FLOTUS: America’s young knuckleheads need ObamaCare

posted at 2:41 pm on February 21, 2014 by Allahpundit

When I saw the Weekly Standard’s headline, I assumed she meant “knuckleheads” in the sense that they’re less likely to plan for unpleasant contingencies than older people who have more to lose. That’s not really what she’s saying, though; by “knuckleheads,” she seems to mean klutzy or foolhardy. Essentially she’s giving you the “Brosurance” pitch for why young adults should sign up. Why that idea, that twentysomethings eschew health insurance not for rational financial reasons but because they’re too stupid and happy-go-lucky to care for themselves, would appeal to the target audience, I have no idea. But then, that’s what mandates are for.

Never mind that, though. What makes this semi-newsy is that you’re watching the First Lady peddle one of the core lies of ObamaCare, arguably even more significant than “if you like your plan.” We’re forcing young invincibles to sign up, she says, because they’re not invincible. If anything, they’re accident-prone and way, way too risk-seeking. It’s for their own good. Which … is a lie. If you’ve read a single piece on how ObamaCare’s risk pools are supposed to work, you know the truth is just the opposite. The White House and its insurer friends are desperate for young’uns to sign up because they’re less likely to need medical treatment than most of the population. They’re the ones whose expensive new premiums can and will be used to subsidize coverage for people with preexisting conditions rather than to pay for medical care for themselves. It’s not for their own good that they’re being forced to enroll, it’s for the good of some less fortunate class. That’s how welfare programs work. But rather than be honest about that when Fallon asks her why young people should sign up — i.e. “we need to gouge them to pay for the sick” — she falls back on idiocy about drunk millennials falling off of bar stools or whatever. Deeply dishonest, as is par for the course for ObamaCare.

Exit question: How many people are “cooking for the first time” when they’re 26? What?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

FLOTUS is right..

myiq2xu on February 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Uh, let’s just agree that FLOTUS is correct.

HiJack on February 21, 2014 at 4:59 PM

We subsidize the poor now when we pay a hospital bill. That’s why an aspirin costs $25.00.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Can you explain how Obamacare does anything to improve the free rider “subsidizing the poor” problem?

Give us specifics, please. Thanks in advance.

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Prove to me that you even understand what a hospital chargemaster is? You could first get a degree in hospital administration.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Fair enough. I guess we’ll just have to stick with the free rider question.

(Welcome to hotair, btw.)

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 5:02 PM

(Welcome to hotair, btw.)

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Thanks. I’ll try to add to the give-and-take.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Enrich the oligarchs and destroy the middle class.

Hell yeah Obamacare!!!

Murphy9 on February 21, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Thus ends any possible chance there might have been for me EVER tuning into The Tonight Show.

Adios NBC, don’t need ya, don’t want ya, couldn’t care less if you went off the ‘air’.

Diluculo on February 21, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I was thinking the same thing. If only we had a single payer health system. I don’t know how we survived as a nation for 230 years without it

Brock Robamney on February 21, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Someone already said it, but this Fallon guy is not funny. And he overdoes the laugh at his guests’ “jokes.” And I have only seen this from clips. I won’t watch NBC if I can avoid it.

jazzuscounty on February 21, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Oh, VOMIT.

Look, ANYONE who thinks that someone who is 26 years old should be on their freakin’ parents health care policy is certifiably insane. Okay?

Men and women are fighting and dying in WAR at age 18; they’re signing contracts, they’re responsible adults. So, a freaking 26 year old who is on his/her parents’ policy is a SLACKER, a LOSER!

And, Jimmy Fallon should have pointed that out to MICHELLE ANTOINETTE.

I don’t think I could loathe a President or his wife more than I do these two self-absorbed, destructive, depraved liars.

mountainaires on February 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Seriously, though, and since the education aspect was specifically mentioned:

One would hope someone with the education and experiences allowing for a nuanced understanding of what are clearly difficult and extremely intricate chargemaster variables would be able to easily explain at least two or three simplistic guide-to-dummies style basics of Obamacare’s free rider solutions to us non-hospital-administrator types.

After all, even janitors that mop hospital floors after the administrators have gone home can successfully tell their unemployed drunk aunts enough to appreciate a work-related story at Thanksgiving.

Many of us are highly educated, and most of us aren’t even drunk, so an easy free rider explanation should be a piece of cake.

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I don’t care if it is only 36 seconds long. I’m NOT clicking to watch.

Cleombrotus on February 21, 2014 at 5:38 PM

At 26 I had been married for 5 years and had 3 kids and 4.5 years of Naval service under my belt. Same with my husband (we’re 6 months apart). Actually, he had close to 8 years in the Navy at that point. We were certainly not knuckleheads at that age!

And my 8 year old boys can cook with moderate supervision and my 11 year old daughter cooks and bakes regularly with little supervision. Childhood ends at high school graduation, not in one’s mid-twenties. I’ll not be indulging/ruining my children like that: parents are to raise productive children that can support themselves after leaving the nest in an age appropriate manner.

Anna on February 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Hey, I’ll bet you’re up in the years so that this particular problem, very soon, will not even concern you anymore.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I see we have a live one.

First the welfare wannabe tries this:

In the 1970s, when I was 26 years old, I had Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. It was rough making the payments on a brick laborer’s wage. Wish I had the Obamacare subsidy back then to help lighten the load.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Then, when cornered on the fact that he was demanding welfare, he tries the first dodge of liberals.

I’ll raise you one Social Security card and one Medicare entry form.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Sure.

northdallasthirty on February 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM

northdallasthirty on February 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Sorry, but you know nothing about my ass, or any other delicate part of my body. I was 26 years old in the 1970s. But when I was 26, I clearly understood that the only way to lower healthcare costs was through more regulation of the healthcare industry and by making sure that everyone that had a job paid into the insurance pool in one form or another.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM

The Young Knuckleheads don’t need Obamacare, Obamacare needs the Knuckleheads. Without milking numbers and income, Obamacare will die an early death. This shows they are in desperation. If only the low income sick are signing up, the Law is doomed to failure. With it the collapse of the private sector insurance and quality medical care. Perhaps that’s the plan.

Egfrow on February 21, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Oh, I see.

So what did you do?

You increased regulation and drove UP healthcare costs — as has always happened, were you not so ignorant that you avoid any sort of facts.

Then you started screaming and demanding that OTHER people pay your bills for you so that you could pay LESS.

You’re nothing but a lazy welfare loser. No wonder FLOTUS appeals to you — the only thing she does is suck on the public teat and scream and demand that those who work for a living don’t deserve their money and should be forced to pay more so lazy slackers like you don’t have to work.

northdallasthirty on February 21, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Also, what’s the stupid liar Dave Turson screaming about now, free riders?

Seriously. A welfare boy who is demanding welfare payments so that he doesn’t have to pay for his own insurance is shrieking and screaming about “free riders”.

Stupid FLOTUS and her entire Barack Obama Party said that people should quit their jobs and free-ride. Indeed, they stated that the entire purpose of Obamacare was so that their supporters could quit their jobs and free-ride at taxpayer expense.

The minute an idiot like Dave Turson comes in here and starts demanding subsidies, call him what he is — a welfare loser and a free rider who doesn’t want to pay his bills, just like the worthless FLOTUS Michelle Obama.

northdallasthirty on February 21, 2014 at 6:47 PM

The big difference this First Lady versus the previous one in Laura Bush? Class. Laura Bush never made general and idiotic statements like this. Of course dear Michelle is perfect and we should all bow down at her feet.

sadsushi on February 21, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Diluculo on February 21, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Ditto. I knew Jimmy Fallon would be a total joke as the new host but didn’t think it would be this bad, this early. Having Michelle on there already. And doing this crap below. Watch it if you have the stomach to

sadsushi on February 21, 2014 at 8:09 PM

By 26 I had graduated college the hard way (went at night, while working my way through), hubby was back from ‘Nam and went to Tech school under the GI bill. We were already married 3 years, both worked full time jobs, bought a house, owned our cars, paid the bills on time and lived like royalty. We were two city kids with families that couldn’t afford to help us, so we did it on our own.

Of course that was 40 years ago when there was a functional United States of America, where you could achieve whatever you wanted, just by working hard. Sad for the messiah-lovin’ youts, they know not what they missed.

AppraisHer on February 21, 2014 at 8:22 PM

…I’m sorry…how do people?…. all the people in the media…. say “she is an attractive first lady”!…all those people…that work on her…………and that’s it?…you can not be serious!

KOOLAID2 on February 21, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Had Fallon quipped: “The same ‘knuckleheads’ that voted for your Dog-Eating hubby Michele?”

The IRS, NSA, FBI, FCC, etc. would have fried his arse.

RavingLunatic on February 21, 2014 at 8:39 PM

….I was 26 years old in the 1970s. But when I was 26, I clearly understood that the only way to lower healthcare costs was through more regulation of the healthcare industry …
Dave Turdson on February 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Wow, somewhere around 40 years have passed and you haven’t gotten a bit smarter.

Somewhere around 40 years of yearly, monthly,, daily increasing regulations have passed, and healthcare costs have skyrocketed along with those regulations.

You can’t even understand that complying with ever increasing regulations costs huge amounts of money? That it cuts Doctors productivity time filling out stupid paperwork?

Hell, The private practice doctor I see (and pay cash to, for huge discounts) has had to hire two full time people just to do his Medicare and Medicaid paperwork.

Imagine, if instead of spending 60-70 thousand a year on filling out paperwork for the Feds and to a lesser extent, the State, he could buy some fancy high tech machinery to better treat his patients. Or maybe hire a Physicians Assistant to be able to treat more people.

Yeah, regulations cut costs. Always have, always will. BRILLIANT!!!!

Imagine how cheap it will be when the Feds put a government agent in every doctor’s office, and the doctor has to hire a full time lawyer to sit in his office to advise him on what the government agent requires…..

Why, I bet healthcare will be absolutely free for everyone by then.

LegendHasIt on February 21, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Deeply dishonest

I’m not so sure. She is, after all, the preeminent expert on knuckleheads.

HellCat on February 21, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Pack it up boys, we are dealing with a bonafide genius here, he knew everything there was to know by age 26! It’s too taxing on his time now to have to explain his positions, it would be tantamount to lowering his IQ for mere mortals…he is far too superior for that!

Alinsky on February 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Alinsky on February 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Well, he’s got his wish. So did the knucklehead sign up yet?

CurtZHP on February 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM

They lie to get people to do what they want. There must be a word for that.

LashRambo on February 21, 2014 at 10:11 PM

The New Tonight Show, Your Portal to The WHite House

Warner Todd Huston on February 21, 2014 at 3:09 PM

…which is why I will never EVER watch Jimmy SuperLib; the new (ugh) face of the Tonight Show. Johnny Carson must be turning over in his grave right about now.

cableguy615 on February 21, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Oh, VOMIT.

mountainaires on February 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

What ? ! … You believe today’s spoiled rotten kids should be able to bear the burden of REAL LIFE and self-sufficiency before age 26 ?

What are you, Amish ?

BTW, most of the Amish Church members I know are married by age 23 (or sooner), and have an excellent start in life, because the work ethic is taught as soon as they are capable of handling a shovel and a rake. They save or invest money beginning at a relatively young age (15 – 16), and by the time they’re ready for marriage, they’ve got a rock-solid start. Of course, there are exceptions … but the ones I knew were not in that category.

mountainaires on February 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

It’s (unfortunately) easier to get “on the job training” for higher tech, higher grade jobs in the military, than anywhere in the regular civilian job-market, or economy. I blame parents (must include myself) for this.

And, Jimmy Fallon should have pointed that out to MICHELLE ANTOINETTE.

mountainaires on February 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Somebody (I don’t care who … myself, maybe?) should tell the Progressive politicians that we know they’re destroying our country DELIBERATELY, and that they are UNWORTHY to have, hold, or otherwise occupy positions of civil authority and governance over us.

mountainaires on February 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I don’t blame them as much as I blame my fellow Americans who either voted for Obama, or didn’t vote at all, period.

There’s no excuse for any American citizen to be lacking knowledge
about Barack Obama, and his ‘inner circle’ of associates. It is so on display for all to see. Yet, he won re-election anyway.

listens2glenn on February 21, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Thanks. I’ll try to add to the give-and-take.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM

So far I’ve only seen you wanting to take.

cabra viejo on February 21, 2014 at 10:54 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 21, 2014 at 8:29 PM

C’mon Koolaid. You don’t think drifting off to sleep and having the beautiful cocoa succubus hovering over you would be great?

cabra viejo on February 21, 2014 at 10:58 PM

This person was not elected to anything. She has no right to set any policy.

Karmashock on February 22, 2014 at 12:20 AM

First off, you’re only eligible for Medicare and Social Security after you’ve passed age 65 — which presumably means that you and your employer have worked and paid a rough total of 12.4% of your income for Social Security and 5.8% of your income for Medicare into the system for forty-plus years.So if you can explain to us why your lazy uneducated twenty-six-year-old ass deserves the same in welfare as people who have had over 15% of every paycheck they’ve ever earned taken from them for over four decades, we’d love to hear it.For Michelle Obama, who is nothing more than the ultimate welfare momma, we don’t expect any better. Perhaps you can, though.
northdallasthirty on February 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Granted you’re talking roughly 15% over 40 years but in actuality one should always look at it from the pov of the self employed. Just because the employer is paying half doesn’t mean that one “saved” money. If it weren’t for the damn programs in the first place, the employer’s share is part of the salary. Imagine what anyone could do to take care of themselves and family if they self funded their own security with half the money that the govt took away by brute force.

Yes we’re knuckleheads for allowing the govt to take our money and regift us with social services when all it should be doing is tending to the essential govt services and getting out of our way.

AH_C on February 22, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Lickspittle lost host laps up drivel of classless creep who married a tyro doofus despot-wannabe.

Knuckleheads puts this couple of morons in power.

America suffers the results.

profitsbeard on February 22, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Because that’s what I just love, having a president and a first lady who demean themselves by stooping to calling citizens of our nation names. /sarc

Rational Db8 on February 22, 2014 at 5:28 AM

Pajama Boy and the Life of Julia strike again, courtesy of Michelle Obama. The Obama worldview, arrogance, petulance, and lack of respect for others is truly horrifying in anyone in a position of power, let alone president of the United States and his spouse, the First “Lady.”

Pajama boy snapped the ultimate selfie

Pajama Boy Nation

Pajama Boy

Rational Db8 on February 22, 2014 at 5:43 AM

Give us specifics, please. Thanks in advance.

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Sorry, I’m not wading into the battle lines that you present. This is a very complex problem.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Link to Obama’s speeches on chargemasters if you can and we can address it as well, but for now let’s stick to your “subsidizing the poor” topic.

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 4:55 PM

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 5:50 PM

That last one was my favorite, btw.

I can’t explain it, so stop asking. Shut up and die.

The sad part is that it’s said just the same, and, as a number of posters have pointed out, possibly with more emphasis. Somehow it’s a bit worse than saying “I have no idea” because of trying so obviously hard and repeatedly to NOT say it.

Like I said, even a janitor who mops the hospital floors can figure out how to explain something to his drunk aunt.

FWIW, northdallasthirty touched on what I’ve been expecting one of our informed Obamacare supporters to post, but it’s almost like none of them have any data regarding the “yay free stuff!” legislation they support. I’m sure that’s just a coincidence, though.

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 6:51 AM

northdallasthirty on February 21, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Spent some time checking out Northdallasthirty’s healthcare expert who is just a conservative think tank wonk named Avik Roy. Turns out he is short of answers and is searching, searching, searching. Put all Avik Roy’s twisting and thrashing aside, he supports a universal healthcare system that subsidizes the poor:

This is a work in progress.

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM

This is a work in progress.

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Works in progress are pilots and trials. Obamacare is not that.

Obamacare is law.

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM

“Work in progress” refers to the expert policy wonk. No more words for you.

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Come to think of it, it’s funny that more time and testing is required to bring a new drug to market than is needed for taking over 1/5th of the economy.

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 8:09 AM

No more words for you.

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 8:07 AM

All done avoiding the difficult bits?

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 8:11 AM

It’s weird. It seems like it should be a lot easier to win debates against dumb conservatives, doesn’t it?

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 8:15 AM

All done avoiding the difficult bits?

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 8:11 AM

It’s not my job to entertain you. You did not reference the Avik Roy column I just posted. I have a life outside this blog and you’ve shown me you seek to jab and poke without serious thought involved — I can get plenty of that on any street corner.

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I can get plenty of that on any street corner.

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Now about the price…

Murphy9 on February 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM

All done avoiding the difficult bits?

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I asked you, an Obamacare supporter, a serious question.

You can’t answer it.

It was your choice to try to avoid saying “I don’t know.”

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Give us specifics, please. Thanks in advance.

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 4:14 PM

It’s not my job to entertain you… you’ve shown me you seek to jab and poke without serious thought involved

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

FWIW, no one expected you to be this entertaining.

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Queen Michelle has spoken: “Let them eat cake”.

kjatexas on February 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM

Don’t let her get away with this, please!!!!!!!!!!!!

tanarg on February 22, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Unsurprisingly FLOTUS is hosted the Obama butt kisser to promote Obamacare…

Watch the ratings drop NBC. You’d be lucky if Leno doesn’t hire the entire show staff and start a new program.

Theworldisnotenough on February 22, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

You do wear protection, do you not? Some of those guys have AIDS.

unclesmrgol on February 22, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

You do wear protection, do you not? Some of those guys have AIDS.

unclesmrgol on February 22, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Maybe they can give some tips on debating, too.

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 7:15 PM

mountainaires on February 21, 2014 at 5:33 PM

In all fairness, it is very difficult to break into the job market and get a job with benefits right now. My kids in their early 20′s have been trying for over 2 years and don’t have anything with benefits yet (not even as an option). They’re bright, honest, clean cut with BA’s but didn’t do enough tech classes. Given their low income, they would get fully subsidized Obamacare, but we’re keeping them on our policy as long as we can. Then we are paying for it more directly rather than through taxes.

talkingpoints on February 22, 2014 at 7:51 PM

The real question is, will the average LIV recognize this for the insult that it is?

Ukiah on February 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Well the way I see it, Most of these knuckleheads will laugh or cheer out loud to their TVs for about a half hour or so before realizing she is referring to them.

Sort of reminds me of an old line from the 3 Stooges ; when Moe or someone else would insult Curly Howard to his face he would stare back at them and say : ” HEY ! I resemble that remark!”

cableguy615 on February 22, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Now I know why NBC canned the number 1 Leno for Fallon. It did not take long to have that question answered.

mobydutch on February 22, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Looks like Late Night programming has been put under some more of that fundamental change mission.

mobydutch on February 22, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Median household income per census dot gov is $53K, and 2.5% of that equals $1325 (thirteen hundred and twenty five dollars).

$1325 won’t cover even minor medical procedures, but hospitals will still be required by law to provide care regardless of insurance coverage or ability to pay.

Give us specifics, please. Thanks in advance.

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Those dumb conservatives must’ve tricked us somehow! They’re not smart! These people don’t have serious thoughts!

They obviously used some sort of trick. That’s the only explanation.

(It wasn’t supposed to be this difficult to debate basic math conservatives, was it?)

rogerb on February 23, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Poor Rogerb, all alone looking for more words to twist. I’ll just re-submit a column by Avik Roy. Avik Roy is North Dallas Thirty’s conservative expert on this topic. You seem to not want to look at it.

Avik Roy claims that with some tweaking Obamacare can be turned into a fiscally stable national health care system. You recently praised North Dallas Thirty as the Hot Air genius of health care. Remember:

People are neat. It’s almost sort of impressive how much effort goes into trying to avoid having to admit “I don’t know” or “No, it doesn’t do anything to fix the problem that was arguably the entire premise of the law”. […]
rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Now, study the column by Avik Roy –- get into the weeds of it, knee deep — and post a thoughtful reply and I may respond again.

Dave Turson on February 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM

“KNUCKLEHEAD” I thought FLOTUS was talking about Harley Davidson riders.

Seriously, no matter what other definition for Knucklehead one wants to use, FLOTUS was condescendingly calling America’s youth as stupid.

Attaching FLOTUS condescending attitude to all Demoncrates running in 2014, will result in more losses than they comprehend.

MSGTAS on February 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Obamacare is law.

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM

“Work in progress” refers to the expert policy wonk. No more words for you.

Dave Turson on February 22, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Good to see you again, Dave.

rogerb on February 23, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Poor Rogerb, all alone looking for more words to twist.

Yes, all those tricky conservatives and their twisty tricky direct quotes again. That’s obviously how those conservatives make it so difficult to debate here.

Through direct quotes.

How tricky.

I’ll just re-submit a column by Avik Roy… You recently praised North Dallas Thirty as the Hot Air genius of health care. Remember:

rogerb on February 22, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Dave Turson on February 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Poor Dave. You should read more carefully. Remember:

It’s simple math. It’s data. It’s a number in the link he posted that informed Obamacare supporters should be aware of but that, strangely enough, none have ever posted.

Dave Turson on February 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Remember how we got here, btw?

Give us specifics, please. Thanks in advance.

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Sorry, I’m not wading into the battle lines that you present…

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM

That was our first exchange. You did nothing but complain about us not being hospital administrators and avoid the topic from that post on because it’s difficult and forces readers to see, and you to openly admit, that Obamacare, while being passed with free riders as one of the main rationals for the losses in coverage and increases in felt costs to the middle class, does nothing to fix the problem.

Can you not see the comedy in your demands that we now only discuss the weeds and knees and thoughtful replies regarding your newly-found Avik Roy article?

Hint: Post a thoughtful reply to the initial question that started our exchange, post “I don’t know how it fixes the free rider problem”, or post “It does nothing to fix the free rider problem” and we can continue.

It’s your choice, and whether we can honestly and thoughtfully continue is entirely based on you actually answering the question.

Unfortunately for your position, even not posting a response (or posting about someone being dead soon and not to worry about it) is a clear response.

rogerb on February 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM

(Welcome to hotair, btw.)

rogerb on February 21, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Thanks. I’ll try to add to the give-and-take.

Dave Turson on February 21, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Please try, Dave.

rogerb on February 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Oops. Sorry about the direct quote.

rogerb on February 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM

BTW, I’m headed out of town for business in a bit, but I’ll check back in tomorrow. Thankfully these threads stay open indefinitely.

(Assuming I don’t die of old age and no longer need to worry about it.)

rogerb on February 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM

I’m done. Bang or tap your computer on this topic to your heart’s delight – I will not reply. You can go out quietly with a rose in your hand, or ride to heaven atop a motorcycle, or plan for the boxer’s punching pose that you so obviously enjoy.

Anything you care to think about or do in the future is fine by me, but I won’t be making a notation of it.

Dave Turson on February 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Worthless. Totally worthless.

Murphy9 on February 23, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Anna on February 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Actually the FirstGrimace has sound bio-physio science on her side (holding my nose as I write this part) w claim about _adult_ at age 26, via prefrontal cortex, responsible for judgment and the like, that area of the brain ‘closes’ at end of adolescence, typically (anymore, in post-industrial society) at approximately age 25. The disparity of other coming-of-age social signals re life choices, high school graduation, military service, and so on, are quite glaring, and further indicate, imo, the damage wrought against the traditional family unit, including extended family members teaching Their youth about life and its ways, by state-run education — or what passes for it — and the media onslaughts as conflicting influences for the youth/ adult to competently process and therefore act upon.

KissMyAmericanFlag on February 24, 2014 at 11:35 AM

rogerb on February 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I’m done…

Dave Turson on February 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Gosh, who could’ve predicted such a thing?

But thanks for your help, Dave. We couldn’t have done it without you.

And don’t feel bad. No other Obamacarers know anything about the legislation past the “yay free stuff!” appeal, either*. FWIW, sticking around to try and insult the other person is farther than most supporters got after they realized what happened, so I’ll gladly give you partial credit for at least attempting that much.

* The different colored text is a link.

rogerb on February 24, 2014 at 9:39 PM

rogerb on February 24, 2014 at 9:39 PM

; ) One of these days rogerb, one of these days. Lolz!

Bmore on April 2, 2014 at 7:54 AM