Get ready for open-registration tomorrow at Hot Air

posted at 12:01 pm on February 5, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

The headline is as much a memo to our staff as to our readers who have missed out on open-registration days in the past. Tomorrow we open the books and gird our loins for the flood of new commenters to Hot Air!

Open registration for new commenters here at Hot Air will commence between 9 am and 4 pm ET, when our staff support is on duty to assist in the process.  We will approve new registrants, not process amnesty requests for previously-banned commenters. We’ll have instructions in tomorrow’s post on how this works and what to expect — so please make sure you read those before peppering us with questions we have already answered.

And rather than just leave a short post on the front page for this announcement, let’s toss in a little entertainment, too. Reason TV has selected its Nanny of the Month for January 2014. Will it be California, Chicago, or a “buttinsky” New Jersey mayor?

Never mind that plenty of foodies say “the law is confusing, ineffective, bad for the environment and can compromise a final dish,” California is now forcing chefs and bartenders to wear single-use gloves or utensils when handling food like sushi and fresh fruit.

And how about Chicago? The city has decided to ban vaping in public (for the children!), thus potentially making it a little tougher for smokers to ditch cancer sticks.

But this month the nation’s biggest buttinksy is the New Jersey mayor who showed up at at a home on Christmas Eve and ordered a family to remove decorations because one neighbor deemed them offensive.

See you tomorrow!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Knucks! ALT used to have a beat on Knucks’ whereabouts.

bettycooper on February 5, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Knuck and I had a falling out some months before she was last seen.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Ah, the good ol’ days…

lovingmyUSA on February 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Sorry. Left school at 15.

rik on February 5, 2014 at 2:31 PM

And yet, here you are on the Right side.

Hammie on February 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Bmore on February 5, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Love the artwork on your link.

Hammie on February 5, 2014 at 11:24 PM

HumpBot Salvation on February 5, 2014 at 5:03 PM

The simplest way for evil men to take over this Republic is for good people to do nothing (i.e.: not vote for the most conservative of the major candidates)

Hammie on February 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Wow, looks like I already have a login. Awesome. Welcome back Geo.

geotopia on February 6, 2014 at 2:17 AM

I wonder what Valerie Jarrett’s and Anita Dunn’s nicknames will be?

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 6, 2014 at 6:26 AM

From those that have been long time readers and contributors to Hot Air need new T-shirts and Hats. I wear mine as a Poll Worker without any push back from a political system that is 80% (D).

Goes to show you how much they know or care because the (D) party pays them.

I send my check to the (R) party to try to get more people to register as an (R).

MSGTAS on February 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM

If my Mayor showed up at my doorstep and demanded I remove my Christmas decorations (before the middle of January, say), I’d tell him to “make me”. Getting him on paper with such a demand would be devastating – for him.

ReggieA on February 6, 2014 at 3:31 PM