Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on February 7, 2014 by Allahpundit

In politics, it always comes down to timing. And right now, it appears the timing just isn’t right for congressional Republicans to take up an immigration overhaul…

It’s premature to say it’s over. In my discussions with the leadership offices, what they’re saying is they can’t do it now, they don’t have the votes now,” said John Feehery, president of communications for Quinn Gillespie, a consulting and lobby shop. “Their might be another time when they can get the votes,” said Feehery, a former top House aide. “But we’ve got a debt limit [vote] and this has been a distraction.”…

“The politics of immigration have never been perfect for anybody ever,” says Theresa Cardinal Brown, director of immigration policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center. “Immigration is just one of those issues that’s difficult politically. And I don’t know if there’s ever a perfect time for immigration reform. In some ways it’s like dealing with entitlement reform. Has there ever been a good political time to deal with that?”

***

Ali Noorani, executive director of the National Immigration Forum, told msnbc in a separate interview on Friday that it was likely Boehner was buying time while leaders worked on a fuller policy proposal to address GOP concerns and dealt with more immediate issues, like the debt ceiling.

“What I heard [Boehner] saying is ‘Let’s keep working immigration through the legislative process, we’ll get to it later in the Spring, but between now and then let’s talk about this nebulous issue of trust,’” he said…

“I think the opponents are getting traction with the argument of ‘Why now?’” Noorani said. “I can’t see a scenario in 2016 where Republicans have a better chance for claiming the mantle of victory on immigration reform. They’re going to be in the midst of a presidential primary where the field will be dragged to the right. Does anyone really think Ted Cruz is all of a sudden going to be calling for immigration reform in 2016?”

***

So maybe immigration is dead, or maybe this July 2013 report from the Huffington Post is just as applicable today: “Immigration reform is not dead. The doom and gloom is being fed, at least in part, by GOP leadership, to help position them politically for the coming fight.”

If that’s the case, GOP leaders have successfully established “lack of trust in Obama” as the primary roadblock to reform. It’s possible this is all about messaging heading into the midterm elections, but it could also be an attempt to set up a dramatic “game changing” moment to clear the way for legislation in the House

Some opponents of comprehensive reform have suggested that Obama could announce he is appointing a Republican to lead a special task force to secure the border, or something along those lines, which would allow a sufficient number of Republicans to declare “problem solved” and pass legislation out of the House. Maybe that sounds a tad conspiratorial, but it is probably less preposterous than the media’s insistence that what Boehner said Thursday has any bearing on immigration reform’s prospects this year.

***

The populist wing of the party has talked itself into believing the zero-sum economics that immigrants steal jobs from U.S. citizens and reduce American living standards. Neither claim is true, but Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions and the Heritage Foundation might as well share research staffs with the AFL-CIO.

So great is the House GOP fear of a talk-radio backlash that it won’t even pass smaller bills that 75% of Republicans agree on. There will be nothing to codify the legal status of children of illegal immigrants who have lived here for decades. And no expanded green cards for foreign graduates of U.S. colleges, a policy Mitt Romney endorsed. And no cleaning up the work-visa morass that has obliged U.S. farmers to hire illegals to harvest their crops.

The result of doing nothing will be a de facto “amnesty” in which 11 million illegal immigrants will continue to work using fake documents. Mr. Obama will look for ways to grant more of them legal status using executive power, and the GOP will look even more unwelcoming to minorities.

Some Republicans who do want to vote for immigration reform say they don’t want to divide the party over such a contentious issue in an election year. Better to take this up in 2015, they say. But the opponents will raise the same furor whenever it comes up, and Democrats will be less likely to compromise figuring they can use the issue to drive minority voter turnout in 2016.

***

But what happens if the Republican party slackens in its commitment to protecting wages and employment? Several decades ago, the GOP began winning the white working class in the South, and more recently it has done so in the border states (Kentucky, Tennessee, and West Virginia). Yet its advance in the Midwest has stalled. Ohio remains less than a sure thing, even though its demographics have changed little. Pennsylvania and Minnesota are creeping closer to the Republican party, but have not yet flipped. Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin remain frustratingly elusive.

These are all states where Republicans regularly win statewide, yet lose presidential contests, in part because Democrats successfully tag GOP nominees as heartless plutocrats. The only way for the GOP to shatter this image is through an explicit and relentless commitment to pocket-book issues of concern to average Americans. A comprehensive immigration bill that lowers wages is a giant step in the wrong direction…

In 1960, Barry Goldwater blasted the policies of Dwight Eisenhower as a “dime store New Deal.” This was an exaggeration, but Goldwater was on to something. The Republican party did not enjoy enduring successes until Ronald Reagan’s victory in 1980, when the party articulated a compelling alternative to New Deal/Great Society liberalism. So it goes with immigration reform. Offering a “lite” version of the Democratic proposal is poor political strategy, for the party will always be outbid. By contrast, offering a robust critique and a sensible alternative is the proven way to turn the party’s fortunes around.

***

Sometimes politics really is this simple. After all the arguments about economics and assimilation, people understand if they are viewed as a threat to the predominant culture. They know if their voice is not welcome in the national chorus. And this does have implications for political philosophy. Kemp — the GOP congressman and vice presidential candidate who described himself as a “bleeding-heart conservative” — passionately believed that human beings, as a rule, are economic and social advantages, the ultimate sources of energy, creativity and wealth. This included anyone, of any background, who happened to be in front of him and smothered by his enthusiastic attentions. Kemp strongly rejected the notion — common in every generation — that the current cohort of immigrants are somehow inferior to immigrants past.

I’m sorry to wax nostalgic — but not really. I saw how a Republican politician could treat immigrants and minorities as if they were valued national possessions. And I saw Kemp’s frustration with the direction of his party. “We sound like we don’t want immigration,” he said. “We sound like we don’t want black people to vote for us. What are we going to do — meet in a country club in the suburbs one day?”…

But the most important change that is needed is the hardest to achieve: A genuine welcome to the party. And an honest prayer: Dios derramó su gracia sobre ti.

***

Via NRO.

***

Via Newsbusters.

***

Via RCP.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 14 15 16

So you’re saying Wendy Davis did what she thought was right for her kids?

frank on February 8, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I doubt if their well-being was the primary issue, but by default she did them a solid.

kim roy on February 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM

kim roy on February 8, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Hi Kim. Things haven’t changed much since I’ve been gone

Flora Duh on February 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Hawkdriver,
I tend to agree with your opinions in here and see you as a sensible person. But, to be fair to Bluegill, she did apologize. That her apology was somewhat defensive is not altogether surprising—she was receiving some very pointed criticism for her zealous attempt to prove that Frank was not the long-time member of Hot Air he claimed to be, an attempt that put Annoyinglittletwerp in a bad light instead.
Bluegill acknowledged this and expressed remorse for doing so. In the heated discussion that has followed, that has kind of fallen by the wayside.
The real instigator is Frank–without his repellent remarks, today’s exchange most likely would not have occurred. He is the one that got this ball rolling.
zoyclem on February 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Again I’m the victim. I was attacked. Bluegill cleared me.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Again I’m the victim. I was attacked. Bluegill cleared me.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

pfft

You saying it doesn’t make it so.

hawkdriver on February 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM

I stand by these words. Bluegill has been the only honorable one among you and all of you were shameless in attacking her; twisting her words, attempting to dehumanize her, etc. I’d say shame but it does no good amounts the shameless

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Frank frank frank. Frank, bluegill is not ‘honorable’. she (and her puppet cdseven) are irritants.

You claim to have been a lurker. Surely in all those years of lurking you remember AnninCA. Bluegill is worse, but both will hijack a thread with nonsense in a heartbeat.

This is as true a statement as I’ve ever read:

this topic would most likely have died away come morning light as the ramblings of an angry ill-informed man, had bluegill not decided to revisit it and then taken it upon herself to link to ALT’s comments.

Flora Duh on February 8, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM

I’m outta here.

Nice to meet you frank. See ya on the other links.

I think it’s a great thing we know who you are.

wolly4321 on February 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Hi Kim. Things haven’t changed much since I’ve been gone

Flora Duh on February 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Not particularly, but good to see you back. :)

kim roy on February 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Frank’s boring, I’ll see y’all later.
Cindy Munford on February 8, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I’m boring my own self.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Frank-I’M the victim.
Actually-I’m not the victim…because I don’t give a flying $%^& what your opinion of me is!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I don’t think we know why Wendy abandonded her kids but considering the other things she’s done…

Anyway you can’t paint everybody with the same brush. People do things for different reasons some good and some bad. You can’t say that Wendy and ALT and everybody else who let someone else care for the kids are all bad people.

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 2:50 PM

does wendy davis have a medical condition? Or is she a political whore? Your answer to the “double standard” lies there. So answer the question. Coward. wolly4321 on February 8, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Again. Just answer that.
wolly4321 on February 8, 2014 at 2:44 PM

How would I know whether she has a medical condition? But I see what tree you’re barking up.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:51 PM

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Frank-I’M the victim.
annoyinglittletwerp on February 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Why would you? This is a message board.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Again I’m the victim. I was attacked. Bluegill cleared me.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

You have no right to comment negatively in a public forum on how someone raises their children.

You are no better than a child abuser.

kcewa on February 8, 2014 at 2:54 PM

crankyoldlady on February 8, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Again I said no such thing in regard to anyone here. Fact.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Allah is going. to. kill. us.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM

You are no better than a child abuser.
kcewa on February 8, 2014 at 2:54 PM

WOW!!!

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Wow is obviously the approved exclamation for this thread.

hawkdriver on February 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM

He’ll probably blame me.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM
This is as true a statement as I’ve ever read:
Flora Duh on February 8, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Been registered here for years. Only commented about 5 times prior to this.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM

I have to go too. My last word is apologies are easy. If you’ve hurt someone’s feeling, just apologize. Be the big person and just admit when you were wrong and said something that shouldn’t have been said. You lose little pieces of yourself every time you don’t.

Think about it.

hawkdriver on February 8, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Again I’m the victim. I was attacked. Bluegill cleared me.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Bluegill didn’t “clear” you. She exposed you as a self-righteous prig who sought, maliciously, to hurt ALT by intentionally mischaracterizing what she wrote.

And you’re a “victim” only in your own mind. You have not been wronged. You were “attacked” because you’re acting like a flaming azzhole and doing everything you can to dig your own hole deeper.

Solaratov on February 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM

For going2mars

Alabama3 Terra Firma Blues

the world don’t seem to fit me
I’m always starin’at the stars
a better life for me in some other galaxy
I wanna get off this world of ours

kcewa on February 7, 2014 at 10:57 PM

thanks for this one…I was drawing/working most of the night
so I missed it then……
and as I see…I wanna get off this world of ours”
still holds true in the AM as it did in the PM….

going2mars on February 8, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Been registered here for years. Only commented about 5 times prior to this.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Yes, frank, we’ve proven that. You were here beginning in ’08. This entire thing began because one specific commenter complained about the thread not being on topic.

Two questions:

1 – WHO was the commenter and

2 – WHAT was the topic of this QOTD?

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM

I went back, found and looked at that old thread and noticed a number of names from that day: CyberCipher, SouthernGent, and right2bright (sorry if I missed anyone).

The highly amusing thing is that Axe, one of the all-time chit-chatters, was there welcoming the newbie class so he got in on the super-dooper-Bishop-First Registration or else the second one . . .

Well, that was vaguely depressing to read. :)

I personally welcomed nonpartisan, by the way.

I could be wrong, but as I remember it, one reason QOTD start veering off topic is that many times it became sort of beating a dead horse thread of quotes that were already in posts and had been commented on at length . . .

INC on February 8, 2014 at 3:02 AM

It was the middle of the night, and HA was shut mostly down. “QOTD,” the famous aberrant comment section, was originally just a segment from the middle of the night to the morning when no one was commenting anywhere on the site and a few graveyard-shifters found each other and had no real reason to remain on topic. The thread was literally yesterday’s news, and the comments were mostly over. I literally copied, from time to time, highlights from the earlier posts (on topic) and re-posted them in the witching hours after the chit-chat, for convenience of the morning crew as the morning crew became a thing of its own. They would come in and usually start in, on-topic, and with conversations about the morning shows.

When the posts got so redundant, people started jumping ship immediately, pulling the off-topic conversation down into page one.

I’ve never seen the problem. Treating it as an open forum, I mean, as it became such. People discuss what they want; different crowds form up and scatter. As a community, we self-police the other threads pretty well and confine the chat to QOTD, and the chat yields naturally to an on-topic discussion when the discussion is interesting. And as an open forum, it’s had more utility than just chat. FloatingRock has posted minor dissertations on side topics; so have I. So has Resist. And davidk, Anti-Control — you and I both w/respect to Common Core. Many people have done this. And many people stop by and post shorter side-gripes and side-notes.

Axe on February 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Axe on February 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM

And I always say that if one doesn’t like it here, go to another blog.

Many times I don’t feel like idle chit-chat and you know what I do? I go somewhere else. I don’t complain about it.

This is from that yellow box right before comments begin:

Note from Hot Air management: This section is for comments from Hot Air’s community of registered readers. Please don’t assume that Hot Air management agrees with or otherwise endorses any particular comment just because we let it stand.

WE are HotAir’s community. And these are our comments. And you are correct, Axe. QOTD’s are often yesterday’s news. I think Allah understands us and thus doesn’t always put too much effort into the chit-chat thread topic. Which is probably why the fatman has been worn out.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM

What’d you do with Lanceman, you pod-person!?!?!?!?

ladyingray on February 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM

AP & Company are probably just thrilled to see a thread this long.

Cindy Munford on February 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM

What’d you do with Lanceman, you pod-person!?!?!?!?

ladyingray on February 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Shaddappa, you!

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Cindy Munford on February 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I just hope that he doesn’t think that I was the instigator. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 8, 2014 at 3:37 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 8, 2014 at 3:37 PM

He’s not blind.

Cindy Munford on February 8, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Axe on February 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Best summation of the state of QOTD that I have ever seen here. Kudos!

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on February 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Holy Moooooo…..this is still going? Ha-Ha!

bazil9 on February 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I just hope that he doesn’t think that I was the instigator. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 8, 2014 at 3:37 PM

It’s been explained to management who the “instigators” were. Don’t worry.

kcewa on February 8, 2014 at 3:55 PM

OK, i know, i know, newbee, but do have ” some ” sense, not alot but some. Was reading some of these comments and to Frank..wow, my children are the world to me BUT if ever came a time, when for their well being, security, health, etc. Or if i was unable to care for them, i would hope i had the same logic as ALT..
Frank, man up and apologize.

el caldo on February 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM

kenny?!?!

Bmore on February 8, 2014 at 4:35 PM

To be Frank, Frank is Frankenstein in a Frank mood Frankly.

OregonPolitician on February 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Vera Katz? That you?

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM

el caldo on February 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM

好久不见amigo!

DarkCurrent on February 8, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Pickle you’ve made more sense here than these tool bags have in the several years; they, Ed. Allah, MKH, et al have been desecrating MM’s once grand vision.

frank on February 8, 2014 at 1:32 AM

frank, Pickle’s a d!ck, and you sided with him against the majority of the Qotd posters who understand that this thread is open. You’re a whiny, dictatorial drama queen who came off as an incoherent drunk last night.

Easily could be one of Qotd’s theme:

Ted Nugent – “Free For All”

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM

I guess I see a difference between adoption at birth and handing over your children after you have been raising them, which is going to leave them wondering for the rest of their lives what was “wrong” with them that their mother didn’t want them anymore.

bluegill on February 8, 2014 at 8:15 AM

I missed all this “discussion”, but I would hope that it was reported to AP as it was totally uncalled for, and polluted the thread. To use the term, “off topic” is putting t mildly…You ATTACKED ALT and besmirched her cruelly. You NEVER apologized. You are now dead to me, as well as Frank. Hope you didn’t use up your supply of dead chickens…

lovingmyUSA on February 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM

It doesn’t really work that way. Meaning, Ed can’t really do that. Not with ips.

If someone logs in through two machines, each will necessarily have its own ip address. And if either of them is a mobile device, its possible to have ip addresses from completely different subnets. They wouldn’t even geo-locate to the same parts of the country, necessarily.

You can play with this and see what the system is recording. It just hits Bing.

Ed compared the two ip addresses, saw that they weren’t the same, and concluded the two posters weren’t the same. But that doesn’t follow at all.

(A side problem with trying to make determinations that way is that couples and families and so on will be misidentified as one person when they aren’t. Good luck with open registration when you are sharing the computer.)

The time stamp is really nothing; just post within a minute across accounts. That would happen accidentally from time to time. And some of the more unstable hydras around here in particular do that deliberately, along with arguing with themselves a little when people start to suspect. KJ mentioned Sybil. :)

So it’s still entirely possible, all things equal, that bluegill is csdevin.

She says she is not.

Axe on February 8, 2014 at 1:48 PM

People can get different IP addys through the use of proxies, which is the easiest way for someone who’s using a sole computer (ISPs generally dole out IP addys to modems only, so unless someone’s paying for extra IP addys, an unlikely scenario, using different computers on the same network will externally show the same IP address.)

When bluegill says it’s the only name she’s used, I believe her. The alternative takes too much work imo.

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Had to be kenny. He’s always drunk too.

Bmore on February 8, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM

I don’t ‘suspect’ without some evidence. A while back, I noticed key phrases and words between the two. Hagfish is very careful, however, to avoid the use of the word ‘abdicate’.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

To be clear, I am not insisting that you’re wrong – I just don’t believe they’re the same person, from what I’ve seen of both of them.

Running 2 names concurrently would take extra effort, and I find it hard to believe that bluegill would care enough to do that lol. :)

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM

A-C, for the one who loves “cute”.

Schadenfreude on February 8, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Bluegill in my opinion, is one of the most vile, hateful, twisted members of HotAir. She is worse than a liberal, because she hides among us, and is a Cancer that destroys from within.

Bluegill has a long history of spreading her hate and vile toward anyone who didn’t bow down to Mitt Romney during the 2008 & 2012 runs.

Believe me, ignoring her comments causes her more pain & anguish than calling for her banning. She gets all lathered up when people ignore her. Her fragile ego only gathers strength from trying to argue with her.

portlandon on February 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM

csdeven’s favorite expressions are:

fakery and

Bwa ha ha ha ha, in a variety of lengths.

Schadenfreude on February 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 6:17 PM

I did it last night. One on Firefox and one on exploder. I could do it with the same timestamp and concurrent.

Bwa ha ha ha ha, in a variety of lengths.

Schadenfreude on February 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I remember. I would end attacks on her with BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!ABDICATE! !!!!eleventy!!!!

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Consecutive, rather. not concurrent. Sorry. I got DorkCurrent on my mind.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Might I suggest a complete ignoral of both frank and bluegill if they show up on qotd tonight, would be the kindest thing to do for all our sakes eh chums?!!

Scrumpy on February 8, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Scrumpy on February 8, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I always do ignore the hagfish, Scrumpdilyicious. I never speak to it.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM

A-C, for the one who loves “cute”.

Schadenfreude on February 8, 2014 at 6:23 PM

haha thanks for that, I am going to forward it to her! :)

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Check out the IP address from both browsers here. Unless you used a proxy, they’ll show up as the same.

Ed said they were posting from different IPs…if bluegill/cdseven are the same person, she’s going out of her way more than is believable to me.

Their styles/attitudes are not identical, either. I don’t believe for a moment that those 2 are the same person.

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I can’t say for certain. Let’s just put it this way: I hate both of them. Equally. But I also notice, hagfish goes away, cdseven becomes more prominent. And vice-versa.

And as far as IPs go, there are those among us who have more than one computer in the house, some with more than one on the same desk.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM

That thread where Ed mentioned their differing IPs had both of them posting within the same time frame…the amount of work for one person to give off that impression of separate identities shows a level of obsession I don’t want to think about very much – I have too much else going on in my life lol.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM

To achieve more than one external IP address showing up from computers within the same network takes work (not necessarily a lot, but work nonetheless.) What would be the point? Who besides them would/should care?

If someone’s going to be that crazy, my attitude is, I’ll let them fool me – it’s not like they’d be accomplishing anything that affects me! :)

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Well, like I said, I hate them both equally. They clutter up threads, cause needless consternation and absolutely never add anything to the discourse. Quite the contrary, as the discussion is derailed to the point that I (and others) just stop reading.

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM

You’re right. I have to stop considering ports part of ip addresses. It’s a bad habit.

But you’re wrong about the trouble. She can log in on a laptop and log in on a mobile device. That’s it. If the phone isn’t using her LAN, she’s finished without any trouble at all.

Axe on February 8, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Lanceman on February 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM

We all have our own limits!

When I see a leftard post, I skip on by & generally read none of it, because they never learn, and are uninteresting to me; I won’t leave a thread because of them.

bluegill is not always bad, and isn’t hopelessly stupid…when I see that’s she being obtuse, I almost always am amused at least! :)

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Wasn’t it perfectly clear in my posts that I was talking about external IP addresses, which are provided by ISPs?

Unless someone’s paying an ISP for extra IP addys, internal addresses within a LAN are another matter entirely.

Axe on February 8, 2014 at 9:21 PM

To me, posting from 2 devices like that would still be work (and to a geek like me, it would require more effort than to use a lone computer with a proxy!)

Anti-Control on February 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM

well now it was NOT Dems who gave him joint chief of staff

well now it was not DEMS who gave him secretary of state

both were done by those dang GOP

and Colin calls them racists.

sniffles1999 on February 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Colin Powell- thanks for lying about WMD’s in Irag. It cost us four trillion dollars for a war unpaid for.

Nape-wa-ste on February 9, 2014 at 1:08 AM

No! Tell me BlueGill isn’t somehow involved in controversy! I’ve been a long time reader and don’t want this kinda thing happenin’. She works for tips, for chrissakes. Giver a break, jeez.
Plus, panfish are mighty good eatin’.

Nape-wa-ste on February 9, 2014 at 1:17 AM

And don’t hurt annoyinglittletwerp. I like her rants. She really seems to care.

Nape-wa-ste on February 9, 2014 at 1:35 AM