Oops: Activist charged with felonies after running afoul of gun law he championed

posted at 9:41 pm on February 10, 2014 by Mary Katharine Ham

In which a good guy with a gun could end up in jail for four years because he lobbied for a law that assumed there was no such thing as a good guy with a gun.

Meet Dwayne Ferguson of Buffalo. The 52-year-old is a well-known community activist, founder of MAD DADS (Men Against Destruction Defending Against Drugs and Social Disorder), and a public face of the SAFE act, a law passed by New York in the wake of Sandy Hook which made carrying a gun on school grounds a felony. Ferguson was at an elementary school Thursday mentoring students when the school went on lockdown because of a report of a man with a gun on campus. Ferguson guarded students in the cafeteria for hours before he and law enforcement realized the lockdown was caused… by him.

Ferguson, 52, told WGRZ-TV that he frequently carries the gun, for which he has a permit, and did not realize he had it on him when he went to the school as part of the mentoring program.

Those who have worked with him also said they believe it was an honest mistake.

“I’m sure Dwayne went into the school not thinking he had the gun on him,” said Rev. James E. Giles, a friend of Ferguson and president of Back to Basics Outreach Ministries. “We know this for a fact, that he called out to a Buffalo police lieutenant asking why the school was in lockdown, and that they were looking for a man with a gun.

“Dwayne’s reaction was to get his kids – he had about 50 of them – and make sure they were safe,” Giles explained. “He led them into the cafeteria and closed the doors.”

Giles, like Ferguson, is a member of Buffalo Peacemakers, an anti-violence coalition that targets gang-related street crime.

Ferguson is a security guard outside of his work in schools and he frequently carries a legally permitted firearm. Now, once Ferguson was ensared by the SAFE Act, the gun-control activists who know him began to sound a lot like gun-rights activists.

“The more they make these gun-free zones, the more they make people vulnerable to mass killers like at Columbine and Sandy Hook,” said Stephen J. Aldstadt, a Colden resident who serves as president of the state Shooters Committee on Political Education.

Some of Ferguson’s supporters echoed similar criticism, saying that carrying a weapon meant Ferguson could have helped police in the event there was a gunman actually threatening students.

“Dwayne probably was in a position to help the police not knowing that he was the one they were looking for,”
said George Johnson, president of Buffalo United Front.

And, this is what it looks like when gun regulations trip up otherwise law-abiding citizens— something about which gun-rights activists are always warning.

Ferguson, at the time of SAFE Act’s passage, thought people like him should be punished even more severely:

News 4 interviewed Ferguson in March of 2013 at a rally in support of the NY SAFE Act. At the time, Ferguson stated the law did not go far enough.

“Our kids are not buying assault weapons, they’re buying pistols and they’re buying them right out of community stores and back here in the school. So this is serious. It needs to go further than what it is,” he said.

It’s easy to get schadenfreudy about this, but I really don’t think the state should be spending money going after this guy, prosecuting and possibly imprisoning him. On the other hand, the rule of law requires he answer for this alleged crime— one for which he himself lobbied to eliminate the possibility of lenience. What would be the reasoning for letting him off the hook? There’s explicitly no exemption for “no ill intent” in the SAFE Act. Merely having a legal gun makes one a criminal. Perhaps the best-case scenario is that Ferguson goes through the system, the jury and judge make their call, and maybe a few more activists will think twice about laws they pass in the future.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

LMAO.

Jaibones on February 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM

100 years is what you wanted, 100 years is what you get.

Unless you are in the left-o-sphere of course, then you get a wrist-slap, a promotion, and a new gig with less work.

OregonPolitician on February 10, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Why do there punks always have to carry guns? They’re too scared to fight so they gotta bring guns.

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Petard
Hoist

some assembly required….

ted c on February 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM

and did not realize he had it on him when he went to the school

He’s a moron, plain and simple. Disarm his non-law-abiding @$$ before he hurts someone. Let him reap the whirlwind.

Not a minute goes by where I don’t know EXACTLY what’s in my pockets. And if I was carrying a gun, you better believe I’d know exactly where that was too.

CurtZHP on February 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Maybe he just felt that the laws are for the “rest of us” and don’t apply to him. I mean, he got that idea from somewhere…..

ted c on February 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

One of those kids could have gotten his gun. Fry him to the max.

Right? RIGHT?

Spliff Menendez on February 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I understand the desire to say it’s a waste of time to pursue legal action, but without strict adherence to the NY Safe act for all, we will never be able to convey just how onerous the law is.

thei3ug on February 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I’m gettin’ kind of old and the last guy I shot was twice my size.

cozmo on February 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM

If kids are getting suspended for gun-shaped Pop-Tarts he should get leniency…why?

ImmigrantsWife on February 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Merely having a legal gun makes one a criminal.

Jug Ears will claim he acted stupidly. Otherwise, prosecute to the full extent of the law of whatever law is left.

bettycooper on February 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM

“Just a bump in the road” to a glorious gun free world.

Prosecute the dumb S.O.B. (remember, he WANTED tougher penalties and laws are supposed to be applied by a blindfolded goddess of justice) and let the chips fall where they may.

PolAgnostic on February 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Biter.

Bitten.

clear ether

eon

eon on February 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Where have I heard this before? Oh, that’s right, that’s what we’ve been saying, morons!

SailorMark on February 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I’m gettin’ kind of old and the last guy I shot was twice my size.

cozmo on February 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I’m looking for a profound quote right now in that Zimmerman thread.

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I wonder if LeftoCenter will show up and chastise this guy for his lack of manliness and paranoia? I think LoC was last night’s Troll O’ Da Day.

307wolverine on February 10, 2014 at 9:58 PM

What if the cops saw the gun and opened up on him in front of the kids?

docflash on February 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM

The guy is just a bitter clinger.

307wolverine on February 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Maybe he can write a letter to Obama’s pen and/or phone.

Left Coast Right Mind on February 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Any intelligent gun owner that has the capacity to forget that he has a gun on him …

Let’s just make tougher gun laws on liberals.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

He just needs to use the David Gregory exception, and he will be forgiven.

buffaloboy on February 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Sure it’s easy. Throw his own book at him. Overhand.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Karma doesn’t usually strike until much later.

crankyoldlady on February 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Has Schadenfreude exploded yet?

WitchDoctor on February 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

and did not realize he had it on him when he went to the school

He’s a moron, plain and simple.

CurtZHP on February 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

A felony conviction will disarm him permanently, as it should, because the idea you FORGOT you were carrying a weapon in a state that has arrested and prosecuted others for transporting weapons not on their person … is NOT credible.

PolAgnostic on February 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

But…but…you don’t UNDERSTAND!!!11!1!

He didn’t MEAN to be carrying a gun!!!

YOU CAN’T POSSIBLY PROSECUTE HIM, HE’S ONE OF US!!!

IT’S NOT HIS FAULT!!!

/Leftards

* Don’t you know, kids, laws are for Evil Republicans, meanies who don’t respect your life and gender choices, and complain that choices should have consequences that make you feel bad??? It’s only RIGHT that We tell them what to do, it’s for their own good!!!

…’cause WE know better than them.

A famous man once said, in regards to azzholes like this: “It isn’t that they are wrong, it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so”.

I say, prosecute that b*stard under the laws he championed and let him rot.

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Maybe he can write a letter to Obama’s pen and/or phone.

Left Coast Right Mind on February 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Ha!

Mary Katharine Ham on February 10, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Sure it’s easy. Throw his own book at him. Overhand.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM

booya!

ted c on February 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM

He clearly took those hostages to the cafeteria and we were lucky we negotiated their safe release!

OregonPolitician on February 10, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Let’s just make tougher gun laws on liberals.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Silly conservative, gun laws are only for gun nuts like you!

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:07 PM

How come I’ve gone my whole life, sometimes living in the not so great parts of Philly, without ever carrying a gun?

Why are gun toting nut jobs such cowards?

LeftoCenter on February 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:07 PM

He knew he had the gun on him, nobody’s that stupid.. He just thought it didn’t apply to him.

Fenris on February 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I’m sure Bloomberg routinely violates NYC and NY gun laws too. But no one has the guts to arrest him.

ConstantineXI on February 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Fenris on February 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Who does he think he is? Barry Soetoro? He’s not white enough.

ConstantineXI on February 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Ive made similar mistakes before.
Fortunately didn’t get noticed.
The difference here is I’m a Second amendment supporter, NRA member, and consistent in my beliefs that for me and others the right to defend yourself is an unquestionable given.
This guy?
A classic “Laws for thee and not for me” type.
May he roast in his own stew–and who knows? Maybe, just maybe, he’ll get a little bit of a clue.

Doc Holliday on February 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Fenris on February 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Exactly.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I’ve been through some really, really bad areas, especially in West Philly, but never felt the need to carry and never had a problem.

LeftoCenter on February 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:10 PM

I would love to see some common sense leniency applied to this guy, but that’s because I’m a normal, reasonable person (I think). However, I have noticed that there is a rather large group of people, of which Mr. Ferguson is one, that have no problem with lobbying for onerous laws that would send me to jail without any hope of leniency. So thumbs down for Mr. Ferguson. Maybe, since he said “It needs to go further”, he’ll voluntarily add some extra time to his sentence.

tnjeff on February 10, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Fenris on February 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

ConstantineXI on February 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Neither one of them is mentally fit to carry a sharp stick, much less firearms.

S. D. on February 10, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Why are gun toting nut jobs such cowards?

LeftoCenter on February 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM

When you ain’t worth killin’, this is a perfectly logically position to take.

TXUS on February 10, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Fenris on February 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I agree with the second part but not the first–I carry a Glock 17 at times, which is the size of a hammer. I have a very comfortable concealed carry holster that will make you forget you have it on, especially if you’re busy, distracted etc.

Or maybe I’m just that stupid…:0

Doc Holliday on February 10, 2014 at 10:15 PM

You know….I have never met any of you..

But if you had a sidearm and were with me…

I would feel safe…..

But that is of course of my 9 mm…next to me..

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:15 PM

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I believe the reason the stupid “but I didn’t *mean* to do it” defense works with leftists so well is that they know it’s code for something along the lines of, “Since we are better than you, these laws don’t actually apply to *us*, you dolt”.

You’ll know it when one of our resident trolls pops up onto this thread, defending the guy for not “meaning to” break the law.

In the Golden Age of Obama, laws are arbitrary…

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Ive made similar mistakes before.
Fortunately didn’t get noticed.
This guy?
A classic “Laws for thee and not for me” type.

Doc Holliday on February 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM

With all due respect …

If YOU have “mistakenly” carried into a Federally mandated “gun free zone”, YOU need to take a refresher course on concealed carry because YOU are EXACTLY who the Leftists want to catch in the act and use as an example.

PolAgnostic on February 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Okay, two “exactly’s” in the same thread.

Well said.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:15 PM

What flavor? Beretta here.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:20 PM

As he reaped, so shall he sow.

Newtie and the Beauty on February 10, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Come on, getalife, where are you today?

Too tired from the Zimmerman thread?

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:22 PM

With all due respect …

PolAgnostic on February 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Heh.
This was a violation of the New York SAFE act at a local school in the story. Not a federal area. And I walked into work with mine on, which is neither a state or federal issue, just a “Gun free Zone” (spit).

And no amount of “Refresher” courses will make someone who is distracted and busy less distracted and busy.

That being said, I see your point.

The other good thing for me is that most people where I live would just laugh and say,”Hey Doc, you forgot to leave the pistol in the car, you dumba**”
Then they’d want to see it and compare.

Doc Holliday on February 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Forgot he was carrying a gun?

O_o

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

What flavor? Beretta here.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:20 PM

you don’t want to know..

It’s a Lugar…

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

But that is of course of my 9 mm…next to me..

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:15 PM

9mm: A .45 set on “stun”.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:17 PM

Well thanks for that. BTW I lurk here mostly and wanted to take a moment to do two things: a) thank you for your service; and b) say that I am jealous as all hell for your job in the Army (as I wanted to fly Pave Lows but 20/50 with astigmatism vision and a unknowledgeable recruiter in ’93 meant I couldn’t sign up to fly helos and made things worse military-wise by getting RK surgery – meant I was declined by USAF five years later when I picked up my MBA grrrr, but long story).

Closest I got was to work on the RAH-66 program in 2001-02, but at least my late father served in the 71st Recon Troop Mech in WWII.

-Wanderlust

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Sure it’s easy. Throw his own book at him. Overhand.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM

No ‘David Gregory Exception’ for him?

slickwillie2001 on February 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Hey, Perfesser libfreeorwank, where are you to defend your fellow gun-toting leftist???

C’mon out and play…

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

It’s a Lugar…

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Dick Lugar?

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM

In fact I believe there is an I-phone app called “Euro Pellet”, it senses when you have been shot with a 9mm and will send a text informing you of it.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:29 PM

C’mon out and play…

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Pickles and LeftoCenter were worn out from referring to people who carry guns as pansies.

libdie pretty much stayed out of that one.

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:20 PM

you don’t want to know..

It’s a Lugar…

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Pffft. People bust on me all the time for my Beretta. I have two handguns. That Beretta because it was sidearm in The Army and a Taurus Judge so the wife and I can pack heat unisex. I don’t make fun of anyone’s gun. All that matters is that you can put rounds where it counts.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM

No ‘David Gregory Exception’ for him?

slickwillie2001 on February 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Show me *any* leftist and I’ll show you someone who, when he/she runs afoul of laws they themselves espouse, believes they are entitled to the “David Gregory Exception” – because, of course, they Know Better than the rest of you rubes.

Just like everything regarding pharma and hospitals should be regulated to the nines, except when it comes to abortion houses.

Oh, wait…

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM

9mm: A .45 set on “stun”.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I carried my 9mm in the Idaho state Capitol…last year…

But a Beretta would be better…mine was bulky and attracted attention..

But only to people that had the same feeling as me…

Safely…

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM

That’d be best. Hey, let’s get those distinguished gentlemen, Messrs Cuomo & Bloomberg, to either weigh in on this or submit an Amicus Curiae in defense of the SAFE law.

majorzot on February 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Carl Rowan.

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM

C’mon out and play…

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Since this guy ended up being one of his own, he’s gone quiet on gun cases:

Newtown Killer: Man/Boy Love, Pedophile Info On His PC

slickwillie2001 on February 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Yep…..It took many rounds to get this firearm protected…

Top heavy….

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:34 PM

libdie pretty much stayed out of that one.

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Libfree was in top form this morning. I suspect that his Mom gave him too much sugar.

307wolverine on February 10, 2014 at 10:34 PM

Protected = perfected

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Wanderlust on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Thank you for your obvious intense patriotism and desire to serve and you father’s service. My hat is off to all of our Viet Nam vets. You should be proud of you and your dad.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Carl Rowan.

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM

…and so you’ve dated yourself, and I myself.

slickwillie2001 on February 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I understand this article was highlighting the felon’s apologists, but it certainly reads as an apologist piece itself. Oh this poor guy, just got caught in an unfortunate situation etc.

These cowards will go to all lengths to protect statism. Disgusting people.

LaughterJones on February 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM

…um…sure!

KOOLAID2 on February 10, 2014 at 10:36 PM

9mm: A .45 set on “stun”.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

My favorite carry gun is a .380ACP, mainly for size, it’s easily concealable and you can carry it without noticing it.

That said, the round is a little weak, but still, if you are a perp (or an aggressive government thug) would YOU want to be hit with it?

The best handgun for the last 100 years and beyond has been and will be the M1911 Colt .45 ACP.

ConstantineXI on February 10, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Hard to read if you’re shot in the face.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:36 PM

His handgun must have been sleeping or else it would have jumped from its holster and started shooting everyone with its Ghost Gun clip 30 mags.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Ha. Ha ha. HAHAHAHAHAHHHAAA! This is a precious example of the “Do what I say, not as I do.” mentality.

Laws only apply to you fools. In my infinite wisdom you are too stupid to defend yourselves. If you need help and seconds count I am only minutes away… text me though, I may be busy holding kids hostage. :-)

NiteOwl on February 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM

…and so you’ve dated yourself, and I myself.

slickwillie2001 on February 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I said CARL Rowan, not DAN Rowan, Der Schleikmeister!

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Dick Lugar?

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Just Lugar…

Dick is..

Well…

Safe….

So she says….

Electrongod on February 10, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Relax, I often carry a 9mm myself when I don’t feel like hanging a brick on my hip.

But there ain’t nothin’ like a Flying Ashtray.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM

The facts are clearly amenable to the application of the David Gregory Loophole Rule.

This guy clearly has an anti-gun rights agenda, just like Gregory. Therefore, the rules do not apply to him. After a lengthy investigation (very lengthy) it will be determined that not only did this tool upstanding citizen have no ill intent, his heart is really in the right place. He will then be issued a stern warning, just so everyone knows the authorities are serious. The next to make this mistake will be made an example with felony prosecution (especially if he is a Republican or an NRA member).

novaculus on February 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Again, just for giggles: Manufacturers Change Look of AR-15; Rifle Is Now Legal in New York State

slickwillie2001 on February 10, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Just like David Gregory – he won’t be prosecuted because they punish their enemies and protect their friends. He is obviously a friend and down with the struggle.

They don’t want equality before the law – they want to take what you have and give it, reward, their constituents. This was once a great land.

Cookie?

famous amos on February 10, 2014 at 10:40 PM

9mm: A .45 set on “stun”.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

My keyboard almost got a shower for that one.

yaedon on February 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM

9mm: A .45 set on “stun”.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

I was stationed in Korea when they started the change over to 9mm and I thought close to the same thing. They assured me a 9mm would be just as effective as my .45. I assured them I would prefer to keep my .45 until I was required to relinquish it.

Lucky they were slow on the supply side and I got to keep my .45 until I returned stateside. Just because I was pretty good with a sidearm didn’t mean I wanted to be a poster boy for a downgrade.

NiteOwl on February 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM

But there ain’t nothin’ like a Flying Ashtray.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM

If you want that, carry a .380ACP instead. Nearly as effective as the 9MM, much more compact.

Only downer is the expense of the ammo.

ConstantineXI on February 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

slickwillie2001 on February 10, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Saw that earlier.

The cool part is you don’t have to actually shoot someone with it, just let them see the ugly thing and they will die of disgust.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:52 PM

Only downer is the expense of the ammo.

ConstantineXI on February 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM

The .380 was developed to answer a question of what happens when you just aren’t happy with an anemic .32 but a 9mm seems like overkill.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Bishop, did I piss you off somewhere back down the road?

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Bishop, did I piss you off somewhere back down the road?

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

What? No, not at all.

I never get mad at anyone here, life’s too short.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM

This makes no sense.

50 kids under his supervision are threatened by a reported individual with a gun. As a licensed carrier, how can his first thought NOT be where is my gun so I can protect these kids? What a dumbass.

Spider79 on February 10, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Merely having a legal gun makes one a criminal.

If they drop the case against him, how can they claim equality under the law if they then proceed to prosecute the next person found on a campus with a gun?

Maybe New York will modify the law as a result, but that will only happen if Mr. Ferguson is prosecuted under it.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM

What? No, not at all.

I never get mad at anyone here, life’s too short.

Bishop on February 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Ah good. I was worried I might have crossed a line with the way I screw with you. Can’t ever seem to get a rise out of you any more.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

The thing I can’t imagine is how he could be carrying a gun, not know he was carrying a gun, yet was carrying it in such a way that somebody spotted him with it. The’re heavy, they stick out, and, if they’re hanging from your belt like this one likely was (since it was seen), you feel their weight and bulk with every step.

But don’t you worry, Dwayne, every knuckle-headed liberal law comes with a David Gregory exception, even if you can’t see it in the print. John Edwards was right about there being two Americas.

Socratease on February 10, 2014 at 11:06 PM

This was once a great land.

Cookie?

famous amos on February 10, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Yes Yes Yes

Del Dolemonte on February 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I am really curious about who phoned in the alert. And will this go away quickly like the Naval Yard and Maryland Mall shootings?

Cindy Munford on February 10, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Live by the gun law, die by the gun law.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Yeah, I remember when that used to matter, too. We don’t live in that world anymore.

Midas on February 10, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Let’s just make tougher gun laws on liberals.

hawkdriver on February 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Zackly, Hawk. I think deep down we agree with the liberals that ass*holes should not have guns. We just disagree on who the ass*holes are.

Jaibones on February 10, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Lanceman on February 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Specially them coppers.

CWchangedhisNicagain on February 10, 2014 at 11:20 PM

novaculus on February 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Precisely.

Midas on February 10, 2014 at 11:21 PM

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM

It depends on what set of statutes they apply to him – the laws for the Ruling Class / Aristocracy, or the laws for us pesants.

SubmarineDoc on February 10, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Let’s see, Obama voter who whored for Obama Party members who rammed through an Obama-supported law criminalizing law-abiding citizens with no exceptions.

(checks)

Wow….I didn’t realize my give-a-damn could be THAT busted.

northdallasthirty on February 10, 2014 at 11:39 PM