Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 4, 2014 by Allahpundit

At the height of Seinfeld’s popularity, the NBC comedy was repeatedly accused of presenting an exclusively “white” view of its diverse New York City setting. During Jerry Seinfeld’s BuzzFeed Brews with CBS This Morning interview on Monday, BuzzFeed Business Editor Peter Lauria asked about the enduring criticism, which has carried over to his Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee web series. The Crackle docu-comedy featured white male performers (like Larry David, Ricky Gervais, Alec Baldwin, and Michael Richards) in the first batch of episodes, but later included Sarah Silverman and Tina Fey.

“People think it’s the census or something,” Seinfeld said of the assertion that all pop culture should accurately reflect society. “This has gotta represent the actual pie chart of America? Who cares? Funny is the world that I live in. You’re funny, I’m interested. You’re not funny, I’m not interested. I have no interest in gender or race or anything like that.”

***

Needless to say, the scoldosphere didn’t disappoint. Here’s Gawker’s Kyle Chayka, at 9:23 p.m.: “Jerry Seinfeld, the most successful comedian in the world and maker of comedy for and about white people, isn’t interested in trying to include non-white anything in his work.” Here’s Vulture’s Halle Kiefer at 12:57 this morning: “Jerry Seinfeld wanted to clarify that he really, really does not give a tiny rat’s behind about the issue of racial or gender diversity in comedy.”…

The nice thing about the PC scolds is how remarkably predictable they are. The scary thing about the PC scolds is how many of them there are and how willing they are to simply regurgitate nonsense concocted by the ringmasters of the three-ring circus that is the modern left.

***

As the comedy-world blog Splitsider explains, people are upset not because Seinfeld prioritizes humor over diversity, but that he’s saying — given the existence of funny people from a wide variety of backgrounds — that it’s “P.C. nonsense” to give any thought to the message sent by highlighting mostly white men. The very response to his statement, and to the whole recent history of diversity in comedy, shows that he’d do well to give it more weight. Even if he is being purely meritocratic, some comedians have already noted that the system doesn’t necessarily give all voices a shot, whether those exclusions are deliberate or the product of institutional factors. And, because that conversation started before Seinfeld got into it, his deciding to ignore it can’t make it go away.

It’s possible that Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee won’t drive conversation for long enough to have an impact, but if the issue stays in the spotlight, Seinfeld’s perspective will lose. A continued lack of diversity on his show would prove his detractors’ point — and make him look racist and sexist, even if he’s merely failing to actively think about matters of race and sex — while increased diversity would seem to acknowledge that the “nonsense” isn’t so nonsensical at all. There’s no longer a way for a prominent comedian with Seinfeld’s level of influence to be so glib about the issue — especially given that of his 26 guests, only 2 have been women and another 2 have been non-white. (There have been no minority women guests so far.)

***

“He seems to suggest that any comedian who is not a white male is also not funny,” Chayka asserted, based on nothing more than his own passionate belief in the inherent necessity of gender and race-based quotas.

“Which is too bad,” Chayka continued ill-advisedly, “because Seinfeld is downplaying the work of everyone from Richard Pryor and Bill Cosby to Aziz Ansari, Mindy Kaling, and Eddie Huang, who are all in various stages of their own sitcoms that just might turn out to be the next Seinfeld.”

Surely, Chayka researched this post before he went off on a tear. He must know that Seinfeld called Pryor “the Picasso of our profession,” or that he hosted an event honoring Cosby and called himself “not that funny” by comparison, or that Ansari regularly joins Seinfeld’s exclusive inner circle of comedians. Et cetera, et cetera.

In fact, there are few working comedians who do not have a story to tell about how Seinfeld and his encouraging cohorts aided in the development of their careers.

***

The idea behind diversity is not that everyone gets their fair share of the Jerry Seinfeld webisode pie, it’s that theoretically, if we’re choosing comics based on their relative merit, the natural result should roughly approximate the diversity of the field and, if it doesn’t, maybe there’s a reason for that. The “quota” isn’t the object of the exercise, it is one measurement of it. It’s something to think about, and if Jerry Seinfeld did think about it, there is no way he would conclude that there are only two black comics worth getting coffee with, or one female comic. He would conclude that, for whatever reason, he missed something.

Instead, though, Seinfeld makes the choice not to think about it, and not to care about it, because the mere observation equals accusation, and thinking about it, discussing it, equals an admission.

As with most white males, it is Jerry Seinfeld’s privilege not to care about diversity, but I guarantee his show is the poorer for it. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I thought Sasha is the meezer…

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Sasha is the torti and Sheldon is the jerkface.

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Very good. Normal grooming is necessary, but nothing more than that as far as the licking goes. Just keep an eye on him and keep him distracted. :)

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Absent any context, that is very… interesting…

Midas on February 4, 2014 at 11:22 PM

kcewa, that “Going to Mexico” video was superb. I think Ricardo Montalban, or someone who mimics him, is the voice.

In honor of terryannonline, from us racists.

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2014 at 11:22 PM

wolly4321 on February 4, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Haha. Good one. Keep em coming.

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM

Most likely, but occasional exposure, particularly for cleaning, is normal. Don’t be alarmed if he does so cleaning himself.

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Thanks for letting me know. This is the first male animal I have had in years…

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Midas on February 4, 2014 at 11:22 PM

lol! Omaha’s male kitten who was just neutered. I was a veterinary hospital manager and surgical assistant for awhile when I was beginning climbing the career ladder. :)

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Ronbot. LoL
Speaking of which…he was unfriended/blocked by one today. They knew each other from high school.
She told him that there was nothing in the Constitution that allows for a standing army-the nation is only supposed to have small citizen militias, that ALL wars are wrong, that she doesn’t support the troops, and that she ‘refuses to worship a rag’. He tried to agree to disagree w/ her-to no avail.
Those people can NOT be reasoned with!
*glares*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM

WHO’s a Ronbot??

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM

lol! You’re very welcome, Omaha. It’s not like they come with operator’s manuals when we get them.

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM

I thought Sasha is the meezer…

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:21 PM

She’s a dilute-torti meezer mix.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM

yeah,,maybe no PHD…but your lumber bartering skills are to be admired..!

going2mars on February 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM

haven’t seen an erection yet since he came home. Hope they stop… OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:18pm

Ummm..

How much do you like that cat?

wolly4321 on February 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM

She’s a dilute-torti meezer mix.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Ain no damn meezer in Sasha!

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Schade,
If and when Libfree shows up, tell him to read the Constitution, pretty sure there was something written there about providing for the military, and if he starts on about the General Welfare clause send him to read Madison on that, pretty sure that guys knew what it meant when he wrote it!

Jackie, good evening lady, hope all is well.

Twerpy, try not to hurt to many people’s feelings tonight, there are very sensitive people on here, unfortunately I am not one of them.

MarshFox on February 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM

going2mars on February 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Thanks. Here is my new win-win wood gathering idea. For every load of wood that is donated to me I will give some saw dust to the Ratso fund to have the tattoo fixed.

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM

It’s too late, Spark. You’ll always be Professor Spark to me. ;)

Buena sera, Professore Spark. :)

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Ain no damn meezer in Sasha!

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM

There absolutely is! she has almond-shaped eyes and her meow is all meezer.
She’s starting-sigh-to develope that old cat skinnyness. As she’s gotten thinner-the meezer has become more apparent.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM

You are not alone. Neither has Moochelle cause Barry is gay and she is ugly.

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM

MarshFox on February 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Howdy MF, only if you are a racist rube tonight, like us.

He doesn’t know about the constitution or other papers, but feels safe to be stupid, knowing he’s protected.

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM

brilliant..!!..that there is PHDish..

going2mars on February 4, 2014 at 11:32 PM

Spark, to be called “dumb” by terryann is a compliment.

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Ummm..

How much do you like that cat?

wolly4321 on February 4, 2014 at 11:26 PM

I don;t want him spraying piss throughout the house. That’s what I thought the erections meant…

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

This whole kerfuffle would actually make a great plot for an episode of “Seinfeld” — sort of the racism version of the episode where the NYU reporter thought Jerry and George were gay.

jon1979 on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

MarshFox on February 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Good evening, MarshFox. :) How wonderful to see you. Very kind of you to think of me.

I’m fine. I hope all is well with you and Mrs. MarshFox. :)

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Clearly Jerry Seinfeld should make minorities the butt of his jokes now.

This is what the diversity czars want, right?

(Of course not. The diversity czars still want white folks to be the butt of the jokes, they just want non-whites making the jokes.)

BKennedy on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

“scoldosphere” — LOL, that sums up the always-offended left to a tee.

KS Rex on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Sasha is the meezer, Penny is the wedgehead, Libfree is the blockhead….

Who’s on first?

viking01 on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Absent any context, that is very… interesting… Midas on February 4, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Cats lack an opposible thumb. They can’t make a fist.

There’s the context.

wolly4321 on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

We got Sheldon neutered in ’08. No problems…except for me rubbing his belly, pointing, and commenting, ‘That’s where your bawlz used to be’.
My husband cringes when I say that.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 4, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Sasha is the meezer, Penny is the wedgehead, Libfree is the blockhead….

Who’s on first?

viking01 on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

I’m watching Antwerp cat videos right now.

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:34 PM

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Lol. Smooch.

For every smooch action there is an equal and opposite smooch reaction.

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:34 PM

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM

She sure is, and has an azz like a caboose…

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:34 PM

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Nope. JR was fixed at a young age. I caught him pissing near Lucy’s stuff several times now.

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Cats lack an opposible thumb. They can’t make a fist.

There’s the context.

wolly4321 on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

I’ll bet Ratso is trying….

viking01 on February 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM

WHO’s a Ronbot??

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM

That fellow in the corner over there debating himself.

Don’t worry … if no one talks directly to him, he’ll stay that way for hours.

;)

PolAgnostic on February 4, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Yeah, sure Tommy Boy. A guy who had one of the most successful TV shows of all-time, and is one of the most successful comedians of all-time, definitely needs your advice to learn how to make it in show biz.

The arrogance of this crop of Pajama Boy pundits is really amazing.

Dreadnought on February 4, 2014 at 11:36 PM

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Smooooch!:)

You’re quite right once again, Professore. :)

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:36 PM

In honor of terryannonline, from us racists.

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2014 at 11:22 PM

He’s not the best dancer is he?

kcewa on February 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I’ll bet Ratso is trying….

viking01 on February 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM

LOLZ!

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Wow the illegal criminal alien border jumping apologist tried every sophomoric trick in the book; race baiting, sympathy, hyperbole, ad hominum, projection, throwing a tantrum, and lying…

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Amado Mio – Pink Martini

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Spawn’s more likely to become a Ronbot than a Zero fan…which is to say that he won’t become either when he ‘grows up’. annoyinglittletwerp on February 4, 2014 at 11:28 Pm

Though he was “growed up”. Owns a .40cal.

wolly4321 on February 4, 2014 at 11:42 PM

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Depends on the cat. Type A cats will spray no matter what you do.

For older cats, one study showed that
87% of all male cats stop spraying after castration
78% stop immediately
9% stop in a few months
13% keep spraying

kcewa on February 4, 2014 at 11:42 PM

kcewa on February 4, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Hoping Ratso is in the 87 percentile…

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Pistol Shrimp make wonderful pets. They don’t spray and you don’t have to pay to cut their nuts off.

Just stay away from the big claw. It can kill you.

SparkPlug on February 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I am poor white trash, that close enough?

MarshFox on February 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Americans go to Mexico

h/t kcewa

Schadenfreude on February 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I Want To Be Like You – Louis Prima

lol! Love Prima.

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM

She is enjoying the company of her visiting parents while I am away, she said she was quilting up a storm with her Mom. Her Dad is trying desperately to placate my husky while I am gone. Don’t worry, I am still here in the states, just normal stuff, and I get to visit my family since I am close by on this trip.

MarshFox on February 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Hoping Ratso is in the 87 percentile…

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Here’s the thing. JR never sprayed in the house until one time when Lucy surprised him and he got scared and tried to attack her. She beat his ass. Now he’s afraid of her and runs whenever she comes near and of course she chases him. Showing fear to Lucy is the wrong thing to do. Now, he sniffs things, looks around for her, turns and shakes his tail at whatever he wants to mark.

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:50 PM

MarshFox on February 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM

While I’m sorry that you have to be away, even a short way, I’m delighted that you can visit and that Mrs. MarshFox has company in your absence. :)

It will make the time pass swiftly for her and the visits will be pleasant for you, too. :)

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Obama’s job gets easier…

Sheila Jackson Lee: Writing executive orders for Obama to sign ‘our number one agenda’

Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee said that the new Congressional Full Employment Caucus will “give President Obama a number of executive orders that he can sign.”

kcewa on February 4, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:50 PM

I just won’t be able to put up with that. Cat piss make my eyes water and gags me…

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Obama’s job gets easier…

kcewa on February 4, 2014 at 11:52 PM

*SMH* Why do we have to suffer these imbeciles!

Murphy9 on February 4, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Ratso will be fine. Clean little box, easy and ready access, an occasional treat, just once in a while, as posititive reinforcement when he uses it, and plenty of security and distractions. :)

I rescued a Bengal that was spraying and the elderly owner were going to have him destroyed.

I took him in, and watched him. I have a cleaning service to take care of my carpets every three months and I also have a very good steam shampooer of my own.

His front feet had been declawed and the litter they recommended for the cat, the litter they used, was pine and it was in the form of tiny presto-logs. I watched this cat as he walked across the floor one day, the hardwood, after he’d jumped down from a chair. He was limping a little. When he reached the rug, he stopped limping and visibly relaxed.

I watched him actually in the litter box and I could see that he was uncomfortable and when he jumped out, he was limping slightly. I changed his litter to a clay litter with baking soda. He never sprayed in the house again.

He was spraying to let someone, anyone, know that the litter was hurting his paws. Once the litter was changed, he was fine.

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:57 PM

I get to visit my family since I am close by on this trip.

MarshFox on February 4, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Good to hear. Say hi to the Shore. ; )

Bmore on February 4, 2014 at 11:57 PM

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Sasha pisses on any ‘fabric’ left on the floor. She was abused before we got her-and she’s really an awesome cat, We deal w/ it.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM

I’m poor white trash, that close enough? Unfortunately that protection won’t help when the bad really starts to happen, for anyone, and that bothers me most, I have seen too much death and destruction in my life, I thought I would be free from it when my time was done, but I think not. MarshFox on February 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I hear you.

I thought I got lucky,, and fell between the cracks. Born in 68. between conflagurations. But I think I’ll live long enough to catch the beginning of the next one.

I rather hunt squirrels and
rabbit. I don ‘t trust who takes us to war.

I don’t know what you have seen. I know what my grandfather saw.

He was young when that went down. Not my age. I’m not a young buck anymore.

wolly4321 on February 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Two meezers and a snowshoe at our household (the meezers are, as spouse refers to them, “simpleheaded siamese”, not wedgies). The two female meezers (one blue-cream tortie, one fat seal point) hate the guts of the seal point snowshoe. Because he’s a stinky ol’ boy.

theotherone on February 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM

theotherone on February 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Sasha’s a blue-cream tortie. I refer to her as my Jewish mother…and SHADDUP SHELDON!
*Stupid cat*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Lanceman on February 4, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Anti anxiety drugs are available from your vet which may be used in preventing your cat from spraying. Clomicalm and valium are drugs available only from Veterinarians and are used for treating spraying problems in cats.

kcewa on February 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM

OmahaConservative on February 4, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Hopefully he won’t do that. But there are ways to make him quit. Look online if it happens.

*SMH* Why do we have to suffer these imbeciles!

Murphy9 on February 4, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Hank Johnson. Sheila Jackson Lee. Corrine Brown. John Conyers. Alcee Hastings. John Lewis. Elijah Cummings. Jesse Jackson Jr. Barbara Lee. Frederica Wilson. Cynthia McKinney. Maxine Waters.

What is the common denominator among these titans of intelligence?

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Bmore on February 4, 2014 at 11:57 PM

I made a cross cut sled today for the table saw which I finally put back together after refurbish. Got a power twist v-belt

The thing cuts might fine now. Very clean with this blade

Enough about wood, back to cats. lol.

SparkPlug on February 5, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Bmore on February 4, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Need to pick up some duck calls while I am here, Duck Commander ain’t got nothing on the shore boys when it comes to duckin;) I just hope that I can avoid being noticed too much, rather stay away from a certain element if possible;)

MarshFox on February 5, 2014 at 12:03 AM

I Want To Be Like You – Louis Prima

lol! Love Prima.

thatsafactjack on February 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM

That video is hilarious too :)

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 12:04 AM

theotherone on February 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM

What’s a snowshoe? Because I often remark that JR eats sitting like a snowshoe hare.

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:04 AM

If you remember, Seinfeld is pretty hard on dwarfs, Indians and the disabled, with a number of episodes that point out the futility of some of the things we do to over-compensate in that PC area.

And since we’re all about multiculturalism why aren’t there more Islamic comedies? NBC should come out with a sit-com about a normal family struggling with the demands of honor-killings, slaughter and everyday oppression of women and infidels.

virgo on February 5, 2014 at 12:05 AM

Talk about a cheap trick.

GarandFan on February 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM

GarandFan:If you insist:)
=========================

Dream Police – Cheap Trick

canopfor on February 5, 2014 at 12:05 AM

I never had a German Shepard that sprayed.

But I had one eat a couch in one day, and all the base trim in the house.

wolly4321 on February 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Swing Cats Jamboree

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 12:07 AM

What is the common denominator among these titans of intelligence?

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Ivy league education?

kcewa on February 5, 2014 at 12:07 AM

I had a German Shepherd once. Pythias was his name. He was racist and bit black people…

OmahaConservative on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Snowshoe:

theotherone on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 12:04 AM

It is. :)

thatsafactjack on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Too easy

PolAgnostic on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I am so sick of all of this skin color-obsessed crap from the PC liberal brigade.

End all racial affirmative action now!

bluegill on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

She’s heeeeeerrree…

OmahaConservative on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Very clever. Well played. :)

thatsafactjack on February 5, 2014 at 12:09 AM

virgo on February 5, 2014 at 12:05 AM

The multi-cultists hold some groups sacred and beyond criticism.

bluegill on February 5, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Sasha’s a blue-cream tortie. I refer to her as my Jewish mother…

annoyinglittletwerp on February 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM

I’ve been referring to mine lately as my “laptop” cat…because that’s where she’s been plonking herself a lot. She’s around 14 years old, but in good health.

theotherone on February 5, 2014 at 12:09 AM

What is the common denominator among these titans of intelligence?

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM

A predilection for small furry hats.

Murphy9 on February 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Sorry. Just testing “Temporal Distortion” subroutine version 2.1.0.1.c

PolAgnostic on February 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM

theotherone on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Ah. The color. When JR eats, he sits to where the tips of his back feet encroach on the plane of the front feet.

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM

She’s heeeeeerrree…

OmahaConservative on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Flora would have kicked the sh!t out of that old dog.

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:11 AM

wolly4321 on February 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM

I have been fortunate, everyone I took directly under me I brought back, all in one piece and we were on the road a lot, especially in 05 and I was at a place called Haditha quite a bit then, I am sure you have heard of that place.

I want to get back to hunting and fishing myself and some farming, it is when I feel most at peace, I know she is safe(Mrs MarshFox) and I am doing what comes natural, providing for my family.

MarshFox on February 5, 2014 at 12:11 AM

13% keep spraying

kcewa on February 4, 2014 at 11:42 PM

…they vote…for JugEars!

KOOLAID2 on February 5, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Aw, the ever-racist liberals know Jerry is a big Obama fan. So, they thought Jerry was on board with The Program.

Have a cookie, kids.

Moesart on February 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM

A predilection for small furry hats.

Murphy9 on February 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM

In the case of Wilson, it’s a plastic one that goes with the flower she wears.

But no, they are all moderately smarter/louder/more corrupt than the people they represent.

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:12 AM

theotherone on February 5, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Sasha turns 14 this month.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Maybe that’s the Cornish Game Hen posture. http://sweettater.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/meatloaf-cat.jpg

theotherone on February 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Aquarium – St Saens

thatsafactjack on February 5, 2014 at 12:15 AM

What is the common denominator among these titans of intelligence?

Lanceman on February 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM

Rocks

Schadenfreude on February 5, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Dance Macabre – St Saens

thatsafactjack on February 5, 2014 at 12:19 AM

had a German Shepherd once. Pythias was his name. He was racist and bit black people… OmahaConservative on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Mine was the same. I think it pissed him off he couldn’t see them as well at night. Honestly,, it seemed to make him mad.

He was a big dog.

I was the crazy white mf’r with cujo that owned the gun shop. Distinct advantage in race riot days.

wolly4321 on February 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM

all this talk of cats and cats only…is Petist…
HA need to spend more time on dogs.. and fish…
and other pets to achieve equal pet outcome..

going2mars on February 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM

Axe likes cats and wood.

SparkPlug on February 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM

OmahaConservative on February 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I have six of them that patrol around my Houston place, all of them racist. They are trained to kill anyone who comes on the property who doesn’t look like them. And, they don’t care about color or the content of character.

TXUS on February 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM

going2mars on February 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM

lol! Good evening, going2mars. :)

thatsafactjack on February 5, 2014 at 12:21 AM