Nancy Grace to Piers Morgan on guns: That’s enough outta you, Limey

posted at 10:01 pm on February 18, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

One loopy, arrogant CNN host castigating the most loopy, arrogant CNN host, and using the American Revolution to do it? You know you gotta be bringing the quality ruckus when Van Jones and Ben Ferguson, the purported partisans in this fight, are just sitting back and chuckling at you.

Oh, my. Why? Because you deserve it. And, it may be the only time you ever side with Nancy Grace.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Here we have more evidence that the left has a mind disease, they never see what leads up to an event, but only the outcome. the outcome is what counts to the brain dead. Well here’s an out come for you to think about. Hitler was successful in disarming the people and then went on to kill 20 million people.

jainphx on February 19, 2014 at 12:30 AM

whar did loveofcountry go?

Open enrollment sucks. Always.

So this n00b’s shtick appears to be throwing out a challenge, mocking all well-sourced responses from any site he considers conservative and ignoring all others. Then running.

Oh joy. What a delight it is to have him here with us. Ugh.

29Victor on February 19, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Go Nancy!!

bluegill on February 19, 2014 at 1:05 AM

i’m sorry. i just can overcome my distaste of nancyto support her on this.

broken clock and all that.

todler on February 19, 2014 at 1:33 AM

I don’t know why people are always so down on Nancy Grace. Yes, shes obnoxious and opinionated, but if a man were behaving the same way, no one would care as much.

She is always going to side with the prosecution. She is like a pro-prosecution partisan.

Of course her show is very tabloid and sensationalistic, but much of cable news is. I like her spirit.

bluegill on February 19, 2014 at 2:48 AM

I must admit that Nancy was spot on here. What she said had a ring Patriotism that I don’t think she gets.

UnstChem on February 19, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Why do these racists hate self defense laws?

Do they just want vulnerable victims?

Murphy9 on February 18, 2014 at 10:35 PM

My, how this relates to the knockout “games.”(selective anarchy) Have they ever tried to knock out an armed guard or a cop>? I wonder why not?

Don L on February 19, 2014 at 6:24 AM

bluegill on February 19, 2014 at 2:48 AM

And she’s not like Sarah Palin…right?

Don L on February 19, 2014 at 6:25 AM

And she’s not like Sarah Palin…right?

Don L on February 19, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Sarah who?

rhombus on February 19, 2014 at 7:09 AM

bluegill on February 19, 2014 at 2:48 AM

derp

dmacleo on February 19, 2014 at 7:53 AM

I rarely watch the news on the MSM too phony it’s equal is professional wrestling.

mixplix on February 19, 2014 at 8:05 AM

And, it may be the only time you ever side with Nancy Grace.

And I feel dirty for doing so.

Physics Geek on February 19, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Why can’t it be, that she is sideing with ME, for a change.
It’s the language people, learn it!
(where is Monster, when you need him?)

Offhanded on February 19, 2014 at 8:17 AM

“..because you lot can’t seem to solve your own gun problems.”

Yes, but we seem to have sorted out our personal phone tapping problems, piers.

How are things going for you on that front, piers?

GrassMudHorsey on February 19, 2014 at 8:20 AM

bluegill on February 19, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Sorry, bluegill, I have to disagree. She’s an attention junkie and an idiot. She lacked the intellectual honesty to call the prosecution on their stupidity in how they charged Casey Anthony, who, I believe killed her daughter but not as a premeditated act. I have my own theory, not that it’s relevant. Nancy Grace is knee-jerk and there are good reasons she is on television instead of in the courtroom.

Besides, though her sentiment is laudable, she makes an appallingly bad spokesperson for anything that has to do with the US Constitution.

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe on February 19, 2014 at 8:22 AM

And, it may be the only time you ever side with Nancy Grace.

No, no, no, never from the side. Only from behind and only with the lights turned off.

Nutstuyu on February 19, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Racist!! /

Ahem I am a brit… o_O

Scrumpy on February 18, 2014 at 10:09 PM

See, Brits have the same color skin, so there’s no racism.

/NAACP Official

Nutstuyu on February 19, 2014 at 8:29 AM

I just want to know how much loveofcountry gets paid to come in and dump on our threads.

OldNuke, Love that Quigley clip, pretty much says it all.

NavyspyII on February 19, 2014 at 8:39 AM

What is a nonblack? kcewa on February 18, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Everybody else? The rest of us? 86-88%?

wolly4321 on February 18, 2014 at 10:34 PM

I thought we’re all descended from the same African woman from 600,000 years ago? It just takes one drop right?

Nutstuyu on February 19, 2014 at 8:40 AM

The party of science!

NotCoach on February 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM

I already got my horoscope for today, thanks.

Nutstuyu on February 19, 2014 at 8:46 AM

OldNuke, Love that Quigley clip, pretty much says it all.

NavyspyII on February 19, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Clearly more than loveofidiocy is worth.

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe on February 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Did anyone check to see what the temperature in Hades is today? I think it might have melted. Who would have thought it from Nancy Grace. Oh my.

evie1949 on February 19, 2014 at 8:57 AM

She called him a ‘limey’? Is that racist across the pond?

Kissmygrits on February 19, 2014 at 8:57 AM

loveofcountry, Lolz! You’re an idiot.

Bmore on February 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Loveofcountry: Dude (?), if you really cared about black people, you’d be horrified at the large number being killed and care far less about the identities of those who kill them. You love yourself and don’t give a d**n about the people being killed.

philosoph0123 on February 18, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Well pegged.

baldilocks on February 19, 2014 at 9:38 AM

… and then the idiot Morgan replies “It needs to be a Brit to explain it to you … ”

Matthew Quiqley said it well: “Major. We already run the misfits outta our country. We sent ‘em back to England.”

… except my British friends tell me “we ran him out of England for the same reason! We DO NOT want him back!

r27cj on February 19, 2014 at 9:41 AM

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe on February 19, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Of course she’s not intellectually honest. She’s a total pro-prosecution partisan and will argue for the state no matter what, but she probably rationalizes that and believes what she’s doing is right. And of course she wants to make a splash and sensationalize stories… that’s typical of all those shows. It’s her business. I disagree with you when you say she’s an idiot, though. She’s also great communicator with a lot of theatrical ability. One thing I appreciate about her is that she rarely does the fake, nicey nice act in interviews. She’s emotional and lights up the screen and it’s not hard to see why she has been such a success on tv. Nothing in half measure for her.

bluegill on February 19, 2014 at 9:53 AM

That’s enough outta you, Limey

POSTED AT 10:01 PM ON FEBRUARY 18, 2014 BY MARY KATHARINE HAM

One gold star and one smiley face for MKH. Not sure why that’s so funny, but it is.

antipc on February 19, 2014 at 9:55 AM

jainphx on February 19, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Actually, you are wrong about that and informed liberals (there are a few) will point out that Hitler’s only actions on gun control was to make it easier to get guns. (They may leave out the part that it was only for party members, though.)

The gun control/confiscation happened before Hitler came to power by well meaning progressives hoping to encourage peace. (They also will be unlikely to mention this.)

How they don’t make the connection that this is actually WORSE for their argument, I don’t know. But they will tell you Hitler didn’t enact gun control.

makattak on February 19, 2014 at 10:00 AM

“You aww is rayciss! You ain’ be knowin’ about da schtruggo da black peepa go troo at da hands of whitey ev’ry day!”

-loveofzimbabwe in spirit,if not exact wording.

Lanceman on February 19, 2014 at 10:00 AM

@mixplix–Did you ever nail it? They’re there to entertain themselves, and FNC is getting to be that way, too.

RoyalFlush on February 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I recall Nancy acting like someone carrying a concealed firearm was something only a crazy, murderous person would do.
See her interview with a Zimmerman friend. Pro gun she is not.

Hard Right on February 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Of course she’s not intellectually honest. She’s a total pro-prosecution partisan and will argue for the state no matter what, but she probably rationalizes that and believes what she’s doing is right. bluegill on February 19, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Unfortunately, that is not a prosecutor’s role. The prosecutor, not the defense counsel, has a duty to the people of the state/county he/she represents, to advocate vigorously, but ethically, and to protect the rights of the accused. When you advocate for the prosecution/state, regardless of the validity of its position, just to notch another conviction in your belt or to raise ratings, you are an unethical hack. It may just be the attorney in me (I do not do criminal defense, btw), but I take the rules of professional behavior very seriously, and her behavior is professionally offensive to me.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. ;-)

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe on February 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I got as far into her argument as “if it wasn’t for the British we wouldn’t need guns” before ending the video. It takes hearing these baboons mouth an position I agree with to realize just how boorish these people are. Yes, the second amendment is there to protect us from tyranny. But seriously “if it wasn’t for the British” is the start of your nuanced argument towards that point?

Just turn it off and walk away. Somewhere along the line we’ve saught out TV personalities that appeal to the same audience as the Jerry Springer show. Nothing but abrasive idiots stupidly yelling at each other.

jhffmn on February 19, 2014 at 10:34 AM

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe on February 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Nancy Grace is a disgrace to the legal profession and to television. Even Jonathan Turley, professor of law at Georgetown University and no friend of conservatives, agrees:

“I think she has managed to demean both professions with her hype, rabid persona, and sensational analysis.”

She is sleazy, slimy, and has never apologized for convicting first, ignoring the presumption of, and actual innocence later. In Nancy’s world:

The Duke lacrosse team raped Crystal Gail Mangum.

Gary Condit murdered Chandra Levy.

Richard Ricci kidnapped Elizabeth Smart. (To which Grace replied when it became evident that he had not, but died while in custody: “I’m not going on a guilt trip.”)

The Supreme Court of Georgia, which threw out two of her convictions as a prosecutor, would agree with you:

(“[T]he conduct of the prosecuting attorney demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness, and was inexcusable… the prosecuting attorney engaged in an extensive pattern of inappropriate and, in some cases, illegal conduct in the course of the trial.” Brief and Enumerations of Error, Carr v. State, 1996 WL 33482455, at *152-64 (July 24, 1996) cited by Professor Bainbridge.

She should have been fired from television eons ago.

de rigueur on February 19, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Poor Muskets Morgan. He still hasn’t gotten over Andrew Jackson (“Ol’ hickory”) slaughtering the Brits with just armed citizens in the battle of New Orleans, 1815.

199 years; still carries a grudge. Sad.

kurtzz3 on February 19, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Nancy Grace is angling for a job with MSNBC.

oldennis on February 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM

loveofcountry on February 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM

It seems to me that Trayvon used his arms quite effectively to punch Zimmerman and beat his head into the concrete. Zimmerman’s gun leveled the playing field.

Wendya on February 19, 2014 at 1:29 PM

No. I have a problem with blacks killing blacks. I have a bigger problem with whites killing unarmed blacks and getting away with it under the law.

loveofcountry on February 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM

FIFY

Huckabye-Romney on February 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM

So loveofcountry…do you mourn for the 56 million that have perished at the hands of paid killers…do you mourn for the black families that have no daddies and have relinquished their responsibility to the democrats…no you mourn for some punk kid who picked a fight with a guy and his gun…I tell you that there are hundreds of Trayvons in the inner city brought to you by the policies of the democrat party…mourn for this country that you claim you love

crosshugger on February 19, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Doth Nan protest too much? She’s still a leftie and, I believe, IF she is ‘for’ the 2nd Amendment, it’s with a multitude of caveats, resulting in, “Guns for me but not for thee”.

vnvet on February 20, 2014 at 5:01 PM

loveofcountry on February 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM

If an unarmed assailant is trying to beat me to death, and I have a gun, guess what happens next? And I haven’t the slightest care about his ancestry. And I will go free “under the law”.

What you should really have a problem with is why such a large proportion of assailants trying to beat people to death are non-non-blacks.

Focus.