Primary challenger to Pat Roberts found to have some curious Facebook postings; Update: Wolf statement added

posted at 11:01 am on February 23, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

In the GOP Senate primary in Kansas, Pat Roberts has drawn a challenge from Dr. Milton Wolf, a physician and distant cousin of President Obama. The race has drawn more attention than it otherwise might ever since it was alleged that Senator Roberts wasn’t actually keeping a home in the state he serves. All of this politico action has given a boost to Dr. Wolf, but has also drawn the predictable scrutiny and oppo research that any viable candidate faces.

This weekend the digging turned up some rather curious images on Wolf’s previous Facebook page – now replaced with a Senate candidacy site – and they are raising questions of ethics, or at least a rather questionable sense of humor.

U.S. Senate candidate Milton Wolf posted a collection of gruesome X-ray images of gunshot fatalities and medical injuries to his Facebook page and participated in online commentary layered with macabre jokes and descriptions of carnage.

Wolf, a Johnson County radiologist anchoring a campaign for the Republican nomination with calls for federal heath care reform, said in an interview the medical images were legally uploaded to public social media sites and other online venues for educational purposes. They also served, he said, to demonstrate evil lurking in the world.

A doctor publishing medical material for educational purposes shouldn’t raise any eyebrows, but it appears that the real questions arose concerning some of his entries in the comments section.

Wolf and others viewing these Facebook postings relentlessly poked fun at the dead or wounded. The gunshot victim, Wolf joked online, wasn’t going to complain about the awkward positioning of his head for an X-ray. In a separate Facebook comment, Wolf wrote that an X-ray of a man decapitated by gunfire resembled a wounded alien in a “Terminator” film and that the image offered evidence people “find beauty in different things.”

It doesn’t sound like anything actionable, but it paints the candidate in a pretty poor light. Further, circling back to the question of publishing such material, even if the identity of the victims was removed, you have to wonder how many people showed up with those types of wounds in the same period. It probably wasn’t too difficult to figure out who they were, so even if it’s not a technical violation of HIPAA restrictions it certainly looks like poor judgement.

Yet another lesson for those looking to launch a career in politics and those who support them. Vetting is critical, and doing a thorough check of the aspiring candidate’s social media sites should be a no-brainer. Roberts has seen his disapproval numbers climbing over the past year, though he still holds a comfortable lead over both Wolf in the August primary and his Democrat challenger in the general election. But even if Roberts turns out to be seriously vulnerable, any further discoveries such as this may wind up showing that Dr. Wolf simply wasn’t ready for prime time.

Update (Ed): Dr. Wolf has updated his website with this statement:

My training as a diagnostic radiologist included the critical component of studying medical images published both in textbooks and online. I have myself authored and published educational material that teaches medical imaging to medical students and doctors. Of the thousands of medical images I have published I have taken care to maintain patient privacy.

Several years ago I made some comments about these images that were insensitive to the seriousness of what the images revealed. Soon thereafter, I removed those images and comments, again several years ago. For them to be published in a much more public context now, by a political adversary who would rather declare war on doctors than answer serious questions that Kansans have, is truly sad. However, my mistakes are my own and I take full responsibility for them.

I have said throughout this campaign and long before it began that I bear the scars of taking the Oath to my patients. When I was 15 years old, I stood at my father’s bedside, himself a rural doctor, and watched him take his last breath. It was at that moment that I knew I would take his torch and dedicate my life to serving patients in need. I’m reminded just how extraordinarily difficult the burden is when I have failed to live up to his example.

It is an incredible honor and an enormous burden to work shoulder-to-shoulder with dedicated people who every day run towards the screaming instead of away. The cumulative effect of day after day, year after year, witnessing so much human suffering, so much tragedy, takes its toll. I’ve seen the burdens of practicing medicine tear apart families and drive good people to vice and as great as the honor is to serve, I would still not wish the burdens of it upon anyone. To those I have offended, I am truly sorry and I ask for your forgiveness.

And now, years later, because I have declared that I am willing to stand up for my country, Senator Pat Roberts wants to attack me as a doctor rather than giving Kansans a reason to vote for him. It’s sad. Pat Roberts has not been able to identify a single issue on which he thinks I am wrong and so he’s doing things the Washington way: character assassination. Kansans should know that I will not be intimidated by their bullying. I did not back down when Barack Obama’s IRS audited me and I will not back down from the desperate attacks of a 47-year Washington insider either.

Update (Ed): Glenn Reynolds’ point is worth noting:

Okay, by NRSC, I really mean the NRSC’s Brad Dayspring. I follow him, and I like his tweets. But he’s been hammering this all day and it’s a dreadful, dreadful mistake. I accept his claim that he’s just interested in making sure the seat goes GOP. But when the NRSC gets out and attacks a Tea Party challenger — and that, make no mistake, is what’s going on — it poisons the well. There’s basically no trust for the GOP establishment among the base. If they stay home in 2014 like they did in 2012 because they feel betrayed by the establishment, what should be a wave election won’t be.

I get that, too, especially on stuff like this. The issue of TARP and Bevin’s position in Kentucky is a real issue of trustworthiness; this Wolf thing isn’t even really germane to policy or politics, and it’s apparently pretty old on top of it. The NRSC should give this kind of thing a wide berth.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

The clear point of this article is that Jazz Shaw is the problem, and just like Ted Nugent, Milton Wolf has absolutely nothing to apologize for. Right, guys?

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Let’s go out guns blazing Geriatric Old Progressives. You stand for nothing, you run on nothing, maybe you can put in your campaign slogan “Saving Big Bird and Turtle Bridges” because that is the only thing you got. You guys are so desperate for relevancy you take a stab at the “binders of women” mantra

Brock Robamney on February 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Brock Robamney on February 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Wait, what?

thebrokenrattle on February 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM

It now a disqualification for any republican candidate to ever joke about anything. As long as it keeps the RINO’s in office who continue to drive us off the fiscal cliff, which it truley the only thing that is not a joke.

WilsonReagan on February 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

but it paints the candidate in a pretty poor light.

Hardly.

I don’t know this Wolf character from Adam and, frankly, I don’t care about anyone in the GOP, but this is a big nothingburger. “Ooooh. He made jokes about x-rays …. Ooooooh.”

WTFFF?

The fact that the guy had a Farcebook page … now, that paints him a pretty poor light.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

It kind of leads me to wonder how many skeletons Mitch McConnell and Crybaby Boehner have stuffed comfortably out of sight in their closets. Unless those two spent their entire lives with an eye towards politics, which I suppose is plausible…

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Am I to understand that you don’t? Even if it causes your opinion of me to drop a notch from wherever it was, I’ll admit that I do. ;)

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Meh

I find the progressivism of Pat Roberts & Jazz Shaw far more objectionable

Norwegian on February 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Notice the problem with the Purity Police. They don’t bother to vet anyone before backing them. All you have to do is check all the right boxes on the issues survey, say something insulting about GOP leadership, and they are 100% behind you. Bevin, Wolf, O’Donnell, Miller, Buck, Maese, Mourdock, Angle . . .

And then anyone who points out that, for example, Wolf is kinda freaky or that Christine O’Donnell is out for the money, is instantly labeled a RINO traitor.

Crazy? Sure. They don’t call it the “lunatic fringe” for nothin’.

Adjoran on February 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Oligarchs 2014 and 2016

Murphy9 on February 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Welp, guess we’ll just hafta vote for the Democrat then, huh?

Jeddite on February 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Crazy? Sure. They don’t call it the “lunatic fringe” for nothin’.

Adjoran on February 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

But McConnell and Boehner don’t have anything at all that will come back to bite them. You know why not? Cause they work with Democrats. If wanting my government to follow the damn constitution makes me a member of the “purity police,” then so be it. Guilty as charged.

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Am I to understand that you don’t?

Never even considered it.

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Heh. It was nice talking to you. Have a good life :) :)

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Ugh….Jazz Shaw the RINO trying to dredge up dirt on a tea partier to protect RINO incumbents…that’s the story here.

The_Conservative on February 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM

WilsonReagan on February 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

You don’t seem to give a damn, but a doctor posting pictures of his patients on his Facebook page sure makes me uneasy. You must have a very low opinion of Kansans if you think they’ll ignore a breach of trust like that.

Then again, I’ve underestimated the true potential of how insular and ignorant the TruCons on this site have become many times. You guys are certainly willing to exceed expectations.

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM

When 2020 rolls around, we’ll be hand-wringing about some Republican candidate’s tweets from 2013 calling Sandra Fluke a hussy and implying that the only men Lena Dunham ever dated were named “Ben & Jerry”.

Jeddite on February 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Ted Nugent isn’t running for anything and isn’t likely to ever have any impact on my life other than if I were to spend money on his music. People aren’t responsible for other people’s rude comments but I also fail to see why anyone feels the need to campaign with Mr. Nugent. Dr. Wolf’s comments will have to be weighed, just as Sen. Roberts real obligations, which are probably centered around D.C. and his own power and bank account. People will decide and since Obama was elected twice, I am no optimistic.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

No, Gryphon. It’s because they’re reasonably intelligent human beings. Facebook and Twitter work the same way for them as for Howling Wolf, but they’ve got two brain cells to rub together and know not to put material online openly mocking the dead.

And another Teahadist blows himself up for no result.

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

All you have to do is check all the right boxes on the issues survey,

Adjoran on February 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Really, the nerve! Supporting politicians based on issues … the HORROR!! “Moderates” are not slaves to issues or principles. They know that creases and the ability to happily submit are much more important in a politician.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

The_Conservative on February 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Why do we need to be discussing Milton Wolf’s Facebook page here? Why can’t we just let the Dems do what the Dems do? Oh no. Not good enough. We’re the honorable party! We’re the better party! Therefore we must aid the Dems in their opposition research!

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

So he has a cruel sense of humor. So f8cking what? I prefer anti-pc humor. The reason why conservatives rally around the Nugent types is because they don’t take bullshit from anyone.

nobar on February 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Certainly not of Todd Akin quality, but, it is early yet. When Roberts starts contributing to the good doctor’s campaign,…that’ll be a hint. *wink*

butch on February 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Brock Robamney on February 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Didn’t get quite enough sleep last night, eh?

Take a nap and then see if you can write something approaching coherence.

That’s a good lad.

Solaratov on February 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

If Dr. Wolf had posted the same pictures and made jokes about how stupid people with guns are, he would be a hero.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

ROFL

Seriously, this is it?

What, we’re supposed to look for a Stepford Wife in a candidate, a staid automaton who doesn’t have any of the human foibles the rest of us are burdened with?

Not ready for prime time, whatever, I’ll choose the guy who isn’t afraid to swear and doesn’t wear a suit and tie to bed over the slick lifers who has an Image Team to impress establishment dorks.

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM

People who work in medicine often have a dark sense of humor. Is this supposed to be surprising?

DisneyFan on February 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Didn’t I see this article yesterday by Jazz Shaw (Weekend Supervising Guard at RINO Castle)?

Oh. Wait. That was a hit piece on McConnell’s opponent, Matt Bevin. This is a drive-by on Pat Roberts’ opponent. Right, right. Sorry for the mixup.

kevinkristy on February 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

And another Teahadist blows himself up for no result.

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

ROFL

Seriously, this is it?

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM

It sure looks like it, doesn’t it, Bish?

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

He seems to have the same family genes as our dear leader who likes to have babies aborted and if they somehow manage to survive, killed. I don’t think I’d like to have a beer with the good doc, either.

Kissmygrits on February 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Solaratov on February 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Why? He’s right. The media made a huge giant deal of a remark by Gov. Romney about binders full of women. It was added to the arsenal of proof positive that he was part of the “War on Women” in spite of the fact that he many high placed women in his cabinet as governor. So not only can Republicans not joke, they can’t even make a verbal slip. Pretty awesome double standard we are all buying into.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

You’re entirely wrong. The media has been using Ted Nugent as a cudgel against Greg Abbott already, as well as every politician who has ever consorted with him. If you think Ted Nugent and his comments exist in a vacuum and have no impact on the fortunes of conservatives, you’re whistling past the graveyard, and worse, you’re contributing to the same mistakes that brought conservatism to ruin in 2012.

As for Senator Roberts, I’m entirely willing to bet that non-Kansas conservatives, at a ratio of probably two hundred to one, did not care about him until Wolf stepped in. Roberts’ conservative ratings are high and he’s been perfectly in step with Kansas voters so far, house in Kansas or no house in Kansas. Now, Wolf is going to be schooled very quickly on the consequences of jumping into a statewide race with no political experience. And I’m praying that this doesn’t cost us a seat in a blood-red state.

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Crazy? Sure. They don’t call it the “lunatic fringe” for nothin’.

Adjoran on February 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Of course those of us who point out that the gladhanding lifers running the show now aren’t exactly rock-ribbed conservatives are NEVER told to sit down and shut up because “we need to win”. Nope, never happens.

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Boehner and McConnell are incumbents. If their constituents are happy enough with that, Crybaby and Big Mitch will get voted back in.

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

You sound like you don’t care what that Senate does, as long as it’s Republican. You’ll take the progressive bastards, as long as they’re our progressive bastards, right? Huh?

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM

This post has drawn all the moby RINO Hot Gassers.

22044 on February 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I guess I missed Jazz’s in depth write up of this.
Eh, perhaps it wasn’t juicy enough troll bait.

chris0christies0donut on February 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Gryphon202…I agree with you…perhaps you read my post as sarcastic . Why are the writers of a so called conservative blog doing the work of the democrats and republican establishment? I’ll talk the Senate Conservative Fund’s opinion over that of Jazz Shaw and the establishment any day of the week.

The_Conservative on February 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Did Jazz Shaw raise this much concern when Wanda Sykes wished Rush Limbaugh a cruel death via a kidney disease, all the while Barack Obama was laughing and grinning showing ALL of his horse teeth?

SouthernGent on February 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Ah, yes, Bishop. If there’s anything I’ve observed over the past three years, it’s a nationwide campaign to suppress the free speech of conservatives and criticism of establishment Republicans. Why, just a few days ago, I was listening to Sean Hannity/Glenn Beck/Rush Limbaugh and I didn’t hear a single bit of criticism against the establishment GOP. Not a single word.

Are you intentionally trolling people, or do you sincerely believe your own horsecrap now?

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Oh man, they’re going to look at my Bookface posts when I run for Senate?

“I have determined to withdraw my candidacy to spend more time with my family …”

Lance Corvette on February 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Color me unimpressed that doctors use gallows humor to avoid going insane. Whatever you do Jazz, don’t ever hang out with a bunch of combat vets. You’ll get a severe case of the vapors.

platypus on February 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM

The_Conservative on February 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Not at all. My post was by way of agreement. I apologize for not making that more clear.

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM

DisneyFan on February 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Using it as part of one’s campaign may not be the smartest thing. See, voters like to think their doctors care about them.

butch on February 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I agree. Funny too how people are calling Jazz a RINO for simply pointing this out.

cat_owner on February 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM

butch on February 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I was under the impression that he’s not using it as part of his campaign. It was on a personal FB page that is now being used against him.

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Until the conservative movement learns to behave like adults and recruit candidates who are both conservative and not offensive to voters, yes, that’s right.

Since this cockamamie idea of victory through insurgent primary candidates began, something like ten or fifteen Senate races over the past four years have been contested. By my count, only two of those attempts bore fruit – Ted Cruz and Rand Paul. The others have either handed the seat to the Democrats outright, or produced a candidate who has committed some sort of unforgivable betrayal, which in this day and age could very well mean that they haven’t supported impeaching the president.

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:39 AM

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

You are making my point. If this was the same standard the Democrats were held to, fine, but it’s not. Let’s hold Obama responsible for everything that those who support him say. Hell, he’s had them at the White House at State Dinners. But Nugent is the end of the world. People are not responsible for what other people say.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:39 AM

So misappropriating my taxes for their own benefit and not even living with their constituents is adult behavior? Good to know.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I don’t particularly admire the guy for having a Facebook page, but…

Wolf launched a Facebook chat about the 3D image by explaining it was taken from a postmortem examination. A Facebook friend, Melissa Ring-Pessen, responded that she performed the scan on Jan. 22, 2010, and was admonished for improperly positioning the man’s head.

“Seriously?” he wrote.

Sheesh Melissa,” Wolf replied, “it’s not like the patient was going to complain.”

How is his response a joke or mocking in any way? It seems to be a fairly rational response to a remark referencing making a corpse uncomfortable.

Apparently my feelings are not as tender as those who hate Teahadists (excellent name, btw, but I would get a Nazi reference in there somehow for maximum insult value //)

Seems like a “meh” moment to me. Publishing unidentified x-rays is not exactly the same as drivers license photos, but hey- one of his Facebook friends might discover the identity of a dead somebody’s bone parts sumpin sumpin!!

Pless1foEngrish on February 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Agreed, it’s not like the lifers have been telling the TP types to simmer down because whichever issue is on the front page isn’t the hill to die on.

All you ever say is that “we” need to win elections and then, THEN, things will change, just wait and see.

Face facts, the GOP house majority is sitting on its collective thumb while Dog Eater breaks federal law, and they won’t do anything about it because of the “optics”, or it’s an election year, or the MSM is against them, or they don’t have the time, or there are bigger things to worry about, or or or or or.

You may find that impressive, I see it as being stone-cold cowards.

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM

butch on February 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM

He’s not using it as part of his campaign. The media is.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Yes, I understand that to be the case, but, my point was this shouldn’t have been up on a public forum at all if he had any thoughts of ever running for elective office.

butch on February 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM

You may find that impressive, I see it as being stone-cold cowards.

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM

That makes two of us, Bish. :)

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM

We don’t control the media like the Democrats do
. For the love of all that’s holy, try to understand this. When Jimmy Hoffa Jr. talked about “taking those tea party son-of-a-b*tches out,” it was a story on conservative media and Fox News only. Nobody held the president accountable.

We are held to a higher standard and we have no choice but to meet that standard. In other words, if we have a bad candidate (relative to the electorate) and the Democrats have a bad candidate, we’ll lose 95% of the time. If we have a good candidate and they have one too, we’ll lose 95% of the time. The only way to beat a bad candidate is with a good candidate, and the only way to beat a good candidate is with a great candidate. End of story.

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Burn those strawmen all you like. My point doesn’t change.

Adult behavior is giving a damn about the candidate you support beyond “do they have the right enemies.”

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Yes, but, he made it available. He didn’t have to do that.

butch on February 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Too bad the Republicans didn’t do any oppo research on Obungler for either election …

Whitey Ford on February 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

We need to vote for candidates who support Obamacare, Amnesty, or debt ceiling hikes we are purists. Meanwhile if a conservative like Cucunelli wins, let’s abandon him. Sorry, no sale.

Brock Robamney on February 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM

You may find that impressive, I see it as being stone-cold cowards.

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I’m bringing this question over here, it seems more fitting.

Can anyone who pretends to be moderate please list the major conservative accomplishments of Bush 2000-2008? (and no, you can’t just say the tax cuts).
nobar on February 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM

nobar on February 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM

This is ridiculous. I have two coworkers who are in their 20′s and 30′s. They both avidly watch Walking Dead and any movie that has to do with zombies and/or horror. It’s been my experience that at least to the thirtysomething, nothing is sacred and everything is up for grabs when it comes to humor. So I would think that to that age group, this doctor making jokes like the ones Jazz has highlighted, would be more of a resume enhancement than a negative.

Seriously, have you looked at the type of humor that age group tends to go for? We may have stumbled onto the perfect candidate to appeal to that age demographic.

theotherone on February 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Yes, but, he made it available. He didn’t have to do that.

butch on February 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM

How do you know that? You do know what “opposition research” entails, right?

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM

So telling that the first article that Hot Air does on Miltonwolf is a nevasive piece. Pfff

Meat Fighter on February 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM

How is Obama “breaking federal law”?

Being black doesn’t count; provide the text of any section(s) of the law that he’s breaking with citation of judicial cases that back your position. No handwaving. This had better be a case you can take to court and get a conviction. Then you need to answer, in exhaustive detail, why no one has done so.

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

and mr “I am undoubtedly a progressive” romney was the most electable per the gop……

dmacleo on February 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

butch on February 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I don’t care. I’m just sick of “our” guys being held to a different standard. You guys don’t give a flip about Sen. Roberts being a creature of D.C. but are all jacked out of shape by some inside baseball crap from a doctor. I don’t know a lot about Facebook but I think you have to join and be “friended” to go to someones site. I know that I can’t go on people’s Facebook sites.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

How is Obama “breaking federal law”?

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Start with his rank violation of the constitution, BJ, which says “All legislative power shall be invested in a Congress…” And that’s just where it starts. I’d go into more detail, but this post is about Milton Wolf.

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

If I was in KS, my vote’s for Wolf.

22044 on February 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Let Sen. Roberts publish his emails, I’d love to see what he has had to say about the Tea Party contingent of his constituents. So not living in the state you represent is a “strawman”?

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM

How is Obama “breaking federal law”?

Being black doesn’t count

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

ROFL

Really?

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Kissmygrits on February 23, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Dr. Wolf is on opposite ends of the spectrum than his cousin in terms of skin color, ideology and ethics.

My Conservative Values

Life is the most precious gift given by God

I am unapologetically pro-life and, as your next senator, I will fight everyday for life from conception to natural death. I have devoted my life to saving lives and I will not stop now. Karrie and I make no secret of the fact that we were teenage parents, and it was the greatest blessing of our lives. God repeated that blessing three years later and recently we celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary, with our wonderful son and daughter. This is not a political issue to us; it’s very personal.

Our Right to Self Defense is God-Given

Your right to defend yourself is God-Given, and can never be taken away. As a key part of the divinely-inspired American Idea, our Founders codified it into law by adopting the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. The Second Amendment means exactly what it says and applies to individuals, not just militias. I will always fight to defend our Second Amendment rights, and no polls or special interests will ever change that.

Strong Families Make A Strong America

The family is the basic building block of society. Our country’s success is largely dependent on the success of the American family and strong families are the backbone of our country.

Taxed Enough Already

I strongly support the FairTax. I support the FairTax not only because it is sound economic policy and will create jobs, but I support it because it will replace the current immoral tax code that is used to coerce Americans to obey the whims of politicians and it will eliminate the corrupt IRS that persecutes Americans for their political beliefs.

PatientCare, Not ObamaCare

As a physician, I’ve taken an oath to my patients and whether I serve one patient at a time or all of America, I will abide by that oath to first do no harm.

ObamaCare is a destructive and disastrous law that must be completely repealed and replaced with a patient-centered, market-driven healthcare plan. I call it PatientCare. The cornerstones of PatientCare are compassion and efficiency. Compassion is achieved when doctors and patients are free to choose what care is right for them and efficiency is achieved through the power of the free market. With PatientCare, your insurance will be personal, portable and permanent and neither the government nor your employer can intrude upon your private doctor-patient relationship.

Pay Down the Debt

America already has an unsustainable debt that Washington is content to pass on to generations yet to be born. As author Mark Steyn has said, when America spends trillions of dollars that have yet to be earned by a generation yet to be born, it’s no longer a spending crisis, it’s a moral crisis. We must adopt pro-growth economic policies so that we can get our fiscal house in order, and pay down the debt. I will not support any increases to our nation’s debt.

Term Limits for Congress

I pledge to serve only two terms in the United States Senate. George Washington began the tradition of self-imposed term limits. The Founders envisioned public service as just that: service, not a career. Many have followed Washington’s example, including our own Governor Brownback who pledged to only serve two terms in the U.S. Senate, and kept his word. Sadly however, too many have treated political office as a career, and they cast meaningless votes for term limits while always exempting themselves. The permanent political class is the problem and it is time to send the career politicians home.

Nominees who will Support and Defend the Constitution

One of the major responsibilities of a United States Senator is to confirm presidential appointees. I will never vote for an appointee to any judicial post, cabinet post, or any other confirmable position who has a demonstrated record of ignoring the Constitution. My litmus test is the Constitution of the United States and if an appointee won’t follow it, I don’t care who they were appointed by, I will vote against their confirmation.

I see no stance on illegal immigration on his website, other than this: “Imagine an immigration policy that rewards those who love America, who play by the rules, and who yearn to breathe free.”

IMO, that doesn’t lay it out clearly.

Flora Duh on February 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Lolz! Exactly.

Bmore on February 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM

“this may wind up showing that Dr. Wolf simply wasn’t ready for prime time.”

As opposed to who? I think it’s great that Republican are alinsking Republicans. Saves a lot of work for the Dems.

Viator on February 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Big deal. And soldiers joke about “kill them all and let God sort them out”. His facebook postings mean nothing to me and indicates nothing about how he’d be in office. But thanks Jazz for helping the GOPe carry the water for the GOPe incumbent. So they’re afraid of Wolf and the best they can do is frown at his gallows humor? All the more reason to permanently retire the incumbent. Time for new blood every time even if it’s bloody.

AH_C on February 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Meh

I find the progressivism of Pat Roberts & Jazz Shaw far more objectionable

Norwegian on February 23, 2014 at 11:15 AM

…yep!

This post has drawn all the moby RINO Hot Gassers.

22044 on February 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM

…yep!

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM

…yep!

KOOLAID2 on February 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

If I was in KS, my vote’s for Wolf.

22044 on February 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

So no experience in politics is your litmus test? Pretty extreme reaction to the jugeared jackass, don’t you think?

platypus on February 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

You may find that impressive, I see it as being stone-cold cowards.

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM

That makes two of us, Bish. :)

gryphon202 on February 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Make it 3.

VegasRick on February 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

C’mon, Jazz. You’re buying into this BS? It’s not important, and you are just playing into the memes of Wolf’s critics, and the GOP establishment’s narrative about anyone who challenges one of their anointed.

Disappointing.

I understand the importance of not making the primaries circular firing squads that fatally damage the ultimate candidate in the general. But if we don’t challenge the RINOs from the right, exactly what motivation do they have to move our way on policy?

It’s a shame no one seems to understand the notion of making it a clean fight on policies on our side in the primaries, and avoiding making it personal and nasty.

novaculus on February 23, 2014 at 12:00 PM

How is Obama “breaking federal law”?

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

You’re kidding, right?

VegasRick on February 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM

platypus on February 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Tell me why Ron Johnson is so terrible, then.

My anti-litmus test is the applicable one: Roberts has too much political experience.

22044 on February 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM

platypus on February 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Anything the slows the learning curve on how to rob us is a plus.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Yeah Doctors have their own humor. Since medical school.
FLK= funny looking kid
FLP= funny looking parents (or patient)
GOMER= “Get out if my emergency room!”

I posted these very very G rated ones on another board and had people twisting their pearls and needing smelling salts.

Marcus on February 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM

What the heck has Obama being half black got to do with anything? You’re a jackazz for even putting that in your comment.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM

So not living in the state you represent is a “strawman”?

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM

No, but construing my statement that conservatives should recruit more competent candidates to ascribe to me support for politicians who rob the treasury and live out of state is a strawman writ large.

You’re putting words in my mouth. There’s a better way to do this, but you, and everyone else hyperventilating at Jazz for this article, are utterly unwilling to consider it. And that’s a damn shame, because it means that we’re going to leave too many seats on the table in 2014, and we’re going to get our asses handed to us on a silver platter come 2016.

If you don’t think this pervasive mindset isn’t going to make the 2016 primary just as self-destructive as 2012′s, you’re kidding yourself.

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Really, Jazz? Yeesh, medical humor does tend towards the macabre, but it exists. Just never expose yourself to combat humor, that can get very rough from what I understand.

rbj on February 23, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM

It must be all he has.

VegasRick on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

KingGold on February 23, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I’m sorry that you and Jazz have a history of demanding that we all except anything Republican as the standard we should live by. I’m not remarking to you or Jazz out of a vacuum, we’ve “met” before.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Nope, Rick. The claim that the President of the United States is breaking the law is an extraordinary claim and requires extraordinary evidence, along with extraordinary care and honesty in presenting that evidence. Either substantiate your claim or drop it.

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I’ve worked in health care for 30 years. The humor there is brutal, but I have never seen a Doctor clowning while the patients life is on the line. That said, basic Facebook warning should apply to everyone. That’s why I haven’t been on it for over a year. It can and will be used against you. But it would not prevent me from voting for Dr. Wolf. It’s not like he closed a bridge or sumpin’.

Cliff by the Ford on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

22044 on February 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I have no idea what I was thinking when I posted that comment. Quite possibly I wasn’t thinking at all. I certainly wish I had not done it.

platypus on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Do you know any combat soldiers? My wife worked for a decade prepping for lawsuits by reviewing autopsies. She worked regularly with the Coroner’s Office and surgeons. This kind of graveyard humor is commonplace among the folks who have to see it and live with it every day.

The real problem I see is that if America is actually such a collection of prissy little candy asses we’ll always elect the liars and phonies who make an issue out of such nonsense to be our “representatives”; Because We Caaaare!

My bet, America as a self-reliant, individualist country is over because too many Americans ain’t “Americans” anymore. That includes whoever at HA figured this was worthy of notice other than to pile on Pat Roberts for putting it out there.

rcl on February 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

And of course you’re open to the evidence as proven by the racial comment you made; it wasn’t a good start for you, son.

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM

We obviously need more humorless blobs in the Senate.

Cliff by the Ford on February 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Let’s start here

VegasRick on February 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM

platypus on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Darlin’ you say anything you want, as with King Gold, we’ve “met” and you are wonderful. That’s not to say I don’t like King Gold but we just agree less often.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Bishop on February 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM

^
This

We obviously need more humorless blobs in the Senate.

Cliff by the Ford on February 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM

^
This too.

22044 on February 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM

VegasRick on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Considering his administration, it is apparently all that is needed.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM

platypus on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

No worries, bud.

22044 on February 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Jazz, you should do some investigating and see if he plays Candy Crush or something.

kevinkristy on February 23, 2014 at 12:13 PM

As somebody else wrote above, I neither know the individual under discussion nor have any opinion of him or his suitability as a candidate. Still…

Is there any chance that a lot of conservatives are worrying too much about find the perfectly unblemished pure-of-heart candidate?

Consider how the decent Romney, the Mormon equivalent of a choirboy, was vilified. In contrast, look at the many skeletons still sitting in Barack Obama’s closet.

What a coincidence that first Christie (not that I consider him ‘conservative’) and now Walker are ‘embroiled in scandals’ or ‘plagued by scandals,” in the word of the MSM.

No, anybody who has a shot at defeating Dems is plagued by the liberal media. If we limit ourselves to choosing candidates who have never said or done anything in their lives that could be twisted into something negative, the progressives keep us where they want us, continuing to play defense and spending all our time trying to prove we’re not racist, homophobic, jingoists, denialists, or whatever else the cause du jour is.

Drained Brain on February 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM

BrianJ on February 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM

LOL. Barky violates the Constitution and makes a mockery of law on a regular basis. Pick a week and you can find at least one major Constitutional violation or crime that Barky has committed.

Further, Barky is a total moron who doesn’t have the intellect to run a mop correctly. But … he was editor of the Hah-vahd Lawn Review .. even though his English skills are in the toilet “we are on the precipice of a great achievement …”

You’re a friggin joke. Go away, you America-hating SackOS. Have some dog.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM