Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 12, 2014 by Allahpundit

Republicans have done everything they can think of to strike down Obamacare, but they’ve still only managed to come in second place. For all the House votes to repeal, defund, or weaken Obamacare, some of the most significant setbacks for the law have come from the administration itself

[T]he law does have a specific vision of the future of health insurance. And to hit that vision, it relies on a delicate balance of popular carrots—think coverage for those with preexisting conditions—and unpopular sticks, such as the ever-controversial individual mandate. And the administration keeps chipping away at unpopular parts—sometimes directly, and sometimes by handing Republicans a political weapon.

From a policy perspective, another delay in the employer mandate is negligible. The mandate doesn’t cover very many people. But it gave another big opening to congressional Republicans, who argued—as they did the first time—that big business was getting a break while individuals were still required to buy insurance…

None of these missteps was fatal to the law, and ultimately what matters is people signing up. But Democrats’ vision for the Affordable Care Act is far more likely to happen if they keep control of the Senate this year, and the seemingly endless string of implementation setbacks is making that harder.

***

The Affordable Care Act means what it says and says what it means.

Until it doesn’t.

The arbiter is President Obama and a phalanx of health care advisers and political strategists.

Together, they try to implement what even Obama’s heartiest loyalists concede is an onerous and complicated law. They do this amid myriad Democratic midterm anxieties. And frothy Republican objections.

But it’s time to concede that no one has been more adept or aggressive about delaying and defanging Obamacare than Obama himself. Systematically and with an eye toward his party’s immediate political troubles, Obama has reshaped, photo-shopped, reimagined, and reengineered Obamacare. It all sounds techy and cool and flexible—at least to the administration. To those who must live with and live under the law, the arbitrary is the norm. The only pattern is chaos. Obamacare’s worst enemy is Obama.

***

There are good reasons that Democrats should be leery about using presidential power to achieve their ends.

Most important, the executive orders put into place by one president can be easily and quickly overturned by the next president. Killing policies that are put into place by Obama would not be extraordinarily difficult nor would it require the kind of long, protracted struggle that Republicans have engaged in with Obamacare, thus far unsuccessfully…

Presidential power also deprives a policy of the fierce public debate and congressional vote that comes with legislation. Although the process of passing bills through Congress is usually very painful for a president, if successful a policy obtains a kind of legitimacy that rarely comes from executive action. This is evident from how durable the programs from the New Deal and Great Society, such as Social Security, the Civil Rights Act, and Medicare and Medicaid have been over time…

Obama certainly would prefer to obtain legislation and the turn to executive power is a decision of last resort, one that realistically might be the only way he can achieve anything else in the next few years. But the strategy will come with some significant costs and Obama’s legacy will remain fragile and vulnerable in the coming years.

***

Thus have we been treated to an intriguing paradox: When Congress wishes to delay or amend Obamacare, it risks upsetting the entire American settlement — nullifying a law that was apparently set in aspic, never to be touched; but when Obama wishes to delay or amend Obamacare, he is merely ensuring that it works properly. Indeed, if Congress so much as hints that it would be willing to pass an alteration to the law, the administration takes it as read that it has been granted the moral permission to act on its own; but if Congress wouldn’t be willing to pass a change, then the president is forced to act in order to counter what we are reliably informed is unprecedented obstruction. It’s awfully clever.

This approach seems to have convinced the press corps, even in such cases as it is patently obvious that the government’s changes have nothing to do with the government and everything to do with politics. Almost every media outlet openly acknowledged yesterday that the newest delay was the product of electoral expedience — “in a midterm election year, the WH simply did not need any more healthcare headaches,” CBS’s Major Garrett averred, his eyebrows remaining level — and yet in not a single case did anybody ask the next question, “how is this remotely acceptable?” Certainly, I comprehend the temptation toward cynicism that the abject hypocrisy of politics can yield. I empathize, too, with those who have come to the resigned conclusion that all legal opinions are driven by partisan preference and that each and every challenge to the process by which things are achieved is ultimately a cloaked objection to the outcome at hand. As conservatives had a poor record of calling out executive overreach when George W. Bush was president, the progressive response to Obama’s accelerating domestic imperialism has thus far been to cheer and ask for more. But are we to conclude that this make it acceptable? Of course not.

***

Via Fox News.

fn

***

But why couldn’t U.S. taxpayers, who will be stuck paying for these executive actions, sue the president? “The general public, the taxpayers, are hurt in that this makes that much more unstable and that much more unaffordable a program that was already unstable and unaffordable. But there is a longstanding jurisprudential rule that one cannot establish standing merely by virtue of one’s status as a taxpayer, absent certain rare circumstances,” Lee said.

So when no one has standing to sue the president, is there anything Congress can do to stop his unconstitutional actions? “I think the most effective, efficient way of doing it, the way that sort of maximizes the deterrent effect without significantly disrupting government in general is for Congress to use its spending power in such way that withholds funds in areas in which the president has overreached,” Lee said. “There were many who suggested that we do precisely that, for example, with the illegal recess appointments by withholding funding for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau–you know, when Richard Corday was illegally recess appointed. But alas, the CFPB is funded through the Federal Reserve, which is a private, for-profit corporation and isn’t funded by Congress, so that was outside of Congress’s purview.”

“In other circumstances, Congress has just declined to exercise that option of withholding funding,” Lee continued. “But it is what Congress is supposed to do. The Founding Fathers contemplated that. James Madison discussed it in Fedralist 57. And it’s perhaps the most effective, least intrusive tool for Congress to respond to executive overreach.”

***

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

Republicans have done everything they can think of to strike down Obamacare …

Uhm … no … they have the power of the purse and could have refused to fund it.

But keep f*cking that chicken!

ShainS on February 12, 2014 at 11:16 PM

On the topic of the Obamas’ rank hypocrisy—which encompasses everything they do from ObamaCare to State Dinners—as Obama blathers on about income inequality:

Anyone see the photo that Michelle tweeted of their dogs wearing jewelry ready for the State dinner with Hollande?

Anyone see the photo of Michelle’s dress estimated to have cost $12K?

INC on February 12, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:15 PM

I rode the short bus in grade school- so I’ve got thick skin.
*shrugs*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

So we’re supposed to IGNORE annoyinglittletwunt. Thanks for the advice

onesheep on February 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM

The Liberal War on Women continues.

libfreesMom on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

I haven’t run across onesheep until tonight. Newbie troll?

KCB on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Uh, if you’ve been following us for two years, shouldn’t you already know?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I’d rather ask permission than beg forgiveness. I’m like that.

(Whose writing style does mine most resemble, Lance?)

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Has anybody else heard that Comcast is buying Time-Warner cable.

RickB on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Hell-I’d settle for you wanting to be a human being.
*runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2014 at 10:55 PM

S L O W .. C L A P

Well done!

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 11:15 PM

I tried, but there’s no way I can get that to add up to 42. Nope nope nope nope.

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Republicans have done everything they can think of to strike down Obamacare …

They could have easily put a stop to it anytime if they wanted to if they weren’t such cowards.

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Has anybody else heard that Comcast is buying Time-Warner cable.

RickB on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

.Yes

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 11:18 PM

They could have easily put a stop to it anytime if they wanted to if they weren’t such cowards p*ssies.

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Just a tweek.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I haven’t run across onesheep until tonight. Newbie troll?

KCB on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Looks that way. The throwaways are starting to flood in now. Allah’s gonna have to keep an eye on this dump.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Obamacare’s worst enemy is Obama.

America’s worst enemy is obama.

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Has anybody else heard that Comcast is buying Time-Warner cable.

RickB on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

F*ck comcast. I like my Eartlink grandfathered internet.

nobar on February 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Just a tweek.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Thank you.

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

You’re keeping my 2¢, aren’t you. ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM

What’s a Paladin?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

A Paladin is a tin plated swaggering dictator with delusions of godhood… Jeeze, don’t you know anything? /sarc

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Is that TU as in Times-Union of Albany?

Bitter Clinger on February 12, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Yes, Times-Union … of Jacksonville. I’m another Floridiot. East coaster, even!

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

It’s just a shame when this thread devolves into an off-topic chat room late at night, but you don’t have to stick around for that each night…

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Alien, the QOTD is an ever evolving thing. There is no such thing as “off topic” here. I was a lurker long enough to see this…

Doc Holliday on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Empty Chair.
Allah, I put my ass on the line in a meeting today which will continue infintum.

The empty chair. And in the current mode one with a shit in it.
He sucks has no balls we can pretty much agree.
We the People reject and sat now. I will again post my empty chair, on my expansive front yard to remind my neighbors, our current RIC and Holy Highness, or PTUS has no clue.

doesn’t give a fu$K about my nothing

seesalrun2 on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

L’etat, C’est moi!

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 10:42 PM

No wonder obama loves the French.

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Gypsy Queen by Gabor Szabo, the original.

Love this!

PatriotGal2257 on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Tampa Bay area here. ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Anybody know an easy way to search to see how long you have been here? I did some manual checking through open registration. I welcomed newbies in Nov. 2008, but could not find earlier open registration where I was the newb.

KCB on February 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

propose, in the spirit of love and friendship, given that it is almost Valentine’s Day, that we strive to get along with one another here and remember that we have more in common than not. bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 9:40 PM

They chopped the dudes head off for marrying them. It’s National beheading day.

wolly4321 on February 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

INC on February 12, 2014 at 11:16 PM

those two dogs should feel lucky to just be AT that table.
and not ON the table under glass with a apple in their mouths…

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

onesheep on February 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Yep. A real sheep…

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

And I wanna warn y’all, inventing a puppet to talk to would be something that stinkfish do.

Let’s see how chummy Alien gets with it.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM

I swear to you on pile of bread balls, I am not a sockpuppet of bluegill, whom I worship.

For something else, I am posting this from my new 128 GB iPad air, not my iPhone.

bluegill4ever on February 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

but you don’t have to stick around for that each night…

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM

How about following your own advice.

Barred on February 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

You sure it ain’t a Regulan bloodworm or Denebian Slimedevil or some shit?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Has anybody else heard that Comcast is buying Time-Warner cable.

RickB on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

No, but TW couldn’t possibly get any worse.

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

sid caesar died. Who knew he was still alive?

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

annoyinglittletwunt

onesheep on February 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Congratulations, I’m officially offended. And nothing offends me.

John the Libertarian on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Paladin

Have gun will travel.

thatsafactjack on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Yes, Times-Union … of Jacksonville. I’m another Floridiot. East coaster, even!

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Ah, ok.

Just wondered if you were trapped in the hole that is NY’s capital. I work there, but my wife refuses to move there, so we got a place in Northern PA and I go home as many weekends as I can. I came here from Ohio and we still haven’t sold the house there yet.

Bitter Clinger on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

bluegill4ever on February 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

OK, you owe me a new pair of underpants because I just pooped a little.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

bluegill4ever on February 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Congratulations on your New Addition!

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

sid caesar died. Who knew he was still alive?

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

I thought he died a long time ago but I find myself saying that about a lot of people.

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Looks like the sh!t is hitting the fan in Venezuela.

Mark1971 on February 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Congratulations, I’m officially offended. And nothing offends me.

John the Libertarian on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Yeah, a comment I think I’m going to forward.

hawkdriver on February 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Didn’t think of that!

INC on February 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM

I didn’t mention Clint Eastwood sorry

Empty chair – crap on top of crap sorry sister apology after lie after stupid shit after…I don;t know about you guys but

seesalrun2 on February 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

You sure it ain’t a Regulan bloodworm or Denebian Slimedevil or some shit?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Yup, pretty certain that Paladins go around saving the Universe and crap like that, not crawling in strange bodily orifices unwanted and sliming their way around someones innards.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Hows about a dance, darlin? I like your style…

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Herb Alpert – Rise

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Yeah. Call me when you find some Sandler & Young.

And not nunna that Christmas album, either! :P

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM

sid caesar died. Who knew he was still alive?

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

*Raises paw*
No-she’s hasn’t apologized.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Me, but I’m at legacy.com at least three days a week. ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Herb Alpert – Rise

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

LOVE that song.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Tampa Bay area here. ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Another Floridiot! Say, how’s your weather? It’s COLD here — down to 53 already!

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Me, but I’m at legacy.com at least three days a week. ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM

LOLZ!

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Congratulations on your New Addition!

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Thank you.

Now, let’s get knock off the chit-chat, and get back on topic. bluegill told me exceptions will always be made if you want to bash amnesty lover Guy Benson.

bluegill4ever on February 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Hows about a dance, darlin? I like your style…

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Not up to that these days but if I did I would put you on my dance card.

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Paladin is another name for a knight.

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Not up to that these days but if I did I would put you on my dance card.

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM

I’m very honored my dear. A cyber dance never hurts…

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I rode the short bus in grade school- so I’ve got thick skin.
*shrugs*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Was that the one that had the lowered roof?

{RUN AWAY!}

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM

ah, a comment I think I’m going to forward. hawkdriver on February 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Please do.

wolly4321 on February 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Bitter Clinger on February 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM

I’m a bit more fortunate here — Northeast Florida is more conservative than the remainder of the state has gone lately; I believe Romney carried most of the counties in the area.

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Ok, we know Libfree’s mom is MrsBmore, who is posting as bluegill4ever?

Barred on February 12, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Paladin is another name for a knight.

crankyoldlady on February 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Like I said, a tin plated swaggering dictator with delusions of Godhood who goes around saving the universe and crap like that… <— insert evil laughter here…

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:33 PM

That’s not what a paladin is.

/alfalfa thread Proctor

SparkPlug on February 12, 2014 at 11:33 PM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM
You sure it ain’t a Regulan bloodworm or Denebian Slimedevil or some shit?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

But it’s not soft…

Royal Fizzbin on February 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM

It’s 64 and overcast, now that the rain’s passed, thank you!

Tomorrow’s forecast is 63 and partly cloudy, dropping down to 47 and clear. You’ll be cooler, so you stay warm and be safe!

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Few if any personages know what a proctor is. This is backed by tree ring data.

SparkPlug on February 12, 2014 at 11:35 PM

bluegill4ever on February 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM

before we do that, can you please answer my question:

When did you realize that your heart belonged to her? We need a date to start tracking your sanity.

nobar on February 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM

nobar on February 12, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Dedicated to Lance :P

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I got that on vinyl!

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:35 PM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM
You sure it ain’t a Regulan bloodworm or Denebian Slimedevil or some shit?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

But it’s not soft…

Royal Fizzbin on February 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM

No it is not…

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Don’t be afraid to express opposing views from the majority here. They will attack you and call you names if you do, but don’t worry about it. It is good to have open discussion here. It’s just a shame when this thread devolves into an off-topic chat room late at night, but you don’t have to stick around for that each night.

Welcome, and don’t be afraid to call out the official bloggers when they are too willing to accept illegal alien amnesty.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM

…I have to tell you everything!…Ok blueballs…go take a shit!…you’ll feel better on the porcelain!

Nope, what is TU?

blueballs on February 12, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Tucked Up!…what did you think it meant?… It’s that typing thing!

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM

No worries! The employer mandate will be extended again. King Barack the Magnificent has evidently forgotten there will be another election in the fall of 2016.

Or it’s simply that he doesn’t care. Seeing as he won’t be able to run for office again…….so the failures of ObamaCare won’t be his problem.

GarandFan on February 12, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Ok, we know Libfree’s mom is MrsBmore, who is posting as bluegill4ever?

Barred on February 12, 2014 at 11:33 PM

bluegill4ever on February 12, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Few if any personages know what a proctor is. This is backed by tree ring data.

SparkPlug on February 12, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I’ll take that Gamble..

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:37 PM

No wonder obama loves the Reggie’s French.

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 11:22 PM

AAAFY

;->

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Pardon my errors. These iOS devices can sometimes be tricky.

bluegill4ever on February 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

What’s a Paladin?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Just a fighter, a warrior. You’re in good company, be assured, guns and all.

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Thank you — I will try. Good night!

(I can already feel the snowballs being thrown by our more Northerly denizens, zipping past my head …)

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Pardon my errors. These iOS devices can sometimes be tricky.

bluegill4ever on February 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

You need anti-frog goggles.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:39 PM

I propose, in the spirit of love and friendship, given that it is almost Valentine’s Day, that we strive to get along with one another here and remember that we have more in common than not.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I wonder how long BlueHagFish will be able to follow her own advice?

24 hours?

portlandon on February 12, 2014 at 11:39 PM

SparkPlug on February 12, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Isn’t a proctor a teacher?

John the Libertarian on February 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM

annoyinglittletwunt

onesheep on February 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM

wipeout

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM

ah, a comment I think I’m going to forward.

hawkdriver on February 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Please do.

wolly4321 on February 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Seconded
– I would but I’ve already used my quota tonight.

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Good to hear.

The thing about NY is that upstate isn’t bad, but NYC drags the whole state down into the toilet.

Bitter Clinger on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

I wonder how long BlueHagFish will be able to follow her own advice?

24 hours?

portlandon on February 12, 2014 at 11:39 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

ABDICATE!!!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!11!1!!!!

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Welcome Alien.

onesheep, aside from Sen. Flake of AZ, Charles Blow, the writer, you have the most perfect name/nom in your case.

——————————————————

All smart people who don’t like the QotD ignore it.

I have news for the whiners – it will not change, and that includes the owners’ view. It’s an open house, if you wish; anyone can come/go as they please, discuss what they want, bring their own drinks, dance, leave.

Some just choose to shit in the middle of the hosts’ quarters.

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

What’s a Paladin?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Just a fighter, a warrior. You’re in good company, be assured, guns and all.

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

He’s not kidding. QOTD is heavily armed.

Doc Holliday on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Barred on February 12, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

bluegill4ever on February 12, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Fitting.

Barred on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

wolly4321 on February 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Seconded – I would but I’ve already used my quota tonight.

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Done.

hawkdriver on February 12, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Isn’t a proctor a teacher?

John the Libertarian on February 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM

No, it’s Captain Harris’ lackey.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Haya Doc, and indeed, not just QotD.

Molon Labe

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Error 404 – Not Found

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Bitter Clinger on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Kind of like that thin strip in California running down the beach from San Fransicko to Lost Angels.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Broken link

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I wonder how long BlueHagFish will be able to follow her own advice?

24 hours?

portlandon on February 12, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Maybe. Unless there’s a Palin thread. Then her head will explode.

Bitter Clinger on February 12, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Alien on February 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

[Psssst! Promise to leave a window open...that should help!]

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 11:43 PM

greetings Schad!
Still waiting for nonpartisan to answer my questions from the gun control thread. I think it may have stroked out…

Doc Holliday on February 12, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Error 404 – Not Found

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 11:42 PM

I must be tired. .

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Did I spill the beans?

Barred on February 12, 2014 at 11:45 PM

He’s not kidding. QOTD is heavily armed.

Doc Holliday on February 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Well
… it depends upon your definition of “heavily armed”

Just because my wife says I have an arsenal … doesn’t make it accurate.

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 11:45 PM