Charlie Crist: I think Republicans got mad at me for hugging Obama because he’s black

posted at 6:01 pm on February 12, 2014 by Allahpundit

After writing so many posts criticizing Rubio for immigration reform, I figured I’d do him a solid and remind the buyer’s-remorse crowd that it could have been worse.

Has Crist made this charge before? He’s been asked about the hug ad nauseam for the last four years — it features in his new book too, of course — but a cursory Google search for 2011, 2012, and 2013 reveals no racial conjecture. Could be I missed it, but you’d think if he had said this earlier, it wouldn’t be hard to find on a search engine. Ed tells me that a Nexis search for those years produces no results either. For a guy who’s supposedly spent lots of time pondering the dire state of the GOP, he seems to have reached this conclusion only recently, coincidentally at a moment when he’s running for governor again as a Democrat. Fancy that.

There’s probably an internal poll showing that some Florida Democrats don’t trust his commitment to The Cause and so Crist concluded that a little MSNBC-style demagogic flourish was called for to convince them. He is, as Dave Weigel says, a man with no ideology beyond “elect Charlie Crist.” How do you get lefties excited about a guy like that? Here’s your answer. Although, honestly, it’s probably unnecessary: According to a Quinnipiac poll released two weeks ago, he already leads Rick Scott by eight points thanks to heavy support from Dems. Black Democrats in particular support Crist to the tune of 76/10. I thought that his third-party run in 2010, which cost Democrat Kendrick Meek any chance of upsetting Rubio in the general, would have left some hard feelings, but nope. Give the man credit: He may be a soulless careerist who represents everything that’s wrong with politics, but he knows how to pander. He’s been praising Obama at every opportunity for the past year or two to build Democratic cred. This smear is icing on the cake.

By the way, note that his list of white Democratic presidents who were treated better than O doesn’t include the guy whom the GOP actually impeached. Exit question: If hugging Obama is the kiss of death, why does Tom Coburn remain a beloved figure on the right and a conservative in very good standing? Coburn’s praised O as a “wonderful man” and copped to writing him notes when he first took office to encourage him in the job. That’s a far more meaningful personal endorsement than Crist giving Obama a pat on the back at some event in his home state, but Coburn never had any political problems because of it. The hug killed Crist not because he was nice to O but because it resonated with the charge that he stands for nothing, a charge that quickly proved correct after he was overtaken by Rubio and quit the party. You could never make a charge like that stick with Coburn. Click the image to watch.

ccr

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What an a**hole.

Hayabusa on February 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Just when I think Charlie Crist couldn’t be more of a douche…

He goes and totally doubles down.

Eric in Hollywood on February 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Is he still a pitchman for personal-injury ambulance-chasers?

Ursus on February 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

His internals are probably not so good.

22044 on February 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

“I’m sorry sir, your race card was declined. Do you have another?”

iurockhead on February 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM

So gay.

Pork-Chop on February 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I’m sure it had nothing to do with the fact that yer a complete opportunistic whore or anything….

BigWyo on February 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Paging verbaluce, paging verbaluce.

Cindy Munford on February 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM

What an a**hole.

Hayabusa on February 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Yep. And in the upstate of South Carolina right now it’s snowing Charlie Crist deep.

backwoods conservative on February 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM

So Charlie wasn’t a typical white person who crosses the street when he sees a black dude coming towards him?

Bishop on February 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Karnak says: Clinton, Obama & Charlie Crist
Question: Name the last two Democratic Presidents and the best possible spokesperson for Summer’s Eve.

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Is he still a pitchman for personal-injury ambulance-chasers?

Ursus on February 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Morgan & Morgan.

For the stupid.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Karnak says: Clinton, Obama & Charlie Crist

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Well played.

backwoods conservative on February 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM

“FOUR STARS FOR JOHNNY!!!!”

:::swallows scotch:::

Eric in Hollywood on February 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM

He’ll say anything which means when ever he speaks he’s lying. Republicans here in Florida could give a rat’s behind about him hugging Obama, it had far more to do with him being a dupicitous snake in the grass.

major dad on February 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Did you know that numerous close friends of Charlie have pleaded guilty to various crimes to avoid going to trial? Now one of them has said that Crist was selling judicial nominations. Crist is sure at home in the Democrat Party. Corrupt parasites.

joekenha on February 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Our ruling elites…..

….certifiably “toys in the attic” f*n insane.

MichaelGabriel on February 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Well, I’ll look over the fact that he’s “orange.”

TarheelBen on February 12, 2014 at 6:12 PM

This is a very hateful comment from Crist.

Perspicacity on February 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM

We are ruled by lizard orange people.

MichaelGabriel on February 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Above all else, leftists are propagandists. The “Extreme GOP Forced Me to Switch Parties” meme is too valuable to the left to worry about his motives and insincerity. Colin Powell now has an open invitation on any show he wants. No one outside of conservative blogs knows who Artur Davis is.

crrr6 on February 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Charlie Christ — making Marco Rubio look good.

rbj on February 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I love it! Orange and black — it was like Halloween!

29Victor on February 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Yeah because orange on black is so Hallowe’en. That’s it. Douche nozzle.

Cliff by the Ford on February 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Memo to our ruling, cultural and media elites :

High Definition is not your friend.

MichaelGabriel on February 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM

UGH. This guy is the lowest imaginable sleaze. Even Stephen Colbert was caught by surprise.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Charlie Crist

Who?

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Worth re[eating.

I think Republicans got mad at me for hugging Obama because he’s black

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM

[, not sure? p

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Wow, the orange crush just exploded there :^D

Cliff by the Ford on February 12, 2014 at 6:17 PM

There are quite a few Republicans that are one primary away from finally deciding to come out of the closet and become a full blown libtard.

Wigglesworth on February 12, 2014 at 6:17 PM

What an a**hole.

Hayabusa on February 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM

nuff said, you can close the thread

cmsinaz on February 12, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Crist is the crazy-eyed, jilted woman who screams, “I didn’t love you anyway! I’m better off without you!” to her ex-boyfriend as he walks away.

yaedon on February 12, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I think Republicans got mad at me for hugging Obama because he’s black

Sadly, we are months away from Chris Christie making the same claim. You heard it here first.

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM

One of the only people on earth who, by hugging Obama make the President look bad.

Truly a soulless, execrable reptile.

orangemtl on February 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I think Republicans got mad at me for hugging Obama because he’s black

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM

The fun and interesting part will be to see what the HA staff does with it once the words pass Christie’s lips.

yaedon on February 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I think Republicans got mad at me for hugging Obama because he’s black

I got mad at obama for hugging you because you’re orange.

davidk on February 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

davidk on February 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Lulz!

yaedon on February 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

He clearly thinks he is going to lose, why else play the race card?

Tater Salad on February 12, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Crist continues to demonstrate that he is a man without character, and a first class douchebag.

Whitey Ford on February 12, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Charlie, if you would have hugged Tim Scott you would have been re-elected.

Tater Salad on February 12, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I will never click that image to watch.

The guy makes me sick. I’d rather watch The Human Centipede 2 during dinner than watch that jackhole say one word.

Fathom on February 12, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Whitey Ford on February 12, 2014 at 6:22 PM

To be fair to Crist, this accurately describes most of our ruling class.

yaedon on February 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM

One more stain on Florida.

And he’ll probably win cause the voters down here are dumber than orange peels.

Watch him cave in to Angela Corey of Zimmerman fame and SYG will go down the tubes along with 2A…hey…a demrats got to do what they do best…ignore the constitution…for the chillen of course. He’ll be dating Debbie does Omaba to before long. When she endorses him…it’s over.

Twana on February 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Crist’s orange skin is a lot more offensive to me than Obama’s black skin.

Crawl back into you hole, ooompa loompa.

AZCoyote on February 12, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Charlie Crist: another sick Progressive.

It’s good he’s now declared as a Democrat because his lying ways as a “Republican” are exhausted.

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Having ideological differences is one thing – allowing for some caricature of a sinister and scheming fiend is another.

rogerb on February 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

Morgan & Morgan.

For the stupid.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:09 PM

In December I drove down the Turnpike from Wildwood to Ft Lauderdale. There was a Morgan & Morgan billboard with this scum’s face on it at least every 5 miles until we got south of the I-4 corridor. I wanted to stop and set every one of them on fire.

Flora Duh on February 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Bishop on February 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Hey, Bishop, I’m a typical white person who WOULD cross a street to avoid passing Barack Obama, a black man so it’s alleged, on a sidewalk. Not because he’s (allegedly) Black but because he’s a creep.

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM

“Knock, knock”

“Who’s there?”

“Orange.”

“Orange who?”

“Orange you sad this clown hasn’t been hit by a bus yet?”

M240H on February 12, 2014 at 6:31 PM

It’s all about “me”!

ladyingray on February 12, 2014 at 6:31 PM

The Great Pumpkin has spoken!

viking01 on February 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

The full evolution to Democrat has finally occurred

HughJass on February 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

If you’re Charlie Crist, what’s not to love about Charlie Crist?? He was the man, heir to Jeb Bush, and the Florida kingpin. He was going places.

Really, I’m just glad he didn’t say the voters got mad at him because he is gay. That would be too low.

FrankT on February 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Tom Corbett in PA and Rick Scott in FL are the two most unpopular Governors in the whole country.

Easy pickings for Democrats in 2014.

Why will Dems forgive Charlie Crist and vote him in? Because he will extend early voting in FL with executive order as he did in 2008. Guess what, Hillary will want that in 2016.

Don’t forget, now Charlie Crist is fully a part of Clinton machine. Crist raised money for Terry McAuliffe last year and now Terry and Bill Clinton will return him the favor.

Tom Corbett in PA is sure loser, Terry McAuliffe in already Governor of Virginia and if Crist wins in FL as polls indicate, there will be a lot of early voting in 2016. Hillary will definitely want that in these 3 crucial battleground states.

Might_Is_Right on February 12, 2014 at 6:34 PM

This is a very hateful comment from Crist.

Perspicacity on February 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Yes. Yes, it is.

And quite typical a hateful comment from Crist, among the many others of his peers (Progressives/Dems/Leftists).

It’s a hateful comment by Crist intended not to make literal sense but to agitate the racialists among themselves.

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM

“I think Republicans got mad at me for hugging Obama because he’s black”

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2014 at 6:19 PM

It will be Down the Memory Hole time here again.

FrankT on February 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

“I’ve seen a level of vitriol directed at this president that I have never seen directed at President Kennedy or maybe President Johnson or even President Carter,” he said.

Could that possibly have anything to do with the fact that those guys actually went along with traditional America rather than seeking to fundamentally destroy it?????????

Southernblogger on February 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Charlie Crist is a political hack and opportunist. He’ll never be elected governor again, trust me…

Key West Reader on February 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I get a sense from that Crist comment that Crist isn’t all too happy or content being married to a woman.

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Yes, why indeed? Youse guys sure know how to pick them. Coburn probably dedicated his wastebook to our wonderful president.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Populist Punk:

Charlie Crist wages populist campaign for Fla. governor
Ex-Republican embraces health law, higher wage
By Michael J. Mishak
| Associated Press

February 09, 2014
*******************

canopfor on February 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Flora Duh on February 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM

What’s worse is those “Dan Newlin got me (insert cash prize here)!”.

They’re like 1 every mile.

And would someone check the men’s room for a Hugh Jass!

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Easy pickings for Democrats in 2014.

The Republican establishment brand going down again.

Time for the stupid party to stop being dupes for the Chamber of Commerce, and nominate normal people who appeal to a larger part of the voting public. Who wants to vote for people who help export jobs and import 3rd world cheap labor?

FrankT on February 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

yaedon on February 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

No yaedon,

HA will not dwell on this inevitablity.

Because, IMO, they will be uttered when Christie discovers that he’s not really in synch with the GOP and is joining a “bipartisan” ticket for the Presidency headed up by Killary.

Again, you heard it here first.

At that point, HA will be strident advocates of the Killary Klinton Kamp.

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I’m sure it’s a typo, Pickles. But what is a wastebook?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Trust me, there’s a reason a sitting governor loses and election in
Crist’s case it certainly wasn’t hugging the black President, it was hugging his policies. Crist was talking about putting in an energy tax and embracing the green agenda, among other things. Personally, I believe he could have gotten away with the hug.

This just shows how far Crist will go to get elected. He is not a trustworthy man, which makes him a much better Democrat than Republican anyway. I don’t believe the Democrats are making a wise decision here, but I really don’t carebecause I’m going to vote for Scott anyway.

bflat879 on February 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM

See, Crist just doesn’t like Americans complaining about Barack Obama’s hideous politics and lawless activities from the Presidency. Crist expected a silent majority, not one that complains and actually speaks out about it.

Let’s all agree that Barack Obama has DNA. Don’t we all? Crist just can’t stand it that Obama’s a very, very unethical, if not incompetent, President and that Americans are displeased with that. I don’t hear anyone complaining about Obama’s DNA but about his unethicality.

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Hey, Charlie, you’re a moron if you really believe that.

sadatoni on February 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Republicans have to find a way to turn these “racist” scams back on Democrats.

albill on February 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Yoohoo…JetBoy…you need to come and defend Crist (again).

SouthernGent on February 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I didn’t know septic field oozings could talk.

Ray Van Dune on February 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Who would be the top and the bottom when Crist & 0bama sex it up?

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I’m sure it’s a typo, Pickles. But what is a wastebook?

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Dull blade, Danceman. Catch up.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Yoohoo…JetBoy…you need to come and defend Crist (again).

SouthernGent on February 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I’m pretty sure he stopped defending him when I did. Remember, I voted 3 times for him as well.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

wonderful president.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Please tell us what is soooo wonderful about your president.

BeachBum on February 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Makes sense. What else besides racism could explain conservatives electing a
Cuban instead of a white man?

Doughboy on February 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Oh. I see. I’d forgotten about that thing. Pretty sharp, Pickles. I guess that’s why I love you.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Jetboy ate a hat because of Crist, what more do you want.

Bishop on February 12, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I now question Tom Coburn. Not for any hug but because of this:
“Coburn’s praised O as a “wonderful man”… (and) to encourage him in the job.”

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Who would be the top and the bottom when Crist & 0bama sex it up?

OmahaConservative on February 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Don’t agree with the man? Automatically gay. I’ll notify your log cabin types.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:45 PM

I’ll bet he screams like a girl if he gets cornered by a Vermicious Knid.

AltTuning on February 12, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:44 PM

My girl suggested a restraining order.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:46 PM

My girl suggested a restraining order.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:46 PM

You are a girl, Pickles. Prolly a cute li’l thing for the time being. I already explained that no man writes like you. But you may continue the charade.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Don’t agree with the man? Automatically gay. I’ll notify your log cabin types.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Pickle, you are missing your boots-and-pants.

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Makes sense. What else besides racism could explain conservatives electing a Cuban instead of a white man?

Doughboy on February 12, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Not just a Cuban, but also Allen West.

Flora Duh on February 12, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Don’t agree with the man? Automatically gay. I’ll notify your log cabin types.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Pickle, you are missing your boots-and-pants.

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:49 PM

You drunk, lady?

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM

*Cough-Cough,..another one down:

AP Politics ‏@AP_Politics 17m

Calif. Rep. Gary Miller will not seek re-election: http://apne.ws/1fhIHPl
View summary
=============

canopfor on February 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM

You drunk, lady?

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Yes, you are definitely missing your boots-and-pants, “Pickle”.

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM

That’s it Charlie – ya got us. Racists all. Boy you gotta get up pretty early in the morning to pull the wolf over your eyes. Crist – still sharp s marble and a pound of wet leather.

ghostwalker1 on February 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Oh, the race card again. I thought he was going to say Republicans were mad because they are homophobic.

Philly on February 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM

You drunk, lady?

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM

When did you stop beating Charlotte, your husband?

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM

My girl suggested a restraining order.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:46 PM

How often do you drop the lotion down to her?

Bishop on February 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM

I didn’t know that. Apologies to JetBoy!

Now, y’all can laugh at Crist like the rest of do.

SouthernGent on February 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM

DRAT! sharp as a marble. I think the NSA has taken control of my keyboard…

ghostwalker1 on February 12, 2014 at 6:56 PM

My girl suggested a restraining order.

Pickle on February 12, 2014 at 6:46 PM

How’s “Rosie” doing?

viking01 on February 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM

The Left’s latest screed: if you criticize Democrats/Progs, “you’re drunk.” First racist, then ‘drunk’.

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I thought he was going to say Republicans were mad because they are homophobic.

Philly on February 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM

He has PLENTY of time to play that card.

Vero Beach Florida on February 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Crist’s citrus douche. For when you are feeling not so fresh. Look for the Orange container!

Cliff by the Ford on February 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Lourdes on February 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM

When do you get to “batsh*t crazy?”

Eric in Hollywood on February 12, 2014 at 7:01 PM