Angry man angry at everyone, but especially at MSNBC

posted at 1:41 pm on February 24, 2014 by Allahpundit

Entertainingly snotty, although if you can’t spare five minutes for the whole thing, here’s a precis courtesy of one of our commenters: “Boo Hoo, I’m rich and famous and people want to take my picture, so I yell at them, and the gays don’t like me anymore. And after all I’ve done for them! So I’m going to move to LA and live behind a gate like all the other actors.” Right. Plus, we learn that Shia LaBeouf’s just as irritating as we all thought.

On the one hand, how seriously should we take a guy who could write a sentence like this in all apparent earnestness?

“[Martin] Bashir brought a depth of experience and polish that I imagined might help get MSNBC to a higher place, content-wise”

Bashir was the network’s bottom-feeder, a guy who occasionally waded into depths of nastiness that even other MSNBC hosts would avoid precisely because he didn’t have much to offer content-wise. He wasn’t the smartest liberal on the network, he certainly wasn’t the liberal with the most Beltway experience, so apparently he resolved to be the meanest. Eventually he waded a little too far and drowned. If Bashir was Baldwin’s Great Highbrow Hope, whom does he consider lowbrow?

On the other hand, the piece does come highly recommended from another guy with a knack for making enemies:

Here’s the good stuff. Note that this isn’t the first time that someone close to MSNBC has accused Rachel Maddow of basically running the network. One of Eliana Johnson’s sources told her the same thing last month. That was dismissed at the time by lefties as conservative hyperbole designed to pin the egregious nastiness of other MSNBC hosts on its biggest star, but now here’s Baldwin relaying a comment to the same effect:

I watched MSNBC, prior to working there, very sporadically. Once I had signed a contract with them, I wanted to see more of what they were about. It turned out to be the same shit all day long. The only difference was who was actually pulling off whatever act they had come up with. Morning Joe was boring. Scarborough is neither eloquent nor funny. And merely cranky doesn’t always work well in the morning. Mika B. is the Margaret Dumont of cable news. I liked Chris Jansing a lot. Very straightforward. I like Lawrence O’Donnell, but he’s too smart to be doing that show. Rachel Maddow is Rachel Maddow, the ultimate wonk/dweeb who got a show, polished it, made it her own. She’s talented. The problem with everybody on MSNBC is none of them are funny, although that doesn’t prevent them from trying to be…

Once they fired me, a former MSNBC employee I knew emailed me. He said, “You watch now, Phil is going to start leaking left and right to bury you.” When I left, “Page Six” was flooded with lies about me. Another told me, regarding the “toxic little queen” comment, that Rachel Maddow was the prime mover in my firing, as she was aghast that I had been hired and viewed me as equivalent to Mel Gibson. Another source told me, “You know who’s going to get you fired, don’t you? Rachel. Phil will do whatever Rachel tells him to do.” I think Rachel Maddow is quite good at what she does. I also think she’s a phony who doesn’t have the same passion for the truth off-camera that she seems to have on the air…

If MSNBC went off the air tomorrow, what difference would it make? If the Huffington Post went out of business tomorrow, what difference would it make? Arianna Huffington accomplished what she wanted to accomplish. She created this wonderful thing. And what have they done with that? They want clicks, I get it. They’ve gotta have clicks for their advertisers, so they’re going to need as much Kim Kardashian and wardrobe malfunctions as possible. The other day, they had a thing on the home page about pimples. Tripe. Liberal and conservative media are now precisely equivalent…

[T]his is Roger Ailes. And Fox. And Breitbart. And this is all about hate. It’s Hate Incorporated. But the liberals have taken the bait and run in the same direction—and it’s just as corrosive. MSNBC, in its own way, is as full of shit, as redundant and as superfluous, as Fox.

That’s the second liberal celebrity in four days to attack MSNBC for becoming as stupid and sensationalist as their worst caricatures of Fox. Bill Maher called Maddow out to her face on Friday night over the network’s weird obsession with Christie’s Bridgegate scandal. (Actual quote: “If it was a Democratic governor not close to New York City, the media capital, would we be talking about it?”) It’s interesting that the Maddow era, which was supposed to be a wonky low-key alternative to the scenery-chewing days of Olbermania, is beset by so many controversies — hosts flying off the handle, reporters hyperventilating over minor scandals, people getting suspended and even fired. Second look at Olby?

Comments

Second look at Olby?

upinak on February 24, 2014 at 1:43 PM

And let me tell you something MSNBC!!

I’m going to put a Foot up your azz!!

ToddPA on February 24, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Second look at Olby?

NO look at Olberdouche. That ould make me nauseous

NoFanofLibs on February 24, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Dear Alec,
We had one position available and thought you could share it with Piers, but you’ve made that decision a bit easier.

Sincerely,
Al Gorezeera

22044 on February 24, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I see he got himself some tiger blood and is now bald-winning!

Flange on February 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I feel sorry for his wife having to put up with him.

NavyMustang on February 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Keith Olbermann One word he uses I can’t endorse. The rest is perfect:
@NYMag This week’s cover story: A candid first-perso… http://tl.gd/n7vdec
7:35 AM – 24 Feb 2014

Baldwin uses the word “tranny.” I think that’s why Olbermann is referring to. No joke.

bluegill on February 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM

It’s quite fitting that the leftist speech police are the ones that took down Capt. Progressive …

Whitey Ford on February 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM

What’s in your wallet? Nothing from Comcast, apparently.

Mr. D on February 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Seriously, Alec. Move to Manitoba and live in a Yurt for a decade. That’ll help mellow you out.

And why do you think Andrew Breitbart is still alive?

Nethicus on February 24, 2014 at 1:49 PM

While much of what Baldwin said in the article is probably true, the fact remains he was not smart enough to understand who he was swimming with MSNBC.

Wade on February 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Winning!

Wino on February 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Well, Bashir was the classiest of MSNBC’s program hosts. Make of that what you will.

Cicero43 on February 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Dogfight between Alec Baldwin, Shia LaBeouf, Martin Bashir, Keith Olbermann, Arianna Huffington, Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher?

Is this the sequel to Alien vs. Predator?

sharrukin on February 24, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Yeah depth in reporting and wading into nastiness are hallmarks of those who dwell in septic tanks.

Happy Nomad on February 24, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I see that with Alec, it’s never his fault. He’s just a legend in his own mind….and infatuated with projecting on others what he specializes in.

Athos on February 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Piers Morgan and “Angry man” within hours…glory, glory…

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Good riddance Baldlose!! Maybe Obama will offer him an ambassadorship in Kenya!!

Deano1952 on February 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM

All the leftist congresscritters, Carl Levin too…

Schadenfreude on February 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Is this the sequel to Alien vs. Predator?

sharrukin on February 24, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Who would be the Predator? They are all chest wound sucking aliens.

upinak on February 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM

He can’t bring himself to point out that he’s the collateral damage of his fellow progressives. They’ve been relentless in controlling the discourse by means of Cultural Marxism, which we joke about at our own peril as ‘political correctness’.

Neither can he bring himself to point out that it was mainly conservatives, e.g. Ann Coulter, who came to his defense.

In other words, I wouldn’t award him much higher than a C– in self-awareness.

Drained Brain on February 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I do agree with him about the media and especially the paparazzi. Yes, I know they’re in the public eye and should expect attention, but what those people do is just plain stalking. Does he have a temper problem? Clearly he does, but I wouldn’t be a fan of having cameras camped out at my door, either.

changer1701 on February 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Who would be the Predator? They are all chest wound sucking aliens.

upinak on February 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Maybe Rachel Maddow if the article is halfway accurate?

sharrukin on February 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM

May Alec find peace in his heart.

Xasprtr on February 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Mongrel race:

Ted Nugent was recently lambasted in the media and by politicians for calling President Obama a “sub-human mongrel,” comments Nugent insisted were “street fighter” slang and not racist. But at least one person has used the term “mongrel” to refer specifically to African Americans — President Obama himself.

Newsninja2012 has dug up footage of Obama using the term on ABC’s The View July, 29, 2010. Says the President:

The interesting thing about the African American experience in this country is that we are sort of a mongrel people. I mean, we’re all kind of mixed up.

And Whoopi Goldberg, who is usually quick to cry racism, uttered approval to being called a mongrel.

How will “mongrel” play in the NFL?

davidk on February 24, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Maybe Rachel Maddow if the article is halfway accurate?

sharrukin on February 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Maybe. Rosie O could work.

upinak on February 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Speaking of toxic little queens, has Ronan Farrow’s show debuted yet?

Joseph K on February 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan

I wouldn’t get too excited @NRA – I’m not done with you yet. #GunControlNow
9:53 AM – 24 Feb 2014

davidk on February 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM

If Rachel Maddow is running things at MSNBC she is not doing a good job. They are last in the ratings.

birdwatcher on February 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM

He could always move to London and adopt a pretentious weird hybrid accent.

workingclass artist on February 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Now,..Baldwin is heading to Sodom/Gomorah Sumpins:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 6m

Alec Baldwin contemplates leaving New York for a more insulated life in Los Angeles http://apne.ws/1cHVflZ
View summary
=============

canopfor on February 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM

May Alec find peace in his heart.

O Lord, won’t you buy him a Mercedes-Benz…

cbenoistd on February 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Is this the sequel to Alien vs. Predator?

sharrukin on February 24, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Who would be the Predator? They are all chest wound sucking aliens.

upinak on February 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Heh – We actually have two HotAirians called Alien & Predator

22044 on February 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Athos on February 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Which is pretty-much standard operating procedure for liberals.

bigmacdaddy on February 24, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan

I wouldn’t get too excited @NRA – I’m not done with you yet. #GunControlNow
9:53 AM – 24 Feb 2014

davidk on February 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM

“I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!”

sharrukin on February 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Not to worry. There’s more where he came from: http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/abcs-dowd-likens-az-religious-freedom-bill-radical-islam

davidk on February 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Too bad he didn’t call Maddow a phony when he was on the air at MSNBC

Iblis on February 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Heh – We actually have two HotAirians called Alien & Predator

22044 on February 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Well then, beam me up Scotty.

upinak on February 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Did he threaten to stone MSNBC to death? Or was he just stoned?

de rigueur on February 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Alec is such a whining middle aged brat, who will never grow up. What did Kim Basinger ever see in this man? I hope that she and now 18 year old daughter Ireland who is 6′ 2″ tall now don’t have to deal with him at all, just cut him out of their lives. No more court order visitation rights for Alec the the Brat.

SC.Charlie on February 24, 2014 at 2:13 PM

At I must admit he got it right about MSNBC, but that is all.

SC.Charlie on February 24, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Olby? No. He personified what is wrong with MSNBC.

sadatoni on February 24, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan

I wouldn’t get too excited @NRA – I’m not done with you yet. #GunControlNow
9:53 AM – 24 Feb 2014

davidk on February 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Piers, sweetie – you’ve been done for a long time now.

Midas on February 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Nick, let me begin by asking you a question. Who would you say, by your estimation, is the most homophobic member of the entertainment industry currently in the media?” And he paused for a long count of four and said, “Um … Alec Baldwin?”

And I said, “Ding, ding, ding, ding! Bingo, Nick, bingo! That’s who you’re talking to.”

He said, “C’mon!”

I said, “Nick, I want to come in and talk.”
============================================

NewsFlash to BaldWin,…your forever laballed!!

canopfor on February 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Props to Baldwin for shooting straight. I think that was actually a pretty heartfelt article. Nobody thinks their own farts smell, and we can see that in Baldwin too, but I do sympathize with the way these folks get treated.

We lived in Asia for a little while and were among only a handful of white people in a big city there. It was pretty hard sometimes to have private moments–lots of people coming up to us, touching our kids, wanting to talk. That’s great, sometimes, but other times you just want to do your day. And maybe not be touched by strangers. We can easily crap on Baldwin but he’s just a human being, and the way people come at him in public is a real thing.

I’m self-aware enough to know that I am to blame for some of this. I definitely should not have reacted the way I did in some of these situations.

Here’s where I’m happy to extend grace to Baldwin. I don’t really care what epithets come to mind for him when he’s angry, and how he uses them. We all have different red lines in our vocabulary, and then we sometimes cross even those. I really don’t care much what he said in anger in public, and if he apologized, then so much the better. What’s interesting to me is that he’s reasonably emotionally intelligent and honest with himself, and that’s actually refreshing.

TexasDan on February 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM

The truth to liberals is hate…

That is the truth.

If they don’t want the truth don’t ask for it. Liberals remind me of the wife that asks if she is overweight, they don’t want to know the truth, if you tell them the truth, they hate you for it.

So yeah liberals, everything in America is peachy keen…

right2bright on February 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Alec Baldwin just doesn’t know when to shut up. If he was serious about leaving public life, he wouldn’t have written this letter announcing that he’s leaving public life. It’s like when an angry commenter on a blog clicks on a story and announces that he/she will never read or comment on that blog ever again. Also, if you want people to leave you alone, then get off TWITTER.

The gay rights activitists will not let anything go because they want to be a protected group and equate sexual preference to the same thing as color of skin and gender. Alec Baldwin should know this and just because he’s a liberal in show business doesn’t give him a pass. He found out the hard way.

lea on February 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Typical leftist blaming everyone else when they need to be looking in the mirror. Wasn’t he supposed to leave the US after Bush won? Why is he still here?

neyney on February 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM

TexasDan on February 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM

We lived in the Philippines and Japan for almost 6 years and our son was young with a full head of very blonde hair. He was constantly under assault by people when we went off base due to his hair. Then it was considered very good luck to rub a child’s head if they had blonde hair. Not sure if that still holds true, but back in the 1980s it was.

At times he didn’t handle it well. I didn’t mind too much but my wife did. We made a few scenes so I can understand some about the press always following him.

Johnnyreb on February 24, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan

I wouldn’t get too excited @NRA – I’m not done with you yet. #GunControlNow
9:53 AM – 24 Feb 2014

I am sure that Morgan’s firing from CNN passed by at NRA headquarters as un-noticed and irrelevant to life as the man himself.

Happy Nomad on February 24, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I read the entire article and was surprised that Baldwin was not an idiot or batch!t crazy like I’d thought. Of course it’s from his personal viewpoint but he’s nowhere near as wacko as those he worked with. Agree with his diss of Morning Joe, the phony.

philw1776 on February 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Are we seeing the beginnings of a Charlie Sheen-esque melt-down?! One can only hope!

easyt65 on February 24, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I stopped right there. Anyone who thinks Maddow is truthful on air doesn’t have a grip on realty.

WisRich on February 24, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I’m really tired of the “maddow is a wonk” opinion. a wonk is an expert on a subject, she is not an expert on anything except reading what they wrote for her.

just because she talks with an air of self-righteousness does not make her a wonk!!

jetch on February 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM

jetch on February 24, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I don’t know about that. She is an expert at snark.

Happy Nomad on February 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Bye you sweaty bloated drunk.

Buttercup on February 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Yawn.

Sacramento on February 24, 2014 at 2:50 PM

TexasDan on February 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Dittoes. What the Left hates, particularly in men, and which they try to squash as much as possible, is forthrightness. Say what you will about the guy, he isn’t afraid to speak his mind. Hitchens had the same quality, and back by an intellect, it can be a powerful antidote to the hypocrisy of the Left.

Here’s hoping Baldwin is …um…evolving.

Cleombrotus on February 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan

I wouldn’t get too excited @NRA – I’m not done with you yet. #GunControlNow
9:53 AM – 24 Feb 2014

davidk on February 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM

davidk:Boyo,..Bitterly Clinging to da end:)

canopfor on February 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Do not let the door hit you on the way out Baldwin. No surprise why he is so good at playing a bullying jerk in movies

Dr.B on February 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I agree with Baldwin. Part of me wants to love Maddow. But I do think MSNBC comes off a little phony.

HillAREwe on February 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM

There is no honor among thieves, Baldwin.

MaxColossus on February 24, 2014 at 3:13 PM

“Second look at Olby” vs. having to keep looking at Rachel Maddow? If those are my two choices, I’m picking Choice #3: pouring lye into my eyeballs.

ajb3 on February 24, 2014 at 3:15 PM

America just doesn’t recognize the greatness of Alec Baldwin. The only way to right our oversight is to crown him Emperor Alec with unlimited powers.

That still might not be enough to make up for our stupidity. I sure hope that he doesn’t move to France as he once threatened. The partnership of France and Alec would mean France ruling the world!

RJL on February 24, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Goodbye public life, eh? For such a narcissistic, combative troll as Baldwin, disappearing gently into the good night will not come easily.

I give him a few months at most. He’ll be back in the news for going looney-tunes on someone else.

xNavigator on February 24, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Athos on February 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Yup

Deafdog on February 24, 2014 at 3:58 PM

In more than one place they call it the lesbian mafia.

Viator on February 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM

“I hate all these haters because their so hateful and they make the culture toxic but my hate for them is the good kind of hate. And don’t take my picture.” This is the liberal d-bag manifesto.

Long Legged MacDaddy on February 24, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I don’t know about that. She is an expert at snark.

Happy Nomad on February 24, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Any liberal who is halfway intelligent usually is. It’s an excellent-sounding substitute for actual cogent argument. It’s how they get away with being wrong all the time — just mock, and you’re golden.

inviolet on February 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM

The interesting thing about all this was how often Baldwin describes the leftist/progressive media as being “just as bad” as Fox and Breitbart and other conservative bogeymen. And he knows the leftist/progressive side quite well, which inclines me to believe it.

But I don’t think he knows Fox or Breitbart or anything on the conservative side well at all. He’s finding out just how nasty the left can be, and just assuming that non-leftists are just as bad.

Sadly, he’ll probably never consider that if he completely misread the nastiness on the left all this time, he might be making false assumptions about everyone else.

There Goes the Neighborhood on February 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM

“What’s in your wallet resume?

partsnlabor on February 24, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Still waiting for Baldwin to leave the country because of an old election result.

You promised. And take Babs with you.

Freelancer on February 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM

So, he is like this on coke and meth, bet he is way nuts on good old white lighting.

Or is just smelling his own butt gas to get high?

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM

“I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!”

sharrukin on February 24, 2014 at 2:11 PM

0barky already has dibs on the dog….

dentarthurdent on February 24, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Part of me wants to love Maddow.
HillAREwe on February 24, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Because you like girly boys who live with mom and dad, sip hot chocolate and wear onesie pjs?

dentarthurdent on February 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Alec might actually be the biggest attention whore in Hollywood.

Laura Castellano on February 24, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Well that would explain the identical viewer ratings, right?

Oh….wait.

Alex Baldwin….still full of shit.

GarandFan on February 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Typical angry alcoholic moral and intellectual reprobate progressive.

Murphy9 on February 24, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Baldwin has the potential to do some good here (for once: a Battle Royale between the totalitarian Lavender Mafia, who dominate the media elites, and Angry Foul Mouth Progressive Baldwin.

vilebody on February 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM

When James Brown finished singing “please, please, please”, fell to his knees, and Danny Ray came out with the cape to drape over him as he stumbled from the stage, did you think he wasn’t coming back? Duh. We are no more rid of this creep than herpes.

cosifantutte on February 24, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Only if an atomic bomb is dropped on all of them.

Myron Falwell on February 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Mika B. is the Margaret Dumont of cable news.

Good one. I laughed.

Moesart on February 25, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Imagine a demtard like Baldwin approving a “phony” … Obama rings a bell.
“Phony” is just a word for lier’s who’ve been outed.

kregg on February 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Go off yourself, old hollywood reject, get it overwith.

TX-96 on February 25, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Talk about mixed feelings…

I know a lot of people who think like Baldwin. Of course, it takes time to know that because they don’t talk like Baldwin…at least not until they know you better and even then, it only comes out one short diatribe at a time.

For some reason, guys like Baldwin were born without the “think about it and let it sit for awhile before you open your mouth” gene.

Of course, some people also apparently go through life angry. In that regard, Baldwin and Olbermann seem to have a lot in common. The difference is that Baldwin strikes out when his narcissistic side is insulted, while Olbermann seems to glory in both his narcissism and hurting others…truly a double threat player.

And I must admit to a certain wish not to comment negatively on anyone who criticized the thinking and beliefs of Maddow…talk about mixed feelings…

TKPedersen42 on February 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM