Biden: Hey, I don’t know of a reason not to run for President

posted at 8:01 am on February 7, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Well, I can think of a few, but let’s allow Joe Biden to make his case first. CNN’s Kate Bolduan interviewed the Vice President yesterday and asked whether Biden planned to toss his hat in the ring. So far, Biden says he has been racking his brain but can’t come up with a reason not to run:

Vice President Joe Biden said Friday he couldn’t think of a good reason he should not run for president and will likely make a decision in the summer of 2015.

“I can’t,” Biden told CNN’s Kate Bolduan. “There may be reasons I don’t run. But there is no obvious reason, for me, why I think I should not run.”

To a question about his timeline for a decision, he said: “Probably, realistically a year this summer.”

Biden said the decision would be based on whether he is the best person qualified to focus on two issues he cares about: helping the middle class and creating a foreign policy where “we not only are known for the power of our military but the power of our example.”

He described himself as sometimes too optimistic, but said the country has so much just within its reach.

“There is so much that is just within our grasp,” he said. “It doesn’t mean I am the only guy who can do it. But if no one else, I think, can and I think I can, then I’d run. If I don’t, I won’t.”

Well, here are a few reasons. One, he’s been part of an establishment that’s going to be highly unpopular at the end of this term, and which barely stayed in power in 2012. ObamaCare may do the near-impossible and hand off the White House to Republicans in 2016, and if Democrats are foolish enough to argue for a continuation of the administration with a 74-year-old ancient Washington pol at the top of the pyramid, they’ll all but guarantee it. Biden doesn’t have a natural base of support within his party, and certainly doesn’t broaden it.

On top of that, Biden’s gaffes have a much more ridiculous flavor to them than Barack Obama’s do, and if he’s out front on a campaign, we’ll see plenty of them. Even without outright gaffes, his “humble bragging” about himself is so old-fashioned as to almost sound like self-parody. He tells Bolduan, “I know people say I’m too optimistic” as if it’s a character flaw rather than his selling card, to just use an example from this interview. Why not lament that people think you’re too handsome, too?

However, don’t sell Biden entirely short, either. He knows how to campaign, and knows how to connect to the old-time Democratic constituencies of working-class Americans and unions. His convention speech in 2012 was the most effective of the event, for instance, and an example of how Biden can still connect. If Hillary Clinton doesn’t run — the chances of which approach zero — Biden may be the last Democrat with national standing who can connect to the pre-New Left Democrats.

Biden won’t win the nomination even if he does run, so this is more academic and amusing than anything else.  I’d guess that he’s going to give it a shot, and I’m sure he thinks he’s building enthusiasm rather than puzzlement by dropping these “hints” along the way.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Those 2 brain surgeries took their toll.

wolly4321 on February 7, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Please don’t make me run and take my Stingray away.

Rovin on February 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM

Well, it is Joe Biden’s brain after all. You’re not going to come up with any reasoning there, ever.

rbj on February 7, 2014 at 8:07 AM

People with double-digit IQ’s often have trouble coming up with reasons for not doing stupid and pointless things.

AZCoyote on February 7, 2014 at 8:08 AM

The Biden/Pelosi ticket!

Plugs/Ugs 2016!

Joe Mama on February 7, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Come on, Ed. Biden is in the same catbird seat Rick Santorum is in, and before them Mitt Romney, John McCain, Al Gore, Bob Dole and Walter Mondale – namely, he is NextInLine™.

Yes, that principle extends to the Rats, but only to the sitting or ex-Vice President. It is Rodham who has no chance should anybody else run – the Rats don’t go for retreads who were never VP.

Steve Eggleston on February 7, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Fool.

vityas on February 7, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Mirror, Joe, mirror!

tim c on February 7, 2014 at 8:11 AM

So why is Hillary primarying him?

CurtZHP on February 7, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Ugharoo

cmsinaz on February 7, 2014 at 8:13 AM

The Biden/Pelosi ticket!

Plugs/Ugs 2016!

Joe Mama on February 7, 2014 at 8:08 AM

…I can’t comment ^ I’m laughing!
…after what we’ve had…they could be insane enough to try!

KOOLAID2 on February 7, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Joe Biden is a blithering old fool. In the Senate he was a walking, talking advertisement for term limits, now he is just a national embarrassment as VP. Like it matters, Hillary could show up drunk at every Democratic primary debate and still win by 25 points

Dr.B on February 7, 2014 at 8:15 AM

This is your brain on Amtrak

Murphy9 on February 7, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Please run, Pepe Bidet. We’ll need the laughs, what with the crappy economy and diminished country we’ll have in 2 years. We’ll need someone to tell us how good barry’s 8 years have been./SNARK

conservative hispanic on February 7, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Via Mediaite: “On every major issue, the public agrees between 51 and 70 percent with the position taken by the president of the United States and the Democratic Party,” Biden said.

Paging Joe Wilson…………

Rovin on February 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Joe Mama:

You’re killing me here, man!

conservative hispanic on February 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM

The Biden/Pelosi ticket!

Plugs/Ugs 2016!

Joe Mama on February 7, 2014 at 8:08 AM

GOP will counter with Christie/Rubio, and garner 10 votes. None of them Latino.

rbj on February 7, 2014 at 8:20 AM

As pols go, I actually kinda like ole Joe. His best attribute is he is genuine. He doesn’t appear to be a fake — you know he’ll always speak what’s on his mind. Obummer & Shillary? Both 100% focus-group-tested, say-anything-to-get-elected facades. By comparison, Biden is downright refreshing in this Washington sound-bite environment. Qualified & the right choice to be preezy? No way, but refreshing, yes.

KS Rex on February 7, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I guess someone must like him……still waiting.

crankyoldlady on February 7, 2014 at 8:22 AM

You have to admit that Jumpin’ Joe would be the first really clean and articulate white guy to run for Preznit.

Bishop on February 7, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Biden: Hey, I don’t know of a reason not to run for President

To a certain extent a VP running for the top job is essentially vowing to keep the legacy of the previous POTUS moving forward. Does Joe Biden really want to be defending the Obama administration during the Dem primaries. And I’d love to see Joe Biden defend the way he so botched negotiations that he failed to get a SOFA treaty with Iraq (it was intentional but create the lie/ live with the lie).

Hillary and Joe debating which one is least mediocre would be some prime-time entertainment. Especially if Joe “goes there” and brings up Killary’s body count as SecState.

Happy Nomad on February 7, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Please run, Dr. Pepper Stand Up Chuck.

22044 on February 7, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Party of old white men

Lost in Jersey on February 7, 2014 at 8:24 AM

He looks like a corpse.

PrettyMooch on February 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Well, here are a few reasons.

Those aren’t reasons not to run. Those are reasons not to support.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Everyone should run if they really want to. Getting the nomination is another story, but if he did get it, that certainly means a sizable segment of the public thinks he’s the best representative of the party.

Heck, the way things appear to be heading, I’d urge not only Biden to run but a half dozen other to do so to, too. The more the merrier because a good donnybrook is better than a forgone conclusion any day of the week.

The same goes for the Republican side.

Dusty on February 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Run Plugs, Run!

WarEagle01 on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Boom – +113K jobs added, U-6 unchanged at 6.6%.

Pelosi, Obama and Reid not happy so many jobs were added.

Steve Eggleston on February 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Boom – +113K jobs added, U-6 unchanged at 6.6%.

Pelosi, Obama and Reid not happy so many jobs were added.

Steve Eggleston on February 7, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I hope you’re being facetious. 113,000 jobs is not good. It’s better than last month, but that ain’t saying much.

Doughboy on February 7, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Well, given his propensity to “borrow” from others, I imagine Joe Biden would be out on the campaign trail saying that he wouldn’t hold his opponent’s youth and inexperience against them. Of course if it’s Killary that would be a 74-year-old trash talking a 69-year-old. Might come off a little more like Waldorf and Statler (the cranky old Muppet hecklers) than statesmanship.

Happy Nomad on February 7, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Oops, not unchanged, but a 0.1 point drop in the U-3 rate thanks to an actual increase in the number of employed (participation rate up 0.2 points to 63.0%, employment-population ratio also up 0.2 points to 58.8%).

The markets are reacting expectedly and tanking.

Steve Eggleston on February 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM

He looks really old in that video. You better get on your imaging team there Mr. Delaware.

Are we seriously STUPID enough to elect this man Pres……..oh, wait, {{{{sigh}}}} nevermind.

PappyD61 on February 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Doughboy on February 7, 2014 at 8:33 AM

You must have missed them cheering the fact that PlaceboCare will be eliminating 2.5 million full-time-equivalent positions (likely over 3 million jobs overall) over the next decade.

Steve Eggleston on February 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

A can’t miss combo:

Joe Biden/Sheila Jackson Lee!!!

NiteOwl on February 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Did he have a plunger stuck to his head when he said this? That’s when you know he’s serious.

Flange on February 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Can we just ask Nancy Reagan if we could exhume Ronnie and prop him up in the Oval office desk and let him make decisons?

There would be no executive orders, no budget proposed, no new legislation signed and the Congress would never get anything it wanted.

ZOMBIE REAGAN 2016!

PappyD61 on February 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Steve Eggleston on February 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

My head is still spinning over that one. I can’t think of a bigger indictment of the failure of the Obama Presidency than the Democrat/media complex being reduced to actually touting the prospect of 2 1/2 million fewer full-time workers in the labor force.

Doughboy on February 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM

senility obviously setting in. But, you go ahead and run, Joe. I could use some entertainment.

Conservative2theCore on February 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Joe The Dumber

Offhanded on February 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM

It’s come to this, the court jester for potus. I think I will go get a root canal to cheer up.

captnjoe on February 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Just a taste….

“Folks, I can tell you I’ve known eight presidents, three of them intimately.” –Joe Biden, Aug. 22, 2012

“Look at what they [Republicans] value, and look at their budget. And look what they’re proposing. [Romney] said in the first 100 days, he’s going to let the big banks write their own rules — unchain Wall Street. They’re going to put y’all back in chains.” –Joe Biden, speaking to a largely African-American audience in Danville, Va., Aug. 14, 2012

“My mother believed and my father believed that if I wanted to be president of the United States, I could be, I could be Vice President!” –Joe Biden, campaigning in Youngstown, Ohio, May 16, 2012

“I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you.” –Joe Biden, citing Theodore Roosevelt’s famous quote, “Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.” (April 26, 2012)

“This is a big fucking deal!” –Joe Biden, caught on an open mic congratulating President Barack Obama during the health care signing ceremony, Washington, D.C., March 23, 2010

“His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she’s- wait- your mom’s still- your mom’s still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul.” –Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010

“I wouldn’t go anywhere in confined places now. … When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That’s me. I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway.” –Joe Biden, providing handy tips to protect against the swine flu and freaking us out, “Today Show” interview, April 30, 2009

“An hour late, oh give me a f**king break.” –Joe Biden, caught on a live mic speaking to a former Senate colleague after arriving on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C., March 13, 2009

“You know, I’m embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number? I should have it in front of me and I don’t. I’m actually embarrassed.” –Joe Biden, speaking to an aide standing out of view during an interview on CBS’ “Early Show,” in the midst of encouraging viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending, Feb. 25, 2009

“If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there’s still a 30% chance we’re going to get it wrong.” –Joe Biden, speaking to members of the House Democratic caucus who were gathered in Williamsburg, Va., for their annual retreat, Feb. 6, 2009

“Am I doing this again? For the senior staff? My memory is not as good as Chief Justice Roberts’.” –Joe Biden, mocking Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts’ botched effort to swear in Barack Obama as Biden was set to swear in White House senior staff one day after the Inauguration snafu, Washington, D.C., Jan. 21, 2009

“Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart.” –Joe Biden, mistakenly referring to Justice John Paul Stevens, who swore him in as vice president, Washington, D.C., Jan. 20, 2009 (Watch video clip)

“Look, John’s last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs.” –Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008 (Source)

“When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, ‘Look, here’s what happened.” –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn’t president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008 (Watch video clip)

“Stand up, Chuck, let ‘em see ya.” –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008 (Watch video clip)

“Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me.” –Joe Biden, speaking at a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sept. 10, 2008 (Source)

“A man I’m proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States — Barack America!” –Joe Biden, at his first campaign rally with Barack Obama after being announced as his running mate, Springfield, Ill., Aug. 23, 2008 (Watch video clip)

“A successful dump!” –Joe Biden, explaining his whereabouts (dropping deadwood at the dump) to the reporters outside his home, Wilmington, Del., Aug. 20, 2008

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” –Joe Biden, referring to Barack Obama at the beginning of the 2008 Democratic primary campaign, Jan. 31, 2007 (Source)

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent…. I’m not joking.” –Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006

This guy is just what America deserves……sadly.

PappyD61 on February 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Way. Too. Old.

Hillary taking office at 69 would be old. 74 is ridiculous. Presidents need to have energy.

Biden is just keeping the possibility open because it keeps him relevant for a bit longer.

fadetogray on February 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM

ZOMBIE REAGAN 2016!

PappyD61 on February 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Yeah, but can he win the dead vote from the Dems??????

NiteOwl on February 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Corpses of a feather stagger together?

captnjoe on February 7, 2014 at 8:47 AM

If lil’ Joey Biden puts down his ice cream cone and announces a run for president, it’ll be a big f*!kin’ deal, man.

Almost like when FDR went on TV in 1929 to calm the nation after the stock market crash.

@Rovin:

““On every major issue, the public agrees between 51 and 70 percent with the position taken by the president of the United States and the Democratic Party,” Biden said.”

2 Brains aneurysms. A bizarre hair plugged, blue toothed pathological liar. The above quote. And it all could be the face of the Democrat Party in 2016. They must be so proud.

GrassMudHorsey on February 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

He will stay in long enough to give up & announce his support for Hillary so he get asked to be on the Talk Shows during the campaign…

albill on February 7, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Well, a POTUS whose main advisor is the coatrack in his office might actually attain greater lucidity than one who relies on Valerie Jarrett. So there’s that.

On the other hand, foreign leaders are unlikely to take Slow Joe seriously. They know him too well.

I could imagine someone dropping him a hint as to where Ultra Super Special Above Top Secret discussions on how to run the world were being held.

Next thing we all knew, while the Self-Defined Leaders were wheeling and dealing in Davos, Joe would be wandering around in a daze in the airport concourse in Asuncion’, Paraguay.

Of curse, that might actually be preferable to him being on stage at Davos. Having an animated conversation in Bringloidi with the podium- or maybe the invisible gerbil he just spotted under it.

Everybody has a right to try to “be all they can be”, as the Army used to say.

But as Hubert Humphrey used to say, like the right to speak, that doesn’t include a “right” to be taken seriously by everybody else.

clear ether

eon

eon on February 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Biden watched Clinton, and learned. There are a lot of hot chicks who love the Presidency. And, just think of all the cool cars and stuff! The best part is that you don’t have to be very adept or smart. Proven fact.

MTF on February 7, 2014 at 8:54 AM

On second thought I think we should do what the left does all the time. Provide unsolicited advice since, after all, we don’t want to see the Dems fail as a party.

Joe Biden is an excellent Presidential candidate. His years of experience in the Senate with foreign relations make him into a statesman. He is not as polarizing as Hillary so bipartisan agreement might be possible- breaking the gridlock of Washington. His wife is a smart accomplished woman. All-in-all Joe Biden is the whole package. We really should start up a Republicans for Biden PAC to help the best Dem running get a leg up during the primaries.

Happy Nomad on February 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Biden/Clinton 2016

Dems would think they’re recreating what they saw as the unstoppable powerhouse of Bush/Cheney. According to them, they’re STILL dealing with the repurcussions of that sith duo.

Somewhat unrelated: I read somewhere that Emperor Palpatine was originally played by a little old lady with some makeup and some special effects.

Pixels on February 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Bear with me as I float a concept.

Right now the press, the Democrats, and Republicans are busy tearing all possible 2016 Republican primary candidates to ribbons.

The Democrats have a long history of voting in R primaries and running third party candidates to siphon away some votes.

Given the current lack of an outstanding R candidate, how about if the R’s turn their attention to the D’s-pushing unsuitable people into the spotlight and showing what poor examples they are-at least attempting to tarnish the D brand in the public eye, as the media does for the R’s 24/7/365. Depending on the candidates, this could even be taken to the point of participating in D primaries to have a terrible candidate selected as the official D candidate. This problably wouldn’t work at the presidential level, given that Hillary had the votes in 2008 but Dean decided to make Obama the official D cnadidate anyway.

Would you rather have Christie/Jeb/Rubio/Cruz/? run against Hillary or Joe?

If Joe, how can we make that happen?

talkingpoints on February 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM

How about… ABJECT STUPIDITY?…

Pest on February 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Please run Joe! It would be the most entertaining race in years. Run Joe, run.

Doomsday on February 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I’d love to see what the Hillary crowd would do to him. It would be hilarious.

evie1949 on February 7, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I’d like to see him run just to see the media transmogrification from Joe Gaffemeister to Joe Cool. It would be miraculous and sickening at the same time.

Royal Fizzbin on February 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Steve Eggleston on February 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Doughboy on February 7, 2014 at 8:38 AM

It’s already started. I lost my job – in the healthcare field = 3 weeks ago thanks to that stupid “tax”…

ladyingray on February 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM

My ears are burning. Left for love; right for spite!

bidenmytime on February 7, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Who ever said that, Ed?

blammm on February 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM

A Joe Biden presidency would have instant Comedy- value. Run, Joe, run !

Swedish Patriot on February 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM

takingponts:

Operation CHAOS, PART II!

Look at the demonrat frontrunners for 2016: a 70 year old hag, and a 74 year old plagiarist. The GOP MUST counter with younger, energetic CONSERVATIVE leaders like Cruz, Hailey, Walker, Jindal, Martinez, etc. NO MORE RINOs!!! No Two-Ton-Christie/Jeb/Rubio/Ryan!!!

conservative hispanic on February 7, 2014 at 9:22 AM

One, he’s been part of an establishment that’s going to be highly unpopular at the end of this term, and which barely stayed in power in 2012~ Ed

The stain of this Administration will not stick to Joe. He’s been MIA to the low-info voting public since 2009.

On the other hand, foreign leaders are unlikely to take Slow Joe seriously. They know him too well~ eon

They are salivating for Joe. John Kerry is just the warm up act.

This guy is just what America deserves……sadly.

PappyD61 on February 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM

^This.^

bettycooper on February 7, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Uncle Joe is a couple fries short of a Happy Meal.

Which means he matches the mental capacity of most liberals.

Hence, he’s the perfect candidate.

climbnjump on February 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Don’t underestimate the power of the Dem machine to elect someone who is breathing:
Obama in 08 (with no real record and many missing docs);
Obama in ’12 (with O-care and Benghazi hanging over his head).

KenInIL on February 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM

“There’s not a reason for not thinking that I am not running when I’m not the VP….or whatever.” Joe Biden The Not Candidate

cthemfly on February 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Biden says he has been racking his brain

That’s a lie! He doesn’t have one!

GarandFan on February 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I can Joe. You have foot-in-mouth disease, an incurable malady that makes its sufferer say stupid things at the most inopportune times.

sadatoni on February 7, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Biden: Hey, I don’t know of a reason not to run for President

Um, how about you lack a functioning brain?

UltimateBob on February 7, 2014 at 10:00 AM

What is interesting about this is that there is no fresh blood in the D-party. They’ve got only Hills and Joe. On the GOP side there are many capable of running. When Hills and Joe are 6 feet under what do the Demwits have?

COgirl on February 7, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Who ever said that, Ed?

blammm on February 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Take it from someone who lives in Delaware, people here LOVE their Joe. There are still plenty of those little oval “JOE” bumper stickers on cars. Not to mention lots of “0bama/Biden” stickers.

The old timers here, most of them lifelong Democrats, get very defensive if you say anything bad against Biden.

UltimateBob on February 7, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Biden’s main problem is going to be the Hillary culists both in the Democratic Party in general and in the big media in particular. They know all about his quarter-century-plus of gaffes and have been among those brushing them off as “Joe being Joe”.

But they’ve kept a list, and they’ll check it twice if he announces for president against her, and suddenly all those loveable, endearing moments will become offensive statements and signs of Biden’s unfitness for office (they might be kind and throw him a bone by saying his aneurism may have caused brain damage that led to those embarrassing remarks and antics, in order to give him a way to bow out of the race for medical reasons).

jon1979 on February 7, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Truly, there are million of U.S. who can find great not good reasons for V.P. Biden (among them Vice, corruption, collusion, etc.) not to even think about running.

MSGTAS on February 7, 2014 at 10:07 AM

He wouldn’t know, would he.

Hey, I missed the open sign up for Hot Gas. Rats.

TerryW on February 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM

If he does, I have to go to Costco or Sam’s Club to find the biggest bag of popcorn that ever existed

ConservativePartyNow on February 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Mr.”Stand Up Chuck” has proven he doesn’t have a good grasp of the obvious!

Barakingham Palace on February 7, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Reason #1 not to run, Joe: Have looked in the mirror and checked the condition of the shoe marks on your tongue?

vnvet on February 7, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Run, Joe, Run!

We’d love to hear a debate where Slow Joe tells Hillary what she should have done in Benghazi. It might make a difference.

Steve Z on February 7, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I can think of one, Joey. You are a complete idiot.

mcgilvra on February 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Dementia isn’t pretty, Joe.

Laura Castellano on February 7, 2014 at 10:56 AM

AZCoyote on February 7, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Double-digit IQ? You overestimate him….

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Hey, I don’t know of a reason not to run for President

Exactly the response one would expect from a man with an IQ of 86.

Wallythedog on February 7, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Run Joe. Do it. Just be sure to stay away from Ft. Marcy Park and airplanes when going up against a Clinton.

Also, considering that you are the Veep for the Unprecedented One, primarying you in 2016 is straight up second-hand racism.

Left Coast Right Mind on February 7, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Joe, please, please run. You are comedy gold!

rjoco1 on February 7, 2014 at 11:16 AM

Me either, Joe. You’re no worse than any other Democrat in the race.

Socratease on February 7, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I’d rather have a machine gun toting former pro wrestler and porn star than any of these idiot Dems…..

dentarthurdent on February 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Oh, please, PLEASE run, Joe!! Your party needs you!! Your country NEEDS you!!

I’m POSITIVE the Millenials and Obama-phonies will roll out of bed just to go cast a ballot for you!

Maddie on February 7, 2014 at 11:43 AM

KS Rex on February 7, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Sure, how about his infamous, “They’re gonna put you in chains!”

Don L on February 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I for one welcome the prospects of a ‘Special Joe’ presidency!

fretlesst on February 7, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Joe doesn’t know … much.

njcommuter on February 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM

He is supposedly a foreign policy expert and yet I cannot remember a time when he wsupported the correct policy. He was also directly responsible for securing a Status of Forces (SOFA) agreement in Iraq and failed miserably.
And wasn’t it Sheriff Joe Biden who was going to usher in the “summer of recovery”? He is a cog in a failed administration.

MD Yankee on February 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Here’s my reason why NOT… I knew Biden “up close and personal” from my being a Senate Judiciary staffer wayyyyy back when (Carter Administration). Those gaffes? They’re because he’s basically a moron. Oh yeah, he’s a gutter-smart politico, even morons can learn, hell, worms can learn. But basically, he a dumbass.

tkmcp on February 7, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Biden should run.
Clinton might die or implode.
Maybe Biden could win.
And maybe the horse will learn to sing hymms.

FresnoDave on February 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM

“I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I know I can.”

― Little Engine That Could

PROBLEM IS JOE’S BEEN OFF THE RAILS FOR SOME TIME.

31giddyup on February 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM

How and why this man became our VP is both a mystery and a national embarrassment.

KMC1 on February 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

No, people say you are too stupid, not too optimistic. Start paying closer attention.

Hucklebuck on February 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM

An old white guy getting the Dem nom ever again?

Now, that’s funny.

He’s going to have to be gay or something.

Moesart on February 7, 2014 at 1:29 PM

ZOMBIE REAGAN 2016!

PappyD61 on February 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Yeah, but can he win the dead vote from the Dems??????

NiteOwl on February 7, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Hey! If lil barry obama can get 94% of the black vote because he’s half-black, then Zombie Reagan could get 94% of the dead vote because he’s…well…you know……

Solaratov on February 7, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Let’s play “So which word/phrase got my post deleted”:

Fried Chicken
Watermelon
Cornbread
Black History Month

kcewa on February 7, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Biden says he has been racking his brain

That’s a lie! He doesn’t have one!

GarandFan on February 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I’m pretty sure he meant to say “lacking!”

pain train on February 7, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Biden is a convenient fellow.

I know that anyone who considers him to be smarter than Palin is an idiot.

GEAH on February 7, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Joe Biden is dumber than an effin’ ape.

Between him and Hillary, my brain would explode.

thejackal on February 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM