Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 11, 2014 by Allahpundit

‘ObamaCare” is useful shorthand for the Affordable Care Act not least because the law increasingly means whatever President Obama says it does on any given day. His latest lawless rewrite arrived on Monday as the White House decided to delay the law’s employer mandate for another year and in some cases maybe forever…

Either ObamaCare is ushering in a worker’s paradise, in which case by the White House’s own logic exempting businesses from its ministrations is harming employees. Or else the mandate really is leading business to cut back on hiring, hours and shifting workers to part-time as the evidence in the real economy suggests…

Changing an unambiguous statutory mandate requires the approval of Congress, but then this President has often decided the law is whatever he says it is. His Administration’s cavalier notions about law enforcement are especially notable here for their bias for corporations over people. The White House has refused to suspend the individual insurance mandate, despite the harm caused to millions who are losing their previous coverage…

Liberals say the law isn’t harming jobs or economic growth, but everything this White House does screams the opposite.

***

[W]hatever it might tell us about the White House’s assessment of its administrative and political difficulties, it surely reinforces something we already knew about the administration’s assessment of its obligations to the rule of law — namely, that the administration believes it has none.

We have here a written statute that levies a fine on large employers who fail to provide insurance coverage as a benefit to their employees. It defines a large employer as “an employer who employed an average of at least 50 full-time employees on business days during the preceding calendar year,” provides a relatively detailed set of criteria for applying that definition, and states that the provision “shall apply to months beginning after December 31, 2013.” We have already seen that latter date pushed back by a year without obvious legal authority, and now we see it pushed back by another year for some affected employers while the requirement is loosened for others. If this kind of selective enforcement of a public law is legitimate, then how exactly would the president describe the limits of his ability to engage in such selection? Is he bound in some definable way to the particulars of statutes as written and passed by Congress, or does he merely take them as suggestions for how he might proceed?

***

Courts are unlikely to do anything here either, as it is not clear who would have standing to challenge the latest rule. In order to demonstrate standing, a plaintiff must show that they are directly and personally injured by the government action at issue. While delaying the employer mandate means some people will not get employer-provided insurance this year, it is difficult to figure out who those people are and even more difficult to prove what a given firm would have done were the mandate enforced on schedule. Some firms would likely provide insurance to their employees, as the law anticipates, but others might elect to pay the penalty instead. For standing purposes, it’s a matter of conjecture which firm is which. And without the ability to demonstrate a concrete and particularized injury that was caused by the government’s action (and that would be redressed by a favorable court judgment) there is no standing to sue…

The Obama Administration is not the first to take liberties with the laws it is charged with executing, and it will not be the last. Yet the increasing brazenness with which the Administration is disregarding inconvenient or ill-conceived portions of its signature legislative achievement lowers the bar to a disturbing degree. Even where ad hoc administrative revisions seem justified to ease the law’s implementation, such moves are illegal if not authorized by Congress. The Executive Branch is supposed to faithfully execute the laws Congress enacts, not rewrite them.

***

But beyond the specifics of the new rule or the policy impact of these latest deferrals, it is yet another example of the administration losing credibility with the public, the insurance industry, and the business community over the implementation of the ACA.

Small-business owners have been trying to understand and plan for the impact the ACA will ultimately have on their bottom line and benefit packages since the law passed in March of 2010, and it hasn’t been easy. With the administrative agencies putting out rules on delayed timelines only to reverse them, releasing new guidelines every year, making important policy changes via obscure FAQ documents, and blatantly ignoring the legislative text when making these decisions, what is left of the law is highly confusing and disruptive to companies trying to plan for the future.

***

[T]o make an insurance system work you have to have a set of consistent and consistently applied rules. You can’t have some people choosing to be out today and in tomorrow. You can’t have a system where insurers price products based upon one set of conditions and then you keep backing off on the conditions consumers and employers have to follow.

The administration really has three options:

1.Full speed ahead––enforce all of the original rules. Just take the political heat believing you have crafted a system that will work. This is what they have been telling us for almost four years now!
2. Do a comprehensive and rational fix that provides for a modified system for everyone learning from the mistakes that were made.
3. Let it unravel one step at a time caving in to every constituency that threatens a vulnerable Democratic Senator and end up with a worse mess.

Looks to me like they are on track for number three.

***

Now, if all this haphazard implementation were only a matter of improving what are onerous and poorly written facets of Obamacare, that would be one thing. A bad thing, yes. But what makes this free-for-all an especially blatant abuse of power is that the delays are enacted almost exclusively for political reasons.

If some of your deep-pocketed cronies visit the White House, delay the law’s employer mandate. Why not? If the risible Medicare cuts you concoct to sell ACA to voters by keeping the price tag under a trillion dollars become distasteful to voters leading up to an election, just delay the cuts until you have a more advantageous environment. If caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs haven’t panned out like you promised — delay for another year. Small Business Health Options Program? Delay. Employee Auto-enrollment? Delay. Pre-existing conditions insurance sign-up? Delay…

Notice that even [news] outlets must admit that the impetus for delay is a political consideration — “limit election-year damage” and “defuse another potential controversy” — not an effort to craft a more useful law. Normally, when policy is as burdensome and ungainly as the Affordable Care Act has been, an honest person might admit that perhaps something isn’t exactly right with the law itself. Not today. A never-ending fount of partisan defensiveness makes it impossible to rethink — much less repeal — any part of Obamacare.

***

What’s striking here is that liberals have gone along with these moves from the White House…

The problem with this is that, of course, if it becomes accepted American Constitutional tradition that the President can apply whatever laws she wants, well, that tradition applies to Republicans as well as Democrats. Now that the Obama Administration has set a precedent that the White House can decide not to apply parts of Obamacare, it has given the authority to the next Republican administration to rewrite the health law at will, without even having to go to Congress. But, apparently, this doesn’t make liberals blanch.

Of course, the next Republican administration might want to use this new presidential superpower to rewrite all sorts of laws. Entitlement laws. Labor laws. Environmental laws. Abortion laws. Financial regulations. Civil liberties. The list goes on.

For decades, conservatives have been dreaming of enough power to reshape an American government that, despite the Reagan revolution, still remains fundamentally liberal in its structure. The Obama Administration may be handing it to them. With a liberal cheering section.

***

Washington D. C. — In a move certain to please his conservative supporters and infuriate his critics, President Romney announced this afternoon that his administration would make yet another change to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. In a terse release, posted without fanfare to the Department of Health and Human Services website, officials revealed that the law’s employer mandate would be suspended until 2016 for all businesses that employ between 50 and 99 people…

“This is an utter disgrace,” griped Senator Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.). “This law was passed through Congress, signed by the previous president, and upheld by the Supreme Court.”

Schumer’s colleague, Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, described the Romney administration’s behavior as “the nuclear option.” “This abuse of executive discretion is beyond the pale,” Reid fumed. “I’m a lawyer, I know.”…

An unfortunately timed remark, made by Romney as he left a meeting at Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello this morning, is certain to throw fuel on the fire. “That’s the good thing as president,” he was heard to joke, “I can do whatever I want.”

***

***

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

thatsafactjack on February 12, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Later, Jackie.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Writing background noise for you J.

Nite HArians (leftist fascist thugs, it’s not what you think it is, gnat-brains).

Nite America.

The second waltz

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:02 AM

That German booze is some good stuff.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Billboard can suck it. They are #3 behind only Stones and Beatles in Gold and Platinum. Good enough for me.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Yup, and Jimi Hendrix only had one song ever crack the top 40, and was

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM

So, basically, like was posted earlier, discretion is the better part of valour.

Also posted was If in doubt, DON’T.

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Discretion is a good thing.

I probably lean on the editors the hardest and most often – I know that may upset some of the regulars – but my primary reason for spending time on here is NOT to generate page hits for sloppy writing or political wussiness.

PolAgnostic on February 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Last Update: 10:01PM 02/11/2014
City of San Diego – MAYOR
Precincts Reporting: 20.1%
KEVIN FAULCONER – 56.70% (102182)
DAVID ALVAREZ – 43.30% (78035)

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Ok, since we are entering the sports doldrums, I though I would share this with y’all–but first an explanation–I was at this game, with my wife and kids. It was the first game my kids had ever seen, and we are Auburn fans. The video is 4-5 minutes, but worth it for the little kid at the end.
How nuts is the state of Alabama for football? They have already started the countdown for the 2014 kickoff.

Here it is…
The Iron Bowl 2013.

Doc Holliday on February 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Yup, and Jimi Hendrix only had one song ever crack the top 40, and was

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Rumor is he’s quite the accomplished guitar player.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Windows–the Streetcar of Operating Systems.

There’s a new one along any minute.

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 12:35 AM

And that sparking sound overhead and constant lurching means there’s another service pack around the corner.

viking01 on February 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 12:59 AM

LoLz..I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on February 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:02 AM

One would think that, with that much testing going on, dogs like ME and Win8 wouldn’t have gotten through. I’ve had no complaints with Vista, but I’ve heard stories.

Speaking of Vista, can I uninstall Office? I mean, heck, after like five years with this, I’m STILL on the countdown before deciding if I want to get the key! I’ve only used it like 10-15 times (I use Open Office if I need to do something that complicated).

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Yup, and Jimi Hendrix only had one song ever crack the top 40, and was

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Rumor is he’s quite the accomplished guitar player.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

So I have heard… ;)

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM

viking01 on February 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

I’m constantly re-booting my computer for security patch updates. I’m not cool enough for Apple though.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM

KEVIN FAULCONER – 56.70% (102182)
DAVID ALVAREZ – 43.30% (78035)

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:07 AM

He’s gonna need to maintain that lead to compensate for trunk ballots.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM

That German booze is some good stuff.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Jaegermeister’s taste reminded me of Vick Formula 44. I also developed a taste for wine, brandy and schnapps. ;)

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Schadenfreude on February 12, 2014 at 1:03 AM

Niters and sleep well, Schade!

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Actually the brutal truth about ME and Vista, is that hardware changed faster than Microsoft could rewrite the code. Both of those operating systems were written for hardware that was projected to be at it’s peak, but in both cases the hardware industry leaped ahead faster than expected.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Looks like the corpse of the California GOP is twitching a little tonight.

Mark1971 on February 12, 2014 at 1:15 AM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:14 AM

So they were basically too slow for the computers that installed them?

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:13 AM

We brought one of those CooCoo clocks back to the States….man, that was painful.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Yes, Office is a stand alone software suit. Well, stand alone in that it does not come as a required functional part of any Windows Platform. It has to be added on at additional cost. So yes, you can uninstall it. Personally I have been using Open Office for at least 10 years now.

I first stumbled across Open Office back when I had a Sun Spark based system and was running Solaris. When Sun ported it to function in Windows I jumped on it and haven’t looked back since.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Doc Holliday on February 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Cool! Funny and cool!

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Jaegermeister’s taste reminded me of Vick Formula 44.

Jaegermeister is some powerful stuff.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:19 AM

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM

You went to Triberg? Triberg was awesome! Great li’l village to walk around during the winter!

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Hendrix O_o Top 40!?!? Wanders never cease. ; )

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Lolz! Tired. Should read, Wonders.

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I’m not cool enough for Apple though.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Macs have their problems too though with hacks like Steven Levy criticism usually gets deflected from Apple elsewhere.

Where the Mac users get screwed is with software suites like Creative Suite (whatever) where the update requires the next-gen OS X version to work and then the hardware upgraded to handle the newer OS X version then the newer Creative Suite to handle the newer hardware.

Meanwhile most browsers and AV programs etc. and software suites (video aside) work fine with XP if the processor and RAM are up to it.

viking01 on February 12, 2014 at 1:22 AM

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Now I know why you remind me of software.
We have commenters known as msveritas and vityas.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 1:22 AM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Cool! One thing about Vista I didn’t like–sometimes, some of the software wouldn’t update. I had problems with the .NET framework a couple of years ago–ended up having to wipe the hard drive and reload the original OS, then do all of the updates.

Now, I have a problem updating the Office software, but I blow those off (hide the updates) since I don’t use it.

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 12:58 AM

My friends stuff. Makes an honest living with it. ; )

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Was pretty young then, remember the parents always taking us to Kaiserslautern…for shopping.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Looks like the corpse of the California GOP is twitching a little tonight.
Mark1971 on February 12, 2014 at 1:15 AM

Not that he would have much affect on all of these issues, but Kelvin Falcouner supports amnesty, abortion and called for a repeal of the Arizona illegal alien law.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Newtie and the Beauty…

Yep, I told my kids they were now spoiled. ;)

I never made it to that Obamacare rant, but now I’m tired, so we’ll save it for tomorrow.
Good night, all.

Doc Holliday on February 12, 2014 at 1:25 AM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:14 AM

So they were basically too slow for the computers that installed them?

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:16 AM

No, not really, it was more architectural, the hardware had expanded it’s function call cells in order to facilitate a greater range of simultaneous operations and the operating systems basically were forced into errors because of multiple data arriving at the same time.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:25 AM

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 1:24 AM

So he’s the Democrat? Is the other running on the Communist Party?

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:26 AM

Doc Holliday on February 12, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Niters and sleep well, Doc! The ran can wait–call it “marinate” until it’s called for ;-)

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:27 AM

So he’s the Democrat? Is the other running on the Communist Party?

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:26 AM

California republican, Democrat, pretty much the same thing.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:28 AM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Basically creating a bottleneck, correct?

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Looks like the corpse of the California GOP is twitching a little tonight.
Mark1971 on February 12, 2014 at 1:15 AM

The only worthwhile places left of the state are orange county, Santa Ana and Garden Grove excluded, and parts of San Diego County. The rest of the state is lost. You can thank mass, unchecked illegal immigration.

Look to California if you want to see where the rest of the country is headed, if illegal alien amnesty passes.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Me too…my mattress is calling.

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:29 AM

California republican, Democrat, pretty much the same thing.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Does that mean we should ship Boehner to California?

viking01 on February 12, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Switching over to rain. Maybe we dodge the bullet this time. I know folks are gun shy after the last episode. The streets are dead.

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:30 AM

California republican, Democrat, pretty much the same thing.
oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Depends where in California you are talking about. It’s a big state and really can be seen as many different states politically.

If San Diego and Orange counties were to become their own state, they would have more people than all but about 15 other states.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 1:31 AM

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:24 AM

What took me some getting used to was that Lindsay used to be SS HQ for the area. Some of our buildings still had recesses in the walls for the rifle racks.

Loved the wurst stands just off-base. We weren’t out in the boonies–just outside downtown Wiesbaden, and about a five-minute walk from the front gate to the Hospital.

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM

im still looking at the beautiful wood you guys get..
and chunks…huge chunks….burls…spalting..
very nice stuff and I would bet he could make a living
I saw his prices…good on him
how many pieces can he make in a year…200ish??

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 1:32 AM

msupertas on February 12, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Niters and sleep well, MS!

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:33 AM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Basically creating a bottleneck, correct?

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Kind of. The hardware industry was moving towards multiple core processors which required a different approach to multitasking. The operating systems had to have their out of order operation registers rewritten to accept input for the same thread coming into it from different processor cores at the same time. This was no small task.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Well, I’m out, y’all.

Niters and sleep well, everybody!

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM

sleep well NatB

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Thank you for the software explanations, Oscar! Most enlightening, and your patience is appreciated.

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM

California republican, Democrat, pretty much the same thing.
oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:28 AM

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 1:31 AM

I’m in North/Eastern San Diego County. One of San Diego’s last bastions of Conservatives.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:36 AM

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 1:32 AM

You know, I’m not sure, have never thought to ask. He sent this over not too long ago to tweak me. ; ) iPhone quality photo.

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:39 AM

Has anyone seen AZFederalist as of late?

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:39 AM

If California were to go to proportional allocation of electoral votes, rather than winner takes all, it could be a real problem for Democrats’ presidential chances:

As it is, Democrats are pretty much guaranteed California’s 55 electoral votes.

oscarwilde on February 12, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Yep. I bet people in other states don’t really know what it’s like there. They think all of the state is like San Francisco.

Voters in Orange and San Diego counties are outnumbered by those in Los Angeles County.

Pass illegal alien amnesty, and the country is done. You can’t eventually forget about ever again electing a conservative president. I believe that conservatives in California know this all too well.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 1:41 AM

You can eventually forget, that is.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:39 AM

spalted maple?
the size is what gets me a tad…
I could turn it maybe 6″ high…
I guess as a urn you could put your pet hamster in it…
but hes getting 15 16 18 inches…
they looked all hallow cut…
so no bowl and cover plate…
hes good…
is he where you get the free woods??

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 1:44 AM

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 1:44 AM

He has the turning em green thing down to a fine art. His stuff, very top drawer quality. No, I fetch my own wood. As I had told SparkPlug the other week, I have a deal with a local professional tree cutter, he keeps the interesting stuff for me. He also brings huge red oaks over with his knuckle boom and drops them off for me to bust firewood out of. I always have an eye out looking. I like to scavenge.

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:49 AM

This page shows the key to his technique.

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Would you look at the time. Its Thursday.

Good Night All.

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:49 AM

know what you mean…I have a few ppl looking for burls for me
and other large chunks here..
I don’t have the bigger machines to render down really big logs..
where are you guy getting this wood.. GA??..AL maybe??

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 1:53 AM

the laser width gage is cool..
like I said….he’s very good…green wood is tricky..
wonder how many crack in the drying process..

thanks for sharing Bmore…sleep well..

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:00 AM

The Trashmen – “My Woodie”

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 2:01 AM

And never mind this going2mars stuff, WE are on our way to Pluto, baby!

I question going all that way for a lousy fly-by, but better than nothing I guess.

I can hardly wait until they wake that thing up.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Some rockabilly for OC:

Nat Couty & The Braves – “Woodpecker Rock”

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 2:05 AM

with an average surface temp of -380 f
you better bring firewood…
or one hot babe..!!!

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:08 AM

And never mind this going2mars stuff, WE are on our way to Pluto, baby!

I can hardly wait until they wake that thing up.

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Reggie Knighton – “Girl from Pluto”

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 2:11 AM

yet another “water on mars” story…

(as kj would say…”my take”…they always talk about finding
water when they are running short of funding…just sayin)

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:11 AM

DARPA XS-1 spacecraft rendering…

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:15 AM

I created a chart of how the electoral votes would have been allocated had the 2012 presidential election followed a proportional allocation of the states’ electoral votes. You can see in the chart that the 2012 presidential election would have been much closer if the states we not using a “winner takes all” formula for allocating its electoral votes. Instead of a final count of Obama 332, Romney 206 electoral votes, the result would have been Obama 271, and Romney 259.

From here:

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 2:15 AM

first ‘cubesats’ launch from ISS..

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Amii Stewart – “Knock on Wood”

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 2:21 AM

that one had that ole soul train feel to it..ty A-C
what was that guy who ran that show…
don cornielus or something….he was a cool cat..

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:27 AM

John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers – “Snowy Wood” (excellent playing by Mick Taylor!)

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 2:33 AM

in the ‘my rocket is bigger than yours’ category..

(yes this is politics…a private funded rocket or a government funded rocket that is the question….could cost/save us Billions)

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Thanks to the CBO report on Job Kill’n Obamaare. Barry’s new mantra in the same vein “If you like your health care plan you can keep it,” he is now saying, “If you don’t like your job, you can leave it.”

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

cause when it comes to extending unemployment … Barry is on the record “he never met a single American who would prefer a check from the government to a check from an employer.”

So what gives….. which is it Barry?

what is the difference between quitting a job you don’t really want, because the government provides you with a health care subsidy, and not taking a job you don’t really want because the government gives you an unemployment subsidy?

Hummmmmmmm

roflmmfao

donabernathy on February 12, 2014 at 2:40 AM

that one had that ole soul train feel to it..ty A-C
what was that guy who ran that show…
don cornielus or something….he was a cool cat..

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:27 AM

Yep, you got Don’s name right.

Al Green – “Love and Happiness” (Soul Train)

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 2:45 AM

did you see nancy P trying to explain quitting to write poetry??
the P was for Pathetic …she looked like a looney..
but I don’t think for one minute they know how stupid that sounds/looks.. its rainbows balloons puppy dogs and fluffy white clouds til the train runs off the tracks..

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:45 AM

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 2:33 AM

you arnt even 50…you must have worked hard to find all these great tunes for as young as you are.. former DJ maybe..
music major perhaps??
I think mick taylor still plays dates…??..

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:49 AM

…sorry…didn’t answer you guys…blower took a crap on the furnace…I’ll be calling the repairman at 8 AM…propane keeps going in and shutting off since the blower won’t blow it through the house…have to shut it down so it doesn’t burn out other goodies…NEVER can happen it’s 50 out…only when it’s below zero! (:->) Have a good fireplace…but don’t feel like getting wet wood from the pile…and the electric heaters went with the kids to school…so the ton of comforters will be used! 57 in the house…and the cats are coming under the covers!
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 2:55 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 2:55 AM

you need anything…I think im just down the road??

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:58 AM

About the Preezy, obviously!:

UFO – “Too Much of Nothing”

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 2:58 AM

bluegill on February 11, 2014 at 11:19 PM

…shutupb!tch

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:03 AM

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 2:58 AM

…no…but thanks!….can’t happen when it’s nicer out…or in the morning… it could be worse…could be on the weekend!

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:07 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 2:55 AM

I could run you over a couple small elec heaters??
logs?…electric blankys??… scotch??

im close to where maybee runs under 75..

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 3:08 AM

You can eventually forget, that is.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 1:42 AM

…you’re good at that! ^
…are you dressed?

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Lanceman on February 12, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Shaddup, YOU!

ladyingray on February 12, 2014 at 3:09 AM

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 3:08 AM

…I’m over by Alpine Ski Hill…Highland Rec…Proud Lake Rec and Kensington Park…are you getting tired of winter yet?….I am!
I think I better sleep a few!…I’ll lurk…tomorrow!

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:15 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:15 AM

I was tired of it in Oct…
been in so cal for the last 10 years
so this is just…too much..
well if your ok.. then im going to draw a while,,
before someone tells me to shaddduuuppp…

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 3:20 AM

A-C thanks for all the great tunes..!!

going2mars on February 12, 2014 at 3:21 AM

…shutupb!tch
KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:03 AM

Put a sock in it, clown! Bluegill won’t be pushed around anymore!

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 3:26 AM

I think I better sleep a few!…
KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Yes, you better. At your age you can’t be affording to stay up too late and still expect to function the next day. Nighty night.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Put a sock in it, clown! Bluegill won’t be pushed around anymore!

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 3:26 AM

…you want me to put a sock in it?…I wouldn’t touch you…with someone else’s sock!

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:32 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:32 AM

Listen, grandpa, I don’t want to know what you do with your special socks in your private time, but I think you should make good on your earlier declaration and call it a night. Goodness knows you aren’t adding anything of value here.

bluegill on February 12, 2014 at 3:38 AM

blueballs on February 12, 2014 at 3:31 AM

blueballs on February 12, 2014 at 3:38 AM

…LOL!…the junior high school girl who almost holds the Hot Air record for good-byes! …I’m happy you think you function!
…Re-charge your batteries now…and take them under the blankies…

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2014 at 3:50 AM

Why do I feel like I’m a canary in a coal mine?

Better not wait around to find out.

31giddyup on February 12, 2014 at 5:00 AM

That last quote is spot on….the outrage by the dems if a gop president was doing the exact same thing…..and yet they do just that regardless of what the next gop President does And the lsm will be carrying their water…..24/7 non stop coverage of a unilateral presidency the gall

They’ll forget these last 8 years of letting Obama get away with this crap

How I hate the double standard

cmsinaz on February 12, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Jeffrey toobin was defending Obama big time on these actions because it is a tax…..you know very well he would be outraged and offended if the president had an R next to his name

cmsinaz on February 12, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Newtie and the Beauty on February 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM

I get rid of software that comes with a system that I don’t want to get back disc space and remove complexity.

To do that I use Glarysoft‘s Absolute Uninstaller and Piriform’s CCleaner (free edition) to clean up the bits and bytes left over from the installs, plus remove cruft from the registry. Both pieces of software are free for personal use and most effective at getting rid of on-board software the manufacturer believes you must have for pre-configured systems that you never use.

Plus you can find some of the junk that you thought you got rid of but still has parts of it cluttering up your system. Those are usually a couple of the first pieces of software that go on a new system for me and are particularly useful for laptops where manufacturers load their systems up chock-a-block with stuff I don’t want and don’t need. Then again I turn off every bell and whistle from the Mothership, disable or remove on-board junk that should never be in an OS and revert to a familiar plain old windows desktop. If I get a spiffy new system with a fast processor then I don’t wanted it loaded up with junk trying to make the system ‘friendly’ which means that the first time it hits a minor hiccup you are waiting for hours for it to get past the spiffy stuff to actually inform you of the real problem.

If the HAL9000 is ever invented, then it gets stripped of all the fancy stuff, all the heuristic junk and is made to give me a quiet, pleasant user interface without interfering with commands to open the pod bay door. Really that system was just overloaded with pre-installed cruft which the users should have removed.

ajacksonian on February 12, 2014 at 5:42 AM

cmsinaz on February 12, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Good morning!
i get a feeling its going to more Christie this morning. They may play a clip of Sarah’s IE interview where she says Christie should have known about Bridgegate.

renalin on February 12, 2014 at 5:42 AM

renalin on February 12, 2014 at 5:42 AM

yup first thing up is christie…

cmsinaz on February 12, 2014 at 6:02 AM