Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on February 7, 2014 by Allahpundit

In politics, it always comes down to timing. And right now, it appears the timing just isn’t right for congressional Republicans to take up an immigration overhaul…

It’s premature to say it’s over. In my discussions with the leadership offices, what they’re saying is they can’t do it now, they don’t have the votes now,” said John Feehery, president of communications for Quinn Gillespie, a consulting and lobby shop. “Their might be another time when they can get the votes,” said Feehery, a former top House aide. “But we’ve got a debt limit [vote] and this has been a distraction.”…

“The politics of immigration have never been perfect for anybody ever,” says Theresa Cardinal Brown, director of immigration policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center. “Immigration is just one of those issues that’s difficult politically. And I don’t know if there’s ever a perfect time for immigration reform. In some ways it’s like dealing with entitlement reform. Has there ever been a good political time to deal with that?”

***

Ali Noorani, executive director of the National Immigration Forum, told msnbc in a separate interview on Friday that it was likely Boehner was buying time while leaders worked on a fuller policy proposal to address GOP concerns and dealt with more immediate issues, like the debt ceiling.

“What I heard [Boehner] saying is ‘Let’s keep working immigration through the legislative process, we’ll get to it later in the Spring, but between now and then let’s talk about this nebulous issue of trust,’” he said…

“I think the opponents are getting traction with the argument of ‘Why now?’” Noorani said. “I can’t see a scenario in 2016 where Republicans have a better chance for claiming the mantle of victory on immigration reform. They’re going to be in the midst of a presidential primary where the field will be dragged to the right. Does anyone really think Ted Cruz is all of a sudden going to be calling for immigration reform in 2016?”

***

So maybe immigration is dead, or maybe this July 2013 report from the Huffington Post is just as applicable today: “Immigration reform is not dead. The doom and gloom is being fed, at least in part, by GOP leadership, to help position them politically for the coming fight.”

If that’s the case, GOP leaders have successfully established “lack of trust in Obama” as the primary roadblock to reform. It’s possible this is all about messaging heading into the midterm elections, but it could also be an attempt to set up a dramatic “game changing” moment to clear the way for legislation in the House

Some opponents of comprehensive reform have suggested that Obama could announce he is appointing a Republican to lead a special task force to secure the border, or something along those lines, which would allow a sufficient number of Republicans to declare “problem solved” and pass legislation out of the House. Maybe that sounds a tad conspiratorial, but it is probably less preposterous than the media’s insistence that what Boehner said Thursday has any bearing on immigration reform’s prospects this year.

***

The populist wing of the party has talked itself into believing the zero-sum economics that immigrants steal jobs from U.S. citizens and reduce American living standards. Neither claim is true, but Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions and the Heritage Foundation might as well share research staffs with the AFL-CIO.

So great is the House GOP fear of a talk-radio backlash that it won’t even pass smaller bills that 75% of Republicans agree on. There will be nothing to codify the legal status of children of illegal immigrants who have lived here for decades. And no expanded green cards for foreign graduates of U.S. colleges, a policy Mitt Romney endorsed. And no cleaning up the work-visa morass that has obliged U.S. farmers to hire illegals to harvest their crops.

The result of doing nothing will be a de facto “amnesty” in which 11 million illegal immigrants will continue to work using fake documents. Mr. Obama will look for ways to grant more of them legal status using executive power, and the GOP will look even more unwelcoming to minorities.

Some Republicans who do want to vote for immigration reform say they don’t want to divide the party over such a contentious issue in an election year. Better to take this up in 2015, they say. But the opponents will raise the same furor whenever it comes up, and Democrats will be less likely to compromise figuring they can use the issue to drive minority voter turnout in 2016.

***

But what happens if the Republican party slackens in its commitment to protecting wages and employment? Several decades ago, the GOP began winning the white working class in the South, and more recently it has done so in the border states (Kentucky, Tennessee, and West Virginia). Yet its advance in the Midwest has stalled. Ohio remains less than a sure thing, even though its demographics have changed little. Pennsylvania and Minnesota are creeping closer to the Republican party, but have not yet flipped. Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin remain frustratingly elusive.

These are all states where Republicans regularly win statewide, yet lose presidential contests, in part because Democrats successfully tag GOP nominees as heartless plutocrats. The only way for the GOP to shatter this image is through an explicit and relentless commitment to pocket-book issues of concern to average Americans. A comprehensive immigration bill that lowers wages is a giant step in the wrong direction…

In 1960, Barry Goldwater blasted the policies of Dwight Eisenhower as a “dime store New Deal.” This was an exaggeration, but Goldwater was on to something. The Republican party did not enjoy enduring successes until Ronald Reagan’s victory in 1980, when the party articulated a compelling alternative to New Deal/Great Society liberalism. So it goes with immigration reform. Offering a “lite” version of the Democratic proposal is poor political strategy, for the party will always be outbid. By contrast, offering a robust critique and a sensible alternative is the proven way to turn the party’s fortunes around.

***

Sometimes politics really is this simple. After all the arguments about economics and assimilation, people understand if they are viewed as a threat to the predominant culture. They know if their voice is not welcome in the national chorus. And this does have implications for political philosophy. Kemp — the GOP congressman and vice presidential candidate who described himself as a “bleeding-heart conservative” — passionately believed that human beings, as a rule, are economic and social advantages, the ultimate sources of energy, creativity and wealth. This included anyone, of any background, who happened to be in front of him and smothered by his enthusiastic attentions. Kemp strongly rejected the notion — common in every generation — that the current cohort of immigrants are somehow inferior to immigrants past.

I’m sorry to wax nostalgic — but not really. I saw how a Republican politician could treat immigrants and minorities as if they were valued national possessions. And I saw Kemp’s frustration with the direction of his party. “We sound like we don’t want immigration,” he said. “We sound like we don’t want black people to vote for us. What are we going to do — meet in a country club in the suburbs one day?”…

But the most important change that is needed is the hardest to achieve: A genuine welcome to the party. And an honest prayer: Dios derramó su gracia sobre ti.

***

Via NRO.

***

Via Newsbusters.

***

Via RCP.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 16

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Evening darlin’
Great story…

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM

libfreesMom on February 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Do you make really good pie?

KCB on February 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Keep a jar or two of breadballs handy…

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Did you have to? Oh My… :)

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

libfreesMom on February 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM

ROFLOL

BeachBum on February 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Politics and spinal stenosis.

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM

O no, are you in pain?

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Do you make really good pie?

KCB on February 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Meatloaf, Ken, meatloaf.

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Better to take this up in 2015

Well, yes, after we win the senate, and better still after we win the presidency with Ted Cruz (?), then we do a decent security / employment verification bill which gives teeth to rule of the actual laws, and in time, as 5 years, after that has been proven successfully implemented, we actually will consider amnesty. And no “contingent amnesty.”

Implement security, then we talk about amnesty 5 years later. But we certainly don’t just give out amnesty or legalization now when the borders are wide open and the result would be a torrential FLOOD of new “immigrants” easily crossing the border to gain our honey and Obamacare and social security and all that. Soon we’d have 30 million of the fecund low income immigrants and their children taking our working class jobs and voting Democrat, and lobbying for instant citizenship for any more of them that want to come here, and for de facto redistribution of assets to them.

anotherJoe on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Do you make really good pie?

KCB on February 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

fantastic question Ken!!

(watching)

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM

how old are you?

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM

The proverbial old enough to know better.

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM

twerp, have you tried that vinegar yet?

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Did you dig how stealthy it was?

KCB on February 7, 2014 at 9:14 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Good evening, ALT. :) Desmond thanks you. :)

I’m so sorry you’re not well, ALT. I hope you feel much better very soon.

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:14 PM

I like that catnipjoe guy.

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:14 PM

anotherJoe on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Thats the ticket!! Well said :)

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Keep a jar or two of breadballs handy…

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Sounds yummy.

bluegill4ever on February 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Darn it! I don’t have any Tylenol. I’ve got Aleve.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I think I’m going to really like you, love our conservative babes…

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Bishop! davidk on February 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM

I got my Bishop first thread this morning after Ed deleted your OT post. Lol. ;)

wolly4321 on February 7, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Actually it was my post he deleted :/

which I deserved – not so much because it was OT but it was a little rude to put it at the top. And maybe a bit racist?

kcewa on February 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM

KCB on February 7, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Dang skippy I did!!

You super sleuth you!! :D

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Bishop!

davidk on February 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Colin Powell sucks!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Sorry but sometimes truth outweighs being first.

IMO, the Bishop goes to ALT.

Happy Nomad on February 7, 2014 at 9:04 PM

*Looks in the direction of davidk. Neener!*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Well, poot. *kicks rock*

davidk on February 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I saw a photograph of a very handsome gentleman today. :)

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Politics and spinal stenosis.

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Yikes!! Have a wee nip and an ibuprofen? Or has it gone past that? I mean the politics…

oldroy on February 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM

I saw a photograph of a very handsome gentleman today. :)

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Howdjue get into my FB page?!?

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Do you make really good pie?

KCB on February 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM

I’ve been told I do. But my hands are usually full keeping our child happy. My days are filled with lowering cheetos & Orange Fanta or Pop tarts & Grape Kool Aide in a bucket down to the basement for him.

libfreesMom on February 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I went out long enough-n my bike-to do a short workout. Afterward, I felt so lousy that I came straight home. I’ll ask spawn to pick some up.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM

twerp, have you tried that vinegar yet?

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Everybody looks at me as if I’m nuts or hopelessly old fashioned when I say this but when I had shingles I treated it the same way I do poison ivy. Scrub it with fels naphtha soap. Of course I had a very mild case not anything like ALT. I’m so glad it wasn’t like that.

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Bishop! davidk on February 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM

wolly4321 on February 7, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Actually it was my post he deleted :/

kcewa on February 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM

:P

davidk on February 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM

TY darlin’

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Bengals are interesting cats. My Mom has one. Acts like a dog more than a cat sometimes. Then reverts to stalker of the jungle again.
Funny to watch. Tons of personality.

wolly4321 on February 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM

They’re not especially high maintenance, but you have to be careful what vaccinations they’re given, and they are prone to high spirits from time to time.

Desmond is a thief. He’ll take any small item that you leave laying on a table or counter. He even tries to make off with my keys. lol!

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM

My marbled Bengal stole my nail file today. He’d hidden it somewhere and he saw me looking for it.
thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:08 PM

There was a dog from down street when I was a teen, he’d come down to our house to play fetch at least a couple times a week. We’d take a ball, toss it and he would bring it back.
Thing was, when he tired of playing fetch, he’d always run off with our ball. After a few weeks we’d go down to his to retrieve the purloined balls from under a bush in the owner’s front yard.

whatcat on February 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

libfreesMom on February 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I think my pick was good.

Barred on February 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Stopping by to say good evening. Keep up the good fight and keep the trolls on their toes. Everyone have a great night!

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe on February 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Funny to watch. Tons of personality.

wolly4321 on February 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM

There’s one that roams down the block. Beautiful cat. Looks like a baby tiger.

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Yes, but does he have a barrel in the marketplace?

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Feel better soon alt.

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe on February 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM

I love how they look. I couldn’t keep up with one tho, ty for sharing MG!!

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Dios derramó su gracia sobre ti. = God shed His Grace on you.

davidk on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

oldroy on February 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM

The wee nip sounds good. What do you recommend?

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

wolly4321 on February 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Good evening, wolly. :) Good to see you.

You’re absolutely right about that acting like a dog sometimes. They’re fearless, and will lay right in the middle of the floor like a dog, rather than up on a chair or a sofa, when the mood takes them.

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Well, I finally got libfreeordie to eat his peas. I had to put on the Obama mask again, and say “You gotta eat your peas” over & over again.

That kid SO high maintenance.

libfreesMom on February 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!
Welcome aboard Mom!!!
I am sooooo looking forward to your posts!!!

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Yeah. Most of us are cat owners. Antwerp has a tiger-striped Jerkface. Omaha and I have applehead meezers.

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 8:48 PM

mine here

have 3

dmacleo on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Man this one goes fast. Trying to catch up. My son just called with news he’s getting promoted end of the month at Enterprise.

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe on February 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

You too!! God Bless and goodnight to you!!

Thanks for stopping by :)

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Funny to watch. Tons of personality.
wolly4321 on February 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM

My fave cat was a Tabby Maine Coon, she was a real sweetie.

whatcat on February 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Good one lanceman!!

(wake up brain)

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM

I miss my kittie.
Sometimes.

pambi on February 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:20 PM

lol! Sometimes I worry that he may be thinking of running for political office.

But he’s got to much dignity for that. :)

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Congrats to your offspring!!
And to you for raising him up right!! :)

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

libfreesMom on February 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I can see how much you love him. You must only have one computer, because he doesn’t seem to comment on the same threads that you do.

KCB on February 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Hey Colin…. Ya found those weapons of mass destruction yet?

roflmmfao

donabernathy on February 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

The wee nip sounds good. What do you recommend?

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Scotch. Spend a few bucks more on a good brand. “Chivas” is good for not too much. Scotch keeps you warm at night.

oldroy on February 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

My fave cat was a Tabby Maine Coon, she was a real sweetie.

whatcat on February 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM

We’ve got a plain old tan male tabby mix and a royally bitchy female calico. The dogs get along with the male ok, but the calico runs, so they try to chase her.
There are times I’ve been tempted to throw those cats out back to play with the coyotes….

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

have 3

dmacleo on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Ladyingray has two cats that look like the speckled one and the gray one.

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

What causes this condition?

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

“The last shall be first, and the first shall be…”

Archbishop on February 7, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Some. Or many, depending on the reference. “. . . Many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first,” or, “. . . Some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.”

Some. Many. :)

Axe on February 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

is that Colin Powell on the main page? My Irish chucks are darker than his.

Murphy9 on February 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM

dmacleo on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Adorable-especially the torti!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM

ClownsToTheLeftOfMe on February 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Goodnight, ClowndToTheLeftOfMe. Thanks for stopping by. Come back when you can stay awhile. :)

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM

I had a female black Manx for eighteen years out in California…

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that poor kitty ): (sniff sniff)

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Congrats to your offspring!!
And to you for raising him up right!! :)

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Thanks – yes he’s doing well. Just graduated from college last May and been with Enterprise since June.

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I think I’m going to really like you, love our conservative babes…

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I’ll bet you say that to all the old ladies.

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Axe on February 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Oh that’s deep, I mean deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, dude, deep!

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I’ll bet you say that to all the old ladies.

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM

LOLZ! ;-)

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:28 PM

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Fabulous!! Be Proud!!

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Good to see you too, Jackie.

That cat.(Dave) his world is every single thing around him. Until around 4pm.

The tail starts twitching violently.

fancy feast time.

wolly4321 on February 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM

whatcat on February 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Good evening, whatcat. :) Great to see you.

lol! What a character. Isn’t it amazing how clever some of them are? I think they do it to make up their own games.

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Quote of the day is “Benghazi” — why is not being reported on Hot Air?

conservativeBC on February 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Oh that’s deep, I mean deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep, dude, deep!

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:28 PM

lol — Jesus could do that, time to time. :)

Even’, Scrump.

Axe on February 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM

wolly4321 on February 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM

That’s very true. Mine have a very keen internal clock and will start to meow and me and then get a little obnoxious if I’m late with their dinner.

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Yeah, I do. “Immigration reform” as in SEAL THE BORDER, ARREST AND DEPORT THE ILLEGALS.

Simple reform, as in enforce the g**damn law? Yeah, that’s immigration reform as defined by the term.

Why do we always let them make up shiny new terminology to warp and distort the discussion? Newspeak, that’s all they know.

Logic! Reason! Use them!

Who is John Galt on February 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM

is that Colin Powell on the main page? My Irish chucks are darker than his.

Murphy9 on February 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM

George Zimmerman was darker than the ‘Aaaaafrican-Ameeeeerican’ deputy escorting him.

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM

This is your president on dope…. any more questions?

oscarwilde on February 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Is it time for the closing ceremony open thread? Summer 2012 was hilarious!

22044 on February 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Thanks Scrumpy! And I’m not one that really gets too deep into things around here, but when I heard you had said you’d had it with HA, I was a bit sad. So welcome back!

anotherJoe on February 7, 2014 at 9:32 PM

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Congrats to son. Yes I’m having trouble keeping up with my slow laptop.

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Another one…

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM

you
That kid SO high maintenance.

libfreesMom on February 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM

An example of the upside to an open registration. You get a whole new batch of trolls. But you can pick up a few anti-trolls. And when the troll meets the anti-troll, it can be like matter and anti-matter colliding.

farsighted on February 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM

This is your president on dope…. any more questions?

oscarwilde on February 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM

You are very comfortable at HA…in a good way.

KCB on February 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Axe on February 7, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Good evening, Axefellow. :) You seem rested. :)

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Axe on February 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM

You Betcha!! ;D

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

congrats…

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Good evening, whatcat. :) Great to see you.

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM

G’even.
Yeah, each critter has it’s own peculiarities, gotta love ‘em.

whatcat on February 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM

farsighted on February 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Faaaaaaaaar out dude!! :)

Ain’t that da truth tho!!

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM

glad you guys enjoyed them :)

the torti is a maine coon mix (approx 80%) and has the ear tufts and thick legs and very dense fur and muscles.
she also has brown eyes, rare, and is extremely attached to me.
the other 2 are typical shorthairs, youngest one 24 weeks old today. the other 8 or so and almost lost her 2 months ago due to seizures but we got phenobarbitol working right for her.
somewhere in there is a black one who got taken by raccoons 2 yrs ago.

I am disabled and pretty much fully laid up, they keep me alive.

dmacleo on February 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Prayers ascending for all who are sick or in pain here tonight…

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:36 PM

she also has brown eyes, rare, and is extremely attached to me.
dmacleo on February 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Nicest breed of cat, ever.

whatcat on February 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Has anyone seen that new Government Series II Les Paul that Gibson produced with the rosewood that was confiscated by the Obama administration but had to be returned to them?

Government Series II Les Paul

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM

dmacleo on February 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I am soooooo jealous!! Your torti is what I want!!

I love Maine Coon cats, esp torti’s…

Wish I could have one where I live now ):

Maybe one day eh…

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM

and is extremely attached to me.
dmacleo on February 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Cats are a lot more loyal than they get credit for…

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I am disabled and pretty much fully laid up, they keep me alive.

dmacleo on February 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM

God Bless you and keep you safe and your kitties too!!

Welcome to QOTD!! Where anything goes, well, almost!!

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:38 PM

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Seconded. You’re very kind, Omaha.

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I had a female black Manx for eighteen years out in California…

OmahaConservative on February 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I had a white persian when I lived in Los Angeles. There was an earthquake in the valley in 1971. I found him cowering under the couch and ever after that anytime there was a rumbling sound he would go and hide.

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM

This is your president on dope…. any more questions?

oscarwilde on February 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Holy crap.

BeachBum on February 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM

This is your president on dope…. any more questions?

oscarwilde on February 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM

You are very comfortable at HA…in a good way.

KCB on February 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Comes from being not all that bright, I just stumble along having a great ole time wherever I might happen to be… ;P

oscarwilde on February 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM

That’s some Guitar!!

Scrumpy on February 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Government Series II Les Paul

thatsafactjack on February 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Can’t afford one after obama took my job.

Lanceman on February 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM

dmacleo on February 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I didn’t know that raccoons kidnapped cats.
MY tortie is almost 14 and is currently in my lap. She’s always been my cat-but she knows that I’m currently under the weather.
We also have a grey/white/brown/black tabby who must’ve been a blonde in one of his past lives, and a grey/ white tuxie.
She’s the smallest, the youngest…and the alpha.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM