Wells Fargo sued by employee fired for concealed carrying at work

posted at 6:31 pm on February 23, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

Another interesting Second Amendment case is coming up before the courts, and yes… it’s from Florida again. Wells Fargo is facing a legal challenge from one of their bank managers who was fired for coming to work while carrying her weapon concealed.

Ivette Ros grew up in a house where her father kept guns. For her, it was a natural step to get a concealed weapons permit and then to carry a 9 mm handgun.

The 37-year-old Tampa resident is a single mother of three children and said she carries the gun for safety.

“It’s just something about having it versus not having it,” she said. “I feel naked when I don’t have my gun.”

Her employer didn’t feel the same way. Carrying the gun got her fired, she said.

Ros has filed a lawsuit in circuit court against Wells Fargo Bank, which she said fired her last year from her job as manager at the bank’s Oldsmar branch. Her lawsuit says the firing violated her constitutional right to carry arms and asks for monetary damages and attorney fees.

“I’m a manager of a bank,” Ros said. “We have a lot of robberies that happen in our banks. I feel safer having that weapon if I ever needed to protect my employees.”

I love a good Stand Up For Your Second Amendment Rights story as much or more than the next guy, but this one looks complicated. There are several elements to consider up front. Ms. Ros is a legal holder of a concealed carry permit. She also works in a profession which certainly invites the possibility of violent attacks on the job. (She works in a bank… they get robbed sometimes.) She sometimes carried her weapon to her job but left it locked in her car. Other times she would keep it in her purse during the workday. It was in the latter case when somebody noticed that she had her handgun with her, reported her, and the company subsequently fired her.

These things vary from state to state, and perhaps it’s just because I’ve spent so much time in the anti-gun climate of New York, but I don’t know if the employer has as much of a losing case as Ros’s attorney seems to think. While she will seek to present this as a Second Amendment case, I can see the defense arguing that the employer has the right to set rules for workplace activities. Companies can fire workers for transgressions as minor as violating dress code by wearing jeans instead of slacks. They can forbid the carrying of cameras, laptops or recording devices in the workplace. They can seemingly violate your 1st amendment rights by forbidding talking about non-work related subjects during working hours.

Further, the argument about her job at a bank being particularly subject to armed attack may not carry enough weight either. The bank may simply say that they employ armed guards to protect the workers, clients and assets, and it is their prerogative as to who will do the armed protecting. I’m not sure how sympathetic they will be in this case.

Of course, one of the best arguments in terms of hoping that Ms. Ros prevails is that it just drives the gun grabbers insane.

Florida has more than its share of gun rights cases going on in addition to this one, so it may be the starting point for additional clarity from the courts on a number of related subjects. And some of them are sure to drive the Left equally crazy. Just take the case of the blind man who had his guns returned to him after shooting an intruder. Cue the heads exploding in five… four… three… two…

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Wells Fargo sued by employee fired for concealed carrying at work

…well…they sure aren’t living up to their namesake!

KOOLAID2 on February 23, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Damn. You’d think they would have given her a raise instead of firing her…

OmahaConservative on February 23, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Putin’s little fingers in the Ukraine, Cuban agents in Venezuela and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt all remind us how uniquely vulnerable democracy is totalitarianism. In the United States, cities aren’t burning and streets aren’t filling up with bloodied bodies, but the government of phone and pen also shows us that we are always one election away from losing our freedom.

davidk on February 23, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I suppose a private employer can set whatever policy they like on company property. (The intelligence, or lack thereof, of said policy is irrelevant.)

I’m more interested in why some whiny panty-waist felt the need to go tattling to the boss about it.

Can’t help wondering if there’s a racial component to the story. (See! I can play that card too!)

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Good luck, Ms. Ros.

majorzot on February 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I do like me some pretty Spanish girls…

Lanceman on February 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I do like me some pretty Spanish girls…

Lanceman on February 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM

She is a fetching young lass, isn’t she?

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM

TN just passed a law that an employer cannot prevent person with a concealed carry permit from locking the weapon up in their automobile in the company parking lot, although can still prevent said permit carrier from bringing it into the building…the thinking is that the auto is the personal property of the employee, and that take precedence over the parking lot being the personal property of the company.

ladyingray on February 23, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Tell me why Wells Fargo trucks are guarded by men with guns?

mixplix on February 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM

You can’t bring a gun to work. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. You know how many unstable coworkers I have? Holy crap if one had a gun I’d run for my life.

tlynch001 on February 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM

She is a fetching young lass, isn’t she?

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I especially like the fuego en la barriga.

Lanceman on February 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Does the state’s conceal carry law allow individual owners to set gun policy for their establishment? If so, she doesn’t have a case, regardless of the second amendment. She can carry everywhere else but her bank, which already has armed security. Now, whether that armed security is worth their salt, who knows, but if the bank is robbed and Ivette Ros is injured, then maybe then she can sue.

HillC Liver Spot on February 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM

The solution to all these issues is obvious: pass a law requiring all adult citizens to purchase and carry a firearm.

And make sure to call it a tax so that the SCOTUS upholds it as constitutional …

ShainS on February 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Employers can prohibit employees from wearing religious-related items at work. As Jazz mentioned, they can also dictate what kind of speech you can use there too. Our rights simply aren’t unlimited.

Ros will lose this case.

segasagez on February 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Wells Fargo’s war on women…… Oh and I think they hate Hispanics too….

*We really do need to start doing this just to point out the stupidity of the dimbocraps accusations of the R’s war on women.

VegasRick on February 23, 2014 at 6:44 PM

How big is the Oldsmar branch? Does it even have any security guards? I would think that’s relevant.

I haven’t been in a bank in a while, because we’ve been with a credit union for years, however, I’ve yet to see an armed security guard in the small Florida credit unions I’ve been in.

Even if it does have security guards, I’d think robbers would target them first. They wouldn’t be expecting a bank manager to be carrying.

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Good point. Who went and told tales, and why?

INC on February 23, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Ros will lose this case. I sure do love defenseless women and the State!

segasagez on February 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Murphy9 on February 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Wells Fargo , like old west Wells Fargo, riding shotgun on the wagon. I guess times have changed. If you get robbed the gubmint will bail you out but if an employee shoots a would be robber….well then it’s a big time lawsuit against the company

jaywemm on February 23, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Ros will lose this case.

segasagez on February 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM

True, and I’m not sure if it’s unfortunate.

I carry a gun and most of my jobs more or less prohibit it.

Two things: Carry it and keep your yap shut about it and decide if the job can be lost with no ill effect.

I’m always amazed at these Pizza Hut drivers that take the company policy so seriously. It’s your own personal vehicle. The company cannot search it. If you ever need to shoot someone, and it’s happened more times than I’d care to count, is a pizza delivery job worth your life? In other words, carry the damned gun and shut up about it!

Lanceman on February 23, 2014 at 6:48 PM

As much as I sympathize with her, Wells Fargo’s property rights trump her Second Amendment rights. The Bill of Rights constrains the government not property owners.

jerryofva on February 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM

I think the employer should be able to set the conditions of employment, but I wonder if they did in fact have a policy of not allowing guns/CC before they fired her?

sharrukin on February 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Murphy9 on February 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM

It’s particular comforting that she sometimes brought the gun in with her and sometimes left it in the car. Maybe she knew what robbing days were more likely to occur. Or maybe she forgot she had the gun on her.

segasagez on February 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Oh and I think they hate Hispanics too….

VegasRick on February 23, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Good point. Who went and told tales, and why?

INC on February 23, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Obviously, this co-worker has a problem with Hispanic women carrying firearms.

Do they perhaps buy into the stereotype of Hispanic women being hot-tempered?

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Why bother? If it goes all the way to the Supreme Court, Roberts will just call it a tax.

Don L on February 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Don:

Do you think you a Constitutional right to tell someone what can do with his property?

jerryofva on February 23, 2014 at 7:03 PM

ladyingray on February 23, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Also, banning guns in a parking lot means that the citizen can’t carry a gun on their person or in their car on the trip to and from work and every stop on the way. That’s why the grabbers like this rule so much.

slickwillie2001 on February 23, 2014 at 7:04 PM

If the government can say that companies must make a religious accommodation regarding clothing (Title VII), I don’t see why a state can’t say that companies have to allow guns in purses. Not that Florida has such a law.

DisneyFan on February 23, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Murphy9 on February 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM

segasagez on February 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I suppose being the bank manager she would know when big payroll deliveries were made, or large transfers of cash were to occur, -exactly the kind of information very useful to bank robbers.

slickwillie2001 on February 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM

… is a single mother of three children…

Is this really relevant to the story? When is society going to stop giving single mothers sainthood status?

MrsGsBoyTommy on February 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Don’t like it, but that’s how it is. My own employer doesnt allow field staff to open/conceal carry. If I/you dont like it, I/you can always find a paycheck elsewhere.

Jeddite on February 23, 2014 at 7:07 PM

if they say they hire armed guards then weapons free zone is a misnomer isn’t it?
seems to me they got an extra armed guard for free, she should sue for lost wages too.
if a baker cannot choose who they sell too a bank can’t choose who gets constitutional rights.
f* em
she’ll probably lose but I commend her for trying.

dmacleo on February 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Any policy that drives libs nuts is fine by me.

307wolverine on February 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM

segasagez on February 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Friday is most popular day for bank robberies, FBI says

Anyone with half a brain could figure that one out. I’m sorry your brain deficient.

NotCoach on February 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Two things, first, I’m also a Wells Fargo employee, we are not allowed to bring anything to work that’s primary function is to cause harm or injury to another. If you don’t like that policy, find a different employer unfortunately. Second, my office has a coach gun used back in the day on display in our lobby. Just a bit hypocritical.

cadams on February 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM

tlynch001 on February 23, 2014 at 6:40 PM

We don’t all work in halfway-houses.

slickwillie2001 on February 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

You can’t conceal/carry in hospitals or on airplanes, either. This case can be settled in 5 minutes.

Marcus on February 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

A private property can dedicate terms on their property.

I’m not even sure why this is news.

liberalrules on February 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

That’s right. Let’s talk about how stupid the troll is, dictate versus dedicate. You sound like that hobbit from the Goonies movie.

HillC Liver Spot on February 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Wells Fargo does indeed have the right to fire someone for legal concealed carry on their premises, just as I have the right to change my mind about the bank I was going to switch to now that I have finally run out of patience with my current one’s sloppy service. Thanks for the heads-up, Ros, and good luck.

Ray Van Dune on February 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM

cadams on February 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM

It’s most likely a replica. No way to chamber or fire real ammo.

Lanceman on February 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM

A private property can dedicate terms on their property.

liberalrules on February 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

That should rule the day.

Unless the business on that property does not own the entire property. Or if it takes government (public) money (bailout). Or is subject of other government (public) oversight.

The left wanted these things. They must accept the consequences.

cozmo on February 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM

liberalrules on February 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Still won’t tell us what your first language is? Spanish? Hindi? Austrian?

slickwillie2001 on February 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM

… is a single mother of three children…

MrsGsBoyTommy on February 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Not suggesting she be canonized, but I suppose the point was that her job was their sole means (or at least their primary means) of support.

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM

The question is: does the bank have a written policy? The article implies that it does. If you want to do this, you need to make an issue of it rather than unilaterally breaking company policy.

Fenris on February 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM

It’s funny listening to a liberal troll talk about private property rights.

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Still won’t tell us what your first language is? Spanish? Hindi? Austrian?

slickwillie2001 on February 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Chioma here is Haitian. Prolly raised in the states, though.

Lanceman on February 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Segasasasagez-

Not surprisingly …a lot more complex than your tiny little head can handle.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

In other words, Cweole.

Lanceman on February 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Playing the Democrats’ game:

Ivette Ros looks like she has some Hispanic ancestry, so that would make Wells-Fargo racist, anti-woman and anti-Bill of Rights.

Who wants to do business with such a company?

RJL on February 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM

sharrukin on February 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I’m sure they had that policy in place when she was hired and would have known about that. If not at that time then they could have enacted that later, but they would have advised all employees.

If she carried in her purse, then how would anyone have known about it?

If the bank had a sign in the yard that it was a gun free zone like the schools do, maybe she has a case:-)

bluefox on February 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Frankly, I’m more focused on the rat that turned her in. Pendejo (or pendeja, as the case may be)!

princetrumpet on February 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Anybody who doesn’t support Wells Fargo and claims to believe in the Constitution is no different from a Progressive who ignores Constitution principles.

jerryofva on February 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM

An attractive woman with a gun…yeah, I went there…

ToddPA on February 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM

liberalrules on February 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Still won’t tell us what your first language is? Spanish? Hindi? Austrian?

slickwillie2001 on February 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM

…it’s retarded sir!

KOOLAID2 on February 23, 2014 at 7:27 PM

jerryofva on February 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Oh, I support Wells Fargo wholeheartedly in this case. Their property, their rules.

I just want to know why her clearly racist coworker has an issue with Hispanic women carrying guns.

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM

jerryofva on February 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Before adjudication?

Bless your heart.

cozmo on February 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM

private property can dedicate terms on their property.

I’m not even sure why this is news.

liberalrules on February 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Not surprisingly …a lot more complex than your tiny little head can handle.

I love how you flee threads.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

jerryofva on February 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM

They have the right to act as they did. That doesn’t mean that they should have acted as they did.

sharrukin on February 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I love how you flee threads.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM

The ol’ “Crap and Dash,” we call it.

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 7:31 PM

A private property can dedicate terms on their property.

I’m not even sure why this is news.

liberalrules on February 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

A private property can do that?

Man, I hope my yard never decides to post “No Peeing On Me” signs because the dogs would get mighty upset.

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM

jerryofva on February 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM

NOT that simple. I can back them from a constitutional perspective and still be in great disagreement with their policy.

We have those stickers on our doors at working making it clear that it is a gun free zone. We are on the edge of some high crime areas. NOT real smart.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Sharruken:

Read my original post for my opinion.

jerryofva on February 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM

It’s funny listening to a liberal troll talk about private property rights.

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

This.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM

I think an angle not being looked at here is the potential she put others in danger by leaving her handgun in her unsecured handbag. What would be the hypothetical if a CCW permit-holder leaves their gun unattended and someone were to then take the gun and go on a killing rampage? Would the gun owner be vulnerable to a charge of criminal negligence? Does leaving a gun unsecured represent a potential counter-suit by WF?

jbarker4682 on February 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM

18 USC 241, taken literally…

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States….

Seems to protect the now (post-Heller) constitutionally-guaranteed RKBA against all infringements, private as well as governmental.

PersonFromPorlock on February 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Exactly. You have to make an accommodation for religious clothing unless it creates an undue hardship on the business. And an undue hardship is generally NOT considered something that might potentially bother coworkers or customers. It usually has to be more substantial than that.

So, to the liberals posting here, I ask, if the government can demand that of companies, why can’t a conservative government protect gun owners?

DisneyFan on February 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Maybe she should have tried one of those bra holsters. (Ok, I admit it, that wasn’t a very relevant point. I just wanted the visual.)

WhatSlushfund on February 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM

A private property can dedicate terms on their property.

liberalrules on February 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

So, a hotel owner can refuse someone service based on their sexual orientation or color of their skin?

So, a baker can refuse to bake a wedding cake for a gay wedding?

Firefly_76 on February 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM

A private property can dedicate terms on their property.

I’m not even sure why this is news.

liberalrules on February 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM

A private property can also “dedicate” terms?

“To my dearest friend,

Love,
The Property”

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Telling a bank manager that she can’t pack at work? Alrightyyy, then.

whatcat on February 23, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Virginia Tech had a police force.
That movie theater in Aurora had security.
The Washington Navy Yard had a security force.

How’d that work out?

Happy Nomad on February 23, 2014 at 7:40 PM

So, a baker can refuse to bake a wedding cake for a gay wedding?

Firefly_76 on February 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM

liberalrules’ response was already recorded for your viewing pleasure:

‘apples and oranges’

You’re not dealing with a person with any great ability to reason or deal with the complicated.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:40 PM

A private property can also “dedicate” terms?

“To my dearest friend,

Love,
The Property”

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Cut him a break. I am sure he supports the idea that ‘corporations’ are people. This is just an extension of that belief.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM

PFP: If the Second Amendment trumps property rights so does the First. So I guess I can show up at your door and harangue you on Global Warming and you can’t do anything about it. The Bill of Rights applies to the government not private citizens. I bet you and all the others supporting Ms. Ros claim to be Libertarians.

jerryofva on February 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Virginia Tech had a police force.
That movie theater in Aurora had security.
The Washington Navy Yard had a security force.

How’d that work out?

Happy Nomad on February 23, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I am sure all of the feminist groups will be out in support of this woman her rights and in support of her ability to control her own destiny.

We will hear them also ask Wells Fargo why they don’t trust women. Heck if we cannot trust this woman with a gun just how can we trust her with a child or other peoples’ money?

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:47 PM

In most concealed carry states, a private business has the right to decide if a customer can carry a concealed firearm on their premise. This is done by posting a No-Concealed Carry sign.

If this is true in Florida, was the bank a posted no carry zone? I would think she might have a case, if the bank was not posted as no-carry.

Then again, it’s Florida – I would hope this would prompt a law prohibiting a private company from prohibiting a lawful, licensed activity on their property.

jackal40 on February 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM

So, a baker can refuse to bake a wedding cake for a gay wedding?

Firefly_76 on February 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM

liberalrules’ response was already recorded for your viewing pleasure:

‘apples and oranges’

I whole heartedly agree that a shop-owner should be able to decide who they wish to serve, or at very least be able to decide the type of products they want to sell (ie no gay themed wedding cakes), but there is a difference in this comparison. She was an EMPLOYEE, not a CUSTOMER, and she most likely signed multiple pieces of documentation when she was hired stating that guns were not allowed on company property. Its pretty standard boilerplate when getting hired, especially at places like banks. I’m all for CCW, but IMO this is not a good example of the principle.

jbarker4682 on February 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Is this thing on? Why are none of my posts appearing?

jbarker4682 on February 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Wise Latina woman, and a hot babe to boot…

OmahaConservative on February 23, 2014 at 7:52 PM

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Isn’t she supposed to control her own destiny by pissing on herself?

Happy Nomad on February 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM

The only relevant fact for this case, that I did not see anywhere in this thread so far is – Does Wells Fargo have a written company policy that all employees would know about that forbids employees from concealed carry on the job?

If so, especially as a manager, she should have known better, and she knew she was risking her job by bringing the gun into the office – so she loses.

If the policy is not written in an employee handbook of some kind for all employees, and it was not stated as a policy in any other way, she should win this.

dentarthurdent on February 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Going further, can an employee at a convenience store also carry while at work? Convenience stores get held up all the time. How about a gas station attendant working graveyard shift?

Personal opinion: She’ll lose.

GarandFan on February 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Wells Fargo are nothing more than a bunch of filthy loan sharks praying on desperate people.

The rates they charge are borderline criminal.

Pegcity on February 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM

The rates they charge are borderline criminal.

Pegcity on February 23, 2014 at 7:55 PM

And think of those poor people who are forced at gunpoint to do business with them!

Murphy9 on February 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

CurtZHP on February 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM

she’s a White Hispanic.

ToddPA on February 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:40 PM

True, but it is fun pointing out the hypocrisy.

jbarker4682 on February 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Also true. But, I believe it would have to be written in the employment guidelines/rules before firing her for it (I’m assuming it was).

Firefly_76 on February 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I believe in 2nd Amendment rights. I also believe in property rights. If the property owner’s policy is no guns, then no guns it is.

If someone came into my house and started smoking (which, in my part of the world, has not been rendered illegal) I’d tell them to stop or, at least, go outside. My house, my rules.

Wells Fargo’s property rights, Wells Fargo’s rules.

Ruckus_Tom on February 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

jbarker4682 on February 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Do you suppose she signed anything agreeing to a dress code?

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

“It’s a low risk job….”

“Sheila Jackson-IQ 20-Lee

viking01 on February 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

A private property can do that?

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Must be that whole libtard animated inanimate objects thing.
Guns shoot people – and jump out of boats on their own (or through ice fishing holes), knives stab people, storms kill people, cars kill people, etc etc….

dentarthurdent on February 23, 2014 at 7:58 PM

“It’s a low risk job….”

“Sheila Jackson-IQ 20-Lee

viking01 on February 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

IQ of 20, huh?

I’ve heard of being generous, but Christ all mighty.

ToddPA on February 23, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Personal opinion: She’ll lose.

GarandFan on February 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Of course, she will likely lose but it is not as cut and dry as some think. BTW your first comment is simplistic. Come visit sometime I will take you to some gas stations/convenience stores. You will see guns behind the counter.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Wells Fargo’s property rights, Wells Fargo’s rules.

Ruckus_Tom on February 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

If I see this comment in any variation again I think I will scream loud enough for you all to hear.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 23, 2014 at 8:04 PM

dentarthurdent on February 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Good point.

WhatSlushfund on February 23, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Personal opinion: She’ll lose.

GarandFan on February 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Depends on the store and company policy.
Lots of businesses have policies that employees are not to confront, fight, resist, or chase a robber – just hand over the money and hope they don’t kill you.
I personally think it’s stupid, but if that’s the company policy, and they tell you, and you take the job, you know what you’re supposed to do, and you’re accepting the risk – and if you do otherwise, you will get fired.

I can’t bring my CCW on the military base where I work either – or face a felony charge. So I deal with it – I don’t like it, but I deal with it.

dentarthurdent on February 23, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Wells Fargo’s property rights, Wells Fargo’s rules.
Ruckus_Tom on February 23, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I dunno that the various state’s property rights laws trump the Constitution, especially when the state law permits conceal-carry.

My thinkin’ on this in particular is bank managers should be required to C-C, after they’ve gone through NRA/other training.

whatcat on February 23, 2014 at 8:07 PM

OOTD is up…

OmahaConservative on February 23, 2014 at 8:08 PM

In Texas-employers have the right to deny employees the right to carry on duty. The employer doesn’t even need to have a formal, written down policy. The policy can be verbal. Wally doesn’t allow us to carry on the clock-what I do if I shop on my days off is MY business.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 23, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Personal opinion: She’ll lose.

GarandFan on February 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM

That really is going to be determined in the details of “company policy” and who blinks first. My guess is that there will be an out-of-court settlement.

Happy Nomad on February 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM