Five-term former Dem Congressman calls exiting Congresswoman a “bimbo”

posted at 9:21 pm on February 18, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

To be fair, former Rep. Joe Baca’s a Democrat, so he knows the intricate and contradictory rules of the “War on Women” allow him to say this with little to no price to pay. He was also on the West Coast when the misogyny was perpetrated, which is another loophole for Democratic men looking to act like skeezeballs. And, finally, the woman in question had the temerity to beat him in an election in 2012, so who can blame him? Amirite?

Former Rep. Joe Baca (D-Calif.) won’t switch districts to run for Rep. Gloria Negrete McLeod’s (D-Calif.) seat.

“No, I’m running for the 31st Congressional seat,” Baca told The Hill when reached by phone shortly after Negrete McLeod’s announcement that she’ll leave Congress after one term. “That has no bearing on me making any kind of decision, I’ve already made my decision to run in the 31st which is my old district and a vacancy. There’s no incumbent in that seat, I’m a veteran with a proving track record and experience and seniority matters.”

Baca lost to Negrete McLeod in a nasty all-party race in 2012, and is now running for retiring Rep. Gary Miller’s (R-Calif.) seat…

“What’s the difference? They’ve conspired to work against me in one, they’d turn around and do the same in the other, right? Would you roll the dice and hope they wouldn’t?” he asked rhetorically.

“Look at what we wound up with: Some bimbo who decided not to run again.

Baca, who is running in another California district but struggling to raise money, later apologized:

“I wanted to apologize for the poor choice of words,” he said. “I was upset and disappointed that we have a person that’s not running again. To me [Negrete McLeod's retirement] was a disservice to the area.”

“The people lost the representative. They want someone who’s got continuity. … I was just disappointed. That’s all it was.”

Democrats will almost certainly hold the seat in the heavily blue district. For her part, Negrete McLeod will be running for local office instead:

Another Democrat won’t be returning to Congress in 2015: freshman Rep. Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-Calif.) has opted to run for county supervisor rather than reelection.

“I have chosen to seek election to the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors and not reelection to Congress,” Negrete McLeod said in a statment. “This was a decision not made lightly. However my desire to represent this community locally, where I have lived for more than forty years, and where I have long served as an elected official, won out.” …

Negrete McLeod is the second House member to run for another office that isn’t governor or Senate. Rep. Tim Griffin (R-Ark.) announced last week that he would run for lieutenant governor.

I, for one, am in favor of as many federal politicians as possible recognizing it might be more effective for them to be local leaders instead of traipsing across the country to ruin all of our lives. Especially when the politician is a Democrat, the realization that local government might be closer, more responsive, and therefore more effective for the citizen is a gratifying one. Godspeed.

Comments

Did you see that new Late Night show host?

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Did you see Obama in California…?
He’s cool

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Did you see that the East got 2 feet of snow in Winter?

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Did you see that California wants water?

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:24 PM

But if Romney tells the truth about the 47%ers……

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:25 PM

All lights on him…

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Jerk. Don’t these people have any upbringing.

crankyoldlady on February 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM

6 more months…and I will be without insurance….not that I won’t pay…just that the Dems and Obama said that my insurance isn’t good enough……

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Joe Baca, Jerry Brown.
Jerry Brown, Joe Baca.
But you two have probably already met.

Flange on February 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Maybe she really is a bimbo, you homophobes ever consider that?

Read a book sometime.

Bishop on February 18, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Bishop on February 18, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I read….

Now I am on the list…

Anti-Bimbo….

So I must change my whole life….

And tell my CPA that I have to change the way I file..

IRS…

Take me away..

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:33 PM

“Look at what we wound up with: Some bimbo who decided not to run again. … Here we go again now with another New Yorker trying to tell us who’s going to be the representative of the 31st. It’s up to the people to decide.”

To which the Bimbo replies, “better than being called a carpet bagger, I guess.”

bettycooper on February 18, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Negrete McLeod’s (D-Calif.)

…was he being racist?

KOOLAID2 on February 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM

The reality is he’s just another azzhole who’s so pathetic that he can’t make it out here where the policy hits the people.

Bishop on February 18, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Bada Boom,Bada Bing!!

Scotsman on February 18, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Where is the GOP? If a Republican had said this the DNC would’ve wasted not one second in putting their messaging machine into action. A Dem makes a remark that GOP could use to turn the tables on the Dems over their war on women rhetoric and the RNC is silent.

Mark1971 on February 18, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Looks like a DEmocrat…… Jus say’n.

Scotsman on February 18, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Hell, this guy is a piker…..I’ve called Loretta Sanchez
a lot worse..

ToddPA on February 18, 2014 at 9:45 PM

While former Rep. Joe Baca (D-Calif) is in an honest mood, can we ask him what he thought of other Democrats he served with in Congress????

Please, please , please?

Let’s ask him about Nancy Pelosi first!

wren on February 18, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Mask off.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 18, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Mark1971 on February 18, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Here in California, the Republican Party is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Democrat Party.

oscarwilde on February 18, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I still can’t believe we are being forced to buy something the idiot politicians want us to buy.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2014 at 9:49 PM

So what? Isn’t “bimbo” Hillary Clinton’s preferred term for women who threaten her grip on power? And isn’t she likely to be the democrat party’s presidential nominee in 2016? So therefore isn’t “bimbo” a perfectly acceptable term among democrats for women?

Rational Thought on February 18, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Former Congressman Joe Baca

If she’s a “bimbo”, how are you NOT a ‘gigolo’, … former Congressman Baca ?

listens2glenn on February 18, 2014 at 9:52 PM

SparkPlug on February 18, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Welcome to America..

Where the uninformed need subsidies..

I will not pay….

Electrongod on February 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM

SparkPlug on February 18, 2014 at 9:49 PM

And now the cost for my insurance is 3 times higher than it was before the politicians got involved.

The Wizards of Smart strike again!

The 2014 elections can’t come fast enough!

wren on February 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Progressives don’t recognize “citizens”- only lords like themselves, and peasants like everyone else.

She’s probably just concluded that oppressing and torturing the “little people” is so much more fun and fulfilling when she can see the misery on their faces, and the fear in their eyes, as she pronounces her latest bit of sadism. Made doubly so because she can finish by telling them,

…And there isn’t one damn thing you can do to stop me.

Progressives are doing a sacky-dance in the endzone of Western civilization.

I doubt either of these two is any different.

clear ether

eon

eon on February 18, 2014 at 9:56 PM

The 2014 elections can’t come fast enough!

wren on February 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Agreed, no matter who wins we’ll still get an amnesty deal and I can’t wait.

Bishop on February 18, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Agreed, no matter who wins we’ll still get an amnesty deal and I can’t wait.

Bishop on February 18, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I want Amnesty Supporters from both sides of the aisle to be VOTED OUT OF OFFICE before there is time for any deal making!

We just all have to start working hard NOW to support candidates around the country who will actually ENFORCE OUR LAWS AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

The 2014 Primary Season begins in 2 weeks!

wren on February 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Is he related to Chew Baca?

Bertram Cabot Jr. on February 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Kids song for liberals:

“B I M B O, B I M BO, B I M B O, and Bimbo was her name O!

ncjetsfan on February 18, 2014 at 11:32 PM

The graft is easier closer to home?

Cliff by the Ford on February 18, 2014 at 11:53 PM

And Baca is no gigolo, who would pay for that?

Cliff by the Ford on February 18, 2014 at 11:59 PM

They are BOTH Bimbos – they are both Democrats.

Baca is a prick to boot.

Bubba Redneck on February 19, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Bravo, MKH, well done!

Offhanded on February 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM

California Congressional figures = lol

Freeloader on February 19, 2014 at 8:22 AM

You know, part of intelligence is having a filter and being abke to think before you speak. If I said everything that crosses my mind, things woukd get really ugly.

TXMomof3 on February 19, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Bishop on February 18, 2014 at 9:29 PM

When being sued for defamation, truth is an absolute defense.

Sayin’

BigAlSouth on February 19, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Baca makes it sound like he owns a seat in the House and he’s owed reelection from somewhere. What those voters in that solidly blue district need to ask themselves, what is it that he’s done for us in CA that we want to send him back to DC. McLeod must have figured out that the county pension pays better.

Kissmygrits on February 19, 2014 at 8:38 AM

She’s from Kalifornika. If she walks like a bimbo, talks like a bimbo, and acts like a bimbo, she’e s a — you figure it out.

Old Country Boy on February 19, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Is he related to Chew Baca?

Bertram Cabot Jr. on February 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Bacalounger.

de rigueur on February 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Honesty from any politician even a lying, thieving, belly-crawling, commie-dem is a good thing.

earlgrey on February 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Translation ~ The people deserve only the best professional politicians, who presume to spend their entire adult lives as permanent congressmen in any blue district.

Is it time for federal term limits yet?

Freelancer on February 19, 2014 at 9:16 PM