

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

That’ll work ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:37 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Hey there, Dire Straits. Or should we call you, Dire “Strings”?

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

KCB on March 7, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Niters and sleep well, Ken!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Lol

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

As far as I’m concerned, I’d say all of you have lost it. Have the doctor adjust your meds. You especially, Lanceman.

Judge_Dredd on March 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM

That’ll work ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on March 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Whose sock are you, anyway? :)

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM

When it comes to identifying these sock puppets that some seem so concerned about, it is not nearly as complicated as they make out. Put quite simply, all one needs to do is remember that Who’s on first, What’s on second and I Don’t Know’s on third.

Cheshire Cat on March 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Lynyrd Skynyrd – Simple Man

And on that note, I bid Friends and Lurkers niters and sleep well!

Newtie and the Beauty on March 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM

You especially, Lanceman.

Judge_Dredd on March 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Just what are you trying to say?

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Cheshire Cat on March 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM

LOL

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Cheshire Cat on March 7, 2014 at 12:44 AM

LOL

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Who’s on second?

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Lanceman’s dance card just keeps growing. I’m not jealous BTW.

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM

– Going for peanut butter and 15 to clear my head. This thread’s obviously one big psi op, and I am not going to all my my psi to be opp’d.

Again.

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Hey there, Dire Straits. Or should we call you, Dire “Strings”?

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

I’m good with either one..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Staples just reported to be planning to shut as many as 225 stores. But no need to worry as when Pharaoh Obama gets through Fundamentally Transforming America, no one will work, so who will need office supplies?

VorDaj on March 7, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Good Night Newtie and the Beauty, Pleasant Dreams

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

frank said to give you his regards and is pretty impressed by your action. Tell MissLamar to come out and play.

arnold ziffel on March 7, 2014 at 12:49 AM

My last comment didn’t go though the last time. Let me try that again.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Bmore has no socks. Ok, got it. ;-)

tommy71 on March 7, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Lanceman’s dance card just keeps growing. I’m not jealous BTW.

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM

I don’t understand what his complaint is. Bluegill seems to be a stable commenter as does Lourdes. They both add immensely to the discourse.

Judge_Dredd on March 7, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Oh crap. I’m didn’t switch back.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 12:48 AM

*tip fedora*..:)

PS..Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Ray Charles – Rubio

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Battle of Evermore – Led Zeppelin

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM

I mean, “I” didn’t switch back.

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Dammit

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:52 AM

arnold ziffel on March 7, 2014 at 12:49 AM

How you doing my favorite little piggy? She was in such a mood with me yesterday. When I got up this a.m. and read through the thread I was freaked. Have no idea why she picked last night to log on. I hope she didn’t freak you out. She is actually, normally, a doll. ; ) She knows a lot about my friends here. Its a little frightening actually. I never thought she was paying me any attention when I described to her the goings on here. Apparently she was. Lolz!

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Judge_Dredd on March 7, 2014 at 12:50 AM

I have two left feet.

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Goodnight, Newtie.:) Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Hey MG, good one! First comment there is appropriate!

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM

OK.B.More, you have to be frank! Even the hagfish couldn’t lay down that crap sober! ;D

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I have two left feet.

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Nothing but left socks in the drawer …….again. Remember the last time it was like that? Good times!!! ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Good evening, Murphy. :) Good to see you.

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Judge_Dredd on March 7, 2014 at 12:50 AM

lol

You sound a little bit like her.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:56 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Lolz! Man o man are you gonna confuse the crap out of these poor folks. ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Something I read the other day reminded me of a classic debate HA folks had in 2010..Remember this??..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Lolz! Man o man are you gonna confuse the crap out of these poor folks. ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM

And I’ve probably already ruined the thread. So, I am off here myself. :-)

Nite all.

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:58 AM

How Many More Times – Led Zeppelin

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Good evening, Dire. :) Up for a Zeppelin jag?

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Night HD

Murphy9 on March 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Wow. That last page is chock-full of people I don’t remember.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM

A Song For Rubio – Conway Twitty

kcewa on March 7, 2014 at 1:02 AM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 12:59 AM

This is fastly becoming my theme song..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Good Night hawkdriver, Sleep Well.

Bmore on March 7, 2014 at 1:02 AM

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 12:57 AM

I do remember that.

What did you read to remind you of that thread before I really punch out?

hawkdriver on March 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Probably meant “psy” ops. “Psi” ops would probably be government agents running around letting random volumes of air out of people’s tires — Heh. ;)

– B@stards.

Ah, cool movie coming on. I’m doing that too.

Axe on March 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Wow. That last page is chock-full of people I don’t remember.

Lanceman on March 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM

That was a classic debate..:)

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Dire Straits on March 7, 2014 at 1:02 AM

lol! I think I know what you mean. Times…they are a’changin’. lol!

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM