Why’d they kill that giraffe?

posted at 7:21 pm on February 10, 2014 by Allahpundit

Am I right in thinking that opinion about this in the comments is destined to break down along conservative/RINO lines, as cultural debates typically do? If you’re a squish, you’re horrified by it. If you’re a righty, meh. Cycle of life. He got a better end than 99 percent of giraffes in the wild do.

They “euthanized” him by dangling some rye bread in front of him to lure him over, then fired a round from a bolt-action rifle into his brain when he bent down to taste it. If they had given him a lethal injection, they said, they wouldn’t have been able to use the meat. And they would never waste that much free meat.

The zoo said it had no choice but to euthanize the 2-year-old giraffe because Marius was part of an international breeding program whose bylaws prohibit inbreeding in an effort to maintain the health of the stock.

“The purpose of the breeding program is to have as healthy a population as possible, not only now, but in the future,” said the zoo’s scientific director, Bengt Holst, in an interview with TIME. “As this giraffe’s genes are overrepresented in the breeding program, the European Breeding Programme for Giraffes has agreed that Copenhagen Zoo euthanize him.”…

Did Marius have to die? Other alternatives, like administering contraceptives, can cause side effects like renal failure. And neutering the young giraffe would have diminished his quality of life, says Holst. “Our most important objective is to ensure that the animals have the best life they can for as long as they live, whether that’s 20 years or two years. Breeding and parenting are especially important behaviors for a giraffe’s well-being. We didn’t want to interfere with that.”

Two zoos offered to take him but were turned down for reasons that aren’t completely clear. One, in Sweden, wouldn’t guarantee that they wouldn’t sell him to a circus; the other, in Yorkshire, was denied because it too had a population of giraffes genetically similar to Marius, according to Time mag. This quote, though, makes it sound like there was a turf-war aspect to it:

However, Lesley Dickie, Executive Director of European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA), said this was not a viable option. “As for alternative solutions, we cannot in good conscience recommend the transfer of animals under our protection to zoos which are not our members and therefore not subject to our strict standards of animal husbandry and welfare; transfer within our network does not represent a solution to the unsuitability of the individual animal for breeding.

The Yorkshire facility says it has a state-of-the-art giraffe house built just two years ago for its four male giraffes, one of whom came from the same Copenhagen zoo as Marius. If Yorkshire was good enough for the earlier transfer and if, because of the all-male population, breeding wasn’t an issue there, why wasn’t Marius sent over?

Better question: Why the international uproar, which now includes death threats towards the Copenhagen staff? What’s bothering people more than the fact of euthanizing a healthy animal, I think, is how they handled it. We all understand that zoos have a scientific purpose. We understand that populations are culled sometimes even in captivity. What we don’t instinctively understand is how zookeepers, who are caregivers to these animals, could compartmentalize their emotions for them to the point where they could take a healthy giraffe they’ve raised since birth and summarily kill it, display the corpse, then hack it up in front of a crowd when they had options that involved sparing him. The detail about luring him over with the bread before blowing him away haunts me especially. These things aren’t pets, but they’re not unlike pets in the degree to which they depend on their handlers to survive. It’s a betrayal of trust. Even if the culling was necessary, which is debatable, is there no residue of affection for these animals among the staff sufficient to get them to do this privately, in a less violent way? They can’t have needed the giraffe meat that badly. (In fact, they had an offer of several hundred thousand dollars to let the giraffe live.) And it isn’t so important to teach kids the “cycle of life” that they’d send a giraffe alive into the lion’s den to show everyone what happens. If we’re going to snatch animals from the wild for our own amusement, there has to be a better plan for handling the expendables.

Exit question: How much of an uproar would there have been if Marius had belonged to a more aggressive, less cuddly species? Probably no death threats if he was Marius the alligator, I assume.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

If they worry about inbreeding, why didn’t they just neuter it? Dogs and cats are fixed, why not a giraffe?

prkw on February 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Really tall veterinarians.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Even though I don’t share their eating preferences, I have more respect for the Sarah Palins and Ted Nugents who shoot animals for meat than those who judge them and then get their meat from Wegman’s. Vegetarianism has been steadily on the rise, and I suspect it’d rise at a greater rate if every meat-eater had to go the route of Palin and Nugent.

bmmg39 on February 11, 2014 at 12:07 AM

First, no you really don’t.
Two, if everyone had to hunt for their own meat, it would be a much rarer treat, and so while, overall, less meat would be consumed, liberal minded people would have a much tougher time proselytizing. In fact, vegetarianism would die out entirely.

A good example is the resurgence of fur coats. Especially this winter.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 3:40 PM

you are full of crap. marius was in a petting zoo..like a pet, get it. and this was a cruel and stupid thing to do and it was utterly heinous to expose the kids to it like this was a teachable moment. the director is now the one that should have his balls cut off ….lets toss those testicles to the lions for hor deurves and then throw the rest of the fat bast*rd to them as the main course. what a p.o.s.

gracie on February 11, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Bmore? Was that Maturity? Or Bishing? Or perhaps just just a B@tshiit crazy zealot.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Apparently, some of the men on this thread/site haven’t gotten beyond the stage of adolescence, it seems. I thought adolescent humor died with advancing age. Boy was I wrong!
They equate taunting a female and the butcher of this animal and other disgusting pastimes on the same plane of humor.

Yes, it is a childlike behavior to think Pumba and Simba would always be friends. I thought most women would outgrow that.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Many of you vegan/vegetarian/animal rights types need to grow up a tad. I don’t think anyone here, including us dyed in the wool hunters like the way this was handled, but your reaction to it is very telling.
My kids are born into a system where they will be debt slaves their entire lives, where every word the say and every place the go, and every item they buy is recorded for meta-analysis by the NSA. Where liberty and faith are becoming dirty words.

And you would have me cry over a giraffe? Not gonna happen.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Okay. So you’re in the camp of those who can focus on one task or goal at a time.

By the way, did you make the same case about those who “cried over” a Coke commercial last week? Or to those who “cried over” gay guy who is entering the NFL draft?

bmmg39 on February 11, 2014 at 12:07 AM

First, no you really don’t.

A good example is the resurgence of fur coats. Especially this winter.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 3:40 PM

First, I don’t what…is this the part when you pretend to know all about me?
Second, I hope you didn’t pull a hammy during the rhetorical gymnastics you just went through to argue that fewer people eating meat would equate to the death of vegetarianism.

bmmg39 on February 11, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Sorry to hear the men, little m, were taunting you all last night. At any rate I hope both of you well.

Bmore on February 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Don’t confuse taunting with arguing. I have no way of knowing who is a women or not. I merely fight wrong-headed thinking.

You, however, I know to be a lever GUY.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I see that you are also against the way it happened. Kudos for that.
But, your question to gracie about how to butcher a giraffe just set me off…..I quit last night b/c of the way men were treating the women over this. They didn’t touch the men who were posting the same thing. Wonder why? I have no idea.

avagreen on February 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM

It’s also not much different from the pro-abortion people who’d troll pro-life sites and leave posts with dead-baby jokes and comments like, “I LUV ABORTION, YUM-YUM…”

bmmg39 on February 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM

First, I don’t what…is this the part when you pretend to know all about me?

bmmg39 on February 11, 2014 at 3:53 PM

It’s complicated, but if you work at it, you’ll get it. And no, I’m pretty sure you don’t have respect for Nugent of Palin.

does that put you in the camp of people who need to mind everyone else’s business?

Other issues I couldn’t care less about. Because I have a real life that keeps me busy, not minding other people’s time.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I see it as less of a gender thing and more of what a snot-nosed fifteen-year-old does when (s)he learns that a classmate is a vegetarian. “Oh, yeah, well, look. I’m eating a hamburger! Mmmmm, meat! I can taste the blood right now. Is this bothering you? I’m not touching you. I’m not touching you…”

My daughter is taking a course on the “ethics of eating” right now. Professors (would he be?) argument the other day was, for people to animal suffering, people shouldn’t breed.

Typical liberalism.

The vegan/vegetarian types at MY daughter’s HS used to go after her for bringing venison sandwiches to school.

Like the rest of your comments, bass ackwards. It’s the veg’s with the snotty attitude.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Woah…lefties no longer have the monopoly on hyper-emotional outrageous outrages?

We have no chance with Low Info Voters if bleeding heart liberal culture has burrowed so deeply into American society that feeding a giraffe to a lion is un-PC.

This is the most depressing thread since Obozo got reelected.

sauldalinsky on February 11, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Also, bmmg39, of whom I have no idea if you are male or female, while your struggling to come up with a coherent argument, see if you can find me ONE example of a hunter pouring red paint on a peta fruit for wearing faux fur, or flying drones over the local dumb blonde celebrity photo shoot.

good luck with that.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM

And lastly, bmmg39 , oh multitasker of multitaskers, most people I’ve met call me “too serious”. It’s actually pent up anger at the way this world is falling apart because of people who feel they have a right to dictate how others live.

I have thousands of things which piss me off. So I CAN multitask too. This giraffe doesn’t reach the top 1000. The swiss dude who was arrested cause it took him to long to land a pike out of Lake Geneva, however, does.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 4:30 PM

So go “pull a hammy” (smirk) on that.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Lolz! ; )

Bmore on February 11, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Yep. Definitely should have asked if a porto-band was used.

Bmore on February 11, 2014 at 4:51 PM

OK. Now that I’ve had my 3rd cup of coffee, one additional thought has crossed my mind.

For thousands of years the caste system in India was one of the most horrible examples of prejudice in existing, rankning up there with apartheid.

Do you have any idea where the untouchables came from?

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Ogre, go away. Back to the Turkish caves you came from.

avagreen on February 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Ogre, go away. Back to the Turkish caves you came from.

avagreen on February 11, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Aw, I am sorry. Too much information for you?

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM

That “Ethics of Eating” class is taking the students on a trip to a slaughter house this week.

Gee. I wonder why. (She’s taking beef jerky for a snack).

Ever notice people who believe in evolution can’t gel why the gene for Lactase spread so rapidly, or why people cannot consume cellulose, with their eating preferences. They would rather starve the entire species by eating their food source, than assume their place on the food chain. Make note that weight watchers (i think it’s weight watchers) has you subtract out the fiber. Too bad. A giraffe could have used it.

Starve yourself in peace.

and

and

The gene pool (outside of the universities) cleans itself.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Typical liberalism.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Is this going to be like the thread last week in which all of PETA’s shenanigans were pinned on one HA poster, even though that poster didn’t share all of PETA’s opinions or agree with all its tactics?

As I have already demonstrated to you, a meat-eater can be just as snotty as a vegetarian.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Oh, good. Two other things I don’t do. You seem to have difficulty retaining focus. Perhaps you’re not the multitasker you think you are.

bmmg39 on February 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Aw, I am sorry. Too much information for you?

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM

NO, I tire of your sneering putdowns of anyone who disagrees with you.

Are you a Kurd?

From Iraq, Iran, Syria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Jordan….or where?

avagreen on February 11, 2014 at 8:38 PM

NO, I tire of your sneering putdowns of anyone who disagrees with you.

avagreen on February 11, 2014 at 8:38 PM

His behavior in this thread has been abominable; I think he should forced to go to a sensitivity training class in order to please those who don’t like how he’s chosen to express himself…what say you?

Anti-Control on February 11, 2014 at 8:58 PM

*should be

Anti-Control on February 11, 2014 at 8:58 PM

avagreen on February 11, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Anti-Control on February 11, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Would you be teaching it?

avagreen on February 11, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Would you be teaching it?

avagreen on February 11, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Yeah, and my first lesson would be, “uninhibitedly mock those who try to humorlessly & selfishly micromanage your life”! :)

Anti-Control on February 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM

This is the most depressing thread since Obozo got reelected.

sauldalinsky on February 11, 2014 at 4:05 PM

That is one of the laziest things I have read on here and close to beating the trolls.

Most if not all of us has no problem with a lion eating a giraffe. I can safely say we all understand how nature works and the food chain.

However, this was a docile animal in a petting zoo with nothing *except* the zoo staff to tend to its needs.

This is on par with tossing the declawed pet cat to the dogs because the cat has become inconvenient. You know, something the lazy, irresponsible and stupid do. Don’t conservatives generally hate the lazy, irresponsible and stupid?

Sorry that subtlety was lost on you.

But to help you out further, if this was a sick/elderly giraffe who died or was euthanized due to health issues, then no one would blink twice about “recycling” the giraffe.

Hope that helped clear it up a little on why a lot of people are upset.

kim roy on February 11, 2014 at 9:17 PM

NO, I tire of your sneering putdowns of anyone who disagrees with you.

Are you a Kurd?

From Iraq, Iran, Syria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Jordan….or where?

avagreen on February 11, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Wow, you just smeared, like 2 billion people.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 9:28 PM

bmmg39 on February 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Sure I am. And I am still waiting on an example. Focus dear, focus.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Anti-Control on February 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM

So I am 18, maybe 19, and my Dad and I are going to Maine for the first or second time after deer. Back then, and in those pine forests, a good week was seeing a deer. And we were happy to see it, even without a shot.

My dad’s dream, like every masshole, was to own his own parcel of land in Maine. (we used to have to beg permission, unless on the ABUNDANT state and paper mill land)

To that end, on this particular trip we stopped at a small country store with a grill counter. I went inside to pick up a local advertiser. I was dressed in the mandatory orange jacket and a pair of military winter wool pants. As I was checking out, a middle to late 50′s aged woman, eating her cheeseburger, takes a bite, turns her head towards me, and with grease dripping down her chin, says “you murderer”.

So ALT you will understand when I say never.

Hunter’s need to take a lesson from the gay lobby. Get in their faces as much as possible. Anything else is failure.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 9:43 PM

testing

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 9:46 PM

you could let the other one go through too, I said nothing foul

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Anti-Control on February 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM

would your second lesson be to think with your head and pump blood with your heart?

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Well. I can say this. I’m glad this thread finally died. It was painful for some.

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Bmore on February 12, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Bmore. When I was 18, my father and I went hunting in Maine (first or second time) for deer. We didn’t own land, and in those days seeing a deer during the course of a week was a good hunt, fill tag or not.

My dad, like everyone else from MA, wanted to own some land in maine. To that end, we stopped at a country store and I went in. I was wearing the obligatory orange heavy coat and heavy wool military pants.

The store had a lunch counter. Seated at it was a middle aged woman. As I walked up to the register with the local real estate guide in hand, the woman, eating her cheese burger, took a bite and while chewing, with grease dripping down her chin, turned to me and said, “you murderer”.

I tell you this because I am sorry if I offended your sensitivities. I make NO apologies to anyone else.

And, ALT, that is why the answer will always be NO on this topic.

Now I own sizeable acreage. I give anyone who asks nicely permission to hunt. If they have youth with them, I show them where to sit.

I will never tolerate that type of hypocrisy again.

WryTrvllr on February 12, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Anti-Control on February 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM

The irony. :) You do see it, right?

Wow, you just smeared, like 2 billion people.

WryTrvllr
on February 11, 2014 at 9:28 PM

If you think asking if you are a Kurd is a smear, so be it. *shrug*
Wanting to see your history of thought, I googled your name and came up with your review written in Turkish of a Hotel Villa Bacchus Baska and the words Republic of Croatia were included. So, being curious, I asked the question.

At any rate in agreement with Bmore, I think this thread has run its period of Sturm and Drang.

avagreen on February 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Let’s see, they keep him in a cage for many years, use him for their higher purposes, and then kill him when he is no longer of use. That sounds like pretty typical human behavior.

claudius on February 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Sure I am. And I am still waiting on an example. Focus dear, focus.

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Can you give me an example of a vegetarian person killing and eating a meat-eating person?

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 9:43 PM

– precisely the kind of hypocrisy I was targeting when I said I have more respect for Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent than for a woman like that, and then you foolishly refused to believe me.

avagreen on February 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM

…and then we’ll all do the dance again, next time there is a story on HA about animals or PETA, and some of the posters will still believe you earn conservative creds by citing “People Eating Tasty Animals” bumper stickers from 1996.

bmmg39 on February 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Anti-Control on February 11, 2014 at 9:12 PM

WryTrvllr on February 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I thought the first lesson was a corollary of this idea! :)

You know, it’s just a small step from making jokes about the needless, tragic death of the poor giraffe and hypersensitive vegetarians/vegans to serial murder & Jeffrey Dahmer-type behavior.

The irony. :) You do see it, right?

avagreen on February 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I think I must have missed it, because it was drowned out by the defensiveness, humorlessness, whininess and hysteria of some in this thread… :D

Anti-Control on February 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM

From 1983 onwards, a series of fire bombs exploded in department stores that sold fur, with the intention of triggering the sprinkler systems in order to cause damage, although several stores were partly or completely destroyed.[57] In September 1985, incendiary devices were placed under the cars of Dr. Sharat Gangoli and Dr. Stuart Walker, both animal researchers with the British Industrial Biological Research Association (BIBRA), wrecking both vehicles but with no injuries, and with the ARM claiming responsibility. In January 1986, the ARM said it had placed devices under the cars of four employees of Huntingdon Life Sciences, timed to explode an hour apart from each other. A further device was placed under the car of Dr. Andor Sebesteny, a researcher for the Imperial Cancer Research Fund, which he spotted before it exploded.[58] The next major attacks on individual researchers took place in 1990, when the cars of two veterinary researchers were destroyed by sophisticated explosive devices in two separate explosions.[59][copyright violation?] In February 1989, an explosion damaged the Senate House bar in Bristol University, an attack claimed by the unknown “Animal Abused Society”.[59][copyright violation?] In June 1990, two days apart, bombs exploded in the cars of Margaret Baskerville, a veterinary surgeon working at Porton Down, a chemical research defence establishment, and Patrick Max Headley, a physiologist at Bristol University. Baskerville escaped without injury by jumping through the window of her mini-jeep when a bomb using a mercury-tilt device exploded next to the fuel tank. During the attack on Headley, which New Scientist writes involved the use of plastic explosives, a 13-month-old baby passing by in a stroller suffered flash burns, shrapnel wounds to his back, and a partially severed finger.[59][copyright violation?] A wave of letter bombs followed in 1993, one of which was opened by the head of the Hereford site of GlaxoSmithKline, causing burns to his hands and face. Eleven similar devices were intercepted in postal sorting offices.[59][copyright violation?]

Under “Animal Liberation Front” , wikipedia (whatever…).

Fortunately no-one killed here, but that took, like, 10 seconds.

WryTrvllr on February 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM

If you think asking if you are a Kurd is a smear, so be it. *shrug*

avagreen on February 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM

So you were calling me a kurd because of my charm? A muslim because of my tolerance? Don’t retreat like that. Be proud!

WryTrvllr on February 12, 2014 at 1:55 PM

WryTrvllr on February 12, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Neither, as you don’t possess either.

avagreen on February 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Because, of course, the only listings for wrytrvllr would be at a turkish hotel, written in Turkish

WryTrvllr on February 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM

see we have something in common after all :-)

WryTrvllr on February 12, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Wanting to see your history of thought, I googled your name …

avagreen on February 12, 2014 at 8:24 AM

That doesn’t come across as creepy and disturbing at all…

DarkCurrent on February 12, 2014 at 2:23 PM

[SINGING] “It’s the circle… the circle of life… the circle of… life!!!!!!

dominigan on February 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Not to be on-topic, or anything;
But if they knew that this giraffe would be genetically defective, why did the zoo breed its parents in order to create it in the first place? Seems to me, they could have had lion food cheaper by other means.

Or traded the giraffe to another facility who would have been able to breed, or at least display, the critter. After all, who knows? In a few years, there might have been a genetically suitable mate somewhere for this giraffe. “Waste not, want not” also applies to endangered species.

ReggieA on February 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM

“Waste not, want not” also applies to endangered species.

ReggieA on February 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Giraffe are not endangered.

DarkCurrent on February 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Under “Animal Liberation Front” , wikipedia (whatever…).

Fortunately no-one killed here, but that took, like, 10 seconds.

WryTrvllr on February 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Was that supposed to be proof of something?

bmmg39 on February 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM

The thread just won’t die. Too bad the giraffe didn’t have as good of luck.

Bmore on February 13, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Was that supposed to be proof of something?

bmmg39 on February 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Yeah. Proof that animal rights extremists and vegans don’t mind hitting babies with shrapnel.

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 1:27 AM

It must be proof of their moral superiority and multitasking abilities. They can use a mercury switch and not blow themselves up.

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 1:31 AM

By the way, I am STILL waiting for your examples, multitasker.

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 1:32 AM

You still haven’t answered my question.

bmmg39 on February 13, 2014 at 1:40 AM

perhaps you could multitask by providing me with an example as I had asked, and ask your question again.

Bmore. Not to worry this conversation WILL eventually end. I am going on vacation. I will be skewering as many Lionfish as humanly possible. I will probably let them rot on the beach.

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 1:50 AM

I’ll look for an example for your question just as soon as you provide an example for mine.

bmmg39 on February 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM

bmmg39 on February 13, 2014 at 10:25 AM

You tell me about how you were treated badly as a kid, and I explain PETA tactics to you.

You ask for examples of vegans killing meat-eaters and I demonstrate a series of car bombings by ALF/ARM (vegan by design). Granted the cannibalism thing is hard, but I would say it is you who cannot multitask. I still haven’t gotten my examples.

Epic fail.

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I can’t wait to do this again with your multitaskiness on the next animal rights thread!

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 2:45 PM

News
World news
Denmark

Second giraffe named Marius at risk of being put down in Denmark

Give it to PETA. I am sure they’ll do the same bang-up job they do with all the other cats and dogs they rescue. hahahahahahhahahah

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Epic fail.

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Yes, it was quite the “epic fail” (to borrow a grammatically incorrect phrase that the millennial YouTubers prefer) on your part. Vegans don’t eat meat-eaters. I’m glad you spent time answering my pointless question, which was, of course, just a response to your pointless questions, as I don’t throw red paint on people in fur coats and I don’t fly drones over supermodel photo shoots, or something.

bmmg39 on February 13, 2014 at 3:50 PM

bmmg39 on February 13, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Sophistry at best. Still no examples of hunters displaying the “enlightened” “evolved” attitudes you proclaim for yourselves.

Epic Fail Redux

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM

you do however seem to equate the killing of a giraffe with the euthanasia of a Belgian child.

telling.

WryTrvllr on February 14, 2014 at 1:51 AM

WryTrvllr on February 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM

The actions I told you a few times that I don’t espouse, you mean?

Forget multitasking, sonny. You can’t seem to do one thing at a time.

telling.

WryTrvllr on February 14, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I’m against both. If you have a problem with that, why, that is telling.

bmmg39 on February 14, 2014 at 10:45 PM