Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on March 2, 2014 by Allahpundit

I figured Kerry, Susan Rice, or maybe even Biden would be available this morning to chat about Ukraine. Nope: Just Hagel on “Face the Nation,” and he was likely booked earlier in the week to discuss military downsizing, not Crimea and the future of NATO. The White House must have concluded that there’s no way to spin “uncontested arrival” with a straight face so they might as well limit the damage to Hagel, whom no one takes very seriously in the first place. Good thinking, I hate to admit.

Elsewhere, Lindsey Graham will be on “State of the Union” to explain why America’s not being nearly bellicose enough and Ben Affleck will drop by “This Week” to answer questions on Congo and why on earth he thinks he can get away with playing Batman. The full line-up is at Politico.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Totally ignorant, useless, bastard. Another of Clint Eastwood’s empty chairs.

ultracon on March 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Perhaps he is planning the commitment of his “nimble” forces to confront the Russian bear.

rplat on March 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Chuck Hagel…a walking/talking Derp meme…..

BigWyo on March 2, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Lerner’s attorney says she won’t testify, Issa wrong

Uh huh. What did I tell you?

I’m wondering if Lerner’s lawyer set Issa up on this one. Was he playing some cat-and-mouse game over her testimony? Why would he do that? Or did Issa just misunderstand? If so, how could he have gotten that idea, completely at odds with what the lawyer is now saying?

I’m betting Lerner’s lawyer’s phone went crazy directly after Issa’s FNS appearance with other lawyer’s calling to ask him if he had lost his mind. After that legal debacle of her first appearance, having her testify without immunity would be crazy but in line with the idiotic advice he gave her the first time.

novaculus on March 2, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Now Shannon Bream on FNC is promising “further developments” after reporting Lerner’s lawyer was contradicting Issa and saying she won’t testify.

I’m wondering if Lerner’s lawyer is every bit as incompetent as her first appearance before the committee suggests. Did he agree to let her testify, and has been straightened out this morning by wiser heads directly after Issa’s appearance on FNS exposed his most recent folly?

Inquiring minds want to know what the Hell is going on.

novaculus on March 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Smart power, indeed

Schadenfreude on March 2, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Putin stares down Obama over a game of chess. (another bk photoshop)

BKeyser on March 2, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Can you do Hagel, JF’nK, and the REB as the Three Stooges? Maybe with Putin giving them a multi-slap?

slickwillie2001 on March 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM

rplat on March 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I think they have ‘nimble’ confused with ‘flaccid’.

trigon on March 2, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Note to middle east:
obaka is irrelavent.

Rea1ityCheck on March 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Has Romney’s or Palin’s predictions about Russian intentions in the Ukraine come up yet on the Sunday shows, or has that been declared off-limits by JournoList?

slickwillie2001 on March 2, 2014 at 1:45 PM

After 34 years, George Will finally lost me today when he said gay rights should trump religious rights. Since he is now a self-pronounced “amiable atheist” I assume he will take the same position when municipalities start revoking tax exempt status for churches.

senor on March 2, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Not me. Two cups of Kuala K-Cup brand and I am currently able to smell colors.

hawkdriver on March 2, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I’m switching brands and delivery systems, then… thanks for the tip!

ExpressoBold on March 2, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Why does everybody say we should respect Hagel for his service? It’s not like he had any role in strategically prosecuting t war. He was an E-5 for chrissakes! I’ve known many E-5s who were just as full of crap as the next guy. Hell, when I got out of the Air Force in 1983 I was an E-5. Doesn’t make me qualified to run the Pentagon.

Mitoch55 on March 2, 2014 at 7:48 PM