Video: “I thought the Affordable Care Act would save $2500 per family?”

posted at 8:01 am on February 20, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Senator Amy Klobuchar and Rep. Tim Walz came back to Mankato, MN yesterday to meet and greet constituents at South Central College, along with Rep. Collin Peterson. The three Democrats addressed an agricultural symposium, where Peterson talked at length about the farm bill. But KEYC’s Ryan Gustafson captured a priceless moment when one attendee wanted to know why Democrats promised that ObamaCare would save families $2500 a year in premiums:

KEYC – Mankato News, Weather, Sports -

The lawmakers fielded other questions as well, talking debt and immigration reform, but it was the question about the struggling health care law that everyone in the audience wanted to see answered, and two out of the three Democrats on the dais seemed hesitant to tackle.

The question: “I thought the Affordable Care Act would save $2500 per family. What happened?”

After Sen. Klobuchar and Rep. Walz looked at each other, laughter broke out in the room.

Rep. Peterson quickly picked up the microphone to say, “I voted ‘no’, so I’ll let these guys handle that,” to the applause of the crowd.

Walz then tried out the line that Democrats will use in their defense in the midterms:

Walz says, “This health discussion has got to be broader, it’s got to point out where there are weaknesses and failures, it’s got to make sure we’re not leaving people behind or distorting the system. But don’t pretend there was some type of safe harbor before this where everything was just peachy keen.”

Really? We can test this thesis. Before the passage of ObamaCare, we have polling from Gallup about the status of satisfaction with health care in the US. In September 2009, 85% of Americans had health insurance — and 87% expressed satisfaction with their health care, while 61% were satisfied with the costs associated with it. Fifty percent of the uninsured were satisfied with their health care, although 69% were dissatisfied with the costs. The system worked for the overwhelming majority of Americans until Democrats decided that they knew better than doctors and insurers how to remake the market.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

In a nutshell, the Obama regime and their congressional facilitators lied in order to pass that Marxist aberration . . . period.

rplat on February 20, 2014 at 8:05 AM

If you like your $2500, you can keep your $2500…..

And Bishop!

DinaRehn on February 20, 2014 at 8:05 AM

You can be sent to prison for telling a lie to ANY government flunkie.

Yet government routinely lies to citizens with impunity. Something is wrong here. Shouldn’t it be the other way around, the government be required to be truthful while citizens don’t have to be?

ConstantineXI on February 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM

“it’s got to point out where there are weaknesses and failures” Isn’t that the definition of Obamacare? Weakness and epic failure.

UnderstandingisPower on February 20, 2014 at 8:07 AM

True, the system had its problems, but Obamacare has made things WORSE!

LilyBart on February 20, 2014 at 8:10 AM

You can be sent to prison for telling a lie to ANY government flunkie.

ConstantineXI on February 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM

…there should be SUCH a LAW!

KOOLAID2 on February 20, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Gee, you put a Lands’ End fleece jacket on a lying, cheating, venal sleaze and he almost looks like a regular guy. Then he opens his mouth, and there it is, the lying, cheating, venal sleaze.

Rational Thought on February 20, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Wait…..what? Sen. Amy didn’t comment on that? That’s her schtick, unless it’s some sort of tearjerker.

Buck_Nekkid on February 20, 2014 at 8:13 AM

You trusted a politician, dumba$$. That was your first mistake. I’m sure it won’t be your last.

gryphon202 on February 20, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Own it dems

cmsinaz on February 20, 2014 at 8:16 AM

… and while your at it Congressman Walz, talk to people about all the exemptions, including your own.

diogenes on February 20, 2014 at 8:17 AM

So by the way, I just read the entire CBO report on raising the minimum wage. Your spin on it was pure lies, so that needs to be noted. And the same is true here, satisfaction with U.S. healthcare was polling very high in the fall of 2009, that’s when the bill’s passage was imminent, tea party shenanigans were at an all time high and the right was flooding the airwaves with lies about the ACA. We all know that Hillary damn near won the Dem nomination on healthcare alone, and that Americans asked and voted for change to the healthcare system by dint of the 2008 election (and wanted to retain it by dint of the 2012 election).

Cry all you like, Democrats will retain the Senate and as the bill works itself out, Americans will buy in. Especially when Republican lawmakers will have to answer questions about medicaid expansion. They are feeling the pressure on that issue in such safely red states as Wyoming and Georgia, don’t think that’s a sign of your victory.

This is also my sign off until the semester ends, and who knows if I’ll return after. I’ve got too much work to do, there’s too many things to do off line and posting here has gotten a bit stale. Good wishes to those few people I’ve had the occasional pleasant exchange with, you know who you are. And peace out to the crazies!

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Do not let the Fascist-Democrats get away with it. We had a perfectly fine healthcare system, which maybe needed a few tweaks here and there. But they are intent on destroying it to bring about government controlled healthcare, with death panels.

rbj on February 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Will Obamacare be repealed or won’t it? Will Congress fund it or won’t it? Will the web site be fixed or not? Blah, blah, blah. We the people just need to do what we need to do and Congress be damned. Resist. Refuse. Revolt. EXEMPT OURSELVES! We did not comply with Prohibition and we simply should not comply with Obamacare. For religious reasons. For privacy reasons. For the cause of liberty and freedom and in protest of the idea that the federal government (under one party rule, no less), can force private citizens to purchase anything with our own money. Are we citizens or subjects? Mice or (wo)men? Just say NO to socialism and to the corrupt, unionized, far left IRS: the gestapo of America’s political class. After all, the federal government ignores millions of illegals who are breaking U.S. immigration law every day. Our Founders pledged their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor. All we have to do is just say no to a scheme we all know is un-American and a violation of our most basic founding fundamentals of privacy, self reliance, limited government and individual freedom.
How To Opt Out Of Obamacare. Know your options and become savvy self-pay patients. Join a health care sharing ministry. These are voluntary, charitable membership organizations that agree to share medical bills among the membership. They function similar to insurance, and are probably the best alternative to conventional health insurance. There are four of them, at least that I know of. Three are open only to practicing Christians (Samaritan Ministries, Christian Healthcare Ministries, and Christian Care Ministry) while a fourth, Liberty HealthShare, is open to anyone who agrees with their ethical commitment to religious liberty. They operate entirely outside of Obamacare’s regulations, and typically offer benefits for about half the cost of similar health insurance. Members are also exempt from having to pay the tax for being uninsured. From the article by Sean Parnell http://thefederalist. com/2013/12/04/opt-obamacare/#.Up9MwGKiM_o.email

devan95 on February 20, 2014 at 8:19 AM

There once was a time when most Americans had a healthy distrust of all politicians. That’s one of the things that made us a great country. Nowadays over half of our country worships them like some kind of deities. Those fools believed that Obama could make the oceans stop rising.

Looks like those Tea Party folks were right all along. Again.

tobes on February 20, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Yeah and immigration laws will be enforced if we pass comprehensive amnesty.

Wigglesworth on February 20, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I’m surprised the 3 stooges didn’t claim the guy asking about the $2500 wasn’t a tea party plant.

Kissmygrits on February 20, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Utopia!

Gotta love it…

What a wonderful place….

Electrongod on February 20, 2014 at 8:20 AM

It’s never been about healthcare. It’s always been about government control of healthcare. The lies never stopped flowing from Obama and his Democrat worshippers and the saving of $2500 was just one of them.

iamsaved on February 20, 2014 at 8:21 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

….Peaceorgan!…you are stale!…I’ve never heard of stale shit before!

KOOLAID2 on February 20, 2014 at 8:23 AM

How many times do liberals have to be lied to before they realize they are being lied to?

crankyoldlady on February 20, 2014 at 8:24 AM

…the minimum wage. Your spin on it was pure lies, so that needs to be noted. And the same is true here…

So long, professor.

Imagine that for a bit. Imagine being consumed by your academic fetish but being constantly shown as wrong on almost every topic you introduce here outside of a laughably self-limited sort of “the influence of women professors in gay black history and how it influences future gay history of blacks and women” sphere of knowledge.

Now imagine knowing that the non-bubble folks you choose to congregate with care very little about your womens-/LBGT-/black-studies knowledge. And, worse, often laugh openly about its perceived value after you prove you haven’t bothered to learn much else.

Sadder still is knowing that he comes here and gets knocked around academically by people who probably only graduated high school but who have genuine intellectual curiousity and have educated themselves on different topics, and this forces him to return to the comfort of that little womens-/LBGT-/black-studies bubble where he knows what he’s expected to say to be told he’s smart again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

rogerb on February 5, 2013 at 7:03 AM

rogerb on February 20, 2014 at 8:27 AM

You can’t fix stupid.

307wolverine on February 20, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Tea Party was right.

forest on February 20, 2014 at 8:28 AM

crankyoldlady on February 20, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Infinity by my observation.

To be a leftist in the first place you are either an evil power hungry elite or a moronic drone.

99% of them are moronic drones.

ConstantineXI on February 20, 2014 at 8:29 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Well alrighty then, have you signed up yet? And don’t tell me you already have insurance, drop that policy and get some obamacare cause it’s like 1000% better. Practice what you preach shithead.

BeachBum on February 20, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Well, golly gee, Walz, I’m convinced. Why didn’t you say so in the first place? If I was living in your district I’d vote for ya now…maybe even twice.
/s

Royal Fizzbin on February 20, 2014 at 8:30 AM

And Bishop!

DinaRehn on February 20, 2014 at 8:05 AM

You get NOTHING!

Typical politicians and liberals to boot, mush-mouth answers loaded to the gills with obfuscation and outright bullshiite.

“Everything wasn’t perfect before so we created a nationalized program where everything still isn’t perfect.”

That’s their response?

Bishop on February 20, 2014 at 8:32 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

You know what’s stale? Your relentless race-baiting. Good riddance.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on February 20, 2014 at 8:33 AM

What the hell is that supposed to mean? What we had before wasn’t “some type of safe harbor”? Ok, fine. But what would you call what we have now where people who had insurance are losing it and those who still have it are forced to pay a lot more for the same(or less) coverage?

If I didn’t know any better, that quote sounds like the politician is telling their constituent to just shut up and stop b-tching and complaining.

Doughboy on February 20, 2014 at 8:33 AM

“But don’t pretend there was some type of safe harbor before this where everything was just peachy keen.”

Well that’s rich.

Walz is lecturing everyone else not to “pretend”?

Who did all the “pretending” to begin with?

lynncgb on February 20, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Another thought.

I have 49 employees including the wife and I;

I cover all their group insurance costs;

Yearly average cost per employee $7,500;

(49-2) X $7,500 = $325,500 possible savings if I dump them to the Exchanges;

Currently no penalty for the company and thus, me;

Question—-What is a good Liberal like me going to do;

Context—–I warned everyone that would listen that The ACA was terrible.

My thinking—-My heart says cover their cost, My wallet says dump ‘em; My head is starting to think “I told you so”.

Reality—-Looking at the best option.

HonestLib on February 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

The Good Folks At Morehouse Say. Good Riddance!

Bmore on February 20, 2014 at 8:35 AM

As Carl Sagan would say “billions and billions”

barberbill on February 20, 2014 at 8:35 AM

posting here has gotten a bit stale…
libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

You posting has been stale from the word go. You won’t be missed. AMF.

tommyboy on February 20, 2014 at 8:35 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Well then good times are comin’, your girl will run the show and improve on the great success of Dog Eater.

A parting piece of advice: If Killary does win, don’t answer her help wanted ads for middle eastern ambassadors.

Bishop on February 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Of course you’re running away. that’s what liars and cowards do.

I hope someone saves this post. You’ve been wrong about everything you’ve ever posted, so it’s fitting that your farewell post would be the most ridiculous.

Dems are going to run on ‘successful’ Obamacare. Right.

Good luck in your future endeavors. If you’re as successful in them as you have been in your postings here…well, see you on Skid Row, pal.

PetecminMd on February 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM

One from me for the road slave.

Bmore on February 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Wow. Rep. Collin Peterson wins by proudly saying: “I voted ‘no‘…”

The other two, no matter what they said afterward, automatically lost that round.

BigGator5 on February 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Ed, you should note that the people of SW Minnesota have no representation. It’s a very conservative area with counties that always vote Republican. The region is divided between Walz’s district and the SE Democrats and Peterson and the NW Democrats. They’ve been fighting to get rid of Peterson for years but always get overtaken by the northern Democrats.

Hat Trick on February 20, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Most of the things that they claim to have fixed with Obamacare were lies in the first place. That is their real problem. They lied about what they were attempting to do, and lied about the consequences of doing what they were doing.

I don’t see how you defend that without lying more.

Mord on February 20, 2014 at 8:38 AM

rogerb on February 20, 2014 at 8:27 AM

That was sweet rogerb. ; )

Bmore on February 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Bye-bye libfree, and we wish you Karma. Hope you don’t cry in your beer too much after November, you lying dog.

HiJack on February 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

If you’re telling the truth about possibly not returning, I don’t blame you. If I was a liberal *shudder*, I wouldn’t want to be around either when the excrement hits the oscillating device in November.

Flora Duh on February 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Flora Duh on February 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Lest I be mistaken its the first time slave has ever shown itself on a 0Care thread. The defense rests.

Bmore on February 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Translation: Even a rabid national socialist leftist such as meself can’t defend the Fustercluck that is Obamacare.

AMF Bon Ami!

Does this mean I have resort to ripping apart your comrades in the Disqus cess-pool?

DinaRehn on February 20, 2014 at 8:45 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Let’s see we got Flora Duh back and you are leaving.

YEAH for us – win win :)

gophergirl on February 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM

This is also my sign off until the semester ends, and who knows if I’ll return after. Good wishes to those few people I’ve had the occasional pleasant exchange with, you know who you are. And peace out to the crazies!
libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

It is one thing to disagree with folks, as I disagree with you on tactics. It is quite another to invite yourself into someone’s home, gleefully poke them in the eye, and then run away while pointing at your “moral superiority”.

Take some time off, reflect on your inner soul, learn diversity, become a decent human being who cares about all folks; then I am sure you will be welcomed back. See you soon I hope. Finally, please don’t respond to my post as it will make your good bye look silly.

HonestLib on February 20, 2014 at 8:48 AM

gophergirl on February 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM

: )

Bmore on February 20, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Every family can save $2500 a year with Obamacare by not ever going to see a doctor or a hospital.See how easy that is.

docflash on February 20, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Kissmygrits on February 20, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I hope he was from the Right, because he sure made those 3 look like lying idiots.

Flora Duh on February 20, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Walz says, ” Kwitcher B*tchin you bitter clinger raaacist homophobes!”

workingclass artist on February 20, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Let’s see we got Flora Duh back and you are leaving.

YEAH for us – win win :)

gophergirl on February 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM

:-)

Flora Duh on February 20, 2014 at 8:50 AM

DinaRehn on February 20, 2014 at 8:05 AM

You get NOTHING!

That’s their response?

Bishop on February 20, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Doubling down on Socialism.

The parts that still work put the Obamacare Fustercluck in a bad light .

So let’s have the government take over everything with National Socialist healthcare so folks won’t know the difference!

DinaRehn on February 20, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I love it when Democrats are confronted by people who are ask Democrats embarrassing honest questions about Obamacare.

SC.Charlie on February 20, 2014 at 8:51 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. Good luck with midterms.

And yes, we agree, you’re posting is a bit stale.

And you’re wrong about everything else in that post. You won’t mention what of our spin on the CBO report is lies, so that has to be noted. All of the right’s “lies” about obamacare in 2009 have been proven, PROVEN, absolutely true. the Senate will go Republican, and if Americans would have gotten on board, they would have done it by now, *4 years* later. Answering questions about medicaid expansion is such a smaller problem than answering questions about the entire bill it can only mean you’re grasping at straws.

Jeff Weimer on February 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

And yes, we agree, you’re posting is a bit stale.

Jeff Weimer on February 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

A post without any substance, and then a hasty retreat? Don’t worry, if you ever come back I’ll still be wondering if you ever took the time to look into the following:

Here’s a simple question for you. Which of the founding fathers did not subscribe to the communitarian ethos Calhoun deploys to rationalize slavery? *sets sundial*

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

None. They weren’t nascent Commies like John C. Calhoun, and full blown Commies like you. Don’t you think you need to provide some proof for such a ridiculous smear there Mr. Calhoun? You’re a history perfesser, right?

NotCoach on August 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NotCoach on February 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Huh. Double post.

Sorry about that!

Jeff Weimer on February 20, 2014 at 8:54 AM

You can be sent to prison for telling a lie to ANY government flunkie.

ConstantineXI on February 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Follow up question: Which is more important for a working society – the government being truthful or it’s citizens being truthful?

DinaRehn on February 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Reality—-Looking at the best option.

HonestLib on February 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I think at least 1/3 of employers who have company plans will dump their employees onto the exchanges.

NotCoach on February 20, 2014 at 8:56 AM

The bloodbath in November will be epic, IF the GOP doesn’t screw it up.

Occams Stubble on February 20, 2014 at 8:58 AM

2,000 more pages of lawyer mumbo jumbo should fix anyone looking to save $2500. If I lived in MN I would be some proud of the people you send to Washington. You folks can give MA a run for their money.
Now for some good news!!! libfreeordie GONE!!!!

RickinNH on February 20, 2014 at 9:01 AM

HonestLib on February 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Hire at least one more and get an O’care delay til 2016.

antipc on February 20, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Reality—-Looking at the best option.

HonestLib on February 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Did you support/campaign/fundraise/donate/vote for Obama?

Or did you actively work against Democrats/the ACA last time around?

It makes a difference.

lynncgb on February 20, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Being liberal means never having to say “I’m responsible.”

PackerBronco on February 20, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Now for some good news!!! libfreeordie GONE!!!!

RickinNH on February 20, 2014 at 9:01 AM

No matter who we elect at least we’re not Wisconsin, the birthplace of syphilis, bird flu, and tooth decay.

Bishop on February 20, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Now for some good news!!! libfreeordie GONE!!!!

RickinNH on February 20, 2014 at 9:01 AM

He is passing the torch to a sock puppet since his brainfree handle has been thoroughly shamed.

NotCoach on February 20, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Bishop on February 20, 2014 at 9:09 AM

And The Packers!

Bmore on February 20, 2014 at 9:14 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Translated, the New Bus Station opened finally in his home town and there are new “business opportunities” to be had there.

Th is man is not or ever was a professor. He cannot write at the high school level, let alone college or college instructor level. His arguments here are nothing more than his favorite go-to liberal sources for talking points. His objective reasoning is in the dirt. There is nothing happening at any college anywhere in America that will occupy his time. His character, “libfreeordie”, like every other character he’s used here, has just been so badly abused it cannot be taken seriously anymore.

He has other socks he thinks he’ll do better with.

hawkdriver on February 20, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Bye-bye libfree, and we wish you Karma. Hope you don’t cry in your beer Zima too much after November, you lying dog.

HiJack on February 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Sorry. I almost never edit folk’s comments.

hawkdriver on February 20, 2014 at 9:20 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Don’t let the door … THUMP . . . . . never mind.

listens2glenn on February 20, 2014 at 9:23 AM

that’s when the bill’s passage was imminent, tea party shenanigans were at an all time high and the rightObama was flooding the airwaves with lies about the ACA.

FIFY libfree

And I would really like to know which “lies”the right was spewing that actually haven’t come true? Seems to me that the right said it would not pay for itself (it hasn’t), that premiums and deductibles would rise (they have dramatically), employers would dump employees over the costs and/or cut their hours (they have), that the Feds could not dictate to states how to handle their Medicaid (Supreme Court confirmed that), that the individual mandate was unconstitutional (in John Roberts twisted, distorttion of the law as a “tax” which it never was written as or intended to be), it would kill small business (confirmed by Obama with his unconstitutional mandate delay), shall I go on?

HughJass on February 20, 2014 at 9:24 AM

libfreeordie is leaving right after an open registration day. Coincidence? I think not.

If the good folks at HotAir would do an SQL dump of the database and run a forensic analysis on the comments, no doubt they would find that libfreeordie is one of seventeen or so handles for the same person. As soon as he wears one out, he’s back with another. Or two.

What a small, little man with a very small world.

JoseQuinones on February 20, 2014 at 9:27 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

The ol’ fingers in the ears saying la la la la trick, eh?

Son, look. You ain’t a professor. Anyone may represent himself as anything they want from behind a computer screen. Hell Chudi has like 50 PhDs from various institutions. Know how I know? Prove he doesn’t.

Anyhoo, the fact that your life is pathetic and you are somehow empty on the inside is not our fault. Try as you might, you cannot draw us down to your level of misery.

There are people and organizations out there that will help you in overcoming your anger, self-hatred, homosexuality, etc., but you must make the first move and seek them out. I promise, it’s not as difficult as you think. Put yourself in motion, son. It gets easier from there and you’ll kick yourself for not trying it sooner.

Lanceman on February 20, 2014 at 9:30 AM

So by the way, I just read the entire CBO report on raising the minimum wage. Your spin on it was pure lies, so it’s time for me to feebly try and hijack this thread!

Fixed.

Choke on it, Teaching Assistant.

On the Minimum Wage, Let’s Listen to the New York Times.

…the New York Times and its administration-lapdog columnists, like Paul Krugman, are promoting the Democrats’ proposal to raise the federal minimum wage. No surprise there. But at one time, the Times–even its editorial board!–knew better. On January 14, 1987, the Times editorialized: The Right Minimum Wage: $0.00. Then, someone at the paper understood the laws of economics:

[T]here’s a virtual consensus among economists that the minimum wage is an idea whose time has passed. Raising the minimum wage by a substantial amount would price working poor people out of the job market. …

An increase in the minimum wage to, say, $4.35 would restore the purchasing power of bottom-tier wages. It would also permit a minimum-wage breadwinner to earn almost enough to keep a family of three above the official poverty line. There are catches, however. It would increase employers’ incentives to evade the law, expanding the underground economy. More important, it would increase unemployment: Raise the legal minimum price of labor above the productivity of the least skilled workers and fewer will be hired.

If a higher minimum means fewer jobs, why does it remain on the agenda of some liberals? A higher minimum would undoubtedly raise the living standard of the majority of low-wage workers who could keep their jobs. That gain, it is argued, would justify the sacrifice of the minority who became unemployable. The argument isn’t convincing. Those at greatest risk from a higher minimum would be young, poor workers, who already face formidable barriers to getting and keeping jobs.

Tell us why what the NY Times wrote in 1987 is not equally true today, and we won’t laugh at you.

F-

Del Dolemonte on February 20, 2014 at 9:30 AM

It pisses me off that after the question was asked they all laughed. I’ll give a pass to Peterson since he didn’t vote for it but the other two? You saddled all of us with this monstrosity and you laugh about it? Jackholes.

KateNE on February 20, 2014 at 9:30 AM

And the audience laughed, as if it’s all one big joke. They should have risen to their feet and demanded an explanation.

HiJack on February 20, 2014 at 9:30 AM

As a matter of fact, look for the very next liberal commenter here who focuses mainly on “social justice” as rabidly as libfreeordeathtomediahacks does and he will be your “:man”. (Being generous) Additionally, GodlessCommie is libfreeordie. If you see Godless commenting you are seeing libfree commenting.

There, I’m done “pearl clutching”.

But as a commenter above stated, it is the ACA that has libtards unable to speak coherently about anything these days. The video, from MN no less, is very reassuring that America has seen, regardless of what the media tries to push, that this thing is bad law, that they’ve been lied to about it and they want a pound of flesh or two over it.

So, it’s telling that in a thread about the ACA, our resident college educated village idiot wants to talk about a CBO report on minimum wage. Let the 2014 midterms commence and chips fall where they may.

I like our chances.

hawkdriver on February 20, 2014 at 9:32 AM

That clicking sound you hear is 1000 of us hitting copy/paste

See you in November.

Chuck Schick on February 20, 2014 at 9:32 AM

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

NotCoach on August 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

NotCoach on February 20, 2014 at 8:52 AM

listens2glenn on February 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Bishop on February 20, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Yeah, and maybe there’s some pretzels in the, in the, in the …bar car…

Lanceman on February 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM

HiJack on February 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Sorry. I almost never edit folk’s comments.

hawkdriver on February 20, 2014 at 9:20 AM

I stand corrected. I was giving him too much credit for being a man instead of the fluff that he is.

HiJack on February 20, 2014 at 9:35 AM

JoseQuinones on February 20, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Without a doubt.

libfreeordie was deathtomediahacks. death was banned for threatening a fellow commenter
libfreeordie is GodlessCommie

Most likely.

DBear and quite a few others.

hawkdriver on February 20, 2014 at 9:37 AM

hawkdriver on February 20, 2014 at 9:32 AM

They do tend to pick similar type names. In lidie’s case, seemingly (to him), clever , ironic names.

Lanceman on February 20, 2014 at 9:37 AM

How hard is it really to be one of these elected officials? It’s easy peasy. Let me give it a go.

“What happened to my promised $2500 in savings from the ACA?”

“The solutions need to be broader and more inclusive, making sure that no one is left behind, because this is the USA and everything.”

“Oh thank you Congressman, thank you. And how much of other people’s money am I going to get this year for not farming my farm to capacity to keep my prices artificially high since that 1949 law is still so relevant if not more so today?”

Yeah! Pandemonium. Clapping and tears.

We’re hosed.

Borgcube on February 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM

HiJack on February 20, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Still a great comment.

hawkdriver on February 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM

listens2glenn on February 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I set it awhile ago, but it’s buried under six feet of snow right now.

NotCoach on February 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

libfreeordie on February 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We’re going to miss you like a front tooth. Your averages of being correct on any given subject never fails to cheer us.

Cindy Munford on February 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM

NotCoach on February 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Del might give you a deal on one of those snowdials he’s been using lately. ; )

Bmore on February 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM

rogerb on February 5, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I never saw this comment of yours before rogerb. Worth saving. Worth repeating.

hawkdriver on February 20, 2014 at 9:45 AM

.You did remember to *set the sundial*, didn’t you, ‘Coach ? . . . . . Looks like it’s gonna be a while . . . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on February 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Snowdials now. Too much Gore-Bull Warming.

BTW, I’ve been here at Hot Gas since 2007 or so, and have seen many posters say they’re going to leave. Most of them don’t.

Del Dolemonte on February 20, 2014 at 9:45 AM

All I heard was some guy mumbling like The Muppet’s Swedish Chef about something he wasn’t going to be responsible for doing…

ExpressoBold on February 20, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Cindy Munford on February 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I wish we would have had some warning this was going to happen. I feel so unprepared. No going away party, not even a cake. And a watch would have been the perfect going away present.

Oh dear God….hold on, give me 10 minutes.

libfreeordie on August 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM

hawkdriver on February 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM

NotCoach on February 20, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Del might give you a deal on one of those snowdials he’s been using lately. ; )

Bmore on February 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I’d have a Winter Clearance Sale, but the season refuses to leave.

Del Dolemonte on February 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Excusing the problems with the ACA by saying the previous system was flawed too is like the medical quacks of the 1700′s bleeding a patient to death and then saying “well, he was sick anyway”. Making something worse is not excused by saying it had problems.

KW64 on February 20, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Just for you…

“Rick Santelli and the “Rant of the Year” 2009

workingclass artist on February 20, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Death to Media Hacks!

Lib-Free or Die!

Lanceman on February 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I’d have a Winter Clearance Sale, but the season refuses to leave.

Del Dolemonte on February 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM

We should be losing some of those mountains of snow around here today. Supposed to get up to 46+ degrees with rain, so my sundial will soon be under a lake.

NotCoach on February 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM