What if Hillary just walked away?

posted at 7:01 pm on February 8, 2014 by Jazz Shaw

Even nearly three years out, it’s become “common knowledge” which has been repeated by more folks than you can count. (Including yours truly) Hillary Clinton is going to run for President. How could she not? And assuming she does, she will most certainly win the Democrat nomination. On top of that, she will present a daunting challenge to the GOP candidate, no matter whether the nominee is “establishment” or “grassroots” or from the Planet Ork. But I’m seeing an increasing amount of speculation that perhaps the conventional wisdom is neither. Does she want to spend two more years on the campaign trail to win at least four – if not eight – years in the most stressful job in the world? She’d be around 80 years old when it was over. What if Hillary Clinton just chucks it all and walks away from the American Game of Thrones? And who would rise to fill the Democrats’ power vacuum?

Jim Geraghty shares some conversations he’s had on the subject at the Campaign Spot.

Frankly, I can’t see Beshear mounting any serious, national effort. (Though we did talk about his need to find a new job last week.) He doesn’t exactly have much in the way of the national name recognition beyond the borders of his state he’d need to raise that kind of money. I also don’t see any sort of outcry for him. Besides, he’s a center left Democrat – assuming such still exist – and yet another old white guy… precisely the opposite image the Democrats seem to be hankering for since the hard Left began feeling their oats.

Deval Patrick is an interesting option, though he has the same problem with national identity. Joe Biden would almost certainly be in the mix, but it just feels like he would almost as surely be blown off the stage during the debates (Again). Cory Booker’s name also bubbled up in Geraghty’s conversation, and he does get a lot of face time in the national media, but at this point that looks like a suicide move for the Democrats.

The only person mentioned who seems like a natural fit is Elizabeth Warren. She’s out of the mix by her own declaration, but it’s a fair bet that they only reason she said that was to not step on Clinton’s toes and toss herself into a buzzsaw by challenging the next inevitable candidate. If Hillary were to vanish from the picture, she might be right back in the headlines the next day. And as I mentioned before, that would be pretty good news for the GOP.

Hey… I can dream, can’t I?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

They see everybody as victims

sorry my fingers can’t spell.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Some are working poor, widows, victims of domestic abuse. Not attributes, but struggles. Definitely not parasites.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM

You forgot orphans! How could you forget to include orphans?

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Orphans and children cannot be smeared for being poor. I honestly do not believe Mitt Romney was talking about children. Do you?

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Just imagine . . . with Warren we’d have the first Native American president, and a squaw to boot. Two birds with one stone. Nothing left for the Dems to scare up is a Latino . . .

tpitman on February 8, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Hillary is very beatable in the general election.

She doesn’t come off as genuine.

bluegill on February 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM

She’s got all the charisma of a dead fish.

NavyMustang on February 8, 2014 at 8:26 PM

</blockquoteStupid murderous b*tch needs to be hauled away in leg irons.

Pork-Chop on February 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM

And alienate the "cankle" vote?

mpietz on February 8, 2014 at 8:26 PM

America does not vote for ugly, we are a shallow people.

Johnnyreb on February 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM

You mean America as a whole. Somebody elected Rosa DeLauro.

Orphans and children cannot be smeared for being poor.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Certainly they can. They should be taken from parasites and placed into loving homes with the wherewithal and intelligence to raise them.

Trust me, they’ll thank you later.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Hey darlin’

OmahaConservative on February 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

They see wverybody as victims

One other thing about liberals. They have no sense of humor and take everything deadly seriously.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

The DNC should just capture you, stick a GOP for president shirt on you and wind you up. You pop off like a parrot, Danceman.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Ah, you’re gonna be a lot of fun.

In regards to my statement yesterday of it being impossible to make a stupid person understand they’re stupid, has anybody ever told you that you have a child’s mentality? Just one real person that you’ve had contact with? Seriously, is there some spark of self-realization in you?

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Truth too hard to take, Danceman? Do you have to call them stupid too?

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Libertyship46 on February 8, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Yep. West is also cool as a cucumber. I like watching him get angry. He just responds calmly and effectively.

I’d like to see Trey Gowdy in the mix, too. He’s got fight in him!

freedomfirst on February 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

This is true.

But what is also true is the Democratic party likes putting up young candidates. Kennedy, Clinton, Obama. All young, all winners.

Stevenson. McGovern. Humphrey. Mondale. All old guard. All losers…

JohnGalt23 on February 8, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Yes, and that is likely to happen this time as well.

It won’t be Hillary Clinton IMO, though she may run.

I don’t think it will be Warren either.

Whoever it is you can trust the Republican Party to run someone who will lose to the Democrats.

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Truth too hard to take, Danceman? Do you have to call them stupid too?

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

You, sir, are going to provide me hours of entertainment. You just don’t know it.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:29 PM

It’s not just the Republicans, the Democrats also take turns. Barack Obama cut in line. It was supposed to be a woman’s turn – Hillary’s, in particular.

But this time it is definitely a woman’s turn. And definitely not another black man. That’s not historic. It’s not ground-breaking. Sorry, black Democrat men. It won’t be your turn again for a while. The Democrat party is nothing if not identity-obsessed and “fair.”

If Hillary doesn’t run, maybe it will be Fauxcahontis, or … they’re kind of thin on women after that. Don’t see either Boxer or Feinstein running. Women Democrat governors haven’t performed especially well, and half of them were put into Obama’s cabinet, where they did even worse.

No, Hillary will definitely run. Too many big money people have invested too much in the Clintons. Clueless Joe will probably also run, (and be an also-ran) just so it doesn’t look too much like a coronation.

notropis on February 8, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Orphans and children cannot be smeared for being poor.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Trust me, they’ll thank you later.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Poor people should not be allowed to raise their own children? Let me write this down, oracle.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Victims of abuse, you say?

Kathleen Willey
Juanita Broaddrick
Paula Jones

Yeah. You and your party are deeply concerned about victims of abuse.

Rational Thought on February 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Hillary has a lot of baggage that in a normal world would make sure she never got near the presidency. All the Republicans have to do is keep repeating all of it…

Well never mind. Maybe the media will report it honestly…

Yep she’s a shoe-in.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM

That’s how I see it. All her lies,dirty business deals and abuses of power should doom her, right?!?! And she’s horrible at retail politics and public speaking.

But she does the victim well. She cries at the right moment. She makes it about the war on womyn. She almost came back in 2008. But, in the end, obama’s race card trumped hill’s women card. To mix card metaphors – I’m not sure how much credit is left on hillary’s victim card though. Hopefully not much.

BoxHead1 on February 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Conservatives have a more realistic view. They know there are good guys and bad guys and the bad guys don’t deserve to be taken care of by the good guys.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:21 PM

And that you cannot help people with a basket of cash. Creating the enviroment that allows them to help themselves is far more permanent and knowing that there will always be some who won’t be helped.

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM

the only good thing about barry is that few people have charisma, hipsterism, a smiley face and demagogy all wrapped up in one package

Hill will be a let down to the emotional heart driven D voters (but not the OPM driven D voters)…there will be an exhaustion in that regard….

a Hill candidacy would just be a cynical play for Womyn and Clinton. That’s it. Now the power of the press could well put her over by destroying the R candidate. This is not unlikely…unless the press is tired of the game and wants a R in their so they can beat him up.

r keller on February 8, 2014 at 8:31 PM

This is true.

Stevenson. McGovern. Humphrey. Mondale. All old guard. All losers…

JohnGalt23 on February 8, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Excellent point, and applies to Warren, Biden, sort of Cuomo. So who does that leave: Booker, Patrick, Gillebrand.

Fenris on February 8, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Take a picture of the screen with your cellphone. It won’t tax you nearly as much as pen and paper.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Hey darlin’

OmahaConservative on February 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Hey Omaha. I have a friend who had a dog named Omaha. See if you can guess what breed. It isn’t a well-known breed.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hillary’s probably already printing tickets for guests to stay in the Lincoln bedroom.

disawaynodataway on February 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:24 PM

He was talking about a huge portion of the country who vote for a living rather than work for one. Government handouts are crippling generation after generation and that is fine with you Democrats as long as they keep giving power to the rich fatcats in your party who make a very nice living off that dependency.

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM

If Hillary steps aside, here are my guesses regarding who would try to fill her shoes:

1. John Kerry
2. Jerry Brown
3. Chris Christie
4. Lindsay Graham

-chuck

chuck_pundit on February 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Listen, shar, listen all of you: reason will not work with this one. Just play with it.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Truth too hard to take, Danceman? Do you have to call them stupid too?

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I work quite a bit, so I might be around much. But, don’t be angry, you can reread my posts to rip your squid, Danceman.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Schweitzer is a much more capable candidate than Hillary. I hope the Dems don’t realize that.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on February 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Sometimes you make the point so that others can see it refuted rather than the obtuse fool you are addressing.

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

And yet you still vote Democrat? P.T. Barnam was right.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Well, when you’re not washing dishes, lying around at an Occupy gathering or working a phone bank for OFA, you just drop by. We’d love to have you.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I thought that was my job? ;)

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM

What if Hillary just walked away?

We can always dream!

The world would be a much better place if the Clintons moved to the moon.

redguy on February 8, 2014 at 8:42 PM

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Jack Russell?

OmahaConservative on February 8, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Jack Russell?

OmahaConservative on February 8, 2014 at 8:42 PM

No but interestingly I had a Jack Russell. She died at 15 a year ago.

My friend’s dog was a Brittany. Omaha Beach. I didn’t name him.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I didn’t come here to converse with your caliber. It seems there are many here who can make a cogent argument, like your Shar. You can laugh yourself silly, but you are still an out of work tradesman, Danceman.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

And yet you still vote Democrat? P.T. Barnam was right.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Yes, me, and Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, most of Wall Street, many heads of industry. The circus seems to reside in your tent, madam.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Ah, Sanctimoneous elitism.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Something the LIV voters need to be made aware of is that the rich tramplers are now the Democrats and their cronies.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Ah, Sanctimoneous elitism.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Danceman is a walking advertisement for the GOP, that I wash dishes, that I’m part of occupy. Sean Hannity once washed dishes. What is so wrong with that, elitist? You have to start somewhere.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Hold it. I thought Wall Street was bad?

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Whenever I want to make a cogent argument I also use the catchphrase “rip your squid”.

Fenris on February 8, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Move over to the Quote of the Day, Pickles.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:51 PM

What if Hillary just walked away?

She’ll go away, but not on her own volition. She’s running but she’s losing. Elizabeth Warren is the candidate.

rrpjr on February 8, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Wait, you really do wash dishes? Oh Jesus, can I call ‘em or what?

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:53 PM

If Hillary walks away ill go the nearest bar and buy everyone a round. That would be time for a celebration…sorta speak

redyoshii on February 8, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I just have slightly more patience that Lanceman is all. He knows that arguing logic with a leftist is a waste of time. That has been made very clear by many ex-leftists who have come over to the dark side.

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Wait, you really do wash dishes? Oh Jesus, can I call ‘em or what?

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:53 PM

No, I’ve done real well for myself, but there is nothing wrong with washing dishes. You need to learn how to read and understand. We might be able to have a decent conversation.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Bring yourself over to the Quote of the Day, Pickles!

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM

I think the word you need is more intelligence.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM

There is zero chance Hillary won’t waddle her cankles onto stage at the DNC to accept the nomination

The only other possibility is if she has another health issue, which is entirely possible. The “fall” she had when avoiding the Benghazi stuff was a fairly serious blood clot in her brain, by all the clues I can tell leaked out

If Hillary doesn’t run, the Dims are absolutely screwed

They have literally no bench right now, and their grassroots has gone so batshit leftist that any other reasonable candidate will have a hard time making it out of the primary

Hillary will 100% run, and is about 80% to beat whatever loser we pathetically try to run

If not for Hillary, we crush anyone else out there. They have to go all in with her, and she/Bill and the Dims know it. They will do anything the Clintons want

thurman on February 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Not gonna happen. My girl’s running. She’s gonna break some glass ceilings!

HillAREwe on February 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM

HillAREwe on February 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Bring yourself over to QOTD, HillAbeans!!!

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Bring yourself over to QOTD, HillAbeans!!!
Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Maybe when I get home. Gotta get more if you on the Hillary train!

HillAREwe on February 8, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I think the word you need is more intelligence.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Beg to differ.

“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.” – Leo Tolstoy

“It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so.” Ronald Reagan

sharrukin on February 8, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Maybe when I get home. Gotta get more if you on the Hillary train!

HillAREwe on February 8, 2014 at 9:04 PM

OK. You can talk about anything there.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 9:07 PM

The result would be the same as if she stayed in the race and didn’t manage to completely clear the field before Iowa. If Biden jumps in, the nomination’s his. If he doesn’t and somebody else jumps in, it’s theirs whether or not Rodham is in the race.

The Rats choose their nominees from one of two categories – sitting/former Vice President (their version of the GOP’s NextInLine™ principle) and somebody even the pros barely heard of 4 years prior.

Steve Eggleston on February 8, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I still think Warren gets in the Dem race.

If not her, some other not a white guy will do.

It won’t be Hill though. She is too old and too Clinton. She is practically a neocon in today’s Democrat party.

Moesart on February 8, 2014 at 9:18 PM

@Steve Eggleston

You’re suggesting Hillary will not run? I’m thinking it’s a foregone conclusion, and have for a long time. However who could’ve guessed the outcome of 2008 in 2006? So I am aware of the likelihood of a dark horse. Ha! See what I’ did there. Anyway, deeper thoughts?

TexasJack on February 8, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Hillary vs Warren.

Can’t see Lady Macbeth deciding to chuck it all in. Remember, we are not talking about normal people here.

virgo on February 8, 2014 at 9:50 PM

disawaynodataway on February 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Not a chance. She’s planning to let Bill have that bedroom for “entertaining”.

climbnjump on February 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Waddled away … not walked…. waddled.

viking01 on February 8, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Hillary’s shot was 2008. 2016 she will probably be looking at a GOP hill. Between that scenario and losing the 2016 election I say she opts for spending the next 10 years doing what her and Billy do best, shaking rich people down. Might have been beats never was everyday

rik on February 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

rik makes a very very good point. Unless they shoot themselves in the foot (and they have been known to do that) the GOP will control both house of congress in January, and considering they would be dealing with obama for the next 2 years, I don’t see them losing it in 2016.

Can you imagine Hillary having to have everything she does go through a GOP House and Senate. and there might be a few Dems that look at that and think the same thing.

Believe me, if it look towards fall of 2016, and looks like Dems are going to win WH again, every Tom, Dick, and Harry Koch is going to be throwing every dime at congress to make sure it stays in the GOP hands.

And of those thinking that Schweitzer may a better candidate than Hillary, maybe. But I don’t think his small town folksy talk is not going to play in NY, CA, and IL. I have seen him in MT. The only reason he won is that the people hated the person he ran against more than him. He could win IA in primaries, but not NH, SC, FL or NV

ConservativePartyNow on February 8, 2014 at 10:02 PM

More importantly than Hillary, Bill is getting up there in years. I find most libs are not so much hopeful for a Hillary Clinton Presidency, they are hopeful for a Bill Clinton Co-Presidency. But what if that’s not possible? What if Bill’s health or mind is no longer up to it?

Sekhmet on February 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM

The only person mentioned who seems like a natural fit is Elizabeth Warren.

I would say Mark Warner if Hillary walked away. Mark Warner with Cory Booker as his VP.

Punchenko on February 8, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Obama and Deval Patrick are the “Milli-Vanilli” of politics.

OxyCon on February 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM

When did that happen. I thought he won the Democrat debate I watched back in 2008.

No way. He acted like a jackass. His behavior was unacceptable.

edrebber on February 8, 2014 at 10:41 PM

I think the word you need is more intelligence.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Actually, the word you need is “intellect.”

ToddPA on February 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Hillary just walking away? That’s a bad thing?

She could run & might win … to be the first woman president. Then she could walk away from a second term & retire on a high note. She wouldn’t have to do that second term lame duck thing.

Just ruminating.

majorzot on February 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM

The only question marks for Hillary are her health and her looks. If she could lose 30 lbs and have some cosmetic surgery, she would be unbeatable. She can take stimulants to get through the grind of the campaign.

She can bring out the slogan from the ’92 campaign. “It’s the economy stupid”. She will beat any left wing challenger over the head with that repeatedly and will simply cite the things Bill did to revive the economy.

The Democrats will encourage any left wing nut job to run in the primaries as sparring a partner for Hillary. Once she gets the nomination, she will be perceived as a moderate and easily paint any Republican as a right wing extremist, racist, homophobe.

It’s a long shot, but Obama could appoint a special prosecutor to look in to Benghazi in late 2015 and sabotage her campaign and paint himself as less of a partisan president.

edrebber on February 8, 2014 at 11:26 PM

cankles in polyester pantsuits can’t walk away from anything…. she waddles everywhere.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on February 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

I think the word you need is more intelligence.

Pickle on February 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Wouldn’t that be two words?

/biden

Solaratov on February 8, 2014 at 11:44 PM

The left wing crazy run the Democrats. That’s why Hill got kicked to the side in 2008.

It’s where political correctness, the race hustling, the daily gay indoctrination, make illegals legal right now and all the rest come from.

That’s all left wing crazy agenda.

Moesart on February 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM

“My name is Barack Obama and I had a single good speech at the DNC when Kerry lost”
… and that’s what beat Hillary. Coming in a close second behind that was:

“My name is John Edwards and I’m recycling an old speech and Clinton’s penchant for nailing everything under the sun.”

Let them keep calling her inevitable. We can let the general public wonder why after she gets nominated for her name and not her pathetic resume.

chapman on February 8, 2014 at 11:51 PM

At this point, what difference does it make?

nazo311 on February 9, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Elizabeth “Pow Wow Chow” Warren cannot win the Presidency.

Truth Gun on February 9, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Ok I’ll jump in on this. It is over two years from the election. None of this current talk counts for anything towards that goal.

Hillary is just sending up “WHAT IF” trial balloons. She is an absolutely fearless campaigner. Except for one thing. Above all else she fears public humiliation, especially at the end of her life’s efforts. If she is made to believe that this would be the ultimate end of her run for the golden ring. Then she will run to the nearest EXSIT out of the public arena.

“If not Hillary then who?” Is a meaningless question at this time. It is based on the belief that the candidate has to have some degree of proven competency. Six years ago most people never heard of Obama and fewer new anything of his background. Today we have heard of him but his background is still some what of a mystery.

Campaigning is a marketing endeavor. It is not about competency, it is about branding and saleability. With that in mind the next candidate could come from most anywhere. It could even be Oprah Winfrey.

jpcpt03 on February 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM

I’d prefer she squawks and then flies away on leathery wings. Away to guard gold in a cave. $hillary is just as bad as Christy when it comes to being a corporatist.

Nape-wa-ste on February 9, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Whoever it is I hope we see no more political dynasties. Not another Clinton, Bush, or Kennedy as president.

Whoever is bought and paid for by whoever really runs the country will win though. They still let us pretend we have a vote. It’s patronizing.

Dan_Yul on February 9, 2014 at 1:56 AM

jpcpt03
on February 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM

I can see it now- “And you get a new life and you get a new life!” Wish it was true, but it isn’t.

Nape-wa-ste on February 9, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Look around and you will see the Democrats are running has-beens and used to be’s.

Heck Kitzhaber in Oregon is the ONLY candidate the left has in Oregon, the only one.

OregonPolitician on February 9, 2014 at 3:14 AM

The progressives I know are all in for fauxcahontus, Hillary or no Hillary.

Viator on February 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM

Not a chance. She’s planning to let Bill have that bedroom for “entertaining”.

climbnjump on February 8, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I bet ol’ Bill will try to do his real “entertaining” in the Oval Office for old time’s sake.

disawaynodataway on February 9, 2014 at 6:26 AM

What if Hillary just walked away?

You would be compelled to stare at her big ass. It would be impossible to not notice.

hawkdriver on February 9, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Really…what does it matter at this point? Even without Clinton, the current administration and the do-nothing congress have done enough damage to the nation to last a lifetime.

Unless the there is a complete shake-up in our government–something unlikely to happen with a low-information voter majority–things will continue to slide along the downward slope.

But that said, it would still be a something of a pleasure to watch the door slam shut hard on this totalitarian’s behind.

zoyclem on February 9, 2014 at 6:49 AM

She should walk away.
This country cannot handle another liberal in the White House.
They’re killing business and the impotent leadership of Obama/Clinton/Kerry has put our foreign policy in great peril.
Here’s one for the road:
Yup, removing sanctions will make them like us so much they’ll want to move into our back yard.
“Liberals look so far ahead, they cannot see what is directly in front of them.”

kregg on February 9, 2014 at 7:19 AM

FIXED: She should walk slither away.

kregg on February 9, 2014 at 7:48 AM

From your dream to God’s ear. Please, save us from the liberals.

evie1949 on February 9, 2014 at 8:11 AM

The Rat nomination goes through George Soros. Better ask him if he plans on passing on Hilldebeast again for another empty vessel he can control?

ConstantineXI on February 9, 2014 at 8:25 AM

warren will jump in because if she doesn’t now, she’ll never have a chance to run given her age IMO.

Other candidates: Scheweitzer,Jerry Brown, Tim Kaine, Mark Warner, Hickenlooper.

uatu1878 on February 9, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Obama and Deval Patrick are the “Milli-Vanilli” of politics.
OxyCon on February 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM

You may have something there. Both are “pretty” boys who can be the figurehead for and lip sync ugly, evil George Soros.

ConstantineXI on February 9, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Even if it’s been said here already, it bears repeating:

What difference does it make?!?!?

brentspolemics on February 9, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Don’t leave Brian Schweitzer out of the mix. He didn’t run for the senate so he’d be able to throw his hat into the ring.

Kissmygrits on February 9, 2014 at 8:57 AM

@Steve Eggleston

TexasJack on February 8, 2014 at 9:36 PM

She’ll run, but unless she keeps the field clear, she won’t be the nominee.

Look for something radical from Clinton Rodham in the fall of 2015 if it looks like there is anybody else in the field, like a visit with Huma to a justice of the peace in New Hampshire.

Steve Eggleston on February 9, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Ain’t politics a funny business? Lizzie Warren enhances her resume and the media calls her out on it. Shrillary Clinton’s incompetence cost the country four lives and the media says there is ‘nothing there.’

Yeah, you yellow dog bastids. Vote for “the smartest woman in America” (who has accomplished nothing in her life of much importance, other than to stand by a sexual predator for twenty years) and let more of her negligence destroy more of the country.

BigAlSouth on February 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Hickenlooper.

Personally I’m hoping for this. If we have to suffer through another clownish Dem president due to a terminally ignorant electorate, let’s have a name like this.

Art Vandelay on February 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I once thought Clinton was done, however, her ego will not allow her to run away

Look for Cory Booker to sneak in and win the primary

Repeat of 2008….Clintons should know this…their ‘machine’ can’t compete

Redford on February 9, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Well, I certainly do no support him, but Biden is much more competitive that people give him credit for…. His biggest issue is that the left wing has created an idiotic image for him because they wanted to not say anything negative about Obama and Biden was the fall guy. Biden is very good on the stump…I mean from a policy perspective he is as incompetent as Obama…but he is a good campaigner

georgealbert on February 9, 2014 at 11:45 AM

“The only person mentioned who seems like a natural fit is…”

How old will Obama’s son be in 2016?

Tsar of Earth on February 9, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Warren, Warren, Warren!

The Native American vote might put her over the top.

PunditPete on February 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM

If she walks away, then she won’t be beat and she can go to her grave saying she could have won but chose not to enter the race.

txmomof6 on February 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM