Mitch McConnell at CPAC: If you give me a Republican majority in the Senate, I won’t let you down

posted at 1:21 pm on March 6, 2014 by Allahpundit

Spoiler alert: He’ll let us down.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell promised a ballroom full of activists Thursday that he would fight “tooth and nail” for a conservative agenda if he takes the helm of a Republican majority next year…

“If I’m given the opportunity to lead the United States Senate next year, I won’t let you down,” McConnell said. “I will lead with integrity, we will fight tooth and nail for conservative reforms that put this country back on track, we will debate our ideas openly, we will vote without fear, and we will govern with the understanding that the future of this country depends on our success.”

Oddly enough, his reception in the hall today was “lukewarm.” Serious question: What would McConnell have to do, or not do, as Senate majority leader for tea partiers to say, “He was right, he didn’t let us down”? He’ll happily hold a vote to repeal ObamaCare, which will either be filibustered by Democrats or die on Obama’s desk. He might be willing to stand his ground on spending cuts, veto or no veto. Is that good enough? Ain’t no way he’s going to shut down the government or let Treasury hit the debt ceiling, and the closer we get to 2016 the surer that is. So if that’s the litmus test, consider him having failed already.

Actually, I think there are two litmus tests, neither of which has to do with fiscal standoffs. One is on Supreme Court (or cabinet) appointments, the other is on immigration. If Obama gets a vacancy on the Court and nominates someone far enough left to alarm grassroots righties but not so far left that GOP centrists like Mark Kirk won’t vote for him/her, McConnell will face a ton of pressure to keep the nomination off the floor. I think there’s a fair chance that he’ll pass that test. In fact, Obama himself might anticipate it by nominating someone radical-ish in the expectation that he or she will be torpedoed and then nominating the person he really wanted all along as a “moderate” compromise back-up pick. On immigration, though, it’s unfathomable to me that McConnell would block an amnesty bill passed by the more conservative House, knowing that there are more than enough amnesty fans in the Senate to break a filibuster on it, purely to pander to tea partiers. The party leadership wants immigration done by the time of the next presidential election. Mitch the Knife won’t stop them. So yeah, he’ll let you down.

Here he is this morning waving a gun around onstage. I know he feels like he’s being attacked on all sides by conservatives lately, but good lord, man. (Kidding. It was a present for Tom Coburn.)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

…bluegill is going to be upset!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Nothing to be upset about, but in this case it will be right.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:04 PM

More news from CPAC: our own Mary Katharine Ham won the ‘Blogger of the Year’ Award.

Congratulations MKH!

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Flora Duh: Woo-hoo, excellent FD.:0

canopfor on March 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM

…Red Ryder BB gun!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM

…bluegill is going to be upset!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM

My 1st thought…lmao.

bazil9 on March 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I’m sure it’s the totality of her work. Yelling at O’Reilly weekly is deserving of many points.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Like Barry… if da lips are a move’n he’s a lie’n…gotta give it to him though …. the big guy can drive the little clown car.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on March 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Nothing to be upset about, but in this case it will be right.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:04 PM

…(you know why I did that!)
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Don’t believe Ayatollah McConnell.

This is the shit that went to Bush and begged him to remove troops from Iraq because he was afraid of losing the Senate.

The elite Republicans are BIG GOVERNMENT Republicans and they’ve been fooling conservatives for a half-decade with their lies.

Don’t buy it – not for a second. You give him a GOP majority – he’ll give you amnesty and you can bet your ass on it.

HondaV65 on March 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Are some of you saying that MKH beats all the other good bloggers?

If so, name the blogging which deserves this. I bet you’ll name as much as the leftists name my “I triple dare you” to come up with one foreign policy success of obama/Hillary. NO one has answered that, yet.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM

CPAC obviously isn’t what it used to be.

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Face it, the Ron Paul “libertarians” have little in common with the social conservatives. Mutual hatred of Obama and Dems is thin glue, especially when weasels like McConnell and Christie are delivering the message that CPAC needs to STFU and do as the surrender weasels demand.

That, BTW, is the HA message to conservatives too. Ted Cruz was treated like a rock star at CPAC this morning. He need more leaders like him and less lectures from Quislings like McConnell and worhless liberals like Christie.

Happy Nomad on March 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Spoiler alert: He’ll let us down.

Absolutely.

Actions speak louder than words, and his actions over the past several years as Senate Minority Leader make it clear that Mitch McConnell is not suitable to be the Senate Majority Leader.

He has proven himself to be an ineffective leader. Unable or unwilling to message or articulate an effective counter-message regarding the actions of those across the aisle or in the Executive Branch. Furthermore, he has demonstrated an unwillingness to directly challenge and articulate a counter-argument towards not only the breaches of the Senate rules by the Democrats, but also the selective enforcement and breaches of federal law by those in the Executive Branch.

Demonstrating a willingness to ‘go along to get along’ isn’t leadership. Kicking the can down the road isn’t leading. Avoiding doing hard stuff because it’s hard isn’t leading.

Athos on March 6, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Are some of you saying that MKH beats all the other good bloggers?

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM

You guys remember what happened when Jihad Watch got the Blog of the year award, right?

/crickets

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Yelling at O’Reilly weekly is deserving of many points.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM

O’Reilly, the clown, beats her to pulp, every time. She is as vindictive and a poor debater, same as Kirstin Powers, both way overpaid on Faux.

Katie Pavlich is the lady to watch. Has a bright future and works hard, very hard.

Arguing against Juan and Bill is chickenshit in comparison. Katie takes on F & F, obama and the entire thuggish circus in DC, with lots of dignity and conviction.

MKH used to be funny and used to work.

All things being relative, which bloggers is she better than and which piece of blogging stands out? I bow to evidence.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Quick glance at the twitter feed and it seems that liberals most outraged by comments by Jindal. Hmmm.

monalisa on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

…Red Ryder BB gun!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM

KOOLAID2: Fully-Automatic Assault Musket!:)

canopfor on March 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Yelling at O’Reilly weekly is deserving of many points.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Plus:

1. what does that have to do with blogging? Should have addressed this sooner.

2. O’Reilly hates bloggers and all related.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Karl Rove does not have to appear and talk himself he wrote all the RINO’s speaches, like McConnell, Christie, Ryan, Cornyn.

Huckabee can not read so he just makes it up as he goes.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM

MKM didn’t deserve the award.

Ace of Spades is far and away a better candidate than she.

NWConservative on March 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Tough crowd.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Because Mitch voted for “constitutional conservative” John Roberts who said it was there.

NWConservative on March 6, 2014 at 1:53 PM

He did and I would have been disappointed with him if he had n’t. Name one conservative senator who did n’t vote for Roberts?

shubalstearns on March 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Dear Mitch,

Drop dead.

Best,

Mr. A

Mr. Arrogant on March 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Don’t know what happened. Sounds like they were retired.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

NWConservative on March 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

There is some guy trying to find out his identity and address so he can be sued. It’s in the courts. I think Ace would take himself out of the running for that reason.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM

O’Reilly hates bloggers and all related.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Bonus.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM

monalisa on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

He is a person of color. Liberals are racists.

Which equals much gnashing of teeth when he criticizes them.

NWConservative on March 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM

At least she still looks better than Fluke.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I’d like to know who votes.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

You’re asking someone to submit their opinion into “evidence.” That’s not how this debate thing works, Butch.

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Tough crowd.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

On serious note the award shows how vacuous and out of touch the Rs really are.

At least she still looks better than Fluke.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Don’t know what your problem is.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Okay, what is the deal with Hot Air, I answered you before you asked! I am AMAZING!!!

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Bonus.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM

For what, ‘blogger of the year’?

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Blog of the year :)

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

On serious note the award shows how vacuous and out of touch the Rs really are.

At least she still looks better than Fluke.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Let me refresh your memories, folks:

John Hawkins of RightWingNews fame was complicit in rat****ing Robert Spencer.

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

AP, did you actually use the words “Mitch McConnell” and the phrase “pander to the Tea Party” in the same sentence with a straight face?

yaedon on March 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

shubalstearns on March 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Still waiting on where we get the constitutional authority to force people to buy a product, since John Roberts is a constitutional conservative.

NWConservative on March 6, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Not a smidgegent of difference between Bill O’Riley and the Climate Change fraud.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 6, 2014 at 2:18 PM

He told me that there was a slight problem: the Tea Party group, which co-sponsored this People’s Choice Blog Award, didn’t want to allow me to receive it at CPAC next week unless I promised not to criticize Grover Norquist and Suhail Khan as I accepted the award.

I told the organizer that I couldn’t agree to that. He asked me if I had planned to talk about Grover and Suhail. I said no, I hadn’t, but I had to now.

So that’s that. The People’s Choice Blog Award is now the Grover’s Choice Blog Award. I will not be going to CPAC and will not be receiving this award.

And since I will not be allowed to receive this award at CPAC, I will talk about Norquist and Khan here.

Thanks for posting that link gryphon202.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Don’t know what your problem is.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:14 PM

No problem at all, Schad. Just saying, asking someone to offer their opinion is not asking them to offer up “evidence.” When you face a difference of opinion, you can either submit facts in support of your opinion, or you can cede a difference of opinion and move on. Saying that “MKH was the best blogger of 2013″ is pure opinion, and if you believe that to not be the case, the burden would be on you in, for example, the Oxford Society to explain why you believe the way you do.

And I have a feeling I’ve just been hooked and reeled in, but there you go.

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I have to say that I was disappointed in Sen. Lee’s reception at CPAC before The Won cut in. He said it was time to stop talking about Reagan and start acting like Reagan and it only got a few standers. Heavy on the Establishment I guess.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Don’t forget this whole thing is put together by a big government, amnesty-loving party hack named Al Cardenas. I’m sure he had the peanut gallery stacked with establishment cheerleaders. Christy got a standing ovation.

Wigglesworth on March 6, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Which was just pounded down by a judge who cited previous frivolous attempts at unmasking bloggers.

NWConservative on March 6, 2014 at 2:19 PM

And let’s not forget this cute little piece of maneuvering.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Don’t you just love the Political Elite Ruling Class…?

Pat Caddell: “The GOP Establishment WANTS the IRS to go after the Tea Party”

Seven Percent Solution on March 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Oddly enough, his reception in the hall today was “lukewarm.”

That’s being extraordinarily polite.

MKH used to be funny and used to work.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

A year of puff pieces. Nothing stands out in my mind.

INC on March 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

As juicy as a BBA is, just do the math.

To achieve a balanced budget there are 3 options, and only 3 options. I grant you the power to decide, for all time and for all people, which one will be used. Ready?

1) Increase taxes to cover spending
2) Decrease spending to match year-to-year revenue
3) Options 1 and 2 in a ratio you will define.

Go!

[cue Final Jeopardy music]

BobMbx on March 6, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Read the amendment. It caps federal spending at 18% of GDP. They can tax all they want, but they can’t spend more than that cap, unless it’s to pay down the principal on the national debt.

If Democrats want to spend more, they’ll have to do something to increase GDP, like pass the Keystone Pipeline or start selling our natural gas to Europe.

Occams Stubble on March 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Thanks again for the link, and your reply. I provided enough reasons why she’s declined in the last years.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Well, I don’t know how hard the work actually is cuz some of it looks fun as he11 – I love her shooting stories/videos.

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

O’Reilly is hysterical over the internet and all social media.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM

O’Reilly is hysterical over the internet and all social media.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Heh, and the hypocrite uses it, via helpers, to make money. He is always bitter’sweet’.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Seven Percent Solution on March 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

They are adorable.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Hey, Turtle !

Every time you allow the Pharaoh or Benedict Roberts to issue an unanswered decree to the peasants… you’re letting me down now.

viking01 on March 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Swoooooooooon…

Seven Percent Solution on March 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM

A year of puff pieces. Nothing stands out in my mind.

INC on March 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Person of substance. It’s not that she doesn’t have it in her, just that her priorities have changed, understandably, but she wants to get the glory and the dough, for mediocrity. Faux and HA accommodate her.

Don’t always agree with AP or Ed, but they do toil to blog well, for ex.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:24 PM

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Right. And I do appreciate that. I’m just saying, asking for examples of her work is not requesting “evidence” insofar as you’re asking people for their opinion.

For what it’s worth, I tend to agree with you. The vast majority of, if not all professional bloggers in the dextrosphere have very little in the way of new news to offer at any given point. Folks like Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller who do bring new and interesting ideas and stories to the table are ostracized for reasons that largely escape me. The only conclusion I can draw is best summed up in three words: Follow the money.

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Reform begins at home.

#DitchMitch

Jeddite on March 6, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Which is why him standing at CPAC and pandering is all the more offensive. It isn’t immigration that he wants done by the next presidential election it is amnesty. If we’re going to have this debate we at least need to be honest about what we are talking about. There isn’t one aspect of immigration involved other than how to make a bunch of worthless parasites legal in time to vote Democrat in 2016.

There is only one aspect of “immigration” worth talking about and that is securing the border. When the RINO from KY or any of his pro-amnesty brethren do something about that, well then we can talk about rewarding the illegals.

Happy Nomad on March 6, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Oops!!!

Frank Thorp V ‏@frankthorpNBC 4m

House Vote Tabling Dem Issa Res Breakdown: GOP: Yea-211 / Nay-0 / Pres-6 DEM: Yea-0 / Nay-186 / Pres-4 TOTAL:Yea-211 / Nay-186 /Pres-10
============

Frank Thorp V ‏@frankthorpNBC 14m

The House just voted 211-186 with 10 present, to table the Dem resolution condemning @DarrellIssa’s actions at y’day’s IRS hearing

canopfor on March 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Loaded for bear.

= Loaded for bull.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:24 PM

It’s more than that. In the case of Geller, who’s most always poison around here…must have had a falling out with MM or the new ones…no idea, but never know why she’d banned/avoided here, by the editors.

In the case of Spencer, it became un-PC to be so openly blunt about the muzzies. AP used to nail them, and how, but not so much any more, except when something extreme happens.

Face it, the joint is now very RINO. One can accept it, or move on, which all are free to do.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I’m a little unhappy with CPAC so far so I don’t care about these awards but it is nice for Hot Air to get some press. As for O’Reilly, he doesn’t even feel like a “real” journalist because he’s on cable. He would give his soul to be back with one of the big three.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I am AMAZING!!!

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Yep.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

O’Reilly is hysterical over the internet and all social media.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM

BOR is a traditional journalist – a journalist who has now risen to be a commentator / analyst as opposed to being a reporter.

He’s old school. He doesn’t understand the internet or social media. He doesn’t want to understand the internet or social media. To him, it’s not only a threat to the way things used to be done – he focuses on the abuses, the trolling, the bullying etc, and see’s it more of something that damages society than benefits society.

He’s like the Publisher of what used to be a fairly significant niche newspaper who told me in 1995 when I spoke to him about the opportunity and power of the internet, that the internet was little more than a fad. That fad ultimately led to the failure of that newspaper because he wouldn’t / couldn’t adapt…and others did.

Athos on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Hey Bmore, how’s Lady Lamar?

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I wholeheartedly agree.

INC on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

He would give his soul to be back with one of the big three.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Don’t think so. He and Ailes make lots of dough and O’R has total freedom at Faux. Paid the most too.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

NWConservative on March 6, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I didn’t realize it had gone to trial, how did I miss that. Good for Ace, the guy trying to sue him is a real wackazoid.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Cindy, meant to say “make money with and in addition to the O’Reilly show”.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Katie won it last year, deservedly so.

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Agreed, hug :)

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I don’t like to toss around the term RINO casually. It suggests that Republican = conservative. Since the 2012 elections, my distaste for the political class has pretty much expanded to be universal.

All the same, I remember when Robert started mirroring his “Blogging the Qu’ran” series here. And just disappeared. And I am as firmly convinced as ever that the excuse Ed gave at the time was a load of bullshit. Just like what John Hawkins and the ACU board said about Robert Spencer last year was a load of bullshit.

I weep for my republic.

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Katie won it last year, deservedly so.

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Yeah, I don’t see it. I tend to agree with Rush’s Ted Baxter analogy for dear old O’Reilly.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Nobody is forcing any of you whiners to be Republicans. But among elected Republicans, the leadership in the Senate and House has been freely elected many times with broad support and little competition.

If you are more intent on defeating Republicans than electing them, there is a party tailor-made for you. They talk trash about our leaders and donors, too.

Go join the Democrats. You work for them anyway, might as well wear the back end of the donkey suit as long as your mouth matches the front.

Adjoran on March 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM

See, Cindy, I’m amazing too. I anticipated what good Flora will say :)

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Mitch certainly is good at making promises.

Pork-Chop on March 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

canopfor on March 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I have to laugh at the discussion of Issa’s “thuggery” clearly these idiots were still their parent’s special snowflakes back when Tip O’Neill or Dan Rostenkowski were committee chairs and the Dems had an overwhelming majority.

Happy Nomad on March 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I weep for my republic.

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Sigh…indeed, on all you said.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Adjoran on March 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM

When they start displaying some loyalty to the Republican base, we’ll start being loyal to them.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Adjoran on March 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM

A pox on all their houses. And yours too, douchebag. GFY.

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

bazil9 on March 6, 2014 at 2:05 PM

XO

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I don’t think suggesting last year’s winner (which I didn’t know either) qualifies either of us for the Psychic Hotline.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Hey Bmore, how’s Lady Lamar?

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Not as pissed off at me as she was yesterday.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Aaaaaaaand

Mitch begins his hollow and meaningless jog to the right.

Astonishing.

yaedon on March 6, 2014 at 2:35 PM

shubalstearns on March 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM

NWConservative on March 6, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Every conservative senator voted for Roberts. Jim De Mint, all of them. He was presented as a constitutional conservative. That was what my comment had to with. It had to do with McConnell’s votes for nominees and had no reference to any particular ruling they would make later.

Nice try.

shubalstearns on March 6, 2014 at 2:35 PM

A year of puff pieces. Nothing stands out in my mind.

INC on March 6, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Will never forget when she threatened to ban some of us, for expressing differing opinions on her “friend Juan”. Laughed the hardest that day on HA. Lost respect instantly. It was so incredibly puerile and unfounded.

I gave her a tad of credit back when she realized her tantrum.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!

’nuff said.

rickv404 on March 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM

thats about as bad as a used car slaes man saying “trust me”.

phatfawzi on March 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Happy Nomad on March 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Just as I said yesterday, Cummings little tantrum was a planned diversion away from the boy king’s health care and foreign policy failures.

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Did you see how we figured her out?

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Look at Mitch McConnell channeling Charlton Heston with the long rifle…
and Mitch’s hands (and heart) are even colder and deader.

Marcola on March 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Nice try.

shubalstearns on March 6, 2014 at 2:35 PM

It couldn’t possibly be that Supreme Court judges are politicians too, could it? Naw!/

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I gave her a tad of credit back when she realized her tantrum.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I remember that. You don’t have a link to the post in question, or at least the thread, do you?

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM

What a joke! Mitch hasn’t even earned control of the Senate and he is already surrendering to the Democrats.

From Hot Air on March 3rd, only three days ago:

Mitch McConnell: If we take back the Senate next year, we’ll consider bringing back the filibuster for appointments

RJL on March 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM

He’s old school.

Athos on March 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

BOR isn’t a traditional journalist raised in the television medium. He’s third generation at best. The group that climbed up the career ladder by sensalistic stories and fluff. He hosted Inside Edition not the Huntley-Brinkley report!

Happy Nomad on March 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM

And some very very interesting Lois Lerner emails. If she were a Republican or we had a real Attorney General her hindquarters would already have charges pending.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I love MKH, but I super-love Allahpundit. Are they unable to give the award to anonymous bloggers?

blink on March 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Or someone who doesn’t play in the echo chamber???

I wonder if Matt Walsh was on that ballot.

If you want to read top notch CONSERVATIVE blogging by someone who is anti-abortion check him out.

check it out

kim roy on March 6, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Ted Baxter O’Reilly got his start on the national stage with “A Current Affair” tabloid of sleaze and debauchery. Sorta the TMZ of the day.

What he won’t do for ratings has yet to be determined.

viking01 on March 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Yep. Faux outrage so the story yesterday was Issa pulling the plug on a racist moron and not the eight legitimate questions that were asked of Lois Lerner.

Happy Nomad on March 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Or someone who doesn’t play in the echo chamber???

I wonder if Matt Walsh was on that ballot.

check it out

kim roy on March 6, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Matt Walsh is freaking brilliant. And he engages his critics in ways that few in the dextrosphere do. I totally have a man-crush on that guy.

gryphon202 on March 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Yep.

Flora Duh on March 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I did indeed. She is as I am an honest type. Why she choose last evening is beyond me. I dare not ask as I do not wish to be in the dog house with her anymore this week. ; ) She does get short with me at times for the time I spend here. Seldom, but sometimes. That may be what motivated her.

Bmore on March 6, 2014 at 2:43 PM

“This way ah’ll git more earmarks for my state even better than before”

jake49 on March 6, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Don’t believe Ayatollah McConnell.

HondaV65 on March 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Hey look it’s the Obama Voter! How’s that working out for you? Enjoying the new Putin fun?? You must – you voted for it!!!

You gearing up to vote for Hillary?

kim roy on March 6, 2014 at 2:44 PM