Video: Obamacare, dismantled

posted at 12:51 pm on February 5, 2014 by Guy Benson

The president’s blithe assertion on Super Bowl Sunday that Healthcare.gov is at last “working the way it’s supposed to” (really? really?) sparked a thought. That thought led to hours of compiling and editing video clips that, when strung together, help demonstrate how profoundly out-of-touch Obamacare’s architects and defenders are with the ordinary citizens who are suffering under (and paying for) this failed $2 trillion experiment. Turn your head to the side and cough, America:

Reminder: We called it. All of it.

Comments

But these Obamacare posts are about whistling past the graveyard, by next Novemeber Democrats will be openly running on the ACA. Mark my words.
libfreeordie on December 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Goebbels has multiple orgasms in his grave. It’s overflowing.

Trolls to be by, pronto, to defend it all.

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Great job, Brownie Kathleen!!

Bitter Clinger on February 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Turn your head …etc.

That is rather sexist and leaves the other gender out…you mean, “slide down and put your feet in the stirrups,” don’t you?

Pardon me, I can’t help it.

Fleuries on February 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Don’t worry, the economy will save the Dems.

NotCoach on February 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM

You never can go wrong with going back to the Sham Wow speech! Totally lacking in reality, filled with inaccuracies, and a complete and total lie. IMO, the Sham Wow speech will have marked the minute that Obamacare began to die.

Happy Nomad on February 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Nobody is madder than Obama.

Happy Nomad on February 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Reminder: We called it. All of it.

Yes, and all of those promises have been broken, and yet no one apart from one or two senators is out there is calling for repeal. Embrace the suck.

RDH on February 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM

So it has been said….let it be written….so it is….

Reality is not the actual real world experiences of little people but the narrative provided by our thought leaders…If only Fox would quit reporting things then all or the failures and problems of government would go away….Truly we do dwell in Xanadu….we just seem to be stuck in some mass delusion….

Any know if ‘Mass Delusion’ is covered under PPACA/Obamacare?

abnormal_1 on February 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Not a smidgen of corruption.

John the Libertarian on February 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM

libfreeordie on December 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 12:51 PM

We like to poke fun at libdie for these statements.

But never underestimate ‘rats. By November, they just may double down and actually run on ACA (not calling it obamacare, of course). They may be severely cornered so a Pee Wee Herman ‘I meant to do that’ could very well become the only hail Mary left.

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Turn your head to the side and cough, America

…bend over…and forget the lubricant!

KOOLAID2 on February 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM

A lot of them really have no choice. The Dems set it up so they would get all the credit for Obamacare. They’ve put on the short skirt and been cheerleading for years. And they’ve voted for Obamacare in all its glory. They can’t exactly walk away from three years of support even though Obamacare isn’t what they thought it was going to be.

Happy Nomad on February 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Any know if ‘Mass Delusion’ is covered under PPACA/Obamacare?

abnormal_1 on February 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Maybe there should be group therapy on television or something. We could get Oprah to host. ;0

Happy Nomad on February 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM

But he’s black. And he’s dreamy….

Galtian on February 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM

“Democrats will run on ObamaCare”.

But in November 2014, ObamaCare runs on you.
With big heavy boots, Democrats.

orangemtl on February 5, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Turn your head? Oh no, this is bend over and prepare to be inspected with a broom handle wrapped in barbed wire.

Bishop on February 5, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Devastating. But too long for a campaign commercial. Maybe 10 campaign commercials?

Seriously, though. I saw a lot of Fox News clips. This is clearly all their fault.

Chris of Rights on February 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM

and then hotair will run out of material to bash the President on…that’s what you’re really afraid of, right?

nonpartisan on November 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM

libfreeordie on December 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Chris of Rights on February 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM

If then the “folks” are stupid enough to re-elect them, they deserve to be scroomed into devastating oblivion. Nothing but schadenfreude for fools. I don’t suffer fools.

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 1:21 PM

“You F*cked Up, You Trusted Us”

As a fix for the nation’s healthcare challenges, Obamacare is little more than an EpicClusterFarkNado.

As a tool to expand the power and control of the federal government by seizing control of 1/6th of the national economy in the name of ‘fairness’, ‘social justice’, and to facilitate expanded wealth redistribution, it’s working as intended.

Remember, in every effective lie, there is a modicum of truth. The lie is that this is intended to fix healthcare. The truth is that it’s working as intended… it’s the result of Alinsky + Cloward / Piven.

Athos on February 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I loved the video but it was just plain mean. Since when are not good intentions not enough?

Laurence on February 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM

What I find really cute is the Democrats, after doing this to the country, actually believe they can just sit back and hope it doesn’t fall apart before the election. Don’t they realize one of the reasons it’s as bad as it is was because so much was put off until after the last election, just so Republicans wouldn’t have an issue. Are they really this callous that they’re willing to put the whole country through this disaster just to save an election?

bflat879 on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Sorry, it’s not covered. Call 1-800-F1CKYOU and ask for ‘Peggy’….he’ll tell you.

Athos on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

It took me a week to get over Obama initially being elected because I knew in my heart we were going to go down the wrong path. It gives me no pleasure to witness our new reality. As a 21-year veteran of the United States Marine Corps, I weep for our elderly, the opportunities our young have lost, and for the economic engine called the middle class. In short, I weep for America. I have never had such a low opinion of the leaders of this once, great nation. That includes Republicans as well. Wake up America.

Thurston Howell III on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

As I wrote a while ago on another post about Nancy Pelosi, the same applies where Obama is concerned:

the nation should really consider that Barack Obama is insane. It’s way beyond time that he hasn’t been properly evaluated as an individual who either can’t distinguish reality from deluson or who intentionally presents delusion as reality. Either way, he’s not a well man.

Lourdes on February 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Are they [Democrats] really this callous that they’re willing to put the whole country through this disaster just to save an election?

bflat879 on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Yes. Yes, they are.

Lourdes on February 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Along with others: Great job in producing this.

A.S.R. on February 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM

the nation should really consider that Barack Obama is insane.

Lourdes on February 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM

The rat-eared wonder clearly has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Symptoms of this disorder:

Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments

Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others

Envies others and believes others envy him/her

Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence

Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others

Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior

Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

I would suggest that President of the United States is not a great job for somebody with NPD. The job, attention, and entourage all affirm the very worst aspects of NPD. It has elevated Obama’s mental disorder to the point that he considers himself a God among mere men.

Happy Nomad on February 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM

If then the “folks” are stupid enough to re-elect them

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I need to get you a ride in Bishop’s time machine back to 2012.

Thurston Howell III on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Obviously a Yale man.

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Indeed, Lance, and they deserve the fool, in full. I hope he destroys them all.

OT, but all is on same topic.

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Thurston Howell III on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Thank You for your service, and yes, I echo your sentiments…

Scrumpy on February 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Lourdes on February 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM

That is for sure Lourdes…

Scrumpy on February 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Barack Obama is greatest con man in US history.

crrr6 on February 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Thurston Howell III on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Semper Fi

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Barack Obama is greatest con man in US history.

crrr6 on February 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Indeed, Lance, and they deserve the fool, in full. I hope he destroys them all.

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Yeah, unfortunately it will destroy us all in the process.

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Bend over America – you asked for it, you got it and you can’t do anything about it.

albill on February 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Thanks for the link.

Will pass around :)

Scrumpy on February 5, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM

We prepare, to the best of our abilities, for what is to come…

Scrumpy on February 5, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Loved the montage Guy!!

“Power to Truth”!

*Up Twinkles*

canopfor on February 5, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Yeah, unfortunately it will destroy us all in the process.

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 1:42 PM

True…those who don’t defend the constitution lose their constitutional republic. The land will be destroyed by both current parties. I blame the Rs way more.

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Nobody is madder than Obama.

Happy Nomad on February 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I truly believe this, but not in the sense of “mad” as “angry.” More in the “hatter” sense.

SacredFire on February 5, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Very nice compilation, although it made me want to scream. In a just world, the president would go to jail for fraud and theft. What has happened that we allow our alledged “leaders” to get away with something like this? Are we truly this stupid as a nation?

kam582 on February 5, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Glorious

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 2:02 PM

bflat879 on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Short answer; Yes.

yesiamapirate on February 5, 2014 at 2:05 PM

For that he should be named “Liar of the Year” for 2014, second year in a row.

petefrt on February 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Athos on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Peggy who?

bettycooper on February 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM

O-care is where the term “butthurt” reached prevalence in the urban lexicon.

kirkill on February 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Happy Nomad on February 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I seem to remember a once famous college basketball coach commenting on the situation a young women may face that is spookily close to our current predicament.

This seems to me no different than what the dems are saying to America now.

Zomcon JEM on February 5, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Too bad this isn’t an election year…

… Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on February 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Thurston Howell III on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

It didn’t take me quite that long, though in some ways I think I could argue I’m still not over it. This was what I vented a few days after the election; my relatives who thought I was totally over-reacting, are finally starting to see a glimmer of the light, I hope.

LibraryGryffon on February 5, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Athos on February 5, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Peggy who?

bettycooper on February 5, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I think he means this Peggy, who is probably at least as helpful as any Ø-care operator will be able to be, given that Ø-care is even worse-run company than USA Prime Credit.

LibraryGryffon on February 5, 2014 at 4:34 PM